The 2017 Silly Season thread

The place for speaking your mind on current goings-on in F1
dr-baker

Re: The 2017 Silly Season thread

Post by dr-baker »

Benetton wrote:If I'd be in Bottas position I would move to Renault. Don't really understand why Renault would be interested in him.

Seriously? Why would you move to Renault from Williams, based upon recent seasons?
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
girry

Post by girry »

Renault are a works team, and Enstone is a capable factory usually when they're not as cash-strapped as they were the last 2 years with Lotus.
when you're dead people start listening
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

giraurd wrote:Renault are a works team, and Enstone is a capable factory usually when they're not as cash-strapped as they were the last 2 years with Lotus.

Williams also have less budget, so long-term this may present a better option.

There are rumours (albeit within some quarters of the Spanish press, so take this with a few armfuls of salt) that Renault are in talks with Movistar and BBVA over sponsorship for next season. The car would, if these events happen, turn blue.
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
tBone

Post by tBone »

Ataxia wrote:
giraurd wrote:Renault are a works team, and Enstone is a capable factory usually when they're not as cash-strapped as they were the last 2 years with Lotus.

There are rumours (albeit within some quarters of the Spanish press, so take this with a few armfuls of salt) that Renault are in talks with Movistar and BBVA over sponsorship for next season. The car would, if these events happen, turn blue.

Those sponsors surely would like, or even demand, a Spanish driver, right? Then again, I thought both Sainz and Alonso have contracts and I don't know if there is a young talent in the junior classes ready for such a seat.

By the way, could you imagine this with Movistar logos? My goodness it would look awesome!
YOUR
LOGO

Here
mario

Post by mario »

Ataxia wrote:

I would agree with that assessment - whilst Williams did start this era with a very competitive car, as time as worn on and the advantage that Mercedes had over the other engine manufacturers has reduced, so has Williams's relative competitiveness against the rest of the field.

In 2014 and 2015, there were races where Williams genuinely had chances at potentially taking race victories, but I doubt that anybody would say that this year given their more recent form. Equally, in the WCC we have seen Williams slip back from a solid 3rd place for 2014 and 2015 to 4th this year, with a strong likelihood of falling behind Force India and into 5th place. Their current car still has many of the underlying issues that their original design philosophy created back in 2014, and as time has worn on those issues have been more and more exposed.

Now, 2017 is going to see a major shake up of the regulations that is expected to place a heavier emphasis on aerodynamic performance - an area where Williams have not been particularly strong in for a long time now. I would expect the 2017 regulations to push Williams further back into the midfield pack rather than helping them out, so I'd agree that their longer term competitiveness is likely to be on a downward trend.

As for Renault, whilst the team is certainly taking some pain now, Renault have been increasing their expenditure on the team - they recently announced that they were investing more money to accelerate their development plans - and they have also been engaging in a fairly aggressive recruitment drive. Their funding is likely to be more secure and their budget more robust than Williams, whilst the recent work to rebuild the workforce of the team is likely to give them a longer term advantage when it comes to developing a car. Renault are also going to have the advantage of being able to improve the integration of their powertrain to their chassis, being a works team, whereas Williams are having to base their chassis around the layout that Mercedes dictates.

Yes, it is true that Renault's engine is still not on a par with Mercedes, but the performance gap has narrowed and Renault does have a lot of performance tokens they can still deploy this year to narrow the gap. Meanwhile, the higher emphasis on aerodynamic performance is likely to benefit Renault as well, since they can dedicate more resources to that area than Williams most likely can.
As you say, moving to Renault would probably entail taking a bit of short term pain in return for longer term gains, since I would imagine that Renault's trajectory is more likely to be upwards whilst Williams are probably, at best, going to plateau or possibly decline even further.
Martin Brundle, on watching a replay of Grosjean spinning:
"The problem with Grosjean is that he want to take a look back at the corner he's just exited"
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

What happened the last time big banks started having enough money to fritter away on F1 sponsorship...?

