Site Donor

Re: 1962 WSRC - three manufacturer teams left

Post by Nuppiz »

Some liveries:
Alfa Corse
Shelby American Inc.
TVR Cars Ltd.
Scuderia Filipinetti

Dexter249 wrote:Peter Harper (GBR) will drive the #46 for the British rounds after East London
While Sunbeam's Spare car will be Christened The #246 and will be driven by Australian Ross Farmer for all Australian Rounds after Round 1
The #44 and #45 will be at all rounds for the season

Peter Harper is already driving for Aston Martin. There are no Australian rounds after Round 1, so the #246 entry is null and void.

Also, you still can't have active entries in more than 6 races of the season...
Eurosport broadcast for the 1990 Mexican GP prequalifying:
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

Porsche System Engineering
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

Apologies Nuppiz, but I'm going to give up control of Aston Martin. I hope someone more committed than myself can snap them up.
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: 1962 WSRC - seven manufacturer teams left

Post by Nuppiz »

The final batch of cars has been converted, this time from Rally Trophy (except the Daimler which is from GT Legends). I doubt there'll be any more new models for the 1962 season. The following new models are now available:

• Daimler 250 (found under the Jaguar brand)
  • Fiat 2300 Berlina
  • Citroën DS Series II NEW MANUFACTURER
  • Mercedes-Benz W111/W112
  • MG 1100
  • MG B
  • Peugeot 404 NEW MANUFACTURER
  • Saab 96 Sport NEW MANUFACTURER

Details on all of the cars and their variants can be found here: viewtopic.php?p=337502#p337502

The following manufacturer teams are still up for grabs. At the time being I don't think we'll get enough users for each manufacturer to be run by separate people, I'm temporarily allowing people to take on a second manufacturer team. However, should a user without any manufacturer team come asking for one, then someone running two manufacturers must relinquish control over one of them.

Aston Martin
Citroën
Fiat-Abarth
Ford
Morgan
Peugeot
Saab
Volkswagen
Bobby Doorknobs

Post by Bobby Doorknobs »

I'll be happy to take Aston Martin for the time being, drivers to be sorted hopefully tomorrow.
#FreeGonzo
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

Simtek wrote:I'll be happy to take Aston Martin for the time being, drivers to be sorted hopefully tomorrow.

Well, you could just use the ones Ataxia picked before he left. See this post: viewtopic.php?p=338556#p338556. Anyone else taking over a manufacturer should also check out that post for any possible plans made by the previous owner.

Also, since the BMC model lineup has now grown to an absolutely humongous size, I'll allow them to enter a maximum of eight cars instead of five. Three under the Donald Healey Motor Company entry (i.e. Austin-Healey 3000 and Sprite) and five under the British Motor Corporation entry (i.e. all MG models and the Mini). Also, the MG A's production will end in May (just after the Monza round) and the production of the MG B will commence at the same time.
CaptainGetz12
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by CaptainGetz12 »

Nuppiz wrote:
Simtek wrote:I'll be happy to take Aston Martin for the time being, drivers to be sorted hopefully tomorrow.

Well, you could just use the once Ataxia picked before he left. See this post: viewtopic.php?p=338556#p338556. Anyone else taking over a manufacturer should also check out that post for any possible plans made by the previous owner.

Also, since the BMC model lineup has now grown to an absolutely humongous size, I'll allow them to enter a maximum of eight cars instead of five. Three under the Donald Healey Motor Company entry (i.e. Austin-Healey 3000 and Sprite) and five under the British Motor Corporation entry (i.e. all MG models and the Mini). Also, the MG A's production will end in May (just after the Monza round) and the production of the MG B will commence at the same time.

I allow the selling of MG 1100 to customers, both the stock and the Cooper version. I will reserve one 1100 Cooper for BMC itself however, and will post it's entry once I find a suitable driver.

Note that the 1100 will not be available until October, so I may change it's plans as the date approaches.
Klon wrote:What did poor André do to you for him to be insulted like that?
Peteroli34

Re: 1962 WSRC - six manufacturer teams left

Post by Peteroli34 »

If we are able to pick up a second works team i wouldn't mind running Ford such a big manufacturer with no entries.
DemocalypseNow

Re: 1962 WSRC - five manufacturer teams left

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Lord Montgomery Sterling has consulted his most esteemed partners, and elected to enter WSRC as the factory effort for Morgan. Good British engineering, none of this foreign garbage from bongo bomngo land!
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
Bobby Doorknobs

Post by Bobby Doorknobs »

Nuppiz wrote:

Well, you could just use the ones Ataxia picked before he left. See this post: viewtopic.php?p=338556#p338556. Anyone else taking over a manufacturer should also check out that post for any possible plans made by the previous owner.

