Alt79 - Fourtunate Son - That's All Folks!

The place for current RWRS universe and "canon" historical series
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: Alt79 - Fourtunate Son

Post by Nuppiz »

Team: ATS Kauhsen
User: Nuppiz

G Upgrade: Y
H upgrade: Y
D upgrade: Y
M upgrade: Y

Engine upgrade: N

Time for a big upgrade before the European season.
Eurosport broadcast for the 1990 Mexican GP prequalifying:
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
Aislabie

Post by Aislabie »

Bob Sparshott, on the phone to Arturo Merzario wrote:"We have a proposition for you. We're going to approach Freddy Kottulinsky for nine rounds at B&S, and if he takes them then he'll come for us. That includes Brands though.

"We know you were looking forward to having him and his chequebook for Brands, but we will release Luciano Sighinolfi to drive for you, and make up the difference in sponsorship money"

If Kottulinsky accepts: Patrick Neve loses his drive to be replaced by Kottulinsky, and we pay a few grand to Merzario to make up the difference in Brands Hatch sponsor m o n e

If Kottulinsky (or Merzario) refuses: Nothing happens and we continue with Neve
Dom_Wings

Post by Dom_Wings »

Arturo Merzario agrees to the deal.
Join the GPR Discord server! https://discord.com/invite/6YDQ3aV
Dom_Wings

Post by Dom_Wings »

Autosport wrote:Kagan unhappy over Long Beach marshalling
Tyrrell driver Robert Kagan has voiced his concerns over the standard of marshalling at last week's United States Grand Prix West at Long Beach. The 23-year-old Briton endured a generally disappointing race after a lap 1 collision, which dropped him to dead last. However, things almost got much worse for Kagan:
"About 10 laps into the race, Laffite spun and crashed... I think it was coming into the uphill at Toyota corner. He was already out of the car, but suddenly I saw the marshal pulling away that Ligier in the wrong direction and towards me - it was extremely dangerous and I could have been seriously hurt. It wasn't just me, there was another car not far ahead and he also had to avoid the marshal. This is unacceptable and I hope the situation will be improved for next year."

Kagan's engine expired on lap 48 while running in 15th position in a race that was very eventful. Multiple drivers such as Gilles Villeneuve, Jody Scheckter, Didier Pironi and also Kagan's teammate Tom Pryce all lost a potential race win in the final 25 laps.

Kagan remarked: "After my engine blew, I was coming back to the garage when I suddenly saw Tom coming from the other way and asked him what happened, and he said that his gearbox seized as he was building a sizeable gap to Didier [Pironi]. I felt for him, he lost a podium there."

Pryce himself stated that he was obviously quite disappointed with the outcome but was otherwise very happy with his performance.
"Six months ago I was struggling to even qualify into the race for March, but this year I can already say I led a Grand Prix race. I even surprised myself with that qualifying result! It was a shame that my race ended how it did, it was quite gutting for me as it turned out I might have even won the whole thing. Big thanks to the whole team nonetheless, because the Tyrrell 011 is such a joy to drive. We were seriously competitive though, and that's a big promise for the remaining 13 rounds of the season!"

Furthermore, fireworks between Lotus and Ferrari continued after Keke Rosberg was excluded from the race after taking out championship leader Thomas Nurmester.
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by pasta_maldonado »

Autosport wrote:Rosberg exclusion overruled by FISA
FISA President Jean-Marie Balestre has announced that Keke Rosberg's exclusion from the United States West Grand Prix has been overruled, blaming "overzealous" stewards at the Long Beach event.

The decision has been criticized by some in the paddock, namely Bernie Ecclestone, who described the development as "setting a dangerous precedent".
Klon wrote:more liek Nick Ass-idy amirite?
takagi_for_the_win

Post by takagi_for_the_win »

Lotus are protesting against Mario Andretti's car in the US GP.

The u-turn over Keke Rosberg's disqualification also shows the shocking lack of spine at FISA. It seems that dangerous driving, as long as it is carried out by a car that is in Mr Balestre's favourite colour, is more than okay, and this sets a very dangerous precedent for the sport.

