Alt-1958: Season finished!

The place for current RWRS universe and "canon" historical series
kevinbotz

Re: Alt-1958: Enter France!

Post by kevinbotz »

The Times wrote:Failed racing team manager sued for libel

Barrister Sir Conrad Sutherland filed papers to initiate litigation against Mr. Guillon Bachot for libel, earlier this evening, on behalf of his client, noted industrialist Sir Edward Palmerston. Mr. Bachot employed several vulgarities in comments made to a national publication when referencing Palmerston's racing team, and Palmerston himself indirectly.

"Mr. Bachot is a deeply reprehensible character, of a disgraceful upbringing and even poorer faculties." Sutherland commented to the Times' court reporter after he exited the Law Courts. "Sir Palmerston's character has been impugned by such boorish and crass accusations, and I've every bit of confidence that the courts shall deliver satisfaction."
Klon, on Alt-F1 wrote: I like to think it's more poker than gambling, though.
Gertrand Bachot

Post by Gertrand Bachot »

delete this pls
Last edited by Gertrand Bachot on 23 Mar 2018, 15:00, edited 1 time in total.
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Ferrari manager Bizzarri: "Why sue them when you can beat them?"

Scuderia Ferrari team manager Simone Bizzarri issued a stinging rebuttal to both parties involved in the ongoing war of words between eponymous Formula 1 team owner Guillion Bachot and B.C.M.A. owner Sir Edward Palmerston.

Small privateer team Ecurie Bachot reacted with seething rage to works teams B.C.M.A. and O.S.C.A. sending out five car teams for a second consecutive grand prix, threatening to sue both team without specifying on what terms he would be litigating.

Fellow manufacturer outfit Scuderia Ferrari, who has entered four cars for the same races B.C.M.A. and O.S.C.A. has entered five, has controversially suggested both parties are in the wrong.

"To enter five cars on multiple occasions? This is extreme," said Bizzarri of the works team duo's approach. "For a special event, or as a last-ditch move to rescue a championship, sure, I understand. We have entered many cars for the Italian Grand Prix in the past, for example, but this is a rare exception, not a regularity."

"But Mr Bachot is also delusional. What are you to sue for? They haven't broken any rules. The argument is a non-starter."

"There's no reason to waste time with any of this. Why sue them when you can beat them on the track with less cars? This is the Ferrari way. We are leading both championships and also won a non-championship race already with our new car, on every occasion outnumbered by B.C.M.A."

Scuderia Ferrari have entered the same line-up for the second race in a row heading to the French Grand Prix, championship leader Peter Collins partnered with last year's championship second runner-up Umberto Maglioli, Onofre Marimon and American youngster Masten Gregory.
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
Gertrand Bachot

delete this pls
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

Autosport wrote:Vandervell considers pulling out of Formula One

Industrial magnate Tony Vandervell, owner of the Vanwall Grand Prix team, has admitted that the team's subpar results have made him consider quitting the sport.

"There's no bloody point in continuing if something doesn't change and fast. I'm throwing in wads of cash towards developing racing cars and hiring the best drivers our great nation has to offer, yet most of the time my team can barely even make the grid. The chances of even qualifying for a race are getting slimmer each day as a certain select group of manufacturers with dominant cars fill the entry lists in increasing numbers, leaving smaller manufacturers and privateers little hope of making the races. It really makes me think of shutting down the whole operation if losses keep incurring at this rate."

"Of course we could've made some things different in the past and we would be in a much better situation. The big issue is that us smaller teams can't improve because the little prize money that is left in the race organiser's kitty once the big boys have taken their share is barely enough to cover the costs of entering the whole damn thing. Sometimes not even that."

"At the end of the day though, I'm a capitalist and by no means am I suggesting that less fortunate teams should receive extra funding - that stinks like communism. I'm just worried that the quality of racing and competition might suffer if the entry lists start to look as monotonous as this."
Eurosport broadcast for the 1990 Mexican GP prequalifying:
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
kevinbotz

Post by kevinbotz »

The Times wrote:Bachot case proceeds

Sir Conrad Sutherland, legal representative for Sir Edward Palmerston, confirmed that litigation against Mr. Bachot for libel will proceed, despite reports indicating that Mr. Bachot is seeking a settlement.

"We shall be pursuing for considerable punitive damages; unless Mr. Bachot can offer an acceptable redress for the damages he has inflicted, this case will proceed without further delay," Sutherland said.

B.C.M.A. will extend Graham Hill and A/AS Wyvern engine 5 to Lotus on loan for the remainder of the European season.
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

After a deal struck with BCMA, Team Lotus will repair Chassis 12-1, and enter the following third car for France:

Graham Hill - Lotus 12/1 - A/AS Wyvern engine 5
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
Gonzalez

Post by Gonzalez »

Daily Mail Send wrote:

Recently Devastated Connaught set to switch to Sports Car Racing by 1961, expects to exit F1 on a high!

Connaught are maintaining focus whilst they are preparing for their first race in 1958 at the French GP with an intention that they would be switching from F1 to Sports Cars by 1961.

The Team had also hit devastation last week after their signed driver Archie Scott Brown was killed in a Sports Car Race in Belgium. This left him without a race recorded for his new team not counting the two non-championship races he participated in.

The team are also currently suffering from financial issues and it has been reported that this is causing the team to "Look at a plan B". However Ken McAllpine has stated to the press that the team are still in a positive position and that they remain certain they can win their first race.

"The team is still looking OK, we may have had some problems recently in regards to finances but we are still in a good position in F1. Although we have decided to look at transitioning to Sports Car Racing in the future, we remain hopeful that the team will work very hard and get their first win. Perhaps at least another one to add would be great for our tally."

"I also would like to give out my condolences to Archie's family who was signed to race with us this season. It has been rather difficult not only because of this tragic loss but also because of the situation we have been for a few months now. However with our new OSCA package and judging by the results we had in the NC races, we would surely be looking for big gains and improvements in terms of pace."

Connaught will only be entering their sole car with the OSCA package at the French GP with driver Stuart Lewis Evans, who have been racing with them since 1956.
Gertrand Bachot

delete this pls
Bobby Doorknobs

Post by Bobby Doorknobs »

I get a PM related to this series. I drop in to get some context. I learn that the editorial standards of some 1950s journalistic outlets was, to paraphrase them, "f*cking bullsh*t". Not even going to comment on the Hitler stuff.

Anyway, I would like to announce that I will be making an announcement at some point today.

