ARWS 2020 it's here! - Current DC2 - Post test lineups!

The place for current RWRS universe and "canon" historical series
Salamander

Re: ARWS 2020 it's here!

Post by Salamander »

FantometteBR wrote:
pasta_maldonado wrote:
Didn’t Euromotor already sign Benoit Voeckler?

Yes, but there is one seat still available

Timmy O'Toole reiterates his availability and interest in a backup reserve test driver role.
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
FantometteBR

Post by FantometteBR »

Salamander wrote:
FantometteBR wrote:
pasta_maldonado wrote:
Didn’t Euromotor already sign Benoit Voeckler?

Yes, but there is one seat still available

Timmy O'Toole reiterates his availability and interest in a backup reserve test driver role.

If it fits the team's needs, he is in
Bertrand Gachot, Pacific, Connew and Piercarlo Ghinzani's No.1 Fan

1995 Rejects-1 World Champion with Driver (Julio Vaca) and Team (V.I.D.A.) - Because the first time you can never forget
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

FantometteBR wrote:
Salamander wrote:Timmy O'Toole reiterates his availability and interest in a backup reserve test driver role.

If it fits the team's needs, he is in

Timmy O'Toole gladly takes Euromotor's offer of a backup reserve test driver role.
Everything's great.
FantometteBR

Post by FantometteBR »

Well, with that done. Now, on to an engine!

1995 Rejects-1 World Champion with Driver (Julio Vaca) and Team (V.I.D.A.) - Because the first time you can never forget
Gonzalez

Post by Gonzalez »

A Newspaper extract from Espanola Deportes wrote:

Mediterranean Motorsport announces ARWS Entry

It has come as a surprise from an up-and-coming team based in Spain that they have announced that they would be joining the ARWS grid for the 2020 season. Further plans will follow in due course.

Plans in regards to the what Chassis and Tires etc will be used, will be considered soon. As Jean-Luc Schiller appears to be available, the team are willing to ask him for his services.
Gertrand Bachot

Post by Gertrand Bachot »

Gonzalez wrote:

It has come as a surprise from an up-and-coming team based in Spain that they have announced that they would be joining the ARWS grid for the 2020 season. Further plans will follow in due course.

Plans in regards to the what Chassis and Tires etc will be used, will be considered soon. As Jean-Luc Schiller appears to be available, the team are willing to ask him for his services.

Jean-Maxime Bachot is willing to put his name forward for the second driver's seat in your team.
Gonzalez

Post by Gonzalez »

Gertrand Bachot wrote:
Gonzalez wrote:

Jean-Maxime Bachot is willing to put his name forward for the second driver's seat in your team.

Upon careful in deciding, it's finally a done deal. He will be racing in the second seat.

I'll be willing to offer Gary Pacer for the first seat as well as Miguel Silva for Test Driver role.

MeMo's Chassis is currently under development however I'll continue to wait until I find out the prices for the chassis kinds available
Aerond
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Aerond »

Gonzalez wrote:
Upon careful in deciding, it's finally a done deal. He will be racing in the second seat.

Jean-Maxime Bachot doesn't have a valid license and therefore cannot be entered in the series. He can drive at the pre-season testing though, and if deemed fit by the ARWS commission, he may be granted a license.
Tread lightly in ARWS. Every decision might be your last.
Aerond
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Aerond »

DC 1 - Starting August 3rd :)
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: ARWS 2020 it's here! - DC1 from 3rd August

Post by pasta_maldonado »

AutoReject wrote:Schiller, Ibe, Pazzini linked with vacant GASR seat

GA Squadron Racing have been linked with multiple drivers as the German-Argentine squad quest to fill their second seat ahead of their debut ARWS season. The team, owned by eccentric German-Argentine businessman Enrique von Richter, have a competitive base after buying the assets of the former Venturi Formula operation, but nothing has been announced on the driver front since the announcement that Fredo Mestolio would stay with the team for 2020. There are three main candidates for the drive:

Jean-Luc Schilller is the current odds-on favourite to take the second seat, with the Swiss driver coming off the back of a successful season for Simpson Motorsports, in which he scored one less point than highly rated team-mate Alexey Buyvolov, despite missing two events. Schiller is currently without a drive for 2020.

