2020 European Formula 3 season - SIL Race 2 up

The place for current RWRS universe and "canon" historical series
Pinkd56
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: 2020 European Formula 3 season - Submit Driver Bids

Post by Pinkd56 »

@JPCasciaroGIB on twitter wrote:Pretty sure I've got a garage to myself @RileyRacer02... mind your own! *tea emoji*
Dom_Wings

Post by Dom_Wings »

Charouz Racing System wrote:Charouz Racing System are proud to announce the signing of Giuliano Alesi for this season. This is an exciting moment for the whole team because we have got two quality drivers in Giuliano and James [Wilmington] who are both capable of winning races. We will see what the future will hold for the young men! Stay tuned for the opening race at Silverstone on April 18.
Join the GPR Discord server! https://discord.com/invite/6YDQ3aV
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by pasta_maldonado »

autosport.com wrote:Rodriguez confident ahead of F3 debut
2019 South American Formula 4 champion Raquel Rodriguez is confident she can compete for the title in her debut European Formula 3 season. The 19-year-old Brazilian, who has been touted by the press as her country's top new racing talent, has signed with Basque outfit Abiadura Euskara to compete for the first time in Europe.

"There's some big names in F3 this year, but I'm one of them" said Rodriguez. "I've had experience with F3 level machinery [in a one-off outing in F3 Americas last season], unlike most of these guys, so I'm not expecting the new chassis to be any different."

Rodriguez has relocated to Europe in order to compete in the fiercely competitive European F3 championship, but was confident that the struggles of competing away from home would not affect her.

"I love my country with all my heart, but racing in Europe has always been my dream... it's essential to get noticed and get to Formula 1" expressed Rodriguez. "I will do whatever it takes in order to realise my dream. Every night I pray to God to become a Formula 1 driver and every morning I wake up determined to reach my goal."
Klon wrote:more liek Nick Ass-idy amirite?
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

Speedcafe.com wrote:Lawson, Ojeda ready for challenge

Precision Mucke Junior Drivers Liam Lawson and Jayden Ojeda are both ready for their first season in European Formula 3 this year after being picked up by the prestigious Precision Motorsport outfit. Lawson and Ojeda both appeared at a Mercedes Benz launch and media drive day held at Norwell Motorplex, and were both optimistic about their chances for the 2020 season.

"It's an honour to drive for a top-line organisation like Precision" said Lawson. "We had several good years in Formula 4 in Germany, and now was the right time to make the step up. I'm ready for the challenges that Formula 3 will bring. Of course it's a quality field, but there's no reason to suggest that all three of their cars won't be contenders this year."

Ojeda, former Australian F4 champion and current Toyota 86 competitor, was similarly optimistic about his prospects for 2020.

"After many years of racing in Australia, it was a shock to get the call up to go to Europe, especially for a quality team" said Jayden. "However, it shows that they believe in me, and I look to repay their faith. We have three very competitive cars, and we are more than capable of driving each other to the front; in a friendly way of course. Wins and podiums will be the goal for this year."

The two antipodeans will be joined by United States Formula 4 champion Dakota Armstrong. The series will begin with the annual BRDC International Trophy on April 18 and 19.
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
Pinkd56
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Pinkd56 »

Driving Italia wrote:Italy's new hope?
Italy has had somewhat of a drought in terms of top-level talent for several years - but current FIA Rising Star Luca Bandini wants to change that and become a F1 driver that Italy can be proud of.

"I won the F4 World Final two years ago and I would've thought that offers would have been more forthcoming - but obviously not. It's my second year in F3 now and I'm fully confident of showing that I deserve a place in Formula One."

"Growing up, there were no drivers who I considered worthy role models for a young Italian driver and that's a travesty. The Italians made the world fall in love with this great sport and the likes of Miccoli and Valsecchi have made us a laughing stock."

