Alt-1954 - Season Review up!

In honour of our fallen comrade. Archive of all previous canon series across all disciplines.
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: F1WRCR 1954 season - Pre-season: Non-championship entrie

Post by Nessafox »

pi314159 wrote:
This wrote:ENB does not want to risk damaging their main cars, so they are only entering their Maserati, in the Pau GP, with Roger Laurent driving it.

We'd perhaps be interested in leasing a top car (preferably a works car) for the Syracuse GP, which would be driven by top driver Swaters.

You could have OSCA 53 chassis 2 + OSCA 3000V8 engine 5 for just 4 000. It's not exactly a top car, but capable of a few good results last year.

Is that purchase or rent? Anyway, this seems reasonably affordable, so it's a deal.

Tommy, is there any prince money/entry fee for the non-championship races? I assume this will both be lower than regular races. (the transport costs are still the same i assume)
I don't know what i want and i want it now!
pi314159

Post by pi314159 »

This wrote:
pi314159 wrote:
This wrote:ENB does not want to risk damaging their main cars, so they are only entering their Maserati, in the Pau GP, with Roger Laurent driving it.

We'd perhaps be interested in leasing a top car (preferably a works car) for the Syracuse GP, which would be driven by top driver Swaters.

You could have OSCA 53 chassis 2 + OSCA 3000V8 engine 5 for just 4 000. It's not exactly a top car, but capable of a few good results last year.

Is that purchase or rent? Anyway, this seems reasonably affordable, so it's a deal.

Tommy, is there any prince money/entry fee for the non-championship races? I assume this will both be lower than regular races. (the transport costs are still the same i assume)

It's for rent. But if you decide after the race that you want to keep it, you can buy it for just another 6 000.

About your second question:

tommykl wrote:-Transport costs and entry fees do not apply, but repair costs will, and a small amount of prize money will be distributed.

Speaking of repair costs, as OSCA don't have much use for the car anyway, you don't have to pay for it if the car gets damaged.
pasta_maldonado wrote:The stewards have recommended that Alan Jones learns to drive.
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

pycku wrote:If Claes is no more available for Leader, we would like to hire Consalvo Sanesi.

As for Balkan Eagle, we will keep Fischer and Gordini and we would like to take Robert Manzon.

I hope this lineup makes it to the points.

Also Leader and one of the Balkan Eagels (Sanesi's) will go to Pau, while the rest Eagles are to fly to Syracuse.

Sanesi and Manzon are probably going to be re-entered by Gordini, to I suggest you discuss the situation with peteroli first ;)

Fischer and Gordini are fine, though, as long as peteroli agrees with letting you enter Gordini a couple of times.
kevinbotz wrote:Cantonese is a completely nonsensical f*cking alien language masquerading as some grossly bastardised form of Chinese

Gonzo wrote:Wasn't there some sort of communisim in the East part of Germany?
andrew

Post by andrew »

Who is willing to sell Assanti milanti a chassis and engine
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by pasta_maldonado »

andrew wrote:Who is willing to sell Assanti milanti a chassis and engine

Bentley are willing to sell Assanti Milanti a brand new Speed 4 chassis for £33 000, with state of the art Bentley 16VL-1 engine for £25,000. This is a winning combination that is sure to propel Assanti Milanti to new heights.

If that offer is not to your liking, we can offer you something else.
Klon wrote:more liek Nick Ass-idy amirite?
andrew

Post by andrew »

pasta_maldonado wrote:

Bentley are willing to sell Assanti Milanti a brand new Speed 4 chassis for £33 000, with state of the art Bentley 16VL-1 engine for £25,000. This is a winning combination that is sure to propel Assanti Milanti to new heights.

We will wait for other offers at this time, at the moment however we are looking for an affordable preferably italian car.
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

andrew wrote:
pasta_maldonado wrote:

We will wait for other offers at this time, at the moment however we are looking for an affordable preferably italian car.

You do know that you already have a car, right? :P
kevinbotz wrote:Cantonese is a completely nonsensical f*cking alien language masquerading as some grossly bastardised form of Chinese

andrew

Post by andrew »

No I didn't, interstingly why is it not listed on the finances on the first page
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

andrew wrote:No I didn't, interstingly why is it not listed on the finances on the first page

It is.
Assasti Millanti - £31 894
Base: Milan, Italy
Cashflow

Possessions
Leader LF153 chassis 3
Jaguar JFE-2 engine 11
Eurosport broadcast for the 1990 Mexican GP prequalifying:
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
andrew

Post by andrew »

Nuppiz wrote:
andrew wrote:No I didn't, interstingly why is it not listed on the finances on the first page

It is.
Assasti Millanti - £31 894
Base: Milan, Italy
Cashflow

Possessions
Leader LF153 chassis 3
Jaguar JFE-2 engine 11

Ahhh reading next time will be helpful, 100% my fault, i apologise for my stupidly

If we can afford it, I will enter all races barring u.s.a and the dutch gp
Peteroli34

Post by Peteroli34 »

tommykl wrote:
pycku wrote:If Claes is no more available for Leader, we would like to hire Consalvo Sanesi.

