TORCS Sports Car Series

Archive for the three above subforums
tristan1117
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: TORCS Sports Car Series

Post by tristan1117 »

I will tentatively enter with #11 Merick Trevant (FRA) for now.
CoopsII wrote:On occasion I have ventured into the PMM forum but beat a hasty retreat soon after as it resembles some sort of bad acid trip in there
ryangregg12345

Post by ryangregg12345 »

Just one thing - How do you rename TORCS AI? :?
1989 Monaco Grand Prix
Murray Walker: Rene says the reason he is going so slow is because he’s used to turbo cars, and these exasperated engine cars are a different kettle of fish to drive.
James Hunt: And all I can say to that is bullsh*t.
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

ryangregg12345 wrote:Just one thing - How do you rename TORCS AI? :?

Let me Google that for you.
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

ryangregg12345 wrote:Just one thing - How do you rename TORCS AI? :?

You can't rename the built-in robots as far as I'm aware - you'll have to create your own. Which is a fun little task.

4.4.2 Can I develop a robot using Windows?

Yes, you can. Here is a rough guide:

• Download the TORCS source and manage to compile and run it.
  • Download e. g. the bt robot package, it is a little enhanced version of the robot developed in the tutorial, so there is good documentation available to understand it.
  • Copy the sources into a new directory, e. g. when you choose the name "myrobot" create a directory /src/drivers/myrobot.
  • Copy all the bt files into the myrobot directory.
  • Now rename all "bt*" files into "myrobot*".
  • Edit myrobot.def and also change all bt strings into myrobot.
  • The same for myrobot.dsp, .xml, perhaps more, you get the idea.
  • Change the "bt" module entry point in myrobot.cpp to "myrobot", also make the strings for the robots names and description match with those in myrobot.xml.
  • Add the myrobot project to TORCS, open the project with vc++ and try to compile it.
  • If you want to deploy the files you have to do that manually, create a directory in "runtime" where the other robots are and copy the required files there (myrobot.dll, .xml, setup subdirectories etc.).
  • Now TORCS should pick up your robot.
Eurosport broadcast for the 1990 Mexican GP prequalifying:
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
ryangregg12345

Post by ryangregg12345 »

I guess you all want to sign up for the series now that I've finally decided to take charge of it... :D
1989 Monaco Grand Prix
Murray Walker: Rene says the reason he is going so slow is because he’s used to turbo cars, and these exasperated engine cars are a different kettle of fish to drive.
James Hunt: And all I can say to that is bullsh*t.
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

ryangregg12345 wrote:I guess you all want to sign up for the series now that I've finally decided to take charge of it... :D

Really depends on whether or not you can actually make the thing work. Because looking at the instructions on making your own AI drivers, it's not going to be easy.
Eurosport broadcast for the 1990 Mexican GP prequalifying:
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
FMecha

Post by FMecha »

avril_4 wrote:I am fond of collecting best sports car. The cars I have recently collected are wonderful. Do you want to see?
[link removed]

Oh well. Spamming in a thread about a series that is unlikely to take off. After you delete the spammer, can you please lock this thread, mods? :)
PSN ID: FMecha_EXE | FMecha on GT Sport
mario

Post by mario »

FMecha wrote:
avril_4 wrote:I am fond of collecting best sports car. The cars I have recently collected are wonderful. Do you want to see?
[link removed]

Oh well. Spamming in a thread about a series that is unlikely to take off. After you delete the spammer, can you please lock this thread, mods? :)

Sure, I shall get right onto that.
Martin Brundle, on watching a replay of Grosjean spinning:
"The problem with Grosjean is that he want to take a look back at the corner he's just exited"