Gonzalez

Post by Gonzalez »

Motorsport wrote:

Carlin predicts "Tough" Contention for the championship for 2020

Following the recent signings of British drivers Jamie Caroline and Kiern Jewiss, Trevor Carlin has predicted that at one or both drivers will be involved in a tough battle whilst in Contention for the F3 Championship.

Carlin is currently new entrant to the championship having previously competed in many other Formula Series including the likes of Anglo Irish F4 and British F3.

Trevor Carlin has also praised having successfully signed the two drivers in which he believed are up and coming drivers that are eager to deliver as much talent as they've got.

Trevor Carlin said:

"We are pleased to have signed 2 good drivers whom are both regarded as rising stars. Especially Jamie Caroline who previously has experience in F3 last season. Kiern Jewiss is quite a talented driver as well having previously succeeded in Karting. Both are quite eager and are willing to do a good job for us. They are both quite local as they're both from the UK.

I predict that our campaign in 2020 will be a tough one but we can see ourselves that one or both of our drivers will have a chance of Contention".

Whilst Caroline was unavailable for comment at the time, Jewiss did have something to say in the media.

"I'm quite happy to be part of the Carlin squad for this year's European F3 Season. I believe I deserve to have taken this step. Having previously done Karting, bit of F4 and a season in British F3, I believe this step is right for me. I know Carlin well for some time now. They are a very prolific junior team so I do hope to impress them enough to move up the ranks".
novitopoli
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by novitopoli »

Rejectsport wrote:Torelli to spearhead Adriatica's F3 efforts for 2020

Earlier today, Scuderia Adriatica announced Italian youngster Massimo Torelli as their first driver for the 2020 European Formula 3 season. Torelli. who was a runner-up in the 2018 Italian Formula 3 season, had a solid rookie season in Eurasian Formula 3 for Mediterranean Motorsports, with two podiums to his name and consistent signs of improvement over the course of the season. Torelli, who was "incredibly satisfied" about the move to an Italian team with clear Formula 1 links, will replace Egyptian Malik Zidan in the #95 car.

Rejectsport wrote:Zendeli completes Adriatica's F3 lineup for 2020

In what many have considered a shock move, Scuderia Adriatica announced German talent Lirim Zendeli as their second driver for the 2020 European Formula 3 season. Even though many expected Williams' junior outfit to sign at least one British driver, with Jamie Caroline's confirmation being on the books for some time, the Italians went with the Bochum-born young talent, who impressed in karts before proving his worth in the German lower formulae. Zendeli will replace Caroline in the #96 car.
sw3ishida wrote:Jolyon Palmer brought us closer as a couple, for which I am grateful.

Ataxia wrote:
Londoner wrote:Something I've thought about - what happens to our canon should we have a worldwide recession or some other outside event?

We'll be fine. It's Canon, non Kodak.
Gertrand Bachot

Post by Gertrand Bachot »

RejectSport™ wrote:"I Am Not Sammy Jones" says Reith

The Prema Powerteam, and their lead driver Riley Griffith, have both been to the press saying that they are not expecting anything less than the F3 titles this year. The team's second driver, Behrmann Reith, is largely expected to be playing a supporting role towards Griffith, but the German has been at the press today saying that this will not be the case. Speaking exclusively to Rejectsport as part of our official pre-season F3 preview, about his newfound role at Prema, he said, "I am extremely grateful to Prema for giving me this fantastic opportunity to achieve success in Formula 3. However, I must make it clear that I am not here to be Griffith's whipping boy. I am here to race. And I will race with her for victories, points and ultimately the championship. I will not be moving over and letting her win. I am not Sammy Jones. I will be fighting my own campaign, and if that costs Riley the championship, so be it.
See the rest of this article in 2 weeks, when we post the official 2020 FIA European Formula Three World Championship season preview by RejectSport™.
Last edited by Gertrand Bachot on 21 Sep 2018, 19:12, edited 1 time in total.
Bandon23

Post by Bandon23 »

Motorsport wrote:Magnussen Racing Experience: "We're happy to sign Enzo"

Magnussen Racing Experience was happy to announce Enzo Fittipaldi will drive for the Danish F3 team as the team looks forward to the season.