Roger Ibe, who finished third in AR 3.5 in 2019, is a highly rated driver who would adapt well to ARWS competition. However, Ibe is yet to publicly announce his intentions for the new season, with rumours suggesting that he has no interest in competing in ARWS.

Gianluigi Pazzini is also out of a drive after Rob Lomas Racing were declared bankrupt. Despite not comparing favourably to experienced team-mate Jesus Plaza, a move to a financially stable team could bring out the best in Pazzini Initially rumoured to be joining Venturi for 2020 before the team's buy-out, it is unclear if an offer for Pazzini is still on the table.
Klon wrote:more liek Nick Ass-idy amirite?
novitopoli
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: ARWS 2020 it's here! - DC1 from 3rd August

Post by novitopoli »

Rejectsport wrote:Scuderia Adriatica announces Pure-Hart engine deal

In what many have considered a shock move, Scuderia Adriatica has announced today the signing of a customer engine deal with Pure-Hart. The one-year deal, which will cover the last year of the current engine regulations, will provide the fledgling Italian outfit with powerful and reliable engines and the Swiss-British manufacturer with a further source of feedback on their power units (after having only supplied Mecha in the previous season).

Rejectsport wrote:Newcomers without tyres?

While ARWS newcomers Scuderia Adriatica have just announced Pure-Hart as their engine manufacturer for the 2020 season, the Italian outfit doesn't seem to have finalized a tyre supplier deal, with some suggesting Chinese manufacturer Goodride, who last supplied Rob Lomas Racing for the first two races of the 2019 season, may express interest to step-in. A spokesperson for the team suggested that there are ongoing talkes with many suppliers, but no deal has been finalized despite pre-season testing getting closer and closer.
sw3ishida wrote:Jolyon Palmer brought us closer as a couple, for which I am grateful.

Ataxia wrote:
Londoner wrote:Something I've thought about - what happens to our canon should we have a worldwide recession or some other outside event?

We'll be fine. It's Canon, non Kodak.
Aerond
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: ARWS 2020 it's here! - Currently DC1

Post by Aerond »

FantometteBR

Post by FantometteBR »

Euromotor will try some Goodyear Engines. And about engines, is divided between Great Wall, Holden and Pure-Hart client system

Aerond
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Aerond »

FantometteBR wrote:Euromotor will try some Goodyear Engines. And about engines, is divided between Great Wall, Holden and Pure-Hart client system

Pure-Hart engines are already taken
Aerond
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: ARWS 2020 it's here! - Current DC1 - Post your test line

Post by Aerond »

Hi;

You can start posting your driver line-ups for testing now :)

- Max. 2 drivers per test
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

The management of Timmy O'Toole would like for their client to be present at each test for Euromotor.
Everything's great.
MinardiFan95

Post by MinardiFan95 »

Simpson will use Goodyear tyres this season and will be running Alexey Buyvolov and Mineiro in both pre-season test days. Michael Robertson will be the team's reserve driver.
This is a cool spot.
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

GASR will run Fredo Mestolio and Gianluigi Pazzini on both testing days.
Peteroli34

Post by Peteroli34 »

EVR announce Driver

Eric Vincent Racing have confirmed that Finnish driver Tommi Hämäläinen will join the team for the 2020 season. Hämäläinen becomes the first driver to be signed to the team for this year with the identity of his teammate still yet to be determined. The team also announced that they would make the switch from running Pirelli tyres to Goodyear
novitopoli
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by novitopoli »

Adriatica will run Jesús Plaza and Thomas Butler on both test days.

In tangential news, Seamus Belcher of F5000 fame will be the team's test driver.
sw3ishida wrote:Jolyon Palmer brought us closer as a couple, for which I am grateful.

