Formula 1 - We recreate reality! 1950 season

Archive for the three above subforums
tommykl

Formula 1 - We recreate reality! 1950 season

Post by tommykl »

What if we recreated reality in Formula 1? I'm talking about re-doing real-life races now, controlling past teams without the use of fictional drivers. I would take entire care of the races and running of the championships, while interested users would control teams, hiring the drivers they choose and giving out the odd soundbite.

Should I get enough support for this to ever come to life, I'd figure out the race results in a realistic-but-random manner (using dice, a points system, performance bias and mathematics) while you lot decide what happens behind the scenes. Only one rule: everyone involved must be a real person. Nothing absurd, as I will check the pasts of drivers up to that point before allowing their debut.

Quite simply, if you want to hire a driver, run it by me and I'll check and decide if he's good enough to drive. I will therefore act as the FIA, only governed by a 15-year-old.

If you wish to get involved or have any questions, just post about it.

LINKS
1. British Grand Prix
2. Monaco Grand Prix
3. Indianapolis 500
4. Swiss Grand Prix
5. Belgian Grand Prix
6. French Grand Prix
7. Italian Grand Prix
Last edited by tommykl on 26 Aug 2011, 15:49, edited 1 time in total.
kevinbotz wrote:Cantonese is a completely nonsensical f*cking alien language masquerading as some grossly bastardised form of Chinese

Gonzo wrote:Wasn't there some sort of communisim in the East part of Germany?
The Lukas

Re: Here's an idea I just had...

Post by The Lukas »

Very good idea, I'm interested
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

The Lukas wrote:Very good idea, I'm interested

Thanks! I'm starting with 1950, so performance advantages will be given out according to the championship results at the end of the season. Choose your drivers wisely! Remember, you can either take control of an actual team or create a privateer team with a real-life driver. It's up to you.
kevinbotz wrote:Cantonese is a completely nonsensical f*cking alien language masquerading as some grossly bastardised form of Chinese

DanielPT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DanielPT »

I'll take Alfa Romeo thank you :P . Should I also choose 6 drivers?
Last edited by DanielPT on 25 Aug 2011, 16:20, edited 1 time in total.
Colin Kolles on F111, 2011 HRT challenger: The car doesn't look too bad; it looks like a modern F1 car.
The Lukas

Post by The Lukas »

tommykl wrote:
The Lukas wrote:Very good idea, I'm interested

Thanks! I'm starting with 1950, so performance advantages will be given out according to the championship results at the end of the season. Choose your drivers wisely! Remember, you can either take control of an actual team or create a privateer team with a real-life driver. It's up to you.

I question whether it can be two drivers?
Claes Racing Developents
Johnny Claes
Louis Chiron
Last edited by The Lukas on 25 Aug 2011, 17:41, edited 1 time in total.
Aerospeed

Post by Aerospeed »

I'll join DanielPT's team with Juan Manuel Fangio, please :D
Mistakes in potatoes will ALWAYS happen :P
Trulli bad puns...
IN JAIL NO ONE CAN HEAR YOU SCREAM
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Sounds intriging. As the fifties were dominated by privateer teams, I think one ought to be entered at this point for Maria Teresa de Filipes. (I know she did not really debut until 1958 or so, but was born in 1926).
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

A team will be limited to a maximum of four drivers in a single race, though an unlimited amount of driver changes may take place during the season. The Lukas, would you mind telling me who the owner of your team is (it would be better if it was a real person who could realistically have entered drivers at that time)?

Also, the drivers you pick are not limited to the races they entered in real life. You may even hire drivers who never drove in Formula 1, provided that his success in other categories justifies his presence on the grid. A presence of at least 18 entrants will be necessary. Should that number not be acheived, local entrants under my control will be entered with no performance advantage whatsoever in privateer teams.

dr-baker, de Filippis had a credible age at that time, but next to no racing pedigree, so I, the governing body, wouldn't grant her the necessary license.

tommykl

Post by tommykl »

Also, Jeremy, only Daniel can choose if Fangio drives for him. Don't worry about your license, Fangio's domination of the Carreteras, the Temporadas and his admirable results in non-championship races make a shoe-in for a top drive. All you need are willing team bosses.

The Lukas

Post by The Lukas »

tommykl wrote:A team will be limited to a maximum of four drivers in a single race, though an unlimited amount of driver changes may take place during the season. The Lukas, would you mind telling me who the owner of your team is (it would be better if it was a real person who could realistically have entered drivers at that time)?

Also, the drivers you pick are not limited to the races they entered in real life. You may even hire drivers who never drove in Formula 1, provided that his success in other categories justifies his presence on the grid. A presence of at least 18 entrants will be necessary. Should that number not be acheived, local entrants under my control will be entered with no performance advantage whatsoever in privateer teams.

dr-baker, de Filippis had a credible age at that time, but next to no racing pedigree, so I, the governing body, wouldn't grant her the necessary license.