The Brazilian, who looks to be experienced after being without a seat in 2019, has found himself in a safe spot that could save his career in the future.

Jan Magnussen, the boss of MRE, admits that Enzo is a great signing and hopes he can show what he has done in the past seasons.

"Looking back, Enzo wasn't in the list of 2019, and we thought that it's a good time to call him and it ended successfully." says Jan.

"Hope Enzo can show what moves has he prepared in his past career. He has a good ability so far and I'm very impressed for him to see it."

CaptainGetz12
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by CaptainGetz12 »

Rejectsport wrote:Torelli: "I Aim for the Top."

Massimo Torelli made his first appearance since being signed on to Scuderia Adriatica for his second season of Formula 3. The young Italian, having been runner up in Italian Formula 4 and a major contender in his first year at the F3 level, had an ambitious goal for 2020.

"I'm taking that top step as much as I can. I got the skill to fight for the championship." When asked about the potential shortcomings for 2020, mainly his lack of consistent pace, he swatted the question aside without an answer.

When asked about his future prospects he replied, "I got closer to home with this Italian team, and there is a clearer path for me when it comes to my career."
Klon wrote:What did poor André do to you for him to be insulted like that?
Miguel98

Post by Miguel98 »

Autosport wrote:Légeret joins Calinetic youth driver program

Calinetic have announced that Lucas Légeret has joined the team's ranks, by signing for 2020 and 2021 into their young driver program. The jamaican F1 squad has entered the FIA F3 championship for the first time this year, and it will field a car for the young swiss star and for mexican driver Moisés de la Vara.

Calinetic's boss, Andrew Caine, has mentioned that "It's great to have such a young driver like Légeret part of our development squad, and our goal is to take him to F1 in 2-3 years maximum. We have him a 2 year contract with us, with the option of a 3rd, and our target is for Lucas to fight for the F3 title this year before a promotion into F2 next year."

Regarding the team's second driver, Moisés de la Vara, Caine only said "Moisés is a good driver. He'll play the support role to Lucas most times surelly, but we hope on his day, he'll be there to capitalise for us. We're very excited for our first season in F3, and we hope this is the start of something beautifull for Calinetic in the future."

Mario on Gutierrez after the Italian Grand Prix wrote:He's no longer just a bit of a tool, he's the entire tool set.

18-07-2015: Forever in our hearts Jules.
25-08-2015: Forever in our hearts Justin.
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Team's Championship Nominations
Before we get started with the season, there's a few things regarding the team's championship. Teams can only have two cars that count towards the team's championship. As a result, three-car teams must nominate two of their cars to score points in the team's championship (including Prema).

You may change which cars score points towards the team's championship during the season.
kevinbotz

Post by kevinbotz »

Autosport wrote:Wilkerson eager for upcoming season with ART

Reigning Anglo-Irish Formula 4 champion Ione Wilkerson has expressed her optimism regarding her impending debut season in European F3. The Scot, on the back of a sterling season in F4, has been recruited by the Commonwealth Group's driver development programme and signed to an ART race seat.

"It's an unbelievable opportunity, to find myself supported by both CWG and driving for a team as storied as ART," said Wilkerson. "I'm full of confidence after my championship win last year, and really very motivated to see what I'll be able to do this season."

Read all the F1 and motorsport news as it happens and enjoy exclusive access to our premium features with Autosport Plus.

Autosport wrote:CWG: Wilkerson "a phenomenal talent"

Ione Wilkerson, the most recent signing to CWG's junior development stable, is already highly regarded among senior figures in CWG's motorsport organisation. Anthony Lloyd-George, senior motorsport director at CWG, has already labeled Wilkerson as a "generational driver and a phenomenal talent".

"We've obviously seen quite a few drivers pass through these hallways at Cheltenham, and, just from taking a glance at Ione's performance in the simulator and her biometrics, it's certainly not premature to suggest that she has the potential to be up there with Sebastian Vettel, Lewis Hamilton, and Lando Norris, some day," said Lloyd-George.

