2019-20 Formula 5000 Season - Round 11 Up

The place for current RWRS universe and "canon" historical series
CarloSpace
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: 2019-20 Formula 5000 Season - Round 4 Up

Post by CarloSpace »

Why was #19 Nesia car not included in the Vodafone RNG and there's no resolution on the Emu Bitter offer? :?

e. Nevermind, I did the maths and the #19 car actually has sponsorship figured out although the last post says the team only has sponsors for 15/18 races.
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

CarloSpace wrote:Why was #19 Nesia car not included in the Vodafone RNG and there's no resolution on the Emu Bitter offer? :?

e. Nevermind, I did the maths and the #19 car actually has sponsorship figured out although the last post says the team only has sponsors for 15/18 races.

My bad, math is hard sometimes. You do indeed have 18/18 races covered
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Speedcafe wrote:Ricciardo to guest star in F5000 during off-season?

The F5000 paddock is in a fervent mood following rumours of Formula 1 world champion Daniel Ricciardo returning to Australia to compete in select off-season events.

F5000 team owner Tim Horan is said to be in advanced negotiations with Ricciardo to race in five rounds of the championship towards the end of the calendar year - effectively mid-season for the unusual F5K calendar - with Red Bull Sugarfree mooted to be coming onboard to back the deal financially and offset his considerable wages.

Horan did little to quash speculation, indicating a deal was on the precipice of completion in the coming days.

"We're looking to expand the second car to run more than only nine races," he said. "We're talking to some drivers at the moment, including one who has a very high profile in single seaters. We're close to shaking hands on a deal to get him in the car for a few races.

With a return to Australian racing circuits over the course of several events on the cards, the series organiser Full Throttle Motorsport Promotions are said to be involved in ensuring the deal goes through, given the potentially huge boost to ticket sales and TV ratings for the rounds in which Ricciardo may be involved.

The Horan team are also expected to bring in pay-drivers to fill the remaining vacant rounds for the expanded #555 team, including former F1 driver Kazuki Fushida for the Fuji round.
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

Red Bull Sugafree
1-50 - 5 races with #55 Horan
51-90 - 3 races with #55 Horan
91-100 - none

Daniel Ricciardo
1-40 - sign as is
41-85 - sign but chooses schedule
86-100 - declines

Speedcafe wrote:Ricciardo returns home for Formula 5000

Australian Formula 1 world champion Daniel Ricciardo set the racing world alight overnight, announcing that he will be running a five race schedule in the Australian Formula 5000 series this season for Horan Racing. The current Calinetic driver has been beset by misfortune and uncompetitive cars in recent years, but has still maintained his status as one of the top drivers in the sport.

Red Bull have helped facilitate the deal by providing funding to the team, which was greenlighted by Formula 5000 promoters, Full Throttle Motorsport Promotions, late last night. As a former member of the Red Bull Young Driver program, Ricciardo has previously won the Formula Renualt 3.5 and 2.0 championships, and sensationally won the 2015 F1 title in his debut season with McLaren.

"It's amazing to bring someone of Daniel's talent into the fold, and we'll do everything we can to welcome him," beamed Formula 5000 series manager and Full Throttle CEO Jackson Donaldson. "Fans back in Australia have been with him through thick and thin, and they're all excited to see what he can do in equal machinery."

A full press conference with Horan Racing Team Owner Tim Horan and Ricciardo is scheduled to take place in Melbourne later this afternoon.

As I mentioned before, I do reward creativity so don't be afraid to throw ideas out there
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
Normal32

Post by Normal32 »

Speedcafe wrote:Mann to guess at F5000 in Macau with Holden?

Following the signing of Valvoline as a sponsor, Triple 8 Race Engineering has been rumoured to be "in negotiations" with 15-year old driver and F4/F3 champion Sabrina Mann. Given Mann's status as a protege of famous Australian 4-time F1 champion Daniel Melrose, and the fact last season he raced with Holden, it is no wonder he might be trying to lobby her into the works team.

When asked about this, Roland Dane had this to say: "Mann would be a great addition to the roster. She is a very gifted driver, of which I would love to see on track." "Melrose has been difficult to deal with, but we have to set aside our differences in order to get her a seat." "Our team is the best of the best, which is what she deserves."

He further added; "This would be valuable experience for her, and I hope Daniel and I can come to a compromise on the matter."

Pasta_maldonado wrote:I think normal32 is an old English farmer re-incarnated
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Speedcafe wrote:Ricciardo signing a boost for the whole team - Horan

Tim Horan, team principal of the eponymous Horan Racing outfit in the F5000 championship, has hailed the impact of recent signing Daniel Ricciardo on his team's morale.

The Australian's team has struggled for form in the opening four rounds of the season, with sole driver Michael Robertson struggling to consistently battle for podiums as was expected of the former ARWS and F1RICS driver.

Now, with Formula 1 world champion Daniel Ricciardo signed to race in five events during the F1 off-season, Horan has described the positive impact the recent signing has had on the whole organisation.

