F1 1986 - Season Over - Vote for ROTY!

The place for non-canon series, including all series that contain minimal or no references at all to the RWRS universe
Gertrand Bachot

F1 1986 - Season Over - Vote for ROTY!

Post by Gertrand Bachot »

Hello there, and welcome to this, the not-definitely-no-seriously-it-isn't-canon 1986 season of Formula One! With the unfortunate demise of BioBiro's excellent series, it only seemed fitting to give 1986 the chance it deserves. Well, sort of. I'm not nearly as good as him as running a series, I'll admit, but I can give it my best shot, and it's non-canon, so what could possibly go wrong? Anyways, pick a team, and enjoy the ride!

Link in case table does not work properly for you.

Waiting List:
Salamander
CaptainGetz12
Last edited by Gertrand Bachot on 30 May 2019, 15:36, edited 20 times in total.
Gertrand Bachot

Re: Formula One 1986 - The Year Of Power - Choose Your Team

Season Calendar
1) Grande Prémio do Brasil - Jacarepaguá Circuit - 23rd March
2) Gran Premio Tio Pepe de España - Circuito de Jerez - 13th April
3) Gran Premio di San Marino - Autodromo Dino Ferrari - 27th April
4) Grand Prix Automobile de Monaco - Circuit de Monaco - 11th May
5) Belgian Grand Prix - Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps - 25th May
6) Grand Prix du Canada - Circuit Gilles Villeneuve - 15th June
7) Detroit Grand Prix - Streets of Detroit - 22nd June
8) Grand Prix de France - Circuit Paul Ricard - 6th July
9) Shell Oils British Grand Prix - Brands Hatch - 13th July
10) Großer Preis von Deutschland - Hockenheimring - 27th July
11) POP 84 Magyar Nagydíj - Hungaroring - 10th August
12) Holiday Großer Preis von Osterreich - Österreichring - 17th August
13) Gran Premio d'Italia - Autodromo Nazionale Monza - 7th September
14) Grande Prémio de Portugal - Autodromo do Estoril - 21st September
15) Gran Premio de Mexico - Autódromo Hermanos Rodríguez - 12th October
16) South African Grand Prix - Kyalami - 19th October
17) Foster's Australian Grand Prix - Adelaide Street Circuit - 26th October

Rule Changes:
- All naturally aspirated engines are banned. All teams must use turbocharged units.
- In-race refueling has been allowed by the FIA, in order to make strategies more exciting.
- Each team must bring 2 cars to each Grand Prix.
- 28 cars will be allowed into main qualifying, and 26 will start the race. Any leftover teams will be relegated to pre-qualifying.
Last edited by Gertrand Bachot on 29 May 2018, 17:01, edited 1 time in total.
This Could Be You

Post by This Could Be You »

I'll take Arrows, assuming this series makes it off the ground.
Your Signature Here

Named after HRT, now on HRT
AdrianBelmonte_

Post by AdrianBelmonte_ »

In the sheet there's a team called Jolly Club, i'll take that one
#FoxesFansHooligans

#HaasShouldBeSoLucky
Aislabie

Post by Aislabie »

If we're continuing with teams in Biro's timeline, Minardi. Otherwise no thank you
Dexter249

Post by Dexter249 »

Jolly Club, because Toleman went bankrupt.
FIAT Group, finding loopholes in the FIA rulebook since it's inception.
Gertrand Bachot

I feel that I should specify that this isn't a direct continuation of BioBiro's series; rather, it's a new 1986 series, and for those who were disappointed about that series ending, you may continue (sort of) here, and if a team went bankrupt there (looking at you McLaren and Lotus) they will get a 2nd chance here. If this disappoints you, or you are no longer interested (don't hide, it's fine) please let me know (unless you have specified your demands already).

Dexter249 wrote:Jolly Club, because Toleman went bankrupt.

AdrianBelmonte_ wrote:In the sheet there's a team called Jolly Club, i'll take that one

Dexter, you need to pick a different team. If you want to (technically) run Toleman you can run Benetton (which is a continuation of Toleman).
Collieafc

Post by Collieafc »

I will attempt to pick up where I left off on Birobiro’s game and pick Williams again (please)
DanielPT wrote:Life usually expires after 400 meters and always before reaching 2 laps or so. In essence, Life is short.
takagi_for_the_win

Post by takagi_for_the_win »

I’ll nab Lotus.
TORA! TORA! TORA!
Dexter249

Post by Dexter249 »

I'll nab Benetton then.
Iso Masa

Post by Iso Masa »

Zakspeed (or rather ZakFrequentEngineBlowouts) please.
Bobby Doorknobs

Post by Bobby Doorknobs »

RAM Racing will continue into 1986 in its attempts to relaunch Mike Thackwell's career.