Read all the F1 and motorsport news as it happens and enjoy exclusive access to our premium features with Autosport Plus.
Klon, on Alt-F1 wrote: I like to think it's more poker than gambling, though.
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

Fejér Megyei Hírlap wrote:Szervánszky "ready" to be Hungary's next racing hero

Hungarian racing star Magda Szervánszky is eager to make a big splash in Formula 3. The 17-year-old from Székesfehérvár spent her formative years doing lap after lap around her native Hungaroring and, for the first time this year, will get to race at her home circuit as part of the European F3 scene.

Joining the HYPERNOVA team, who took ARWS-bound Carmen Alvarez Torrente to fifth in the standings, Szervánszky is with a squad who can regularly challenge for wins. There's an added incentive too: there's plenty of familiar competition on this year's grid.

Having spent a year living in England to take part in the Anglo-Irish F4 Championship, Szervánszky finished fourth overall behind winner Ione Wilkerson, runner-up Gabriel Hoffmann, and fellow Astro-managed driver Alfie Lockwood - and the former pair join Szervánszky in F3.

"It's going to be great to race them again," beamed Szervánszky.

"We were just missing that little bit last year. I know I could beat them. I got five pole, more than any of them, and I got two wins - which is the same as Wilkerson.

"But everything really went away from us in the second half, and took us forever to work out why. The races in Ireland were really tough, and it was only when we came back that we realised what we needed to change.

"By then, the championship had gone. It was a shame."

Nevertheless, Szervánszky has spent the winter shaking off the disappointment of losing a possible F4 title and throwing herself into the F3 machinery.

"We've got a good base here," she says. "Last year's drivers left some pretty good data, so we've got a good baseline to work from. But everyone else will have improved, so we've got to raise that level even higher.

"I know what I need to do. I'm ready to challenge and I know I'm fast enough to win. Hungary hasn't had a top racing hero since my mentor David Koczo raced. I want to be the next one."
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
Gonzalez

Post by Gonzalez »

Motorsport wrote:

"Caroline plays down doubts over Carlin move"

There was a lot of gossiping going on in the media regarding doubts about whether Jamie Caroline's move to Carlin was right for him.

After spending half of last season in Eurasian F3 with Scuderia Adriatica whom they have links to Formula One, British Driver Jamie Caroline decided to move to the more respected junior team of Carlin, immediately raising doubts over his position.

However Caroline eventually played down the doubts stating that he wants to feel more comfortable in developing as a driver and that Carlin, whom they have history in success in developing drivers and moving them up the ranks, would be reasonably the right team for him. He indeed also refused to rule out that he would race in F1 in the future.

"Carlin is at most certain, one of the best teams in the low Formulas of racing, especially for those willing to develop their skills as a driver. Joining the team would make it more comfortable for me to continue learning through such as how to be a successful driver. I do feel sorry for Scuderia Adriatica whom I know liked me a lot but I do wish them all the best for the future especially for this upcoming season ahead. I would also like to wish myself good luck as I maintain my concentration in working to move to Formula One in the future".

Yes, I was so busy working this week that I didn't have time to do this second and last article.
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

autosport.com wrote:Hoffmann "relishing" competition in F3
Gabriel Hoffmann, 2019 Anglo-Irish F4 runner-up, has spoken of his anticipation for the upcoming European F3 season. The Luxembourger has signed with Plus One Racing Engineering for his maiden season in the category, as well as joining the Plus One driver programme, after an impressive season in Formula 4 in which he finished runner-up as a rookie. The season is set to be highly competitive, with major talent such as Ione Wilkerson, Lirim Zendeli, Magda Szervánszky, and David Schumacher featuring in the series.

"I'm relishing [the competition]" said Hoffmann. "To race against so many rising stars in motorsports week in, week out - I can't imagine a better season to make my F3 debut!. I think I proved last season that I can challenge established names from the off."