EDIT: Ok, there was no need to delete the posts entirely. I'm just saying you're not likely to find profanity in a 1950s national publication. I probably came across too seriously there and, if so, sincerest apologies. My brand of sarcasm tends towards being completely deadpan. ;)
#FreeGonzo
Gonzalez

Post by Gonzalez »

Daily Mail Send wrote:
Connaught demands Bachot to be banned from the sport permanently

Connaught have responded to the recent remarks made by Bachot regarding to the large number of entries being submitted for this year's French GP by demanding the FIA officials for Bachot alongside his team to be banned from the series permanently. The Team are now also accusing Bachot of attempting to cover up his recent reports in an attempt to maintain his reputation.

"From our point of view, Bachot's remarks has proven that he is a very unprofessionnal person especially as a Team Owner. The language he uses in the public media is deemed unacceptable and this is a situation where he should not get away with it. I hope the FIA expels him with immediate effect for his intolerable behaviour", stated Ken McAllpine.

There were also some unconfirmed sources about few engineers and other members from Connaught that they would be bringing in a huge crowd to launch a protest outside Bachot's base in Belgium but would only depend on how the situation is handled by the FIA.
Bobby Doorknobs

"demanding the FIA officials for Bachot alongside his team to be banned from the series permanently."

They didn't have that kind of authority back then...

Announcement may have to wait until tomorrow or the day after. Waiting for a reply from Crimsonregency.[/cryptic]
#FreeGonzo
Bobby Doorknobs

Your favourite motorsport news publication wrote:An American Grand Prix Dream?

Rumours have run wild of late surrounding a new American engine builder called 'Regency Motors'. After failing to break the Offenhauser monopoly on the USAC championship circuit, Regency founder Zachariah Tomlinson has set his sights firmly on Grand Prix racing, and there have even been unconfirmed reports of talks with several established teams.

One other contact that isn't a member of the establishment as of writing, and who may prove to be the ultimate gateway to Formula One for the St. Louis-based concern if reports are accurate, is Woolworth's heir Lance Reventlow. The 22-year-old, who has been the stepson of not one, but two motor racing drivers (not to mention Hollywood star Cary Grant) has been competing for the most part on the American sports car scene, but has reportedly maintained a keen interest in European Grand Prix racing. He has even been seen regularly attending such races during his wealthy mother Barbara Hutton's marriage to Porfirio Rubirosa.

Reventlow, who at his young age has already started building and racing his own 'Scarab' car in Sports Car Club of America events, has reportedly been in talks with Tomlinson about constructing a Formula One machine that would be powered by Regency's Offenhauser-based engine. No car bearing the star-spangled banner has won an overseas Grand Prix since 1921.

Reventlow's Scarab sports car has so far proven an impressive piece of engineering for a first time constructor, and the popularity of the Offenhauser engine upon which Tomlinson is basing his Regency design speaks for itself. It may be too soon to tell whether we are on the verge of seeing the first American Grand Prix-winning car in forty years, but there certainly could be an interesting few months ahead for Reventlow and Tomlinson.

So, here's the deal:

Reventlow Automobiles Inc. will be entering this championship at some point. More detailed plans are budget-dependent, but we have our eyes on at least one driver who will not be named until the relevant time for signings arises. Lance himself is also obviously open to driving and I'd imagine Chuck Daigh is too, but we might see what our number one choice says first. Prize money will also be split in some way between Reventlow and Regency, but that has yet to be agreed upon (I'm not too fussed about it to be honest. The way I see it is it's a choice between putting more money into chassis or engine development).

I also might give Regency the right to enter races on my behalf in case I'm not around.
#FreeGonzo
Butterfox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Butterfox »

FantometteBR wrote:Officine Alfieri Maserati likes to offer gain Mr. Reg Parnell or to any desp... I mean Interested to drive for us at the French race

Lotus 10 chassis 5 and Maserati 56A engine 4 combo

Parnell is desp. ...loyal to Maserati.
I don't know what i want and i want it now!
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

Paul Armagnac
1-85: accepts to drive a DB in Formula 1 as well as sportscars
86-100: prefers not to leave his comfort zone
77 - Paul Armagnac will make his F1 début for the DB Owners' Club

René Cotton
1-80: makes his F1 début driving a private Guidobaldi-Loonmotor
81-100: turns down the chance to appear in F1 as a driver for an amateur outfit
62 - the association of French Loonmotor fans can now count on René Cotton to drive their car in Reims
kevinbotz wrote:Cantonese is a completely nonsensical f*cking alien language masquerading as some grossly bastardised form of Chinese

Gonzo wrote:Wasn't there some sort of communisim in the East part of Germany?
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

In the news

May 17th - Konstantinos Karamanlis returns to office following Greek election victory

May 18th - Ahmad Mukhtar Baban and Samir Al-Rifai appointed Iraqi and Jordanian PMs amid political tensions

May 18th - F-104 fighter jet sets speed record of over 1000 mph

May 18th - CIA pilot shot down by Indonesian forces flying insurgent aircraft

May 20th - Fulgencio Batista launches government counteroffensive against Fidel Castro

May 21st - Subscriber trunk dialling introduced in Bristol

May 22nd - Dwight D. Eisenhower addresses nation on colour television

May 22nd - Nobusuke Kishi's LDP renews Japanese parliament majority

May 22nd - Anti-Tamil pogrom kills hundreds in Ceylon

May 23rd - Mao Zedong announced plans for a 'Great Leap Forward' for the Chinese economy

May 23rd - First American satellite, Explorer 1, ceases communications

kevinbotz wrote:Cantonese is a completely nonsensical f*cking alien language masquerading as some grossly bastardised form of Chinese

tommykl

Post by tommykl »

Currently winning elsewhere
500 miles of Rafaela - José Froilán González

Austrian Airfield Cup @ Aspern - Gotfrid Köchert (S+1.5) - Hans Herrmann (S1.5) - Carlo Leto di Priolo (GT+2.6) - Dore Leto di Priolo (GT2.6) - Richard von Frankenberg (GT1.6) - Hermann Kunz (GT1.3)

Danish Formula 3 @ Roskilde - Vilhelm Nellemann - Børge Nielsen (JAP)

NASCAR Grand National @ Roanoke - Jim Reed

Eläintarhanajot @ Helsinki - Ivor Bueb (Overall/X2.0) - Graham Whitehead (X+2.0) - Curt Lincoln (GT+2.0/F3) - Carl-Gunnar Hammarlund (GT2.0)

SCCA Nationals @ Cumberland - Walt Hansgen (CM) - George Arents (CP) - Dick Thompson (DP) - John Quackenbush (EM) - Ross Wees (EP) - Don Sesslar (FM) - Emil Pupulidy (FP) - Frank Baptista (GM) - Barry Budlong (GP) - Jim Eichenlaub (HM) - Richard Toland (HP) - Harry Whitney (F3)

B.R.S.C.C. Meeting @ Brands Hatch - Bruce McLaren (F2) - Trevor Taylor (F3) - Jeremy Menzies (Junior)

Wilkes County 160 @ North Wilkesboro (NASCAR Grand National) - Junior Johnson

Grand Prix de Spa - Paul Frère (Overall/S+1.5) - Wolfgang Seidel (GT+2.0) - Mike Anthony (GT2.0) - Eric Catulle (GT1.3)

pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by pasta_maldonado »

Due to the sole Loonmotor engine already being loaned out, Loonmotor will instead loan Guidbaldi chassis 2 and Mercedes-Benz engine 14 to Just-Emile Vernet.
Klon wrote:more liek Nick Ass-idy amirite?
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

May 23rd 1958, French Grand Prix prequalifying

Once again, the world of Formula 1 is subdued. Fan favourite and friend to all, Archie Scott Brown was killed in an accident during the Spa Grand Prix for sportscars on the day of the Monaco Grand Prix. The Scotsman was only 31 years old.