I've already Fixed my entry.
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

tommykl wrote:dr-baker, de Filippis had a credible age at that time, but next to no racing pedigree, so I, the governing body, wouldn't grant her the necessary license.

Fair enough, but at what point in history will she be able to gain this? And would Pat Moss be eligible at a similar time?
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
DanielPT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DanielPT »

Alfa Romeo signs Juan Manuel Fangio.

Alfa Romeo is delighted to announce that their first driver to help their effort in the newly created FIA Formula 1 Championship is no less than motorsport brightest star Juan Manuel Fangio. "It is important for our team and the Alfa Romeo company that we can succeed right from the start. Alfa Romeo wants only the best for their motosport branch and I believe we get that in Juan Manuel Fangio. He is the top driver at the moment, incredibly talented and mighty fast. With him we hope to build a prosperous future and raise the profile of the whole company.", Gioacchino Colombo, team boss, said. In the next week or so Alfa Romeo will announce the complete driver line-up for its 4 Alfa Romeo 158 cars.
Colin Kolles on F111, 2011 HRT challenger: The car doesn't look too bad; it looks like a modern F1 car.
The Lukas

Post by The Lukas »

New Team Entry to FIA Formula 1 Championship
Today confirmed the existence of a new racing team
who will participate in the newly created championship Formula 1
talking about Claes Developents Racing which was founded by Johnny Claes whose partner is Louis Chiron team, will use the car Maserati
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

dr-baker wrote:
tommykl wrote:dr-baker, de Filippis had a credible age at that time, but next to no racing pedigree, so I, the governing body, wouldn't grant her the necessary license.

Fair enough, but at what point in history will she be able to gain this? And would Pat Moss be eligible at a similar time?

I'd say she would be eligible from 1956 onwards after her 9th place at the Targa Florio. As for Pat Moss, she would probably have to wait until the second half of 1958. I'm taking these references as points in time where their past success would be enough to justify a place in F1.

tommykl

Post by tommykl »

I would also add that, for users lacking commitment, this is a time where one-off are very common. If you want to take a little known driver and turn him into the next big thing, I'll let him have a race or two. If he proves to be good enough, I'll grant him the necessary license for a full-time drive.

This, dr-baker, makes de Filippis eligible, but only for one-offs. Should her results be any good, I might give her more chances. As for Moss, she was too young at that point for an F1 drive.

Also, as in those days, teams must renew their entry for every race in order to enter said races. This is to keep things realistic. You will only be able to sign up season per season instead of race per race when we reach 1974 and the introduction of a fixed numbering system.

Bleu

Post by Bleu »

Information provided by some newspaper:
Motorsport Bleu enters Formula One

A French team Motorsport Bleu has entered Formula One World Championship. Based in Troyes, the team has plans to enter three drivers in each race of upcoming championship season with an exception of Indianapolis 500 where the team is not taking part.

Louis Rosier has agreed terms with the team which uses Talbot-Lago cars. The negotiations about other drivers are still ongoing, but the rumours say that Pierre Levegh will race for the team in French Grand Prix in early July.

The season is due to start on May 13 at Silverstone. Beforehand, the team is planning to drive in Pau Grand Prix held on April 10 in the street circuit at the southern France.
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

tommykl wrote:I would also add that, for users lacking commitment, this is a time where one-off are very common. If you want to take a little known driver and turn him into the next big thing, I'll let him have a race or two. If he proves to be good enough, I'll grant him the necessary license for a full-time drive.

This, dr-baker, makes de Filippis eligible, but only for one-offs. Should her results be any good, I might give her more chances. As for Moss, she was too young at that point for an F1 drive.

Also, as in those days, teams must renew their entry for every race in order to enter said races. This is to keep things realistic. You will only be able to sign up season per season instead of race per race when we reach 1974 and the introduction of a fixed numbering system.

All makes sense to me. You're keeping it realistic to the rules of the time, yet allowing an alternative to take place. Based upon this, I'll hold back her entry into the odd race until around 1955 or 1956, and introduce Pat Moss as a teammate a year or two later. Can you see where I am going with my choice of drivers for my 'independant' team? It'll be easier in the 21st century, where my knowledge of female drivers increases exponentially.
MCard LOLA
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

Ye Old Auto Reader, February 1950 wrote:Essex Xtreme Technical Race Automobile Society to contest new 'World' Championship
A Braintree-based motor racing club, the Essex Xtreme Technical Race Automobile Society, or known by the acronym EXTRAS, has announced plans to join the new 'Formula 1 World Championship' that will take place later this year. The society, which has been going since 1947, generally contesting in hillclimbs and short track races around RAF Boreham, will enter an ERA F Type car into the championship, to be driven by Peter Walker. The chairman of the society, Mr Harold Clive Berkinson, explained to us the reasoning for the decision.

