Women's GT Masters - Important News!

The place for non-canon series, including all series that contain minimal or no references at all to the RWRS universe
Turbogirl

Women's GT Masters - Important News!

Post by Turbogirl »

Chapter 1: Signing up

Welcome aboard the new and vastly improved Women’s GT Masters, which will replace both the Women’s GT World Championship and the Women’s GT Junior Cup!

For those of you who haven’t already read my pitch in the PMMF Planning Thread a few days ago, here are the details:

10 players can participate; each player is the Principal of his/her team; all available GT3 cars (from 2007 to today); teams can reach factory status; each team runs 2 cars and 4 drivers; test drivers are optional; 12 races all around the globe; tyre suppliers; Race Engineers; Team Managers; a team budget to manage; a season goal to fulfil; contract negotiations with staff and drivers; and (of course) female racing drivers only.

Aside from that, this game has a strong emphasis on classic RPGs, including choosing character classes and skills. It also features Tactical Partnerships between teams, brands, and even suppliers. All this makes the game more complex, but not necessarily more complicated.

We’ll go through the entire preparation process step by step, without me having to post the full rulebook right here and now. It’s easier that way, trust me! Just like a tutorial in your favourite videogame (but without the degrading fetch-quests). ;)

If you’re interested in my new project, you can sign up until Friday the 1st of June. All you have to do is state that you’re willing to participate, nothing more. No need to choose a team or a fictional alias yet. We’ll figure out all these necessary details together.

Only 10 players are allowed to participate in this series. Usually, it’s first-come-first-served, but I’d like to try a different (and more reasonable) approach: Everyone who signs up receives a number. And after the deadline is due, I’ll let an RNG (Random Number Generator) choose 10 numbers. These players get to participate, everyone else goes on the waiting list.

(Should only 10 people sign up at all, everyone gets to participate, of course!)

If you have any more questions, feel free to ask! I don’t bite, promised... :)

P.S.: This series (like any of my previous ones) is nothing more than a simple but pure fictional fantasy fulfilment on some forum on the internet. It is NOT (and never will be) meant as a political statement to support gender segregation in motorsports in any way, shape or form.

The Fictional Universe Index

Since every series I’m currently running is connected to each other through the fictional timeline I’ve created, I believe it’s best to post an index linking to all the different series in the opening post of each thread, which should make research on certain events, drivers, teams, and the overall timeline much easier.

Just to clarify: This fictional universe is a non-canon one! Therefore it contains no references to canon events in the Andrea Sassetti forum or any other non-canon events in the 18-metre debut forum, unless said event is explicitely mentioned in one of my series. This also means that driver performances from anything else than the series connected to my fictional universe or real-life events listed on either driverdb.com or ewrc-results.com do not count towards my stat calculations.

The following index will be updated by me anytime a new entry is made to the fictional timeline.

Season 1
Women’s Touring Car Championship (WTCC)
Women’s GT Junior Cup

Season 2
Women’s GT Junior Cup

Season 3
Women’s GT Junior Cup
Women’s GT Masters (you are here)

Season 4
Coming soon...
Last edited by Turbogirl on 18 Oct 2018, 12:09, edited 23 times in total.
Gertrand Bachot

Re: Women's GT Masters - Season 01

Post by Gertrand Bachot »

Can I (attempt) to enter a fictional team or is it real life teams only?
Turbogirl

Post by Turbogirl »

Gertrand Bachot wrote:Can I (attempt) to enter a fictional team or is it real life teams only?

Both fictional and real-life teams are allowed. But for now, you only need to state that you want to participate. Teams will be put together a bit later. :)
Gertrand Bachot

Turbogirl wrote:
Gertrand Bachot wrote:Can I (attempt) to enter a fictional team or is it real life teams only?

Both fictional and real-life teams are allowed. But for now, you only need to state that you want to participate. Teams will be put together a bit later. :)

Ah ok, in that case I shall state that I want to participate.

Prepare for the Moneytron Team Bachot master race
Last edited by Gertrand Bachot on 25 May 2018, 18:25, edited 2 times in total.
novitopoli
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by novitopoli »

I'd be glad to sign up!
sw3ishida wrote:Jolyon Palmer brought us closer as a couple, for which I am grateful.

Ataxia wrote:
Londoner wrote:Something I've thought about - what happens to our canon should we have a worldwide recession or some other outside event?

We'll be fine. It's Canon, non Kodak.
Turbogirl

Post by Turbogirl »

Gertrand Bachot wrote:Ah ok, in that case I shall state that I want to participate.

novitopoli wrote:I'd be glad to sign up!

Awesome! Thanks both of you! :D

You get the numbers 1 and 2 respectively. I'll collect all entries in the opening post!
Dexter249

Post by Dexter249 »

I'd be down to attempt a team.
FIAT Group, finding loopholes in the FIA rulebook since it's inception.
This Could Be You

Post by This Could Be You »

I'd be interested in running an entry.
Your Signature Here

Named after HRT, now on HRT
Turbogirl

Post by Turbogirl »

Dexter249 wrote:I'd be down to attempt a team.

This Could Be You wrote:I'd be interested in running an entry.

