ARWS 2020 it's here! - Current DC2 - Post test lineups!

The place for current RWRS universe and "canon" historical series
FantometteBR

Re: ARWS 2020 it's here! - Currently DC1

Post by FantometteBR »

Aerond wrote:
FantometteBR wrote:Euromotor will try some Goodyear Engines. And about engines, is divided between Great Wall, Holden and Pure-Hart client system

Pure-Hart engines are already taken

Holden are free still?
Bertrand Gachot, Pacific, Connew and Piercarlo Ghinzani's No.1 Fan

1995 Rejects-1 World Champion with Driver (Julio Vaca) and Team (V.I.D.A.) - Because the first time you can never forget
CaptainGetz12
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: ARWS 2020 it's here! - Curren DC1 - Post test lineups!

Post by CaptainGetz12 »

Rejectsport wrote:Blokkmonsta to lose AirBerlin Sponsorship

Blokkmonsta's sponsorship fortunes continue to crumble. AirBerlin officially shut its doors earlier today after spending several months in administration. Blokkmonsta has not commented on the status of the sponsor, but a press-release claimed that the team "Will remain full-steam ahead."

With AirBerlin gone and without a title sponsor Blokkmonsta will go into 2020 with no more than a few tech sponsorships from Greddy and Duracell. The team has been silent in regards to questions surrounding its leadership and from where they would get further sponsorship.

AirBerlin's assets are expected to be sold off in the coming months, with EasyJet and Ryanair expected to take a large portion of the airline's personnel and equipment. Neither EasyJet nor Ryanair have expressed comment in regards to whether they would take AirBerlin's sponsorship contract in the proceedings.

(Anyone have any sponsorship ideas, let me know :D )
Klon wrote:What did poor André do to you for him to be insulted like that?
Gertrand Bachot

Post by Gertrand Bachot »

CaptainGetz12 wrote:(Anyone have any sponsorship ideas, let me know :D )

You can always use Shannon Racing... ;) :badoer:
Gonzalez

Post by Gonzalez »

CaptainGetz12 wrote:
Rejectsport wrote:Blokkmonsta to lose AirBerlin Sponsorship

Blokkmonsta's sponsorship fortunes continue to crumble. AirBerlin officially shut its doors earlier today after spending several months in administration. Blokkmonsta has not commented on the status of the sponsor, but a press-release claimed that the team "Will remain full-steam ahead."

With AirBerlin gone and without a title sponsor Blokkmonsta will go into 2020 with no more than a few tech sponsorships from Greddy and Duracell. The team has been silent in regards to questions surrounding its leadership and from where they would get further sponsorship.

AirBerlin's assets are expected to be sold off in the coming months, with EasyJet and Ryanair expected to take a large portion of the airline's personnel and equipment. Neither EasyJet nor Ryanair have expressed comment in regards to whether they would take AirBerlin's sponsorship contract in the proceedings.

(Anyone have any sponsorship ideas, let me know :D )

ICE Express? DB?
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klon »

CaptainGetz12 wrote:
Rejectsport wrote:[b]](Anyone have any sponsorship ideas, let me know :D )

If you are looking for a cool livery, German magazine Stern used to sponsor DTM cars a while back.
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Klon wrote:
CaptainGetz12 wrote:
Rejectsport wrote:[b]](Anyone have any sponsorship ideas, let me know :D )

If you are looking for a cool livery, German magazine Stern used to sponsor DTM cars a while back.

I was going to suggest the ProMarkt / J.D. Neuhaus Calibra livery but apparently ProMarkt is no more :(

When it comes to German racing sponsors, you can't go amiss with Sonax. Which would tie in nicely colour-wise with Stern too.
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
novitopoli
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by novitopoli »

Rejectsport wrote:Commerzbank announced as Scuderia Adriatica main sponsor

In a surprising move, Scuderia Adriatica, the first Italian outfit to enter AutoReject World Series after four years, has undertaken a partnership with German bank Commerzbank. The bank will be Adriatica's main sponsor for the next two years, with an option for a third year of sponsorship; the yellow logos will be seen on the team's SAF20-01 cars, driven by Jesus Plaza and Thomas Butler. A Commerzbank spokesperson has expressed the bank's eagerness to invest in a promising new outfit and link its name to the team's successes - on the other hand, no comments have been made by either party on the details of the deal.