"Well, chaps, our society has been up and running for four sucessful years, bringing excitment and merry to the fine people who live in this very county. However, there are only so many hills that can be climbed, and the grand Spitfires and Hurricanes that won the Battle of Britain in such style 10 glorious years ago, live at these airfields dotted around the county. To reinvigorate the society, to put this mighty country on the racing map, we have decided to enter this new-fangled World Championship. One of our finest young racers, a pillar of the society, Mr Peter Walker, has been chosen to represent us. We have searched the entire land for the finest British-built race car for him to drive. The ERA F Type is the finest. I believe this is the most exciting, daring activity the society has committed itself to since we bravely decided to drop the letter 'E' from the word 'Extreme' in the title of our society".

You have no idea how long it took for me to create the name of that society! :D

Will the Indy 500 still be part of the schedule?
Last edited by Londoner on 25 Aug 2011, 21:11, edited 1 time in total.
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

East Londoner wrote:
Ye Old Auto Reader, February 1950 wrote:Essex Xtreme Technical Race Automobile Society to contest new 'World' Championship
A Braintree-based motor racing club, the Essex Xtreme Technical Race Automobile Society, or known by the acronym EXTRAS, has announced plans to join the new 'Formula 1 World Championship' that will take place later this year. The society, which has been going since 1947, generally contesting in hillclimbs and short track races around RAF Boreham, will enter an ERA F Type car into the championship, to be driven by Peter Walker. The chairman of the society, Mr Harold Clive Berkinson, explained to us the reasoning for the decision.

"Well, chaps, our society has been up and running for four sucessful years, bringing excitment and merry to the fine people who live in this very county. However, there are only so many hills that can be climbed, and the grand Spitfires and Hurricanes that won the Battle of Britain in such style 10 glorious years ago, live at these airfields dotted around the county. To reinvigorate the society, to put this mighty country on the racing map, we have decided to enter this new-fangled World Championship. One of our finest young racers, a pillar of the society, Mr Peter Walker, has been chosen to represent us. We have searched the entire land for the finest British-built race car for him to drive. The ERA F Type is the finest. I believe this is the most exciting, daring activity the society has committed itself to since we bravely decided to drop the letter 'E' from the word 'Extreme' in the title of our society".

Will the Indy 200 still be part of the schedule?

Being an Essex resident myself (well, at least for the next week, when I shall leave to go on my Italian/French road trip and then almost straight onto university), I wish your team all the best, regardless of who your drivers are (I would love to see the team last long enough for Johnny Herbert to be a driver!).

And don't you mean the Indy 500?
MCard LOLA
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

dr-baker wrote:
East Londoner wrote:

Will the Indy 200 still be part of the schedule?

Being an Essex resident myself (well, at least for the next week, when I shall leave to go on my Italian/French road trip and then almost straight onto university), I wish your team all the best, regardless of who your drivers are (I would love to see the team last long enough for Johnny Herbert to be a driver!).

And don't you mean the Indy 500?

Severe brain fade from me there. :oops: That's what happens when you've been off school for two months, nervously waiting for your results to come back. (I was really pleased with mine this morning)
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klon »

Scuderia Maremmana to enter first Formula 1 season

The former Maserati-team Scuderia Maremmana has announced its intention to enter the Formula 1 season 1950. Apparentely, the Italian team plans on using three Ferrari-Jaguar hybrid. For the first race, both Clemente Biondetti, European Championship driver and Bill Holland, 1949 Indy 500 winner are entered. For the second race in Monaco, Roger Loyer is supposed to have a one-off drive in the third vehicle.

OT: Am I doing this right? :D
Jeroen Krautmeir

Post by Jeroen Krautmeir »

I'm a bit confused with the first post, but considering everyone is giving in fictional entries, here goes:

ALL AMERICAN RACERS TO ENTER NEW WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP
In a surprising bit of news, Robby Ginther and his son, Richie Ginther [unrelated whatsoever to some guy who will NEVER pop out in the future] have teamed up to launch a full scale assault in the new World Championship season. The two men are completely unknown on the other side of the Atlantic, and speculation has built up as to whether this is a serious effort. However, with the full support of the Goodyear Tire Company, which aims to dig into Firestone's long-standing monopolization of the racing market in America, this could indeed be America's time to shine. Richie had long been on the cards as a driver, and seemed to have had his place in the team reserved, until a fiery crash whilst testing the prototype T1G, fitted with a Harry Weslake-designed V12, rumoured to be one of the most powerful in the field. Richie, who had dominated the American motor racing scene after the war, is most upset with the accident, but aims to help the team as much as possible. His childhood friend, Dan Gurney, is also on the team, but he is too young to drive, at 19, and therefore will be another helpful mechanic, tinkering with parts, and then looking as his car speeds down the straightaways. Driving for the team, is Harry Schell, a veteran of 3 Indy 500's, and a winner in various sports car racers. He is almost certainly America's biggest talent at the moment, with a playboy personality to match. The team will enter all the races counting towards the championship, with the exception of the Indianapolis 500, which the team has declined to join due to logistical reasons. Certainly, this will be met with some eyebrows from die-hard American racing fans, but the chance to win in Europe and give them a kick in the buttocks is too good to resist. Good luck boys!
Honourary Youngest Forum Member, Joint Mackem Of The Forum