That aside, I'm surprised that both Movistar and BBVA are potentially in-line to sponsor Renault. Firstly, Movistar have their title sponsorship of Yamaha in MotoGP - I wonder if that will be affected, especially considering Lorenzo is now off to Ducati. Second, two prominently Spanish companies sponsoring a French team (although Movistar, via Telefonica, does have history with Renault from the Alonso years). And third, how on earth does a Spanish bank, that doesn't have foreign interests on the same scale like Santander, have enough money to sponsor an F1 team?
I want my MTV...Simtek Ford

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

AndreaModa wrote:What happened the last time big banks started having enough money to fritter away on F1 sponsorship...?

That aside, I'm surprised that both Movistar and BBVA are potentially in-line to sponsor Renault. Firstly, Movistar have their title sponsorship of Yamaha in MotoGP - I wonder if that will be affected, especially considering Lorenzo is now off to Ducati. Second, two prominently Spanish companies sponsoring a French team (although Movistar, via Telefonica, does have history with Renault from the Alonso years). And third, how on earth does a Spanish bank, that doesn't have foreign interests on the same scale like Santander, have enough money to sponsor an F1 team?

BBVA are based in Spain and Argentina, but have more interests across the Americas according to some quick Google-fu. With Mexico and the US hosting Grands Prix in addition to in Spain, they've got a large established market that they can potentially look at expanding. Tangentially, BBVA (until recently) held the title sponsorship of La Liga, so I guess they've got the marketing clout necessary. I guess we'll find out the validity of these rumours in the coming weeks.

Also, don't forget Viñales is joining Yamaha, so Movistar's Spanish link is still there.
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
Collieafc

Post by Collieafc »

Another voice in support of Renault being a better long term bet - there was a lot of chortling and head scratching in 2013 when Hamilton moved from the then still multiple race-winning McLaren to one-win Mercedes. Now who is laughing?

If anything, I wouldnt be surprised if Sainz jumps ship to Renault - Red Bull have Riccardo and have made clear Max is their future, with both on long term deals. Sainz probably knows he will have to move aside or be stuck in the B-team or Red Bull, so why not move to a works team who will be well funded yet patient enough not to be looking for instant results? Yes he breaks contract but its either gamble on a Ferrari seat and face off with Riccardo (Who can point to proven ability), Grosjean (Haas-Ferrari connections) and Perez (Mix of Riccardo and Grosjean) and risk ending up scrambling for a lower midfield seat (Or worse, find himself out of F1) or pick a factory team where he will be given time to make his mark and possibly even be number 1 driver. And if Spanish sponsorship is true, then he will likely be the sponsors choice.

Think about it, Mercedes is locked for the next few years, McLaren will almost certainly pick Vandoorne, Ferrari will have massive competition for a number two seat, Red Bull seem to have their long term plans based on their current lineup and WIlliams and Force India may encounter performance/cashflow issues at some point. All other seats are no better than what Sainz has now and likely never will be. Plus Renault, 2014-2016 era aside, seem to always be strong when new regulations come into force (Though tail off as time progresses).

The above also applies for Bottas but I think Sainz is the better of the two - or at leash at this stage shows more promise. Perez and Hulk also theoretically apply but Perez arguably has more options while the Hulk seems to be lacking that little extra and fairly or unfairly, seems to have lost his chance at the top.
DanielPT wrote:Life usually expires after 400 meters and always before reaching 2 laps or so. In essence, Life is short.
This Could Be You

Post by This Could Be You »

tBone wrote:
Ataxia wrote:
giraurd wrote:.

By the way, could you imagine this with Movistar logos? My goodness it would look awesome!

Alternatively, considering that Movistar/Telefonica could be involved, and that Renault runs in plain yellow anyway, could it end up looking like this:

It would suit their current performance levels, admittedly
Your Signature Here

Named after HRT, now on HRT
Frentzen127

Post by Frentzen127 »

My avatar and myself condemn the implications of the above message.
DEPORTIVO CA... pfft hahaha can't say that with a straight face!
Misses Minardi dearly. :(
AdrianBelmonte_

Post by AdrianBelmonte_ »

tBone wrote:Those sponsors surely would like, or even demand, a Spanish driver, right?

