GT Super Series 2020 - Karjala GP Report -> RejectSport

The place for current RWRS universe and "canon" historical series
RealRacingRoots

Re: GT Super Series 2020 - Ratings Submissions Open

Post by RealRacingRoots »

Kinnikuniverse wrote:is it possible to have only one car please? cause it's getting more and more complicated for me. I wish to only run one car, and it's the #801 car with John bovy and jans Zeitner.

Yep. That's fine.
The Truth Shall set you free. (no theme music plays)
Tomáš.......Ttaaaaaaaattaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Watch this if you want to learn about what Canada is really like.
GT Super Series
CaptainGetz12
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: GT Super Series 2020 - Full-Time Entries Done

Post by CaptainGetz12 »

RealRacingRoots wrote:Here is what I am missing, and will need to be submitted before the initial deadline:

Prodrive AMR #6 - Ratings for Dave Simpson
Best In The World #8 - Ratings for Laurindo Coelho
Czechmate Motorsport #17 - Ratings for Björn Stenger
Oliver Motorsport #91 - Ratings for Luke Gilson-Clarke, fill in second driver seat
Pagani Automobili #25 - Fill in second driver seat (a reminder for me)
Euromotor International #45 - Fill in both seats (a reminder for me)
PowerSport-Dunbarton Racing #51 - Ratings for both drivers
Warsteiner Blokkmonsta Motorsport #52 - Ratings for Lasse Tilkesson
Globex Scorpio Racing #82 - Ratings for Sandra Cessler (a reminder for me)
Autosport Mannschaft Gelsenkirchen #800 - Ratings for both drivers

I offer my drivers to fill seats:

Michael Rohnstock
Travis Crabtree
Klon wrote:What did poor André do to you for him to be insulted like that?
TomWazzleshaw

Re: GT Super Series 2020 - Ratings Submissions Open

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

AutoFiction wrote:EXCLUSIVE: ZimSanity Rides Again

The silly season for this year's Rolex Super Series has been relatively quiet, but that is all set to change. AutoFiction has been able to confirm from sources that former ARWS and F1 racer Frank Zimmer is set to make his competitive racing return. Having last raced competitively in 2017, AutoFiction has it on good authority that he will return to the Pagani factory team that he last drove for.

Keen followers may remember the last campaign the Australian cult hero campaigned in was nothing short of an unmitigated disaster, with reliability issues abound. However, with much development work done to the car since then, the car has become a potent weapon, and the return of a star like Zimmer is the final piece the team needs to get over the top against the likes of Ford and Ferrari. In addition, it's believed that ZimSport might return in a consultancy or engineering capacity, further bolstering the factory team's efforts to win this year's championship. An official announcement from Pagani is expected before the first test.
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
RealRacingRoots

Re: GT Super Series 2020 - Ratings Complete

Everyone who needed to send me stuff before the ratings deadline was able to do so, or will be letting them do it for them. Once all the work related to that is done, next will be the pre-season test in Bahrain. It'll continue to have the typical format, Day 1 will have the Starting Drivers with Day 2 the Second Drivers with each day having dedicated sessions for race and qualifying pace simulations. Once the test is done it'll be the last call for any driver role swaps to be done before they count against your Non-premeditated driver change count limit for the year.

Few more part-timers to come in as well:

Team Name (Nationality): Silven Racing (Finnish)
Car: Chevrolet Corvette C5-R
Tires: Dunlop
Car #117 Drivers: Juho Kivela (Finnish) - Matti Alanko (Finnish)
Participating Rounds: Karjala Only

Team Name (Nationality): Spirit of Norway (Norwegian)
Car: Ferrari 575 GTC
Tires: Pirelli
Car #575 Drivers: Markus Grondahl (Norwegian) - Keijo Mikkola (Finnish)
Participating Rounds: Karjala, Italy
GT Super Series
apple2009

Re: Car Allotment System - Stage 6 (Last Call!)

Post by apple2009 »

RealRacingRoots wrote:Link to the Car Allotment Data can be found here when you click on the 2020 season tab, the link also includes how many for each individual car is available.

We are at 31 of a maximum of 36 Full-Time entries.

And just like that, it's time for Stage 6 of the Car Allottment System. It's the Last Call, meaning that anybody can enter full-time in the series. That is, of course, assuming that the user hasn't already hit the limit of two full-time cars in the series (with exceptions being potentially listened too of course). As a reminder a user can enter two wholly separate one car entries or a two car outfit. So go to town for those last five four spots and have fun kiddos.

At the same time, entries for Part-Timers have opened up beyond those that were continuing the same program as last season. Anybody can enter an additional part-time car alongside their full-time program, assuming that it isn't the third car from a two car full-time outfit or they already have a part-time car entered. Part-Time entries have a rolling deadline where the entry has to be locked in the round before their first appearance, meaning that if someone has Brazil (or the Yas Supercar Festival) as their first round you'll be on the same entry deadlines as the Full-Timers when driver ratings come around.

For the people who want to go full-time, they have until March 1st, 2020 at 1200 hours pst to get those last entries in. All the information required for your entry is on the first page. If you forgot to enter earlier in the process but still want to be full-time, this is your chance to get in on the action!

If I'm understanding correctly, part-time entries are currently open for new teams intending to debut in round 3 or later?

Or are you only allowed to enter a team part-time if you already run a full-time entry in the series? The section of the quote I bolded above wasn't 100% clear to me and I want to make sure I'm understanding correctly.

I would like to apply (or join the waiting list) for a part-time entry if I may. :)
RealRacingRoots

Re: Car Allotment System - Stage 6 (Last Call!)

apple2009 wrote:If I'm understanding correctly, part-time entries are currently open for new teams intending to debut in round 3 or later?