"When you’re racing, it... it’s life. Anything that happens before or after... is just waiting".
Aerospeed

Post by Aerospeed »

Aston Martin is to join the new world championship. Huzzah!

Our four drivers (if they're not already taken)
Mike Hawthorn
Jean Behra
Dan Gurney
Johnnie Parsons
Mistakes in potatoes will ALWAYS happen :P
Trulli bad puns...
IN JAIL NO ONE CAN HEAR YOU SCREAM
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

so basically i can use drivers who debuted some years later + a team that debuted some years later?

So then i will enter with ENB, run by Jacques Swaters of course, with 4 Gordini's driven by:
Paul Frère
André Pilette
Jacques Swaters
Charles De Tornaco
(please don't steal away too many belgians in the future! :oops: )
I don't know what i want and i want it now!
Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

I'll join the fray with Phoenix Racing Organisation, which is a team that makes their own chassis and engine (a 1.5 V12 supercharged). I sign two drivers, Alberto Ascari and anti-Fangio José Froilán González.
Bleu

Post by Bleu »

Motorsport Bleu announces that their second driver for upcoming season is Prince Birabongse Bhanudej Bhanubandh, driving under the name B.Bira. He will partner Louis Rosier. The team has also announced their third drivers for first two races: Bob Gerard will drive in British Grand Prix and Philippe Etancelin in Monaco GP, playing down earlier rumours.
DanielPT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DanielPT »

Alfa Romeo adds Farina and Trintignant to drivers line-up

Alfa Romeo is proud to announce that it has closed deals with famous drivers Giuseppe 'Nino' Farina and Maurice Trintignant to drive the second and the third car of the team. Alfa Romeo supports this decision with Farina speed and Trintignant nous, both of whom are expected to learn the intricacies of the car. As soon as possible, Alfa Romeo will disclose the name of the 4th and last driver.
Last edited by DanielPT on 26 Aug 2011, 11:51, edited 1 time in total.
the Masked Lapwing

Post by the Masked Lapwing »

Ferrari enters new World Championship
Scuderia Ferrari have announced that they will enter the new Formula 1 World Championship, fielding four cars for drivers Luigi Villoresi, Dorino Serafini, Peter Whitehead and Toulo de Graffenried. Team founder Enzo Ferrari said that this would be an oppurtunity too good to miss for his team.
R.I.P.
GM HOLDEN
1948-2017
Benetton

Post by Benetton »

Officine Alfieri Maserati to enter the new Formula One series
Officine Alfieri Maserati (Maserati for short) have announced that they will enter the new racing series Formula One.

Chairman of Maserati: Adolfo Orsi (Age 62)
Team principal: Ernesto Maserati (Age 52)
Chief engineer: Alberto Massimino (Age 55)
Junior engineer: Giulio Alfieri (Age 26)
Chief designer: Vittorio Bellentani (Age 44)
Drivers: Luigi Fagioli (Age 52), Reg Parnell (Age 39), Piero Taruffi (Age 44), Felice Bonetto (Age 47). All four drivers will drive all rounds (except Indianapolis) unless otherwise mentioned.
Chassis: 4CLT/48
Engine: Maserati 4CLT 1.5 L4s
Tyre: Pirelli
Rounds: All, except Indianapolis.

Other information: Maserati is happy to supply up to four cars to the use of privateer teams. Maserati will supply you with the necessary parts and support but will not supply any team personnel or drivers. Maserati is delighted to work with privateer team Claes Racing Developments to whom they will supply 2 cars, leaving 2 cars up for grabs. Maserati will retain the rights to use team orders that extend to their customers.
Last edited by Benetton on 26 Aug 2011, 14:32, edited 3 times in total.
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

Basically, you are allowed to create your own team, but you will have no performance advantages for your cars. Your drivers, provided they took part in the actual 1950 season, still get their own advantage.

I will only run championship races, excluding the Indy 500, as that would require several thousand rolls of the dice. And I just don't have the time for that. Instead, I will simply post the exact same results as the real life race.

Now, for driver licenses.
FIA Report on the Validation of Race Licenses, March 24th 1950

In this report, the FIA shall confirm which of the recent applicants for Formula 1 licenses for the 1950 season will obtain the licenses, also providing reasons to justify its decision.