Ah, well, in that case, I shall carry on with it as the previous owner would have intended!
#FreeGonzo
Rated
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: 1962 WSRC - four manufacturer teams left

Post by Rated »

I will take control of Citroën if nobody else wants it. (Once I come back with an internet connection.)
BORDAS BORDAS BORDAS
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

Fiat-Abarth is still up for grabs.

The following teams need to submit liveries/livery plans before this can begin. Teams marked with an * also haven't submitted any driver bids. Naturally, both of these also have to be done by whomever takes over one of the remaining factory efforts.

British Motor Corporation (CaptainGetz12, just the MG Midget needs to be redone)
Citroën S.A. (Rated)*
Morgan Motor Company (Biscione)
AB Volvo (SuperAguri)*

Privateers are not necessarily required to be ready for the first race, however the following entrants are still missing liveries:
Zimmer Racing Enterprises (The Masked Lapwing)
Jens König (Rated)
Gilberte Thirion (Normal32)
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klon »

Regrettably, I will have to give Abarth Corse SpA up, I fear I do not possess the required passion to run them properly.

As far as Leonhard von Gottorp's livery is concerned, just give him a mono-coloured car in some fancy variation of silver.
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Morgan will build three Plus 4 Super Sports Lawrence Tune models - two for immediate use, and one kept for backup purposes.

We will make the following entries for East London, Monza, Rouen, Brands Hatch, Spa-Francorchamps and Roskilde;

#25 - Plus 4 SS (LT) - Lord Montgomery Sterling (GBR)
#26 - Plus 4 SS (LT) - See below

We will make offers for the following drivers for the second seat;

Jackie Stewart
Geoff Richardson
Richard Shepherd-Barron
Chris Lawrence

Image Image
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

Biscione wrote:We will make offers for the following drivers for the second seat;

Jackie Stewart
Geoff Richardson
Richard Shepherd-Barron
Chris Lawrence

I'll hold an RNG for these drivers in 48 hours, to give others the chance to sign them as well.

We have a brand-spanking new wiki page now, currently listing all cars that have active entries in some form. If you could add links to any fictional drivers and teams I missed, that'd be great. Also, if you know how to edit the wiki, please add whatever additional entries you announce in this topic to the wiki page as well to ease some of my workload.
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

I have amended the liveries for the NART 250 GTOs. The front end has been touched up, and the number on Pabst's car has been corrected to #18. *Shakes first at Jens König*.

Link to updated liveries here.

The Morgan Plus 4's will be done once the second driver is confirmed.

Image Image
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

Klon wrote:Regrettably, I will have to give Abarth Corse SpA up, I fear I do not possess the required passion to run them properly.

As far as Leonhard von Gottorp's livery is concerned, just give him a mono-coloured car in some fancy variation of silver.

Duly noted, that means we're back to four vacant manufacturer teams. Is this mono-coloured enough?

The race calendar and results tables have been added on the wiki page, along with info about the points calculation method. I've also added interwiki links to all known fictional teams and drivers. There's a few things worthy of a notion:

• The entrant and driver lists only include currently active entries. All entrants and drivers that exist at the moment but haven't entered any races yet are not included, and will only be listed when they have at least one active entry.
  • The manufacturers championship tables include all manufacturers (even the ones that currently have no owner) in their most likely (or only possible) classes. The tables don't take into account all of the possible engine/class options, for example the Ferrari 330 GTO in the +3.0 class or some of the Triumph models in the 3.0 class - these will be added should any of the less-likely options be entered in a race.
  • Likewise, the drivers championship tables only include drivers that are currently entered in at least one race.
  • There is no teams championship due to the potentially high amount of privateers and also because most championships around this era didn't feature one.
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

BMW would like to make offers to the following drivers:

#101 - Hubert Hahne
#102 - Walter Schneider
#103 - Fritz Hahnl, Jr.
#104 - Sepp Liebl

To clear things up, I am attempting to sign all four of these drivers. I will decide whether I want to sign other drivers after any RNGs have been run.

I will enter individual races once I'm sure I have all my drivers.
kevinbotz wrote:Cantonese is a completely nonsensical f*cking alien language masquerading as some grossly bastardised form of Chinese

Gonzo wrote:Wasn't there some sort of communisim in the East part of Germany?
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

I realised some teams have reserve drivers in place, and Ferrari do not. So we'll go ahead and offer the position to Jo Siffert.

Image Image
Normal32

Post by Normal32 »

Gilberte Thirion would like to ask for a Mercedes-Benz 300 SLS for use in the Spa-Francorchamps round.
Pasta_maldonado wrote:I think normal32 is an old English farmer re-incarnated
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

Biscione wrote:We will make offers for the following drivers for the second seat;

Jackie Stewart
Geoff Richardson
Richard Shepherd-Barron
Chris Lawrence

Jackie Stewart
1-35 thinks he's ready to be a factory driver in an international series
36-50 would be ready for a couple of one-offs, but doesn't want to lock himself in one contract just yet
51-100 prefers to accumulate experience in local races
91, Stewart thinks he's too inexperienced for the role yet.

