An open letter to all at F1Rejects.com

The place for speaking your mind on current goings-on in F1
eytl
F1 Rejects Founder

Re: An open letter to all at F1Rejects.com

Post by eytl »

If I may say so, although the discussion in this thread has been quite fruitful I'm not sure there's anything to be gained by going back over anyone's specific posts or signatures and calling out the ones which you think might have overstepped the mark.

I'd like to believe that anyone who has been following this thread will have got the message!

Play on! :)

(I don't mean to sound like I'm talking to one of my children. If I do, forgive me. Have had a long day herding them around today. Sometimes by comparison I think Christian Horner's got it easy ...)
RonDenisDeletraz

Post by RonDenisDeletraz »

CoopsII wrote:
eurobrun wrote:In my opinion the latest edition to Cynon's sig is unnecessarily inflammatory and an example of what I complained about earlier. Just my two cents.

Thats a joke, right? The current one that states he's an unashamed Vettel fan with a poke at Webber?

The umad Wibbah bit was the bit I object to, its just inflammatory for no good reason
aerond wrote:Yes RDD, but we always knew you never had any sort of taste either :P

tommykl wrote:I have a shite car and meme sponsors, but Corrado Fabi will carry me to the promised land with the power of Lionel Richie.
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

eurobrun wrote:
CoopsII wrote:
eurobrun wrote:In my opinion the latest edition to Cynon's sig is unnecessarily inflammatory and an example of what I complained about earlier. Just my two cents.

Thats a joke, right? The current one that states he's an unashamed Vettel fan with a poke at Webber?

The umad Wibbah bit was the bit I object to, its just inflammatory for no good reason

If you find that inflammatory, then you must not have very thick skin. I like Webber too, but I have no problem with that.
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

Isn't the real problem that people got offended too fast, rather than that people are becoming too offensive?
I don't know what i want and i want it now!
kevinbotz

Post by kevinbotz »

This wrote:Isn't the real problem that people got offended too fast, rather than that people are becoming too offensive?

I think both statements are true to a certain extent. There have been occasions where certain forum members issue disproportionate condemnations over otherwise inconsequential concerns, and there have been occasions where certain forum members deliberately direct rancorous invective towards drivers and other forum members for the sole purpose of incitement and inflammation. Some examples of the sanctimonious behavior enervated me at first, and compelled me to write some strongly-worded posts that I now regret in retrospect, but I've learned (to an extent) to temper my opinions and my responses over time.
Klon, on Alt-F1 wrote: I like to think it's more poker than gambling, though.
apple2009

Post by apple2009 »

I agree with most of the posts in this thread.
Eifelland

Post by Eifelland »

This thread started out pretty well - people turned around, had a look at themselves and went 'oh, I probably need to chill'. We have. The problem is now that people are getting really really introspective and the blame game is starting to come around again.

Enoch is right - there isn't much point to be served in identifying every single little thing that may or may not be offensive. There will always be banter, as there is in every sport (where testosterone is the driving force). Maybe this thread has run its course, and we should just leave it now? Everyone has got the point I think - that we shouldn't argue over trivial stuff, to the detriment of the spirit around here, but now we seem to be arguing about how bad it is (vs how badder it is).
Jocke1 is my spirit animal

Forza Minardi. Forza Bianchi. Forza Rejects.
kevinbotz

Post by kevinbotz »

Eifelland wrote:This thread started out pretty well - people turned around, had a look at themselves and went 'oh, I probably need to chill'. We have. The problem is now that people are getting really really introspective and the blame game is starting to come around again.

Enoch is right - there isn't much point to be served in identifying every single little thing that may or may not be offensive. There will always be banter, as there is in every sport (where testosterone is the driving force). Maybe this thread has run its course, and we should just leave it now? Everyone has got the point I think - that we shouldn't argue over trivial stuff, to the detriment of the spirit around here, but now we seem to be arguing about how bad it is (vs how badder it is).

Let's conclude this discussion on a note of positivity, then.

Allow me to say that this forum, regardless of all of its faults, conflicts and imperfections, is, by a considerable margin, the most tolerant, receptive and fulfilling place I've ever frequented on the internet. That this discussion even exists, and that members are openly offering ideas on rectifying the issue while also acknowledging their own past errors, is absolutely extraordinary to me. The only other active forum experience I've had previously was on a Counter-Strike Source gaming forum, where issues far more intractable than the ones we face were permitted to escalate to unmanageable dimensions, and were generally "resolved" through a mass exchange of profanity and petty insults between the conflicting parties. Perhaps I'm overstating the merits of this forum, but I genuinely think that the fundamental ethos we have here is exceptional.
Klon, on Alt-F1 wrote: I like to think it's more poker than gambling, though.
CoopsII

Post by CoopsII »

Yup, lets lock the thread before it becomes a self-defeating mess of accusations, recriminations and ill-feeling. Anybody agree?
Just For One Day...
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

CoopsII wrote:Yup, lets lock the thread before it becomes a self-defeating mess of accusations, recriminations and ill-feeling. Anybody agree?

Yeah, okay. I never intended to make everybody so uptight about such things, it was meant to be a suggestion to think before you post, and not to just spew rubbish with the sole purpose to antagonise.
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
Alextrax52

Post by Alextrax52 »

Yeah I'm all up for locking the thread. I think everyone has learned from what Ataxia had to say.
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by pasta_maldonado »

Maybe the thread can be locked and stickied, so the purpose of the letter doesn't get forgotten?
Klon wrote:more liek Nick Ass-idy amirite?