1. Louis Rosier GRANTED
The FIA has decided to grant Louis Rosier the necessary license on the basis that:
-Mr. Rosier has already won several Formula 1 races prior to his application, such as the 1947 GP de l'Albigeois, the 1948 GP du Salon and the 1949 Belgian Grand Prix.
-Mr. Rosier has shown his aptitude at single-seaters with encouraging results at the winter Temporada Formula Libre series in South America.

2. Pierre Bouillin GRANTED
The FIA has decided to grant Pierre Bouillin the necessary license under the name of Pierre Levegh on the basis that:
-Mr. Bouillin has scored numerous podiums in Formula 1 in the last five racing seasons.
-Has proven to be a capable driver in othe racing categories.

3. Peter Walker GRANTED, WITH CONDITIONS
The FIA has decided to grant Peter Walker the necessary license for one-off appearances on the basis that:
-Mr. Walker has previously scored numerous top five race finishes in local races, including a second position in last season's Goodwood Trophy.
-Mr. Walker's knowledge of tracks only concerning British circuits, the FIA will only grant Mr. Walker the license necessary for the British Grand Prix at Silverstone on May 13th. Provided that his performance is deemed good enough, he will be granted the necessary license for a full year of Formula 1.

4. Clemente Biondetti GRANTED
The FIA has decided to grant Clemente Biondetti the necessary license on the basis that:
-Mr. Biondetti has had a successful Grand Prix career before the Second World War.
-Mr. Biondetti has won the Coppa Acerbo, two Targa Florios and four Mille Miglias, including the Targa and the Mille Miglia these past two seasons.

5. Bill Holland GRANTED, WITH CONDITIONS
The FIA has decided to grant Bill Holland the necessary license for a two-race trial on the basis that:
-Mr. Holland has won the Indianapolis 500-mile race last season, finishing in second place the two previous editions as well as finishing the 1947 AAA National Championship in second position with two race wins.
-Mr. Holland has never raced in Europe and therefore has no knowledge of the circuits. His success in his home country justify a two-race trial in Great Britain and Monaco. Should his results in those races be satisfactory, he will be granted a full-time license for Formula 1.

6. Roger Loyer GRANTED FOR ONE RACE
The FIA has decided to grant Roger Loyer the necessary license for the Monaco Grand Prix on the basis that:
-Mr. Loyer was a very successful motorcycle racer, winning two French Grands Prix, and has entered multiple Formula 1 races with good results, including two fourth places.
-Mr. Loyer's best results in Formula 1 coming in minor races and his experience being relatively small, he is granted the requested license for a one-off, but still lacks the necessary success for a full-time license.

7. Harry Schell GRANTED, WITH CONDITIONS
The FIA has decided to grant Harry Schell the necessary license for a two-race trial on the basis that:
-Mr. Schell has only recently started auto racing, and has shown promise in Formula 3 and Formula 2, as well as entering numerous Formula 1 races.
-Mr. Schell has only taken a single podium in Formula 1 prior to the championship, and a two-race trial will be given to him to prove that he is capable of sustaining a sufficient level of performance.

8. Johnny Claes GRANTED
The FIA has decided to grant Johnny Claes the necessary license on the basis that:
-Mr. Claes only began racing in 1948, but has already shown good results in his previous Formula 1 races, with two podiums and many more top ten finishes.
-Mr. Claes is also therefore familiar with the circuits making up the World Championship calendar.

9. Louis Chiron GRANTED
The FIA has decided to grant Louis Chiron the necessary license on the basis that:
-Mr. Chiron has had a very successful Grand Prix career, with over 15 race victories including four French Grands Prix.
-Mr. Chiron's recent results indicate that he is currently fully capable of driving a Formula 1 car competitively.

10. Mike Hawthorn DENIED
The FIA has decided not to grant Mike Hawthorn the necessary license on the basis that:
-Mr. Hawthorn has not yet competed in any officially recognized motor race, and therefore lacks the necessary experience for a Formula 1 drive.

11. Jean Behra DENIED
The FIA has decided not to grant Jean Behra the necessary license on the basis that:
-Mr. Behra does not have the required experience in car racing to obtain his license.
-Mr. Behra's 2 French motorcycling titles entitle him to a license for lower-level single-seaters, but needs to demonstrate driving ability on four wheels in order to obtain at least an authorization for one-off entries.

12. Dan Gurney DENIED
The FIA has decided not to grant Dan Gurney the necessary license on the basis that:
-Mr. Gurney has not yet competed in any officially recognized high-level motor race, and therefore lacks the necessary experience for a Formula 1 drive.

