1962 WSRC - season over, future unknown

The place for current RWRS universe and "canon" historical series
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

1962 WSRC - season over, future unknown

Post by Nuppiz »

So here it is. The "60s sportscar series" that I've planned for over two years, mainly on the IRC channel. The idea began as the Porsche 356B Cup in late 2012, and some of the research (mainly tracks) originates from that. However, it never happened as taking on a third series besides RoLFS and LGPS would've been too much. I then started to expand the series sporadically whenever I had the time and interest to work on it, first using cars readily available for F1C and then by starting to convert cars from rFactor. As LGPS had come to an end sometime earlier and IFRC was in its off-season, I was first planning to launch the series in the spring of 2014, but then I got a job and my free time reduced significantly. By the time I had more time on my hands again, the 2017 ASMF season was about to start and I had to concentrate on AR 3.5 (which was then delayed by a broken ankle preventing me from using my computer for a month).

With the ASMF season now entering its traditional summer hibernation and my "side project" Reject Ice Hockey mostly complete, I feel that I finally have enough time and interest to do this. For the past few weeks I've spent a lot of time researching data for all of the car models featured in the series and their numerous variants, from horsepower ratings (many manufacturers of this time advertised their engines with gross HP ratings instead of net so it took a lot of research to find the actual realistic figures) to top speeds to fuel tank capacities. I even found one more car to convert.

Everything is now ready for the inaugural season set in 1962. The starting year was first based on the season defined in the Porsche 356B mod, and has stuck around as it fits the availability of most car models quite well. Much of the stuff for further seasons remains unfinished (including most car conversions), but these will be worked on eventually as the series progresses. The series will end after 1970, to mark the end of an era when racing cars were still fairly closely related to ordinary road cars. As I will only list the cars available for this season in the next post, you might want take a look at the full list of cars planned for the series if you want to plan further ahead. The cars are classified based on how simple their livery template is.

Many aspects of the series will be heavily controlled by me to ensure realism and fair play. RNG won't be used for anything except defining fictional drivers, and in the case of multiple teams bidding for the same real-life driver. I will decide which users get to run which manufacturers based on these users' previous track record on this forum. The usage of some car models is also controlled, as are the liveries of the cars. If you aren't happy at the likely prospect of me interfering with your plan, then the series is not for you.

While using many car models that appeared in it, this is not intended to replace World Sportscar Championship in the canon. The WSC was mostly based on endurance events, which would be too ardurous to run on F1C, not in the least because due to technical limitations I probably have to run multiple starts for the various competition classes. Also, long races would likely be quite boring to watch. This is why the series' title refers to sprint racing, as that somewhat accurately describes the format used here (100-150 km races).

Entry process
There are four types of teams/entrants in the series: factory teams, full-time privateers, part-time privateers and local one-off entrants. Factory teams can enter a maximum of five, full-time privateers three, and part-time privateers two cars per race. Local one-offs can either enter one car under the entry name of the driver him/herself or form a team of a maximum of three cars, and as they can only enter one race in the whole season they can be entered at any time. Additionally, each team/entrant has a maximum amount of "active entries" (see below). The names of each factory team are pre-defined while privateer entrants can be freely named (as long as it remains in good taste), with both real-life and fictional entrants allowed. Factory teams can only run their own products while privateers can freely mix various models from different manufacturers. The maximum amount of teams/entrants one user can control at any given time is one factory team, one full-time privateer, one part-time privateer and three local one-offs per each race. Users not running a factory team can run another full-time privateer instead. In hopes of ensuring a diverse grid, each team/entrant controlled by the user must run different car models. To avoid having to redo liveries, everyone will get a permanent number which is theirs for the whole season, even if they enter just one race.

"Active entries" means the amount of races where the team is currently entered for. To prevent people from entering the whole season at the start of the year and then going inactive, no team can have active entries beyond the predefined limits. As the season progresses you can enter further races, but only up to the given limits. The limits are as follows:

Factory teams - 50% of the season or 6 races, whichever is less
Full-time privateers - 3 races
Part-time privateers - 2 races
Local one-offs - 1 race

Car limitations
Besides being classified in various categories based on engine capacity for competition purposes, the availability of many models and variants thereof is limited to keep the entry lists variable and retain realism as many of the cars featured were only built in small numbers. The categorization of each model variant is based on real-life manufacturing figures and other data. The four categories are as follows:

Stock: the model variant is widely available for normal customers. Privateers can get these without the manufacturer's permission and replace wrecked examples easily.
Limited: the model variant is only available in limited numbers. Privateers need to ask for the manufacturer's permission to obtain these, and have to do so again should they want to expand their existing fleet or replace a wrecked example. If no spare cars (see below) are available, the privateer has to wait for a set amount of time (usually a race or two) as the new car is being built. Factory teams can get these whenever they need one without limitations.
Super-limited: the model variant is only available in very limited numbers. Similar to limited, except the factory team is subject to the same availability limitations as privateers. Should the factory team lose one of these cars in a wreck and have no spare cars available, they have to confirm if they are going to build a new one and then wait for some time for the work to be finished. As a quick solution factory teams are allowed to borrow or repossess (depending on the terms agreed between the manufacturer and privateer) cars previously given to privateers. The total amount of these cars available can also be limited by me to keep the game realistic.
Factory only: the model variant is only available in extremely limited numbers and cannot be sold to privateers. This category is mainly reserved for experimental one-offs and early models of some cars.

As written above, cars can be wrecked beyond repair in accidents and collisions. Factory teams can at any given time hold a maximum of two spare cars of their limited models, which can only be used in races to replace wrecked examples without having to wait for a new example to be built. These spare cars can also be given to privateers should they need one quickly. Privateer teams are not allowed to keep spare cars of their own. Once a spare car is entered in a race a new example can be built with the standard waiting time.

Drivers
Both fictional and real-life drivers are allowed, although as the series coexists alongside other series of the era instead of replacing one I'm only allowing RL drivers that weren't regularly participating elsewhere. Regular participation means more than 10 F1 (both championship and non-championship, as found on StatsF1) and sportscar races (listed on racingsportscars.com) combined. DNQs count towards this total, but WDs and DNAs don't. Fictional drivers will be RNGed while I'll try to base the RL drivers on their actual results, depending on how much data is available. A driver can only compete in one class each weekend. It should be noted though that in this series much of the performance is based on the car, not the driver. Serious injuries and even death are also possible here.

Liveries
For purposes of realism the complexity of liveries is limited. Only a maximum of two main body colours with a simple paint scheme is allowed. Alternatively racing stripes can be used. You don't need to use national racing colours, but try to avoid car colours not commonly used in the 60s. The racing number must be well visible, placed on at least the doors/sides of the car and preferrably inside a circle or a square to increase visibility even further. Little to no sponsorship is allowed, mainly by technical partners (oil/fuel/tyre/parts suppliers). Livery templates are here. Some of the "templates" are just flat skin files extracted from the MAS files and might be hard to paint on, but then again due to the livery restrictions you don't need to create works of art. There are notes and/or example pics included with each template to help with the process. Also, if a template contains space for a registration plate, either figure out something for it or leave it blank. I don't want to see multiple cars with the same registration plates.

Points system
There will be a manufacturers' and drivers' championship for each class. The manufacturers' championship will use the same points system as the 1962 World Sportscar Championship: 9-6-4-3-2-1 with only the best car of each manufacturer scoring points. In the case of multiple cars from the same manufacturer finishing in points, these results are skipped and the points are not redistributed to lower-placing cars. So for example if Jaguar finishes 1st and 3rd, Ferrari 2nd and 6th and Aston Martin 4th and 5th, only the 9 points for the 1st place are given to Jaguar, with Ferrari only getting 6 points from the 2nd place and Aston Martin 3 points from the 4th place. In this example the points for 3rd, 5th and 6th are not awarded to any manufacturer as the positions were locked out by manufacturers which all had cars finishing in better positions. The drivers' championship uses the same 9-6-4-3-2-1 scoring, but all points are awarded normally.

The possession list can be found here, listing the cars owned by each team and their drivers.

Calendar
16th-18th March: Warwick Farm Raceway, Warwick Farm, New South Wales, Australia (28)
6th-8th April: Prince George Circuit, East London, South Africa (28)
27th-29th April: Autodromo di Monza, Monza, Italy (35)
11th-13th May: Circuit de Rouen-Les Essarts, Rouen, France (35)
8th-10th June: Brands Hatch, Swanley, Kent, United Kingdom (35)
29th June-1st July: Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps, Francorchamps, Belgium (35)
27th-29th July: Roskilde Ring, Roskilde, Denmark (28)
10th-12th August: Nürburgring, Nürburg, West Germany (30+)
7th-8th September: Mosport Park, Bowmanville, Ontario, Canada (30+)
21st-23rd September: Daytona International Speedway, Daytona Beach, Florida, USA (28)
12th-14th October: Autódromo de la Magdalena Mixhuca, Mexico City, Mexico (30+)
2nd-4th November: Autódromo Municipal Ciudad de Buenos Aires, Buenos Aires, Argentina (30+)

Entry lists for each race (car / entrant / driver)

Entry list for the CAMS Warwick Farm Sprint Race
GT +3.0
#39 Shelby Cobra 260ci / Shelby American Inc. (USA) / Gerson Alarcón Santana (PAN)
#40 Shelby Cobra 260ci / Shelby American Inc. (USA) / Alvaro Mazzacane Sr. (ARG)
#5 Aston Martin DB4 GT Zagato / David Brown Racing Department (GBR) / Peter Harper (GBR)
#6 Aston Martin DB4 GT Zagato / David Brown Racing Department (GBR) / Jack Sears (GBR)
#7 Aston Martin DB4 GT Zagato / David Brown Racing Department (GBR) / John Campbell-Jones (GBR)
#32 Jaguar E-Type 3.8 FHC racing / Jaguar Cars Ltd. (GBR) / Paul Frère (BEL)
#33 Jaguar E-Type 3.8 FHC racing / Jaguar Cars Ltd. (GBR) / Umberto Maglioli (ITA)
#34 Jaguar E-Type 3.8 FHC racing / Jaguar Cars Ltd. (GBR) / Vic Elford (GBR)
#19 Maserati 3500 GTi Corse / Scuderia Filipinetti (ITA) / Francesco Fausti (ITA)
#555 Maserati 3500 GTi Corse / Scuderia Filipinetti (ITA) / Giorgio Scarlatti (ITA)
#922 ZiL-112S / State Committee for Sports and Body Culture of USSR (URS) / Angelina Sokoloff (URS)
#900 Ford Falcon Holman & Moody Challenger 1 / Ford Motor Company (USA) / Roy Pierpoint (GBR)
#901 Ford Falcon Holman & Moody Challenger 1 / Ford Motor Company (USA) / Peter Procter (GBR)
#902 Ford Falcon 221ci / Ford Motor Company (USA) / Henry Taylor (GBR)
#444 Jaguar E-Type 3.8 FHC racing / Bib Stillwell (AUS) / Bib Stillwell (AUS)

GT 3.0
#56 Austin-Healey 3000 BJ7 Rally / Donald Healey Motor Company (GBR) / Heinz Schiller (SUI)
#22 Ferrari 250 GTO / Scuderia Ferrari SpA SEFAC (ITA) / Ludovico Scarfiotti (ITA)
#23 Ferrari 250 GTO / Scuderia Ferrari SpA SEFAC (ITA) / Willy Mairesse (BEL)
#27 Ferrari 250 GTO / Scuderia Ferrari SpA SEFAC (ITA) / Giancarlo Baghetti (ITA)
#28 Ferrari 250 GTO / Scuderia Ferrari SpA SEFAC (ITA) / Simone Bizzarri (ITA)
#90 AC Ace 2.6/V / AC Cars Ltd. (GBR) / Jack Fairman (GBR)
#91 AC Ace 2.6/V / AC Cars Ltd. (GBR) / Peter Ryan (CAN)
#92 AC Ace 2.6/V / AC Cars Ltd. (GBR) / Colin Davis (GBR)
#93 AC Ace 2.6/V / AC Cars Ltd. (GBR) / Sidney Hunter (GBR)
#24 Ferrari 250 GTO / North American Racing Team (USA) / Pedro Rodriguez (MEX)

GT 2.0
#14 Lotus 23 / Team Lotus Engineering (GBR) / Peter Arundell (GBR)
#15 Lotus 23 / Team Lotus Engineering (GBR) / Denny Hulme (NZL)
#16 Lotus 23 / Team Lotus Engineering (GBR) / Hachiman Setou (JPN)
#11 Porsche 356B 1600 GS Carrera GT / Ecurie Maarsbergen (NED) / Rob Slotemaker (NED)
#12 Porsche 356B Super 90 / Ecurie Maarsbergen (NED) / Henk van Zalinge (NED)
#58 MG A 1600 Twin-Cam / British Motor Corporation (GBR) / Paddy Hopkirk (GBR)
#44 Sunbeam Alpine Series II racing / Sunbeam Talbot (GBR) / George "Doc" Shepherd (GBR)
#45 Sunbeam Alpine Series II racing / Sunbeam Talbot (GBR) / Ralph Bowyer (USA)
#66 MG A 1600 Twin-Cam / Anglo Racing Engineering (GBR) / Alan Foster (GBR)
#59 Lotus Elite Super 95 / Zimmer Racing Enterprises (AUS) / James Zimmer (AUS)
#75 Alfa Romeo Giulietta Coupé Sprint Speciale / Alfa Corse (ITA) / Henry C. Bradley (PER)
#76 Alfa Romeo Giulietta Coupé Sprint Speciale / Alfa Corse (ITA) / Karl Foitek (SUI)
#77 Alfa Romeo Giulietta Coupé Sprint Speciale / Alfa Corse (ITA) / Pedro Bello (MEX)
#31 Porsche 356B 2000 GS Carrera 2 / Porsche System Engineering (FRG) / Herbert Linge (FRG)
#47 Porsche 356B 2000 GS Carrera 2 / Porsche System Engineering (FRG) / Edgar Barth (FRG)
#48 Porsche 356B 2000 GS Carrera 2 / Porsche System Engineering (FRG) / Hans Herrmann (FRG)
#49 Porsche 356B 1600 GS Carrera GT / Porsche System Engineering (FRG) / Sepp Greger (FRG)
#61 Triumph TR4 racing / Standard Triumph Ltd. (GBR) / Brian Naylor (GBR)
#62 Triumph TR4 racing / Standard Triumph Ltd. (GBR) / Gerry Ashmore (GBR)
#200 TVR Grantura Series III / TVR Cars Ltd. (GBR) / Christabel Carlisle (GBR)
#201 TVR Grantura Series III / TVR Cars Ltd. (GBR) / P.J. Woodroffe (GBR)
#52 VW Karmann Ghia Super 90 / Volkswagenwerk AG (FRG) / Gerhard Mitter (FRG)
#53 VW Karmann Ghia 1500 / Volkswagenwerk AG (FRG) / Helmut Busch (FRG)
#54 VW Karmann Ghia 1500 / Volkswagenwerk AG (FRG) / Peder Larsson (DEN)
#43 Peugeot 404 Super Luxe Injection / Peugeot S.A. (FRA) / Joop Heidendahl (NED)
#80 Peugeot 404 Super Luxe Injection / Peugeot S.A. (FRA) / Fernand Tavano (FRA)
#94 Peugeot 404 Rallye / Peugeot S.A. (FRA) / Jo Schlesser (FRA)

