Alt F1 1990 - A New Decade - Canadian GP & Upgrades

The place for current RWRS universe and "canon" historical series
Bobby Doorknobs

Re: Alt F1 1990 - A New Decade - Driver Signing!

Post by Bobby Doorknobs »

Team: Minardi
Chassis: A
Engine choice 1: Judd EV
Engine choice 2: Customer Lambos
Engine choice 3: Cosworth DFR
Tyres: Pirelli
#FreeGonzo
Pinkd56
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Pinkd56 »

Team: AGS
Chassis: D
Engine choice 1: Ford HB
Engine choice 2: Judd EV
Engine choice 3: Ford DFR
Tyres: Goodyear
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Team: Ferrari
Engine: Hond....yes, I make this joke every year. No, I won't stop.
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by pasta_maldonado »

Current budgets after driver signing are now live.
Klon wrote:more liek Nick Ass-idy amirite?
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

Team: Leyton House March
Chassis: E (Honda engine), C (Judd EV, Ford DFR)
Engine choice 1: Honda
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
CaptainGetz12
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by CaptainGetz12 »

Team: Scuderia Barilla Subaru Coloni SpA Race Car Systems Grand Prix Team
Engine: Subaru (We didn't rename the team for nothing!)
Tires: Pirelli
Klon wrote:What did poor André do to you for him to be insulted like that?
Peteroli34

Post by Peteroli34 »

Team:Osella Squadra Corse
Engine choice 2: Lamborghini Customer
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

The price of the Lamborghini Customer engines have been reduced to £10 million.

Additionally, since I've had a few questions regarding debt, teams may start the season with no more than £500,000 in debt. If you are still in debt by the end of the season, you will become bankrupt.
Last edited by pasta_maldonado on 04 Apr 2018, 13:57, edited 2 times in total.
SeedStriker

Post by SeedStriker »

Team: Rial
Chassis: C
Dom_Wings

Post by Dom_Wings »

Team: Tyrrell
Chassis: B
Join the GPR Discord server! https://discord.com/invite/6YDQ3aV
kevinbotz

Post by kevinbotz »

Team: Benetton Arrows
Engine choice 1: Ford HBA4
Klon, on Alt-F1 wrote: I like to think it's more poker than gambling, though.
pi314159

Post by pi314159 »

Team: Oreca
Engine Choice 1: Judd EV
Engine Choice 2: Customer Lambo
Engine Choice 3: Ford DFR
Tyres: TBA

Because of the clarified debt rule, Oreca would also like to replace Danner with Stefan Johansson. He'll be offered the same terms of contract as Comas.
Last edited by pi314159 on 04 Apr 2018, 22:15, edited 1 time in total.
pasta_maldonado wrote:The stewards have recommended that Alan Jones learns to drive.
Miguel98

Post by Miguel98 »

Team: Dallara
Engine Choice 1: Judd EV 3.5 V8
Engine Choice 2: Lamborghini 3512 3.5 V12 (Customer)
Engine Choice 3: Ford DFR 3.5 V8
Tyre: Pirelli
Mario on Gutierrez after the Italian Grand Prix wrote:He's no longer just a bit of a tool, he's the entire tool set.

18-07-2015: Forever in our hearts Jules.
25-08-2015: Forever in our hearts Justin.
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

Autosport wrote:Rennis: 1990 will be best year yet for March

Leyton House March team manager Don Rennis was uncharacteristically bullish about his team's chances for the upcoming season, proclaiming that it will be the best year ever for the March organisation. Having assumed the top job at March in 1989 after an injection of funding from Japanese consortium Leyton House, the Italian scored a coup in signing Honda as engine supplier during the off-season until the end of the 1991 season.

"We've got the best engine in the field at our disposal now, and a more than capable lineup in Thierry [Boutsen] and Satoru [Nakajima] in what will be a new era of stability for the team," proclaimed Don. "We did lose Adrian Newey over the off-season to Williams, but we still have a strong design team working for us. The ingredients are all in place for this year will be our best year ever as a Formula One team, and we expect our guys to deliver."

When asked about the team's goals for this year, Rennis was similarly bullish about his prospects.