Also just gonna quote this for visibility Pasta :P

Colin Chapman wrote:Team: Lotus
User: Colin Chapman

D upgrade: N
M upgrade: N
TORA! TORA! TORA!
Peteroli34

Post by Peteroli34 »

Autosport wrote:Ecclestone hits out at FISA and Ferrari
Controversy reigned at Long Beach after an incident between Nurmester and Ferrari's Keke Rosberg, Which saw the former eliminated on the spot with the latter retiring with damage several laps later. That later earned Rosberg a DSQ which was subsequently overturned by FISA. Bernie Ecclestone hit out at these incidents in which he believes are delibrate actions from both FISA and Ferrari

"Ferrari say that the incident between Rosberg and Nurmester was just a racing incident, that Rosberg misjudged his braking point for the corner, i don't believe that, instead it was a deliberate move by the team to take the championship leader out of the race, several other cars collided at the same corner all managing to continue with a few dents and scratches. Rosberg rammed the rear of the Lotus and that behaviour has no place on the track, the stewards were right to exclude Rosberg. Overturning that sets a dangerous precedent FISA clearly think it perfectly acceptable to just ram cars out of the way.
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Autosport wrote:Last Year of Entrant's Championship
Earlier this week, FISA announced that the International Cup for Formula One Entrants will not be awarded in 1980. The cup was first awarded in 1951 as a competition for the many privateers that made up the backbone of the Formula One grid at the time.

Jean-Marie Balestre, President of FISA, declared that the cup has "run it's course" and was no longer relevant to modern Formula One.

First Pre-Qualifying Reshuffle - After 4 races
The season is split into 4 pre-qualifying reshuffles:

Shuffle 1: Races 1-4
Shuffle 2: Races 5-8
Shuffle 3: Races 9-12
Shuffle 4: Races 13-17 (end of season)

The current reshuffle is shown below.
Teams who were in pre-qualifying, but are now safe
Teams who were safe, but are now in pre-qualifying

Ferrari - SAFE
Williams - SAFE
Lotus - SAFE
Brabham - SAFE
McLaren - SAFE
Tyrrell - SAFE
Renault - SAFE
ATS - SAFE
March - SAFE
Arrows - SAFE
Alfa - SAFE

Ligier - PRE-Q (Need 8th or better)
Hesketh - PRE-Q (Need 7th or better)
Ensign - PRE-Q (Need 7th or better)
Interscope - PRE-Q (Need 7th or better)
Everyone else - PRE-Q
Dom_Wings

Post by Dom_Wings »

Team: Tyrrell
User: Dom

G Upgrade: N
H upgrade: N

Pilot

Post by Pilot »

Autosport wrote:Ensign to not qualify ever again?
Ensign had high hopes after a podium place in 1976, but since then, the team has been in a nightmare spiral...
page tear
Biscione wrote:Can you stop being such a snowflake for five minutes?
Butterfox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Butterfox »

Ligier would like to put Tambay in for Belgium instead of Zunino (and if Lafitte is suspended also Depailler)

De Cesaris will be offered a seat for Imola and Monza. (instead of Zunino)
Prost will be offered a seat for Canada as this doesn't clash with his F3 commitments. (Instead of zunino)
Cheever will be offered a seat for USA (and Canada too if Prost feels too much of a diva)

Zunino is so far still driving all the other races but i'm gonna try to let run Tambay whenever i can.

(bids finished editing on 18;45 Brussels time)

Team: Ligier
User: Butterfox

Engine upgrade: Y

(this part has not been edited)
I don't know what i want and i want it now!
Peteroli34

Post by Peteroli34 »

Team: Brabham

pi314159

Post by pi314159 »

Team: Williams

pasta_maldonado wrote:The stewards have recommended that Alan Jones learns to drive.
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

RACE Spanish Grand Prix

1979 RACE Spanish Grand Prix - Pre-Qualifying

1. Lola-Ford 2:26.337 (Boro)
2. Hesketh-Ford 2:26.500
3. Ligier-Matra 2:26.632

4. Ensign-Ford 2:27.147
5. Interscope-Ford 2:27.823
6. Minardi-Ford 2:29.424
7. Rebaque-Ford 2:29.529
8. Merzario-Ford 2:32.098
9. March-Ford 2:33.575 (Madom)
10. Spartec-Ford 2:34.337
11. Dywa-Renzo 2:46.326