As for Balkan Eagle, we will keep Fischer and Gordini and we would like to take Robert Manzon.

I hope this lineup makes it to the points.

Also Leader and one of the Balkan Eagels (Sanesi's) will go to Pau, while the rest Eagles are to fly to Syracuse.

Sanesi and Manzon are probably going to be re-entered by Gordini, to I suggest you discuss the situation with peteroli first ;)

Fischer and Gordini are fine, though, as long as peteroli agrees with letting you enter Gordini a couple of times.

Indeed Sanesi and Manzon will remain driving for Gordini in 1954, With regards to Aldo Gordini Balkan Eagle may enter him for 1954 for the full season, However should one of Gordini's drivers be forced to miss races Gordini reserves the right to call him up as a replacement

For the Championship the drivers will be as such

Robert Manzon - Chassis and engine number 1 - All GP
Consalvo Sanesi - Chassis and engine number 2- All GP
Peter Collins - Chassis and engine number 3- All GP
Fred Wacker - Chassis and engine number 4 - US only
Hermano da Silva Ramos - Chassis and engine 4 all GP except and US

for the non championship races Gordini will enter Manzon and Collins into Pau while Sanesi and Ramos will head to Syracuse. ARE will not take part in the non championship races.
pycku

Post by pycku »

Okay, then is Louis Chiron available? If yes, I'll put him in the Leader.

As for Balkan Eagle, Stan Jones will take the third seat.
To finish first, first you have to finish!
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

After about five seconds of deliberation, it has been decided that Tony Bettenhausen will take his championship-winning car to Syracuse alongside Fangio, while Bira will have the opportunity to get his eye in at Pau.
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
Samster

Post by Samster »

For Ambrosiana, Giovanni Bracco will run A003 chassis 1 and engine 5 while Porfirio Rubirosa will run A003 chassis 2 and engine 6.

If possible we would like our usual third entry at the Italian GP with A002 chassis 3 and engine 4.
takagi_for_the_win

Post by takagi_for_the_win »

Mieres will run at Pau and Marimon will run at Sycaruse in their respective chassis'.
TORA! TORA! TORA!
Shadaza

Post by Shadaza »

I do apologise for absence and if someone could fill me in on anything important on pages 2-3 on this thread that would be cool.

What are the rules regarding chassis construction again? I can't find the information regarding this.

RIght now for the team information:
As said previously Team Ultimate has fled East Germany, they have decided to re-base in Strasbourg, France. It was decided leaving Germany altogether was the best option so we have settled on the border city.

To celebrate the union, the following will be the two Ultimate drivers:
1.Edgar Barth (East German pending West German citizenship)
2.Jean Behra (France) (I apologise if he is taken, I did not see him on any of the race entry lists.)

I can also officially confirm the partnership with Ferrari is at a close. Scuderia Ferrari have been fantastic partners over the past few seasons and we have enjoyed race winning success with them. However the company have decided the time has come to focus on our own manufacture side of the business, so Ferrari America is officially defunct.

As for cars on sale, at no point did Ferrari mention any return claus so I am assuming the cars are have are mine to own/sell.

In which case I offer a business proposition to all engine manufacturers.
The two Ferrari 550 chassis, now fairly long in tooth, are to be lightly modified and rebaged as U-Discovery1 and U-Discovery2.
With the coming non-championship races to come, now is the perfect time to advertise your engines. I am willing to allow the Discovery chassis to be used as testing beds for the engines and should this prove successful I may even purchase an engine contract from you!

Though, as it stands, Team Ultimate will be looking to continue their partnership with OSCA.
We also have a Ferrari 555 for sale, price negotiable.
Message me on Discord.
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

Shadaza wrote:I do apologise for absence and if someone could fill me in on anything important on pages 2-3 on this thread that would be cool.

What are the rules regarding chassis construction again? I can't find the information regarding this.

RIght now for the team information:
As said previously Team Ultimate has fled East Germany, they have decided to re-base in Strasbourg, France. It was decided leaving Germany altogether was the best option so we have settled on the border city.