(Just give us a budget of £-10,000,000 and remember to shut the team down before we accidentally wind up on a plane to Rio. Obrigado.)
#FreeGonzo
Gertrand Bachot

I might as well write out the rules for this, so you know exactly what is going to happen. But anyways, without further ado, I present:
The Rules

Budgets
- The Budget Spreadsheet (like the others) is on the first post.
- Budgets should be updated after each race, but if not, then I'm either busy or being a lazy James Hunt. For up-to-the-minute information, visit the IRC chat (or PM me if you really don't want to; why though, it's great and everyone is great apart from yours truly) and ask me.

Engines
- All teams must renew their engine supply yearly (though you can choose to sign an engine deal for 2 years).
- There are 3 tiers to choosing an engine, those being: works, semi-works and customer. The details and differences of them are outlined here:
- Works engines will: allow you to develop and test the engine, allow you to dictate the direction of the engine's development and you will be able to regularly upgrade the engine throughout the season.
- Semi-works engines will: allow you to develop and test the engine, not allow you to dictate the direction of the engine's development and you will be able to upgrade the engine throughout the season, at half the rate of the works team.
- Customer engines will: not allow you to develop and test the engine, not allow you to dictate the direction of the engine's development and you will not be able to upgrade the engine throughout the season.

Chassis
- The chassis tiers are up on the first page of the sheet.
- You may use your 1986 chassis in 1987 and beyond, however; they will incur aging penalties, defined on the sheet.
- A team may introduce a new chassis mid season.
- Teams can sell custom chassis to collectors for 10% of it's build price.
- Each team must build it's own chassis.
- The cost of each chassis is for two chassis.

Designers
- Designers help improve areas of the car both during construction and during upgrades.
- Designers are like drivers – they have team preferences, must be paid a wage, can be hired for a maximum of 2 years, and are subject to RNG.
- More information is provided on the Designers tab of the spreadsheet.

Sponsors
- Sponsors provide money in three tiers in return for goals being achieved.
- Each team has one sponsor with three goals, Tier 1 goals offering the most money (and are the hardest to achieve) and Tier 3 goals offer the least money (and are the easiest to achieve).
- You may only target one tier at a time, even if your choices fulfill all three tiers. This must be stated.
- More information is provided on the Sponsors tab of the spreadsheet.

Suppliers
- There are four types of supplier: Fuel, Gearbox, Parts and Tyres. Each supplier brings benefits to the team.
- Each team must sign a tyre supplier, a gearbox supplier and a fuel supplier. Parts suppliers are optional.
- The amount of contracts available for a supplier is listed.
- The price listed is paid once to secure the supplier, and once to purchase the upgrade.
- Supplier upgrades come at random times, and an RNG will be run to determine the effectiveness of the upgrade.
- If more offers than number of contracts are received, an RNG will be run.
- Pay attention to the Brand Image.

Upgrades
- In between each race, there is a development cycle, which allows you to spend your allotted development tokens on upgrading the car.
- Your amount of tokens is up on the sheet.
- There is no limit on the amount of tokens you may spend per race, but using each token costs £1,000,000.
- If you have a works engine deal, you also have a number of engine tokens up.
- The rules from chassis tokens apply here.
- Your tyre supplier may randomly request your development assistance. In this event, the team involved will be RNGed (the more successful your team is, the higher chance you have of being chosen for it).
- You will have a select number of credits, and the cost will be spread out between all teams who are contracted to that supplier.