As Rejectsport understands, the team will, at least for the current season, remain known as simply Scuderia Adriatica in the official entry lists, a denomination which may be set to change for 2021.

By the way, it would be nice if someone would find some time to do an Adriatica livery - white, yellow and black with Commerzbank, Eni, Saint-Gobain, Mondadori sponsorship :)
sw3ishida wrote:Jolyon Palmer brought us closer as a couple, for which I am grateful.

Ataxia wrote:
Londoner wrote:Something I've thought about - what happens to our canon should we have a worldwide recession or some other outside event?

We'll be fine. It's Canon, non Kodak.
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

novitopoli wrote:
Rejectsport wrote:Commerzbank announced as Scuderia Adriatica main sponsor

In a surprising move, Scuderia Adriatica, the first Italian outfit to enter AutoReject World Series after four years, has undertaken a partnership with German bank Commerzbank. The bank will be Adriatica's main sponsor for the next two years, with an option for a third year of sponsorship; the yellow logos will be seen on the team's SAF20-01 cars, driven by Jesus Plaza and Thomas Butler. A Commerzbank spokesperson has expressed the bank's eagerness to invest in a promising new outfit and link its name to the team's successes - on the other hand, no comments have been made by either party on the details of the deal.

As Rejectsport understands, the team will, at least for the current season, remain known as simply Scuderia Adriatica in the official entry lists, a denomination which may be set to change for 2021.

By the way, it would be nice if someone would find some time to do an Adriatica livery - white, yellow and black with Commerzbank, Eni, Saint-Gobain, Mondadori sponsorship :)

How's this?
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
FantometteBR

Post by FantometteBR »

When everything (and mostly important, if) is sorted out, Euromotor will be part of the tests

Benoit Voeckler and O'Toole will take part in both days, since team hasn't a second driver yet. If there will be a second driver till that, it will take O'Toole's role in one of the days

1995 Rejects-1 World Champion with Driver (Julio Vaca) and Team (V.I.D.A.) - Because the first time you can never forget
novitopoli
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by novitopoli »

Ataxia wrote:How's this?

That's exactly what I had in mind, thanks! :)
sw3ishida wrote:Jolyon Palmer brought us closer as a couple, for which I am grateful.

Ataxia wrote:
Londoner wrote:Something I've thought about - what happens to our canon should we have a worldwide recession or some other outside event?

Gonzalez

Post by Gonzalez »

Brucie Kibbutz confirmed he will join MeMo, as Driver 1 for now.
Aerond
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Aerond »

Gonzalez wrote:Brucie Kibbutz confirmed he will join MeMo, as Driver 1 for now.

Kibbutz will be allowed in pre-season testing, but must run within 107% of best time in both tests to earn a license.
Tread lightly in ARWS. Every decision might be your last.
Aerond
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Aerond »

Kamaha and Gillet are still required to send Tyre choices.
Tread lightly in ARWS. Every decision might be your last.
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by pasta_maldonado »

RejectSport wrote:Pacer completes EVR line-up

In a press conference today, Eric Vincent Racing announced the signing of Gary Pacer to the team's second seat. The Canadian, 24, who scored 5 points in his debut season of ARWS, had been released by Jones Racing at the conclusion of the 2019 season.

"I'm thrilled to be joining EVR" said Pacer. "Eric [Vincent] has opened the door to the next stage in my career and I'm incredibly grateful for that. The atmosphere at Jones was stifling, so I'm looking forward to the warm atmosphere at EVR".

Pacer partners Finnish rookie Tommi Hämäläinen; who, like Pacer, finished in the top 5 of the AR 3.5 championship in the season prior to joining ARWS.

AutoFiction wrote:Jones meltdown revealed - why Sammy stepped down

It was the worst season in the team's history. Now, AutoFiction can reveal the exact reason for the decline in Jones fortune in 2019, and the exact cause of the brouhaha that led Sammy Jones to take a step back in running his eponymous team.

The cause? Gary Pacer. Sammy argued heavily in favour of his signing, despite the advice of almost everyone at the team. And when Sammy strong-armed rookie Pacer into the second seat to partner rookie Nathanael Cameron, the downfall began. The team, bar Sammy, soon began to realise that engineering a takeover of the team was the only way to save Jones from it's rut.