Or are you only allowed to enter a team part-time if you already run a full-time entry in the series? The section of the quote I bolded above wasn't 100% clear to me and I want to make sure I'm understanding correctly.

I would like to apply (or join the waiting list) for a part-time entry if I may. :)

The first point is correct, just due to the semantics of the deadline for the part-time entry and it's ratings being the round before it's first appearance it results in that being the case for part-timers.

Everyone is entitled to entering A part-time car, alongside their maximum of two full-time entries, with exceptions.

You'll be added to the reserve list as that's for full-time entries, but you can still enter part-time regardless.
GT Super Series
RealRacingRoots

Re: GT Super Series 2020 - Test Day 1 Results

A report of Day One of the Pre-Season Test, including overall results, can be found on RejectSport.

The test format is the same as last year. Each day has two sessions of the same length, the early session focuses on race pace while the second is for qualifying pace. Starting Drivers are in the cars for Day 1, with Second Drivers in the car for Day 2. And for it being Bahrain, it will be dry running the entire test.

Day 1 - Morning Session Results:

GT Super Series
RealRacingRoots

Pagani Withdraw from Bahrain Test

Pagani Automobili S.p.A have announced they will not be doing any running on the second day of the GT Super Series Pre-Season Test at the Bahrain International Circuit.

The announcement of Pagani withdrawing from the test comes less than 24 hours after both of their new Zonda racecars ground to a halt on track mere minutes apart during the Morning Session on Day 1 on Sunday. Drivers Amato Agostini and Frank Zimmer completed a combined eleven laps around the Sakhir circuit before being forced to sit out the Afternoon Session as the team evaluated their options for the rest of the test. The outfit decided to pack up early from the test and undertake a full investigation to ensure the cars would be ready for the season opener in Interlagos, Brazil in early March.

An official statement from the team stated, "It is not unprecedented for a new racecar to have early troubles in it's life. But to fully understand these troubles we are having with the new Zonda, we have to take a step away from the track so that this does not happen again."

Initial trackside reports indicated that the problems suffered by Agostini and Zimmer were unrelated to each other, with only Agostini's car leaving a trail of smoke behind it as it came to a halt exiting turn 10 at the Sakhir Circuit. Frank Zimmer, returning to the factory Pagani fold after driving the older Zonda for Rosenforth, said his car just turned off at turn 12, leaving his car stranded on course. More promising from Zimmer was him saying that the new car is a major improvement across the board over the older Zonda that he drove in 2017 for Rosenforth Engineering.

The previous Zonda racecar was built by a outside contractor for Pagani, and was run by Rosenforth Engineering for the first two seasons of GT Super Series competition before the program went in-house. When the program was brought in house, it was clear that the car was engineered and developed poorly, and revisions made by Pagani in the following years only exacerbated other potential issues in the car. This new Zonda was entirely built in-house in parallel with the development of the revised Zonda roadcar.

It is presently unclear what Pagani's plans will be going forward with the new car, but they did confirm they will be on the grid in some capacity at the season opener in Interlagos, Brazil.
GT Super Series
Kinnikuniverse

Post by Kinnikuniverse »

Well,at least, we didnt finish last! But then again, autosport mannschaft gelsenkirchen has always been about the love of racing. Curious to see how bovy does at the next test
RealRacingRoots

Re: GT Super Series 2020 - Test Day 2 Results

A report of Day Two of the Pre-Season Test, including overall results, can be found on RejectSport.

Day Two of the test uses the Second Driver of each car's roster.

Day 2 - Morning Session Results:

Next up, of course, is the first round of the season. This is the last call if you want to do any driver changes before it counts against your Role Change count for the season. I have some housekeeping to attend to before I get going so you have a bit of a window before Pre-Qualifying will be set to go.
GT Super Series
Kinnikuniverse

Post by Kinnikuniverse »

wow, that is a huge improvement over the last testing session! I think we might look pretty good in our first season!
AcesCalifornia

Post by AcesCalifornia »

Results I can be happy with! I'm not expecting the world, but I'm very much pleased by our times right now, we can still be rather competitve. The water leak does provide a worry though.
RealRacingRoots

Euromotor's Strife Comes to The Fore

Pagani Automobili weren't the only team in trouble at the GT Super Series Pre-Season Test in Bahrain.

Equipe Fantomette by Euromotor International only amassed a total of 28 laps throughout the two days of the test, all in one session with Alexandre Charpantier behind the wheel. This was on Monday after Helena Bertinelli was set to drive on the first day of the test, but the car lied dormant in the garage for the entire day. A peak into the Euromotor garage on Sunday had both Lister Storms the team intends to run full-time on display, but the garage was completely devoid of staff members after the appropriate prep-work was done the days before to present the cars for scrutineering. And while both cars were presented to scrutineering and passed, no drivers were nominated to run in their second car.

It's the first public indication that the German outfit is in big trouble in 2020 after being very quiet in the off season. The only news coming out of the team was the announcement of Darko Kuzmanovic being promoted to their Auto Reject World Series seat after driving for them in AR 3.5, before his licence was promptly rejected by series management after not having the minimum experience required for certification. The team was already seen as being on shaky ground at the end of 2019, with the team's expansion into the ARWS going poorly from the outset. The team would fail to pre-qualify at every event, after respected drivers Du Lon and Takuma Taki were left to drive one of the most undeveloped cars the series had ever seen.

The main after-effect of their 2019 ARWS campaign being that a majority of their sponsors the team had, that they shared between GTSS and ARWS programs, all pulled out of their agreements with the team. The only ones that remained on their lead Lister Storm, were those associated with Charpantier. And how long can those funds allow the GTSS program to survive is anyone's guess. What staff that was in Bahrain to operate the cars might have reduced the performance capabilities of the car to consolidate what quality spares they have left, with team morale as low as it can get.