"Ione [Wilkerson] watch out. It's rematch time!" he added with a playful grin. The European Formula 3 season begins on April 18th with the BRDC International Trophy at Silverstone.

autosport.com wrote:Ahmed grateful for F3 opportunity
Briton Enaam Ahmed is finally making the step up to Formula 3 this season, signing with Plus One Racing Engineering after a long and trying season spent searching for backing. Ahmed had previously been linked with a step up to Formula 3 in 2018 and 2019, but budget issues meant both deals would fall through.

"I'm incredibly grateful to Plus One for the opportunity they've handed to me" said Ahmed. "I've been saying I've been ready for Formula 3, I've been saying it's the money holding me back, but now it's time to deliver!"

"The support Plus One has given me off the track has been immense. There's a really supportive atmosphere within the team and within the driver programme, they really make you feel valued. Gabriel [Hoffmann] is an amazing guy and a talented racing driver who will really keep me focused this season"

The European Formula 3 season begins on April 18th with the BRDC International Trophy at Silverstone.
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Silverstone Race 1

Qualifying

Magda Szervanszky takes the first pole position of the season in convincing fashion, along with the two points that go with it. Christian Lundgaard turned heads by posting the second fastest time, ahead of Wilkerson and Casciaro. It was a dreadful session for many, with Legeret, Ojeda and Hoffmann languishing at the back of the field.

Race - 20 laps
Riley Griffith takes home the first win of the season and the BRDC International Trophy after a convincing victory. Griffith swooped into P2 at the start, and hounded down Szervanszky who yielded on Lap 4, allowing Griffith to check out. Casciaro and Wilkerson would also find ways to get pass the pole sitter but didnt have anything in their lockers to challenge Griffith. Behrmann Reith was the biggest gainer, jumping from P18 at the start to finish P8, whereas James Wilmington went in the opposite direction - sinking to P18. Laurier finished an impressive 19th after dropping to the back on Lap 1 for repairs, with David Schumacher suffering a similar fate after a collision with Enaam Ahmed.

Lap Chart
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Points Systems

The points systems used by F3 this season can be found on the wiki

Driver Points Articles
Articles which count for driver points will only be accepted in the gap between race weekends. More information on driver points, including how to spend them, will be give to you after Silverstone Race 2.
CaptainGetz12
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: 2020 European Formula 3 season - SIL Race 1 up

Post by CaptainGetz12 »

Massimo Torelli wrote:Where was this pace from?? Zendeli was clearly the hero for our team today. This is gonna be quite a challenging season....
SeedStriker

Post by SeedStriker »

Maldonado feeling the pressure

Being one of the few Puerto Ricans in motorsports, Armando Maldonado is still adapting himself to the rough european scenario. After a competitive season in North American F4, the Center American driver has been granted a shot at one of the most competitive feeder series in the world, and it's seems to be a little overwhelming for the center americas driver.

"It's a whole new feeling, the car is way faster than F4, and I'm still learning the tropes here. Luckily, Michaela Martins has been helping me with her feedback. I may take some time to get used to the competitive nature of the series, but I won't waste this oportunity"
Gonzalez

Post by Gonzalez »

Jamie Caroline wrote:
"Today's race wasn't what I expected for. To qualify way down the field and ended the race not being able to finish is a position I personally hate to fall for. I mean, racing is racing and I do hope that we can improve in the next race"

Keirn Jewiss wrote:
"The race wasn't bad at first, but I believe the lack of grip had prevented us from doing any better. But I'm sure as a whole team (Carlin) with plenty of experiences under their belt including moderate success, we can recover from this disappointment and maintain our focus for the next race. I trust in Trevor and I do hope he believes in what I've just said.
Bandon23

Post by Bandon23 »

Christian Lundgaard wrote:
"Was a good day overall, but somehow we were losing the pace to the others and managed to finish P7. This means we have a work to do in the next race. Right now I think it's a good result and it's the start of the season, so anything can happen."

