1962 WSRC - season over, future unknown

The place for current RWRS universe and "canon" historical series
Kinnikuniverse

Re: 1962 WSRC - manufacturers available, entries by 11th Dec

Post by Kinnikuniverse »

FortiWinks wrote:
L’Equipe (translated) wrote:Alpine to replace Bianchi with Rosinski

Société Automobiles Alpine has today announced that Frenchman José Rosinski will join the team in the #110 car. The former Alfa Romeo factory driver who finished 3rd in last years’ GP Bruxelles and won the Grand Prix des Frontìeres this season arrives after Mauro Bianchi was released to join the new AMG Mercedes team in the GT 3.0 class.

“We are delighted to have a talented young driver like José join us for the remainder of the season” the team spokesman for Alpine said.

Alpine... (rest of copy is faded because printer ran out of ink)

So of course in other words

In: J.Rosinski
Out: M.Bianchi

OOC: those "news articles" types of posts are my favorite in these forums! how do you do that?
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klon »

Basically, you just "quote" whatever newspaper you want to use like you'd quote another user.

As example, here's the formatting of mine (obviously remove the umlauts):

[quöte="www.f1rumours.net"][sizê=156]More Information on Firestone Tender Revealed

[/size]News article[/quote]
Kinnikuniverse

Post by Kinnikuniverse »

is the next update on December 11th on race day? because I want to know if my entry is confirmed.
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

Kinnikuniverse wrote:is the next update on December 11th on race day? because I want to know if my entry is confirmed.

Your entry is confirmed. Just made the edits on the first page of this topic and the wiki.
Eurosport broadcast for the 1990 Mexican GP prequalifying:
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
Kinnikuniverse

Post by Kinnikuniverse »

Nuppiz wrote:
Kinnikuniverse wrote:is the next update on December 11th on race day? because I want to know if my entry is confirmed.

Your entry is confirmed. Just made the edits on the first page of this topic and the wiki.

thank you!

EDIT: just realised December 11th is the deadline for entries...does that mean the actual race is on December 15th? cause that's on my birthday!
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

Kinnikuniverse wrote:
Nuppiz wrote:

thank you!

EDIT: just realised December 11th is the deadline for entries...does that mean the actual race is on December 15th? cause that's on my birthday!

December 11th is simply the point where I start running the weekend. Running all 3-4 races for the different classes required might actually take me an entire week, depending on how much I feel like doing in one go.
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
Kinnikuniverse

Post by Kinnikuniverse »

yeah, setting up and running the races must be a real pain!

also, if I remember correctly, there is a GPRejects twitch channel for watching the races, right?
Bandon23

Post by Bandon23 »

Chester Automotive Racing will return to Mexico after a one race break with the same lineup as it was in Canada:

Lotus Elite Super 95 #68 | Chester Automotive Racing | David Buxton (GBR)
Lotus Elite Super 95 #69 | Chester Automotive Racing | Chris Kerrison (GBR)
Peteroli34

Post by Peteroli34 »

For Mexico Ford will enter the following

#900 Ford Falcon Holman & Moody Challenger 3 / Marvin Panch (USA)
#901 Ford Falcon Holman & Moody Challenger 3 / Jocko Maggiacomo (USA)
#902 Ford Falcon Holman & Moody Challenger 1 / Roy Pierpoint (GBR)
#903 Ford Falcon Holman & Moody Challenger 1 / Peter Revson (USA)
#904 Ford Falcon 260ci / Darel Dieringer (USA)

AC will enter the same combination from the previous race.
Kinnikuniverse

Post by Kinnikuniverse »

man, I feel bad for Pedro Rodriguez... there's only one day left and he's still doesn't have a ride...in his home race nonetheless.

i saw that the poster above controls both ford and AC Cars. can I, like, play as a second team so that Pedro gets a ride?
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

Kinnikuniverse wrote:also, if I remember correctly, there is a GPRejects twitch channel for watching the races, right?

I don't do live streams, instead I record highlights and post them on YouTube.