His best time in the Morning Session on Monday was only good enough for the twenty-seventh best time of the session, after the team's race pace in 2019 had the potential to score good points in the Independent's Trophy if they pre-qualified. The car driven by Helena Bertinelli and Patrick Feldhoffer in 2019 scored a World Driver's Championship point at Paul Ricard, and took class honors at the team's home race at the Nurburgring. They finished a highly respectable seventh in the Independent's Trophy, and should be seen as a massive achievement for a team that's in massive disarray.

Euromotor International remains on the full-time entry list for the GT Super Series, AR World Series and AR 3.5. No drivers have been presently announced for either second entry in GTSS or ARWS and nobody has been confirmed in their AR 3.5 entries. But whether or not the team's entries will be on the grid for the first round of each championship, and beyond, remains to be seen.
GT Super Series
RealRacingRoots

Final Entry List for Round of Brazil Shows Plans for Pagani and Euromotor

The final entry list for the opening round of the 2020 Rolex GT Super Series season has unveiled the plans for the two teams that had dramas at the pre-season test in Bahrain.

Pagani Automobili S.p.A. suffered major mechanical troubles on both of their brand new Zondas during the opening minutes of the first day of the test. It resulted in the team withdrawing from the test to undergo a full investigation into the cause of the double failure for drivers Amato Agostini and Frank Zimmer. With an official announcement expected during the weekend, the Entry List and Technical Bulletin for the Round of Brazil spoiling the return of last year's Zonda to the grid, with it being brought out of retirement for Interlagos.

On the Technical Bulletin, it is posted that last year's Zonda, the Zonda GR, has been granted a temporary homologation for use in the series. The Bulletin stated that Pagani elected to delay the final homologation process on it's replacement, the Zonda FR, after the events in Bahrain. The temporary homologation would need to be renewed on a race by race basis, the same as the Nissan GTR GTM which will be debuting at the RAC Tourist Trophy in April. It leaves the door open for Pagani to use the old car as long as it is needed.

Euromotor International, after only running in one session during the pre-season test with Alexandre Charpantier, arrive in Brazil with a complete lineup after their second car did not have any drivers on the full-time entry list. The 45 will have a pair of local drivers who will both be making their return to the series after a couple of appearances early in the GT Super Series in 2016 and 2017. Former Formula 1 drivers Pablo da Silva and Paulo Serafim pair up again after driving a GM Team Brazil Corvette at the Round of Brazil in those seasons.

The now regulars in StockCar Brasil, with Serafim also racing in the FIA Endurance Championship in a Sentinel Motorsports Corvette, will be bringing a raft of local support to the entry that is normally associated with their StockCar Brasil drives. Most prominently adorned on their Lister Storm, as was on display at the Interlagos circuit during setup, was fuel company Ipiranga, whom da Silva races for. It is not currently known if da Silva and/or Serafim will continue in the second Euromotor Lister beyond the season opener, even though the only immediate calendar clash between the two series comes in mid-May.

With both Pagani and Euromotor showing their intention to compete in Brazil, the entry count for the opening round of the championship stands at 35 cars. Joining the full-time cars for the season opener are the part-time entries from Minarae, moving from a Ferrari to the new Mercedes-AMG for 2020, and the newly formed Sunset Sport outfit, with now owner-driver Vic Sunset teaming up with Russian driver Ilja Dragunov. The other change on the entry list sees Roland Davidson substituting for Dave Simpson in the Prodrive Aston Martin. Simpson is set to race in the season finale for the F5000 series in Adelaide, Australia, where he will be trying to consolidate his second place position in the Driver's Championship against Scott McLaughlin.

Link to Entry List->
GT Super Series
RealRacingRoots

Re: GT Super Series 2020 - Brazil Weekend P3

Round of Brazil: Pre-Qualifying Results

Weather: Moderate Cloud and Dry

The Top 18 will partake in the rest of the weekend.There are only 12 Manufacture's Trophy entries this year, two down from last year. With a 30 Car grid for the main race, that leaves 18 spots for Independent's Trophy and Part-Time entries to race their way in on time.
GT Super Series
RealRacingRoots

Round of Brazil - Free Practice 1 Results

Weather: Moderate Cloud and Dry -> Constant Rainfall and Wet track

Round of Brazil - Free Practice 2 Results

Weather: Light Rainfall and Flooded Track -> Heavy Cloud and Drying track

Results and the Report on Qualifying can be found at RejectSport. The weather was light cloud levels with dry running throughout.
GT Super Series
RealRacingRoots

Silverstone Debut Set for New Zonda

Pagani Automobili S.p.A. have confirmed that their new Pagani Zonda FR racecar will make it's race debut at the RAC Tourist Trophy in April.

After their new car encountered major reliability troubles on the first day of the Pre-Season Test, the outfit elected to withdraw from the test and conduct a full investigation into the cause of the problems. The team announced they had found the faults from the test, and are presently on schedule to have the new cars ready for the third round of the championship. The findings in the investigation and resulting changes that were needed to be made to the Zonda FR meant that Pagani are forced to run last year's car in the opening two rounds of the championship using a temporary homologation.

The new Zonda FR is also set for a private test at the Yas Marina Circuit in the days after the Yas Supercar Festival, where the new changes will be trialed for the first time with a near-direct comparison to their old car. It is expected that this will be the last run for the Zonda GR in the series, with the cars returning to retirement after racing in the series since it's inception in 2016. The GR was initially built by a independent contractor for Pagani and run by Rosenforth Engineering before Pagani brought the effort in-house when Rosenforth transitioned to a ARWS program.

Frank Zimmer was optimistic of the changes coming to the new car in Brazil, "The changes they've made are gonna be a bit of a double whammy for the new car. The new parts will be way stronger than what they had, and it's gonna allow us to push it more on track. The reliability they got out of the old car was impressive, but it was always gonna be fragile no matter what. They needed to move on, and do it the right way."