Enzo Fittipaldi wrote:
"Well, it wasn't supposed to be the good race for me. I lacked the pace a lot and that's making me a bit worried through the season. I'll continue to work hard but it's already the start and nothing is decided at the moment. There's long way to go.
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Silverstone Race 2

Qualifying

Race - 20 laps
Giuliano Alesi came home to take his first Formula 3 victory ahead of Riley Griffith after race leader Magda Szervanszky was forced out of the race with an engine failure. The 10 lap sprint race was not short on action, however. The race started poorly for polesitter James Wilmington, who was quickly swallowed up by the closing pack. Behrmann Reith worried many when he retired with engine failure, and these worries were confirmed when 2 laps later Szervanszky was forced out of the lead she'd taken from Wilmington. Griffith and Zendeli also found their way past Wilmington and challenged Alesi for the lead, but the Frenchman held off the pressure.

Further down, it was a trying race for Ione Wilkerson, who struggled to make progress after a poor start which saw her drop down the field. John-Paul Casciaro, who came home second in yesterday's feature race, would have no such result today after dumping the car in the Stowe gravel trap. Torelli would also earn an official warning after collecting Rodriguez at Stowe, sending both cars out of the race.

Lap Chart

Driver Points
So, with the first race weekend out of the way, driver points can now be earnt and spent. Each team may have a total of 2 articles between races that will earn driver points. Each article can only earn points for one driver. If the focus of an article isn't clear, the driver points will be awarded to the first named driver. DEC owners are free to write an article which will earn Driver Points for their driver, but this will count as an article against the team allocation and any points earnt will be spent by the team owner. If more than 2 articles are written between races, only the highest scoring two articles will earn Driver Points. If two articles have been counted and the team owner elects to spend points, then any third article written will not earn Driver Points.

Team owners are responsible for spending points on drivers. One driver point can be spent on either one qualifying grip point, one race grip point or one consistency point. Please use the following form when spending driver points:

Code: Select all

Team:
Driver:
Qualifying Grip:
Race Grip:
Consistency:
CaptainGetz12
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: 2020 European Formula 3 season - SIL Race 2 up

Post by CaptainGetz12 »

Massimo Torelli wrote:I honestly don't know what to say. That was a disaster, not how I wanted to start the season. I gotta cool down, unless I end up banned for a weekend.

Deep breaths, deep breaths...
Gertrand Bachot

Post by Gertrand Bachot »

Autosport wrote:Griffith more confident than ever after first Silverstone race
Prema Powerteam driver Riley Griffith has won the feature round of the BRDC International Trophy at Silverstone, from 6th on the grid after scoring a 1-2 finish for the Italian squad with teammate John-Paul Casciaro finishing 2nd. Speaking on the podium, she said, "I feel more confident than ever about my chances for the title now. Winning the first race of the season sure as hell is a great way of starting my championship bid, which I am sure will be successful by seasons' end. It wasn't the easiest of wins, despite looking like it. I got a good start, which helped a lot, and then I chased after and passed Szervánszky for the lead. It was a good, clean battle with Magda, and I'm looking forward to more battles with her and other drivers as the season goes on."

The American also spoke about the work of her team, and her teammate, John-Paul Casciaro. She said, "I want to just thank the team for the hard work put in over the winter. It hasn't been the easiest of winters, but they have been up 24/7 to try and power us to wins and eventually the championship. It was phenomenal, and I want to thank them personally. I also want to thank John-Paul, my teammate, for being a vital and valuable asset to the team, and for securing the team a 1-2 finish. We couldn't have started the year in a better way."

Autosport wrote:Griffith still optimistic despite tougher race for Prema
Riley Griffith has remained optimistic about Prema's championship chances, despite the more trying race for Prema. The American managed 2nd place in the sprint race, but teammates Behrmann Reith and John-Paul Casciaro both retired, Reith with an engine failure and Casciaro beaching his car into the gravel. Speaking to our reporter, she said, "10th on the grid in qualifying wasn't great. We have to work on our qualifying pace more if we are to win the championship, which I am trying to do. But I'm ready to put the effort in, although it will take time."