Ataxia wrote:
Londoner wrote:Something I've thought about - what happens to our canon should we have a worldwide recession or some other outside event?

We'll be fine. It's Canon, non Kodak.
FMecha

Post by FMecha »

Both regular drivers will be on both tests. Also, for this season, we will make a switch to Goodyear.
PSN ID: FMecha_EXE | FMecha on GT Sport
SeedStriker

Re: ARWS 2020 it's here! - Curren DC1 - Post test lineups!

Post by SeedStriker »

USD will go with titular lineup for the tests
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klon »

Carmen Álvarez Torrente and Darren Older, Jr. do day one.
Zaituni Dileita and Darren Older, Jr. do day two.
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

Jones will run their drivers as follows:

Day 1: Nathanael Cameron & Nick Nurmester
Day 2: Ashley Cassidy & Nick Nurmester
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

RejectSport wrote:Pazzini completes GASR lineup

GA Squadron Racing have confirmed that Gianluigi Pazzini will be returning to the ARWS championship this year as their second driver. The Italian sophomore driver had been scheduled to compete with Rob Lomas Racing until the team was dissolved in the off-season.

"It's been a long off-season but I'm happy to finally know what the future holds for me." said Pazzini. "I'm thankful for the GASR team providing me the opportunity to shine in the series. I've always felt I've had the ability to make it at the top of ARWS, and now I'll finally have the equipment to do it."

Pazzini joins fellow Italian Fredo Mestolio for the 2020 season, a continuation of his existing contract with previous team owners Venturi. It's also believed that Indycar Series regular Ryan McReynolds will make his ARWS debut at the Indianapolis round later this year, but the deal is yet to be finalised.

RejectSport wrote:MRT retain Albertini, announce test lineups

Jean-Vincent Albertini will remain with MRT as their official reserve driver for the ARWS squad, as part of an expanded role within the organisation. In addition to his ARWS duties, the Monegasque driver will also be spearheading BMW's FIA Endurance Championship program for this year.

"JV has been an important part of the team in the past twelve months, and we're happy to be able to keep in for the foreseeable future." said MRT team manager Don Rennis "He's been instrumental in helping develop the car during last season, and he's a more than capable driver in his own right."

The team also confirmed their testing lineups for the pre-season tests. Albertini will be in the car for both days, with Alberto Cara driving the second car on day 1, before new recruit Akira Yamamura jumps into the car for day 2.
Last edited by TomWazzleshaw on 04 Aug 2018, 23:01, edited 1 time in total.
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
Aerond
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Aerond »

Also I would like to remind all team owners that I don't have your GP2 templates yet for the 2021 cars
Gonzalez

Post by Gonzalez »

Mediterranean will introduce their own chassis (Tier 3) called the Memo-Uno and willl opt for Goodyear Tires.

They will also bring in the following drivers to the test:

Driver 1: Jean Maxime Bachot
Driver 2: TBA

Both drivers would participate on both days.

We will ask Jean Vincent Albertini to test in our second driver slot.
Last edited by Gonzalez on 05 Aug 2018, 08:41, edited 2 times in total.
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

AutoReject wrote:Ryan McReynolds to make ARWS debut at Indy 500km

IndyCar series regular Ryan McReynolds will make his ARWS debut at this year's running of the Indy 500km for GA Squadron Racing. McReynolds, 27, is competing full-time in the IndyCar series this year, with GASR optimistic that McReynolds oval experience can elevate the team's performance at ARWS' only oval event.

"Ryan's experience in F1RICS and IndyCar is a vital asset for the team's oval preparations" said GASR team principal, Wolfgang Schwein.

"It is no secret that the [Indy] 500k is one of, if not the most, challenging events on the calendar, so to come in to the event with an advantage is a great psychological boost for the team".