1979 RACE Spanish Grand Prix - Qualifying

1979 RACE Spanish Grand Prix - Race

Fastest Lap: Gilles Villeneuve - 1:13.315
Drive of the race: Vittorio Brambilla: The extra weeks practicising to be a moving chicane paid off. Crucial 7th place finish for Boro at their first race of the season.
Reject of the race: The French: the French cars failed and the French drivers phoned it in. Sacre bleu indeed.
Dishonourable mentions:
1. Alan Jones: A quick spot of rallying cost him a shot at second place.
What about...: Mario Andretti? Rene Arnoux being a blithering idiot caused the world champion to take avoiding action. Excellent save to keep it out of the barriers, but the engine let go a few laps later anyway.

Lap Charts

Protesting
After each race, you can protest up to one team or driver (for now). To submit a protest, use the Google Form linked below. To confirm your protest has been lodged, please drop a post in the thread along the lines of "team X has lodged a protest against Driver Y at Z Grand Prix".

Link to protest form

Spreadsheet
Budgets have been updated.

Upgrades

Upgrades are OPEN. You may make a total of 1 upgrade in each area between races. Please check the 'Upgrade Prices' tab for an overview of the upgrade costs, and the 'Upgrades' tab to view how many upgrades your car has received this season, and how much the next one will cost.

The Matra engine upgrade is available now
Ferrari and Renault engine upgrades will be available after the Belgian Grand Prix

Please request upgrades using the following form:

Code: Select all

Team:
User:

G Upgrade: (Grip Upgrade; Y/N)
H upgrade: (Handling Upgrade; Y/N)
D upgrade: (Drag Upgrade; Y/N)
M upgrade: (Chassis weight/mass Upgrade; Y/N)

Engine upgrade: Y/N

FISA-FOCA Tensions:
0 - Heaven is a place on Earth
1 - Mild resentment
2 - Severe disagreement
3 - Summit talks
4 - Boycott threatened
5 - Breakaway series[/quote][/quote]
Last edited by pasta_maldonado on 13 Apr 2021, 13:38, edited 1 time in total.
This Could Be You

Post by This Could Be You »

Assuming I've guessed our teams' current budgets right, here are March and Hesketh's upgrades before Belgium

Team: March Engineering
User: TCBY

Team: Hesketh Racing
User: TCBY

Last edited by This Could Be You on 13 Apr 2021, 13:59, edited 1 time in total.
Your Signature Here

Named after HRT, now on HRT
takagi_for_the_win

Team: Lotus
User: Takagi
TORA! TORA! TORA!
Miguel98

Post by Miguel98 »

In De Telegraaf, circa 1979 wrote:Boro shine in their return to competition at the Spanish Grand Prix

The 1979 Spanish Grand Prix, held at Jarama last sunday, was a race of many events. Didier Pironi led early on before his Renault retired, and then the race became a fight between the remaining top runners, with Thomas Nurmester using strategy to overcome the challenge by the two Williams', his team-mate Jody Scheckter - who completed a Lotus one-two - and defending championship Mario Andretti, who retired from the race after an engine failure.

But perhaps the biggest news and surprise of the paddock came from small dutch outfit Boro, who took down giants once again to find themselves back in competition in the midfield after a year stuck at the back of the pack. Italian driver Vittorio Brambilla qualified 18th in the grid - the highest for the team since 1977 - and drove a stellar race to come home in 7th place, 2 laps down on race winner Thomas Nurmester.

The partnership that Boro struck with british manufacturer Lola to produce their 1979 chassis seems to have payed off dividends over the off-season. Bob Hoogenboom, the team's main principal and still-owner, felt emotional after Brambilla crossed the finish line. "It was very emotional. We struggled a lot during last season, and we almost left the sport - but Eric believed in our potential. I'm so happy he trusted in us. Vittorio was fantastic once again out there, he's one of the best drivers in the sport, without a doubt."