Geoff Richardson is signed automatically.
Peteroli34

Post by Peteroli34 »

Ford will keep all drivers already signed for the team and will run the cars in the traditional US racing colours. Ford will enter all races that they are able to enter at this moment in time.
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

tommykl wrote:BMW would like to make offers to the following drivers:

#101 - Hubert Hahne
#102 - Walter Schneider
#103 - Fritz Hahnl, Jr.
#104 - Sepp Liebl

To clear things up, I am attempting to sign all four of these drivers. I will decide whether I want to sign other drivers after any RNGs have been run.

I will enter individual races once I'm sure I have all my drivers.

Biscione wrote:I realised some teams have reserve drivers in place, and Ferrari do not. So we'll go ahead and offer the position to Jo Siffert.

All drivers requested are eligible (Siffert just barely). The standard 48-hour waiting period applies to both of these bids.
This Could Be You

Post by This Could Be You »

I'll take Saab if you want- what to I need to prepare?
Your Signature Here

Named after HRT, now on HRT
V8fan12

Post by V8fan12 »

I'll put my hand up for Peugeot
Owner of the Peak Motorsport Group.

Biscione wrote:I mean, Renaldo Jimenez, could you ask for a more world class pay driver? Who even is Alexey Buyvolov, amirite?
TheFlyingCaterham

Post by TheFlyingCaterham »

I'll have a go with Volkswagen, why not.

Also, I would've changed this myself if I had an account, but on the wiki page you've got the Brands Hatch round listed as being run at Warwick Farm.
Resident Track Designer Addict

2016 F1Rejects Track Designing Competition Champion
2017 F1Rejects Track Designing Competition Runner-Up

More of a reader than a poster on these forums, so I won't post much compared to others.
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

This Could Be You wrote:I'll take Saab if you want- what to I need to prepare?

• Decide what car models/model variants you want to build and how many
  • Pick racing numbers
  • Make the livery/livery plans (basically pick one or two car colours)
  • Make driver bids
  • Enter races once you know which drivers you've managed to sign

The same list applies to V8fan12 and TheFlyingCaterham as well, of course. Make sure to read the rules.
V8fan12

Re: 1962 WSRC - Fiat-Abarth manufacturer team left

Post by V8fan12 »

Peugeot plans:

Build: three 404 Super Luxe Injections and one 404 Rallye

Car numbers: #43, #80 (Super Luxe Injections), #94 (Rallye), one spare car unnumbered (Super Luxe Injection)

Livery plan: white car, blue bonnet, black numbers

Driver bids:
Car #43 Super Luxe Injection - Joop Heidendahl (NED)
Car #80 Super Luxe Injection - Fernand Tavano (FRA)
Car #94 Rallye - Jo Schlesser (FRA)

Races: TBC

Biscione wrote:I mean, Renaldo Jimenez, could you ask for a more world class pay driver? Who even is Alexey Buyvolov, amirite?
This Could Be You

Saab AB:

Cars:
#96 Saab 96 Rally
#960 Saab 96 Rally
#961 Saab 96 Sport
#962 Saab 96 Sport

Spare:
2x Saab 96 Rally

Drivers:
#96 Bo Ljungfeldt (SWE) - Real
#960 Freddy Kottulinsky (SWE) -Real
#961 Per Olsen (NOR) - Fictional
#962 Bjorn Larsen (SWE) - Fictional

Liveries (sorry about their roughness, also the only real difference between them is the race #):
'wing' section
UPDATE: fixed #960-2 liveries- there was a small fault on them.

Please tell me if I have got anything wrong
Last edited by This Could Be You on 07 Oct 2016, 19:28, edited 2 times in total.
Your Signature Here

DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

I would like to make a one-off privateer entry for Bib Stillwell at Warwick Farm. We would like to buy a racing limited version of the E-Type from Jaguar, but if this is declined, we will use one of the stock versions from Stillwell's dealership.

Image Image
TheFlyingCaterham

Post by TheFlyingCaterham »

Volkswagenwerk AG Entries:

#52 VW Karrman Ghia Super 90 driven by Gerhard Mitter (FRG) - Real
#53 VW Karrman Ghia 1500 driven by Helmut Busch (FRG) - Real
#54 VW Karrman Ghia 1500 driven by Peder Larssonn (DEN) - Fictional

Volkswagen also plan on making two spare 1500s.
As for the livery, it will use the same template as the image on the post with all the info on the cars, except with the red being a light silver and the gray stripes on the side being a pale, dark blue.
We will enter the first three races for the time being, with all three of our drivers.