Drivers
- Any F1 driver is entitled to a wage of at least £120,000.
- Driver contracts can range from 1 to 32 races representing a maximum contracted time of 2 consecutive seasons. If the powers that be decide that 1987 shall have 17 races, then this race will automatically be covered by two-year contracts.
- In addition, you may add clauses of all types to the contract. Obviously, drivers won't like clauses that could potentially hurt them. Furthermore, clauses that make the wage of a driver fully or partially conditional are banned. Be careful, any badly-worded clauses will be read in the most driver-friendly method possible.
- Drivers may bring money to your team, up to a value of £1,000,000 per driver. The amount of money a pay driver brings is per season, so hiring a driver for less than 16 races will mean you receive a fraction of the full amount (e.g. Driver Name brings £100,000 and you hire him for 8 races. 8/16 = £50,000). When hiring pay drivers, simply state the amount of money you wish the driver to bring to the team. Be warned, not every driver can bring large pay packets, and some will be put off from driving for you if you demand too much or simply demand money at all.
- Pay drivers are not subject to the minimum wage rule.
- If you fire a regular driver, he/she will demand a payment of £500,000. If you feel the driver has underperformed or performed in any other way to justify the termination of the contract, you may contest this payment and the dispute will go to court. A driver may decide to settle out of court for a lower sum. However, be warned - you may lose the case, and the driver can demand a greater payment than £500,000.
- If you fire a pay driver, he/she will not demand any payment. However, you will lose their money for races they will not compete in. E.g. You hire Driver Deletraz for 16 races, and they bring £200,000. If you then fire them after 4 races, you will lose £150,000 of their money.

Debt
- Teams may go into debt.
- You may borrow as much as your starting budget in negative numbers. This is your in-season credit limit. If you exceed this your team will be considered bankrupt immediately. You will not be able to enter any more races, or do any further actions as owner of that team.
- If a team is still in debt, after FISA end-of-season prize money and FOCA end-of-season TV money is distributed, they will be declared bankrupt and be disallowed from participating in 1987.
- Teams are free to loan money to other teams as they wish.

Injuries
- Drivers signed to replace injured drivers may be signed on the injured driver's terms, or may be signed to a new contract.
- You do not pay the wages of an injured driver. (This is covered by insurance)
- Injuries are decided by RNG.

Entries
- Each team must enter two cars into every race weekend.
- There will be 26 starters for every Grand Prix. In the case of attracting more than 28 entries, a Pre-Qualifying session will be run, with the fastest teams on combined times going through to Qualifying.

Gearboxes
- You can either make your own gearbox in-house, or lease out to a supplier who will make it for you.
- Each gearbox has it's own shift time. The higher the shift time is, the slower you are.
- All is on the Technicalities section on the spreadsheet.

Turbo Lag
- Turbo Lag is a thing, and you can control the level of it.
- The higher your turbo lag is, the slower you are.
- All is in the same section as the gearboxes on the spreadsheet.

Voting
- If FISA propose a rule change for 1987 you are allowed to vote on it.
- You are allowed to either ratify or block the proposal, as long as you do it in the interest of your team.

Any more queries, please ask!
Last edited by Gertrand Bachot on 21 May 2018, 18:55, edited 1 time in total.
Bleu

Post by Bleu »

I return to these somewhat realistic series. Tyrrell for me.
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by pasta_maldonado »

Eh, sod it, I'll join in and take McLaren.
Klon wrote:more liek Nick Ass-idy amirite?
Bandon23

Post by Bandon23 »

I'll take Osella
SeedStriker

Post by SeedStriker »

What the hell! I'll take Brabham to see if I can help them not to descent onto obvlivion
Gertrand Bachot

Right, so lets get this thing started, shall we?

Driver Signings

You must follow these rules when picking a driver:

- Any F1 driver is entitled to a wage of at least £120,000.
- Driver contracts can range from 1 to 32 races representing a maximum contracted time of 2 consecutive seasons. If the powers that be decide that 1987 shall have 17 races, then this race will automatically be covered by two-year contracts.
- In addition, you may add clauses of all types to the contract. Obviously, drivers won't like clauses that could potentially hurt them. Furthermore, clauses that make the wage of a driver fully or partially conditional are banned. Be careful, any badly-worded clauses will be read in the most driver-friendly method possible.
- Drivers may bring money to your team, up to a value of £1,000,000 per driver. The amount of money a pay driver brings is per season, so hiring a driver for less than 16 races will mean you receive a fraction of the full amount (e.g. Driver Name brings £100,000 and you hire him for 8 races. 8/16 = £50,000). When hiring pay drivers, simply state the amount of money you wish the driver to bring to the team. Be warned, not every driver can bring large pay packets, and some will be put off from driving for you if you demand too much or simply demand money at all.
- Pay drivers are not subject to the minimum wage rule.
- If you fire a regular driver, he/she will demand a payment of £500,000. If you feel the driver has underperformed or performed in any other way to justify the termination of the contract, you may contest this payment and the dispute will go to court. A driver may decide to settle out of court for a lower sum. However, be warned - you may lose the case, and the driver can demand a greater payment than £500,000.
- If you fire a pay driver, he/she will not demand any payment. However, you will lose their money for races they will not compete in. E.g. You hire Driver Deletraz for 16 races, and they bring £200,000. If you then fire them after 4 races, you will lose £150,000 of their money.