Brambilla himself felt really happy with his drive and with how the Lola T400 felt on track. "We knew we had the pace to get a good race, if we got the car to the finish. I made a really good start, and then I knew I had to drive my own race. I struggled with tyre wear towards the end of each stint, but once I saw cars drop around me, I just focused on bringing the car home as there was a chance of points. I'm really happy with this result, it's a proof that I made the right decision to continue with the team for this season.", claimed the italian driver, currently in his 3rd season with the dutch outfit. He's responsible for the team's best result in F1, a 6th place in the 1977 United States West Grand Prix.

Dutch driver Michael Bleekemolen, sadly, didn't make the grid in the second car. Bleekemolen was only half a second off his team-mate during pre-qualifying, but once saturday came, he found himself almost a second and a half off Brambilla's lap-time. 28th fastest in qualifying made sure he failed to make the grid on sunday.

The dutch driver wasn't particularly pleased with his qualifying performance, but took some positives over his return to the sport after 2 years. "Friday the car felt good, and I felt confidence to push. Sadly, on saturday, the track was really slippery, and I just couldn't get the lap together. I'm disappointed with myself and I'm sorry to the team, but there's some positives to take from this weekend. I'm still learning the ropes with the car, so hopefully at Zolder I'll be closer to Vittorio, who drove a brilliant race. Really happy for the team, but I also want to provide my contribution as a thank you to Bob and Rudy [Hoogenboom] for trusting me with this beautiful car!"

Boro's result on their first race of the season sees them climb ahead of Alfa Romeo in the constructor's championship. The next race of the 1979 Formula One World Championship occurs at Circuit Zolder, for the Belgian Grand Prix.

Mario on Gutierrez after the Italian Grand Prix wrote:He's no longer just a bit of a tool, he's the entire tool set.

18-07-2015: Forever in our hearts Jules.
25-08-2015: Forever in our hearts Justin.
Aislabie

Post by Aislabie »

Ferrari to update all the things unless that were to be financially ruinous
Aislabie

Post by Aislabie »

Autosport wrote:Sparshott "realistic" about Jarama DNPQ

Despite the surprise generated in the off-season by the announcement that struggling F1 outfit B&S Fabrications would be building its own "Spartec" chassis, there was little surprise last weekend when it failed to pre-qualify by several seconds, bringing the team in ahead only of the rightfully maligned Dywa outfit.

"We had to be realistic with our expectations for this car," Sparshott explained. "This car wasn't built as a luxury, it was built as a necessity. Not only was our previous chassis no longer legal to run, but the World Entrants Championship simply did not pay enough to continue running the team. We had to use what was at our disposal to continue to compete."

When asked whether that included parts from the March 741s his team used to own, Sparshott's answer was a resounding no. "Absolutely not. It might not look it at the moment, but we are ambitious."

That much is certainly true, with the team also manufacturing the cars for the BMW M1 Procar Championship that supported F1 for the first time at Jarama, as well as entering a two-car team there. "We hope to be able to reinvest the money from building the Procars into a proper effort when the new regulations come in for 1981. That'll be when you see what we can do; these two years are all about turning ourselves into a full-time outfit, even if the results are nothing to write home about."
Pinkd56
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Pinkd56 »

Can Arrows have a Drag and Handling upgrade please?
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Marlboro Belgian Grand Prix

1979 Marlboro Belgian Grand Prix - Pre-Qualifying

1. Ligier-Matra 2:43.627
2. Hesketh-Ford 2:44.415
3. Lola-Ford 2:45.494 (Boro)

4. Interscope-Ford 2:46.531
5. Ensign-Ford 2:47.621
6. Rebaque-Ford 2:48.053
7. Minardi-Ford 2:48.293
8. Merzario-Ford 2:50.464
9. Spartec-Ford 2:55.419
10. Martini-Ford 3:00.433 (VDS)
11. Dywa-Renzo 3:08.531

1979 Marlboro Belgian Grand Prix - Qualifying

1979 Marlboro Belgian Grand Prix - Race

Fastest Lap: Alan Jones - 1:21.120
Drive of the race: Gilles Villeneuve: Did all he had to do to claim his first Williams victory.
Reject of the race: Jacky Ickx: Dropped it in the gravel at his home race and spent a lap trying to get out.
Dishonourable mentions:
1. Jean-Pierre Jabouille - threw away points doing an Ickx
2. Alfa - you suck

Lap Charts

Protesting
After each race, you can protest up to one team or driver (for now). To submit a protest, use the Google Form linked below. To confirm your protest has been lodged, please drop a post in the thread along the lines of "team X has lodged a protest against Driver Y at Z Grand Prix".