GT 1.0
#84 MG Midget 950 / British Motor Corporation (GBR) / John Sprinzel (GBR)
#87 Mini Cooper / British Motor Corporation (GBR) / Warwick Banks (GBR)
#88 Mini Cooper / British Motor Corporation (GBR) / Frank Gardner (AUS)
#67 Mini Cooper / Anglo Racing Engineering (GBR) / John Love (RHO)
#110 Alpine A110 1000 75 Berlinette / Société Automobiles Alpine (FRA) / Mauro Bianchi (BEL)
#111 Alpine A110 1000 75 Berlinette / Société Automobiles Alpine (FRA) / Henri Grandsire (FRA)
#112 Alpine A110 1000 75 Berlinette / Société Automobiles Alpine (FRA) / Jean Vinatier (FRA)
#96 Saab 96 Rally / Saab AB (SWE) / Bo Ljungfeldt (SWE)
#960 Saab 96 Rally / Saab AB (SWE) / Freddy Kottulinsky (SWE)
#961 Saab 96 Sport / Saab AB (SWE) / Per Olsen (NOR)
#962 Saab 96 Sport / Saab AB (SWE) / Björn Larsen (SWE)
#101 BMW 700 RS / Bayerische Motoren Werke AG (FRG) / Hubert Hahne (FRG)
#102 BMW 700 RS / Bayerische Motoren Werke AG (FRG) / Walter Schneider (FRG)
#103 BMW 700 RS / Bayerische Motoren Werke AG (FRG) / Fritz Hahnl, Jr. (FRG)
#104 BMW 700 RS / Bayerische Motoren Werke AG (FRG) / Sepp Liebl (FRG)
#8 Fiat Abarth 850 TC SS / Abarth Corse SpA (ITA) / Gaetano Starrabba (ITA)
#9 Fiat Abarth 850 TC SS / Abarth Corse SpA (ITA) / Syd van der Vyver (SAF)
#10 Fiat Abarth 850 TC SS / Abarth Corse SpA (ITA) / Paul Russo (USA)

Entry list for the AASA East London Sprint Race
GT +3.0
#39 Shelby Cobra 260ci / Shelby American Inc. (USA) / Gerson Alarcón Santana (PAN)
#40 Shelby Cobra 260ci / Shelby American Inc. (USA) / Alvaro Mazzacane Sr. (ARG)
#5 Aston Martin DB4 GT Zagato / David Brown Racing Department (GBR) / Peter Harper (GBR)
#6 Aston Martin DB4 GT Zagato / David Brown Racing Department (GBR) / Jack Sears (GBR)
#7 Aston Martin DB4 GT Zagato / David Brown Racing Department (GBR) / John Campbell-Jones (GBR)
#33 Jaguar E-Type 3.8 FHC racing / Jaguar Cars Ltd. (GBR) / Umberto Maglioli (ITA)
#19 Maserati 3500 GTi Corse / Scuderia Filipinetti (ITA) / Francesco Fausti (ITA)
#555 Maserati 3500 GTi Corse / Scuderia Filipinetti (ITA) / Giorgio Scarlatti (ITA)
#922 ZiL-112S / State Committee for Sports and Body Culture of USSR (URS) / R. I. Goldin (URS)
#900 Ford Falcon Holman & Moody Challenger 1 / Ford Motor Company (USA) / Roy Pierpoint (GBR)
#901 Ford Falcon Holman & Moody Challenger 1 / Ford Motor Company (USA) / Peter Procter (GBR)
#902 Ford Falcon 221ci / Ford Motor Company (USA) / Henry Taylor (GBR)

GT 3.0
#56 Austin-Healey 3000 BJ7 Rally / Donald Healey Motor Company (GBR) / Heinz Schiller (SUI)
#22 Ferrari 250 GTO / Scuderia Ferrari SpA SEFAC (ITA) / Ludovico Scarfiotti (ITA)
#27 Ferrari 250 GTO / Scuderia Ferrari SpA SEFAC (ITA) / Giancarlo Baghetti (ITA)

GT 2.0
#14 Lotus Elite Super 105 / Team Lotus Engineering (GBR) / Peter Arundell (GBR)
#15 Lotus Elite Super 105 / Team Lotus Engineering (GBR) / Denny Hulme (NZL)
#16 Lotus Elite Super 105 / Team Lotus Engineering (GBR) / Hachiman Setou (JPN)
#11 Porsche 356B 1600 GS Carrera GT / Ecurie Maarsbergen (NED) / Rob Slotemaker (NED)
#66 MG A 1600 Twin-Cam / Anglo Racing Engineering (GBR) / Gene Bosman (SAF)
#59 Lotus Elite Super 95 / Zimmer Racing Enterprises (AUS) / James Zimmer (AUS)
#75 Alfa Romeo Giulietta Coupé Sprint Speciale / Alfa Corse (ITA) / Henry C. Bradley (PER)
#76 Alfa Romeo Giulietta Coupé Sprint Speciale / Alfa Corse (ITA) / Carlo M. Abate (ITA)
#77 Alfa Romeo Giulietta Coupé Sprint Speciale / Alfa Corse (ITA) / Pedro Bello (MEX)
#31 Porsche 356B 2000 GS Carrera 2 / Porsche System Engineering (FRG) / Herbert Linge (FRG)
#47 Porsche 356B 2000 GS Carrera 2 / Porsche System Engineering (FRG) / Edgar Barth (FRG)
#48 Porsche 356B 2000 GS Carrera 2 / Porsche System Engineering (FRG) / Hans Herrmann (FRG)
#49 Porsche 356B 1600 GS Carrera GT / Porsche System Engineering (FRG) / Sepp Greger (FRG)
#44 Sunbeam Alpine Series II racing / Sunbeam Talbot (GBR) / George "Doc" Shepherd (GBR)
#25 Morgan Plus 4 Super Sports Lawrence Tune / Morgan Motor Company (GBR) / Lord Montgomery Sterling (GBR)
#26 Morgan Plus 4 Super Sports Lawrence Tune / Morgan Motor Company (GBR) / Geoff Richardson (GBR)
#290 Morgan Plus 4 Super Sports Lawrence Tune / Morgan Motor Company (GBR) / Chris Lawrence (GBR)
#43 Peugeot 404 Super Luxe Injection / Peugeot S.A. (FRA) / Joop Heidendahl (NED)
#80 Peugeot 404 Super Luxe Injection / Peugeot S.A. (FRA) / Fernand Tavano (FRA)
#98 Citroën DS Connaught GT / Citroën S.A. (FRA) / Pauli Toivonen (FIN)
#99 Citroën DS Connaught GT / Citroën S.A. (FRA) / Paul Coltelloni (FRA)

GT 1.0
#88 Mini Cooper / British Motor Corporation (GBR) / Frank Gardner (AUS)
#3 Alpine A110 1000 75 Berlinette / Ecurie Voeckler (FRA) / André Simon (FRA)
#4 Alpine A110 1000 75 Berlinette / Ecurie Voeckler (FRA) / Jean-François Voeckler (FRA)
#67 Mini Cooper / Anglo Racing Engineering (GBR) / John Love (RHO)
#110 Alpine A110 1000 75 Berlinette / Société Automobiles Alpine (FRA) / Mauro Bianchi (BEL)
#111 Alpine A110 1000 75 Berlinette / Société Automobiles Alpine (FRA) / Henri Grandsire (FRA)
#112 Alpine A110 1000 75 Berlinette / Société Automobiles Alpine (FRA) / Jean Vinatier (FRA)
#55 Lotus Seven F / Douglas-Cliff Racing (GBR) / Tony Douglas (GBR)
#101 BMW 700 RS / Bayerische Motoren Werke AG (FRG) / Hubert Hahne (FRG)
#10 Fiat Abarth 850 TC SS / Abarth Corse SpA (ITA) / Paul Russo (USA)

Entry list for the ACI Gara Corta a Monza
GT +3.0
#922 ZiL-112S / State Committee for Sports and Body Culture of USSR (URS) / R. I. Goldin (URS)
#900 Ford Falcon Holman & Moody Challenger 1 / Ford Motor Company (USA) / Marvin Panch (USA)
#901 Ford Falcon Holman & Moody Challenger 1 / Ford Motor Company (USA) / Jocko Maggiacomo (USA)
#902 Ford Falcon 221ci / Ford Motor Company (USA) / Darel Dieringer (USA)
#903 Ford Falcon 221ci / Ford Motor Company (USA) / Peter Revson (USA)

GT 3.0
#18 Ferrari 250 GTO / North American Racing Team (USA) / Augie Pabst (USA)
#20 Ferrari 250 GT Berlinetta SWB Competizione Speciale / Ecurie Francorchamps (BEL) / "Jean Beurlys" (BEL)
#501 Fiat 2300 S Coupé / Abarth Corse SpA (ITA) / Ricciardo Ricci (ITA)

GT 2.0
#75 Alfa Romeo Giulietta Coupé Sprint Speciale / Alfa Corse (ITA) / Oscar A. Gálvez (ARG)
#76 Alfa Romeo Giulietta Coupé Sprint Speciale / Alfa Corse (ITA) / Carlo M. Abate (ITA)
#200 TVR Grantura Series III / TVR Cars Ltd. (GBR) / TBC (TBC)
#25 Morgan Plus 4 Super Sports Lawrence Tune / Morgan Motor Company (GBR) / Lord Montgomery Sterling (GBR)
#26 Morgan Plus 4 Super Sports Lawrence Tune / Morgan Motor Company (GBR) / Geoff Richardson (GBR)
#290 Morgan Plus 4 Super Sports Lawrence Tune / Morgan Motor Company (GBR) / Chris Lawrence (GBR)
#21 Lotus Super Seven / Ecurie Francorchamps (BEL) / Gérald Langlois van Ophem (BEL)
#904 Ford Anglia Cosworth / Ford of Britain (GBR) / Roy Pierpoint (GBR)
#17 Alfa Romeo Giulietta Spider Sprint Veloce / Jens König (GDR) / Jens König (GDR)

GT 1.0
#88 Mini Cooper / British Motor Corporation (GBR) / John Rhodes (GBR)
#4 Alpine A110 1000 75 Berlinette / Ecurie Voeckler (FRA) / Jean-François Voeckler (FRA)
#10 Fiat Abarth 850 TC SS / Abarth Corse SpA (ITA) / Giancarlo Sala (ITA)
#500 Fiat Abarth 850 TC SS / Abarth Corse SpA (ITA) / Teodoro Zeccoli (ITA)

Entry list for the Course Sprint de l'ACF à Rouen
GT +3.0
#900 Ford Falcon Holman & Moody Challenger 1 / Ford Motor Company (USA) / Marvin Panch (USA)
#901 Ford Falcon Holman & Moody Challenger 1 / Ford Motor Company (USA) / Jocko Maggiacomo (USA)
#902 Ford Falcon 221ci / Ford Motor Company (USA) / Darel Dieringer (USA)
#903 Ford Falcon 221ci / Ford Motor Company (USA) / Peter Revson (USA)

GT 3.0
#20 Ferrari 250 GT Berlinetta SWB Competizione Speciale / Ecurie Francorchamps (BEL) / "Jean Beurlys" (BEL)
#65 Ferrari 250 GT California Spyder / Equipo Castelldefels / Edoardo Lualdi (ITA)
#66 Ferrari 250 GT California Spyder / Equipo Castelldefels / Juan Manuel Bordeu (ARG)

GT 2.0
#58 MG B Rally / British Motor Corporation (GBR) / Paddy Hopkirk (GBR)
#290 Morgan Plus 4 Super Sports Lawrence Tune / Morgan Motor Company (GBR) / Richard Shepherd-Barron (GBR)
#122 Volvo 122 S Rally / Volvo AB (SWE) / Tom Trana (SWE)
#154 Volvo 122 S Rally / Volvo AB (SWE) / Gunnar Andersson (SWE)

GT 1.6
#200 TVR Grantura Series III / TVR Cars Ltd. (GBR) / Pat Moss (GBR)
#201 TVR Grantura Series III / TVR Cars Ltd. (GBR) / Tommy Entwistle (GBR)
#45 Sunbeam Alpine Series II racing / Sunbeam Talbot (GBR) / Giorgio Becucci (ITA)
#21 Lotus Super Seven / Ecurie Francorchamps (BEL) / Gérald Langlois van Ophem (BEL)
#904 Ford Anglia Cosworth / Ford of Britain (GBR) / Roy Pierpoint (GBR)
#17 Alfa Romeo Giulietta Spider Sprint Veloce / Jens König (GDR) / Jens König (GDR)
#68 Lotus Elite Super 95 / Chester Automotive Racing (GBR) / David Buxton (GBR)
#69 Lotus Elite Super 95 / Chester Automotive Racing (GBR) / Robin Sturgess (GBR)