It works pretty much the same as the Alt-F1 1990 process, so if you're familiar with that then you should be fine here.

Use this format for signing drivers:

Code: Select all

---- First Driver ----
Candidate:
Offered Wage: (please put funds required from pay drivers in square brackets, e.g. [£500,000]
Contract Length:
Other Clauses:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

---- Second Driver ----
Candidate:
Offered Wage: (please put funds required from pay drivers in square brackets, e.g. [£500,000]
Contract Length:
Other Clauses:

Here's a list of drivers that are active on the open-wheel scene, and thus are available for an F1 team to hire:

Formula One Drivers
Alain Prost (FRA) - Reigning World Champion
Michele Alboreto (ITA)
Keke Rosberg (FIN)
Ayrton Senna (BRA)
Elio De Angelis (ITA)
Nigel Mansell (GBR)
Stefan Johansson (SWE)
Nelson Piquet (BRA)
Jacques Laffite (FRA)
Thierry Boutsen (BEL)
Patrick Tambay (FRA)
Marc Surer (SUI)
Derek Warwick (GBR)
Philippe Streiff (FRA)
Ivan Capelli (ITA)
René Arnoux (FRA)
Andrea de Cesaris (ITA)
Gerhard Berger (AUT)
Martin Brundle (GBR)
Huub Rothengatter (NED)
Pierluigi Martini (ITA)
Riccardo Patrese (ITA)
Eddie Cheever (USA)
Piercarlo Ghinzani (ITA)
Philippe Alliot (FRA)
Jonathan Palmer (GBR)
Teo Fabi (ITA)
Alan Jones (AUS)
Christian Danner (GER)

European Formula 3000 Drivers
Christian Danner (GER) - Reigning Champion
Emanuele Pirro (ITA)
John Nielsen (DEN)
Michel Ferté (FRA)
Gabriele Tarquini (ITA)
Ivan Capelli (ITA)
Philippe Streiff (FRA)
Alain Ferté (FRA)
Mario Hytten (SUI)
Olivier Grouillard (FRA)
Guido Daccò (ITA)
Tomas Kaiser (SWE)
Roberto Moreno (BRA)
Johnny Dumfries (GBR)
Thierry Tassin (BEL)
Juan Manuel Fangio II (ARG)
Philippe Alliot (FRA)
Pascal Fabre (FRA)
Claudio Langes (ITA)

Other drivers will be allowed at my discretion.

If you throw what I judge to be an obscene amount of money towards somebody, that bid will be invalid.

I shall babysit Haas, Minardi, Ligier and Ferrari for now. If somebody wishes to take over these teams, please feel free! (the more people the better!) I will leave their driver bids until the end of the signing, so if somebody wishes to take over one of these teams, then you can post your own bids.

You have until 18:00 BST on Thursday 31st May 2018 to post your bids.
Last edited by Gertrand Bachot on 29 May 2018, 10:00, edited 1 time in total.
Bobby Doorknobs

Post by Bobby Doorknobs »

RAM Racing bids:

---- First Driver ----
Candidate: Mike Thackwell (we already have a contract, actually)
Offered Wage: £0
Contract Length: 1 year
Other Clauses: N/A

---- Second Driver ----
Candidate: N/A (trying to scrape together the funds for one car is hard enough right now)
Offered Wage: N/A
Contract Length: N/A
#FreeGonzo
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

McLaren bids:

---- First Driver ----
Candidate: Alain Prost
Offered Wage: £1,250,000
Contract Length: 3 year
Other Clauses:

Candidate: Ayrton Senna
Contract Length: 3 year
Other Clauses:

Candidate: Michele Alboreto
Offered Wage: £750,000
Contract Length: 2 year
Other Clauses:

---- Second Driver ----
Candidate: Nigel Mansell
Contract Length: 3 years
Other Clauses: £250,000 pay rise if he wins the WDC or comes within 9 points of Prost in the WDC.