"Getting one of the greats of Australian motorsport, not just in recent times but in racing history, has been a massive boost for everyone in the factory. It validates the work we are doing, even if the results haven't starting coming yet."

He is one of two recent signings the team has made, with another former ARWS racer Dean O'Lauchlan joining the team in a second car from the next round onwards, sharing seat time with lead driver Robertson and team owner Horan.

"We started the year small, but we're getting bigger and better in a hurry. Daniel coming onboard is just another indicator of that. He's put his faith in us by choosing to run with us over some of the factory teams and bigger independents, and we're putting our faith in him to deliver and challenge for wins. He certainly has the talent for it."

Ricciardo will make his F5000 debut at Macau in mid-November - sandwiched between the penultimate and final rounds of the F1 season - followed by four appearances in Australia at Jangka-Mardarni, Phillip Island, Sydney Motorsport Park and Canberra.

NEW SCHEDULES FOR HORAN RACING

Round 5 | Penrith | #55 Michael Robertson | #555 Dean O'Lauchlan
Round 6 | Shanghai | #55 Michael Robertson | #555 Dean O'Lauchlan
Round 7 | Fuji | #55 Michael Robertson | #555 Dean O'Lauchlan
Round 8 | Macau | #55 Daniel Ricciardo | #555 Michael Robertson
Round 9 | Sepang | #55 Michael Robertson | #555 Dean O'Lauchlan
Round 10 | North Shore | #55 Dean O'Lauchlan | #555 Michael Robertson
Round 11 | Jangka-Mardarni | #55 Daniel Ricciardo | #555 Michael Robertson
Round 12 | Phillip Island | #55 Daniel Ricciardo | #555 Michael Robertson
Round 13 | Sydney | #55 Daniel Ricciardo | #555 Michael Robertson
Round 14 | Canberra | #55 Daniel Ricciardo | #555 Michael Robertson
Round 15 | Bathurst | #55 Michael Robertson | #555 Dean O'Lauchlan
Round 16 | Surfers Paradise | #55 Michael Robertson | #555 Tim Horan
Round 17 | Adelaide | #55 Michael Robertson | #555 Tim Horan
Round 18 | Melbourne | #55 Michael Robertson | #555 Tim Horan

Image Image
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

Ye Yifei
1-95 #24 Peak
96-100 declines

Aaren Russell
1-20 accepts as is
21-50 wants six races
51-90 wants more than six races
91-100 waits for other offers

Dean Fiore
1-80 accepts as is
81-95 wants more races
96-100 declines
V8fan12

Post by V8fan12 »

Peak will counter-offer Russell another round at Jangka-Mardarni in addition to the rounds that were originally offered.
Owner of the Peak Motorsport Group.

Biscione wrote:I mean, Renaldo Jimenez, could you ask for a more world class pay driver? Who even is Alexey Buyvolov, amirite?
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

Aaron Russell
1-20 - Accepts as is
21-85 - Wants to do Fuji instead
86-100 - Wants to do both

Sabrina Mann also accepts Triple 8's offer for a one-off at Macau
V8fan12

Post by V8fan12 »

Wizzie wrote:Aaron Russell
1-20 - Accepts as is
21-85 - Wants to do Fuji instead
86-100 - Wants to do both

We accept Russell's counter-offer
Owner of the Peak Motorsport Group.

Biscione wrote:I mean, Renaldo Jimenez, could you ask for a more world class pay driver? Who even is Alexey Buyvolov, amirite?
Bandon23

Post by Bandon23 »

Extereme Prototype Racing's schedule:

#28 - Klark Quinn
Round 7 - Fuji
Round 15 - Canberra
Round 16 - Surfers Paradise
Round 18 - Melbourne

#29 - Paul Dumbrell
Round 9 - Sepang
Round 12 - Phillip Island
Round 15 - Canberra
Round 16 - Surfers Paradise
RonDenisDeletraz

Post by RonDenisDeletraz »

Due to financial constraints, Motorsport Projects will slim down to one car for the foreseeable future. Only Aaron Watson will compete in the four upcoming Asian flyaway rounds, Muirhead will return for NZ. Will decide on plans for the rest of the season later.
aerond wrote:Yes RDD, but we always knew you never had any sort of taste either :P

tommykl wrote:I have a shite car and meme sponsors, but Corrado Fabi will carry me to the promised land with the power of Lionel Richie.
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by pasta_maldonado »

Can we still apply for new sponsors?
Klon wrote:more liek Nick Ass-idy amirite?
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Save the Koala Racing approaches Vodafone, Brembo, sellmycar.com.au, Valvoline and Tiger Airways for sponsorship.
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

Race 1, 2 and 3 results

Race 1 Commentary
Race 2 Commentary
Race 3 Commentary

Renee Gracie Injury RNG
1-20 - Concussion, Severe Bruising - back in time for the next round in 3 weeks
21-50 - Fractured scapula - out 4-8 weeks
61-90 - Fractured collarbone - out 8-12 weeks
91-100 - Fractured vertebre - out 12-16 weeks