GT 1.0

Entry list for the RAC Brands Hatch Sprint Race
GT +3.0
#78 Shelby Cobra 260ci / All American Eagles (USA) / Peter Sutcliffe (GBR)
#29 Jaguar E-Type 3.8 FHC racing / Irish Racing Cars (IRL) / Paddy Hopkirk (GBR)
#30 Jaguar E-Type 3.8 FHC racing / Irish Racing Cars (IRL) / Desmond Titterington (GBR)
#902 Ford Falcon 260ci / Ford Motor Company (USA) / Darel Dieringer (USA)
#903 Ford Falcon 260ci / Ford Motor Company (USA) / Peter Revson (USA)
#904 Ford Falcon 221ci / Ford Motor Company (GBR) / Roy Pierpoint (GBR)

GT 3.0
#65 Ferrari 250 GT California Spyder / Equipo Castelldefels / Edoardo Lualdi (ITA)
#66 Ferrari 250 GT California Spyder / Equipo Castelldefels / Juan Manuel Bordeu (ARG)

GT 2.0
#58 MG B Rally / British Motor Corporation (GBR) / John Young (GBR)
#290 Morgan Plus 4 Super Sports Lawrence Tune / Morgan Motor Company (GBR) / Richard Shepherd-Barron (GBR)
#122 Volvo PV 544 Rally Sport / Volvo AB (SWE) / Tom Trana (SWE)
#154 Volvo PV 544 Rally Sport / Volvo AB (SWE) / Gunnar Andersson (SWE)

GT 1.6
#16 Lotus Elite Super 105 / Team Lotus Engineering (GBR) / David Piper (GBR)
#77 Alfa Romeo Giulia TI / Alfa Corse (ITA) / Pedro Bello (MEX)
#201 TVR Grantura Series III / TVR Cars Ltd. (GBR) / Tommy Entwistle (GBR)
#45 Sunbeam Alpine Series II racing / Sunbeam Talbot (GBR) / Giorgio Becucci (ITA)
#69 Lotus Elite Super 95 / Chester Automotive Racing (GBR) / Chris Kerrison (GBR)
#13 Porsche 356B 1600 GS Carrera GT / Glöckler Racing (FRG) / Paul-Ernst Strähle (FRG)

GT 1.0
#74 Mini Cooper / Liefeld and Associates (GBR) / Marshall Liefeld (GBR)
#9 Fiat Abarth 850 TC SS / Abarth Corse SpA (ITA) / Oddone Sigala (ITA)
#961 Saab 60 / Saab AB (SWE) / Per Olsen (NOR)
#962 Saab 60 / Saab AB (SWE) / Björn Larsen (SWE)
#55 Lotus Seven F / Douglas-Cliff Racing (GBR) / Tony Douglas (GBR)

Entry list for the Course Sprint RACB de Spa-Francorchamps
GT +3.0
#5 Aston Martin DB4 GT / David Brown Racing Department (GBR) / Peter Harper (GBR)
#7 Aston Martin DB4 GT / David Brown Racing Department (GBR) / John Campbell-Jones (GBR)
#78 Shelby Cobra 260ci / All American Eagles (USA) / Jim Wester (USA)

GT 3.0
#2 Mercedes-Benz 300 SLS / Gilberte Thirion (BEL) / Gilberte Thirion (BEL)

GT 2.0
#230 Citroën DS 19 / André Pilette / André Pilette (BEL)
#969 Saab 96 Monster / Saab AB (SWE) / Erik Carlsson (SWE)

GT 1.6
#75 Alfa Romeo Giulietta Coupé Sprint Speciale / Alfa Corse (ITA) / Oscar A. Gálvez (ARG)
#77 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sprint / Alfa Corse (ITA) / Pedro Bello (MEX)
#13 Porsche 356B 1600 GS Carrera GT / Glöckler Racing (FRG) / Paul-Ernst Strähle (FRG)
#60 Porsche 356B 1600 GS Carrera GT / Auto Ruf (FRG) / Alois Ruf Sr. (FRG)

GT 1.0

Entry list for the ASK Roskilde Ring Sprintløbet
GT +3.0
#5 Aston Martin DB4 GT / David Brown Racing Department (GBR) / Peter Harper (GBR)

GT 3.0

GT 2.0
#31 Porsche 356B 2000 GS Carrera 2 / Porsche System Engineering (FRG) / Jochen Neerpasch (FRG)
#580 MG B Rally / British Motor Corporation (GBR) / Henry Nurmester (GBR)

GT 1.6
#52 VW Karmann Ghia Super 90 / Volkswagenwerk AG (FRG) / TBA (TBA)
#69 Lotus Elite Super 95 / Chester Automotive Racing (GBR) / Chris Kerrison (GBR)
#11 Porsche 356B 1600 GS Carrera GT / Ecurie Maarsbergen (NED) / Gerhard Mitter (FRG)
#46 Sunbeam Alpine Series II racing / Sunbeam Talbot (GBR) / Ralph Bowyer (USA)
#144 Sunbeam Alpine Series II racing / Sunbeam Talbot (GBR) / Piero Scotti (ITA)
#12 Porsche 356B 1600 GS Carrera GT / Ecurie Maarsbergen (NED) / Henk van Zalinge (NED)

GT 1.0

Entry list for the AvD Nürburgring Sprintrennen
GT +3.0

GT 3.0
#716 Mercedes-Benz 300 SE / Heinrich von Schweinichen (FRG) / Heinrich von Schweinichen (FRG)
#28 Ferrari 250 GTO / Scuderia Ferrari SpA SEFAC (ITA) / Jo Siffert (SUI)

GT 2.0
#31 Porsche 356B 2000 GS Carrera 2 / Porsche System Engineering (FRG) / Jochen Neerpasch (FRG)

GT 1.6
#52 VW Karmann Ghia Super 90 / Volkswagenwerk AG (FRG) / TBA (TBA)
#11 Porsche 356B 1600 GS Carrera GT / Ecurie Maarsbergen (NED) / Gerhard Mitter (FRG)
#144 Sunbeam Alpine Series II racing / Sunbeam Talbot (GBR) / Piero Scotti (ITA)
#12 Porsche 356B 1600 GS Carrera GT / Ecurie Maarsbergen (NED) / Henk van Zalinge (NED)

GT 1.0
#50 Alpine A110 1000 75 Berlinette / Equipe Pavellion (FRA) / Claude Savoye (FRA)
#51 Alpine A110 1000 75 Berlinette / Equipe Pavellion (FRA) / Jean Guichet (FRA)

Entry list for the CASC Mosport Park Sprint Race
GT +3.0
#515 Maserati 3500 GTi Corse / Scuderia Filipinetti (ITA) / Piero Frescobaldi (ITA)
#902 Ford Falcon 260ci / Ford Motor Company (USA) / Roy Pierpoint (GBR)
#904 Ford Falcon 221ci / Ford Motor Company (GBR) / Darel Dieringer (USA)

GT 3.0

GT 2.0

GT 1.6

GT 1.0
#50 Alpine A110 1000 75 Berlinette / Equipe Pavellion (FRA) / Claude Savoye (FRA)
#51 Alpine A110 1000 75 Berlinette / Equipe Pavellion (FRA) / Jean Guichet (FRA)

Entry list for the SCCA Daytona Sprint Race
GT +3.0
#902 Ford Falcon 260ci / Ford Motor Company (USA) / Roy Pierpoint (GBR)
#904 Ford Falcon 221ci / Ford Motor Company (GBR) / Darel Dieringer (USA)

GT 3.0

GT 2.0

GT 1.6
#46 Sunbeam Alpine Series II racing / Sunbeam Talbot (GBR) / Giorgio Becucci (ITA)

GT 1.0
#113 Alpine A110 1000 75 Berlinette / Société Automobiles Alpine (FRA) / André Simon (FRA)

Entry list for the AMA Carrera Sprint de Ciudad de México
GT +3.0
#900 Ford Falcon Holman & Moody Challenger 3 / Ford Motor Company (USA) / Marvin Panch (USA)
#901 Ford Falcon Holman & Moody Challenger 3 / Ford Motor Company (USA) / Jocko Maggiacomo (USA)
#902 Ford Falcon Holman & Moody Challenger 1 / Ford Motor Company (USA) / Roy Pierpoint (GBR)
#903 Ford Falcon Holman & Moody Challenger 1 / Ford Motor Company (USA) / Peter Revson (USA)
#904 Ford Falcon 260ci / Ford Motor Company (GBR) / Darel Dieringer (USA)

GT 3.0
#800 Mercedes-Benz 300 SLS / Autosport Mannschaft Gelsenkirchen / Jackie Stewart (GBR)
#801 Mercedes-Benz 300 SLS / Autosport Mannschaft Gelsenkirchen / Mauro Bianchi (BEL)
#802 Mercedes-Benz 300 SLS / Autosport Mannschaft Gelsenkirchen / Ricardo Rodríguez (MEX)
#700 Mercedes-Benz 300 SLS / Team Cunningham / Pedro Rodríguez (MEX)

GT 2.0

GT 1.6

GT 1.0
#110 Alpine A110 1000 75 Berlinette / Société Automobiles Alpine (FRA) / José Rosinski (FRA)
#113 Alpine A110 1000 75 Berlinette / Société Automobiles Alpine (FRA) / André Simon (FRA)

Entry list for the ACA Carrera Sprint de Buenos Aires
GT +3.0
#900 Ford Falcon Holman & Moody Challenger 3 / Ford Motor Company (USA) / Marvin Panch (USA)
#901 Ford Falcon Holman & Moody Challenger 3 / Ford Motor Company (USA) / Jocko Maggiacomo (USA)
#902 Ford Falcon Holman & Moody Challenger 1 / Ford Motor Company (USA) / Roy Pierpoint (GBR)
#903 Ford Falcon Holman & Moody Challenger 1 / Ford Motor Company (USA) / Peter Revson (USA)
#904 Ford Falcon 260ci / Ford Motor Company (GBR) / Darel Dieringer (USA)
#515 Maserati 3500 GTi Corse / Scuderia Filipinetti (ITA) / Dante Emiliozzi (ARG)

GT 3.0
#800 Mercedes-Benz 300 SLS / Autosport Mannschaft Gelsenkirchen / Jackie Stewart (GBR)
#801 Mercedes-Benz 300 SLS / Autosport Mannschaft Gelsenkirchen / Mauro Bianchi (BEL)
#802 Mercedes-Benz 300 SLS / Autosport Mannschaft Gelsenkirchen / Juan Manuel Fangio (ARG)
#65 Ferrari 250 GT California Spyder / Equipo Castelldefels / Juan Manuel Bordeu (ARG)

GT 2.0

GT 1.6

GT 1.0
#110 Alpine A110 1000 75 Berlinette / Société Automobiles Alpine (FRA) / José Rosinski (FRA)
#113 Alpine A110 1000 75 Berlinette / André Simon (FRA)

Injured drivers by date of next availability:
Angelina Sokoloff: 3rd January 1963
Jackie Stewart: 12th February 1963
Syd van der Vyver: 15th February 1963
Hachiman Setou: 27th February 1963
Chris Lawrence: 4th May 1963
Fritz Hahnl, Jr. : 17th May 1963
Juan Manuel Fangio: permanently retired
Paul Russo: permanently injured
Eurosport broadcast for the 1990 Mexican GP prequalifying:
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: 1962 World Sprint Racing Championship

Post by Nuppiz »

Here's the full list of cars available for the 1962 season. SAE gross means the actual power output is lower (as it's measured without any ancillaries), while DIN net shows the exact power figure. Since both of these systems were commonly used in the 60s I've simply included whichever figure is publicly available, however it should be noted that for the engine files the gross figures have been recalculated to be around their actual net output.

After each car variant, there's the competition class followed by availability class. The competition classes are as follows:
GT +3.0: cars with an engine capacity above 3000cc.
GT 3.0: cars with an engine capacity between 2001 and 3000cc.
GT 2.0: cars with an engine capacity between 1651 and 2000cc.
GT 1.6: cars with an engine capacity between 1001 and 1650cc.
GT 1.0: cars with an engine capacity of 1000cc and below.

AC Cars (peteroli34)
Factory team name: AC Cars Ltd.

AC Ace
The popular Ace in this form is nearing the end of its life, as Bristol Cars has all but stopped supplying their six-cylinder engine. An interim solution in the form of a Ford Zephyr straight-six engine, specially tuned by Ken Rudd, has given the model a small extension of life while Carroll Shelby is developing the new, Ford V8 powered "Cobra" model. This model shouldn't be ignored as Rudd has managed to turn the Zephyr engine into quite a beast while the chassis still retains its lightness and nimbleness.

Variants available:
  • 2.6/V: 2553cc Ruddspeed Ford Zephyr straight-six, 168 hp at 5500 rpm (SAE gross), GT 3.0, stock

Alfa Romeo (SeedStriker)
Factory team name: Alfa Corse

Alfa Romeo Giulia
Alfa Romeo's new Giulia model, set to be introduced early this summer, features a new 1.6-litre version of their Twin Cam engine. While the initial performance figures might look a bit disappointing when comparing to the tried and tested 1.3-litre version, the larger engine allows for more improvements which will surely be implemented over the next few years. Alfa Romeo has also hinted that a special coupé version might be introduced fairly soon.

Variants available:
  • Giulia 1600 TI: 1570cc Alfa Romeo Twin Cam straight-four, 91 hp at 6200 rpm (DIN net), GT 1.6, stock

Alfa Romeo Giulia / Giulietta Sprint
Alfa Romeo has already announced that this is the final year of the Giulietta, as the factory is concentrating its efforts on developing faster versions of the soon-to-be-introduced Giulia model with its larger 1.6-litre engine. However, one should not completely ignore the smaller model as the engine packs a surprisingly large amount of power, especially in the SS configuration which is still more powerful than the first available sports version of the Giulia.