"With our package, we expect us to be particularly strong at places like Hockenheim, Spa and Monza, where podiums will not be out of the question. Even at other venues on the calendar, our driver lineup and technical package will allow us to compete at the head of the midfield, so in reality, anything lower than 6th in the constructors' championship will be a disappointment."

Pre-season testing will kick off at Estoril next week, with the first round of the new season taking place around the streets of Phoenix, Arizona for the United States Grand Prix in March.
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
Londoner

Re: Alt F1 1990 - A New Decade - Chassis and Engines!

Post by Londoner »

Team: Lotus
Engine choice 2: Lamborghini 3512 customer
Engine choice 4: Judd CV
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klon »

Team: Williams
Engine Choice: Not Needed
Tyre: Goodyear
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Autosport wrote:Michel Ferte released from Ligier
Ligier have announced that Formula 3000 driver Michel Ferte has been released from the team, after the Frenchman defaulted on payments. Ferte is the third driver to be dismissed before the season has even started; Mauricio Gugelmin and Christian Danner were both released from Oreca after visa issues and payment defaults respectively.

Autosport wrote:Ligier to become works Yamaha squad
After previous customers Zakspeed left Formula One after a fruitless 1989 season, Yamaha have announced a new partnership with the Ligier team, one which promises a rise in fortunes for both the beleaguered manufacturer and team.

Autosport wrote:Ligier courting Eric Bernard
After previously confirmed driver Michel Ferte was unable to provide funding, Ligier are understood to be courting fellow Formula 3000 driver Eric Bernard. It is understood that the Frenchman is pr Article obscured by cigarette ash

Team: Ligier
Candidate: Eric Bernard
Offered Wage: [£300,000]

Chassis: C
Engine Choice: Yamaha
Tyre: Pirelli
Butterfox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Butterfox »

Im gonna pull out.
I don't know what i want and i want it now!
takagi_for_the_win

Post by takagi_for_the_win »

Opportunistic as ever, I'll throw my name into the hat for a waiting list if one exists for this series. If not, disregard the village alcoholic.
TORA! TORA! TORA!
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Iceberg United States Grand Prix

Pre-Qualifying

After the winter break Formula 1 finally returns with the United States Grand Prix at the Phoenix street circuit, now the first race of the season to avoid track break-ups. All eyes are on the new teams in pre-qualifying: successful F3000 outfit Oreca make their debut today with a strong driver lineup; fellow F3000 team Middlebridge have brought the Brabham name back to Formula 1 for the first time since 1986; and eccentric Italian Ernesto Vita brings his eponymous team Life Racing Engines to F1 to showcase his Life W12 engine.

1) Oreca-Ford 3:00.747
2) Rial-Lamborghini 3:02.166
3) Brabham-Ford 3:03.071
4) Ligier-Yamaha 3:09.319
5) Life 4:01.521
6) Coloni-Subaru 4:31.654

Oreca top the session and the individual times on their debut thanks to a stunning lap from Stefan Johansson, the experienced Swede setting a time 7 tenths faster than rookie team-mate Erik Comas. Comas, the reigning Formula 3000 champion, impressed on his Formula 1 debut at what is considered one of the most challenging circuits on the calendar. Rial join Oreca in main qualifying, with Andrea de Cesaris setting the 3rd fastest time, 4 tenths ahead of rookie team-mate JJ Lehto. Mark Blundell did well to drag the Brabham between the Rials on his Formula 1 debut, Eric Bernard did the best he could in the Yamaha powered Ligier, and Yannick Dalmas was horrendously off the pace. The Life duo of Leonhard von Gottorp and Bruno Giacomelli struggled with a complete lack of power, and both Colonis suffered from gearbox issues which prevented them from reaching above second gear.
Last edited by pasta_maldonado on 09 Apr 2018, 20:28, edited 1 time in total.
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Autosport wrote:Yannick Dalmas Retires From Formula 1

Yannick Dalmas has announced his immediate retirement from Formula 1 following failing to pre-qualify for the United States Grand Prix. Dalmas, 29, was diagnosed with Legionnaires disease in late 1988, and has battled to return to full fitness since.