Welcome aboard, guys! Your entries have been registered in the opening post! :)
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Hello. Ready to submit my application to join this series. I like this approach. Less time pressure to commit. (I think I remember begging my way in last time, because I was interested by the series, but has been beaten to gaining an entry.)
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
Dom_Wings

Post by Dom_Wings »

I'm up for it.
Join the GPR Discord server! https://discord.com/invite/6YDQ3aV
AustralianStig

Post by AustralianStig »

I'll take ticket number 7, thanks.
Join the GP Rejects league at Fantasy F1: https://fantasy.formula1.com/join/?=2a1f25

CoopsII wrote:
Biscione wrote:To the surprise of no-one, Daniil Kvyat wins ROTR for Sochi, by a record margin that may not be surpassed for some time.

I always knew Marko read this forum.
Turbogirl

Post by Turbogirl »

dr-baker wrote:Hello. Ready to submit my application to join this series. I like this approach. Less time pressure to commit. (I think I remember begging my way in last time, because I was interested by the series, but has been beaten to gaining an entry.)

Reject_Dom wrote:I'm up for it.

AustralianStig wrote:I'll take ticket number 7, thanks.

Hello and welcome, you three! Your entries have been registered. :)
V8fan12

Post by V8fan12 »

I'll join the fun!
Owner of the Peak Motorsport Group.

Biscione wrote:I mean, Renaldo Jimenez, could you ask for a more world class pay driver? Who even is Alexey Buyvolov, amirite?
Bleu

Post by Bleu »

I'll join.
Turbogirl

Post by Turbogirl »

V8fan12 wrote:I'll join the fun!

Bleu wrote:I'll join.

Welcome! :D

Your entry numbers are 8 and 9 respectively.
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

Count me in for entry number 10 :D
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
Turbogirl

Post by Turbogirl »

Wizzie wrote:Count me in for entry number 10 :D

Then I will do exactly that. :)

I'm noticing so many familiar faces making a return - dr-baker, AustralianStig, V8fan12, Wizzie... It almost feels like 2014 again (the amazing first half of that year)!
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

Turbogirl wrote:
Wizzie wrote:Count me in for entry number 10 :D

Then I will do exactly that. :)

I'm noticing so many familiar faces making a return - dr-baker, AustralianStig, V8fan12, Wizzie... It almost feels like 2014 again (the amazing first half of that year)!

I'm indeed still here fighting the good fight. Except now as an elder statesman who gets to play with racecars for a living :lol:
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
CaptainGetz12
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by CaptainGetz12 »

I'm interested in participating in this series. Good to see you back on the forums!
Klon wrote:What did poor André do to you for him to be insulted like that?
Turbogirl

Post by Turbogirl »

CaptainGetz12 wrote:I'm interested in participating in this series. Good to see you back on the forums!

Thank you! :) Your entry has been registered.

Wizzie wrote:I'm indeed still here fighting the good fight. Except now as an elder statesman who gets to play with racecars for a living :lol:

"Play" as in driving, or as in engineering? When I was younger, I dreamed about becoming a racing driver myself. Fortunately for me (and also for the wallet of my parents ;) ), I wasn't cut out for it.

Also, what does "elder" statesman mean? Your profile indicates that you're younger than me! :lol:
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

Turbogirl wrote:
Wizzie wrote:I'm indeed still here fighting the good fight. Except now as an elder statesman who gets to play with racecars for a living :lol:

"Play" as in driving, or as in engineering? When I was younger, I dreamed about becoming a racing driver myself. Fortunately for me (and also for the wallet of my parents ;) ), I wasn't cut out for it.

Also, what does "elder" statesman mean? Your profile indicates that you're younger than me! :lol:

Oh man, where do I start :oops: . I can definitely assure you there's no driving involved, since I can't afford to be tearing up racecars

I spent several years at a Formula SAE team working on their cars, along with a lot of admin work behind the scenes (and a couple of shiny FSAE Australasia trophies along the way), before moving on to being an event coordinator/manager at a race track for a couple of years, which all the regulars here would know as the embodiment of #eatnosleepracerepeat. Now I'm a contracted media/marketing/sales guy for a few local race teams during the week, and an event steward for IHRA on weekends. And all this while studying a bachelor of Sports Management on the side

TL;DR I'm just some punk kid who's lucky and/or dumb enough to work in this insane sport

And by elder statesman, I mean it in the fact that I've been in this madhouse way too long :lol:
Turbogirl

Post by Turbogirl »

Wizzie wrote:Oh man, where do I start :oops: . I can definitely assure you there's no driving involved, since I can't afford to be tearing up racecars

I spent several years at a Formula SAE team working on their cars, along with a lot of admin work behind the scenes (and a couple of shiny FSAE Australasia trophies along the way), before moving on to being an event coordinator/manager at a race track for a couple of years, which all the regulars here would know as the embodiment of #eatnosleepracerepeat. Now I'm a contracted media/marketing/sales guy for a few local race teams during the week, and an event steward for IHRA on weekends. And all this while studying a bachelor of Sports Management on the side

TL;DR I'm just some punk kid who's lucky and/or dumb enough to work in this insane sport

And by elder statesman, I mean it in the fact that I've been in this madhouse way too long :lol:

Sports management sounds interesting (of course it does - why else would I create a fictional management series, if it didn't?). You could go into team management, driver management, or even into managing a football (soccer) team, should you ever be fed up with motorsports. Good luck with your studies!