However, the championship must go on, and undoubtedly the story of the year is Ferrari's return to form. Peter Collins has won the non-championship Glover Trophy and the Monaco Grand Prix on the trot, and only a stubborn Georges Burggraf prevented him from winning in Australia. B.C.M.A. remains the fastest team, though, and if they can find some reliability, they may still be the team to beat. In the meantime, 46 drivers have appeared for the French Grand Prix in Reims, after Guillon Bachot's own entry as a driver was rejected by the ACF.

1. Roy Salvadori (Vandervell Products Ltd.) - Vanwall VW58 chassis 1, Vanwall VE2 engine 5
2. Heinz Melkus (MSG Köthen) - O.S.C.A. F158 chassis 8, O.S.C.A. 1558 engine 12
3. Jim Russell (British Racing Partnership) - Cooper T45 chassis 3, BRM P26 engine 5
4. Honoré Wagner (Honoré Wagner) - O.S.C.A. F158 chassis 5, O.S.C.A. 1558 engine 5
5. Bruce Kessler (Écurie Guillon Bachot) - B.C.M.A. C-01 chassis 1, O.S.C.A. 1557 engine 15
6. Consalvo Sanesi (Scuderia Centro Sud) - O.S.C.A. F158 chassis 10, O.S.C.A. 1558 engine 14
7. Hernando da Silva Ramos (Scuderia Centro Sud) - O.S.C.A. F156A chassis 12, O.S.C.A. 1557 engine 3
8. Hans Herrmann (Scuderia Ugolini) - B.C.M.A. C-01 chassis 3, B.C.M.A. A/AS Griffin engine 9
9. André Guelfi (Scuderia Ugolini) - B.C.M.A. C-01.EX chassis 1, Ugolini 1-58 engine 1
10. Paul Armagnac (DB Owner's Club) - DB 01 chassis 3, DB 84-1 engine 3
11. Oscar Gálvez - (Escuderia Hernandez) - Hernandez 562 chassis 1, O.S.C.A. 1558 engine 8
12. Robert La Caze (Automobiles Deutsch & Bonnet) - DB 01 chassis 1, DB 84-1 engine 1
14. Paul Frère (Paul Frère) - Vanwall VW57 chassis 1, Hernandez H/258A engine 1
15. Lucien Bianchi (G. H. Mumm & Cie) - Lotus 12 chassis 4, O.S.C.A. 1557 engine 1
16. Stuart Lewis-Evans (Connaught Engineering) - O.S.C.A. F158 chassis 7, O.S.C.A. 1557 engine 10
17. Troy Ruttman (Team Lotus) - Lotus 12 chassis 3, O.S.C.A. 1558 engine 10
18. Phil Hill (Team Lotus) - Lotus 12 chassis 2, O.S.C.A. 1558 engine 11
19. José Froilán González (Rob Walker Racing) - Lotus 12 chassis 6, O.S.C.A. 1558 engine 6
20. Harry Schell (Rob Walker Racing) - Lotus 12 chassis 5, O.S.C.A. 1558 engine 7
21. Alan Stacey (Owen Racing Organisation) - B.C.M.A. RP.1001 chassis 1, B.C.M.A. A/AS Wyvern engine 2
22. Jack Fairman (Owen Racing Organisation) - O.S.C.A. F156A chassis 10, BRM P26 engine 4
23. Juan Manuel Fangio (O.S.C.A.) - O.S.C.A. F158 chassis 1, O.S.C.A. 1558 engine 1
24. Jo Bonnier (O.S.C.A.) - O.S.C.A. F158 chassis 2, O.S.C.A. 1558 engine 2
25. Giulio Cabianca (O.S.C.A.) - O.S.C.A. F158 chassis 3, O.S.C.A. 1558 engine 3
26. Ottorino Volonterio (O.S.C.A.) - O.S.C.A. F158 chassis 4, O.S.C.A. 1558 engine 4
27. René Cotton (Amicale Française des Appréciateurs de Loonmotor) - Guidobaldi FG01 chassis 3, Loonmotor SAMC-1A engine 1
28. Mike Hawthorn (Cooper Car Company) - Cooper T45 chassis 2, Climax FPF engine 1
29. Cliff Alison (Cooper Car Company) - Cooper T45 chassis 1, Climax FPF engine 2
30. Georges Burggraf (Alexander Racing Team) - O.S.C.A. F158 chassis 9, O.S.C.A. 1558 engine 13
31. François Picard (Alexander Racing Team) - Guidobaldi FG01 chassis 5, Loonmotor SAMC-1A engine 3
32. "Mary" ("Mary") - Gordini Type 56 chassis 2, Gordini G258/A engine 5
33. Peter Collins (Scuderia Ferrari) - Ferrari 246 chassis 1, Ferrari 143 engine 1
34. Umberto Maglioli (Scuderia Ferrari) - Ferrari 246 chassis 2, Ferrari 143 engine 4
35. Onofre Marimón (Scuderia Ferrari) - Ferrari 246 chassis 3, Ferrari 143 engine 2
36. Masten Gregory (Scuderia Ferrari) - Ferrari 246 chassis 4, Ferrari 143 engine 3
37. André Simon (Écurie Voeckler) - Gordini Type 56/B chassis 1, Gordini G258/B engine 1
38. Robert Manzon (Écurie Voeckler) - Gordini Type 56/B chassis 4, Gordini G258/B engine 2
39. Maurice Trintignant (Écurie Voeckler) - Gordini Type 56/B chassis 3, Gordini G258/B engine 4
40. Jean Behra (Écurie Voeckler) - Gordini Type 56/B chassis 2, Gordini G258/B engine 3
41. Just-Émile Vernet (Just-Émile Vernet) - Guidobaldi FG01 chassis 2, Mercedes-Benz UM153 engine 14
42. Reg Parnell (Officine Alfieri Maserati) - Lotus 10 chassis 5 and Maserati 56A engine 4
43. Jack Brabham (B.C.M.A.) - B.C.M.A. RP.1001 Mk. II chassis 1, B.C.M.A. A/AS Wyvern B engine 1
44. Stirling Moss (B.C.M.A.) - B.C.M.A. RP.1001 Mk. II chassis 2, B.C.M.A. A/AS Wyvern B engine 2
45. Duncan Hamilton (B.C.M.A.) - B.C.M.A. RP.1001 Mk. II chassis 3, B.C.M.A. A/AS Wyvern B engine 3
46. John Surtees (B.C.M.A.) - B.C.M.A. RP.1001 chassis 2, B.C.M.A. A/AS Wyvern engine 4
47. Henry Taylor (Hampshire Racing Alliance) - Vanwall VW58 chassis 2, Vanwall VE2 engine 6
48. Graham Hill (Team Lotus) - Lotus 12 chassis 1, B.C.M.A. A/AS Wyvern engine 5

