- Budget spreadsheet is in the first post
- Budgets should
be updated after each race, but I am lazy. For up-to-the-minute information, visit the discord and ask me.
- More information is provided on the Budgets tab of the spreadsheet.Team Stats
- Team Stats describe your ability to build grounds effects chassis, as well as your reputation towards drivers.
- NEW: Team stats are now visible on the Budgets tab of the spreadsheet.
- NEW: Teams no longer have a base GE level.
- Reputation is affected both by the historical relevance of your team, and by WCC finishing order.
- Nationality bonus only affects drivers of the same nationality as your team.
- Reputation and nationality bonuses affect the RNG odds when you sign drivers, designers, suppliers, and tyres.
- More information is provided on the Team Stats tab of the spreadsheet.NEW: Alignment
- NEW: All teams must align with FISA or FOCA.
- NEW: There will be elements of gameplay that will be affected by your choice.Engines
- All teams must renew their engine supply.
- NEW: The engine upgrade available for your engine is listed in advance. This can be bought once after the specified race.
- Older spec Cosworth engines are available for cheaper prices, but worse power and reliability.
- Ford Cosworth remain free to sign anybody.
- Ferrari will only supply the factory team, Matra must supply Ligier, Alfa must supply Autodelta, and Renzo must supply Dywa.
- NEW: Alfa can sign one customer team for 1979.
- More information is provided on the Engines tab of the spreadsheet.Chassis
- Chassis generation table has been updated with 1978 ranges.
- NEW: Pre-1976 chassis are outlawed on safety grounds.
- Grounds Effects chassis can now be constructed.
- Drag and Chassis Weight added. 1 drag point = 0.1 BHP, and 1 Chassis Weight point = 1 grip point.
- Chassis aging. Chassis age (loose performance) per year according to the given stats on the spreadsheet.
- A team may introduce a new chassis mid season
- Teams can sell custom chassis to collectors for 10% of it's build price. This does not apply for customer chassis of any description.
- Each team MUST build it's own chassis
- The cost of each chassis is for TWO chassis.
- More information is provided on the Chassis tab of the spreadsheet.NEW: Designers
- Designers are like drivers – they have team preferences, must be paid a wage, can be hired for a maximum of 1 year, and are subject to RNG.
- NEW: Designer contracts are now 1-year. All teams start 1979 without a designer signed
- NEW: Designer GE level adds a set amount of grip to your chassis AFTER generation.
- Designers also affect Grip Range, BQ, Handling, Drag, and Chassis Weight
- NEW: Designers do not affect mid-season upgrades
- More information is provided on the Designers tab of the spreadsheet.Travel Costs
- All teams must pay some form of travel costs.
- NEW: Full season travel package for FOCA teams is £250,000. For FISA aligned teams, this is £300,000
- NEW: Part-time European travel for FOCA teams is £150,000. For FISA aligned teams, this option is not available.
- Teams who do not pay the subsidised costs must pay for travel to each event individually.
- More information is provided on the Travel Costs tab of the spreadsheet.NEW: Sponsors
- Sponsors provide money in three tiers in return for goals being achieved.
- Each team has one sponsor with three goals, Tier 1 goals offering the most money (and are the hardest to achieve) and Tier 3 goals offer the least money (and are the easiest to achieve).
- You may only target one tier at a time, even if your choices fulfill all three tiers. This must be stated.
- Some privateer teams have sponsors, but some do not.
- More information is provided on the Sponsors tab of the spreadsheet.NEW: Suppliers
- There are four types of supplier: Petroleum, Lubricant, Parts and Tyres. Each supplier brings benefits to the team.
- Each team M U S T sign a tyre supplier. All other suppliers are optional.
- Teams may choose ONE
supplier from: Petoleum, Lubricant, and Parts.
- The amount of contracts available for a supplier is listed.
- The price listed is paid once to secure the supplier, and once to purchase the upgrade.
- Supplier upgrades come at random times, and an RNG will be run to determine the effectiveness of the upgrade.
- If more offers than number of contracts are received, an RNG will be run.
- Pay attention to the Brand Image.
- More information is provided on the Suppliers tab of the spreadsheet.NEW: Chassis Upgrades
- The upgrade system has been altered. Instead of slots and tiers, you can make up to ten upgrades to your chassis in the areas of Grip, Weight, Drag and Handling
- Each upgrade costs exponentially more than the last.
- You can make 1 upgrade in each area between races, and 1 pre-seasonDrivers
- Drivers are paid up front for their contracted wages
- If a driver is sacked, you do not get repaid their wages. (Severance fee)
- If a driver on a two season contract is sacked in the first year of his contract, you must pay him the rest of the first season’s wages only.
- Minimum wage for the season is £50,000 for paid drivers - That is £2,941 per race.
- A team MUST enter
TWO drivers into each race weekend they enter in order to be eligible for both championship points and all prize money
- The maximum contract length is 2 years.
- Wages deemed to be grossly unfair (£50,000 for a championship winner, for instance) will be blocked.
- NEW: You do not pay the wages of an injured driver. (This is covered by insurance)Pay Drivers
- All young drivers start as pay drivers, until their success warrants a paid wage.
- A pay driver may be offered a paid wage to double your odds of securing them in the RNG. However, this transforms a driver from a pay to a normal driver for the rest of their careers.
- There are two tiers of pay driver - tiers 1 and 2. Tier 1 drivers will bring in between in between £125,000 and £200,000 to your team over the course of a season. Tier 2 drivers will bring in between £25,000 - £150,000.
- A RNG will be conducted once a driver receives an offer to see how much money they will bring for the season.
- If you wish to hire a pay driver for less than the full season (17 races), his/her money pot will be divided by 17, and then multiplied by the length of his/her contract.
- All pay drivers pay their money up front.
- If a pay driver is sacked, your forfeit the money they would have paid for the duration of their contract.
- For fictional pay drivers, a RNG of 50/50 will be run to determine whether they are Class 1 or Class 2.[u]Debt
- A team may not go into debt. Any team that cannot purchase a chassis (if applicable) or engine is declared bankrupt.
- I reserve the right to remove struggling teams from the game, if their presence is not historically accurate.Injuries
- Drivers signed to replace injured drivers may be signed on the injured driver's terms, or may be signed to a new contract,
- You do not pay the wages of an injured driver. (This is covered by insurance)
- Injuries are decided by RNG.Entries
- I reserve the right to refuse unrealistic/ill-thought out entries of any description.
- Each team can enter a maximum of TWO cars into every race weekend.
- There will be 26 starters for every Grand Prix. In the case of attracting more than 28 entries, a Pre-Qualifying session will be run, with the fastest teams on combined times going through to Qualifying.Prize Money
After each race, prize money is to teams in the following fashion:
Point Scorers: £50,000
Top 10, but no points: £30,000
Top 15: £15,000
Below 15, finish: £10,000
Prize money will also be awarded at the end of the season.
-Prize money is does not double. I.e. Two point scorers =/= £100,000Points System
9-6-4-3-2-1, with the best 11 results counting towards the championship.Calendar