---- Second Driver ----
Candidate: Thierry Boutsen
Offered Wage: £500,000
Contract Length: 2 years
Other Clauses: £250,000 pay rise if he wins the WDC

---- Second Driver ----
Candidate: Derek Warwick
Other Clauses: £250,000 pay rise if he wins the WDC
Last edited by pasta_maldonado on 30 May 2018, 15:41, edited 1 time in total.
SeedStriker

Post by SeedStriker »

Brabham bids

---- First Driver ----
Candidate: Jacques Laffite
Offered Wage: 500.000
Other Clauses:

Candidate: Philippe Streiff
Other Clauses:

Candidate: Stefan Johansson
Other Clauses:

---- Second Driver ----
Other Clauses:

Other Clauses:

Candidate: Alessandro Nannini
Offered Wage: [1,000,000]
Other Clauses:
Bleu

Post by Bleu »

---- First Driver ----
Other Clauses: £10,000 bonus for each podium

Candidate: Martin Brundle

Candidate: Jonathan Palmer
Offered Wage: £350,000

---- Second Driver ----
Candidate: Mike Thackwell
Offered Wage: £120,000
Other Clauses: Option for next year to be used (£150,000) if driver has at least 5 points after 12 races

Candidate: Christian Danner
Other Clauses: Option for next year to be used (£150,000) if driver has at least 5 points after 12 races

Candidate: Emmanuele Pirro

If all of the above fail, then one proposed candidate to use.
Candidate: Mauricio Gugelmin (British F3 champion 1985)
Offered Wage: [£100,000]
Other Clauses: Option for next year to be used (£120,000) if driver has at least 5 points after 12 races
Last edited by Bleu on 29 May 2018, 18:44, edited 2 times in total.
BioBiro
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by BioBiro »

Hi~,

This is really good to see! I don’t visit too often, but was taking a break and noticed this series had started, since the last time I was here.

1986+ will never continue, so if anyone is holding-out hope for it to do so, please do not, and instead immerse yourself in new series’. The seasons my series covered - or the turbo-era, in general - should never be perceived as being ‘owned’ by me, or some such; any series manager is free to repeat, or continue with, any of those seasons, and steal as many ideas from my series as possible.

@Gertrand Bachot - Well done, keep pushing the boat-out with new ideas other series’ haven’t tried before, and if you ever suffer from a lack of entries or activity from participants, I suggest adding more polish - that always seem to work for me. I had a quick look at your profile, and noticed you were thirteen years-old? Christ alive, I think I was still playing with my hoop & stick in the street, when I was your age. You’ve got a very bright future ahead, if you’re able to pull-off a series like this, at 13.

Suppliers
ATS

Brand image
Crazy
:twisted:
Gertrand Bachot

BioBiro wrote:Hi~,

This is really good to see! I don’t visit too often, but was taking a break and noticed this series had started, since the last time I was here.

1986+ will never continue, so if anyone is holding-out hope for it to do so, please do not, and instead immerse yourself in new series’. The seasons my series covered - or the turbo-era, in general - should never be perceived as being ‘owned’ by me, or some such; any series manager is free to repeat, or continue with, any of those seasons, and steal as many ideas from my series as possible.

@Gertrand Bachot - Well done, keep pushing the boat-out with new ideas other series’ haven’t tried before, and if you ever suffer from a lack of entries or activity from participants, I suggest adding more polish - that always seem to work for me. I had a quick look at your profile, and noticed you were thirteen years-old? Christ alive, I think I was still playing with my hoop & stick in the street, when I was your age. You’ve got a very bright future ahead, if you’re able to pull-off a series like this, at 13.

Suppliers
ATS

Brand image
Crazy
:twisted:

Hi, it's nice to see you're still around every now and then (you're here forever, so they say). I appreciate the (very) kind words from you, and your former series (and the disappointment of it's unavoidable demise) was the reason for me starting this in the first place. I read through it, and it seemed like a very enjoyable thing, and it gave me ideas for a few features here. I will keep trying to improve this series as much as I can (with the help of some feedback from other users). And yes, I am 13 years old, which you seemed to be shocked about. But anyways, thank you for taking the time to come here and see what's progressed, and for your very kind words!
Dexter249

Post by Dexter249 »

Benetton
---- First Driver ----
Candidate: John Palmer
Offered Wage: (please put funds required from pay drivers in square brackets, e.g. [£500,000] 400k
Other Clauses: do you think we have any?

Candidate: Teo Fabi
Offered Wage: (please put funds required from pay drivers in square brackets, e.g. [£500,000] 275k

Candidate: Alan Jones
Offered Wage: (please put funds required from pay drivers in square brackets, e.g. [£500,000] 120k

---- Second Driver ----
Offered Wage: (please put funds required from pay drivers in square brackets, e.g. [£500,000] 300k
Other Clauses: no.