And about the elder statesman: I was amused to see you use this term, because the last time I've heard it was when Jeremy Clarkson (sarcastically) used it to refer to Nigel Mansell. :)
Turbogirl

Re: Women's GT Masters - Season 01 - News!

Post by Turbogirl »

Important Announcement

Judging from the fact that no new entries are coming in anymore, I think I can safely assume that all the people interested in my series have signed up by now. Therefore, I've decided to cut the deadline for entries short by 2 days, which makes the 1st of June (friday) our new deadline. That should give those unsure whether to join or not a final chance to make a decision.

We currently have 11 registered entries, which would make the aforementioned RNG process superfluous. For me, it makes absolutely no difference whether I host a game for 10 or 11 people. Plus, giving one lonely guy the boot would be rather cruel, don't you think? So, if things stay as they are right now, this season will start with 11 player teams, instead of 10. :D
RedEyes504

Post by RedEyes504 »

I'll sign up, sounds like fun
Alexander Wurz is timeless and endless and eternal.
AustralianStig

Post by AustralianStig »

Turbogirl wrote:We currently have 11 registered entries, which would make the aforementioned RNG process superfluous. For me, it makes absolutely no difference whether I host a game for 10 or 11 people. Plus, giving one lonely guy the boot would be rather cruel, don't you think? So, if things stay as they are right now, this season will start with 11 player teams, instead of 10. :D

Alternatively, you could give the unlucky people NPC roles such as pitlane reporters or even stewards panels? Would add a level of immersion to the game...

Of course I'd prefer to run a team, but if someone has to miss out I'm sure I could make an NPC role work!
Join the GP Rejects league at Fantasy F1: https://fantasy.formula1.com/join/?=2a1f25

CoopsII wrote:
Biscione wrote:To the surprise of no-one, Daniil Kvyat wins ROTR for Sochi, by a record margin that may not be surpassed for some time.

Turbogirl

Post by Turbogirl »

RedEyes504 wrote:I'll sign up, sounds like fun
Welcome aboard! Your entry has been registered! :)

AustralianStig wrote:Alternatively, you could give the unlucky people NPC roles such as pitlane reporters or even stewards panels? Would add a level of immersion to the game...
That could indeed be a solution... I'll definitely keep it in mind! Though it already kinda pains me just thinking about telling two eager players they can't participate - RNG or no RNG... I suck at saying "no" to people. :oops:
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Turbogirl wrote:

AustralianStig wrote:Alternatively, you could give the unlucky people NPC roles such as pitlane reporters or even stewards panels? Would add a level of immersion to the game...
That could indeed be a solution... I'll definitely keep it in mind! Though it already kinda pains me just thinking about telling two eager players they can't participate - RNG or no RNG... I suck at saying "no" to people. :oops:

Maybe create these extra roles and ask for volunteers from those who have already signed up?
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
Turbogirl

Post by Turbogirl »

dr-baker wrote:Maybe create these extra roles and ask for volunteers from those who have already signed up?

The main problem with all this is that the entire game has been designed to function a certain way - like any good RPG should be. This includes, as you'll soon notice, a vast variety of NPCs, which are all supposed to be portrayed by the gamemaster - right down to the pitlane reporters, and there's a good reason for that. I can't just create new NPCs on a whim, which then have no actual role in the game and would feel superfluous the moment they appeared.

And those NPCs with important roles can't be outsourced to players, because they can only work the way they're supposed to when the gamemaster impersonates them. It's not safe (or wise) to share so much inside information about rules and plotpoints with players. Plus, I'd be giving up too much leverage when it comes to controlling the game from the inside out. That's just going to backfire terribly. Trust me, I've been there twice before.

Since AustralianStig brought it up, I thought about this long and hard, going through all of my options. But as with all RPGs, this kind of game only works well with the players in the players' roles. I see no way to change the masterplan now. So, I'm going to stick to my original script: 10 players can participate, everyone else has to join the waiting list – no matter how much it might pain me. Sorry, but that's just how things are sometimes... :(
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

That's fine with me. Que sera sera.
MCard LOLA
Turbogirl

Re: Women's GT Masters - Season 01 - Entries closed!

Post by Turbogirl »

Chapter 2: Current Entry List

Team No. 1: JAS Motorsport
Player: Gertrand Bachot
Team Principal: Silvio Bachot
Male / French / Age: 66 / Former Racing Driver
Skill(s): Personal Reputation (D20): Nationwide Champion (+2) / Bad Habit(s): Temper Tantrum (D6)
Home Base: Imola, Italy
Branch(es): None
Current Team Reputation: 8 (6 + 2)
Current Team Budget: 3.050.000 Credits
Team Manager: None
Press Officer(s): TBA
Drivers: TBA
Race Engineers: Ruth Buscombe (100.000 Credits / 1 year) / Gemma Hatton (100.000 Credits / 1 year)
Tyre Supplier: TBA
Fuel Supplier: TBA
Manufacturer / Car: Nissan Nismo GT-R GT3 (2x 375.000 Credits)
Team Status: Customer
Partnerships: TBA
Season Goal: TBA