Continued

Page << < [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 > >>
Klon wrote:more liek Nick Ass-idy amirite?
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klon »

Aerond wrote:Kamaha and Gillet are still required to send Tyre choices.

Wait, you said my tyre choice was already made when I send you the chat PM ... well, whatever, have another message
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by pasta_maldonado »

RejectSport wrote:ARWS to introduce Engine Manufacturer’s Cup

Tweets from a source claiming to be part of the AutoReject World Series Commission have indicated that an Engine Manufacturer’s Cup will be introduced for 2020.

Twitter wrote:@ARWS_insider Engine Manufscturer’s Cup coming for 2020 - meeting today discussed implementation, naming ideas

Such a Cup would function similarly to the Harvey Jones Memorial Trophy for Tyre manufacturers. It is understood that the ARWS Commission is pursuing this move to increase the attractiveness of ARWS to engine manufacturers.

It is not yet clear who the cup would be named after, but some have suggested the Jimmy Rosenforth Cup after the Australian’s death earlier this year.
Klon wrote:more liek Nick Ass-idy amirite?
Gonzalez

Post by Gonzalez »

An Agreement has been made for MeMo to sign Spaniard Miguel Silva as test driver.

And so does Adelaide Voeckler, she will be signed for MeMo's second seat.
novitopoli
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by novitopoli »

Rejectsport wrote:Scuderia Adriatica SAF20-01 unveiled in Bari

"Sleek and stunning" - that's what Scuderia Adriatica team principal Erica B. Mancino told the media about Scuderia Adriatica's first ARWS design, the SAF20-01. The chassis was presented at the same time in the team's headquarters in Bari, Italy, and at the headquarters of main sponsor Commerzbank in Frankfurt, Germany, with both events connected to each other via live feed. The car sports the team's colors of yellow, white, and black (used this time around instead of Subaru blue, with Commerzbank, Saint-Gobain and Mondadori as sponsors. Rumanian chief designer Mircea Bonican, who designed the ARWS challenger in cooperation with the Technical University of Bari, has chosen a modern, no-nonsense design approach, with extensive CFD work to make amends for the limited wind tunnel time. "We expect to regularly survive prequalifying - anything more will be gladly accepted in this maiden season", Mancino told the press.

Rejectsport wrote:Seamus Belcher announced as Adriatica test driver

With the driver contracts to Jesus Plaza and Thomas Butler long sorted out, the only free spot at Scuderia Adriatica was the one in the sidelines, as test driver. In a rather left-field move, Australian F5000 driver Seamus Belcher was announced by the team earlier today as their new test and development driver. Belcher, who already had links to the Adriatica management during his F4 days, is mainly expected to do simulator work and contribute to the development of the 2021 challenger.

Ataxia wrote:

CaptainGetz12
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by CaptainGetz12 »

Motorspy wrote:Blokkmonsta ARWS Car Spotted!

Blokkmonsta's elusive GPR-03 Chassis was spotted in green cover being loaded onto a truck outside of their ARWS garage in Pfaffenhausen, Germany and had several grainy shots taken of it by a venturing photographer. Although Blokkmonsta denies that the car has left the garage the few photos taken showed that the car was much more advanced in Aero Work compared to their customer-based cars of the last two seasons. The GPR03, being RUF Blokkmonsta's first in-house car, the vehicle seems to have a very long, drooping nose, similar to that of early-2000s Ferraris.The car did not have its wings on, and monocoque had rather short sidepods and airbox.
FantometteBR

Re: ARWS 2020 it's here! - Current DC2 - Post test lineups!

Post by FantometteBR »

Sorry for not beign much here, I get busy and sometimes I completely forget here. So pretty much let's go with it

CaptainGetz12
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by CaptainGetz12 »

DISREGARD, livery has been posted further down this page!

Autosport wrote:Blokkmonsta Unveils First In-House ARWS Car at Jerez

On Sunday RUF Blokkmonsta unveiled their much-anticipated vehicle for the AutoReject World Series at the Jerez Test Track less than a day before Pre-Season testing was to begin. Blokkmonsta Team Manager and RUF CEO Alois Ruf Jr. pulled the covers of of the vehicle.

"It is with great pride that we unveil the GPR-03, RUF's first grand prix car build completely in-house. The other teams better be ready for us." Spoke Schnass, having spent the off-season looking quite upbeat in in regards to shaping their first AWRS car from scratch.