Zimmer was a part of that Rosenforth effort and gave the Zonda GR it's best chances at victory before reliability troubles would strike. Included in that effort was five pole positions for the Australian during the 2017 campaign. He now gets a chance to reunite with the old car for two races before transitioning to the new car at the RAC Tourist Trophy in early April.
GT Super Series
RealRacingRoots

Re: GT Super Series 2020 - Brazil Report -> RSport

The full race report and results for the Round of Brazil can be found at RejectSport.

Car 43 (MacMillan Ford - Older Jr./Jacobson) have been assessed a 15 Second Penalty for causing an Avoidable Collision with Car 64 (Carson Chevrolet - Qi/Robishaud).

Fastest Lap - Car 40 (MacMillan Ford - R.Davies/Kazama) - 1:58.256

Infinite Improbability Drive of the Race - Fabian Rei and Ryota Wong: The swansong for the Factory Listers couldn't have gone better.

Reject of The Race - Melanie Bourne and Marie Alberta Luisa: They did everything in their power to throw away the championship, but somehow still walked away with it.
GT Super Series
Kinnikuniverse

Post by Kinnikuniverse »

yay, we actually finished in the top 10 of our class!
CaptainGetz12
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by CaptainGetz12 »

RealRacingRoots wrote:The full race report and results for the Round of Brazil can be found at RejectSport.

Car 43 (MacMillan Ford - Older Jr./Jacobson) have been assessed a 15 Second Penalty for causing an Avoidable Collision with Car 64 (Carson Chevrolet - Qi/Robishaud).

Fastest Lap - Car 40 (MacMillan Ford - R.Davies/Kazama) - 1:58.256

Infinite Improbability Drive of the Race - Fabian Rei and Ryota Wong: The swansong for the Factory Listers couldn't have gone better.

Reject of The Race - Melanie Bourne and Marie Alberta Luisa: They did everything in their power to throw away the championship, but somehow still walked away with it.

Umm, I think you copy-pasted from the wrong race...

Good race though, class win on debut! :D
RealRacingRoots

New Lineup for Euromotor in Abu Dhabi

Equipe Fantomette by Euromotor International will have a new driver pairing in their lineup at the Yas Supercar Festival.

Taking over from Pablo da Silva and Paulo Serafim in the team's second car for the second round of the championship will be drivers Justin Case and Nikov Time. The Canadian and Kazakh drivers respectively were confirmed in the 45 on the final entry list for the Yas Supercar Festival that was published on Tuesday. It was one of two changes on the entry list compared to the series opener in Interlagos, Brazil with Dave Simpson making his season debut after finishing his 2019-2020 F5000 campaign during the Round of Brazil weekend.

Justin Case makes his first appearance in the series since partaking in three races in 2018 with Scuderia Belgio. The Canadian returns to international racing after focusing on the 2019 Porsche Cup Canada where he finished third in the platinum class championship. Before that he carved himself a niche as a journeyman driver, filling in as a supersub in F2RWRS and AutoReject 3.5 competition when the opportunity would arise when teams needed a fill-in driver in case of a injury or a commitment clash.

Nikov Time makes a surprise early reappearance in the series before his scheduled first appearance in the Team Astana Ferrari at the Karjala Grand Prix. After making a splash on the international scene at the struggling Licor Bsirao team during the 2016 F2RWRS season, scoring three pole positions and helping out of Pre-Qualifying. The hillclimb star then struggled to reach those same qualifying highs in 2017 at MRT, even with a points scoring result in Marrakesh, Morocco. He then pivoted to become Team Astana's lead GT racing driver, as he runs full-time in Italian GT and part-time in GT Super Series with the Scuderia Librizzi-run Astana operation.

After the da Silva and Serafim pairing did not continue past their appearance in Interlagos, it's not presently expected the Case and Time duo will see use beyond Abu Dhabi as another driver will be required for Time's appearances in the Astana Ferrari. Euromotor International's status in the series currently remains in doubt past Abu Dhabi, with the team's equipment and their Lister Storms making the series wide cargo transport to the Yas Marina Circuit from Brazil.
GT Super Series
RealRacingRoots

Re: GT Super Series 2020 - Yas Weekend P3

Yas Supercar Festival: Pre-Qualifying Results

Weather: Clear and Dry (as it will be for the rest of the weekend)

The Top 18 will partake in the rest of the weekend.
GT Super Series
RealRacingRoots

Yas Supercar Festival - Free Practice 1 Results

Yas Supercar Festival - Free Practice 2 Results

Results and the Report on Qualifying can be found at RejectSport.
GT Super Series
RealRacingRoots

Koenigsegg to Enter Revived Karjala Grand Prix

Koenigsegg Automotive AB founder Christian von Koenigsegg has announced that he will be fielding a car for the return of the Karjala Grand Prix.

The Swedish hypercar manufacture will enter the 25th Karjala Grand Prix with a one-off racecar based on their road going series of hypercars. It will be the manufacture's first foray into racing that they will follow through on, after a attempt to enter the FIA GT Championship in the 2000s didn't come to fruition after a regulations change meant the car they constructed was no longer legal.

Koenigsegg owner and founder Christian von Koenigsegg was present on the grid at the Yas Supercar Festival to scope out the grid ahead of his car's debut in May. He confirmed that the car's construction was completed a few weeks ago and already had a successful shakedown at the manufacture's testing grounds which reside adjacent to their factory.

"I was among one of the first to hear that the Karjala Grand Prix was coming back, well before this year's Super Series calendar was announced. The previous guise of the race with Group C cars was one of my biggest influences to get into producing cars, and seeing it come back in a guise that a Koenigsegg racecar can race in is a opportunity I cannot pass up."