Candidate: Roberto Moreno
Offered Wage: (please put funds required from pay drivers in square brackets, e.g. [£500,000] 125k

Candidate: Johnny Dumfries
Offered Wage: (please put funds required from pay drivers in square brackets, e.g. [£500,000] 100k

Also, Hi Biro.
This Could Be You

Arrows bids:

---- First Driver ----
Candidate: Keke Rosberg
Offered Wage: £550k
Other Clauses:

Offered Wage: £500k
Other Clauses: 1 year contract extension if a win or more than one podium achieved

Candidate: Gerhard Berger
Offered Wage: £400k
Other Clauses: Wage increase to £500k for 1987 if a win or more than one podium achieved

---- Second Driver ----
Offered Wage: £325k
Other Clauses: Wage increase to £400k for 1987 if two or more top 4 finishes achieved

Candidate: Gerhard Berger (if not #1 driver)
Other Clauses:

Candidate: Martin Brundle
Other Clauses: Contract renewal if podium achieved
Your Signature Here

Collieafc

Post by Collieafc »

Williams Bids (In order of preference):

---- First Driver ----
Candidate: Alain Prost
Offered Wage: £1,500,000
Other Clauses:

Other Clauses:

Candidate: Nelson Piquet
Offered Wage: £1,000,000
Other Clauses:

---- Second Driver ----
Other Clauses: Will be promoted to Number 1 driver should our bids for Number 1 driver be unsuccessful

---- Second Driver ----
Other Clauses: Additional £250,000 bonus at end of each season if he scores 75% or more of our first drivers final points tally (EG our 1st driver scores 100 points, Berger gets £250k if he scores 75 or more points by the end of the final race)

---- Second Driver ----
Offered Wage: £400,000
Other Clauses: Additional £200,000 bonus at end of each season if he scores 75% or more of our first drivers final points tally (EG our 1st driver scores 100 points, Johansson gets £200k if he scores 75 or more points byt he end of the final race)
DanielPT wrote:Life usually expires after 400 meters and always before reaching 2 laps or so. In essence, Life is short.
Gertrand Bachot

Right, so with less than 24 hours to go until the driver RNG, I'm still missing bids from takagi_for_the_win, Iso Masa, Bandon23 and AdrianBelmonte_. If you guys could post your bids whenever you get a chacne (before 18:00 BST tomorrow), then I would appreciate it, otherwise you'll end up with Claudio Langes and Guido Dacco as your drivers, which would not be a good thing.

I'll post the Haas, Minardi, Ligier and Ferrari bids now (these teams are still up for grabs; it would be hugely appreciated of somebody took them; you can change the bids if you want)

Team: Haas
--- First Driver ----
Candidate: Alan Jones
Offered Wage: £300,000
Other Clauses: none

Candidate: Danny Sullivan
Offered Wage: £385,000

---- Second Driver ----
Candidate: Patrick Tambay

Candidate: Bruno Giacomelli
Offered Wage: £180,000

Team: Minardi
---- First Driver ----
Candidate: Andrea De Cesaris
Offered Wage: [£1,800,000]

Offered Wage: £245,000

---- Second Driver ----
Candidate: Satoru Nakajima
Offered Wage: [£2,000,000]

Candidate: Kazuyoshi Hoshino
Offered Wage: [£210,000]

Team: Ligier
---- First Driver ----
Candidate: Rene Arnoux

Candidate: Philippe Alliot
Offered Wage: [£1,000,000]

---- Second Driver ----
Candidate: Jacques Laffite
Offered Wage: £890,000
Other Clauses:

Candidate: Philippe Alliot
Offered Wage: [£1,000,000]

Team: Ferrari
---- First Driver ----

---- Second Driver ----
Offered Wage: £600,000

Offered Wage: £800,000
Bandon23

Post by Bandon23 »

Osella

---- First Driver ----
Candidate: Marc Surer
Offered Wage: £250,000

Candidate: Piercarlo Ghinzani

Candidate: Philippe Streiff

---- Second Driver ----
Candidate: Riccardo Patrese
Offered Wage: £320,000

Candidate: Piercarlo Ghinzani

Candidate: Teo Fabi
Offered Wage: £290,000
Last edited by Bandon23 on 30 May 2018, 23:40, edited 1 time in total.
Iso Masa

Post by Iso Masa »

First driver

Candidate: Riccardo Patrese
Offered Wage: £350.000
Other Clauses: £10.000 and 10 kegs of Bitburger beer for every point scored.

Candidate: Eddie Cheever
Offered Wage: £300.000

Offered Wage: £300.000
Contract Length:1 year

Second driver.