Link to protest form

Spreadsheet
Budgets have been updated.

Upgrades

Upgrades are OPEN. You may make a total of 1 upgrade in each area between races. Please check the 'Upgrade Prices' tab for an overview of the upgrade costs, and the 'Upgrades' tab to view how many upgrades your car has received this season, and how much the next one will cost.

Ferrari, Renault, and Matra engine upgrades are now available

Please request upgrades using the following form:

Team:
User:

G Upgrade: (Grip Upgrade; Y/N)
H upgrade: (Handling Upgrade; Y/N)
D upgrade: (Drag Upgrade; Y/N)
M upgrade: (Chassis weight/mass Upgrade; Y/N)

Engine upgrade: Y/N

FISA-FOCA Tensions:
0 - Heaven is a place on Earth
1 - Mild resentment
2 - Severe disagreement
3 - Summit talks
4 - Boycott threatened
5 - Breakaway series[/quote][/quote][/quote]
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

XXXI BRDC International Trophy

XXXI BRDC International Trophy
The 31st running of the most important non-championship event of the year will take place between the Belgian and Monaco Grands Prix. Only 26 cars are allowed to enter the race.

A flat travel fee of £15,000 will apply to non-British teams.

Any driver currently signed to drive for all races for a team will automatically race for you if you so choose in the Trophy. You are free to sign different drivers, however, they will be subject to an RNG. Drivers for non-champiosnhip teams will also be subject to RNG. Wages do not have to be paid to any driver competing in a non-championship Grand Prix. However, injuries may still occur.

Prize money will be given out to teams in the usual fashion.

Entries will be assigned on a first-come first-serve basis. Entries are split into three categories:

1. Full-time entrants (those who have purchased the full season travel package) [8 teams]
2. Part-time entrants (those with a European only travel package or who enter race-by-race) [5 teams]

Link in case table does not work properly for you.

Please remember that entries are on a first come first served basis and as a result the entry list will close when it is full.

Please use the following forms for submitting entries:

Category: Full time / Part-time
Team Name:
Number:
Driver #1:
Driver #2: (if making multiple bids)
Number:
Driver #1:
Driver #2: (if making multiple bids)

Note: the gap between the Belgian GP and Monaco GP is one upgrade period. You can only upgrade once in each category between now and the Monaco GP
Last edited by pasta_maldonado on 14 Apr 2021, 22:20, edited 1 time in total.
This Could Be You

Category: Full time
Team Name: Hesketh Racing
Number: 1
Driver #1: Riccardo Patrese
Number: 2
Driver #1: Patrick Depailler
Driver #2: Patrick Tambay
Driver #3: Jean-Pierre Jarier
Driver #4: Bruno Giacomelli

Team Name: March Engineering
Number: 3
Driver #1: Harvey Jones
Number: 4
Driver #1: Guillaume Gauthier
Last edited by This Could Be You on 14 Apr 2021, 20:34, edited 2 times in total.
Your Signature Here

Pilot

Post by Pilot »

Team Name: Team Ensign
Number: 21
Driver #1: Ronnie Petersen

Number: 22
Driver #1: Jan Lammers
Biscione wrote:Can you stop being such a snowflake for five minutes?
Dom_Wings

Post by Dom_Wings »

Category: Full-time
Team Name: Tyrrell
Number: 3
Driver #1: Tom Pryce
Number: 4
Driver #1: Robert Kagan
Peteroli34

Post by Peteroli34 »

Category: Full time / Part-time
Team Name: Brabham
Number: 7
Driver #1: James Hunt
Number: 8
Driver #1: Desire Wilson
Driver #2: Nelson Piquet