Variants available:
  • Giulietta Sprint Veloce: 1290cc Alfa Romeo Twin Cam straight-four, 89 hp at 6500 rpm (DIN net), GT 1.6, stock
  • Giulietta Sprint Speciale: 1290cc Alfa Romeo Twin Cam straight-four, 99 hp at 6500 rpm (DIN net), GT 1.6, limited
  • Giulia Sprint: 1570cc Alfa Romeo Twin Cam straight-four, 91 hp at 6200 rpm (DIN net), GT 1.6, stock
All models available both as a coupé and Spider (convertible).

Alpine (FortiWinks)
Factory team name: Société Automobiles Alpine

Alpine A110 Berlinette
French tuning shop Alpine has recently introduced their third production model, with the mechanicals largely based on the new Renault R8. The tiny engine, which is claimed to produce a hefty amount of power for its size after being tuned by Gordini, might give larger competitors a run for their money. However, although Alpine has had racing success with their previous models, the competitiveness of the A110 is still a mystery.

Variants available:
  • 1000 75 Berlinette: 956cc Renault Cléon-Fonte 689 straight-four, 74 hp at 6500 rpm (SAE gross), GT 1.0, limited

Aston Martin (Reject_Dom)
Factory team name: David Brown Racing Department

Aston Martin DB4 GT
Aston Martin's DB Mark IV is in its final years, as the Mark V is already being designed. However, the special GT version can still hold its ground, as the straight-six designed by Tadek Marek has loads of power. While the chassis is still a bit heavy despite modifications, the DB can achieve very respectable results in the right hands.

Variants available:
  • GT: 3670cc Aston Martin straight-six, 302 hp at 6000 rpm (DIN net), GT +3.0, limited

Aston Martin DB4 GT Zagato
Aston Martin also offers an even further improved version of the DB4, with entirely new bodywork designed by Ercole Spada of the Italian Zagato company. This is a pure racing machine with a lighter and more aerodynamic chassis and the engine pushed to generate even more power. Expect Ferrari and Jaguar to be regularly challenged by this beast.

Variants available:
  • GT Zagato: 3670cc Aston Martin straight-six, 314 hp at 6000 rpm (DIN net), GT +3.0, super-limited

BMW (tommykl)
Factory team name: Bayerische Motoren Werke AG

BMW 700 RS
BMW's small economy car, the 700, has become a major sales success and probably saved BMW from impending bankrupcy and a merger to main rival Daimler-Benz. With its lightweight chassis and engine derived from the company's motorcycle line, the car is nimble yet cheap to run. A team of BMW engineers noticed this as well, eventually developing a special racing version which is even lighter and has its engine pushed to generate more than twice the amount of power than the stock model. The racing model has been very successful in various hillclimb championships across Europe, and is undoubtedly going to give Alpine, Abarth and Mini a stiff competition in the under 1-litre class.

Variants available:
  • BMW 700 RS: 697cc BMW Modell 106 flat-twin, 70 hp at 8000 rpm (DIN net), GT 1.0, super-limited

British Motor Corporation (CaptainGetz12)
Factory team name: Donald Healey Motor Company (Austin-Healey), British Motor Corporation

Austin-Healey 3000 Mark II
This interesting collaboration between BMC and Jensen is a development of the earlier 100 model. Although the engine might seem a bit lazy for its displacement, it still gives out a decent amount of power for its class. However, the car handles exceptionally well and should give its owners many good moments. A very limited run of rally models are also available, which feature large improvements to the engine to eke out every last drop of power from it.

Variants available:
  • BJ7: 2912cc BMC C-series 29A straight-six, 132 hp at 4750 rpm (DIN net), GT 3.0, stock
  • BJ7 Rally: 2968cc BMC C-series 29D straight-six, 210 hp at 5750 rpm (DIN net), GT 3.0, super-limited
    Also available without bumpers.

Austin-Healey Sprite/MG Midget
Austin-Healey's cheap and cheerful Sprite received a Mark II redesign last year, with a slightly more luxurious (and expensive) variant now included in the MG lineup as Midget. Ironically enough, the original Mark I Sprite was designed to fill the gap left by MG's cancellation of the T-type Midget. As both models feature the same mechanicals and apart from slight details look exactly the same, choosing between them is a matter of taste (and wallet size). While the engine is small and the car's top speed isn't exactly going to break land speed records, it can still provide a great deal of fun. The performance will also receive a boost later this year, as a new 1.1 litre version of the engine is currently ongoing trials.

Variants available:
  • 950: 948cc BMC A-series straight-four, 42 hp at 5500 rpm (DIN net), GT 1.0, stock
  • 1100 (available from October onwards): 1098cc BMC A-series 10CG straight-four, 56 hp at 5500 rpm (DIN net), GT 1.6, stock

Austin/Morris Mini Cooper
Famous race car builder John Cooper collaborated with BMC last year to create a sports version of their revolutionary compact car. The combination of a small, nimble chassis with a race-tuned engine is very competitive in its class and is likely to challenge larger cars under certain conditions. The car is also expected to receive further upgrades from Cooper in the future, so it's going to stay competitive for years to come.

Variants available:
  • Austin/Morris Mini Cooper: 997cc BMC A-series straight-four, 55 hp at 6000 rpm (DIN net), GT 1.0, stock

MG 1100
Mini's bigger brother will be introduced by the BMC this summer, and the MG variant is expected to be available later in the year. Although largely based on the Mini, the car features a number of improvements such as front disc brakes and hydraulic suspension. The only stock engine option is likely to be the same 1.1-litre A-series unit which is also going to be used in the Austin-Healey Sprite/MG Midget from October onwards. This is not good news from a racing perspective, however due to the shared heritage with Mini it should be an easy job to fit a Cooper-tuned engine in the car.

Variants available:
  • MG 1100 (available from October onwards): 1098cc BMC A-series 10CG straight-four, 56 hp at 5500 rpm (DIN net), GT 1.6, stock
  • MG 1100 Cooper (available from October onwards): 997cc BMC A-series straight-four, 55 hp at 6000 rpm (DIN net), GT 1.0, limited

MG A NO LONGER IN PRODUCTION
The greatly successful MG A is at the end of its run: production will end this spring as the model is replaced with the new MG B. Although the most powerful Twin-Cam variant of this car was notoriously unreliable when it was first introduced, tuners and mechanics have learned ways to rid the car from this problem and despite its age it can still perform well against its newer competitors.

Variants available:
  • 1600 Twin-Cam (available until May): 1588cc BMC B-series straight-four, 108 hp at 6700 rpm (SAE gross), GT 2.0, stock

MG B
The successor to the highly popular MG A will be available at car dealerships late this spring. Unlike the MG A which uses a traditional body-on-frame construction, the MG B utilises a monocoque which reduces weight and building cost while still making the car stronger. Although the suspension and brakes are mostly similar as in the MG A, the engine has been enlarged to allow for more torque and better reliability. Using the experience gathered when building rally versions of the Austin-Healey 3000, this new 1.8-litre unit is also available in a limited run of rally conversions that provide a very respectable amount of power.

Variants available:
  • MGB (available from May onwards): 1798cc BMC B-series 18G straight-four, 94 hp at 5400 rpm (SAE gross), GT 2.0, stock
  • MGB Rally (available from May onwards): 1798cc BMC B-series 18G-H straight-four, 120 hp at 6000 rpm (DIN net), GT 2.0, limited
Available as convertible and hardtop.

Chevrolet (Miguel98)
Factory team name: Chevrolet Research & Development

Chevrolet Corvette C2
Chevrolet is about to introduce a new version of their Corvette sportscar late this year. It will combine a sleek, aerodynamic body with a large American V8 that has seemingly endless amounts of brute force. The smaller engine is unusual in as it contains fuel injection instead of carburetors for increased power and ease of tune. It's still a mystery how this combination will perform against the smaller-engined but more refined European models.

Variants available:
  • Z06 327ci (available from October onwards): 5354cc Chevrolet small-block V8, 360 hp at 5500 rpm (SAE gross), GT +3.0, limited
  • 427ci (available from October onwards): 6996cc Chevrolet W-series V8, 430 hp at 5500 rpm (SAE gross), GT +3.0, super-limited

Citroën (CaptainGetz12)
Factory team name: Citroën S.A.

Citroën DS
Citroën certainly haven't been modest when naming their flagship model (DS = déesse = goddess), but due to their limited development budget its engine is anything but divine. Having its original design dating back to the pre-war Traction Avant model, even the upgrade scheduled for the next model year leaves the car underpowered for its size. Although the car has still been quite succesful in rallying thanks to its superb handling, in circuit racing the stock models are completely outmatched. For 1962, this state of affairs will finally be rectified as Connaught Cars Ltd, a British car dealership born out of the ashes of Grand Prix constructor Connaught Engineering, have started to offer a conversion of the DS which will give a major boost to the car's sportive capabilities by improving the engine, steering (including the replacement of the oddly-shaped stock steering wheel) and brakes. Costing just £30 more than the standard DS, the Connaught version is the definite choice of anyone wanting to take the car on the racing circuit.

Variants available:
  • DS 19 (available until October): 1911cc Citroën Sainturat straight-four, 76 hp at 4500 rpm (SAE gross), GT 2.0, stock
  • DS 19 (available from October onwards): 1911cc Citroën Sainturat straight-four, 79 hp at 4250 rpm (DIN net), GT 2.0, stock
  • DS Connaught GT: 1911cc Citroën Sainturat straight-four, 90 hp at 5250 rpm (DIN net), GT 2.0, limited

Ferrari (Biscione)
Factory team name: Scuderia Ferrari SpA SEFAC

Ferrari 250 GT Berlinetta SWB
Last year's GT class champion in the World Sportscar Championship is still very competitive, and with the factory now concentrating on their next evolution of this chassis - GTO - getting your hands on one of these very refined racing cars might be a bit easier. But Enzo Ferrari is known to be a difficult man to deal with, so be ready for some tough negotiations.

Variants available:
  • Competizione: 2953cc Colombo Tipo 168B V12, 276 hp at 7000 rpm (SAE gross), GT 3.0, limited
  • Competizione Speciale: 2953cc Colombo Tipo 168B/61 V12, 295 hp at 7000 rpm (SAE gross), GT 3.0, super-limited

Ferrari 250 GT California Spyder
This Scaglietti-designed convertible is a slightly more luxurious, but still competitive option in Ferrari's 250 GT range. For those wanting to race the car professionally, a very limited run of Competizione-spec cars have been made available with lighter bodies and larger fuel tanks. Unfortunately for racing enthusiasts Ferrari is planning to stop offering the car with the more powerful 168B engine option late this year, reverting to the less potent although by no means lazy "basic" configuration.

Variants available:
  • California Spyder (until September): 2953cc Colombo Tipo 168B V12, 276 hp at 7000 rpm (SAE gross), GT 3.0, limited
  • California Spyder Competizione (until September): 2953cc Colombo Tipo 168B V12, 276 hp at 7000 rpm (SAE gross), GT 3.0, super-limited
  • California Spyder (from September onwards): 2953cc Colombo Tipo 168 V12, 247 hp at 7000 rpm (SAE gross), GT 3.0, limited

Ferrari 250/330 GTO
How Enzo Ferrari managed to get this thing homologated is a mystery. Apparently it's claimed to be just another evolution of the 250 series, but almost nothing remains the same except for some of the mechanicals including the engine. The development of this car was difficult, as Ferrari lost many key personnel due to internal strifes over the last winter, but new young engineers have come up with what looks to be a great design. Needless to say, if the 250 SWB's performance is anything to go by then this is a sure favourite to win the whole thing.

Variants available:
  • GTO: 2953cc Colombo Tipo 168 Comp/62 V12, 286 hp at 7500 rpm (SAE gross), GT 3.0, super-limited
  • GTO (available from September onwards): 2953cc Colombo Tipo 168 Comp/62 V12, 296 hp at 7500 rpm (SAE gross), GT 3.0, super-limited
  • 330 GTO: 3967cc Colombo Tipo 163/566 V12, 400 hp at 7000 rpm (SAE gross), GT +3.0, factory-only (single example)

Fiat (FortiWinks)
Factory team name: Abarth Corse SpA

Fiat 2300 Berlina
Fiat's current top-of-the-line model, based on the earlier 2100, is more intended for carrying (Italian) executives and VIPs in a luxurious manner rather than driving hard on the race track. The stock engine is simply too lazy for this purpose, although this matter can be slightly corrected by swapping the engine to the Abarth-tuned version from the S Coupé. Even then, the car's performance is barely adequate for its class.

Variants available:
  • 2300 Berlinetta: 2279cc Fiat 114B.000 straight-six, 101 hp at 5400 rpm (DIN net), GT 3.0, stock
  • 2300 Abarth: 2279cc Fiat 114B.006 straight-six, 128 hp at 5400 rpm (DIN net), GT 3.0, limited

Fiat 2300 Coupé
The new coupé variant of the 2300 model is designed by Sergio Sartorelli of Ghia. The car shares most of its mechanicals with the base model but features an engine tuned by Abarth as a standard option. Even so, on paper the car doesn't seem like it could challenge most of the cars in its class.

Variants available:
  • 2300 S: 2279cc Fiat 114B.006 straight-six, 128 hp at 5400 rpm (DIN net), GT 3.0, stock

Fiat 600 Abarth
Carlo Abarth's tuning shop has turned the Fiat 600 city car into a pure-bred racing machine. The tiny engine produces a very respectable amount of power, which will ensure that the car can hold its ground against the slightly larger cars in its class. Larger-engined variants are also in development so the model is likely to stay competitive for years to come.

Variants available:
  • 850 TC SS: 847cc Fiat Abarth 214D/F straight-four, 56 hp at 6500 rpm (DIN net), GT 1.0, limited

Ford (peteroli34)
Factory team name: Ford Motor Company

Ford Anglia
This saloon offered by Ford's UK division might not look like much on paper, and even the best model offered straight from factory offers quite a little power. However everything is changed with the special engine - still based on the same block - developed by Cosworth for the Lotus Seven. It will more than double the power output and make the car a very worthwhile option in its class.