The car will be powered with a detuned variant of the Koenigsegg V8, that will run in a naturally aspired guise compared to the twin-turbo configuration used in it's road going cars. Presently confirmed to drive the entry is Koenigsegg's lead test driver and GT Scandinavia driver Linus Hoglund with a second driver announcement due before it's race debut in May.

Lynxe and Toshio Confirmed as Mercedes-AMG Customers

Mercedes-AMG has confirmed the sale of the final two of the 2020 builds of their new GT Super Series car to a pair of part-time teams.

Lynxe Development International and Toshio Race Team have both purchased a Mercedes-AMG SLR GTM to use in the GTSS on a Part-Time basis, with Lynxe set to delivery of their new car in the coming weeks. The French fashion line and driver development group focused on female drivers have the Karjala Grand Prix set as their debut in 2020, after their prior opener for their part-time campaign the Round of France was dropped. The Toshio Race Team will take delivery of their new Mercedes-AMG later in the year and will debut at the Round of Thailand.

For Lynxe it will be replacing their Chevrolet Corvette that sees it's homologation expire after the series's annual trip to North America mid-season. The program has prior success in the series with the likes of Emma Pescatore now in her second season of being a part of Racing Team Solvalou with two wins under her belt in her maiden campaign with the factory Lamborghini team.

The outfit struggled in 2019 with drivers Maria Rodriguez and Weiss von Koenig not living up to expectations, and sees their lineup shuffled for 2020. Weiss von Koenig returns for a second season of driving duties, but will be joined by V8 Thunder Car driver Liv Eklund. The Swedish driver is the newest signing for Lynxe after showing potential in her rookie Thunder Car campaign in 2019 straight out of karting. Lynxe will be partaking in the middle stretch of the season, starting with the Karjala Grand Prix and finishing up their 2020 campaign with the Baku Grand Prix.

After Toshio Grand Prix historically has used Ferrari in their forays in the Pacific Endurance Series and the GT Super Series, the stalwart of PES Class 2 competition will make the move from the Prancing Horse to Mercedes-AMG machinery in both series starting with the GT Super Series. The Jim Toshio-owned outfit will continue to have their aces Yuya Kurosawa and Ryota Saito behind the wheel, after they showed promise in the under-developed customer Ferraris in their brief appearances in GTSS competition. They will be joining Tsuchigami no Kyojin as the PES regulars partaking in the GT Super Series's races that take place on regular PES circuits.

They join Ferdinand United and Minarae as the first four of the Merecedes-AMG customers in the GT Super Series, with more builds of the SLR-AMG GTM to be ready for the car's second year of competition.
GT Super Series
CaptainGetz12
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by CaptainGetz12 »

Lasse Tilkesson wrote:Not the way I wanted to end the weekend after winning my first race in GTSS. The car lost brake pressure in the rear, so I couldn't slow down quickly enough. It was my call and I put safety first and retired the car.

GTM is certainly its own set of challenges, and me and the team are still learning the ins and outs of how to operate in the sport. I look forward to the rest of the season!
RealRacingRoots

Re: GT Super Series 2020 - Yas Report -> RSport

The full race report and results for the Yas Supercar Festival can be found at RejectSport.

Weather: Clear and Dry

Fastest Lap – Car 6 (Prodrive Aston Martin – M.Rossi/D.Simpson) – 2:06.469

Infinite Improbability Drive of the Race – Evgeny Restov and Valeri Kozar: Plus 10 positions and a points finish will boost the spirits of the struggling factory Ferrari duo.

Reject of The Race – Blokkmonsta Motorsport: A complete 180 in form after a stunning class win on debut.
GT Super Series
Kinnikuniverse

Post by Kinnikuniverse »

woohoo! first class top 5 for autosport mannschaft Gelsenkirchen! zeitner is doing better than expected, and bovy is proving himself an invaluable member of the team with his experience and chemistry with jans.
RealRacingRoots

Euromotor International Absent from Silverstone

More details to follow...

Zimmer: Optimistic about New Zonda

The next generation Pagani Zonda makes it's race debut this weekend at the RAC Tourist Trophy, and that has given it's drivers reason for optimism.

After a troubled initial debut for the new Zonda at the pre-season test in Bahrain, it was decided that Pagani Automobili would use the last generation Zonda race car for the opening fly-away races of the 2020 GT Super Series season. The factory outfit would then use the near two months to further develop the new Zonda, which included a full test for the cars at the Mugello Circuit. Lead driver for Pagani Frank Zimmer hailed that test as the best he's ever had in a Pagani racecar.

"We had the most mileage I think I've ever seen at a Pagani test," hailed the former Formula 1 driver, "and what problems we did run into, we have already worked on ways to fix them in the future."

"It is a far cry from when I drove for Rosenforth; it just felt like nothing went right when we tested."

The main improvements, outside of reliability, that was lauded from the test was consistent pace across multiple conditions, as their Mugello test included night running.

"The old car would flip-flop how it'd be depending on track temp, and we had that show up when we brought it to Interlagos and Abu Dhabi. It liked the heat and humidity mid-day in Brazil, but didn't agree when the sun set at Yas Marina at all."

The swan song for the old generation Zonda saw Zimmer and Felix Horvath rally from ninth on the grid to the third step of the podium come the end of the race in Brazil, while both of their cars failed to score in Abu Dhabi.
Last edited by RealRacingRoots on 17 Jun 2020, 07:46, edited 1 time in total.
GT Super Series
RealRacingRoots

Re: GT Super Series 2020 - RAC TT Weekend P3

RAC Tourist Trophy - Pre-Qualifying Results

Weather: Constant Rainfall and a Wet Track

The Top 18 will partake in the rest of the weekend. All part-time entries, regardless of the secondary points they score during the race have to partake in pre-qualifying.