Canamasas for '17! there's hope on it!

And for making it truly perfect (though almost impossible) just take Maldonado back to pair him
#FoxesFansHooligans

#HaasShouldBeSoLucky
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

This Could Be You wrote:
tBone wrote:

Alternatively, considering that Movistar/Telefonica could be involved, and that Renault runs in plain yellow anyway, could it end up looking like this:

There's Renault and Telefonica, with space for Movistar.
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
This Could Be You

dr-baker wrote:
This Could Be You wrote:
tBone wrote:

There's Renault and Telefonica, with space for Movistar.

Looking at BBVA's colours (various shades of light-ish blue) that livery might just work for 2017 without suggesting Mild Seven tobacco sponsorship. Alternatively, they could just get sponsored by Jarno Trulli somehow?
Your Signature Here

dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

This Could Be You wrote:Looking at BBVA's colours (various shades of light-ish blue) that livery might just work for 2017 without suggesting Mild Seven tobacco sponsorship. Alternatively, they could just get sponsored by Jarno Trulli somehow?

Ah, the return of Team Trulli and/or the Trulli Train!
MCard LOLA
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

dr-baker wrote:
This Could Be You wrote:Looking at BBVA's colours (various shades of light-ish blue) that livery might just work for 2017 without suggesting Mild Seven tobacco sponsorship. Alternatively, they could just get sponsored by Jarno Trulli somehow?

Ah, the return of Team Trulli and/or the Trulli Train!

Still more effective than British Rail
I don't know what i want and i want it now!
This Could Be You

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/125627

In mostly related news, Renault are looking for a 'charismatic' lead driver for 2017.

Heidfeld/Trulli lineup maybe? :mrgreen:
Your Signature Here

CoopsII

Post by CoopsII »

This Could Be You wrote:In mostly related news, Renault are looking for a 'charismatic' lead driver for 2017.

Just For One Day...
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

This Could Be You wrote:In mostly related news, Renault are looking for a 'charismatic' lead driver for 2017.
Only a true nobleman is charismatic enough.
Eurosport broadcast for the 1990 Mexican GP prequalifying:
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Nuppiz wrote:
Only a true nobleman is charismatic enough.

MCard LOLA
This Could Be You

Seeing as we are now firmly into the mid-season break, I thought I'd compile the current guesses of 2017 driver lineups into one easy-to-read list, along with what (based on sponsor/driver rumours) the teams' liveries might look, in (very) rough mockup form. So, starting at the back:
UPDATE: Fixed regarding Massa & Button
Sauber
1.Nasr?/Maldonado?/???
2. Ericsson?/Kvyat?/Briefcase full of Francs?
Livery:
If they lose Nasr with his Banco do Brasil sponsorship, it would probably herald a return to dull Sauber grey with very little visible sponsors besides Ericsson's. If he's gone for '17, they might as well just not paint the car.

Manor
1.Wehrlein?/Rossi?/Stevens?/King?
2.Ocon?/Haryanto?/Maldonado?
Livery:
Most likely very similar, but minus Haryanto's sponsors and considering their new status as essentially a Merc Junior Team, a bit more silver.

Renault
1. Hulkenberg
2. *deep breath* Palmer?/Nasr?/Ericsson?/Sirotkin?/Maldonado?/Vandoorne?/Canamasas?/Trulli?/Magnussen?/Massa?/Kvyat?//Ocon?/Perez?/Bottas?/Lavaggi?/Heidfeld?/Dumfries?
Livery:
With Movistar/BBVA rumours abound, Banana Boat Yellow could be combined with two shades of blue in a livery not entirely unlike the 2002-06 Mild Seven scheme. This could be promising.

Haas
1.Grosjean?
2.Gutierrez?/Leclerc?
Livery:
The only thing duller than Haas' rumour mill is their prospective livery. No new sponsors means a near-identical white, red and black design.

Toro Rosso
1.Sainz
2.Kvyat?/Gasly?/Camara?
Livery:
Only one sponsor change (BR Petrobras, possibly), but I would expect a move to a scheme similar to Red Bull's 2016 design, though in their colours.