Candidate: Huub "Rattengott" Rothengatter
Offered Wage: [£1.500.000]
Contract Length:1 year.
Other Clauses:

Candidate: Ivan Capelli
Offered Wage:[£800,000]
Contract Length:1 year.
Other Clauses:

Candidate: John Nielsen
Offered Wage: [£1.500.000]
Contract Length:1 year
Other Clauses:
takagi_for_the_win

Post by takagi_for_the_win »

Lotus Driver Bids

---- First Driver ----
Contract Length: 2 years (with option to automatically extend for a third)
Other Clauses: Should either party wish to follow up on the option for extension at any point in the first two seasons, the possibility to extend the contract for the third season will come into effect immediately, with a salary increase of £500,000 for the third year of the contract.

Candidate: Nelson Piquet
Other Clauses: Should either party wish to follow up on the option for extension at any point in the first two seasons, the possibility to extend the contract for the third season will come into effect immediately, with a salary increase of £500,000 for the third year of the contract.

Candidate: Keke Rosberg
Other Clauses: Everyone in the team is required to sport a moustache at all times for the duration of the contract. Women aren't exempt from this clause.

---- Second Driver ----
Candidate: Elio de Angelis
Offered Wage: 2 years (with option for third year)
Contract Length: £750,000

Contract Length: 3 years
Other Clauses: Should Mr Mansell drive for us alongside Mr Rosberg, we request one also grows a full face beard in order to aid team members in differentiating between the two.

Other Candidate: Gerhard Berger
Other Clauses: £100,000 bonus for every win. Also, no snakes to be permitted on team premises at any time.
TORA! TORA! TORA!
Gertrand Bachot

Re: Formula One 1986 - The Year Of Power - Chassis+Engine/De

So, with all but AGS submitting their bids, the driver RNG's are finished, and everyone can check who they got here.

How they got there (full RNG odds and results)

So, onto the next phases then.

Chassis, engines, tyres and designers

Chassis
The chassis system is simple; you buy a design tier, the different areas get RNG'ed and the end result is your chassis.

Explaining the columns: Min Grip is the lowest amount of grip your car will have, it cannot have any more than that, and for Max Grip, just the other way round. Weight is self-explanatory, Drag will affect your speed (in-game, 1 drag point = -1BHP), as will handling (in-game, 1 handling point = 100 RGR), and CFP (Car Failure Probability) is the likelihood of your car breaking down. The lower that value is, the more reliable your car is.

Engines

Company should be self-explanatory. BHP states its power in qualifying and the race. See the chassis section for CFP. Weight is again self-explanatory. Turbo Lag is a thing, which will affect your speed. The higher it is, the slower your car is going to go out of a corner. The slower the corner, the higher affect it has (A 5th-gear corner will have much less turbo lag effects than a 1st gear corner). The Bonus is something, if you are a works team, you will have to pick. Available describes how many engine contracts are available to teams. Notes are information about specific factors tying into the engine choice. Price is the price you pay for purchasing the engine contract.

Works, semi works and customer deals

- There are 3 tiers to choosing an engine, those being: works, semi-works and customer. The details and differences of them are outlined here:
- Works engines will: allow you to develop and test the engine, allow you to dictate the direction of the engine's development and you will be able to regularly upgrade the engine throughout the season.
- Semi-works engines will: allow you to develop and test the engine, not allow you to dictate the direction of the engine's development and you will be able to upgrade the engine throughout the season, at half the rate of the works team.
- Customer engines will: not allow you to develop and test the engine, not allow you to dictate the direction of the engine's development and you will not be able to upgrade the engine throughout the season.
- The prices on the sheet are for works engines. Semi-works are 10% cheaper, and customer units are 25% cheaper

These are the availability of each engine, whether they are works, semi-works or customer:

Honda RA166E 1.5 V6t - 1 works, 1 customer
BMW M12/13 1.5 L4t - 1 works, 1 semi-works, 1 customer
Ferrari 032 1.5 V6t - 1 works
Renault EF4B 1.5 V6t - 1 semi-works, 2 customers
TAG/Porsche TTE PO1 1.5 V6t - 1 works
Ford Cosworth GBA 1.5 V6t - 1 works, 1 customer
Motori Moderni Tipo 615-90 1.5 V6t - 1 semi-works, 1 customer
Hart 415T 1.5 L4t - 2 customers
Zakspeed 1500/4 1.5 L4t - 1 works
Alfa Romeo 890T 1.5 V8t - 1 works, 1 customer

Basically, you just pick the engine you would like, say whether it is works, semi-works or customer (depending on its availability), and a RNG will decide which engine you will be given. Factors playing into the RNG are real-life history, your team's performance over the last season and general feasibility. Any team that outright chooses it or fails to get any of their desired engine will be given another opportunity to bid for an engine. All engine deals are one-year contracts. You may bid for a maximum of 3 different engines.