Team No. 2: Genesis Engineering
Player: Dexter249
Team Principal: Dexter Black
Male / Canadian / Age: 45 / Former Racing Driver
Skill(s): Tyre Whisperer (D8) / Bad Habit(s): Restless Perfectionist (D6)
Home Base: Bowmanville, Ontario, Canada
Current Team Reputation: 6
Current Team Budget: 2.080.000 Credits
Race Engineers: Gill Hall (100.000 Credits / 1 year) / Sarah Shaw (100.000 Credits / 1 year)
Manufacturer / Car: Ford Matech Concepts GT3 (2x 360.000 Credits)

Team No. 3: Scuderia Mediterranea
Player: novitopoli
Team Principal: Erica B. Mancino
Female / Italian / Age: 49 / Former Chief Engineer
Skill(s): Setup Specialist (D20) / Bad Habit(s): Restless Perfectionist (D6)
Home Base: Rimini, Italy
Current Team Reputation: 6
Current Team Budget: 2.140.000 Credits
Race Engineers: Carmen Doran (60.000 Credits / 1 year) / Anna Stäbe (60.000 Credits / 1 year)
Manufacturer / Car: Lamborghini Gallardo GT3-R (2x 430.000 Credits)

Team No. 4: DRS Morgan Motorsport
Player: dr-baker
Team Principal: Samantha „Sam“ Clark
Female / British / Age: 35 / Former Team Manager
Skill(s): Contract Negotiations (D20) / Bad Habit(s): None
Home Base: Corby, Northamptonshire, England
Current Team Reputation: 11 (6 + 5)
Current Team Budget: 4.850.000 Credits
Team Manager: Carmen Ziegler (Salary: 500.000 Credits / 1 year)
Race Engineers: Alba Colon (100.000 Credits / 1 year) / Elisabeth Thompson (50.000 Credits / 1 year)
Manufacturer / Car: Morgan Aero 8 Supersports GT3
Team Status: Factory-backed
Season Goal: 4th place in the Constructors’ Championship

Team No. 5: Monster Schmidt Racing Team
Player: AustralianStig
Team Principal: Steffi Schmidt
Female / German / Age: 36 / Former Team Manager
Skill(s): Contract Negotiations (D20) / Bad Habit(s): Restless Perfectionist (D6)
Home Base: Magny-Cours, France
Current Team Reputation: 9 (6 + 3)
Current Team Budget: 2.925.000 Credits
Team Manager: Monisha Kaltenborn (350.000 Credits / 1 year)
Race Engineers: Bonnie Beard (50.000 Credits / 1 year) / Tiffany Daniels (50.000 Credits / 1 year)
Manufacturer / Car: Nissan Nismo GT-R GT3 (3x 375.000 Credits)

Team No. 6: Red Bull Lotus Racing
Player: V8fan12
Team Principal: Kuba Niemczyk
Male / Polish / Age: 48 / Former Team Manager
Skill(s): Contract Negotiations (D20) / Bad Habit(s): Restless Perfectionist (D6)
Home Base: Red Bull Ring, Spielberg, Austria
Current Team Reputation: 9 (6 + 3)
Current Team Budget: 3.920.000 Credits
Team Manager: Michaela Oujeszká (Salary: 420.000 Credits / 1 year)
Race Engineers: Romy Mayer (80.000 Credits / 1 year) / Delphine Biscaye (80.000 Credits / 1 year)
Manufacturer / Car: Lotus Sports Exige GT3
Season Goal: 4th place in the Constructors’ Championship

Team No. 7: Motorsport Bleu
Player: Bleu
Team Principal: Thérese Roufosse
Female / Swiss / Age: 32 / Former Chief Engineer
Skill(s): Setup Specialist (D20) / Bad Habit(s): Faulty Perception (D6)
Home Base: Brignoles, France
Current Team Reputation: 7 (6 + 1)
Current Team Budget: 2.150.000 Credits
Team Manager: Grazia Troncon (340.000 Credits / 1 year)
Race Engineers: Bernadette Collins (90.000 Credits / 1 year) / Judith Henzel (80.000 Credits / 1 year)
Manufacturer / Car: McLaren MP4/12C GT3 (2x 420.000 Credits)

Team No. 8: KV Racing Technology
Player: CaptainGetz12
Team Principal: Danny Bly
Male / American / Age: 49 / Former Team Manager
Skill(s): Team Reputation (D6): +3 / Bad Habit(s): Faulty Perception (D6)
Home Base: Indianapolis, USA
Current Team Reputation: 13 (6 + 3 + 4)
Current Team Budget: 6.050.000 Credits
Team Manager: Ines Koschutnig (450.000 Credits / 1 year)
Race Engineers: Cara Adams (100.000 Credits / 1 year) / Louise Clearwater (100.000 Credits / 1 year)
Manufacturer / Car: Chevrolet Camaro GT3
Season Goal: 2nd place in the Constructors’ Championship

Team No. 9: BKR Motorsport
Player: RedEyes504
Team Principal: Stefan Bakkerud
Male / Norwegian / Age: 36 / Former Racing Driver
Skill(s): Personal Reputation (D20): Lower Division Champion (+1) / Bad Habit(s): Gambling Addiction (D6)
Home Base: Sandnes, Norway
Current Team Reputation: 10 (6 + 1 + 3)
Current Team Budget: 4.400.000 Credits
Team Manager: Caroline Grifnée (450.000 Credits / 1 year)
Race Engineers: Caroline Carlsson (75.000 Credits / 1 year) / Danielle Shepard (75.000 Credits / 1 year)
Manufacturer / Car: Ascari KZ1-R GT3
Season Goal: 5th place in the Constructors’ Championship