Mclaren
1.Alonso
2.Vandoorne
Livery:
Again, few changes, but this design is produced in hope Ron Dennis actually decides to fill the sidepods with something. See how much better it looks, Ron?

Williams
1.Bottas?/Lynn?/Kvyat?
2.Massa?/Button?/Vandoorne?/Stroll?/Nasr?
Livery:
The same, minus Massa's sponsors if he leaves.

Force India
1.Perez
2.Kvyat?/Wehrlein?/Ocon?/Celis Jr?
Livery:
Same scheme, but worryingly empty without Perez's sponsors.

Ferrari
1.Vettel
2.Raikonnen
Livery:
A new paintjob is the least of their concerns right now.

Red Bull
1.Ricciardo
2.Verstappen
Livery:
Mostly identical, but I wouldn't be surprised if a more prominent Aston logo appears, considering the hypercar announcement.

Mercedes
1.Hamilton
2.Rosberg
Livery:
Like between 2014/15, only detail changes will probably be visible from the 2016 scheme.
Last edited by This Could Be You on 14 Oct 2016, 10:54, edited 5 times in total.
Your Signature Here

EuroBrun

Post by EuroBrun »

This Could Be You wrote:Sauber
1.Nasr?/Maldonado?/???
2. Ericsson?/Kvyat?/Briefcase full of Francs?

Louis Deletraz?
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

Nasr says Sauber aren't hugely concerned if they finish behind Manor in the WCC this year, which seems utterly bizarre given the team stand to lose a ton of TV rights money at present. I just can't imagine Longbow Finance being able to take that financial hit.

Something just doesn't add up here...
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
mario

Post by mario »

East Londoner wrote:Nasr says Sauber aren't hugely concerned if they finish behind Manor in the WCC this year, which seems utterly bizarre given the team stand to lose a ton of TV rights money at present. I just can't imagine Longbow Finance being able to take that financial hit.

Something just doesn't add up here...

I would hazard a guess that the loophole is the fact that part of the performance related component of the payments made by FOM is a function of how well the team has performed over the previous three years.

My understanding is that if a team has finished inside of the top 10 twice in the previous three years, they are still entitled to a Column 2 payment - which, having finished 10th and 8th in the last two years, is something they have achieved. They will inevitably take a bit of a hit this year, but they are slightly cushioned by their results in previous years - it will be much more of a problem if they finish outside the top 10 next year though, since they would then lose a much larger chunk of their payments from FOM.
Martin Brundle, on watching a replay of Grosjean spinning:
"The problem with Grosjean is that he want to take a look back at the corner he's just exited"
Aislabie

Post by Aislabie »

This Could Be You wrote:Lots of things...

Don't mind if I borrow those rather lovely images do you? Ta

Marcus Ericsson
Louis Deletraz

Pascal Wehrlein
Esteban Ocon

Sergio Perez
Sergey Sirotkin

Romain Grosjean
Charles Leclerc

Carlos Sainz
Pierre Gasly

Fernando Alonso
Stoffel Vandoorne

Valtteri Bottas
Jenson Button

Nico Hulkenberg
Daniil Kvyat

Sebastian Vettel
Kimi Raikkonen

Max Verstappen
Daniel Ricciardo

Lewis Hamilton
Nico Rosberg
Dj_bereta

Post by Dj_bereta »

Talking about Nasr, he had a reunion with the interim president of his home country. No details about this, but looks like he was asking for more backing. This makes sense since there are rumors about him looking for a seat in other teams, like Haas. Plus, Monisha said Sauber is trying to find a "title sponsor" for the team, which could be a hint about Banco do Brasil stopping his partnership with Sauber, despite not being a title sponsor.
Waiting for Lotus hiring Johnny Cecotto jr.
Benetton

Post by Benetton »

Mercedes
- Lewis Hamilton
- Nico Rosberg

Red Bull
- Daniel Ricciardo
- Max Verstappen

Ferrari
- Sebastian Vettel
- Kimi Räikkönen

Williams
- Valtteri Bottas
- Jenson Button

Force India
- Nico Hulkenberg
- Wehrlein / Ocon

McLaren
- Fernando Alonso
- Stoffel Vandoorne

Toro Rosso
- Carlos Sainz
- Pierre Gasly

Haas
- Romain Grosjean
- ???