Butterfox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Butterfox »

Team Name: Ligier
Number: 25
Driver #1: Patrick Depailler
Driver #2: Patrick Tambay
Number: 26
Driver #1: Patrick Gaillard

Category: Part-time
Team Name: VDS
Number: 47
Driver #1: Claude Bourgioignie
Number: 48
Driver #1: Pierre Dieudonné
Last edited by Butterfox on 14 Apr 2021, 20:39, edited 2 times in total.
Frogfoot9013

Post by Frogfoot9013 »

Category: Part-Time
Team Name: Dywa
Number: 35
Driver #1: Teo Fabi
Driver #2: Ottavia Cacciatori (DEC: me)
Number: 36
Driver #1: Lena Troscchi (DEC: Butterfox)
Last edited by Frogfoot9013 on 14 Apr 2021, 20:44, edited 1 time in total.
James Hunt, commentating on the 1991 German Grand Prix wrote:The Benettons looking very smart together on the track, mostly because they're both going so slowly.
pi314159

Post by pi314159 »

Team Name: Williams
Number: 27
Driver #1: Derek Daly
Number: 28
Driver #1: John Watson
pasta_maldonado wrote:The stewards have recommended that Alan Jones learns to drive.
takagi_for_the_win

Team: Lotus
Number: #5
Driver 1: Thomas Nurmester
Number: #6
Driver 2: TBA
Last edited by takagi_for_the_win on 14 Apr 2021, 20:45, edited 1 time in total.
TORA! TORA! TORA!
Miguel98

Post by Miguel98 »

Category: Part-Time
Team Name: Boro
Number: 32
Driver #1: Vittorio Brambilla
Number: 33
Driver #1: Jean-Pierre Jarier
Driver #2: Huub Rothengatter
Mario on Gutierrez after the Italian Grand Prix wrote:He's no longer just a bit of a tool, he's the entire tool set.

18-07-2015: Forever in our hearts Jules.
25-08-2015: Forever in our hearts Justin.
CaptainGetz12
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by CaptainGetz12 »

Category: Part-time
Team Name: Scuderia Everest
Number: 23
Driver #1: Piercarlo Ghinzani
Number: 24
Driver #1: Eddie Cheever
Klon wrote:What did poor André do to you for him to be insulted like that?
Aislabie

Post by Aislabie »

B&S Fabrications will be entering Luciano Sighinolfi (#43) and Divina Galica (#44)

Ferrari, if thete's still space, will go with Keke Rosberg and Giacomo Agostini
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Due to popular consensus, I have decided that only one team per user can be entered into the non-championship races from now on.

This means that either Hesketh or March and either Ligier or VDS will need to be voluntarily withdrawn.
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

Interscope Racing would like to take one of the vacant entries with our two regular drivers
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
This Could Be You

March will voluntarily withdraw from the BRDC International Trophy in order to allow other users to enter
Your Signature Here

Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

ATS Kauhsen will try to squeeze in as well.

We'll use our regular drivers.
Eurosport broadcast for the 1990 Mexican GP prequalifying:
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
Butterfox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Butterfox »

Guy Ligier wrote:Ugh stupid FOCA merde doesn't want us to enter because those brits think the 100 year war is still going with their Jeanne D'arc complex. I can totally foresee some british new wave band making a song about that..
We got a right to race wherever we like. We're a global team. If FOCA want to retreat to UK races only, guess their way is similar to the Soviet way. We won't have it, we're better than politics. We demand a compensation for not being allowed to run here.
Pinkd56
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Pinkd56 »

Team: Arrows North Star
Driver 1: Chico Serra
Driver 2: Nigel Mansell

If either of these fail, Chateau then Arnoux to replace them.
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klon »

Teddy Mayer wrote:Clearly, Ligier fails to appreciate the need of the smaller manufacturer to protect their interests in Formula One. Especially given the perpetual discrimination by our outfits at the hand of FISA; it is only reasonable that we ensure a fair environment in the prestigious BRDC International Trophy. Even if McLaren do not participate in this event this year, we fully support the endeavours undertaken by FOCA to ensure such fairness.