Here's hoping I haven't messed anything up
Resident Track Designer Addict

2016 F1Rejects Track Designing Competition Champion
2017 F1Rejects Track Designing Competition Runner-Up

More of a reader than a poster on these forums, so I won't post much compared to others.
kevinbotz

Post by kevinbotz »

Jaguar would be willing to provide an E-Type Racing for Mr. Stillwell.
Klon, on Alt-F1 wrote: I like to think it's more poker than gambling, though.
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

V8fan12 wrote:Peugeot plans:

Build: three 404 Super Luxe Injections and one 404 Rallye

Car numbers: #43, #80 (Super Luxe Injections), #94 (Rallye), one spare car unnumbered (Super Luxe Injection)

Livery plan: white car, blue bonnet, black numbers

Driver bids:
Car #43 Super Luxe Injection - Joop Heidendahl (NED)
Car #80 Super Luxe Injection - Fernand Tavano (FRA)
Car #94 Rallye - Jo Schlesser (FRA)

Races: TBC

Looks OK. I'll work on the livery later.

This Could Be You wrote:Saab AB:

Cars:
#96 Saab 96 Rally
#960 Saab 96 Rally
#961 Saab 96 Sport
#962 Saab 96 Sport

Spare:
2x Saab 96 Rally

Drivers:
#96 Bo Ljungfeldt (SWE) - Real
#960 Freddy Kottulinsky (SWE) -Real
#961 Per Olsen (NOR) - Fictional
#962 Bjorn Larsen (SWE) - Fictional

Liveries (sorry about their roughness, also the only real difference between them is the race #):
'wing' section
UPDATE: fixed #960-2 liveries- there was a small fault on them.

Please tell me if I have got anything wrong

The entry itself looks OK.

Here's a preview of the #96. Like you said, it's quite rough - the yellow looks out of place, and there's a bit of red from the original livery remaining near some of the lines.

The new link ot the #962 has the #961 instead.
TheFlyingCaterham wrote:Volkswagenwerk AG Entries:

#52 VW Karrman Ghia Super 90 driven by Gerhard Mitter (FRG) - Real
#53 VW Karrman Ghia 1500 driven by Helmut Busch (FRG) - Real
#54 VW Karrman Ghia 1500 driven by Peder Larssonn (DEN) - Fictional

Volkswagen also plan on making two spare 1500s.
As for the livery, it will use the same template as the image on the post with all the info on the cars, except with the red being a light silver and the gray stripes on the side being a pale, dark blue.
We will enter the first three races for the time being, with all three of our drivers.

Here's hoping I haven't messed anything up

Everything seems to be in order. Livery will be made later.

As before, all driver bids will have a 48-hour waiting period to allow others to also make bids on the same drivers.
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

As his regular choice of numbers - #44 and #56 - are both unavailable, Stillwell will instead use #444 for his privateer entry.

Image Image
This Could Be You

:facepalm: That turned out badly. I'll try again to make something that doesn't look like so awful, and is a little neater (The 96 is a hard car to paint). Also, do you have any idea where the vents are on the car template- I couldn't see them
Your Signature Here

Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

This Could Be You wrote:Image

:facepalm: That turned out badly. I'll try again to make something that doesn't look like so awful, and is a little neater (The 96 is a hard car to paint). Also, do you have any idea where the vents are on the car template- I couldn't see them

The hood vents are the three narrow bands of red (blue in your current livery) between the trunk and hood textures, just below the mirrors.

Here's my take on the Peugeot and Volkswagen liveries:
This Could Be You

Here's the emergency backup livery i've just made, for car 961 (I'll do the others later). Basically I've removed the yellow (I simply could get it to match the lines of the car nicely), purged the car of red bits and replaced the SAAB logos on the side with better fitting ones. It's bland, but at least it's probably less hideous.
Your Signature Here

V8fan12

Post by V8fan12 »

Nuppiz wrote:Here's my take on the Peugeot and Volkswagen liveries:

Looks good! Thanks :)

Now for race entries, we will enter all three cars in the first 6 races as active entries.

Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

This Could Be You wrote:Here's the emergency backup livery i've just made, for car 961 (I'll do the others later). Basically I've removed the yellow (I simply could get it to match the lines of the car nicely), purged the car of red bits and replaced the SAAB logos on the side with better fitting ones. It's bland, but at least it's probably less hideous.

Looks much better:
This Could Be You

Phew! I'll get on with the other three cars then. As for entries, we will enter all four cars in the first four races for now.

UPDATE: Here are the other three revised liveries. As you inferred, the wing section is still the same as the first version.
Your Signature Here