"It has been a tough decision for me to make, but I feel that my the situation has progressed to a level where I cannot compete at my best any more" said Dalmas.

"I have fully recovered from Legionnaire's [disease] but despite hard work I have decided that I am unable to continue in Formula 1"

"I thank the Ligier team for their patience, my fans for their support, and anyone else who has helped me in my Formula One career."

Guy Ligier added "The decision has very much been undertaken by Yannick himself, and [Ligier] respect his wishes to retire from the sport"

It is not clear who will replace Dalmas in the second Ligier, although the team has been rumoured to be interested in the services of Didier Artzet or Aguri Suzuki.
Miguel98

Post by Miguel98 »

pasta_maldonado wrote:
Autosport wrote:Yannick Dalmas Retires From Formula 1

Yannick Dalmas has announced his immediate retirement from Formula 1 following failing to pre-qualify for the United States Grand Prix. Dalmas, 29, was diagnosed with Legionnaires disease in late 1988, and has battled to return to full fitness since.

"It has been a tough decision for me to make, but I feel that my the situation has progressed to a level where I cannot compete at my best any more" said Dalmas.

"I have fully recovered from Legionnaire's [disease] but despite hard work I have decided that I am unable to continue in Formula 1"

"I thank the Ligier team for their patience, my fans for their support, and anyone else who has helped me in my Formula One career."

Guy Ligier added "The decision has very much been undertaken by Yannick himself, and [Ligier] respect his wishes to retire from the sport"

It is not clear who will replace Dalmas in the second Ligier, although the team has been rumoured to be interested in the services of Didier Artzet or Aguri Suzuki.

There's touring car seats waiting for him :D
Mario on Gutierrez after the Italian Grand Prix wrote:He's no longer just a bit of a tool, he's the entire tool set.

18-07-2015: Forever in our hearts Jules.
25-08-2015: Forever in our hearts Justin.
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Iceberg United States Grand Prix

Qualifying

Race

Fastest Lap - Ayrton Senna
Driver of the race - Isabella Noriko
Reject of the Race - JEV

The season would get off to a dramatic start as Satoru Nakajima outbraked himself into Turn 1 and took his eam-mate Thierry Boutsen out of the race, who then was a passenger as his three-wheeled March careened into Gerhard Berger. Nakajima and Berger would live to race another day, albeit with the latter in last position, but Boutsen was out on the spot. The big winners of the first corner were Alain Prost and Isabella Noriko, with the former getting the best start and outdragging Senna for the lead and the latter slipping a sublime move down the inside to not only avoid the Boutsen drama but also catch several drivers unaware in order to move up to a short-lived 5th position.

However, this would not last long for our intrepid turn 1 heroes. Noriko would quickly slip down to 8th, but Prost would be in for a worse fate - an early Transmission failure putting him out of the race on lap 5. Insult was swiftly added to the Williams injury when JEV, unsighted behind the Arrows of Gauthier, hit the back of the stopped Prost taking himself out of the race.

This lead Senna in the lead of the race, where he'd stay until his first pitstop, rejoining on faster tyres and catching leader Nannini. The race turned into a waiting game, but Nannini had a few Energizers on board and kept going and going and going and going and going and going....all the way to lap 47 on one set of tyres, and which point Senna and a charging Berger had been in twice for new tyres. With Senna retiring not long after Nannini's only stop, the Italian managed the proceedings to win his maiden Grand Prix ahead of Berger by over a minute. The 1987 world champion had had a storming comeback, pipping Dagnall to claim second and victory in a race-long battle with Daggers just 2 laps before the flag. For another first, Isabella Noriko drove a fantastic race to be the best of the rest in 5th position and earn 2 world championship points - her first in over two seasons in Formula One.

In the midfield, the validity of the March-Honda package was proved as Nakajima held Brendon Cassidy behind him for the best part of 30 laps, despite the Lotus being much faster in the corners. Cassidy wouldn't see the flag either, but team-mate FMV did hold on to claim a solitary point for the Lotus team.