Variants available:
  • Super: 1198cc Ford Kent straight-four, 49 hp at 4800 rpm (DIN net), GT 1.6, stock
  • Cosworth: 1340cc Cosworth Mk.VI straight-four, 105 hp at 6000 rpm (SAE gross), GT 1.6, limited

Ford Falcon
Ford USA's new "compact" car is rather large and cumbersome by European standards. Additionally, the best stock engine available provides relatively little power, but this can be rectified by fitting the brand-new Windsor V8 from the Ford Fairlane in its place. Specialist tuners Holman & Moody have done their own version of the car, but it is unknown if these will be produced in quantity let alone exported to other countries. The car has performed well on the US circuits but its performance against the well-refined European cars is a mystery.

Variants available:
  • 170ci Special Six: 2781cc Ford Thriftpower straight-six, 101 hp at 4400 rpm (SAE gross), GT 3.0, stock
  • 221ci: 3620cc Ford Windsor V8, 145 hp at 4400 rpm (SAE gross), GT +3.0, limited
  • 260ci: 4267cc Ford Windsor V8, 164 hp at 4400 rpm (SAE gross), GT +3.0, limited
  • Holman & Moody Challenger 1: 3982cc Ford Windsor V8, 250 hp at 6200 rpm (SAE gross), GT +3.0, super-limited
  • Holman & Moody Challenger 3 (available from October onwards): 4727cc Ford Windsor V8, 280 hp at 6200 rpm (SAE gross), GT +3.0, super-limited

Jaguar (kevinbotz)
Factory team name: Jaguar Cars Ltd.

Jaguar E-Type / XK-E
Jaguar's new sports car, introduced last year and based on a series of successful Le Mans racers, combines sleek bodywork with a throaty straight-six engine. It already saw some success in races last year, and is likely to challenge the Aston Martins and Ferraris this year. For those whom the stock version seems unappealing, Jaguar has prepared a special racing version to ensure it is up for the challenge.

Variants available:
  • 3.8 FHC: 3781cc Jaguar XK6 straight-six, 265 hp at 5500 rpm (SAE gross), GT +3.0, stock
  • 3.8 FHC racing: 3781cc Jaguar XK6 straight-six, 265 hp at 6000 rpm (DIN net), GT +3.0, limited

Jaguar Mark 2
Jaguar's luxurious saloon model isn't shy of hard racing either. With a good selection of straight-six engines from the same series used in the E-Type, the car is very good choice for both the gentlemen's club and the racing circuit.

Variants available:
  • 2.4-Litre: 2483cc Jaguar XK6 straight-six, 120 hp at 5750 rpm (SAE gross), GT 3.0, stock
  • 3.4-Litre: 3442cc Jaguar XK6 straight-six, 210 hp at 5500 rpm (SAE gross), GT +3.0, stock
  • 3.8-Litre: 3781cc Jaguar XK6 straight-six, 220 hp at 5500 rpm (SAE gross), GT +3.0, stock

Daimler 2.5 V8
Daimler's version of the Jaguar Mark 2 will be launched late this year. Besides a number of subtle exterior changes, the car will also feature Daimler's own V8 instead of Jaguar's XK straight-six. Despite being a V8, the engine is actually much lighter yet still more power-efficient than the Jaguar unit, so the car's performance might be a surprise to some.

Variants available:
  • 2.5 V8 (available from October onwards): 2548cc Daimler V8, 140 hp at 5800 rpm (SAE gross), GT 3.0, stock

Lotus (Simtek)
Factory team name: Team Lotus Engineering

Lotus 23 ILLEGAL TO RUN
Colin Chapman has come up with an innovative new design that follows up on his principle of building small, light cars that are fast enough to challenge much bigger rivals. And we have no reason to believe that won't be the case with this model. With a small but powerful Ford-based engine developed by Lotus and Cosworth, the car has an excellent power-to-weight ratio which might just surprise the opponents in the class above. Cosworth is constantly improving their engine designs so the car is likely to receive power upgrades along the road.

Variants available:
  • 23: 1498cc Lotus TwinCam straight-four, 100 hp at 5700 rpm (DIN net), GT 2.0, super-limited

Lotus 7
Lotus' popular kit car is entering its sixth year of production. With a lightweight chassis and many great engine options to choose from, this is a great choice for anyone wanting to enter the track with a minimal budget. For those who find the engine options on the stock models insufficient, Lotus is also offering special Cosworth-tuned versions which are really up for the challenge.

Variants available:
  • Seven F: 997cc Ford Kent straight-four, 39 hp at 5000 rpm (DIN net), GT 1.0, stock
  • Super Seven: 1340cc Cosworth Mk.V straight-four, 85 hp at 5800 rpm (SAE gross), GT 1.6, stock
  • Racing: 1340cc Cosworth Mk.VI straight-four, 105 hp at 6000 rpm (SAE gross), GT 1.6, limited

Lotus Elite
This sleek and light sports car with its water pump-derived engine has been popular in racing for a few years now. However, Lotus is reportedly winding down the production as they are actually losing money with each example built, and are finishing their designs on an entirely new car which will use the much cheaper engine currently found in their 23 racing model. But until that is introduced the Elite remains a good choice in its class.

Variants available:
  • Super 95: 1216cc Coventry Climax FWE straight-four, 95 hp at 6500 rpm (SAE gross), GT 1.6, stock
  • Super 105: 1216cc Coventry Climax FWE straight-four, 105 hp at 6500 rpm (SAE gross), GT 1.6, limited

Maserati (Pinkd56)
Factory team name: none. In real life, Maserati withdrew from factory-backed racing after 1957 due to a massive accident at that year's Mille Miglia called the Guidizzolo tragedy. Financial reasons were also behind this decision. In essence what this means is that the user controlling the manufacturer is reduced to a car dealer, deciding which privateers get their hands on the limited racing model. At the moment Pinkd56 is running the works effort through the privateer team Scuderia Filipinetti.

Maserati 3500 GTi
Maserati's first mass-produced car, with coupé bodywork designed by Carrozzeria Touring, is already entering its sixth year of production, but recent developments to this grand tourer have allowed it to stay fresh against its competition. With Lucas fuel injection, ZF 5-speed gearbox and Girling four-wheel disc brakes all becoming standard equipment last year, the car offers a luxurious, smooth and safe ride while not being shy of going really fast either. Despite closing their own racing team some years ago, Maserati is offering a limited number of race-tuned vehicles which will give other cars in its class a good challenge.

Variants available:
  • 3500 GTi: 3485cc Maserati Tipo 101/10 straight-six, 232 hp at 5500 rpm (DIN net), GT +3.0, stock
  • 3500 GTi Corse: 3485cc Maserati Tipo 101/10 Comp straight-six, 285 hp at 6500 rpm (DIN net), GT +3.0, super-limited

Mercedes-Benz
Factory team name: none. Mercedes-Benz withdrew from motorsports after the 1955 Le Mans disaster and had no factory-backed racing efforts at this time, nor did they actively support privateers. The 300 SLS will have a limited number of examples available, while the W111/112 will use only the stock models.

Mercedes-Benz 300 SLS
Although Mercedes-Benz withdrew from racing a few years ago due to the Le Mans disaster, some privateers have kept racing the 300 SL model with its fuel-injected engine. Both the bodywork and engine of the stock model have been modified, and although there are individual variations between each example these modifications are commonly known as the "SLS". Due to the work involved in this process only a few examples have been built, and with the model starting to be a bit dated there's no guarantee the effort is worth it.

Variants available:
  • SLS: 2996cc Mercedes-Benz M198 straight-six, 240 hp at 6200 rpm (DIN net), GT 3.0, super-limited (no examples available)

Mercedes-Benz W111/W112
The W111/W112 series of cars represent the most luxurious models Mercedes-Benz currently has on offer. With a comfortable ride and good selection of straight-six engines featuring indirect fuel injection, the cars aren't afraid of a bit of hard driving either. The top model in the W111 range is the 220 SE with a 2.2-litre engine, while in the W112 range the top model 300 SE features a 3-litre engine with added luxury equipment. Although neither model is unlikely to set the world alight on race tracks, anyone deciding to race the car will do so in style.

Variants available:
  • 220 SE: 2195cc Mercedes-Benz M127 straight-six, 118 hp at 4800 rpm (DIN net), GT 3.0, stock
  • 300 SE: 2996cc Mercedes-Benz M189 straight-six, 158 hp at 5000 rpm (DIN net), GT 3.0, stock

Morgan (Biscione)
Factory team name: Morgan Motor Company

Morgan Plus 4
Morgan are known for producing old-fashioned roadsters with designs harkening back to the pre-WWII days. Their Plus 4 model, essentially a more powerful version of the basic 4/4, is no exception. However the mechanicals have been kept up to date, and the car is powered by a variety of engines taken from Standard-Triumph's TR line continuing a cooperation that began way back in 1939. This also includes a highly-tuned racing engine shared with the Triumph TR4 that is available in small quantities.

Variants available:
  • Plus 4 Tourer (available until October): 1991cc Triumph TS straight-four, 95 hp at 4800 rpm (DIN net), GT 2.0, stock
  • Plus 4 Tourer 2.2-Litre: 2138cc Triumph CT straight-four, 100 hp at 4600 rpm (DIN net), GT 3.0, stock
  • Plus 4 Super Sports 2-Litre (available until October): 1991cc Triumph TS-H straight-four, 115 hp at 5000 rpm (SAE gross), GT 2.0, limited
  • Plus 4 Super Sports 2.2-Litre: 2138cc Triumph CT-H straight-four, 120 hp at 6000 rpm (SAE gross), GT 3.0, limited
  • Plus 4 Super Sports Lawrence Tune: 1991cc Triumph 122X straight-four, 134 hp at 6000 rpm (DIN net), GT 2.0, super-limited

Peugeot (V8fan12)
Factory team name: Peugeot S.A.

Peugeot 404
Peugeot's current top model has just taken major leap towards better performance, as for the first time in the marque's history fuel injection (by Kugelfischer) is available as an option. This allows the car to fight effectively against more refined racing machines, especially when the engine is pushed to produce more horsepower in the limited-run rally version.

Variants available:
  • 404 Super Luxe Injection: 1618cc Peugeot XCKF straight-four, 80 hp at 5500 rpm (DIN net), GT 1.6, stock
  • 404 Rallye: 1618cc Peugeot XCKF-R straight-four, 101 hp at 6000 rpm (DIN net), GT 1.6, super-limited

Porsche (Gonzalez)
Factory team name: Porsche System Engineering

Porsche 356B
Porsche's unique sportscar with its boxer engine has enjoyed a number of successes in various races, and is still going strong despite entering its fifteenth year in production. With a good choice of engines and body styles, there's something for everyone. Porsche are currently developing a new 2-litre engine which will make the car even faster.

Variants available:
  • Super 90: 1582cc Porsche 616/7 flat-four, 89 hp at 5500 rpm (DIN net), GT 1.6, stock
  • 1600 GS Carrera GT: 1587cc Porsche 692/3A flat-four, 114 hp at 6500 rpm (DIN net), GT 1.6, limited
  • 2000 GS Carrera 2 (available from September onwards): 1996cc Porsche 578/1 flat-four, 128 hp at 6200 rpm (DIN net), GT 2.0, super-limited
    All models available both as a coupé and convertible, with and without bumpers.

Saab (This Could Be You)
Factory team name: Saab AB

Saab 96
This small, aerodynamic car built by Sweden's leading airplane manufacturer has entered its third year of production. Like its predecessors, the car features a small two-stroke engine which has now been tuned to give a very respectable amount of power in the new Sport model. If this isn't enough, the factory has prepared a small batch of special rally versions that extract every last drop of power from the engine, but at the cost of driveability and reliability. As the Sport model isn't yet available in the UK, the manufacturer's British subsidiary Saab (GB) Ltd is planning to introduce their own sporty version during this summer, named "60" after the planned peak power output.

Variants available:
  • Sport: 841cc Saab two-stroke straight-three, 52 hp at 5000 rpm (DIN net), GT 1.0, stock
  • 60: 841cc Saab two-stroke straight-three, 60 hp at 5500 rpm (DIN net), GT 1.0, limited
  • Rally: 841cc Saab two-stroke straight-three, 80 hp at 6500 rpm (DIN net), GT 1.0, super-limited
  • Monster: 2x841cc Saab two-stroke straight-three, 154 hp at 5500 rpm (DIN net), GT 2.0, factory-only (limited to one example)

Shelby (Gonzalez)
Factory team name: Shelby American Inc.

Shelby Cobra
Having nearly lost his life in a horrific Formula One accident in 1954, Carroll Shelby turned his attention to building and tuning cars once he had recovered sufficiently enough to operate his hands. He has now come up with the idea of mating a powerful American V8 with an European chassis. The timing couldn't be better as the British-built AC Ace sports car recently lost its regular engine supply, having to make do with Ford Zephyr units, while Ford introduced the brand-new Windsor V8 for this model year. The combination of these two might just surprise the more established competitors, although due to lack of testing reliability might be an issue early on.

Variants available:
  • 260ci: 4267cc Ford Windsor V8, 260 hp at 5800 rpm (SAE gross), GT +3.0, super-limited

Sunbeam (Dexter249)
Factory team name: Sunbeam Talbot/Rootes Motors Inc. (either one can be used)

Sunbeam Alpine
Rootes Group's sports convertible is entering it's fourth year in production. The 1.6-litre engine provides a respectable amount of power, especially in racing trim, and the chassis is more than decent for hard driving. The model has had some racing success in America and won the Thermal Index of Efficiency Trophy in Le Mans last year. The racing version comes with custom coupé bodywork built by Thomas Harrington Ltd. which will improve performance even further thanks to reduced drag.

Variants available:
  • Series II: 1592cc Hillman straight-four, 80 hp at 5000 rpm (DIN net), GT 1.6, stock
  • Series II racing: 1592cc Hillman straight-four, 105 hp at 6500 rpm (DIN net), GT 1.6, limited

Triumph (Wizzie)
Factory team name: Standard Triumph Ltd.