I goofed the image and didn't have Minarae in red.
GT Super Series
RealRacingRoots

RAC Tourist Trophy - Free Practice 1 Results

Weather: Light rainfall and damp track -> Heavy cloud and drying track

RAC Tourist Trophy - Free Practice 2 Results

Weather: Moderate Cloud and dry track -> Constant rainfall and wet track

The results and the report from Qualifying can be found at RejectSport. The weather was light rainfall and a wet track to moderate cloud and a drying track.
GT Super Series
Kinnikuniverse

Post by Kinnikuniverse »

if euromotor doesn't return to the grid in the forseeable future, Autosport Mannschaft gelsenkirchen would like to offer helena Bertinelli and Alexandre Charpantier the seats for our inactive #800 car for the rest of the season. we at Autosport mannschaft gelsenkirchen pride ourselves in giving opportunies to young drivers, many of them went on to have successful careers, with the great sir jackie stewart being chief among them. we feel that both miss bertinelli and monsieur charpantier has a lot to offer, and joining us will provide them the chance to both show what they're made of and learn and develop their skills alongside our crew and our veteran drivers jans zeitner and john bovy in a friendly and inclusive environment.
RealRacingRoots

Welcome back.

I thought I'd uploaded the race report for the RAC Tourist Trophy here but I guess not.

The race report can be found on RejectSport and the points were updated back then as well. They can be found on Pastebin.

It started to rain at the start, changed it's mind, and then the heavens opened half way through the race the UK does that sometimes.

Fastest Lap – Car 01 (Solvalou Lamborghini – Winter/Le Fay) – 1:54.907

Infinite Improbability Drive of the Race – Autosport Mannschaft Gelsenkirchen: One of the most underfunded outfits in the series found a way.

Reject of The Race – Pagani: A most promising debut and optimistic qualifying sure did not last long.

Car 55 (Tom Douglas Saleen - Melrose/Douglas) was assessed a 15 Second Penalty for causing an Avoidable Collision with Car 8 (Best in The World Lamborghini - Coelho/Hortin).

Right, the uhhhh Karjala GP is next innit?
Last edited by RealRacingRoots on 13 Apr 2021, 03:42, edited 1 time in total.
GT Super Series
RealRacingRoots

Re: GT Super Series 2020 - Welcome Back.

Eklund Joins Koenigsegg for Karjala GP

Koenigsegg Automotive AB has announced the signing of Liv Eklund to be the lead driver for their debut at the Karjala Grand Prix.

After originally being set to join Weiss von Koenig in the Lynxe Development International Mercedes for Karjala, the Lynxe development driver has been called up to join Koenigsegg's lead test driver after a strong showing by Eklund in the opening rounds of the GT Scandinavia Championship. She leads the championship after the opening rounds at Anderstorp and Karlskoga where she's won two of the four races run, with Koenigsegg test driver Linus Hoglund being fifth in the championship. Hoglund was already confirmed as one of the drivers for the CCGT when the program was initially announced.

Taking Eklund's place at Lynxe for the Karjala Grand Prix will be returning driver Maria Rodriguez. Rodriguez first drove for Lynxe in the GT Super Series last year alongside von Koenig where the pair struggled in their aging Corvette. For 2021 it was announced she would be racing in Porsche Carrera Cup Deutschland full time with Lynxe and staying on as the reserve for the GTSS program.

It is understood that Liv Eklund will return to Lynxe following the running of the Karjala Grand Prix as Koenigsegg hasn't confirmed any plans for additional races for their CCGT.

44 Cars on Final Karjala GP Entry List

A total of forty-four cars are on the final entry list for the revived Karjala Grand Prix, with thirty-two of those entries set to compete for eighteen grid slots as a part of the Karjala GP's traditional qualifying process.

Continuing the tradition from the initial twenty-four run of the Karjala GP, there will be qualifying to make the race on Thursday which will take the form of GT Super Series's pre-qualifying. All Independent and Part-Time entries will take part in the three rounds of qualifying, with the fastest six from each round advancing to the rest of the Grand Prix weekend. Highlighting that group is the factory Koenigsegg Automotive entry, making their racing debut with their in-house built Koenigsegg CCGT that will be driven by Liv Eklund and Linus Hoglund.

They are among the contingent of seven entries that are waving the banner for local Scandinavian entries. After making their debut at the RAC Tourist Trophy, Sjöberg Motorsports look to make the most of their tune-up race for their Saleen S7-R. They are joined by three Finnish teams in Kallela Motorsports, Finntech and Silven Racing with the latter two teams confirming that they are using ex-Union Saver Developments Chevrolet Corvettes for their entry. Spirit of Norway and SMP Racing are the final two local entries, both teams are regulars in the European Le Mans Series and carryover their use of Ferraris from the ELMS.

All thirty-two full time entries are expected to be in attendance at the Karjala Grand Prix, with the in strife Euromotor International squad having all seats filled in their pair of Lister Storms. Alexandre Charpantier will be joined by Justin Case in their lead car, with local drivers Aapo Anslemi and Teemu Salomaki in their second car. The rest of the full-time grid remains unchanged, and they will be joined by additional part-time entries in Lynxe, Team Astana, Minarae and Sunset Sport.

The full order for the first round of pre-qualifying will be released on Wednesday, after the pre-event scrutineering is completed.
Last edited by RealRacingRoots on 31 Jan 2021, 09:12, edited 1 time in total.
GT Super Series
Kinnikuniverse

Post by Kinnikuniverse »

WOOO! i don't know what makes me happier: the fact that we freaking won our class, or the site being back? What a drive by Zeitner on his last shift! But really, it was the entire team that made it possible! We can't wait for the next round!
RealRacingRoots

Ok, the Karjala Grand Prix is coming up. The pre-qualifying format is as follows.