-Australia being too far and Monaco too small, MSG Köthen make their first appearance of the year in Reims, preparing for some solid midfield performances.
-As usual, a retinue of privateers have turned up for the weekend. True private entries include those of Paul Frère, Just-Émile Vernet, Jean-Marie Brussin (aka "Mary") and the Luxembourgish Honoré Wagner. Champagne company Mumm has loaned a Lotus-O.S.C.A. for Lucien Bianchi, while the rear end is likely to be propped up by enthusiasts showing their appreciation for their favourite cars: René Cotton in a Guidobaldi-Loonmotor and Paul Armagnac in a DB.
-Scuderia Ugolini have entered their first race this season, with regular drivers Hans Herrmann and André Guelfi. Whether both drivers will be entered for most races will depend on their budget for the season.
-Hernandez have to get used to racing without Gilberte Thirion after her retirement. Oscar Gálvez has a big void to fill.
-DB are similarly replacing Berardo Taraschi with Robert La Caze, the Moroccan making his championship début.
-Following Archie Scott Brown's untimely death, Connaught are entering only Lewis-Evans, awaiting new options.
-Reverting to the Australian line-up, Phil Hill replaces Olivier Gendebien at Lotus, and the duo is joined by B.C.M.A.'s Graham Hill, much to the dismay of lap chart keepers.
-After a break to take care of his tooling business, Jack Fairman returns to the Owen cockpit, alongside Stacey.
-Following increasing paddock agitation over the excessive number of entries, O.S.C.A. and B.C.M.A. have reverted to four cars each. B.C.M.A.'s Graham Hill has moved to Lotus, while O.S.C.A.'s Red Gallagher is on the sidelines.
-After underperforming in Monaco, Luigi Musso has been benched by Cooper Car Company to be replaced by Cliff Allison in Reims.
-Alexander Racing Team, for one of their two home races, have brought out a spare Guidobaldi-Loonmotor for François Picard, who joins Georges Burggraf in the line-up.
-Voeckler have not changed their line-up since Monaco, but now all four drivers have the new Type 56/B chassis and G258/B engine, following André Simon's successful début of the car in Monaco.
-After deliberately missing Monaco due to the small grid, Henry Taylor makes his championship début in Dave Hampshire's Vanwall.
-Not making the trip, possibly due to financial issues, are Brian Naylor, Norfolk Engineering and BRM. Naylor has confirmed that he will be returning later in the year, preferring to save money for his first season.

As the grid can only take 30 cars, 17 drivers will have to compete in a pre-qualifying session:

Heinz Melkus
Honoré Wagner
Hans Herrmann
André Guelfi
Paul Armagnac
Robert La Caze
Oscar Gálvez
Paul Frère
Lucien Bianchi
Stuart Lewis-Evans
Jack Fairman
René Cotton
François Picard
Cliff Allison
"Mary"
Just-Émile Vernet
Henry Taylor

kevinbotz

Post by kevinbotz »

B.C.M.A. shall extend an emergency £5,000 loan to Norfolk Engineering, with interest to be accrued at a compounding 35% rate per race. Norfolk shall have until November 9, 1958, marking the end of the 1958 race season to repay the principal and all accrued interest in its totality. Should it default upon its repayment, B.C.M.A. shall seek redress through the lawful appropriation of Norfolk Engineering's remaining assets.
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

Prequalifying performance figures, anyone?

Taylor - 121
Bianchi - 117
Melkus - 117
Gálvez - 111
Wagner - 110
Herrmann - 110
Fairman - 109
Picard - 108
Frère - 108
La Caze - 106
Guelfi - 105
Vernet - 105
Armagnac - 103
Allison - 102
Cotton - 100
Lewis-Evans - 98
"Mary" - 98

pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Scuderia Centro Sud shall extend a loan of £9,112 to Norfolk Engineering. Interest shall not accrue on this amount until after the Belgian Grand Prix, at which point it will accrue at a compounding 45% per race up to and including the last race of the season. Norfolk Engineering shall have until November 9th, 1958 to repay the principal and all accrued interest in totality. Should it default upon its payment, Scuderia Centro Sud shall seek redress through the lawful appropriation of Norfolk Engineering's remaining assets.

References:

1. botz, kevin. (2018) Terms and conditions regarding the loan of £5,000 to Norfolk Engineering. Toronto, Ontario.
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

Prequalifying results
1. Heinz Melkus (O.S.C.A.) - 2:27.57
2. Henry Taylor (Vanwall) - 2:29.64
3. Oscar Gálvez (Hernandez-O.S.C.A.) - 2:31.11
4. Stuart Lewis-Evans (O.S.C.A.) - 2:33.86
5. Jack Fairman (O.S.C.A.-BRM) - 2:34.03
6. Lucien Bianchi (Lotus-O.S.C.A.) - 2:36.55
7. Cliff Allison (Cooper-Climax) - 2:37.51
8. Honoré Wagner (O.S.C.A.) - 2:37.91
9. Hans Herrmann (B.C.M.A.) - 2:41.82
10. Paul Frère (Vanwall-Hernandez) - 2:44.23
11. "Mary" (Gordini) - 2:44.74
12. François Picard (Guidobaldi-Loonmotor) - 2:52.00
13. André Guelfi (B.C.M.A.-Ugolini) - 2:52.28
14. Just-Émile Vernet (Guidobaldi-Mercedes) - 2:56.16
15. Robert La Caze (DB) - 2:59.59
16. Paul Armagnac (DB) - 3:00.64
17. René Cotton (Guidobaldi-Loonmotor) - 3:00.75

Not altogether unsurprising that no DBs or Guidobaldis managed to prequalify, or the Ugolini. Paul Frère and Hans Herrmann may be the most notable names not to make the cut, but the gap between them and the top eight is too large to blame it on bad luck. Honoré Wagner, meanwhile, will be delighted to make the main session, as will Cliff Allison and Henry Taylor.

tommykl

Re: Alt-1958: France prequalifying up!