McReynolds will be replacing Gianluigi Pazzini at GASR for the Indy 500km, with the Italian electing to not participate in the event.

www.autoreject.com/news-in-brief wrote:Martyn Rietacher joins GA Squadron as test driver

GASR have announced that Martyn Rietacher has joined the team in a testing role. Rietacher has previous testing experience, having tested for Plus One Kingfisher Racing in 2017.
CaptainGetz12
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by CaptainGetz12 »

What exactly are you looking for for 2021 chassis?

And here is RUF Blokkmonsta Grand Prix Team's testing schedule:

Day 1: Hansuke Shioya/Martin McFry
Day 2: Hansuke Shioya
Klon wrote:What did poor André do to you for him to be insulted like that?
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

RejectSport wrote:Hawkin leaves ARWS, replaced by Pascal

Lotto Fusion Racing shocked the ARWS paddock this morning, confirming that Terry Hawkin has left the team with a year still to run on his current contract. The former ARWS champion experienced a horror season in 2019, as he slumped to 7th in the standings with zero wins and 22 points, nearly 90 points fewer than eventual champion Bastiaan van Nieuwenhuijzen.

Concerns over the last few months have been raised over Hawkin's mental state after a tough season, and his self-enforced sabbatical from the ARWS is believed to be part of his recovery process. In his place, Swiss veteran journeyman Gregor Pascal has been signed to a one-year deal, with many believing Hawkin will return to the series for 2021.

"Terry had an awful year last season, and the fact of the matter is as a team we were simply not good enough." said Lotto team owner Miguel Rocha. "Terry made the decision on his own, and think its the best way to ensure Terry returns in 2021 safe and ready to pounce back. He had another year left in his contract, but with his current state of mind, it's not a good idea to be wearing a helmet and drive."

"With that however, the opportunity came up to bring Gregor into the family." continued Rocha. "He is a safe pair of hands - and that's all Fusion needs right now. 2020 is already off anyway, so the only thing is to prepare for the 2021 assault."

Pascal joined Austrian driver Marko Jantscher in the team, who comes off the back of two seasons at the midfield NRE operation.
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
Miguel98

Post by Miguel98 »

Day 1: Marko Jantscher & Gregor Pascal
Day 2: Marko Jantscher & Gregor Pascal
Mario on Gutierrez after the Italian Grand Prix wrote:He's no longer just a bit of a tool, he's the entire tool set.

18-07-2015: Forever in our hearts Jules.
25-08-2015: Forever in our hearts Justin.
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

The Jones 2020 livery is available here.
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
CaptainGetz12
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by CaptainGetz12 »

RejectSport wrote:Blokkmonsta picks Shioya as Lead Driver

With the pre-season entering its final weeks Blokkmonsta finally announced a new development for the team's 2020 effort in ARWS. In a press release they introduced Hansuke Shioya to the team "We are excited to have Shioya pilot our newest machine in ARWS. With his experience we hope to pose a serious challenge to the rest of the field this year!" spoke Team Owner Andrea Schnass.

Shioya departed from Eric Vincent Racing at the end of 2019. When asked about Shioya's lack of recent results Schnass brought up the fact that Shioya was saddled with subpar chassis. "Shioya spent the last few seasons saddled with bottom-tier machinery, not able to show his skills in a sizable car like earlier in his career. With our newest car we are confident that Shioya will ot be struggling with a subpar chassis."

Shioya is confirmed to be the number one driver for the team. No comment has yet been made by his teammate Martin McFry on this development.

Motorsport Minute wrote:ARWS: Blokkmonsta Sign Engine and Tire Contracts for 2020

RUF Blokkmonsta have announced their engine contract with Pure-Hart for their ARWS team. The team had difficulty finding a contract during the off-season due to the team's infamous bashing of their previous engine supplier Holden. The team will have the engines for 1 year in their current format, with ARWS switching to a new engine format for 2021.