Team No. 10: Prosperia Abt Motorsport
Non-Player Team 1
Team Principal: Christian Abt
Home Base: Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Current Team Reputation: 8
Current Team Budget: 2.620.000 Credits
Team Manager: Lucie Horová (Salary: 580.000 Credits / 2 years)
Press Officer: TBA
Race Engineers: Nina Oswald (60.000 Credits / 1 year) / Kate Gundlach (60.000 Credits / 1 year)
Manufacturer / Car: Audi R8 LMS Ultra (2x 340.000 Credits)
Season Goal: 6th place in the Constructors’ Championship

Team No. 11: Alpina Team Meeuvissen
Non-Player Team 2
Team Principal: Andreas Bovensiepen
Home Base: Buchloe, Germany
Current Team Reputation: 14
Current Team Budget: 6.415.000 Credits
Team Manager: Sarah Ahmed (Salary: 465.000 Credits / 1 year)
Press Officer: TBA
Race Engineers: Frances Buckley (60.000 Credits / 1 year) / Andrea Mueller (60.000 Credits / 1 year)
Manufacturer / Car: BMW Alpina B6 GT3
Season Goal: 2nd place in the Constructors’ Championship

Team No. 12: Polarweiss Team Rosqvist
Non-Player Team 3
Team Principal: Leni Rosqvist
Home Base: Ludwigsburg, Germany
Current Team Reputation: 8
Current Team Budget: 2.580.000 Credits
Team Manager: Iris Dorr (Salary: 500.000 Credits / 2 years)
Race Engineers: Rosella Manfrinato (60.000 Credits / 1 year) / Elise Acker (60.000 Credits / 1 year)
Manufacturer / Car: Mercedes-Benz AMG SLS GT3 (2x 400.000 Credits)
Partnerships: HWA AG, Affalterbach, Germany
Season Goal: 6th place in the Constructors’ Championship

Current Waiting List:
Wizzie
Reject_Dom
This Could Be You

As you can see from the team profiles, there’s a lot to do in next few weeks before the season officially begins. Next up (Sunday) is going to be an information chapter about roleplaying in general (for those who don’t know much about RPGs) and the dices we’ll be using in this game in particular. The latter is important for the character creation, so please read it carefully!

And next week, probably Tuesday, we’ll begin with the character creation... :)
Last edited by Turbogirl on 20 Sep 2018, 09:22, edited 23 times in total.
Turbogirl

Re: Women's GT Masters - Season 01 - RPG and Dices

Post by Turbogirl »

Chapter 3: What exactly is a roleplaying game?
(And how does it affect the gameplay?)

This chapter is information only. If you guys already know what roleplaying is, then feel free to skip to the part about how we’re going to use dices.

Well, first and foremost, a roleplaying game (RPG) is a storytelling game, which should be played by a group of at least 3 to 4 players at minimum. One of these players takes on the role of the storyteller – commonly known as gamemaster (GM) or dungeon master (DM) in the realm of Dungeons & Dragons. All other players take on the role of certain player characters (PCs).

Player characters are usually defined through character classes, which the players can pick freely. The most common in fantasy RPGs are the warrior, the wizard, the elf, or the thief. Of course, in a more realistic setting like this management series, you can’t pick a spellcaster class, but we’ll get into that in the upcoming chapter.

While all the players act as their respective characters (PCs), the gamemaster not only tells the story, but he/she also acts as several non-player characters (NPCs) throughout the story. Those can be helpful bar maidens, the city guard, and also the evil sorcerer who antagonizes the players in the story (or in several stories, if it’s a campaign).

So, in other words: While the management aspect and going racing against each other is still a vital part of this game, I’d like to shift the focus more towards the story itself. Therefore, more time and detail will be given to negotiations, tests, building your motorsports empire, etc. I don’t know if we’ll make it there, but that’s where I want to go...

For those of you who’ve skipped the first part, here begins the important part about dices:

As with any other classic RPG, our game will utilize a wide variety of dices to determine a certain outcome in a certain situation (commonly known as „skill test“). Since I own every dice in existence, there is no need for any of you to purchase some as well. All of the dices mentioned below will come into play as soon as we start with the character creation.

Should anyone be unwilling to trust my dice rolls – for whatever reason –, I can always provide you with a RNG result and a screenshot thereof, but if you already mistrust the GM when it comes to dice rolls, this game might not be for you...

We’ll be using 5 types of dice in this game. They are, from best to worst:

The D20, which is a 20-sided dice, is the expert-level dice. It gives you a number from 1 to 20. It is also the standard dice for any roleplaying game based on the D20 rule system.

The D12 has twelve sides and counts as the professional-level dice. It gives you a number from 1 to 12.

The D10 has ten sides, and even though it gives you a number from 0 to 9, the zero usually counts as 10. This dice is the experienced-level dice.

The D8 has eight sides and counts as the amateur-level dice. It gives you a number from 1 to 8.

The D6 is the standard dice everyone should know since their childhood. It gives you a number from 1 to 6. In this game it counts as the novice-level dice.