Post by tommykl »

And here's qualifying performance.

G. Hill - 118
Salvadori - 116
Melkus - 116
Brabham - 116
Russell - 116
Fairman - 116
Gregory - 116
Moss - 114
Collins - 114
Trintignant - 114
González - 114
Behra - 113
Sanesi - 113
Simon - 113
Allison - 113
Manzon - 112
Maglioli - 112
Marimón - 112
Burggraf - 112
Schell - 111
Parnell - 111
Gálvez - 111
Taylor - 111
Lewis-Evans - 111
Hawthorn - 111
Ramos - 110
Stacey - 110
Hamilton - 110
Fangio - 109
Bonnier - 109
Cabianca - 109
Volonterio - 108
Bianchi - 108
Kessler - 108
Surtees - 108
P. Hill - 107
Wagner - 106
Ruttman - 103

tommykl

Post by tommykl »

Qualifying standings
1. Jack Brabham (B.C.M.A.) - 2:19.43
2. Stirling Moss (B.C.M.A.) - 2:19.74
3. Masten Gregory (Ferrari) - 2:21.61
4. Peter Collins (Ferrari) - 2:21.67
5. Umberto Maglioli (Ferrari) - 2:23.15
6. André Simon (Gordini) - 2:24.05
7. Jo Bonnier (O.S.C.A.) - 2:24.96
8. Giulio Cabianca (O.S.C.A.) - 2:25.58
9. José Froilán González (Lotus-O.S.C.A.) - 2:25.72
10. Onofre Marimón (Ferrari) - 2:26.18
11. Alan Stacey (B.C.M.A.) - 2:26.38
12. Ottorino Volonterio (O.S.C.A.) - 2:26.66
13. Duncan Hamilton (B.C.M.A.) - 2:26.69
14. Maurice Trintignant (Gordini) - 2:26.77
15. John Surtees (B.C.M.A.) - 2:26.89
16. Robert Manzon (Gordini) - 2:27.03
17. Juan Manuel Fangio (O.S.C.A.) - 2:27.48
18. Hernando da Silva Ramos (O.S.C.A.) - 2:27.79
19. Heinz Melkus (O.S.C.A.) - 2:27.85
20. Roy Salvadori (Vanwall) - 2:28.19
21. Troy Ruttman (Lotus-O.S.C.A.) - 2:28.64
22. Consalvo Sanesi (O.S.C.A.) - 2:29.38
23. Mike Hawthorn (Cooper-Climax) - 2:29.78
24. Georges Burggraf (O.S.C.A.) - 2:29.92
25. Graham Hill (Lotus-B.C.M.A.) - 2:30.15
26. Oscar Gálvez (Hernandez-O.S.C.A.) - 2:31.11
27. Phil Hill (Lotus-O.S.C.A.) - 2:31.25
28. Jean Behra (Gordini) - 2:31.53
29. Jack Fairman (O.S.C.A.-BRM) - 2:32.04
30. Harry Schell (Lotus-O.S.C.A.) - 2:32.13
31. Jim Russell (Cooper-BRM) - 2:32.30
32. Henry Taylor (Vanwall) - 2:32.47
33. Stuart Lewis-Evans (O.S.C.A.) - 2:33.01
34. Cliff Allison (Cooper-Climax) - 2:35.81
35. Honoré Wagner (O.S.C.A.) - 2:39.04
36. Lucien Bianchi (Lotus-O.S.C.A.) - 2:39.10
37. Reg Parnell (Lotus-Maserati) - 2:41.99
38. Bruce Kessler (B.C.M.A.-O.S.C.A.) - 2:42.59

While B.C.M.A. take yet another 1-2 in qualifying, Ferrari establish themselves as clear runners-up, including an absolute star-making performance from Masten Gregory to line up on the front row. Marimón completes an all top-ten finish for Ferrari, while Hamilton and Surtees will start the Grand Prix in 13th and 15th. Melkus continues to impress with a top-20 start, just ahead of the surprising Roy Salvadori. Both start ahead of Burggraf and Hawthorn, who were almost worryingly off the pace despite the supposed high calibre of both driver and car. It's also a shame to see the likes of Russell and Taylor confined to the sidelines after the hard work they put in to be less than half a second from a grid spot.

pi314159

Post by pi314159 »

EDIT: This was obviously an April fools post.

O.S.C.A. announce technical partnership with Loonmotor

After coming a clear third to B.C.M.A. and Ferrari so far over the course of the 1958 season, defending constructors' champions O.S.C.A. have taken measures to improve their competitive situation. In a surprising move, the manufactorer from Bologna announced that they would be cooperating with Loonmotor for their 1959 model.

O.S.C.A. team principal Piero Taruffi released the following statement:

"We see great potential in the innovative solutions pioneered by Loonmotor and their designer, Francois Guidobaldi. Unfortunately, they have so far lacked the funds and facilities required to develop these ideas to their full potential. With the resources O.S.C.A. possess, this should however not be a problem, and we are confident to deliver a championship-winning car for 1959."

Jonkheer Gijsbert van Loon and Francois Guidobaldi were unavailable for a statement so far.
Last edited by pi314159 on 02 Apr 2018, 08:43, edited 1 time in total.
pasta_maldonado wrote:The stewards have recommended that Alan Jones learns to drive.
Gonzalez

Post by Gonzalez »

After careful consideration, due to my travelling commitments as I may have stated earlier I will be abandoning my leadership with Connaught with immediate effect. I shall be handing control over to GertrandBachot.
There had several advice and deals made from several Manufacturers/ Teams so Bachot will decide what to do next as long as he can try and tie in with this backstory i've left out:

Daily Mail Send wrote:

Recently Devastated Connaught set to switch to Sports Car Racing by 1961, expects to exit F1 on a high!

Connaught are maintaining focus whilst they are preparing for their first race in 1958 at the French GP with an intention that they would be switching from F1 to Sports Cars by 1961.

The Team had also hit devastation last week after their signed driver Archie Scott Brown was killed in a Sports Car Race in Belgium. This left him without a race recorded for his new team not counting the two non-championship races he participated in.

The team are also currently suffering from financial issues and it has been reported that this is causing the team to "Look at a plan B". However Ken McAllpine has stated to the press that the team are still in a positive position and that they remain certain they can win their first race.

"The team is still looking OK, we may have had some problems recently in regards to finances but we are still in a good position in F1. Although we have decided to look at transitioning to Sports Car Racing in the future, we remain hopeful that the team will work very hard and get their first win. Perhaps at least another one to add would be great for our tally."

"I also would like to give out my condolences to Archie's family who was signed to race with us this season. It has been rather difficult not only because of this tragic loss but also because of the situation we have been for a few months now. However with our new OSCA package and judging by the results we had in the NC races, we would surely be looking for big gains and improvements in terms of pace."