Triumph Herald
Triumph's entry model - their first designed by Giovanni Michelotti - certainly isn't appealing for racing drivers in its base configuration despite receiving a new, larger engine last year following Standard-Triumph's buyout by Leyland Motors. However, the smaller engine is still produced for the base model of the car and with some tuning provided by Triumph's Competitions Department it gives out a very reasonable amount of power for its class.

Variants available:
  • Herald 948 racing: 948cc Triumph G-HE straight-four, 55 hp at 6000 rpm (DIN net), GT 1.0, limited
  • Herald 1200: 1147cc Triumph GA straight-four, 39 hp at 4500 rpm (DIN net), GT 1.6, stock
All models available in saloon, convertible and coupé forms.

Triumph Spitfire
Following Standard-Triumph's acquisition by Leyland Motors and the increased funding that came with it, this Giovanni Michelotti-designed sportscar is finally going to be put into production later this year. Intended to compete with the Austin-Healey Sprite/MG Midget, the little sports convertible borrows its chassis and most of the mechanicals from the Herald. A special race-prepared version with hardtop bodywork is also rumoured to be in the works, but with little data available it's hard to evaluate how the car will perform against its class rivals.

Variants available:
  • Spitfire 4 (available from October onwards): 1147cc Triumph FC straight-four, 63 hp at 5750 rpm (DIN net), GT 1.6, stock
  • Spitfire 4 racing (available from October onwards): 1147cc Triumph FC-HE straight-four, 80 hp at 6250 rpm (DIN net), GT 1.6, limited

Triumph TR3
Triumph's popular sports convertible is in its final year of production, as its successor TR4 was introduced last year. For the final model year Triumph has added a new trim option unofficially called TR3 "B" which gives the car a new 2.1-litre engine from the TR4, however it is likely to be unpopular in racing as it bumps the car up to a larger class while only adding 5 hp. The earlier TR3 "A" is likely to be more popular as it remains in the class below, although it still produces somewhat little power for its displacement.

Variants available:
  • TR3A: 1991cc Standard TS straight-four, 95 hp at 4800 rpm (DIN net), GT 2.0, stock
  • TR3B: 2138cc Standard TSF straight-four, 100 hp at 4600 rpm (DIN net), GT 3.0, stock

Triumph TR4
This replacement to the TR3 was introduced last year, and like other recent additions to the Triumph model range it has been designed by Giovanni Michelotti. With most of the mechanicals carrying over from the previous model the stock versions are unlikely to have much of an impact in the racing world, but the special racing version prepared by Triumph's Competitions Department has one of the largest power outputs in the under 2-litre class.

Variants available:
  • TR4: 2138cc Triumph CT straight-four, 100 hp at 4600 rpm (DIN net), GT 3.0, stock. Available as a convertible and a hardtop.
  • TR4 2-litre: 1991cc Triumph TS straight-four, 95 hp at 4800 rpm (DIN net), GT 2.0, stock. Available as a convertible and a hardtop.
  • TR4 racing: 1991cc Triumph 122X straight-four, 134 hp at 6000 rpm (DIN net), GT 2.0, super-limited

Triumph Vitesse
The sportier Michelotti-designed variant of the Herald is about to be introduced early this summer. Featuring a 1.6-litre straight-six engine derived from the unit used in the Standard Vanguard, the car offers a reasonable power output in a well-tested chassis. For racing applications the engine can be swapped to another, including the original 2-litre Standard unit and the similarly-sized straight-four from the TR line.

Variants available:
  • Vitesse 6: 1596cc Triumph HB straight-six, 70 hp at 5000 rpm (SAE gross), GT 1.6, stock
  • Vitesse Vanguard: 1998cc Standard straight-six, 80 hp at 4500 rpm (DIN net), GT 2.0, limited
  • Vitesse TR: 1991cc Triumph TS straight-four, 95 hp at 4800 rpm (DIN net), GT 2.0, limited

TVR (Pilot)
Factory team name: TVR Cars Ltd.

TVR Grantura
During the past few years, this small specialist car builder from Blackpool, England has expanded to produce their unique sports car in substantial quantities. What it lacks in engine power it compensates with great handling and aerodynamic efficiency.

Variants available:
  • Series III: 1622cc BMC B-series straight-four, 91 hp at 5500 rpm (DIN net), GT 1.6, limited

Volkswagen (TheFlyingCaterham)
Factory team name: Volkswagenwerk AG

Volkswagen Karmann Ghia
Volkswagen's sports coupé with its Ghia-designed and Karmann-built body has enjoyed considerable success since its introduction in 1955. The car borrows all of its mechanicals from the Beetle, which is both a blessing and a curse. While this means the well-tested running gear is reliable, it also means the engine power is very low and gives the car anything but the performance of a sports car. To rectify this, a number of engine models have been fitted both by privateers and the factory for racing purposes, ranging from the stock unit to a 1.5-litre unit found in the Type 3/Type 34 models and all the way to the closely-related Porsche engine.

Variants available:
  • Typ 14: 1192cc Volkswagen Type 1 flat-four, 34 hp at 3600 rpm (DIN net), GT 1.6, stock
  • 1500: 1493cc Volkswagen Type 1 flat-four, 44 hp at 3900 rpm (DIN net), GT 1.6, limited
  • Super 90: 1582cc Porsche 616/7 flat-four, 89 hp at 5500 rpm (DIN net), GT 1.6, super-limited

Volvo (Gertrand Bachot)
Factory team name: Volvo AB

Volvo 120 Series / Amazon
For the 1962 model year Volvo's sporty family car has received the new B18 engine originally developed for the P1800 coupé, although in slightly detuned form. Still, the car offers very good performance for its rather ordinary looks and reasonable price, rivalling that of many purpose-built sports cars. The Volvo management have also acknowledged the development potential of the new engine and managed to lure successful rally driver Gunnar Andersson to head their new Competition Department, which has now started to produce specially tuned versions of the car for rally purposes.

Variants available:
  • 122 S: 1778cc Volvo B18 D straight-four, 90 hp at 5000 rpm (SAE gross), GT 2.0, stock
  • 122 S Rally: 1778cc Volvo B18 D/R straight-four, 115 hp at 6000 rpm (SAE gross), GT 2.0, limited

Volvo P1800
Introduced last year along with the new B18 engine, this Frua-designed coupé represents Volvo's second attempt at the sports car market following the little-produced P1900. With five heavy-duty crankshaft bearings the engine is likely to be very durable and a good base for future performance upgrades. Even in stock form exactly 100 gross horsepower are available which is a very respectable figure for an engine of this size. And for those wanting to race more seriously, the rally upgrade intended for the lighter 122S and PV 544 models can easily be fitted on the P1800 as well

Variants available:
  • P1800: 1778cc Volvo B18 B straight-four, 100 hp at 5800 rpm (SAE gross), GT 2.0, stock
  • P1800 Rally Sport: 1778cc Volvo B18 D/R straight-four, 115 hp at 6000 rpm (SAE gross), GT 2.0, limited

Volvo PV 544
Despite having its original design dating back to 1943's PV 444, even Volvo's trusty old warhorse has been given the new B18 engine to streamline production and give the elderly car a bit more punch against its competition. Being the oldest, most tested and lightest car in Volvo's current lineup, the engine upgrade is certainly good news for performance-minded drivers. Keeping this in mind, the rally trim package available for the 122 S is also a very good option for the PV 544.

Variants available:
  • Sport: 1778cc Volvo B18 D straight-four, 90 hp at 5000 rpm (SAE gross), GT 2.0, stock
  • Rally Sport: 1778cc Volvo B18 D/R straight-four, 115 hp at 6000 rpm (SAE gross), GT 2.0, limited

Zavod imeni Likhachova (Nuppiz)
Factory team name: State Committee for Sports and Body Culture of USSR

ZiL-112S
Perhaps the greatest oddity this season is an official entry by the Soviet Union with a sports car designed by Vasily Rodionov of the ZiL factory. As is to be expected, there's little information available about the car, but what we do know is that it borrows a lot of its mechanicals from larger Soviet production cars and its engine from a limousine. It'll certainly be interesting to see how it fares against its Western counterparts.

Variants available:
  • ZiL-112S: 5980cc ZiL-111 V8, 230 hp at 4000 rpm (DIN net), GT +3.0, factory-only
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: 1962 World Sprint Racing Championship - SIGNUPS OPEN

Post by Nuppiz »

You can now start sending in your applications for manufacturer control. You can also start forming a calendar from these tracks; the season will have 10 to 12 events depending on your opinions.
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Scuderia Ferrari

I apply for control of Scuderia Ferrari. My qualifications in terms of management skill speak for themselves, so I won't delve into that. More to the point is storyline - as the guy in charge of Ferrari in post-war Alt F1, also being in charge of the sportscar effort of Ferrari makes sense from a practical and storyline point of view - the two can be unified, rather than having two different persons with a different idea of how Ferrari should progress in canon.

I would also like to request an Alpine A110 from whomever is awarded their manufacturer status, to be used for a privateer Voeckler entry.

Ferrari requested tracks
Enna Pergusa
Monza (with oval)
Pescara
Brands Hatch
Nürburgring Nordschleife
Charade Circuit (aka Clermont-Ferrand)
Spa-Francorchamps
Buenos Aires
Hermanos Rodríguez
Kyalami
Daytona Speedway (road course)
Watkins Glen
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

I'd like to apply to run Aston Martin's factory programme with that beautiful DB4 Zagato.

Circuits I'd like to see are...
Brands Hatch
Castle Combe
Spa-Francorchamps
Rouen
Monza (+ oval)
Kyalami
Daytona
Laguna Seca
Lakeside Park
Montjuic Park
Mosport
Hermanos Rodriguez
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
CaptainGetz12
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by CaptainGetz12 »

Can I ask how much of this series will be in Europe and how much of it will be elsewhere? If even factory teams can only do half of the races I'm guessing that other continents will have more than one race to justify this discrepancy. (i.e. Ferrari does Europe, while races in America have factory 'Vettes and Shelbys)

As for factory status, I will ask to have either British Motor Company or Lotus, since I prefer the smaller machines of the period, plus I like the lower costs :D

And here is my proposed 12-circuit calendar:

Brands Hatch
Nürburgring Nordschleife
Charade Circuit
Neva Ring
Brno
Daytona (Road Course)
Watkins Glen
Hermanos Rodriguez
Interlagos
Buenos Aires
Spa
Monza (no oval)
Last edited by CaptainGetz12 on 19 Apr 2015, 21:46, edited 1 time in total.
Klon wrote:What did poor André do to you for him to be insulted like that?
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

CaptainGetz12 wrote:Can I ask how much of this series will be in Europe and how much of it will be elsewhere? If even factory teams can only do half of the races I'm guessing that other continents will have more than one race to justify this discrepancy. (i.e. Ferrari does Europe, while races in America have factory 'Vettes and Shelbys)
I guess I should clarify this, as admittedly I might've failed to write it correctly in the opening post. The 50% limit doesn't mean that a factory team can only enter half of the races, it only means they can only be entered for that amount of races at any given time. Let's say the season has 12 races. A factory team can enter the first six, after which they have to wait for the first race to be run before entering race 7. After race 2 they can enter race 8, and so on. They can also just wait for say, the first four races to be run and then enter races 7 to 10 in one go. After race 6 they can enter race 12 and their entries for that season are sorted. So in principle they have to renew their entries at least once every half-season.

For privateers it's the same except they can only be entered for two races at a time. So for example if they enter the first two races they then have to wait until after race 1 has been run to enter any further races. It can be race 3 or race 9 as long as they don't breach the two entries rule.

This meant to keep people active as they can't just enter all races at the start of the season and then go AWOL but instead have to renew their entries at constant intervals. Of course, if someone has a very good reason for their abscence posted in the "Nipping out for a while" thread, I can relax these rules on their part.
CaptainGetz12
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by CaptainGetz12 »

Nuppiz wrote:
CaptainGetz12 wrote:Can I ask how much of this series will be in Europe and how much of it will be elsewhere? If even factory teams can only do half of the races I'm guessing that other continents will have more than one race to justify this discrepancy. (i.e. Ferrari does Europe, while races in America have factory 'Vettes and Shelbys)
I guess I should clarify this, as admittedly I might've failed to write it correctly in the opening post. The 50% limit doesn't mean that a factory team can only enter half of the races, it only means they can only be entered for that amount of races at any given time. Let's say the season has 12 races. A factory team can enter the first six, after which they have to wait for the first race to be run before entering race 7. After race 2 they can enter race 8, and so on. They can also just wait for say, the first four races to be run and then enter races 7 to 10 in one go. After race 6 they can enter race 12 and their entries for that season are sorted. So in principle they have to renew their entries at least once every half-season.

For privateers it's the same except they can only be entered for two races at a time. So for example if they enter the first two races they then have to wait until after race 1 has been run to enter any further races. It can be race 3 or race 9 as long as they don't breach the two entries rule.

This meant to keep people active as they can't just enter all races at the start of the season and then go AWOL but instead have to renew their entries at constant intervals. Of course, if someone has a very good reason for their abscence posted in the "Nipping out for a while" thread, I can relax these rules on their part.

Okay, that clears everything up for me at this point. My current track selection still stands.
Bobby Doorknobs

Post by Bobby Doorknobs »

Sure, why not? Gib Jaguar pls. And if not them, then Lotus. And if not them, AC. After that I'm not sure.

My calendar would include (in no particular order):

Buenos Aires
Bathurst
Spa
Interlagos
Mosport
Elaintarha
Charade
Nordschleife
Brands Hatch
Monza (no oval)
Hermanos Rodríguez
Laguna Seca
#FreeGonzo
Butterfox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Butterfox »

I apply for running Société Automobiles Alpine. Considering i'm getting used to running French teams.
I would also like to Run a private Ferrari for ENB.

As for the calendar, as long as Spa is on it, i'm fine with it.
I don't know what i want and i want it now!
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klon »

I would like to apply for the honours of running the manufacturer team Abarth Corse SpA. I like to think that I am doing a reasonably good job of running teams in this forum.