All character classes in this game come with a number of individual skills, which have a starter level dice value attached to them. When a situation occurs, in which your character could put a certain skill to good use, the gamemaster (as in me) will set a difficulty to the situation (skill test) you need to pass, which usually is a number from 2 (very easy) to 20 (unbelievably hard). In order to pass the test aka master the situation, you need to roll equal to or higher than the difficulty.

We’ll start with the character creation on Tuesday. Until then, you can ask me any question(s) regarding the information above. :)
Turbogirl

Re: Women's GT Masters - Season 01 - Character Creation

Post by Turbogirl »

Chapter 4: Character Creation

This chapter is all about the player character. The choices you make here determine who your character is, what he/she is capable of, and how likely his/her chances will be to make it to the top. Because this is a rather complex and important task, you get a whole week to think about your options. In other words: You have time until Tuesday, the 12th of June to finish your character creation (and post it).

Step 1: Name, gender, age, and nationality
Let’s begin with the easiest points, shall we? Give your character a fictional name, age, and nationality. While name and age might have no impact on the gameworld, your character’s nationality might – all depending on the people he/she is doing business with later on. But don’t feel restricted by this. Just because you want your character to be, for example, Australian, doesn’t automatically mean that your team has to be located in Australia as well, nor does it mean that your team has to be australian itself. Even your character’s heritage doesn’t have to be strictly from one country – his/her parents could be Japanese, but your character was born in Australia and therefore counts as an Australian. Do what you like, be creative!

Though one word on gender: In theory, you can pick any gender you like. Neither has any advantages or disadvantages compared to the other. But please do us all a favour and pick the gender that suits you the most. I’ve witnessed enough guys „playing“ supposedly female characters to know that this hardly ever works out...

Step 2: Your character’s former profession
And here comes the difficult part of the character creation process – choosing a character class. These former professions determine what your character did for a living before he/she became Team Principal. For now, we’ll stick to former professions within the world of motorsports only. Each profession comes with an individual set of skills, giving you certain advantages that other professions don’t have.

Each player can only choose 1 character class/former profession once – and that is by the time he or she joins the game! During your involvement in this series, you can not change your character class, so choose wisely!

At the beginning of your journey, you may also only pick 1 skill. Said skill(s) can either be upgraded at the end of each season, if you’ve managed to fulfil your season goal, or you can pick an additional skill on its lowest level instead. (Any player can have all 4 skills maxed out at one point in the game. By that point, you’ll most likely be unbeatable.)

Class 1 – The Former Racing Driver
Your character was a racing driver before becoming Team Principal. While it doesn’t really matter in which series he/she has been active, one of the skills below is influenced by your level of success. As a former racing driver, you know how the mind of a driver works, which gives you an advantage when dealing with your drivers in particular. But, of course, you also know (depending on your specific choices) how to set up a car and how to deal with tyres.

Skill 1: Personal Reputation (D20)
If you choose this skill, you get to roll a D20. The result not only tells you how successful your character’s driving career was, but it also determines how many additional Reputation Points your team gains. (Reputation Points will be explained later, but in short: the more you have, the easier it is for you to negotiate with partners, suppliers, staff and drivers.)

This list shows you the exact effects your dice roll has on your team’s reputation and your character’s personal level of former success (possible examples in brackets):

Code: Select all

DICE ROLL       LEVEL OF SUCCESS                        ADDITIONAL TEAM REP

1 – 5           Former Karting Champion                 0 (zero)

6 – 10          Lower Division Champion (F3, GT4)       1

11 – 15         Nationwide Championship (DTM, NASCAR)   2

16 – 20         European/US/Asian/World Champion        3

Skill 2: Driver Motivation (D12)
As a former racing driver, your character knows how a driver’s psyche works. Therefore, should the situation ever occur (trust me, it will!) that one of your drivers loses motivation rapidly, you can try to counteract that via a test on this particular skill. Is your dice roll higher than that of your soon-demotivated driver, your character is able to give her new confidence for a certain amount of time. (Trust me: You don’t want to have a demotivated driver in your team in this game!)

Skill 3: Setup Specialist (D10)
Before any race, basically, your character can use his/her setup knowledge to try to make final changes to the setup your race engineers have cooked up. This skill comes with 2 dice rolls. The first is the one that determines if the setup can be improved at all (which depends on the capability of your race engineers). The second dice roll determines the level of improvement (1 – 5 = 1 point / 6 – 10 = 2 points). It may not sound like much, but it can give your drivers a small but notable advantage during the race. Also, any additional point reduces the chance of your drivers crashing due to a barely handling car.

Skill 4: Tyre Whisperer (D8)
Since teams aren’t allowed to change tyres during a race (except for weather changes and dangerous tyre damage), finding an ideal car setup to save tyres is essential in this game. As a former racing driver, your character has gained enough knowledge to do so. Before each race, you can roll a dice to determine if the setup your race engineers came up with is good enough to save the tyres until the end of the race (which, again, depends on the capability of your race engineers). If the result indicates that it isn’t, you can roll again to try to improve the setup (1 – 4 = minus 1 tyre degradation / 5 – 8 = minus 2 tyre degradation).

Class 2 – The Former Team Manager
Your character was a Team Manager before becoming Team Principal. As a former Team Manager, your character is skilled in dealing with sponsors (both potential and existing), manufacturers and suppliers, and contract negotiations in general. The only downside is that he/she has no real personal connection to drivers or staff members, aside from managing their contracts, though they will all acknowledge your character’s capability of building a solid financial basis for his/her team, which gives them at least a small sense of security.