There are three rounds of group-based qualifying on the Thursday within the ASMF timeline, with each group having a 15 Minute session to put down a qualifying time. The six fastest times in each round advance to the rest of the weekend that starts with Free Practice 1 on Friday where they will join the twelve full time Manufacture's Trophy entries. After each round is completed, those who didn't advance will be re-randomized into new groups for the next round.

This is the order for Q1: (In order of when they were drawn)

Group 1 - #222 Finntech, #32 Sjoberg, #555 Tom Douglas, #575 Spirit of Norway, #14 Gerald Pereria, #59 Kallela, #42 Minster
Group 2 - #52 Blokkmonsta, #15 Boutsen Ginion, #550 Czechmate, #04 Lumenition-RMR, #67 Lynxe, #88 LKM, #44 Euromotor
Group 3 - #127 SMP, #77 Minarae, #007 Falken Tires, #70 Team Astana, #45 Euromotor, #87 Ferdinand United
Group 4 - #94 Koenigsegg, #91 Oliver, #55 Tom Douglas, #51 Powersport-Dunbarton, #82 Globex Scorpio, #17 Czechmate
Group 5 - #117 Silven, #8 Best In The World, #19 Oliver, #92 Sunset, #11 Best In The World, #801 AMG

The Q2 and Q3 groups will be posted at the end of each post that has pre-qualifying session results.
Last edited by RealRacingRoots on 31 Jan 2021, 09:08, edited 1 time in total.
GT Super Series
Kinnikuniverse

Post by Kinnikuniverse »

RealRacingRoots wrote:Ok, the Karjala Grand Prix is coming up. The pre-qualifying format is as follows.

There are three rounds of group-based qualifying on the Thursday within the ASMF timeline, with each group having a 15 Minute session to put down a qualifying time. The six fastest times in each round advance to the rest of the weekend that starts with Free Practice 1 on Friday where they will join the twelve full time Manufacture's Trophy entries. After each round is completed, those who didn't advance will be re-randomized into new groups for the next round.

This is the order for Q1: (In order of when they were drawn)

Group 1 - #222 Finntech, #32 Sjoberg, #555 Tom Douglas, #575 Spirit of Norway, #14 Gerald Pereria, #59 Kallela, #42 Minster
Group 2 - #52 Blokkmonsta, #15 Boutsen Ginion, #550 Czechmate, #04 Lumenition-RMR, #67 Lynxe, #88 LKM, #44 Euromotor
Group 3 - #127 SMP, #77 Minarae, #007 Falken Tires, #70 Team Astana, #45 Euromotor, #87 Ferdinand United
Group 4 - #94 Koenigsegg, #91 Oliver, #55 Tom Douglas, #51 Powersport-Dunbarton, #82 Globex Scorpio
Group 5 - #117 Silven, #8 Best In The World, #19 Oliver, #92 Sunset, #11 Best In The World, #801 AMG

The Q2 and Q3 groups will be posted at the end of each post that has pre-qualifying session results.

Is this because the track is small and there's not a lot of space on the grid for everyone?
RealRacingRoots

2020 Karjala Grand Prix Pre-Qualifying Results - Session 1

Bold designates a top 6 time overall, and will advance to the rest of the weekend.

Group 1

1st #42 - Minster -Sylvain Fabron -1:35.845
2nd #222 - Finntech - Mika Tervo -1:35.884
3rd #555 - Tom Douglas - Antonio Reyna-Sanchez - 1:36.035
4th #59 - Kallela - Joonas Hanula - 1:36.441
5th #14 - GP Racing - Gerald Pereria -1:36.500
6th #32 - Sjoberg - Erik Bohlender - 1:36.617
7th #575 - Sprit of Norway - Markus Grondahl - 1:37.894

Group 2

1st #52 - Blokkmonsta - Lasse Tilkesson - 1:34.890
2nd #04 - Lumenition-RMR - Paul Travesen - 1:35.151

3rd #88 - Team LKM - Harrison Wilkinson - 1:35.792
4th #15 - Boutsen Ginion - Melanie Bourne - 1:35.900
5th #550 - Czechmate - Phil McCracken - 1:36.042
6th #44 - Euromotor - Alexandre Charpantier - 1:38.869
7th #67 - Lynxe - Weiss von Koenig - 1:42.409

Group 3

1st #87 - Ferdinand United - Darren Cardel - 1:34.978
2nd #70 - Team Astana - Nikov Time - 1:35.903
3rd #77 - Minarae - Andrea Massini - 1:36.120
4th #007 - Falken Tire - John Magnus - 1:36.130
5th #127 - SMP Racing - Kiel Belousov - 1:36.872
6th #45 - Euromotor - Aapo Anslemi - 1:36.951

Group 4

1st #55 - Tom Douglas - Joel Melrose - 1:35.610
2nd #94 - Koenigsegg - Liv Eklund - 1:35.687

3rd #91 - Oliver - Luke Gilson-Clarke - 1:36.445
4th #82 - Globex Scorpio - Paul Jenkins - 1:36.513
5th #51 - Powersport-Dunbarton - Gabriel Macena - 1:37.496
6th #17 - Czechmate - Wulfric Wombesi - 1:38.156

Group 5

1st #801 - AMG - Jans Zeitner - 1:35.759
2nd #8 - Best In The World - Laurindo Coelho - 1:35.899
3rd #19 - Oliver - Peter Oliver - 1:36.235
4th #11 - Best In The World - Koyomi Setou - 1:37.097
5th #92 - Sunset - Vic Sunset - 1:37.329
6th #117 - Silven - Juho Kivela - 1:37.773

Here are the groups for Q2: (In order that they were picked)

Group 1 - #222 Finntech, #575 Spirit of Norway, #51 Powersport-Dunbarton, #42 Minster, #88 LKM, #127 SMP, #117 Silven
Group 2 - #92 Sunset, #555 Tom Douglas, #67 Lynxe, #32 Sjoberg, #91 Oliver, #11 Best In The World, #70 Astana
Group 3 - #19 Oliver, #44 Euromotor, #45 Euromotor, #8 Best In The World, #15 Boutsen Ginion, #17 Czechmate
Group 4 - #77 Minarae, #14 Gerald Pereria, #82 Globex Scorpio, #550 Czechmate, #007 Falken Tires, #59 Kallela
GT Super Series
RealRacingRoots

Re: GT Super Series 2020 - Karjala GP Weekend P3

2020 Karjala Grand Prix Pre-Qualifying Results - Session 2

Bold designates a top 6 time overall, and will advance to the rest of the weekend.