As far as my track suggestions go, it should be an 11 race calendar with the following events:

Autodrome de Linas-Montlhéry
Eläintarha
Interlagos
Monaco
Monza (with oval)
Dessauer Rennstrecke
Nürburgring Nordschleife
Prince George (aka East London)
Roskilde Ring
Snetterton
Last edited by Klon on 19 Apr 2015, 23:17, edited 1 time in total.
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

I would like to apply for the position of Lotus manager. Failing that, I'd like to apply for the Triumph spot instead.
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
Peteroli34

Post by Peteroli34 »

Given the fact that i run AC cars in the pre war championship i would like to apply to run the works AC cars team. also Anglo-Racing Engineering who have competed in F1 would like to enter on a privateer basis

Calander would in include in no particular order

Bathurst
SPA
Zeltweg Airbase Circuit
Circuit De La Sarthe
Nurburgring
Snetterton
Monza With Oval
Hermanos Rodrigues
Neva Ring
Bridgehampton
Opatija
Roskilde Park
kevinbotz

Post by kevinbotz »

I'd like to petition for the management of Jaguar Cars Ltd.
Klon, on Alt-F1 wrote: I like to think it's more poker than gambling, though.
Bobby Doorknobs

Post by Bobby Doorknobs »

In addition to running whichever works team I end up with (if I end up with one) Irish Racing Automobiles (formerly Irish Racing Association) would be interested in competing in this series, after the team's fall from grace/ongoing success in F1.
#FreeGonzo
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

As mentioned a million times in the chat, I would like to be running Sunbeam.

Also my suggested calendar is:
Bathurst
Spa
Pau
Aintree
Monza (without oval)
Nurburgring Nordschleife
Zandvoort
Brno
Mosport
Hermanos Rodriguez
Sebring
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

I'd like to have control over Ford and see if I can make the Falcon competitive against European opposition.

The circuits?
1.- Spa-Francorchamps.
2.- Circuit de La Sarthe.
3.- Nürburgring Nordschleife.
4.- Brands Hatch.
5.- Silverstone.
6.- Monza (without oval).
7.- Monaco street circuit.
8.- Daytona Speedway (road course).
9.- Laguna Seca.
10.- Willow Springs.
11.- Bathurst (and let's hope the pit issues can be fixed).
12.- Opatija.
SeedStriker

Post by SeedStriker »

Who would've thought? I want to run the Corvette, if possible
roblo97

Post by roblo97 »

I would like to apply for BMC.
Mexicola wrote:
shinji wrote:
Mexicola wrote: I'd rather listen to a dog lick its balls. Each to their own, I guess.

Does listening to a dog licking its balls get you excited?

That's between me and my internet service provider.

One of those journalist types.
270 Tube stations in 18:42:50!
Rated
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Rated »

I will apply to run the Société Automobiles Alpine factory team. I haven't been successful or something in canon, but I think I will be able to take the right decisions (even if some could be harsh) if I end up running the team.
I will request (if needed) a car from Alfa Corse's manager as I would like to run one every year.

These tracks get my vote :
Spa-Francorchamps
Rouen
Sachsenring
Nürburgring Nordschleife
Brands Hatch
Sebring
BORDAS BORDAS BORDAS
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

Two bits of information added to the first post. First is the limit on the amount of cars each team can enter per race (factory teams five, privateers three), and the second is the points system which is explained in detail as the manufacturers' points system is slightly complex.

Applications for manufacturer control will run for a few days until I have a suitable amount of applications. Once I feel like it I'll decide who gets which manufacturer, and offer the remaining vacant spots (if any are left) to those who were left without their favorurite choices.
Normal32

Post by Normal32 »

I will not apply for any manufacturer, but i will run a privateer team.

My calendar suggestions (no particular order):

Monza (with oval)
Spa-Francorchamps
Nurburgring Nordschleife
Sebring
Circuit De Sarthe
Silverstone
Pasta_maldonado wrote:I think normal32 is an old English farmer re-incarnated
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

Also, although privateers can only start entering once all manufacturers have been taken care of, here's a list of some famous privateer teams of the era that were closely associated with certain manufacturers:

North American Racing Team (NART) (Ferrari, USA)
Maranello Concessionaires Ltd. (Ferrari, GBR)
Ecurie Francorchamps (Ferrari, BEL)
Essex Racing Stable (Aston Martin, GBR)
Ecurie Chiltern (BMC, GBR)
Holman & Moody (Ford, USA)
Ecurie Ecosse (Jaguar, GBR)

And some which were not particularly attached to a single manufacturer:
Scuderia Serenissima/Scuderia SSS Republica di Venezia (used to run Ferraris, but pissed off Enzo by backing ATS which was formed by former Ferrari workers) (ITA)
Scuderia Filipinetti (ran a lot of Ferraris, but also other cars) (ITA)
British Racing Partnership/UDT Laystall Racing (latter name used only in 1961-62) (GBR)
Team Cunningham (USA)
Scuderia Pegaso (ITA)
Squadra Tartaruga (SUI)
CaptainGetz12
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by CaptainGetz12 »

Nuppiz wrote:Also, although privateers can only start entering once all manufacturers have been taken care of, here's a list of some famous privateer teams of the era that were closely associated with certain manufacturers:

North American Racing Team (NART) (Ferrari, USA)
Maranello Concessionaires Ltd. (Ferrari, GBR)
Ecurie Francorchamps (Ferrari, BEL)
Essex Racing Stable (Aston Martin, GBR)
Ecurie Chiltern (BMC, GBR)
Holman & Moody (Ford, USA)
Ecurie Ecosse (Jaguar, GBR)

And some which were not particularly attached to a single manufacturer:
Scuderia Serenissima/Scuderia SSS Republica di Venezia (used to run Ferraris, but pissed off Enzo by backing ATS which was formed by former Ferrari workers) (ITA)
Scuderia Filipinetti (ran a lot of Ferraris, but also other cars) (ITA)
British Racing Partnership/UDT Laystall Racing (latter name used only in 1961-62) (GBR)
Team Cunningham (USA)
Scuderia Pegaso (ITA)
Squadra Tartaruga (SUI)

Will these privateers have priority before any fictional privateers/one-off entries can sign up?
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

CaptainGetz12 wrote:Will these privateers have priority before any fictional privateers/one-off entries can sign up?
Manufacturers can ask users to run the privateers in the first list (I've heard from Biscione that if he gets to run Ferrari he wants someone to run NART, for example), but they are by no means prioritized. I've just included them to add some real-life flair to the series.
Miguel98

Post by Miguel98 »

I would like to run Chevrolet. :P

Mercedes-Benz proposed tracks:
Nurburgring Norschleife
Monza
Spa-Francorchamps
Pescara
Rouen
Watkins Glen
Hermanos Rodriguez
Silverstone
Mario on Gutierrez after the Italian Grand Prix wrote:He's no longer just a bit of a tool, he's the entire tool set.

18-07-2015: Forever in our hearts Jules.
25-08-2015: Forever in our hearts Justin.
FMecha

Post by FMecha »

Privateer sign-ups when? :) I decided not to run a manufacturer here for now.
PSN ID: FMecha_EXE | FMecha on GT Sport
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

FMecha wrote:Privateer sign-ups when?

After the manufacturers are settled.
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

Since there haven't been any new applications in a few days, I've decided which user gets to run which manufacturer.

AC: peteroli34
Alfa Romeo: still vacant SeedStriker
Aston Martin: Ataxia
Alpine: Rated
British Motor Corporation: CaptainGetz12
Chevrolet: Miguel98
Ferrari: Biscione
Fiat-Abarth: Klon
Ford: Phoenix
Jaguar: kevinbotz
Lotus: Simtek
Porsche: still vacant
Shelby: still vacant pi314159
Sunbeam: Salamander
Triumph: Wizzie
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

I don't plan on entering this series just yet, but I'll still vote on one track: Roskilde Ring.
kevinbotz wrote:Cantonese is a completely nonsensical f*cking alien language masquerading as some grossly bastardised form of Chinese

Gonzo wrote:Wasn't there some sort of communisim in the East part of Germany?
pi314159

Post by pi314159 »

I'd like to run Shelby.
pasta_maldonado wrote:The stewards have recommended that Alan Jones learns to drive.
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Ferrari will make the 250 GTO available under certain specific conditions;

The only team eligible for the 250 GTO is the North America Racing Team. It must be raced in the traditional colours of the NART team. You must enter a 2 car team, and attend at least every race on the American continents. You must have an American driver in each car at all times. Scuderia Ferrari reserves the right to borrow one of the 250 GTOs if one of the works cars is written off and the team requires a stop-gap solution while a new 250 GTO chassis is being constructed.

I see that Ecurie Francorchamps is interested in Ferrari - they will be granted a 250 SWB Berlinetta Competizione Speciale, as long as they paint it yellow/gold! Otherwise they only get the standard Competizione spec.
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
SeedStriker

Post by SeedStriker »

Since Miguel got the Chevy, I'd like to run the Alfa Romeo operation
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

Here's how the track vote currently stands:

Spa-Francorchamps 14
Monza 14 (without oval 8 / with oval 5 / unspecified 1)
Nürburgring Nordschleife 12
Hermanos Rodríguez (Autódromo de la Magdalena Mixhuca) 8
Brands Hatch 7
Daytona Speedway (road course) 7
Roskilde Ring 6
Bathurst 4
Rouen-Les-Essarts 4
Buenos Aires 4
Eläintarha 4
Watkins Glen 4
Interlagos 4
La Sarthe 4
Mosport 4
Silverstone 4
Laguna Seca 4
Sebring 3
Charade Circuit (aka Clermont-Ferrand) 3
Snetterton 3
Bridgehampton 3
Pau 3
Zandvoort 3
Kyalami 2
Pescara 2
Neva Ring 2
Brno 2
Opatija 2
Monaco 2
Prince George 2
Warwick Farm 2
Aintree 2
Enna Pergusa 1
Castle Combe 1
Lakeside Park 1
Montjuïc Park 1
Linas-Montlhéry 1
Dessauer Rennstrecke 1
Zeltweg 1
Willow Springs 1
Sachsenring 1
Ain-Diab 1
Butterfox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Butterfox »

Biscione wrote:I see that Ecurie Francorchamps is interested in Ferrari - they will be granted a 250 SWB Berlinetta Competizione Speciale, as long as they paint it yellow/gold! Otherwise they only get the standard Competizione spec.

Consdering i don't get a works team, i now fully go for the option of running Ecurie Francorchamps. I will have to wait for an official approval by the organisation. But the conditions to this deal are the same as my conditions: i only buy a Ferrari of any sorts if they have them available in yellow. This is a (relatively) long-standing tradition, symbolising the good relations between Belgium and Italy. The 250 SWB Berlinetta Competizione Speciale is perfect for a privateer.
I don't know what i want and i want it now!
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

Since no-one else has claimed them, I'll temporarily run the Porsche manufacturer effort so we can move on to the next phase. However I'll give up control over it immediatedly should someone else want to run them.

Here's my track votes:
Eläintarha
Roskilde Ring
Snetterton
Warwick Farm
Rouen-Les-Essarts
Prince George
Ain-Diab
Zandvoort
Bridgehampton
Monza (without oval)
Buenos Aires
Nürburgring
CaptainGetz12
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by CaptainGetz12 »

Nuppiz wrote:Since no-one else has claimed them, I'll temporarily run the Porsche manufacturer effort so we can move on to the next phase. However I'll give up control over it immediatedly should someone else want to run them.

Here's my track votes:
Eläintarha
Roskilde Ring
Snetterton
Warwick Farm
Rouen-Les-Essarts
Prince George
Ain-Diab
Zandvoort
Bridgehampton
Monza (without oval)
Buenos Aires
Nürburgring

I may have Alois Ruf have a driver use one of his prepared 356s as a one-off entry. if that allievates any of the issue.
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

As an example how to work as a manufacturer: Porsche will build four 356B 2000 GS Carrera 2s and one 356B 1600 GS Carrera GT, all as coupé models without bumpers. One of each model will be put into storage as spare vehicles. Further examples of the 1600GS are available to privateers on demand.

Privateer teams can now enter.

To keep things tidy, this post will contain the possessions of each team. When entering, please state the racing numbers of each of your cars (except for spare cars). To avoid having to constantly redo liveries the racing numbers are yours for the entire season, with replacement cars simply taking over the old numbers in case of wrecks (provided they are of the same model, of course).