Lap Charts

Race Video
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/248869690
AdrianBelmonte_

Post by AdrianBelmonte_ »

I want to join the waiting list if there's a waiting list
#FoxesFansHooligans

#HaasShouldBeSoLucky
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Nestle Brazilian Grand Prix

Pre-Qualifying

1) Oreca-Ford 2:54.527
2) Rial-Lamborghini 2:56.179
3) Brabham-Ford 2:57.276
4) Ligier-Yamaha 2:58.869
5) Coloni-Subaru 3:03.089
6) Life 3:55.339

No surprises here. The only out-of-the-ordinary thing to occur was Barilla having a Subaru engine failure, but I get the feeling there'll be more of that as the season progresses.

Qualifying

Race

Fastest Lap - Chris Dagnall
Driver of the race - Chris Dagnall
Reject of the Race - Pierluigi Martini

Lap Charts

Pierlugi Martini was disqualified from the race and handed a 1 race ban for colliding with Patrese after rejoining the track in an unsafe manner. His replacement for the Pacific Grand Prix will be Ivan Capelli, unless Simtek objects.

Race Video
[url][/url]
Bobby Doorknobs

Post by Bobby Doorknobs »

Wait a minute, Autopolis doesn't open until November...

Well, if we're doing this, we might as well throw a 'local' into the cockpit. We want two things: Hitoshi Ogawa, and whatever money he can bring to sweeten the deal.
#FreeGonzo
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Yaname Electronics Pacific Grand Prix

Simtek wrote:Wait a minute, Autopolis doesn't open until November...

Well, if we're doing this, we might as well throw a 'local' into the cockpit. We want two things: Hitoshi Ogawa, and whatever money he can bring to sweeten the deal.

Sorry, I'd already run the race with Ivan Capelli in the car before you'd posted. As compensation, I'll award Minardi the money Ogawa would've brought, and the opportunity to replace one of your regular drivers at the Japanese Grand Prix free of repercussion and charge.

And as for Autopolis opening in November, I forgot in canon the construction was brought forward to be ready for the Grand Prix.

Pre-Qualifying

1) Oreca-Ford 3:10.899
2) Rial-Lamborghini 3:13.962
3) Brabham-Ford 3:15.269
4) Coloni-Subaru 3:18.797
5) Ligier-Yamaha 3:20.062
6) Life 4:17.929

Qualifying

Race

Fastest Lap - Nigel Mansell
Driver of the race - Alain Prost
Reject of the Race - Andrea de Cesaris (went off in some capacity 7 times during the race)

Lap Charts

Race Video
Part 1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wIf7cN1OMIk&t=636s
Part 2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SwLBR6l8dmI

The race is split into two parts thanks to my internet soiling itself halfway through the broadcast.
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

We're not quite ready for a Pre-Q shuffle yet - due to the 17 races on the calendar, the schedule for Pre-Q shuffles will be as follows:

Period 1: Rounds 1 to 4 (4 races)
Period 2: Rounds 5 to 8 (4 races)
Period 3: Rounds 9 to 11 (3 races)
Period 4: Rounds 12 to 14 (3 races)
Period 5: Rounds 15 to 17 (3 races)
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Kronenbourg San Marino Grand Prix

Pre-Qualifying

1) Rial-Lamborghini 3:02.089
2) Oreca-Ford 3:02.197
3) Brabham-Ford 3:03.238
4) Ligier-Yamaha 3:06.538
5) Coloni-Subaru 3:12.005
6) Life 4:07.387

Qualifying

Race

Fastest Lap - Alain Prost
Driver of the race - JEV / Jack Christopherson
Reject of the Race - Nigel Mansell - Lazy spin eliminated chance of a podium finish

Lap Charts

Race Video
Part 1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0SichbaiwU&list=PLgzIFlBLllWLCHtRIAcY2S3eYHoFbeLV7&index=8
Part 2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJlHe2s4KR8&index=9&list=PLgzIFlBLllWLCHtRIAcY2S3eYHoFbeLV7
Part 3: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6QpoB0pPrRg&index=10&list=PLgzIFlBLllWLCHtRIAcY2S3eYHoFbeLV7