Connaught will only be entering their sole car with the OSCA package at the French GP with driver Stuart Lewis Evans, who have been racing with them since 1956.
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

Some totally legit paper wrote:Bruce Kessler allowed on Reims grid; wins Grand Prix

Subscribe to the totally 100% legit mailing list for next paragraph of story, only £199.99 per instalment!

tommykl

Post by tommykl »

And here is race performance.

Fairman 45
Manzon 29
Ruttman 23
Stacey 22
Schell 19
Hawthorn 19
Ramos 17
Bonnier 15
Melkus 10
Gregory 10
González 8
Marimón 8
Surtees 6
G. Hill 6
Hamilton 3
Trintignant 1
Moss 0
Gálvez 0
Volonterio -3
Brabham -3
Sanesi -5
Behra -7
Fangio -8
P. Hill -11
Simon -14
Burggraf -15
Salvadori -15
Maglioli -19
Collins -34
Cabianca -41

This race will be very expensive, with only a maximum of eight cars reaching the finish line. There will be three engine failures and six accidents: three C1s, one C3, one C4 and one C5.

Gertrand Bachot

Connaught-McAlpine has agreed to sell Vandervell Products Ltd O.S.C.A. F158 chassis 7 for the sum of £20,000.
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Scuderia Ferrari will attempt to sign reigning 500cc champion Libero Liberati.
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

May 25th 1958, French Grand Prix

As Ottorino Volonterio stopped by the roadside on the first corner with a burnt clutch, Peter Collins' start fell victim to a near-stall, relegating him to 11th place. In the meantime, Brabham and Moss jumped to a large lead by the end of the first lap, the Australian in front. This didn't last, as Stirling used the slipstream to full effect and passed Brabham for the lead on lap two. On the following lap, Georges Burggraf's engine expired, while the field was shaking up due to strategies working themselves out. By lap 6, Hamilton and Surtees joined Moss and Brabham in the top five by passing Masten Gregory, separated from the top two by José Froilán González. A hard-charging Ramos ensured that this state of affairs didn't last, taking fifth place later that lap. Robert Manzon was the next to retire, a gearbox issue ending his up-to-then feisty midfield effort. The race then settled down, until lap 13, when rain arrived.

Where the raindrops first appeared, on the approach to Muizon, was where the first accident happened: Jean Behra planted his Gordini into a trackside ditch, walking away, but in visible pain. Across the track, Collins pulled over after an uncharacteristically mediocre performance, blaming it on faulty steering. To add insult to injury for Ferrari, John Surtees passed González to make for a B.C.M.A. 1-2-3. Masten Gregory promptly retired when he missed his braking at Thillois and stranded his Ferrari in the escape road, soon joined by Heinz Melkus, whose engine failed him from a brilliant tenth position.

On lap 18, González angrily took his third place back from Surtees, but this was small comfort for Ferrari, as Maglioli retired with an oil leak. The rain, however, proved indiscriminate, as Jack Brabham soon spun out of second place. The cruelty of the situation was deepened on the 21st lap. An oil slick left on the track shortly after Carrière caught out José Froilán González, whose Lotus was catapulted over an earth bank, causing the Argentine a concussion and light forearm injuries. Blinded by the spray of preceding cars, Giulio Cabianca also hit the oil slick. Striking one of González's stray wheels, the Italian was sent swerving at high speed into the earth bank on the other side of the road, striking it head on and also launching over it. Cabianca was thrown out of his O.S.C.A. in the accident, and suffered major head and neck trauma, which the 35-year-old sadly did not survive.

However, the race had to continue, though not everyone wanted to. Jo Bonnier immediately pulled into the pits and withdrew from the race in disgust. This all left Moss in a nigh-on unchallenged lead, with Surtees in second place defending from Ramos. Hamilton and the rather unexpected Schell and Sanesi rounded out the points. Alan Stacey soon joined them in the points, as Duncan Hamilton's government-funded gearbox gave up the ghost on lap 23. Two laps later, he was joined by André Simon (spun off) and Troy Ruttman (blown engine). By this point, the Sun had come out, almost as if to mock the events of this cruel day, but it didn't prevent any cars from breaking down. Consalvo Sanesi's gearbox failed, as did Phil Hill's clutch, but most importantly, race leader Stirling Moss suffered from an oil leak, handing the lead of the race to John Surtees in his first race start!

Hernando da Silva Ramos was now a close second, but couldn't find the pace to attack. The man on the move was Onofre Marimón, who soon passed Alan Stacey, then the stil-impressive Harry Schell to take third place with just over ten laps remaining. Simultaneously, Maurice Trintignant ended all chances of points for Voeckler when the brakes of his Gordini failed. On lap 34, two of the three remaining Argentines suffered from synchronised gearbox failures, though fortunately for Ferrari, they happened to Juan Manuel Fangio and Oscar Gálvez! The 22nd and final retirement happened to Mike Hawthorn, who suffered from a heartbreaking suspension failure less than a lap after passing Alan Stacey for an unprecedented fifth place.

With three laps to go, Marimón had all but caught Ramos and had Surtees in his line of sight. However, Ramos' desire to hold on to his second place was overwhelming, and that was where Marimón was forced to stay. As a result, John Surtees was left to take a sensational race victory in his first championship start, ahead of Ramos and Marimón. Jack Fairman finished fourth after an electric late-race charge, and may well have challenged for the win given another lap or three. Alan Stacey and Harry Schell rounded out the points, though the whole mood in the paddock would remain sombre for several days.

1. John Surtees (B.C.M.A.) 1:51:14.03
2. Hernando da Silva Ramos (O.S.C.A.) +3.41
3. Onofre Marimón (Ferrari) +3.62
4. Jack Fairman (O.S.C.A.-BRM) +44.05
5. Alan Stacey (B.C.M.A.) +1 lap
6. Harry Schell (Lotus-O.S.C.A.) +1 lap
7. Graham Hill (Lotus-B.C.M.A.) +1 lap
8. Roy Salvadori (Vanwall) +1 lap
Ret. Mike Hawthorn (Cooper-Climax) +6 laps/Suspension
Ret. Juan Manuel Fangio (O.S.C.A.) +11 laps/Gearbox
Ret. Maurice Trintignant (Gordini) +13 laps/Brakes
Ret. Oscar Gálvez (Hernandez-O.S.C.A.) +13 laps/Gearbox
Ret. Stirling Moss (B.C.M.A.) +18 laps/Oil leak
Ret. Consalvo Sanesi (O.S.C.A.) +19 laps/Gearbox
Ret. André Simon (Gordini) +20 laps/Spin
Ret. Troy Ruttman (Lotus-O.S.C.A.) +20 laps/Engine
Ret. Phil Hill (Lotus-O.S.C.A.) +20 laps/Clutch
Ret. Duncan Hamilton (B.C.M.A.) +21 laps/Gearbox
Ret. José Froilán González (Lotus-O.S.C.A.) +23 laps/Accident
Ret. Jack Brabham (B.C.M.A.) +24 laps/Spin
Ret. Jo Bonnier (O.S.C.A.) +24 laps/Withdrew
Ret. Giulio Cabianca (O.S.C.A.) +24 laps/Fatal accident
Ret. Umberto Maglioli (Ferrari) +27 laps/Oil leak
Ret. Masten Gregory (Ferrari) +28 laps/Spin
Ret. Heinz Melkus (O.S.C.A.) +28 laps/Engine
Ret. Peter Collins (Ferrari) +31 laps/Steering
Ret. Jean Behra (Gordini) +31 laps/Accident
Ret. Robert Manzon (Gordini) +37 laps/Gearbox
Ret. Georges Burggraf (O.S.C.A.) +41 laps/Engine
Ret. Ottorino Volonterio (O.S.C.A.) +43 laps/Clutch