Factory teams

AC Cars Ltd. (GBR, peteroli34)
AC Ace 2.6/V #90, driven by Jack Fairman (GBR)
AC Ace 2.6/V #91, driven by Peter Ryan (CAN)
AC Ace 2.6/V #92, driven by Colin Davis (GBR)
AC Ace 2.6/V #93, driven by Sidney Hunter (GBR)

Alfa Corse (ITA, SeedStriker)
Alfa Romeo Giulietta Coupé Sprint Speciale #75, driven by Oscar A. Gálvez (ARG) and Henry C. Bradley (PER) (alternating)
Alfa Romeo Giulietta Coupé Sprint Speciale #76, driven by Karl Foitek (SUI)
Alfa Romeo Giulia Sprint #77, driven by Pedro Bello (MEX)

Spare cars:
Alfa Romeo Giulia TI
Alfa Romeo Giulietta Coupé Sprint Speciale

Société Automobiles Alpine (FRA, FortiWinks)
Alpine A110 1000 75 Berlinette #110, driven by Mauro Bianchi (BEL) and José Rosinski (FRA)
Alpine A110 1000 75 Berlinette #111, driven by Henri Grandsire (FRA)
Alpine A110 1000 75 Berlinette #112, driven by Jean Vinatier (FRA)
Alpine A110 1000 75 Berlinette #113, driven by André Simon (FRA)

Spare cars:

David Brown Racing Department (GBR, Reject_Dom)
Aston Martin DB4 GT #5, driven by Peter Harper (GBR)
Aston Martin DB4 GT Zagato #6, driven by Jack Sears (GBR)
Aston Martin DB4 GT Zagato #7, driven by John Campbell-Jones (GBR)

Spare cars:
Aston Martin DB4 GT

Bayerische Motoren Werke AG (FRG, tommykl)
BMW 700 RS #101, driven by Hubert Hahne (FRG)
BMW 700 RS #102, driven by Walter Schneider (FRG)
BMW 700 RS #103, driven by Fritz Hahnl, Jr. (FRG) WRECKED
BMW 700 RS #104, driven by Sepp Liebl (FRG)

Donald Healey Motor Company (GBR, CaptainGetz12)
Austin-Healey 3000 BJ7 Rally #56, driven by Heinz Schiller (SUI) with Rob Slotemaker (NED) in reserve

British Motor Corporation (GBR, CaptainGetz12)
MG B Rally #58, driven by Paddy Hopkirk (GBR) and John Young (GBR)
MG B Rally #580, driven by Henry Nurmester (GBR)
MG Midget 950 #84, driven by John Sprinzel (GBR)
Mini Cooper #87, driven by Warwick Banks (GBR)
Mini Cooper #88, driven by John Rhodes (GBR) and Frank Gardner (AUS) (alternating)

Spare cars
MG A 1600 Twin-Cam
MG B Rally

Chevrolet Research & Development (USA, Miguel98)
None (see All American Eagles in the privateer section)

Citroën S.A. (FRA, CaptainGetz12)
Citroën DS Connaught GT #98, driven by Pauli Toivonen (FIN)
Citroën DS Connaught GT #99, driven by Paul Coltelloni (FRA)

Scuderia Ferrari SpA SEFAC (ITA, Biscione)
Ferrari 250 GTO #22, driven by Ludovico Scarfiotti (ITA)
Ferrari 250 GTO #23, driven by Willy Mairesse (BEL)
Ferrari 250 GTO #27, driven by Giancarlo Baghetti (ITA)
Ferrari 250 GTO #28, driven by Simone Bizzarri (ITA)

Reserve driver: Jo Siffert (SUI)

Spare cars:
Ferrari 250 GTO (reserved for NART, temporarily unavailable)
Ferrari 330 GTO
Ferrari 250 GT Berlinetta SWB Competizione Speciale, for sale

Abarth Corse SpA (ITA, FortiWinks)
Fiat 2300 S Coupé #501, driven by Ricciardo Ricci (ITA)
Fiat Abarth 850 TC SS #8, driven by Gaetano Starrabba (ITA)
Fiat Abarth 850 TC SS #9, driven by Syd van der Vyver (SAF) and Oddone Siggala (ITA)
Fiat Abarth 850 TC SS #10, driven by Paul Russo (USA) and Giancarlo Sala (ITA)
Fiat Abarth 850 TC SS #500, driven by Teodoro Zeccoli (ITA)

Spare cars:
Fiat Abarth 850 TC SS

Ford Motor Company (USA, peteroli34)
Ford Falcon Holman & Moody Challenger 3 #900, driven by Roy Pierpoint (GBR) and Marvin Panch (USA)
Ford Falcon Holman & Moody Challenger 3 #901, driven by Peter Procter (GBR) and Jocko Maggiacomo (USA)
Ford Falcon Holman & Moody Challenger 1 #902, driven by Darel Dieringer (USA) and Roy Pierpoint (GBR)
Ford Falcon Holman & Moody Challenger 1 #903, driven by Peter Revson (USA)
Ford Falcon 260ci #904, driven by Roy Pierpoint (GBR) and Darel Dieringer (USA)

Spare cars:
Ford Falcon 260ci
Ford Falcon 221ci
Ford Falcon 221ci
Ford Anglia Cosworth

Jaguar Cars Ltd. (GBR, kevinbotz)
Jaguar E-Type 3.8 FHC racing #32, driven by Paul Frère (BEL)
Jaguar E-Type 3.8 FHC racing #33, driven by Umberto Maglioli (ITA)
Jaguar E-Type 3.8 FHC racing #34, driven by Vic Elford (GBR)

Spare cars:
Jaguar E-Type 3.8 FHC racing #29, reserved to Irish Racing Cars for Brands Hatch to be driven by Paddy Hopkirk (GBR)

Team Lotus Engineering (GBR, Simtek)
Lotus Elite Super 105 #14, driven by Peter Arundell (GBR)
Lotus Elite Super 105 #15, driven by Denny Hulme (NZL)
Lotus Elite Super 105 #16, driven by Hachiman Setou (JPN) and David Piper (GBR)

Reserve driver: Al Pease (CAN)

Spare cars:
Lotus Elite Super 105 (temporarily unavailable)

Officine Alfieri Maserati (ITA, Pinkd56)
see Scuderia Filipinetti

Daimler-Benz AG (FRG)
N/A

Morgan Motor Company (GBR, Biscione)
Morgan Plus 4 Super Sports Lawrence Tune #25, driven by Lord Montgomery Sterling (GBR)
Morgan Plus 4 Super Sports Lawrence Tune #26, driven by Geoff Richardson (GBR)
Morgan Plus 4 Super Sports Lawrence Tune #290, driven by Chris Lawrence (GBR) and Richard Shepherd-Barron (GBR)

Spare cars:
Morgan Plus 4 Super Sports Lawrence Tune

Peugeot S.A. (FRA, V8fan12)
Peugeot 404 Super Luxe Injection #43, driven by Joop Heidendahl (NED)
Peugeot 404 Super Luxe Injection #80, driven by Fernand Tavano (FRA)
Peugeot 404 Rallye #94, driven by Jo Schlesser (FRA)

Spare cars:
Peugeot 404 Super Luxe Injection

Porsche System Engineering (FRG, Gonzalez)
Porsche 356B 2000 GS Carrera 2 #31, driven by Herbert Linge (FRG)
Porsche 356B 2000 GS Carrera 2 #47, driven by Edgar Barth (FRG)
Porsche 356B 2000 GS Carrera 2 #48, driven by Hans Herrmann (FRG)
Porsche 356B 1600 GS Carrera GT #49, driven by Sepp Greger (FRG)

Spare cars:

Saab AB (SWE, This Could Be You)
Saab 96 Rally #96, driven by Bo Ljungfeldt (SWE)
Saab 96 Rally #960, driven by Freddy Kottulinsky (SWE)
Saab 60 #961, driven by Per Olsen (NOR)
Saab 60 #962, driven by Björn Larsen (SWE)
Saab 96 Monster #969, driven by Erik Carlsson (SWE)

Spare cars:
Saab 96 Rally
Saab 96 Rally

Shelby American Inc. (USA, Gonzalez)
Shelby Cobra 260ci #39, driven by Gerson Alarcón Santana (PAN)
Shelby Cobra 260ci #40, driven by Alvaro Mazzacane Sr. (ARG) WRECKED

Spare cars:

Sunbeam Talbot (GBR, Dexter249)
Sunbeam Alpine Series II racing #44, driven by George "Doc" Shepherd (GBR)
Sunbeam Alpine Series II racing #45, driven by Ralph Bowyer (USA) and Giorgio Becucci (ITA)
Sunbeam Alpine Series II racing #46, driven by Giorgio Becucci (ITA)
Sunbeam Alpine Series II racing #144, driven by Piero Scotti (ITA)

Spare cars:

Standard Triumph Ltd. (GBR, Wizzie)
Triumph TR4 racing #61, driven by Brian Naylor (GBR)
Triumph TR4 racing #62, driven by Gerry Ashmore (GBR)

Spare cars:
Triumph TR3A
Triumph TR3A

TVR Cars Ltd. (GBR, Pilot)
TVR Grantura Series III #200, driven by Christabel Carlisle (GBR) and Pat Moss (GBR)
TVR Grantura Series III #201, driven by P.J. Woodroffe (GBR) and Tommy Entwistle (GBR)

Volkswagenwerk AG (FRG, TheFlyingCaterham)
VW Karmann Ghia Super 90 #52, driven by Gerhard Mitter (FRG) and TBA (TBA)
VW Karmann Ghia 1500 #53, driven by Helmut Busch (FRG)
VW Karmann Ghia 1500 #54, driven by Peder Larsson (DEN)

Spare cars:
VW Karmann Ghia 1500
VW Karmann Ghia 1500

Volvo AB (SWE, Gertrand Bachot)
Volvo PV 544 Rally Sport #122, driven by Tom Trana (SWE)
Volvo PV 544 Rally Sport #154, driven by Gunnar Andersson (SWE)

Spare cars:
Volvo 122 S Rally
Volvo 122 S Rally

State Committee for Sports and Body Culture of USSR (URS, Nuppiz)
ZiL-112S #922, driven by Angelina Sokoloff (URS) and R. I. Goldin (URS)

Spare cars:
ZiL-112S

Privateers

Ecurie Francorchamps (BEL, This)
Ferrari 250 GT Berlinetta SWB Competizione Speciale #20, driven by "Jean Beurlys" (real name Jean Blaton) (BEL)
Lotus Super Seven #21, driven by Gérald Langlois van Ophem (BEL)

All American Eagles (USA, Miguel98)
Shelby Cobra 260ci #78, driven by Jim Wester (USA), Joe Weit (USA) and Peter Sutcliffe (GBR) (alternating)

Leonhard von Gottorp (FRG, Klon)
Jaguar Mark 2 3.8-Litre #941, driven by Leonhard von Gottorp (FRG)

Scuderia Filipinetti (ITA, Pinkd56)
Maserati 3500 GTi Corse #19, driven by Francesco Fausti (ITA)
Maserati 3500 GTi Corse #555, driven by Giorgio Scarlatti (ITA)
Maserati 3500 GTi Corse #515, driven by Piero Frescobaldi (ITA) and Dante Emiliozzi (ARG)
Maserati 3500 GTi Corse

Auto Ruf (FRG, CaptainGetz12)
Porsche 356B 1600 GS Carrera GT #60, driven by Alois Ruf Sr. (FRG)

North American Racing Team (USA, Miguel98)
Ferrari 250 GTO #18, driven by Augie Pabst (USA)
Ferrari 250 GTO #24, driven by Pedro Rodriguez (MEX)

Ecurie Voeckler (FRA, Biscione)
Alpine A110 1000 75 Berlinette #3, driven by André Simon (FRA)
Alpine A110 1000 75 Berlinette #4, driven by Jean-François Voeckler (FRA)

Irish Racing Cars (IRL, Simtek)
Jaguar E-Type 3.8 FHC racing #30, driven by Desmond Titterington (GBR)

Anglo Racing Engineering (GBR, peteroli34)
MG A 1600 Twin-Cam #66, driven by Alan Foster (GBR) and Gene Bosman (SAF)
Mini Cooper #67, driven by John Love (RHO)

Douglas-Cliff Racing (GBR, Wizzie)
Lotus Seven F #55, driven by Tony Douglas (GBR)

Zimmer Racing Enterprises (AUS, The Masked Lapwing)
Lotus Elite Super 95 #59, driven by James Zimmer (AUS)

Jens König (GDR, Rated)
Alfa Romeo Giulietta Spider Sprint Veloce #17, driven by Jens König (GDR)

Liefeld and Associates (GBR, FMecha)
Mini Cooper #74, driven by Marshall Liefeld (GBR)

Ecurie Maarsbergen (NED, This)
Porsche 356B 1600 GS Carrera GT #11, driven by Rob Slotemaker (NED) with Gerhard Mitter (FRG) as reserve
Porsche 356B Super 90 #12, driven by Henk van Zalinge (NED)

Gilberte Thirion (BEL, Normal32)
Mercedes-Benz 300 SLS #2, driven by Gilberte Thirion (BEL)

Bib Stillwell (AUS, Biscione)
Jaguar E-Type 3.8 FHC racing #444, driven by Bib Stillwell (AUS)

Equipo Castelldefels (ESP, Gonzalez)
Ferrari 250 GT California Spyder #65, driven by Edoardo Lualdi (ITA) and Juan Manuel Bordeu (ARG)
Ferrari 250 GT California Spyder #66, driven by Juan Manuel Bordeu (ARG) WRECKED

Chester Automotive Racing (GBR, Bandon23)
Lotus Elite Super 95 #68, driven by David Buxton (GBR)
Lotus Elite Super 95 #69, driven by Robin Sturgess (GBR) and Chris Kerrison (GBR)

Glöckler Racing (FRG, pasta_maldonado)
Porsche 356B 1600 GS Carrera GT #13, driven by Paul-Ernst Strähle (FRG)

André Pilette (BEL, FortiWinks)
Citroën DS 19 #230, driven by André Pilette (BEL)

Heinrich von Schweinichen (FRG, Nuppiz)
Mercedes-Benz 300 SE #716, Heinrich von Schweinichen (FRG)

Equipe Pavellion (FRA, FortiWinks)
Alpine A110 1000 75 Berlinette #3, driven by Claude Savoye (FRA)
Alpine A110 1000 75 Berlinette #4, driven by Jean Guichet (FRA)

Autosport Mannschaft Gelsenkirchen (FRG, Kinnikuniverse)
Mercedes-Benz 300 SLS #800, driven by Jackie Stewart (GBR) WRECKED
Mercedes-Benz 300 SLS #801, driven by Mauro Bianchi (BEL)
Mercedes-Benz 300 SLS #802, driven by Ricardo Rodríguez (MEX) and Juan Manuel Fangio (ARG) WRECKED

Team Cunningham (USA, Kinnikuniverse)
Mercedes-Benz 300 SLS #700, driven by Pedro Rodríguez (MEX)
pi314159

Post by pi314159 »

My track votes:

Spa-Francorchamps
Charade
Roskilde Ring
Eläintarha
Monza (with oval)
Goodwood
Bridgehampton
pasta_maldonado wrote:The stewards have recommended that Alan Jones learns to drive.
Miguel98

Post by Miguel98 »

American Racing will run the Chevrolet entry then. The drivers will be announced later on the week.
Mario on Gutierrez after the Italian Grand Prix wrote:He's no longer just a bit of a tool, he's the entire tool set.

18-07-2015: Forever in our hearts Jules.
25-08-2015: Forever in our hearts Justin.