Kinnikuniverse wrote:man, I feel bad for Pedro Rodriguez... there's only one day left and he's still doesn't have a ride...in his home race nonetheless.

i saw that the poster above controls both ford and AC Cars. can I, like, play as a second team so that Pedro gets a ride?

There's very little time left so if you want to enter Pedro, you have to keep his entry very simple. There's practically no time for a special livery or anything.

Speaking of which:
Kinnikuniverse

Post by Kinnikuniverse »

Nuppiz wrote:
Kinnikuniverse wrote:also, if I remember correctly, there is a GPRejects twitch channel for watching the races, right?

I don't do live streams, instead I record highlights and post them on YouTube.

Kinnikuniverse wrote:man, I feel bad for Pedro Rodriguez... there's only one day left and he's still doesn't have a ride...in his home race nonetheless.

There's very little time left so if you want to enter Pedro, you have to keep his entry very simple. There's practically no time for a special livery or anything.

Speaking of which:

holy smokes! those liveries are awesome!! :pantano:

I've read in the introductory posts that there are some historical privateer teams that could be used. is team Cunningham available? since it's based in the US, it is theoretically the closest privateer team to Mexico.
Kinnikuniverse

Post by Kinnikuniverse »

while we're at it, is there any factory owners willing to lend a car to Pedro Rodriguez for the Mexico race? we don't have much time here!
Kinnikuniverse

Post by Kinnikuniverse »

alright, I might be too late but screw it, I need to fill the entry before going to bed!

TEAM CUNNINGHAM (USA)

- Pedro Rodriguez (MEX)
car number: if possible, we'd use #24, the same number that Pedro used while driving for NART. if not, then we'll use the number 700.

Car: Mercedes 300 SLS

the livery would be the base grey color of the Mercedes.
Gonzalez

Post by Gonzalez »

Last minute entries. Hopefully it's just in time.

Porsche and Shelby will return for Mexico with the same entries from the last round.
Kinnikuniverse

Post by Kinnikuniverse »

is the race still happening?
FortiWinks

Post by FortiWinks »

Kinnikuniverse wrote:is the race still happening?

Patience mate! Nuppiz is a very busy person which is why this has taken two years (three?) to complete so far.

But in character it takes a lot of effort to bring all the equipment over to Mexico, we’re running six cars remember! (Now thinking about it I might’ve over capitalised the Alpine program as we initially only had three cars :lol:)
Knows two facts about ducks and both of them are wrong
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

Yeah other stuff came up so I wasn't able to get anything done last week, and this week is looking quite iffy as well.

However, I only have work for the next two days after which I have the entire Christmas week off, so I should get something done over this weekend and the next.

The entries for Pedro Rodríguez, Porsche and Shelby have been acknowledged and accepted (I'll do the edits later). To ensure I actually get something done in the last days of this year, entries for Mexico are now definitively closed.
Kinnikuniverse

Post by Kinnikuniverse »

Nuppiz wrote:Yeah other stuff came up so I wasn't able to get anything done last week, and this week is looking quite iffy as well.

However, I only have work for the next two days after which I have the entire Christmas week off, so I should get something done over this weekend and the next.

The entries for Pedro Rodríguez, Porsche and Shelby have been acknowledged and accepted (I'll do the edits later). To ensure I actually get something done in the last days of this year, entries for Mexico are now definitively closed.

merry Christmas in advance! and to everyone else, for that matter!
Kinnikuniverse

Post by Kinnikuniverse »

hey guys! hope you're enjoying your holidays as much as I am right now! (Disney world, here I am!)

now, since we are technically nearing the end of this current season of the WSRC, I wonder: what's going to happen once the season ends? are we gonna jump right into season 2, or do we organise some sort of end-of-season council where we discuss what went right, what went wrong and talk about rule changes and stuff? cause I have a few ideas in mind.
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

1962 AMA Carrera Sprint de Ciudad de México, Autódromo de la Magdalena Mixhuca, Mexico City, Mexico, 12th-14th October 1962
GT 1.0 Qualifying

GT 1.0 Race

GT 1.6 & 2.0 Qualifying

GT 1.6 & 2.0 Race

GT 3.0 Qualifying

GT 3.0 Race

GT +3.0 Qualifying

GT +3.0 Race

No video as I already struggled enough with finding motivation to run this at all... so have a few screencaps instead.