Renault
- Felipe Massa
- Sergio Perez

Manor
- Wehrlein / Ocon
- ???

Sauber
- Marcus Ericsson
- ???

I think Gasly is almost a sure thing to partner Sainz at Toro Rosso. Also Renault gets a very very improved line up in Massa and Perez over KMag and Palmer. Ericsson is a lock at Sauber given the new owners. Wehrlein/Ocon will battle for the second Force India seat alongside Hulk. With Bottas deciding to continue with Williams Button partners him. Grosjean stays put at Haas. Will be interesting to see if Sirotkin finds himself on the grid.
andrew

Post by andrew »

Renualt want a spainard eh? Sergio canamasas to Renualt next year, you heard it here first.
Dj_bereta

Post by Dj_bereta »

Lynn and Vandoorne are "putting" pressure in their teams for a racing seat. Lynn ruled out another season in GP2 and only will accept a test driver position if the team guarantee a racing seat for him in the next season. Vandoorne says if McLaren doesn't give a racing seat to him for the next year, he could leave the team.
girry

Post by girry »

Reckon Sauber might be in good enough financial position to try and lure in someone who is actually competitive, instead of merely the 2 highest bidders? For example Magnussen, whom I'd believe would jump onto any opportunity in case Renault aren't keeping him..?

I'll be very surprised if Massa finds himself at Enstone. Far more likely to be someone like Ocon to partner Perez.
when you're dead people start listening
rachel1990

Post by rachel1990 »

giraurd wrote:Reckon Sauber might be in good enough financial position to try and lure in someone who is actually competitive, instead of merely the 2 highest bidders? For example Magnussen, whom I'd believe would jump onto any opportunity in case Renault aren't keeping him..?

I'll be very surprised if Massa finds himself at Enstone. Far more likely to be someone like Ocon to partner Perez.

I agree. Massa must know that his f1 career is over and to leave at the end of this season before a change of technical regulations would be the best option for him.
Benetton of 1992. Never a reject
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

Just over an hour from now...
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

East Londoner wrote:

Just over an hour from now...

Knowing how stagnant F1 can be, I'm gonna wager it's an extension...
Rob Dylan

Post by Rob Dylan »

Gonna type this up now just in case it turns out hilariously wrong:

It's a good thing if he announces his retirement, because 2014/5 were two seasons where he was much improved from the poor Ferrari years, so he had at least some redemption from that. But with his own personal form apparently lacking again this year, alongside an ailing Williams Team that - as history would suggest - may take time to recover from, this would be the perfect point to announce a retirement. He can leave, if not with his head held high, then with at least a little proven that on his day he could be great. He got mostly written off post-2009, but a retirement now would be much preferred than say at the end of 2011.
Murray Walker at the 1997 Austrian Grand Prix wrote:The other [Stewart] driver, who nobody's been paying attention to, because he's disappointing, is Jan Magnussen.
Felipe Nasr - the least forgettable F1 driver!
rachel1990

Post by rachel1990 »

Well Since Felipe has decided on the correct option (in my opinion) to retire - who gets the second Williams seat?

Will it be Button? - Part of me hopes not but Williams have for the last few years given seats to drivers many thought were past it with mixed results (Massa - Good move Barrichello not so good)

Will it be Felipe Nasr? Williams like their south Americans and he brings cash to the team and god knows he will want to move on from Sauber.