To celebrate the union, the following will be the two Ultimate drivers:
1.Edgar Barth (East German pending West German citizenship)
2.Jean Behra (France) (I apologise if he is taken, I did not see him on any of the race entry lists.)

I can also officially confirm the partnership with Ferrari is at a close. Scuderia Ferrari have been fantastic partners over the past few seasons and we have enjoyed race winning success with them. However the company have decided the time has come to focus on our own manufacture side of the business, so Ferrari America is officially defunct.

As for cars on sale, at no point did Ferrari mention any return claus so I am assuming the cars are have are mine to own/sell.

In which case I offer a business proposition to all engine manufacturers.
The two Ferrari 550 chassis, now fairly long in tooth, are to be lightly modified and rebaged as U-Discovery1 and U-Discovery2.
With the coming non-championship races to come, now is the perfect time to advertise your engines. I am willing to allow the Discovery chassis to be used as testing beds for the engines and should this prove successful I may even purchase an engine contract from you!

Though, as it stands, Team Ultimate will be looking to continue their partnership with OSCA.
We also have a Ferrari 555 for sale, price negotiable.

http://f1rejects.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=6253#p250136 for chassis and engine costs. ;)

pi314159

Post by pi314159 »

OSCA would like to continue supplying Ultimate with engines, which are available to them for 15 000. Being a small manufacturer, we can't guarantee that we can cover repair costs, but if we can, we will cover half of eventual repair costs.

To all other potential customers, the engines are available for 17 500.
pasta_maldonado wrote:The stewards have recommended that Alan Jones learns to drive.
the Masked Lapwing

Post by the Masked Lapwing »

Shadaza wrote:The two Ferrari 550 chassis, now fairly long in tooth, are to be lightly modified and rebaged as U-Discovery1 and U-Discovery2.

Enzo Ferrari wrote:Ha ha. No.

Ferrari did not give Ultimate the cars so that they could modify them and call them their own. Ultimate will stop with this plan, or Ferrari will commence legal action to stop it ourselves. That said, they are free to run or sell the cars in their current form if they wish.

Yes, I am that petty :P
R.I.P.
GM HOLDEN
1948-2017
Shadaza

Post by Shadaza »

the Masked Lapwing wrote:
Shadaza wrote:The two Ferrari 550 chassis, now fairly long in tooth, are to be lightly modified and rebaged as U-Discovery1 and U-Discovery2.

Enzo Ferrari wrote:Ha ha. No.

Ferrari did not give Ultimate the cars so that they could modify them and call them their own. Ultimate will stop with this plan, or Ferrari will commence legal action to stop it ourselves. That said, they are free to run or sell the cars in their current form if they wish.

Yes, I am that petty :P

Very well, Team Ultimate apologies for the misunderstanding and will abandon the plan.

All 3 Ferrari cars are now available for sale. Price negotiable. The cars are tried and tested and were all consistent qualifiers last year.

In the meantime, it is unreasonable for my team to design a new chassis or engine at the meantime, so we will take up OSCA's offer and continue another year with them.

So I wish to purchase 2 of their most recent engines,
Message me on Discord.
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

Alright, I still don't have enough entries for the non-championship races, so here's how things will work:

In a collaboration with Hersham & Walton Motors and Alta, the C.S.I. (Commission Sportive Internationale) have prepared 29 spec chassis and engines. These combinations have exactly the same performance figures and have been put at the disposal of private entrants to be entered for the non-championship Grands Prix. These private entrants may enter the spec HWM-Alta to a non-championship race free of charge, with eventual repair costs going to the FIA, but will be ineligible for prize money.

In other words, each user may enter a single privateer to each race (obviously a different driver each time) without having to worry about costs. Should a member eventually wish to enter said driver as a privateer later on, budgets will be determined from scratch. Driver performance still applies for the spec car drivers. Drivers who already have a team may also enter privateers.

Restrictions: only single-car privateers are allowed. Obviously, only drivers that have not yet been entered may be entered.

Also, if the entry list becomes full, further private entries will be accepted, with the privateers closest to the circuit getting priority.

Go wild.

dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

tommykl wrote:Alright, I still don't have enough entries for the non-championship races, so here's how things will work:

In a collaboration with Hersham & Walton Motors and Alta, the C.S.I. (Commission Sportive Internationale) have prepared 29 spec chassis and engines. These combinations have exactly the same performance figures and have been put at the disposal of private entrants to be entered for the non-championship Grands Prix. These private entrants may enter the spec HWM-Alta to a non-championship race free of charge, with eventual repair costs going to the FIA, but will be ineligible for prize money.