Griffith however remained on the positive side though, "I finished 2nd, which is a good result. It keeps me in the championship lead, which is a good thing. I will remain focused on the season, and I am preparing myself for Cyprus, the next round, every step of the way. Anyways, I need to go, I have work to do. See you lot later."
Gonzalez

Post by Gonzalez »

Just thought i bump up this thread up and let people know in regards to the future of this series.

There has been discussions going in the discord and what i heard is probably going to happen is that this series will be reset and started over. The series will also be rivised snd reverted to become the 2020 Eurasian World Championship. However it wouldn’t be completely reset so it’s likely most teams and drivers signed will remain unchanged with a few tweaks.

This is only what i’ve heard so do count me wrong :D
Pinkd56
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Pinkd56 »

Hi all,
Thanks to Aislabie's results spreadsheet magic thing, I'll be bringing back the dormant 2020 European F3 series - carrying on from where Pasta left off. Obviously due to current limitations the Driver Points mechanic won't be used at the moment however I do plan to have a driver upgrade window in the mid-point of the season.

Anyway - on to Akrotiri Bay, Cyprus for the feature race!

Qualifying:

Feature Race (25 Laps):

Behrmann Reith takes their first race win of the season when teammate Griffith picked up a puncture late in the race. Both Jewiss and Dickerson picked up warnings for their lap 13 clash.
Pinkd56
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: 2020 European Formula 3 season - CYPRUS RACE 2

Post by Pinkd56 »

Qualifying:

Sprint Race (16 Laps):

Alesi takes a comforable Grand Slam in this race after Griffith took a while to get past Feature Race winner Reith. Casciaro had a rough start and ended up tangling with Ojeda on lap four which caused the retirement of four drivers on the following lap after the Cypriot marshals failed to call a yellow to remove debris and oil from the track. Both Ojeda and Casciaro have been warned by the clerk of the course.
Aislabie

Post by Aislabie »

It's amazing to see my spreadsheet being used by not-just-me. Kinda humbling actually
Pinkd56
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Pinkd56 »

PAU GRAND PRIX WILDCARD OPPORTUNITY
The FIA and the Pau Grand Prix organisers have jointly announced that there are two wildcard slots on the upcoming 2020 Pau Grand Prix entry list. These entries will be eligible to score points in the drivers and teams championship providing they meet the driver regulations on the first post.

Interested teams and drivers are to apply before Sunday 19th April at 12.00 UK time - when they will be assessed by the organising committee.

Single and two car entries are acceptable. Existing teams (with the exception of Precision and Prema) may apply for a third car but preference will be given to new entries. Organisers reserve the right to not award any entries.

Usual sign-up procedure applies.

Code: Select all

Team:
Team Nationality:
Driver:
Driver Nationality:
Numbers: (must not exceed 99)
User:
Last edited by Pinkd56 on 18 Apr 2020, 01:42, edited 2 times in total.
FortiWinks

Post by FortiWinks »

Team: Objective Racing
Team Nationality: Australia
Driver: Jackson Walls
Driver Nationality: Australia
Numbers: 21
User: (RL driver)
Last edited by FortiWinks on 19 Apr 2020, 01:19, edited 2 times in total.
Knows two facts about ducks and both of them are wrong
Pinkd56
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Pinkd56 »

FortiWinks wrote:Team: Objective Racing
Driver Number: 1 (think this means how many drivers you are running?)
User: RL driver

My mistake, I meant to write Driver Nationality :facepalm:
CaptainGetz12
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by CaptainGetz12 »

Team: SRT 41
Team Nationality: French
Driver: Billy Monger
Driver Nationality: British
Numbers: 41
User: (Real Life Driver)

As part of the "Un Volant Pour Tous" (A Steering Wheel for All) Initiative SRT 41 will debut a modified Formula 3 chassis to allow a parapalegic driver to race it at Pau. Monger, a one-time Pau Grand Prix winner and having raced in Euroformula recently, wishes to contest Pau once more, with the winnings going to charity.
Last edited by CaptainGetz12 on 18 Apr 2020, 01:59, edited 2 times in total.
FortiWinks

Post by FortiWinks »

Pinkd56 wrote:
FortiWinks wrote:Team: Objective Racing
Driver Number: 1 (think this means how many drivers you are running?)