Group 1

1st #88 - Team LKM - Harrison Wilkinson - 1:35.817
2nd #42 - Minster - Sylvain Fabron - 1:35.957

3rd #222 - Finntech - Mika Tervo - 1:36.435
4th #127 - SMP Racing - Kiel Belousov - 1:36.770
5th #51 - Powersport-Dunbarton - Gabriel Macena - 1:37.280
6th #117 - Silven - Juho Kivela - 1:37.750
7th #575 - Sprit of Norway - Markus Grondahl - 1:37.750

Group 2

1st #70 - Team Astana - Nikov Time - 1:35.789
2nd #555 - Tom Douglas - Antonio Reyna-Sanchez - 1:35.952

3rd #91 - Oliver - Luke Gilson-Clarke - 1:36.475
4th #32 - Sjoberg - Erik Bohlender - 1:36.487
5th #11 - Best In The World - Koyomi Setou - 1:36.697
6th #67 - Lynxe - Weiss von Koenig - 1:36.993
7th #92 - Sunset - Vic Sunset - 1:37.520

Group 3

1st #15 - Boutsen Ginion - Melanie Bourne - 1:35.726
2nd #19 - Oliver - Peter Oliver - 1:35.999
3rd #8 - Best In The World - Laurindo Coelho - 1:36.580
4th #45 - Euromotor - Aapo Anslemi - 1:36.992
5th #17 - Czechmate - Wulfric Wombesi - 1:38.457
6th #44 - Euromotor - Alexandre Charpantier - 1:38.701

Group 4

1st #550 - Czechmate - Phil McCracken -1:35.855
2nd #77 - Minarae - Andrea Massini - 1:36.023
3rd #82 - Globex Scorpio - Paul Jenkins - 1:36.156
4th #07 - Falken Tire - John Magnus - 1:36.219
5th #59 - Kallela - Joonas Hanula - 1:36.365
6th #14 - GP Racing - Gerald Pereria - 1:36.478

Here are the groups for Q3: (In order that they were picked)

Group 1 - #77 Minarae, #44 Euromotor, #91 Oliver, #117 Silven, #222 Finntech, #14 GP Racing, #11 Best In The World
Group 2 - #19 Oliver, #127 SMP Racing, #007 Falken Tire, #8 Best In The World, #82 Globex Scorpio,#575 Sprit of Norway, #17 Czechmate
Group 3 - #45 Euromotor, #51 Powersport-Dunbarton, #92 Sunset, #67 Lynxe, #59 Kallela, #32 Sjoberg
GT Super Series
RealRacingRoots

2020 Karjala Grand Prix Pre-Qualifying Results - Session 3

Bold designates a top 6 time overall, and will advance to the rest of the weekend. Everybody else is going home.

Group 1

1st #222 - Finntech - Mika Tervo - 1:35.966
2nd #77 - Minarae - Andrea Massini - 1:36.069

3rd #14 - GP Racing - Gerald Pereria - 1:36.444
4th #91 - Oliver - Luke Gilson-Clarke - 1:36.495
5th #11 - Best In The World - Koyomi Setou - 1:36.513
6th #117 - Silven - Juho Kivela - 1:37.747
7th #44 - Euromotor - Alexandre Charpantier - 1:38.711

Group 2

1st #19 - Oliver - Peter Oliver - 1:35.907
2nd #8 - Best In The World - Laurindo Coelho - 1:36.096
3rd #82 - Globex Scorpio - Paul Jenkins - 1:36.239

4th #007 - Falken Tire - John Magnus - 1:36.445
5th #127 - SMP Racing - Kiel Belousov - 1:37.009
6th #575 - Sprit of Norway - Markus Grondahl - 1:37.764
7th #17 - Czechmate - Wulfric Wombesi - 1:38.491

Group 3

1st #67 - Lynxe -Weiss von Koenig - 1:35.993
2nd #59 - Kallela - Joonas Hanula - 1:36.479
3rd #32 - Sjoberg - Erik Bohlender - 1:36.480
4th #45 - Euromotor - Aapo Anslemi - 1:36.990
5th #51 - Powersport-Dunbarton - Gabriel Macena - 1:37.127
6th #92 - Sunset - Vic Sunset - 1:37.561
GT Super Series
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klon »

Some Motorsport News Outlet wrote:Kay Lon "Pondering GT Future"

Following the failure of the #11 Best In The World car to pre-qualify for the Karjala Grand Prix; team owner Kay Lon commented on the Japanese broadcast of the series that "results like these" left Lon "pondering the future of Best In The World in GT racing". Lon pointed out that the Lamborghini Murcielago R-GT is "failing to live up to the standards of the Best In The World brand" and that the team was no longer on the level of the team that secured the independent championship in 2017.

The former ARWS driver confirmed his commitment to be aligned with the motorsport program of the Volkswagen AG, but was also quoted as saying that there may be a "need to place the focus of our efforts elsewhere", should "no satisfying solution present itself." Many in the GT scene feel like this is Lon's push towards getting works team status with Volkswagen through one brand or another, though sources within the paddock are divided on whether Lon would be willing to make good on this threat to leave the series.