Fastest lap: Stirling Moss (B.C.M.A.) - 2:25.82

Championship standings
Drivers

1. Peter Collins - 15
2. Georges Burggraf - 9 (1 win, 1 Ret)
3. John Surtees - 9 (1 win, 1 DNQ)
4. Stirling Moss - 9 (1 2nd)
5. Hernando da Silva Ramos - 6
6. Onofre Marimòn - 4 (1 3rd, 1 7th)
=. Graham Hill - 4 (1 3rd, 1 7th)
8. José Froilán González - 4 (1 3rd, 2 Rets)
9. Umberto Maglioli - 3 (1 4th, 2 Rets)
10. Jack Fairman - 3 (1 4th)
11. Alan Stacey - 2 (1 5th, 2 Rets)
12. Ottorino Volonterio - 2 (1 5th, 1 Ret)
13. Lex Davison - 2 (1 5th)
14. Juan Manuel Fangio - 1 (1 6th, 2 Rets)
15. André Simon - 1 (1 6th, 1 Ret)
16. Harry Schell - 1 (1 6th, 1 DNQ)

Constructors
1. Ferrari - 19
2. B.C.M.A. - 18
3. O.S.C.A. - 17
4. Lotus-O.S.C.A. - 5
5. O.S.C.A.-BRM - 3
6. Lotus-Ferrari - 2
7. Gordini - 1

Entrants
1. Scuderia Ferrari - 19
2. British Commonwealth Motorsport Association - 18
3. Alexander Racing Team - 9
4. Scuderia Centro Sud - 6
5. Rob Walker Racing - 5
6. Owen Racing Organisation - 3 (1 4th)
7. Officine Specializzate Costruzione Automobili - 3 (1 5th)
8. L. Davison - 2
9. Écurie Voeckler - 1

Aislabie

Re: Alt-1958: French Grand Prix up.

Post by Aislabie »

The British Racing Partnership offers its condolences to Giulio Cabianca's friends and family at this time, as well as to his current and former teams, OSCA and Ferrari.
Gertrand Bachot

Connaught-McAlpine will loan J.B. Naylor Stuart Lewis-Evans for the Dutch Grand Prix at Zandvoort for £16,655.
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Autosport wrote:Ramos Heads to O.S.C.A.

Following the tragic death of Giulio Cabianca at the French Grand Prix, it has been announced that Scuderia Centro-Sud's Hernando da Silva Ramos will replace the Italian at O.S.C.A. for the rest of the season. The Brazilian, who finished second in the French Grand Prix after holding off a charging Onofre Marimon, is well respected in the paddock, having driven for the Ferrari and Gordini works teams in the past. The dea- rest of article obscured by spilt tea

Hernando da Silva Ramos will move to O.S.C.A. to replace Cabianca. In return, Scuderia Centro Sud will receive Redmond Gallagher and a brand new O.S.C.A. F158 -1558 combination (on loan).
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

Post-race report
Injuries
José Froilán González escaped his spectacular accident with a concussion and a broken right wrist. While he recovers, he will be unable to drive for just over a month. As such, he will miss the Dutch Grand Prix.
Jack Brabham, when spinning out, struck a rock. The resulting sudden spin of the steering wheel led him to injure both hands, ruling him out for the Dutch Grand Prix as well.
Jean Behra was also injured in his accident, twisting his ankle on the brake pedal. He will be unable to drive for just over two weeks, but will not miss any races.

Damages
Simon's chassis (Type 56/B chassis 1) - £1 039
Ruttman's engine (1558 engine 10) - £6 766
González's chassis (12 chassis 6) - £20 178
Cabianca's chassis (F158 chassis 3) - £26 209
Brabham's chassis (RP.1001 Mk. II chassis 1) - £6 123
Gregory's chassis (246 chassis 4) - £3 268
Melkus' engine (1558 engine 12) - £1 961
Behra's chassis (Type 56/B chassis 2) - £10 649
Burggraf's engine (1558 engine 13) - £12 125

Prize money (distance)
John Surtees - £2 000
Hernando da Silva Ramos - £2 000
Onofre Marimón - £2 000
Jack Fairman - £2 000
Alan Stacey - £1 977
Harry Schell - £1 977
Graham Hill - £1 977
Roy Salvadori - £1 977
Mike Hawthorn - £1 860
Juan Manuel Fangio - £1 744
Maurice Trintignant - £1 698
Oscar Gálvez - £1 698
Stirling Moss - £1 581
Consalvo Sanesi - £1 558
André Simon - £1 535
Troy Ruttman - £1 535
Phil Hill - £1 535
Duncan Hamilton - £1 512
José Froilán González - £1 465
Jack Brabham - £1 442
Jo Bonnier - £1 442
Giulio Cabianca - £1 442
Umberto Maglioli - £1 372
Masten Gregory - £1 349
Heinz Melkus - £1 349
Peter Collins - £1 279
Jean Behra - £1 279
Robert Manzon - £1 140
Georges Burggraf - £1 047
Ottorino Volonterio - £1 000
Jim Russell - £500
Henry Taylor - £500
Stuart Lewis-Evans - £500
Cliff Allison - £500
Honoré Wagner - £500
Lucien Bianchi - £500
Reg Parnell - £500
Bruce Kessler - £500

Prize money (position)
John Surtees - £26 000
Hernando da Silva Ramos - £21 250
Onofre Marimón - £16 500
Jack Fairman - £11 750
Alan Stacey - £9 000
Harry Schell - £6 250
Graham Hill - £5 500
Roy Salvadori - £4 750
Mike Hawthorn - £4 000
Stirling Moss - £3 500
Juan Manuel Fangio - £3 250
Maurice Trintignant - £2 500
Oscar Gálvez - £2 250
Consalvo Sanesi - £1 750
Jack Brabham - £1 750
André Simon - £1 500
Troy Ruttman - £1 250
Phil Hill - £1 000
Duncan Hamilton - £750
José Froilán González - £500

This Could Be You

Post by This Could Be You »

Gertrand Bachot wrote:Connaught-McAlpine will loan J.B. Naylor Stuart Lewis-Evans for the Dutch Grand Prix at Zandvoort for £16,655.