"It's been a rough going as a lightweight team in ARWS, and we knew that we would have to make a car ourselves. The off-season has many sleepless nights, but now we have a car we can be proud of, and hopefully this spells greater fortunes on the race track."

Ruf Jr. commemorated the car. "For decades RUF has been a dedicated producer of production cars and GT cars, but making a windtunnel and dedicated fabrication facility for ARWS has been a titanic task. But now RUF can proudly say that it can produce a grand prix car, showing that we are a proper racing and production brand who can punch among Germany's leading car makers."

(Note that the car still has those white and grey racing stripes on the top panels and along its nose.)
Last edited by CaptainGetz12 on 22 Jan 2019, 02:15, edited 2 times in total.
FMecha

Post by FMecha »

Aerond: livery.

RejectSport wrote:Team Mecha Racing Launches 2020 Challenger
Team Mecha Racing has launched their car for the 2020 ARWS season, the FM-20, in front of international press and covers being pulled by the technical department principal Mahmud Effendi. The team also launched a partnership with a new major sponsor: Indonesian online transport company GO-JEK. as well as their switch to Goodyear tires after years using Pirelli rubber. More...
PSN ID: FMecha_EXE | FMecha on GT Sport
FantometteBR

Post by FantometteBR »

I don't know if announced yet but

-Euromotor will keep the same livery as the previous ear
-Will attempt to get Holden engines for the season, if allowed

CaptainGetz12
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by CaptainGetz12 »

Motorsport Minute wrote:Blokkmonsta sign Martins as Test Driver

In a last minute press briefing before pre-season is scheduled to begin RUF Blokkmonsta announced that Daniel Martins will be the team's test and reserve driver for their ARWS team. "With his expertise across the field Martins is a great addition to the team." The signing to test driver is odd considering the driver's extensive experience in ARWS, having been a regular in the series since 2012. Many suspect that Martins will step in as a race driver should either of Blokkmonsta's current drivers prove subpar in what looks to be a crucial season for the ailing team.
novitopoli
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by novitopoli »

If it wasn't clear, we're going to run Plaza and Butler for all test sessions.

Ataxia wrote:

TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

RejectSport wrote:Pascal, Fusion in contract dispute

On the eve of ARWS pre-season testing, controversy has erupted over the future of veteran journeyman Gregor Pascal. The Swiss driver had been slated to drive for the Fusion Lotto Racing team for the upcoming season, but finds himself without a ride after the provisional return of Terry Hawkin. The growing saga has left Pascal less than impressed.

"It's disappointing when issues like this come about, and doubly so when you're the victim" lamented Pascal. "I signed a contract in good faith to help this team move forward in 2020, and then they go out and do this. I didn't even find out about any of it until people started tweeting me that I'd been replaced. Honestly, I expected better from Miguel and his team."

Central to the dispute is a signing bonus payment made by Pascal's backers Adecco to the team, reported to be worth upwards of $2 million, which Adecco is now attempting to retrieve from the team, as well as potential claims for damages and legal costs associated with the deal. While Fusion Lotto Racing representatives were unavailable for comment, it's expected an official statement from the team will be expected in the coming days.
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
CaptainGetz12
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by CaptainGetz12 »

Blokkmonsta's 2020 Race Livery.

(Any word on when testing will begin?)

Rejectsport wrote:Blokkmonsta Release Race Livery

RUF Blokkmonsta Grand Prix Team have released their livery for after testing for the 2020 ARWS season. The change came about after fans gave backlash to the "boring" test livery.

The livery also shows a departure of several sponsors from the car, making other question Blokkmonsta's financial situation. More...

ARWScolours.com wrote:2020 Liveries: The Verdict!

RUF Blokkmonsta Grand Prix Team

Well, it's still green, and you all know how I feel about green. The colors are applied smarter, but the shift from white to a silver is an odd touch as the silver moves down to the bottom of the car. Yes, the team likes to flaunt how German it is, but they had something going with the white contrast to their almost-mint green. It does a good job of masking the lack of sponsors though, though the use of both white and silver kind of ruins the color balance. The old-style numbers on the nose is still a plus. A fine livery, if a bit workman-like, a ways better than that amateurish testing livery.

7/10 (last year: 5)