Will it be Daniil Kvyat? About to be thrown out the red bull door by his ear Williams could give him a lifeline

Or will it be someone completely different?
Benetton of 1992. Never a reject
Francis23

Post by Francis23 »

With Massa retiring I can't see many driver changes for 2017 personally:

Mercedes
Hamilton
Rosberg

Red Bull
Ricciardo
Verstappen

Ferrari
Vettel
Raikkonen

Williams
Bottas
Kvyat (chance for him to reboot his career in a car which isn't total garbage and in a team atmosphere which will allow him to develop without much pressure, and if I was Claire Williams I would sign him over Button just for the youth aspect)

Force India
Hulkenberg
Perez (Both stay put again despite speculation, I think any other move for Perez is a side/backwards step right now)

Mclaren
Alonso
Vandoorne (Sadly I can see Button throwing in the towel too, but Vandoorne deserves the seat)

STR
Sainz (Hope he isn't the next JEV)
Gasly (He's going to be signed up whatever happens)

Haas
Grosjean
Guttierez/Nasr (Guti seems certain he's staying in F1 but if the Nasr Haas rumours are true then I can see a driver swap, otherwise both stay put)

Renault
Magnussen
Ocon (All depends on whether Palmer improves and/or Ocon compares well to Wehrlein)

Sauber
Ericsson
Nasr/Gutierrez (Same reasons as above)

Manor
Wehrlein (No movement at Force India means he stays put for another year)
Rossi (Hopeful one but realistically it will be someone from the top half of GP2)
Paul Hayes

Post by Paul Hayes »

As an unashamed Button fan, I'd love to see him get that Williams seat. It would be quite nice to think his career might end where it began, in F1 terms. But I do understand why it makes more sense, objectively, for Williams to go for a younger driver.

Isn't Button regarded as being quite sponsor-friendly, though, particularly for UK companies considering investment? Might help his chances.
Dj_bereta

Post by Dj_bereta »

My bet:

Force India:
Hulkenberg
Gutierrez

Williams:
Bottas
Button

Mclaren
Alonso
Vandoorne

Toro Rosso
Sainz
Gasly

Haas
Grosjean
Magnussen

Renault
Perez
Ocon

Manor
Werhlein
King

Sauber
Nasr
Ericsson
Aislabie

Post by Aislabie »

With the retirements of Button and Massa, silly season starts to kick off.

MERCEDES - Lewis Hamilton & Nico Rosberg
RED BULL - Daniel Ricciardo & Max Verstappen
FERRARI - Kimi Raikkonen & Sebastian Vettel
FORCE INDIA - Nico Hulkenberg & ???
WILLIAMS - Valtteri Bottas & ???
MCLAREN - Fernando Alonso & Stoffel Vandoorne
TORO ROSSO - Pierre Gasly & Carlos Sainz
HAAS - Romain Grosjean & ???
RENAULT - ??? & ???
MANOR - ??? & ???
SAUBER - Marcus Ericsson & ???

DESIRABLE FREE AGENTS - Antonio Fuoco, Antonio Giovinazzi, Esteban Gutierrez, Rio Haryanto, Daniil Kvyat, Charles Leclerc, Kevin Magnussen, Felipe Nasr, Esteban Ocon, Jolyon Palmer, Sergio Perez, Sergey Sirotkin, Lance Stroll, Pascal Wehrlein

Of those drivers, I foresee the following getting 2017 drives (even though it's basicslly pot-luck and I really have no idea)

> GP3 Champion - Fuoco/Leclerc (Haas)
> Esteban Gutierrez (Force India)
> Kevin Magnussen (Renault)
> Esteban Ocon (Manor)
> Sergio Perez (Renault)
> Lance Stroll (Williams)
> Pascal Wehrlein (Manor)
Waris

Post by Waris »

Well, the silly season just got a lot more interesting over the past week.

I really hope Kvjat gets the free seat at Williams, even though it doesn't look likely. Stroll is too young and talented but unproven, although if he wins the GP3 title that won't hurt his credentials.

I also hope Ocon will get promoted to Renault so that Alex Rossi can return to the Manor race seat. You never know, fingers crossed...
MOTOR RACING IS DANGEROUS
andrew

Post by andrew »

Waris wrote:Well, the silly season just got a lot more interesting over the past week.

I really hope Kvjat gets the free seat at Williams, even though it doesn't look likely. Stroll is too young and talented but unproven, although if he wins the GP3 title that won't hurt his credentials.

I also hope Ocon will get promoted to Renault so that Alex Rossi can return to the Manor race seat. You never know, fingers crossed...

Stroll is not in gp3.