My mistake, I meant to write Driver Nationality :facepalm:

No problems! Will update my original post
Knows two facts about ducks and both of them are wrong
Pilot

Post by Pilot »

Team: North Star Racing
Team Nationality: GBR
Driver: Cameron Das
Driver Nationality: American
Numbers: 28
Biscione wrote:Can you stop being such a snowflake for five minutes?
Dom_Wings

Post by Dom_Wings »

Team: Motopark Academy (GER)
Number: 51
Driver: Ye Yifei (CHN) - RL driver

The 19-year-old Chinese driver who won the title in French F4 is now competing in Japanese F3 with hopes of making it either to Super Formula or the FIA ladder.
Join the GPR Discord server! https://discord.com/invite/6YDQ3aV
Pinkd56
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Pinkd56 »

WILDCARD ENTRIES

Race organisers have received four applications for the Pau Grand Prix wildcard entries. Three applications are suitable and have no issues as of yet to speak of but one mentions modifying the new chassis as an adaptive vehicle for paraplegic driver Billy Monger.
1-40: Organisers will consider this entry for the race
41-100: Rejects the application

86. Whilst the race organisers appreciate the PR opportunities and the goodwill it would give the series, the FIA has overruled the modification of the car at this stage - although would not rule this out in the future.

Jackson Walls is fresh off the Toyota Racing Series and is entered by Australian GT team Objective Racing. He's been planning on racing more in Europe in 2020.
1-80: Entry is accepted.
81-100: Entry is rejected.

91. The GP organisers aren't particularly excited about a relatively unknown Australian driver and tell him not to bother making the journey.

Cameron Das wishes to make the step down to F3 from his aborted F2 run in 2019. He's joined up with historic British outfit North Star Racing.

58. Cameron Das and North Star Racing are accepted onto the 2020 Grand Prix de Pau grid.

Chinese driver Ye Yifei is the 2016 French F4 champion and has made the switch to the Japanese F3 championship. German outfit Motopark Academy are proven performers in junior formulae.

61. Yifei is granted the second wildcard entry.

There may more wildcard entry opportunities later in the season so keep your eyes peeled!
CaptainGetz12
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by CaptainGetz12 »

Frédéric Sausset wrote:We are disappointed that the FIA rejected our proposed modified F3 car to allow Monger to race, but we understand the safety concerns. In this regard we will continue to speak with FIA to make the required modifications so our team can make appearances in F3 in the future.
Pinkd56
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Pinkd56 »

2020 Grand Prix de Pau

The FIA European F3 Championship heads down to the French Pyrenees for the annual Grand Prix de Pau - one of the most important accolades for a young driver climbing the motorsport ladder. Local fans will be excited to see Giuliano Alesi do well here as the sole Frenchman in the field, whilst Basque team Abiadura Euskara will look to perform well in what is their "home Grand Prix" - being based in nearby Eibar in the Spanish part of the region.

Feature Race Qualifying

Feature Race (24 Laps)

A fairly comprehensive victory 1-2 for Prema Powerteam sees Riley Griffith win on a track which is notoriously difficult to pass on. Alesi did well to jump Prema-Status' Casciaro on the start before Rodriguez retired from third with a puncture. The only real incident came when Moisés de la Vara stacked it into the wall, leaving Michela Martin with nowhere to go.
Pilot

Post by Pilot »

Putting it 9th is impressive! Good work from Das!
Biscione wrote:Can you stop being such a snowflake for five minutes?