The race is split into three parts thanks to my internet soiling itself through the broadcast.
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Monaco Grand Prix

Pre-Qualifying

1) AGS-Judd 2:51.179
2) Brabham-Ford 2:52.347
3) Ligier-Yamaha 2:52.581
4) Osella-Judd 2:53.452
5) Coloni-Subaru 2:57.615
6) Life 3:37.067

Qualifying

Race

Fastest Lap - Ayrton Senna (do Brasil)
Driver of the race - Jack Christopherson (charged back from the back of the field, only to retire with 6 laps to go)
Reject of the Race - Alain Prost - Tried lapping de Cesaris exiting the Swimming pool. It wasn't effective.

Lap Charts

Race Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o4-iOHSertE

My internet didn't shite itself this time!

Upgrades
Now, the moment quite a few of you have been waiting for - upgrades.

Unlike Alt78, you can only make one upgrade from now until the end of the season. So, choose wisely from the options given in the spreadsheet (first tab), and then post your requests using the form below. Budgets have been updated to post-Monaco.

Upgrades will close after race 15.

Code: Select all

Team:
User:
Upgrade Tier:
This Could Be You

Re: Alt F1 1990 - A New Decade - Monaco GP & Upgrades

Post by This Could Be You »

Team: Honda Marlboro Mclaren
User: This Could Be You
Upgrade Tier: Gamma
Your Signature Here

Named after HRT, now on HRT
Gertrand Bachot

Post by Gertrand Bachot »

Team: Motor Racing Developments Ltd
User: GertrandBachot
Upgrade Tier: Beta
Dom_Wings

Post by Dom_Wings »

Team: Rothmans Team Tyrrell
User: Reject_Dom
Upgrade Tier: Beta
Join the GPR Discord server! https://discord.com/invite/6YDQ3aV
kevinbotz

Post by kevinbotz »

Team: Benetton Arrows
User: kevinbotz
Upgrade Tier: Eta
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

The 1990 Canadian Grand Prix is currently live [7:30 PM BST]: https://client00.chat.mibbit.com/?channel=#F1Rejects
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: Alt F1 1990 - A New Decade - Canadian GP & Upgrades

Pre-Qualifying

1) AGS-Judd 2:53.121
2) Osella-Judd 2:53.255
3) Brabham-Ford 2:53.768
4) Ligier-Yamaha 2:57.402
5) Coloni-Subaru 3:00.673
6) Life 3:37.506

Qualifying

Race

Fastest Lap - Chris "Daggers" Dagnall
Driver of the race - Gerhard Berger
Reject of the Race - Williams - Failed 3 stop strategy

Lap Charts

Race Video
https://youtu.be/w-zYp5c3e1o

Now 100% copyright free! Apologies, Biscione, my fault for not thinking

Upgrades
Unlike Alt78, you can only make one upgrade from now until the end of the season. So, choose wisely from the options given in the spreadsheet (first tab), and then post your requests using the form below. Budgets have been updated to post-Canada.

Upgrades will close after race 15.

Code: Select all

Team:
User:
Upgrade Tier:
[/quote]
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

Team: Leyton House March
User: Wizzie
Normal32

Post by Normal32 »

Team: Larrousse
User: Normal32
Pasta_maldonado wrote:I think normal32 is an old English farmer re-incarnated
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Normal32 wrote:Team: Larrousse
Wizzie wrote:Team: Leyton House March

Larousse and March currently do not have enough funds to complete an upgrade, as teams may only take out £500,000 in debt.
kevinbotz

Post by kevinbotz »

pasta_maldonado wrote:
Normal32 wrote:Team: Larrousse
Wizzie wrote:Team: Leyton House March

Larousse and March currently do not have enough funds to complete an upgrade, as teams may only take out £500,000 in debt.

pasta_maldonado wrote:Additionally, since I've had a few questions regarding debt, teams may start the season with no more than £500,000 in debt. If you are still in debt by the end of the season, you will become bankrupt.

The sole stipulations regarding debt appear to concern the state of a team's finances at the start, and at the end, of a season; no limits are explicitly defined for in-season debt.