13. Johnnie Parsons GRANTED, WITH CONDITIONS
The FIA has decided to grant Johnnie Parsons the necessary license for a two-race trial on the basis that:
-Mr. Parsons meets the required race results to qualify for a Formula 1 license, the most recent of his acheivements being his 1949 AAA National Championship title.
-Mr. Parsons, however, has never raced in Europe and therefore is not familiar with the tracks of the Formula 1 World Championship. A two-race trial will be allowed for him to get used to the tracks. If his results are deemed good enough, he will be granted a full-time license.

14. Paul Frère GRANTED, WITH CONDITIONS
The FIA has decided to grant Paul Frère the necessary license for one-off entries on the basis that:
-Mr. Frère has already competed in high-level motorsport, finishing 4th in the 1948 and 1949 24 hours of Spa-Francorchamps.
-Mr. Frère has never driven a single-seater race car and therefore lacks the experience for a full-time license, but his previous results justify a single one-off entry, for a race of his choice.

15. André Pilette GRANTED, WITH CONDITIONS
The FIA has decided to grant André Pilette the necessary license for one-off entries on the basis that:
-Mr. Pilette has shown promise in minor races in Belgium, winning very often, and has shown a good capacity to adapt quickly to a new car.
-Mr. Pilette has never driven a Formula 1 car, and it isn't known wether he will be able to adapt quickly to the great change. However, his skills in that area justify a license for two one-off races. After these races, he may re-apply for a full-time license.

16. Jacques Swaters GRANTED, WITH CONDITIONS
The FIA has decided to grant Jacques Swaters the necessary license for one-off entries on the basis that:
-Mr. Swaters has already competed in high-level motorsport, finishing 4th in the 1948 24 hours of Spa-Francorchamps.
-Mr. Swaters has never driven a single-seater race car and therefore lacks the experience for a full-time license, but his previous results justify a single one-off entry, for a race of his choice.

17. Charles de Tornaco DENIED
The FIA has decided not to grant Charles de Tornaco the necessary license on the basis that:
-Mr. de Tornaco has not yet competed in any officially recognized high-level motor race, and therefore lacks the necessary experience for a Formula 1 drive.

18. Alberto Ascari GRANTED
The FIA has decided to grant Alberto Ascari the necessary license on the basis that:
-Mr. Ascari has previously taken part in Formula 1 races full time.
-Mr. Ascari has proven to have more than sufficient ability to drive a Formula 1 car in a World Championship event.

19. José Froilán González GRANTED
The FIA has decided to grant José Froilán González the necessary license on the basis that:
-Mr. Gonzalez has already previously driven in single-seaters, with success in his home country of Argentina.
-Mr. Gonzalez' quick transition from Formula Libre to Formula 2 indicates a good ability to adapt quickly to new cars. His sole race in Formula 2 showed that he is capable of driving a Formula 1 car.

20. Birabongse Bhanudej Bhanubandh GRANTED
The FIA has decided to grant Birabongse Bhanudej Bhanubandh the necessary license under the name of B. Bira on the basis that:
-Mr. Bhanubandh has previously and successfully competed in Grand Prix and Formula 1 racing, winning several races.
-Mr. Bhanubandh's multiple top 3 finishes in Formula 1 races fully justify a full-time license.

21. Bob Gerard GRANTED
The FIA has decided to grant Bob Gerard the necessary license on the basis that:
-Mr. Gerard has managed to nullify handicaps towards his racing ability (eyesight problems).
-Mr. Gerard is a top class local driver, winning numerous races in Great Britain and performing wellin international races such as the British Grand Prix.

22. Philippe Etancelin GRANTED
The FIA has decided to grant Philippe Etancelin the necessary license on the basis that:
-Mr. Etancelin has had a very successful career before the war, winning over 10 Grand Prix races.
-Mr. Etancelin has recently demonstrated sufficient skill in Formula 1 to justify his full-time license.

23. Giuseppe Farina GRANTED
The FIA has decided to grant Giuseppe Farina the necessary license on the basis that:
-Mr. Farina is a top class driver in his country, winning his national championship in 1937, 1938 and 1939.
-Mr. Farina has recently demonstrated his driving ability in Formula 1 with multiple victories in the last four racing seasons, justifying a full-time license.

24. Maurice Trintignant GRANTED
The FIA has decided to grant Maurice Trintignant the necessary license on the basis that:
-Mr. Trintignant has multiple Grand Prix victories before the war.
-Mr. Trintignant has already scored numerous top 5's in Formula 1 prior to the World Championship.

25. Luigi Villoresi GRANTED
The FIA has decided to grant Luigi Villoresi the necessary license on the basis that:
-Mr. Villoresi is a national racing champion, winning the Italian Drivers' Championship in 1935.
-Mr. Villoresi has demonstrated good driving ability on an international level, winning Grand Prix races before and after the war.