Medical report
No major injuries to report.

Insurance report
#16 Lotus Elite Super 105 requires extensive repair work and cannot be used at the next race. The spare car has been drafted into service instead.
#23 Ferrari 250 GTO requires extensive repair work and cannot be used at the next race. The spare car originally prepared for NART has been drafted into service instead.
#90, #91 and #93 AC Ace 2.6/Vs all sustained considerable damage, but with spare parts cannibalized from Aces that were en route to Shelby to become Cobras the cars are running again.
#802 Mercedes-Benz 300 SLS was wrecked beyond repair. Luckily enough, Juan Manuel Fangio personally acquired the last remaining SLS in stock so his entry at the next race is secure.
#40 Shelby Cobra 260ci was wrecked beyond repair. With no spare car available, Álvaro Mazzacane Sr. cannot participate in the final round of the season.

Championship standings

Remember to check the inventory list for the current status of your cars and possible build projects.

Despite having plenty of time I simply didn't get around doing this properly. So I eventually decided to quick-run the races and take screencaps off the full replay. This style of running the races is a glimpse of what the future of WSRC might be, frankly there's very little point in running races in real-time to get video footage that is then watched by a single-digit group of people...

Entries for Buenos Aires are open until 17th February. After that is done I'll post an in-character news story to explain the missing footage from the last two weekends.
Kinnikuniverse

Re: 1962 WSRC - manufacturers available, entries by 17th Feb

Post by Kinnikuniverse »

Mein gott, what a sublime performance from Jackie! starting from 12th and finishing on the podium! I think we have a future superstar in our hands!

shame for Mauro and especially Ricardo...at least, he came out of it alive and well. thankfully we got a spare car for senor fangio!

let's hope Buenos Aires goes alot better for the rest of the team!
CaptainGetz12
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by CaptainGetz12 »

I like this screenshot format, it shows how diverse the grid is! If you feel this will let you keep the series going, I approve of this change.
Klon wrote:What did poor André do to you for him to be insulted like that?
Pinkd56
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Pinkd56 »

I also enjoy the new format as I find full race replays a bit too much to watch especially as there's no guarantee of anything interesting happening :P
Pinkd56
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Pinkd56 »

Scuderia Filipinetti would like to reenter the #515 for local driver Dante Emiliozzi (ARG) at Buenos Aires.
Gonzalez

Post by Gonzalez »

Porsche will enter Argentina with the same entries as previous race. Equipo Castelldefels will also make a return with a one car entry, just because it's Argentina and Bordeu is Argentinian.

#65 Ferrari 250 GT California Spyder / Equipo Castelldefels / Juan Manuel Bordeu (ARG)
Gertrand Bachot

Post by Gertrand Bachot »

Stick Volvo into the next race with whoever our drivers were (Trana and Andersson I think).
FortiWinks

Post by FortiWinks »

I liked the screenshots too, hurts to see my Alpines being caught up in a lot of damage though! (Luckily all repairable...)
Butterfox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Butterfox »

So écurie Francorchamps is still within a small chance of beating NART as best Ferrari privateer, can we beat them on home soil? Well, let's give it a try.
I don't know what i want and i want it now!
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: 1962 WSRC - season over, future unknown

Post by Nuppiz »

1962 ACA Carrera Sprint de Buenos Aires, Autódromo Municipal Ciudad de Buenos Aires, Buenos Aires, Argentina, 2nd-4th November 1962
GT 1.0 Qualifying

GT 1.0 Race

GT 1.6 & 2.0 Qualifying

GT 1.6 & 2.0 Race

GT 3.0 Qualifying

GT 3.0 Race

GT +3.0 Qualifying

GT +3.0 Race

Medical report
Fritz Hahnl, Jr. was severely injured, and it will be many months before he can race competitively again.
Jackie Stewart received fairly mild injures and will recover in time for the next season.
Juan Manuel Fangio was lucky to escape alive and still available to walk (once the fractures in his legs have healed, anyway). Thinking that next time he might not be so lucky, he has decided to permanently retire from competitive racing.