I can confirm this deal, with the caveat that the price has now been renegotiated to £10,000 since the original offer (via PM)
Your Signature Here

Named after HRT, now on HRT
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

Aaaaaaand we're back!

VII Grote Prijs van Nederland - Entry list
1. Stirling Moss (B.C.M.A.) - B.C.M.A. RP.1001 Mk. II chassis 2, B.C.M.A. A/AS Wyvern B engine 2
2. John Surtees (B.C.M.A.) - B.C.M.A. RP.1001 Mk. II chassis 3, B.C.M.A. A/AS Wyvern B engine 3
3. Duncan Hamilton (B.C.M.A.) - B.C.M.A. RP.1001 chassis 2, B.C.M.A. A/AS Wyvern engine 4
4. Bruce Kessler (Écurie Guillon Bachot) - Lotus 10 chassis 1, O.S.C.A. 1557 engine 15
5. Jim Russell (British Racing Partnership) - Cooper T45 chassis 3, BRM P26 engine 5
6. Honoré Wagner (Honoré Wagner) - O.S.C.A. F158 chassis 5, O.S.C.A. 1558 engine 5
7. Peter Collins (Scuderia Ferrari) - Ferrari 246 chassis 1, Ferrari 143 engine 1
8. Umberto Maglioli (Scuderia Ferrari) - Ferrari 246 chassis 2, Ferrari 143 engine 4
9. Onofre Marimon (Scuderia Ferrari) - Ferrari 246 chassis 3, Ferrari 143 engine 2
10. Wolfgang von Trips (Scuderia Ferrari) - Ferrari 246 chassis 4, Ferrari 143 engine 3
11. André Simon (Ecurie Voeckler) - Gordini Type 56/B chassis 1, Gordini G258/B engine 1
12. Robert Manzon (Ecurie Voeckler) - Gordini Type 56/B chassis 4, Gordini G258/B engine 2
13. Maurice Trintignant (Ecurie Voeckler) - Gordini Type 56/B chassis 3, Gordini G258/B engine 4
14. Just-Émile Vernet (Just-Émile Vernet) - Guidobaldi FG01 chassis 5, Loonmotor SAMC-1A engine 3
15. Stuart Lewis-Evans (J.B. Naylor) - Lotus 10 chassis 6, Ferrari DS50 engine 1
16. Brian Naylor (J.B. Naylor) - Lotus 10 chassis 7, O.S.C.A 1557 engine 9
17. Harry Schell (Rob Walker Racing) - Lotus 12 chassis 5, O.S.C.A. 1558 engine 6
18. Dan Gurney (Rob Walker Racing) - O.S.C.A. F156A chassis 5, O.S.C.A. 1558 engine 7
19. Alan Stacey (Owen Racing Organisation) - B.C.M.A. RP.1001 chassis 1, B.C.M.A. A/AS Wyvern engine 2
20. Jack Fairman (Owen Racing Organisation) - O.S.C.A. F156A chassis 10, BRM P26 engine 3
21. Maria Teresa de Filippis (Owen Racing Organisation) - O.S.C.A. F156A chassis 13, BRM P26 engine 4
22. Hernando da Silva Ramos (Scuderia Centro Sud) - O.S.C.A. F158 chassis 10, O.S.C.A. 1558 engine 14
23. Redmond Gallagher (Scuderia Centro Sud) - O.S.C.A. F158 chassis 2, O.S.C.A. 1558 engine 2
24. André Guelfi (Scuderia Ugolini) - B.C.M.A. C-01 chassis 3, B.C.M.A. A/AS Griffin engine 9
25. Hans Davids (DB Owner's Club) - DB 01 chassis 3, DB 84-1 engine 3
26. Rob Slotemaker (Jonkheer Gijsbert van Loon) - Guidobaldi FG01 chassis 2, Mercedes-Benz UM153 engine 10
27. Mathieu Hezemans (Loonmotor van Holland) - Guidobaldi FG01 chassis 3, Mercedes-Benz UM153 engine 14
28. Bruce Halford (Norfolk Engineering) - Vanwall VW56 chassis 6, Vanwall VE2 engine 4
29. Carel Godin De Beaufort (Ecurie Maarsbergen) - Ferrari 801 chassis 1, Ferrari DS50 engine 2
30. Troy Ruttman (Team Lotus) - Lotus 12 chassis 3, O.S.C.A. 1558 engine 10
31. Masten Gregory (Team Lotus) - Lotus 12 chassis 2, O.S.C.A. 1558 engine 11
32. Graham Hill (Team Lotus) - Lotus 12 chassis 1, B.C.M.A. A/AS Wyvern engine 5
33. Roy Salvadori (Vandervell Products Ltd.) - Vanwall VW58 chassis 1, Vanwall VE2 engine 5
34. Heinz Melkus (MSG Köthen) - O.S.C.A. F158 chassis 8, O.S.C.A. 1558 engine 12
35. Georges Burgraff (Alexander Racing Team) - Vanwall VW58 chassis 3, Vanwell VE2 engine 7
36. Lucien Bianchi (Alexander Racing Team) - O.S.C.A. F158 chassis 9, O.S.C.A. 1558 engine 13
37. Mike Hawthorn (Cooper Car Company) - Cooper T45 chassis 4, Climax FPF V engine 1
38. Luigi Musso (Cooper Car Company) - Cooper T45 chassis 1, Climax FPF V engine 3
39. Cliff Allison (Cooper Car Company) - Cooper T45 chassis 2, Climax FPF V engine 2

The list closes on Tuesday, May 15th 2018 at noon CET!

kevinbotz

Post by kevinbotz »

B.C.M.A. will repair Jack Brabham's damaged chassis, and proceed to submit the following entries for Holland.

Stirling Moss - RP.1001 Mk. II chassis 2, Wyvern B engine 2
John Surtees - RP.1001 Mk. II chassis 3, Wyvern B engine 3
Duncan Hamilton - RP.1001 chassis 2, Wyvern engine 4
Gertrand Bachot

Écurie Guillion Bachot shall submit the following entry for Zandvoort.

Bruce Kessler - Lotus 10 chassis 1, O.S.C.A. 1557 engine 15

Connaught-McAlpine shall not field an entry for Zandvoort, due to our deal with John Brian Naylor meaning that we do not have a driver.