26. Dorino Serafini GRANTED, WITH CONDITIONS
The FIA has decided to grant Dorino Serafini the necessary license on the basis that:
-Mr. Serafini has experienced success in international motorsport, winning the 1939 European 500cc motorcycle championship.
-Mr. Serafini has driven in single-seaters at an international level in Formula Libre, Formula 2 and Formula 1, but has not experienced success in any of them.
Mr. Serafini's experience justifies a conditional license for the World Championship. Should he score two top 5 finishes in his first four races, or should he perform well enough in other races, his license will become permanent.

27. Peter Whitehead GRANTED
The FIA has decided to grant Peter Whitehead the necessary license on the basis that:
-Mr. Whitehead has sufficient experience in Formula Libre and Formula 1 to cope with a full season of racing.
-Mr. Whitehead has proven to have the necessary ability to compete regularly in the World Championship, including victories at the 1938 Australian GP and the 1949 Czechoslovakian GP.

28. Toulo de Graffenried GRANTED
The FIA has decided to grant Toulo de Graffenried the necessary license on the basis that:
-Mr. de Graffenried has experience in Formula Libre, Formula 1 and the pre-war European Championship, experiencing success in all of them.
-Mr. de Graffenried has already won three Formula 1 races: the 1948 and 1949 Eastern Switzerland GPs and the 1949 British GP.

29. Luigi Fagioli GRANTED
The FIA has decided to grant Luigi Fagioli the necessary license on the basis that:
-Mr. Fagioli had a very successful pre-war career, winning more than ten Grands Prix including two Coppa Acerbos.
-Mr. Fagioli has recent, but scarce, Formula 1 experience, starting four non-championship races, in which he has shown flashes of speed.

30. Reg Parnell GRANTED
The FIA has decided to grant Reg Parnell the necessary license on the basis that:
-Mr. Parnell had a successful and versatile career before the war, experiencing success at different levels.
-Mr. Parnell has perpetuated this ability in Formula 1 since the end of the war, winning numerous races.

31. Piero Taruffi GRANTED
The FIA has decided to grant Piero Taruffi the necessary license on the basis that:
-Mr. Taruffi has already experienced competitve professional racing in the pre-war European Championship nad the European motorcycle championship, having also experienced success in both forms of racing.
-Mr. Taruffi has recent Formula 2 and Formula 1 experience, with satisfactory results in both series.

32. Felice Bonetto GRANTED
The FIA has decided to grant Felice Bonetto the necessary license on the basis that:
-Mr. Bonetto has recent experience in both Formula 1 and Formula 2, with moderately good results.
-Mr. Bonetto has shown steady improvement throughout his career, and should be competitive in the World Championship.

Finally, would you mind providing the names of the team owners, preferably real-life people. Remember that you must renew your entries for every race, while licenses are valid for the whole year, unless stated that they can be modified throughout the season.

DanielPT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DanielPT »

Alfa Romeo appoints Mauri Rose as fourth driver.

Alfa Romeo is extremely satisfied after having finally closed its driver line-up with Mauri Rose. Mr Rose is a three times Indy 500 winner, extremely experienced and the proven racer at the highest level, who complements Alfa's very strong line-up. Alfa Romeo is confident Mr Rose will bring much success and help to develop Alfa's market in the US bringing the brand where it belongs, the top of the industry.
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

In light of the announcement of Alfa Romeo signing Mauri Rose as fourth driver, the FIA has now announced that Rose's license will not be provisional like those issued to other American aces Johnnie Parsons and Bill Holland. The FIA have stated that Rose's three Indy 500 wins and his AAA National title in addition to his smooth driving style were enough to justify a full-time license. However, Roses's unfamiliarity with the circuits he will race on will mean that his license's status can be modified in case of failure to adapt to the regulations.

Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klon »

Team boss of Scuderia Maremmana: Jacques de Rham

Off-topic: seriously, finding information about this team is hard. If anyone knows better, please correct my choice of team boss. Oh, while I am at it, I might as well complete my season schedule.

Two further drives confirmed

Aside from the one-off appearance of Roger Loyer, the Scuderia Maremmana has made its intention clear to have two further drivers for the third car. In the Belgian Grand Prix, German racer Manfred von Brauchitsch who has just returned from Argentina will drive the third Ferrari-Jaguar hybrid. Another successful driver will be used at the Italian Grand Prix: Bruno Sterzi, the winner of the 1949 1000 km of Monza.
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

Since virtually all the ERAs that were used by drivers in 1950 were owned by privateers, the chairman of my society, Harold Clive Berkinson will become the de facto team manager for this year. It is really tricky to keep it realistic, but I'll try.
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

In light of Manfred von Brauchitsch and Bruno Sterzi being announced as one-off entrants, the FIA have now confirmed that both drivers have had their licenses approved. Von Brauchitsch, who had a brilliant career in the pre-war AIACR European Championship, where he was twice runner-up, hasn't raced since 1939, but his qualities as a racing driver are unquestionable. However, his lack of experience in modern single-seaters is a drawback for him, and the FIA have decided to give him his license, but only for his one-off in Belgium.