In other words, each user may enter a single privateer to each race (obviously a different driver each time) without having to worry about costs. Should a member eventually wish to enter said driver as a privateer later on, budgets will be determined from scratch. Driver performance still applies for the spec car drivers. Drivers who already have a team may also enter privateers.

Restrictions: only single-car privateers are allowed. Obviously, only drivers that have not yet been entered may be entered.

Also, if the entry list becomes full, further private entries will be accepted, with the privateers closest to the circuit getting priority.

Go wild.

Just to clarify: all those already previously entered are still entered, these spec entries are additional to those already entered?
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

dr-baker wrote:
tommykl wrote:Alright, I still don't have enough entries for the non-championship races, so here's how things will work:

Go wild.

Just to clarify: all those already previously entered are still entered, these spec entries are additional to those already entered?

That's correct, the only goal here is to fill up the remainder of the entry lists.

pi314159

Re: F1WRCR 1954 season - Pre-season: Non-championship spec c

Post by pi314159 »

I'll enter one of the HWM-Altas for Felice Bonetto at Syracause and one for Ottorino Volonterio at Pau.
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

I'll enter a spec HVM-Alta for Geoff Richardson for the Pau GP.

Geoff Richardson has also secured some sponsorship money from the Daily Mail, with the intent of buying some Bentleys and competing. What kind of budget would I be looking at?
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

pasta_maldonado wrote:I'll enter a spec HVM-Alta for Geoff Richardson for the Pau GP.

Geoff Richardson has also secured some sponsorship money from the Daily Mail, with the intent of buying some Bentleys and competing. What kind of budget would I be looking at?

I'd say £125 000. Sounds good to you?

pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

tommykl wrote:
pasta_maldonado wrote:I'll enter a spec HVM-Alta for Geoff Richardson for the Pau GP.

I'd say £125 000. Sounds good to you?

Sounds good to me!

With that then, Richardson will purchase a Bentley Speed 4 + a Bentley 16VL-1 engine, and will enter the French, Belgian, Dutch, British, Swiss, German and Italian Grands Prix. Geoff will be based out of a small garage just outside Northampton.
roblo97

Post by roblo97 »

I would like to please enter a HVM-Alta for Duncan Hamilton at Pau.
Mexicola wrote:
shinji wrote:
Mexicola wrote: I'd rather listen to a dog lick its balls. Each to their own, I guess.

Does listening to a dog licking its balls get you excited?

That's between me and my internet service provider.

One of those journalist types.
270 Tube stations in 18:42:50!
Peteroli34

Post by Peteroli34 »

Ill enter A HVM-Alta for Roger Loyer in Pau and for Carroll Shelby in Syracuse
andrew

Post by andrew »

pi314159 wrote:I'll enter one of the HWM-Altas for Felice Bonetto at Syracause and one for Ottorino Volonterio at Pau.

I'll enter one at Syracuse
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

andrew wrote:
pi314159 wrote:I'll enter one of the HWM-Altas for Felice Bonetto at Syracause and one for Ottorino Volonterio at Pau.

For whom? :P

Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

We'll take up the offer and enter a HWM-Alta for Alan Brown at Pau.
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Bentley announce that we will be scrapping, Bentley Speed 3 chassis 2, 3, and 5, along with 163-1 engine 1,2,3 and 4. Bentley also announce we have sold Bentley Speed 3 chassis #1 to the National Motor Museum, Beaulieu, for the sum of £12,000, to form part of their burgeoning Motor Racing exhibition.

With the money received from those transactions, we build a Speed 4 chassis and 1164-VL1 engine.

This will be entered as part of our new partnership with O.S.C.A. of Italy, which will see both marques competing as one in an attempt to conquer the motor racing circuits of Europe. The cars will be entered under the Scuderia Anglo-Italia banner as follows:

Monaco: Jose Froilan Gonzalez (OSCA F154 chassis 1- Bentley 16VL-1 engine 3)
Reims-Gueux: Manfred von Brauchitsch (Bentley Speed 4 chassis 4 - OSCA 156s engine 1), Piero Taruffi (OSCA F154 chassis 1- Bentley 16VL-1 engine 3)
Spa: Manfred von Brauchitsch (Bentley Speed 4 chassis 4 - OSCA 156s engine 1), Jose Froilan Gonzalez (OSCA F154 chassis 1- Bentley 16VL-1 engine 3)
Zandvoort: Piero Taruffi (Bentley Speed 4 chassis 4 - OSCA 156s engine 1), Jose Froilan Gonzalez (OSCA F154 chassis 1- Bentley 16VL-1 engine 3)
Silverstone: Piero Taruffi (Bentley Speed 4 chassis 4 - OSCA 156s engine 1), Manfred von Brauchitsch (OSCA F154 chassis 1- Bentley 16VL-1 engine 3)
Bremgarten: Jose Froilan Gonzalez (Bentley Speed 4 chassis 4 - OSCA 156s engine 1), Piero Taruffi (OSCA F154 chassis 1- Bentley 16VL-1 engine 3)
Nürburgring: Jose Froilan Gonzalez (Bentley Speed 4 chassis 4 - OSCA 156s engine 1) , Manfred von Brauchitsch (OSCA F154 chassis 1- Bentley 16VL-1 engine 3)
Sebring: none
Monza: Piero Taruffi (Bentley Speed 4 chassis 4 - OSCA 156s engine 1), Manfred von Brauchitsch (OSCA F154 chassis 1- Bentley 16VL-1 engine 3)
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