Skill 1: Team Reputation (D6)
Like any other capable Team Manager, your character’s connections to sponsors automatically guarantee a bigger and more solid budget than other Team Principals may have. At the beginning of each season, you get to roll a D6. Your team’s reputation increases by 1 to 6 points over the course of the entire season. (Again, more on Reputation Points later, but in short: 1 Reputation Point = 500.000 Credits in team budget).

Skill 2: Contract Negotiations (D20)
In any race for contract negotiations (partners, suppliers, drivers, staff), you can beat your opponents by throwing in your character’s remarkable negotiation skills as a deciding factor, instead of more money. That means that each player interested in a certain contract rolls a dice. You, as the proud owner of this skill, get to roll a D20, while all the others roll a D8, unless they also have this particular skill (or a different version of it). If that happens, you can always try to shut down your opponent by rolling the D20 a second time (your opponent, again, counters with a D8). Whoever has the higher number, wins the argument and also (probably) the contract.

Skill 3: Exclusive Drivers (D12)
Should you decide to run a customer team for a certain manufacturer alongside other players, you can still try to gain an advantage by using this particular skill. Because almost all manufacturers in this game offer factory drivers to their customers, you can roll a dice to negotiate the exclusive use of said factory drivers. These drivers usually come for free or at least for a lower salary, and they know the manufacturer’s GT3 cars like the back of their hand, guaranteeing better results in general. If two (or more) players use this skill to outwit each other, the one with the highest number wins.

Skill 4: Instant Factory Status (D12)
In this game, you need a certain amount of Reputation Points to be even considered a worthy partner for a manufacturer. But since your character is basically Eddie Jordan, he/she can always roll the dice to gain full-blown factory status, despite the obvious lack of Reputation Points. This skill also works when you’re battling a rival, who has enough Reputation Points to gain factory status the usual way. Said rival may then counter by also rolling a dice, but unless he/she has this particular skill as well, the dice in question is a lowly D8. The only time this skill might not work as smoothly as expected, is when you try to gain factory status from a manufacturer that doesn’t offer factory support at the moment. The test will then be much more difficult, but you could still be able to pull off a miracle.

Class 3 – The Former Chief Engineer
As a former engineer, your character has gained knowledge on the technical side of things. Of course, since most (if not all) engineers in motorsports have also worked as a racing engineer for a number of drivers at one point in their career, he/she has also gained some knowledge about the psyche of drivers – though not as much as the former racing driver did. Skills 1 to 3 basically allow your character to also act as the team’s Technical Director – a double duty you’ll find in many GT3-teams.

Skill 1: Setup Specialist (D20)
Before any race, basically, your character can use his/her setup knowledge to try to make final changes to the setup your race engineers have cooked up. This skill comes with 2 dice rolls. The first is the one that determines if the setup can be improved at all (which depends on the capability of your race engineers). The second dice roll determines the level of improvement (1 – 5 = 1 point / 6 – 10 = 2 points / 11 – 15 = 3 points / 16 – 20 = 4 points). Any additional point also reduces the chance of your drivers crashing due to a barely handling car.

Skill 2: Tyre Whisperer (D12)
Since teams aren’t allowed to change tyres during a race (except for weather changes and dangerous tyre damage), finding an ideal car setup to save tyres is essential in this game. As a former racing driver, your character has gained enough knowledge to do so. Before each race, you can roll a dice to determine if the setup your race engineers came up with is good enough to save the tyres until the end of the race (which, again, depends on the capability of your race engineers). If the result indicates that it isn’t, you can roll again to try to improve the setup (1 – 4 = minus 1 tyre degradation / 5 – 8 = minus 2 tyre degradation / 9 – 12 = minus 3 tyre degradation).

Skill 3: Contract Negotiations (Drivers) (D12)
The working relationship between a driver and his/her race engineer is sometimes so strong and healthy that one follows the other when they change teams. Your character also has formed some of these working relationships and can put this to good use during contract negotiations with drivers. (This specific version of the skill only works with drivers!) As before, each player interested in a certain driver rolls a dice. You, as the proud owner of this skill, get to roll a D12, while all the others roll a D8, unless they also have this particular skill (or a different version of it).

Skill 4: Driver Motivation (D8)
As I’ve already said: Your character is not as skilled in this field as the former racing driver is, but it’s still better than nothing! Therefore, should the situation ever occur (trust me, it will!) that one of your drivers loses motivation rapidly, you can try to counteract that via a test on this particular skill. Is your dice roll higher than that of your soon-demotivated driver, you’re able to give her new confidence. (Trust me: You don’t want to have a demotivated driver in your team in this game!)

Step 3: Bad Habits
Until now, you’ve only gained advantages for your character. Let’s undermine that by giving your character a downside, shall we? In all my years as a GM, the games that were the most memorable to me (and my group(s)) were the ones forcing bad habits onto the players. These can be so bad, that they not only affect your character, but also the people around him/her.

The World of Motorsports (F1 in particular) has given us a lot of different characters over time – and a lot of bad habits as well. Each player must either choose 1 bad habit for their character, or they can try their luck and roll a D8. There are 6 bad habits available, so if you manage to roll a 7 or an 8, you get to be the lucky bastard to walk out of this scott-free. If you roll anything other than that, you must take the bad habit the D8 chose for you. If you’re really unlucky, the bad habit in question can totally negate the skill(s) you just picked, and you’ll have to live with that.