1-20 - 8 weeks
21-40 - 9 weeks
41-60 - 10 weeks
61-80 - 11 weeks
81-100 - 12 weeks
TomWazzleshaw

Re: 2019-20 Formula 5000 Season - Round 6, 7, 8 Up

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

RonDenisDeletraz

Re: 2019-20 Formula 5000 Season - Round 9 Up

Post by RonDenisDeletraz »

Aaron Watson will sit out the next two rounds, Muirhead will return
aerond wrote:Yes RDD, but we always knew you never had any sort of taste either :P

tommykl wrote:I have a shite car and meme sponsors, but Corrado Fabi will carry me to the promised land with the power of Lionel Richie.
TomWazzleshaw

Re: 2019-20 Formula 5000 Season - Round 9 Up

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

CarloSpace
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: 2019-20 Formula 5000 Season - Round 10 Up

Post by CarloSpace »

Incredible stuff from Simonsen! We were just hoping he'd enjoy his debut and gain experience but the kid looks to be a real deal!

Are there any sponsor deals left for us to give Simonsen more rounds this season? We have only scheduled 7 of possible 9 rounds allowed for part-time entries and thus would like to run Simonsen in the final two rounds if possible :)
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Danny Ric showing how it's done. But what on earth was Robertson doing?! While Ricciardo was drinking from his shoe, was Michael trying to eat his?

Image Image
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

CarloSpace wrote:Incredible stuff from Simonsen! We were just hoping he'd enjoy his debut and gain experience but the kid looks to be a real deal!

Are there any sponsor deals left for us to give Simonsen more rounds this season? We have only scheduled 7 of possible 9 rounds allowed for part-time entries and thus would like to run Simonsen in the final two rounds if possible :)

Refer to the spreadsheet here, make up some convincing storyline and I'll happily roll for it

Speaking of Rolls:

Vodafone
1-85 - #0 STKR
86-100 - Declines
80 - Vodafine signs with the #0 STKR car

As a result, Belcher will be in the #0 car for rounds 16 through 18. Raghunathan will be moved back into the #839 for those rounds
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

speedcafe.com.au wrote:Belcher to complete F5000 superseason thanks to backing from Vodafone

Save The Koala Racing have announced that promising young driver Seamus Belcher will complete the 2019-2020 F5000 superseason, thanks to new backing from telco Vodafone. This announcement comes after a run of impressive performances from the young Aussie, who made the jump from Anglo-Irish Formula 4 this season.

It is heavily rumoured that Belcher will be offered a contract renewal at the team for next season.
CarloSpace
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by CarloSpace »

More rounds for Simonsen?

Nesia Racing Enterprises' talented young kiwi Mason Simonsen is close to signing a two-race extension with the team according to sources close to the team management.

Simonsen, 22, who made his debut in F5000 at his home circuit North Shore Aerodrome in December, has reportedly negotiated with New Zealander beverage company Speights who have been looking to sponsor up-and-coming local talent.

The team still has a deal in place to run Australian Brenton Grove for the next three rounds in the #39 entry. Should the deal materialise, Simonsen would be in line to contest the last two rounds of the championship.

Neither Simonsen nor the team were willing to comment on the speculation.

In short: we'd like to offer Simonsen a deal to rounds 17&18 with Speights sponsorship.
Miguel98

Post by Miguel98 »

We want Valvoline's sponsorship for the remaining races of the year. If we can't get it, then Tiger Airways is where we go.
Mario on Gutierrez after the Italian Grand Prix wrote:He's no longer just a bit of a tool, he's the entire tool set.

18-07-2015: Forever in our hearts Jules.
25-08-2015: Forever in our hearts Justin.
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

Speights signs with the #39 Nesia for 2 races
Tiger Airways signs with the #41 BRM for 2 races

Standings after Round 11

Race 1 Commentary
Race 2 Commentary
Race 3 Commentary
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: 2019-20 Formula 5000 Season - Round 11 Up

Post by Klon »

Rejectsport wrote:RRB-GP/VP to Reappear in Formula 5000

In a press statement, Edgell Performance Racing, who had so far only competed in both Chinese rounds of the 2019-2020 Formula 5000 season are looking to enter three more championship rounds. The team already confirmed a partnership with Russian Robotics to again enter RRB-GP/VP, this time at the Mount Panorama Circuit. According to rumours, that entry is to be sponsored by Regional Express Airlines

The team is also in negotiations with former Dunlop Super2 Series driver Bryce Fullwood regarding entries into the following rounds at the Gold Coast and Albert Park. These negotiations were confirmed in the statement, but it was also emphasised that no agreement was reached yet between the two parties. Fullwood is said to bring a minor sponsorship package from Middy's with him, which would be required to finance said entry.