1923 Grand Prix Championship - Series discontinued

The place for current RWRS universe and "canon" historical series
Bobby Doorknobs

Re: 1923 Grand Prix Championship - Belgian Grand Prix Up

Post by Bobby Doorknobs »

Reject_Dom wrote:I'll enter as Miller, with driver Louis Zborowski.

We will build a tier 2 Miller 122 chassis, along with a tier 2 Miller M-023 engine.

Pinkd56 wrote:Vauxhall will enter the British GP with Ernest Eldridge.

T4 Chassis (Vauxhall C20)
T2 Engine (Vauxhall 25)

Aggressive strategy

pi314159 wrote:Budgets will be updated today. Entries for the British Grand Prix are open until September 8, 2016 .

Goddammit, you guys are slow. :P
#FreeGonzo
Dom_Wings

Post by Dom_Wings »

Blame Pi. :lol:
Join the GPR Discord server! https://discord.com/invite/6YDQ3aV
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Wow, I forgot about this championship. I know I have a driver in a self-entered car, but I have no idea what my plans for the rest of the season were, or how well we have done so far... :roll:
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
Pinkd56
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Pinkd56 »

In the unlikely event this series gets up and running again - I'd like to replace Ernest Eldridge in the Vauxhall with Boyd Robertson Edkins (AUS, b. 12.12.1882) whom I recently discovered was the factory Vauxhall driver of the time.
pi314159

Post by pi314159 »

Seeing as I have run a grand total of three races over the coure of almost four years, I don't think there's much point in keeping this running. I am interested in running a series again now that I'll have some spare time again. However, I'd rather resurrect my 80s series, contribute to keeping a core canon alive or even start something entirely new than to keep this series going.
pasta_maldonado wrote:The stewards have recommended that Alan Jones learns to drive.
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

pi314159 wrote:Seeing as I have run a grand total of three races over the coure of almost four years, I don't think there's much point in keeping this running. I am interested in running a series again now that I'll have some spare time again. However, I'd rather resurrect my 80s series, contribute to keeping a core canon alive or even start something entirely new than to keep this series going.

This is fair enough. I enjoyed the concept, but understand that it is hard to establish a momentum to a series.
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
pi314159

Post by pi314159 »

dr-baker wrote:
pi314159 wrote:Seeing as I have run a grand total of three races over the coure of almost four years, I don't think there's much point in keeping this running. I am interested in running a series again now that I'll have some spare time again. However, I'd rather resurrect my 80s series, contribute to keeping a core canon alive or even start something entirely new than to keep this series going.

This is fair enough. I enjoyed the concept, but understand that it is hard to establish a momentum to a series.

Yeah, I liked the idea more than the execution. A series like this one requires to establish a feel for the time it is set in, and I think I failed at that. Also, I was really pushing the messy code I wrote back when I was in school to its limits, which made the series a chore to run.
pasta_maldonado wrote:The stewards have recommended that Alan Jones learns to drive.