Tyres
Goodyear and Pirelli are back for 1986 to do battle with one another, and each team must choose one supplier.

Designers
- Designers help improve areas of the car both during construction and during upgrades.
- Designers are like drivers – they have team preferences, must be paid a wage, can be hired for a maximum of 2 years, and are subject to RNG.
- You MUST bid for a designer, as they are an essential part of a modern F1 team.

Please fill out the following form by 18:00 BST on the 3rd June 2018 (McLaren's manager, pasta_maldonado gets a 'free pass' in this regard, due to his prolonged absence in June):

Team:
Chassis:
Engine choice 1:
Engine choice 2: (if applicable)
Engine choice 3: (if applicable)
Tyres:
Designer: (repeat as many times as necessary)
Last edited by Gertrand Bachot on 31 May 2018, 22:11, edited 3 times in total.
Dexter249

Post by Dexter249 »

Team: Benetton
Chassis: A
Engine choice 1: BMW M12 (Semi-Works)
Engine choice 2: Cosworth GBA (customer)
Tyres: Goodyear
Designer: Rory Byrne
Last edited by Dexter249 on 31 May 2018, 20:52, edited 1 time in total.
Gertrand Bachot

Dexter249 wrote:Team: Benetton
Engine choice 1: BMW M12
Engine choice 2: Cosworth GBA
Designer: Rory Byrne

You need to specify if you want works, semi-works or customer engines. The available specifications are in the post above yours.
This Could Be You

Team: Arrows
Engine choice 1: BMW M12/3 (semi-works)
Engine choice 2: Ford GBA (works)
Engine choice 3: Alfa Romeo 890T (works)
Tyres: Pirelli
Designer choice 1: Gustav Brunner
Designer choice 2: Neil Oatley
Designer choice 3: Ross Brawn
Your Signature Here

SeedStriker

Post by SeedStriker »

Team: Brabham
Engine choice 1: BMW 12 (Works)
Engine choice 2: Ford Cosworth GBA (Works)
Engine choice 3: Alfa Romeo 890 (Works)
Designer choice 1: Gordon Murray
Designer choice 2: Ross Brawn
Designer choice 3: Gustav Brunner
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Team: McLaren
Engine choice 1: TAG/Porsche TTE PO1 1.5 V6t (Works)
Engine choice 2: Honda RA166E 1.5 V6t (customer)
Designer choice 1: John Barnard
Bleu

Post by Bleu »

Team: Tyrrell
Chassis: B
Engine choice 1: Ford Cosworth (works)
Engine choice 2: Ford Cosworth (semi-works)
Engine choice 3: Hart (works)
Designer choice 1: Neil Oatley
Designer choice 3: Gustav Brunner
Designer choice 4: Maurice Philippe
Gertrand Bachot

Team: Haas
Chassis: C
Engine choice 1: Ford Cosworth GBA 1.5 V6t (customer)
Engine choice 2: Hart 415T 1.5 L4t (customer)
Engine choice 3: Motori Moderni Tipo 615-90 1.5 V6t (semi-works)
Designer: Eric Broadley

Team: Minardi
Chassis: F
Engine choice 1: Honda RA166E 1.5 V6t (customer)
Engine choice 2: Motori Moderni Tipo 615-90 1.5 V6t (semi-works)
Engine choice 3: Alfa Romeo 890T 1.5 V8t (customer)
Designer: Giacomo Caliri

Team: Ligier
Engine choice 1: Renault EF4B 1.5 V6t (customer)
Engine choice 2: BMW M12/13 1.5 L4t (customer)
Engine choice 3: Hart 415T 1.5 L4t (customer)
Designer: Michel Tétu

Team: Ferrari
Engine choice 1: Ferrari 032 1.5 V6t (works)
Designer 1: Harvey Postlethwaite
Designer 2: Jean-Claude Migeot
Iso Masa

Post by Iso Masa »

Team: Zakspeed
Chassis: E :facepalm:
Engine choice 1: Zakspeed 1500/4 1.5 L4t
Designer:
Bid 1: Gustav Brunner (2 years)