Blokkmonsta also extended their contract with Dunlop as their tire supplier. The sign is another indicator that the team has made progress with their chassis development in the off-season, and the team hopes that the car will have less dire a need for qualifying pace to escape pre-qualifying.
Klon wrote:What did poor André do to you for him to be insulted like that?
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

RejectSport wrote:MRT end Dunlop association, signs with Goodyear

Melrose Racing Team dropped a bombshell on the ARWS paddock by announcing they had ditched long-term tyre supplier Dunlop on the eve of the 2020 season. MRT have run Dunlop tyres since the 2016 season, having helped them to win three Harvey Jones Memorial trophies in a row and ran as the title sponsor of the team during 2018. In their place, MRT have signed American manufacturer Goodyear on a one-plus-one year contract.

"Firstly, we'd like to thank Dunlop for being with us for the past four seasons," said MRT Team Manager Don Rennis. "We have had some great moments together, and we wish them all the best in the future. In their place, we've gained a new partner in Goodyear, and we can't wait to get started with them. Early testing with our 2019 car has already proven promising, and we can't wait to see what we can do with Goodyear this year."

The move has been seen as a powerplay by the team, with the general consensus that MRT are in 'win now' mode before the new rules package comes in for 2021. As the first major team to announce their tyre choice, it's expected that fellow championship rivals Kjellerup, Voeckler and NRE will make announcements on their 2020 deals in the coming days.
SeedStriker

Post by SeedStriker »

Kinda forgot about this:

USD will continue his association with Goodyear rubber for this new season
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

Both test days will be attended by our regular drivers.

We'll continue using Goodyear rubber.

Livery here: http://www.paste.fi/file/15335726228917
Eurosport broadcast for the 1990 Mexican GP prequalifying:
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
pi314159

Post by pi314159 »

Kjellerup will run Bastiaan van Nieuwenhuijzen and Mark Dagnall on both days. The team will switch to Goodyear tyres for the upcoming season.
pasta_maldonado wrote:The stewards have recommended that Alan Jones learns to drive.
Miguel98

Post by Miguel98 »

Autosport wrote:Fusion announces switch to Bridgestone tyres

In a press conference today, where the "new" FL1/20 was presented to the public - "new", because its an updated version of the 2017 car - the Fusion team has announced that it'll run Bridgestone tyres for 2020.

The team principal of the team, Miguel Rocha, said to the reporters "We saw the progress Bridgestone made last year with Venturi, and with Venturi gone, it opened the window for us, as we signed a 2 year contract with Bridgestone to provide us with tyres for 2020 and the 2021 season."

Last year, using Bridgestone tyres, the Venturi team finished 5th in the WCC, and on many tracks gave fight to the top teams, specially when it rained - the Bridgestone wet tyre being considered the best wet tyre on the grid.

Fusion will switch to Bridgestone tyres for this season.
Mario on Gutierrez after the Italian Grand Prix wrote:He's no longer just a bit of a tool, he's the entire tool set.

18-07-2015: Forever in our hearts Jules.
25-08-2015: Forever in our hearts Justin.
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Voeckler Renault will run Dunlop tyres in 2020.

Testing line-up
Day 1: Nicolas/Greenlaw
Day 2: Greenlaw/Pykalisto
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

RejectSport wrote:MRT to test Aeroscreen, Halo

After much speculation of who will be testing the recently announced Aeroscreen and Halo driver protection devices, MRT have been the first to confirm their testing plans, announcing that Jean-Vincent Albertini will be testing both devices over the course of the two day test.

"The ARWS Commission came to us asking to help with their R&D work, and we were more than happy to help," said MRT Team Manager Don Rennis. "JV is the perfect guy for the job, and it's best for him to do all the testing for us to provide the best feedback for the Commission. He'll be running the Aeroscreen on day one before we install the Halo for day two. We're eager to see what the results are, as safety should always be a priority for the series."

While other teams are yet to confirm whether they will opt-in for Aeroscreen and Halo testing, it's believed that up to five other teams, including Fusion Motorsport, Eric Vincent Racing and Simpson Motorsport, have already opted into dedicating at least some track time to the development.