pasta_maldonado wrote:Bentley announce that we will be scrapping, Bentley Speed 3 chassis 2, 3, and 5, along with 163-1 engine 1,2,3 and 4. Bentley also announce we have sold Bentley Speed 3 chassis #1 to the National Motor Museum, Beaulieu, for the sum of £12,000, to form part of their burgeoning Motor Racing exhibition.

With the money received from those transactions, we build a Speed 4 chassis and 1164-VL1 engine.

This will be entered as part of our new partnership with O.S.C.A. of Italy, which will see both marques competing as one in an attempt to conquer the motor racing circuits of Europe. The cars will be entered under the Scuderia Anglo-Italia banner as follows:

Reims-Gueux: Manfred von Brauchitsch (Bentley Speed 4 chassis 4 - OSCA 156s engine 1), Piero Taruffi (OSCA F154 chassis 1- Bentley 16VL-1 engine 3)
Spa: Manfred von Brauchitsch (Bentley Speed 4 chassis 4 - OSCA 156s engine 1), Jose Froilan Gonzalez (OSCA F154 chassis 1- Bentley 16VL-1 engine 3)
Zandvoort: Piero Taruffi (Bentley Speed 4 chassis 4 - OSCA 156s engine 1), Jose Froilan Gonzalez (OSCA F154 chassis 1- Bentley 16VL-1 engine 3)
Silverstone: Piero Taruffi (Bentley Speed 4 chassis 4 - OSCA 156s engine 1), Manfred von Brauchitsch (OSCA F154 chassis 1- Bentley 16VL-1 engine 3)
Bremgarten: Jose Froilan Gonzalez (Bentley Speed 4 chassis 4 - OSCA 156s engine 1), Piero Taruffi (OSCA F154 chassis 1- Bentley 16VL-1 engine 3)
Nürburgring: Jose Froilan Gonzalez (Bentley Speed 4 chassis 4 - OSCA 156s engine 1) , Manfred von Brauchitsch (OSCA F154 chassis 1- Bentley 16VL-1 engine 3)
Monza: Piero Taruffi (Bentley Speed 4 chassis 4 - OSCA 156s engine 1), Manfred von Brauchitsch (OSCA F154 chassis 1- Bentley 16VL-1 engine 3)

Before I add the entries to the list, I have one question: these fully replace the pre-existing O.S.C.A. entries, right?

pi314159

Post by pi314159 »

tommykl wrote:
pasta_maldonado wrote:Bentley announce that we will be scrapping, Bentley Speed 3 chassis 2, 3, and 5, along with 163-1 engine 1,2,3 and 4. Bentley also announce we have sold Bentley Speed 3 chassis #1 to the National Motor Museum, Beaulieu, for the sum of £12,000, to form part of their burgeoning Motor Racing exhibition.

Before I add the entries to the list, I have one question: these fully replace the pre-existing O.S.C.A. entries, right?

Yes, they replace the O.S.C.A. entries.
andrew

Post by andrew »

tommykl wrote:
andrew wrote:

For whom? :P

John fitch if possible, if not I'll enter Guerino Bertocchi
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

Hampshire Racing Alliance are delighted to announce a deal with Bentley for a brand new 16VL-1 engine, to be fitted in our Aston chassis for the forthcoming season.

The engine used in 1953 is up for grabs. It may be auctioned by the FIA.
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

Alright, seeing as I don't quite have enough entries yet, I'm scrapping the repair costs, but in exchange, no prize money will be given out. Also, members may now enter as many privateers as they bloody wish :P

Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

As many privateers as i bloody wish, you say? Well, not entirely bloody, but i'll enter a standard HWM-Alta for Racing For Holland in both non-championship races, driven by Jan Flinterman.
I don't know what i want and i want it now!
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

More privateers?

Cuth Harrison for Syracuse and Dennis Poore for Pau, thank you. :P