Sterzi is an unknown Italian who burst onto the scene last year by winning the 1000km of Monza. However, his lack of experience in any sort of single-seaters have prevented him from getting more than his one-off drive in Italy.

Both these drivers will be competing for Scuderia Maremmana, who have also confirmed experienced Italian Clemente Biondetti and Indy 500 winner Bill Holland as regular drivers, with motorcycle racer Roger Loyer stepping in a third car for the Monaco Grand Prix. The first race of the season will be the British Grand Prix, held on May 13th at Silverstone.

Speaking of the British Grand Prix, I think it's time I opened the entry list. A minimum of 20 drivers are needed, with a maximum of 40 entries.
1. Luigi Fagioli (Entrant - Officine Alfieri Maserati)
2. Reg Parnell (Entrant - Officine Alfieri Maserati)
3. Piero Taruffi (Entrant - Officine Alfieri Maserati)
4. Felice Bonetto (Entrant - Officine Alfieri Maserati)
5. Juan Manuel Fangio (Entrant - Alfa Romeo SpA)
6. Giuseppe Farina (Entrant - Alfa Romeo SpA)
7. Maurice Trintignant (Entrant - Alfa Romeo SpA)
8. Mauri Rose (Entrant - Alfa Romeo SpA)
9. Clemente Biondetti (Entrant - Scuderia Maremmana)
10. Bill Holland (Entrant - Scuderia Maremmana)
11. Johnny Claes (Entrant - Claes Racing Developments)
12. Louis Chiron (Entrant - Claes Racing Developments)
13. Tony Bettenhausen (Entrant - Alexander Racing Team)
14. Peter Walker (Entrant - EXTRAS)
15. Louis Rosier (Entrant - Motorsport Bleu)
16. B. Bira (Entrant - Motorsport Bleu)
17. Bob Gerard (Entrant - Motorsport Bleu)
18. Harry Schell (Entrant - All American Racers)
19. Luigi Villoresi (Entrant - Scuderia Ferrari)
20. Dorino Serafini (Entrant - Scuderia Ferrari)
21. Peter Whitehead (Entrant - Scuderia Ferrari)
22. Toulo de Graffenried (Entrant - Scuderia Ferrari)
23. Alberto Ascari (Entrant - Phoenix Racing Organisation)
24. José Froilán González (Entrant - Phoenix Racing Organisation)
25. Arthur Legat (Entrant - Ecurie Nationale Belge)
26. André Pilette (Entrant - Ecurie Nationale Belge)
27. Tazio Nuvolari (Entrant - Lancia)
28. Johnnie Parsons (Entrant - Aston Martin)
29. Dennis Poore (Entrant - Privateer)
Last edited by tommykl on 28 Aug 2011, 14:37, edited 7 times in total.

Benetton

Post by Benetton »

tommykl wrote:Speaking of the British Grand Prix, I think it's time I opened the entry list. A minimum of 20 drivers are needed, with a maximum of 40 entries.
1. Luigi Fagioli (Entrant - Officine Alfieri Maserati)
2. Reg Parnell (Entrant - Officine Alfieri Maserati)
3. Piero Taruffi (Entrant - Officine Alfieri Maserati)
4. Felice Bonetto (Entrant - Officine Alfieri Maserati)
Last edited by Benetton on 26 Aug 2011, 19:28, edited 1 time in total.
DanielPT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DanielPT »

Alfa Romeo will obviously enter with:
5. Juan Manuel Fangio
6. Giuseppe Farina
7. Maurice Trintignant
8. Mauri Rose
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klon »

tommykl wrote:9. Clemente Biondetti
10. Bill Holland
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

Finally, I decided that, with the increasing amount of private teams, car performance advantages will be given out according to the constructor and not the entrant. Here's how the advantages will work.

The dice rolling process is quite complicated, so I'll leave it at that. After 10 rolls for each driver, the maximum difference between the best driver and the worst will be 50 points, which equates to 10 percent of the pole time, with the lowest score being the best. Performance advantages will therefore be points deductions made to those totals. For the race, the advantages will be tripled. Qualifying position will be worth points penalties for the start.

Here's how the advantages work.

Drivers: 16-12-8-4-0 for every fifth of the drivers' table. The top fifth gets a 16-point advantage, the second fifth gets 12 points...

Constructors: 20-15-10-5-0 for every fifth of the constructors' table. The top fifth gets a 20-point advantage, the second fifth gets 15 points...

For the first ever race, advantages will be given according to the real-life championship table at the end of the year. From then on, it will be according to the provisional championship table.

The Lukas

Re: Formula 1 - We recreate reality! 1950 season

Post by The Lukas »

Claes Racing Developents
11.Johnny Claes
12.Louis Chiron