Insurance report
#103 BMW 700 RS was wrecked beyond repair.
#800 and #802 Mercedes-Benz 300 SLS were both wrecked beyond repair.

Championship standings

Remember to check the inventory list for the current status of your cars and possible build projects.

The Times, October 26th 1962 wrote:Argentine Navy sinks freighter by mistake

On Wednesday 5:23 AM, rogue elements of Argentine Navy belonging to the Colorados faction fired shells at the neutral freighter S/S Desastre some 40 kilometres off the coast of Argentina. It is believed that the personnel on the navy ship mistakenly identified the freighter as belonging to the rival Azures faction, and before the mistake had been noticed Desastre had already suffered terminal hull damage and eventually sunk at 8:52 AM. All passengers and crew on board successfully evacuated to lifeboats, but all cargo onboard was lost. Among other goods, the freighter was carrying camera and film equipment belonging to the auto racing series World Sprint Racing Championship, who are hosting their final race weekend of the season in Buenos Aires next weekend.

Story continues on Page 5...

The raw film reels from Mexico were also on that ship, if you were wondering...

Well that's it. Took me nearly 5 years to get one season done...

Folks on the Discord server might know I'm going through quite a bit of personal turmoil. It's nothing life-threatening, but most certainly it could be life-changing. So I cannot really say anything about if, when, how and where the next season might be run.
FortiWinks

Post by FortiWinks »

Just want to give a big thank you for running such a thorough well thought out series so wonderfully over the past few years!

I think I can speak for the forum saying that we hope things improve for you because you’ve contributed so much to this website and you deserve some good luck to come your way.
Kinnikuniverse

Post by Kinnikuniverse »

welp, that went pretty well for my team... :facepalm:

anyways, hope everything will be alright for you. I really enjoyed this series. it's simple and easy to get into without having any complicated rules!

if there ever is a season two, then Autosport Mannschaft Gelsenkirchen will definitely enter full-time, with Jackie and Mauro hopefully staying with us...with a different car, though, that's for sure!
CaptainGetz12
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by CaptainGetz12 »

Thank you for running this unique series and giving us a chance to try out these iconic sports cars. I wish you the best with your stuff IRL, and whenever it may be I look forward to what you could do next!
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

Thank you all for the kind words. While the series was well-thought and unique, it was very labor-intensive to run. So there will certainly be changes if there'll be another season. I might even change the game I'm running this on.

In hindsight this would've been perfect around the time I run LGPS, as we had a lot more people around and I also had a bit too much time on my hands. Nowadays we have much fewer people still interested in participating, and my free time is far more limited so often times I just prefer doing my own thing.

As for my personal stuff, I don't really have any "problems" in the traditional sense of things. I have a steady job, my physical health is better than in years thanks to a complete overhaul of my lifestyle habits, and even my mental health is somehow coping despite the intense pressure it's currently facing. The issue is more related to a core element of my own personal identity, and it's something that I've been forcing back for years but lately has gotten on the forefront and refuses to be forced back anymore.
CaptainGetz12
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by CaptainGetz12 »

Nuppiz wrote:Thank you all for the kind words. While the series was well-thought and unique, it was very labor-intensive to run. So there will certainly be changes if there'll be another season. I might even change the game I'm running this on.

In hindsight this would've been perfect around the time I run LGPS, as we had a lot more people around and I also had a bit too much time on my hands. Nowadays we have much fewer people still interested in participating, and my free time is far more limited so often times I just prefer doing my own thing.

As for my personal stuff, I don't really have any "problems" in the traditional sense of things. I have a steady job, my physical health is better than in years thanks to a complete overhaul of my lifestyle habits, and even my mental health is somehow coping despite the intense pressure it's currently facing. The issue is more related to a core element of my own personal identity, and it's something that I've been forcing back for years but lately has gotten on the forefront and refuses to be forced back anymore.

We are rooting for you, and wish you the best of luck! Your are always welcome around here!