Bad Habit 1: Temper Tantrum (D6)
Patrick Head had them, Günther Schmidt had them – your character can have them, too! Whenever the situation occurs that your drivers may not deliver the result you wanted them to deliver, you’re put to the test. (This happens mostly when your drivers finish lower than their qualifying position.) If you fail the test, your character loses his/her temper and lashes out at the driver(s) in question – in public, if you roll a 5. The result will not only be bad press, but the driver(s) your character lashes out at will lose motivation rapidly. And if you’re unlucky enough to roll a 6, your character fires the driver(s) in question right then and there – breach of contract and possible compensation fee(s) included!

Bad Habit 2: Restless Perfectionist (D6)
Ron Dennis did this after losing Honda in the early 90’s – he went through three different engine suppliers before finally hooking up with Mercedes-Benz. So will your character. On the hunt for perfection, after each season, you must roll a D6. If you fail this test, you’re forced to break up an existing contract (1 – 2 = driver / 3 – 4 = tyre supplier / 5 – 6 car manufacturer) and go look somewhere else – no matter how good or successful the partnership was. Oh yes – if you’re forced to do that, you’re also going to have to pay compensation fee(s) for breach of contract, simply because this bad habit NEVER chooses the one-year-contracts that would expire anyway!

Bad Habit 3: Faulty Perception (D6)
Your character is not too good when it comes to judging other people. When you’re on the hunt for new staff members or drivers, this bad habit may strike (roll of the D6) and adds 1 to 6 random new people to your list of staff members/drivers you want to hire, should there be less than 6 names on said list. Then, instead of you getting to choose by your own will, you must roll the D6 again. It randomly picks the new staff member/driver from your list for you. You might not like who you’re getting, but your character believes it to be the perfect choice.

Bad Habit 4: Gambling Addiction (D6)
Oh, sweet, sweet price money... Instead of putting it in his/her wallet to the rest of the season’s budget, your character takes it right to the nearest gambling den or casino (trust me, there’s one in literally every town on earth!). Of course, this wouldn’t be a bad habit, if your character was actually good at gambling. First, you have to roll the D6 to determine, if your character can resist the urge to visit the casino he/she saw on the street corner right next to the race track (1 – 2 = you resist / 3 - 5 = you only take half the price money / 6 = you take all the price money to the casino). Once there, you roll the D6 again to determine your evening in the casino: 1 = you manage to save 10 % of the price money / 2 – 5 = you lose all the price money / 6 = you lose all the price money plus 10 % interest from your season budget).

Bad Habit 5: Money Grubber (D6)
Money can be made in many different ways. One way is certainly the use of pay drivers in your team. While other Team Principals might do so out of desperation, your character does so out of sheer greed. Each time you want to hire drivers, you must roll a D6. If the result is 2 or higher, you have no chance but to go for pay drivers for D4 seats. I should explain this, since it’s the only time the D4 is ever used in this game: After the D6 has forced the use of pay drivers upon you, the roll of the D4 determines how many of the four available seats you have to rent out to pay drivers.

Bad Habit 6: Show-off (D6)
Your character can’t resist the urge to make the pitlane into his/her very own catwalk. No party is safe from him/her, and he/she will always reside in the most expensive hotel you can find around any race track. With at least one supermodel at his/her side at any given time, your character is going to be the centre of all media interest – mostly the yellow press. While this might not sound like such a huge downside to some of you, your reputation will suffer from this sooner than later – and if the reputation itself doesn’t, the team budget definitely will! Your character will get a lot of negative press for his/her behaviour, your team will most likely assume that he/she will put all the price money into his/her new wristwatch instead of the team’s infrastructure (which might actually be true), and business partners will lose faith in your character’s capability to gain the results he/she promised.

Step 4: Posting your fictional character
I know that this concept is a bit more complex and difficult than the one used in other management series, so should you have any question – at all, no matter how stupid you think they are! – feel free to ask me!
As mentioned before, you have the entire week (until Tuesday the 12th of June) to finish your character creation and post it. In order to do that, please use the format below:

Fictional character name:
Nationality:
Former Profession:
Skill(s):
Bad Habit(s):

Don’t forget to add the dice values (in brackets) to your skill(s) and bad habit(s)! Also, if you want to take a risk at the bad habits, please fill in „D8“ instead of a habit name. Thank you! :)
AustralianStig

Post by AustralianStig »

Turbogirl wrote:Though one word on gender: In theory, you can pick any gender you like. Neither has any advantages or disadvantages compared to the other. But please do us all a favour and pick the gender that suits you the most. I’ve witnessed enough guys „playing“ supposedly female characters to know that this hardly ever works out...

I got kinda attached to Steffi Schmidt, who was the team manager I controlled in the Women's GT World Championship... Is it ok if I bring her back? I feel like I built a fairly believable personality around her.

Happy to create an entirely new character if you'd prefer though!

CoopsII wrote:

Turbogirl

Post by Turbogirl »

AustralianStig wrote:
Turbogirl wrote:Though one word on gender: In theory, you can pick any gender you like. Neither has any advantages or disadvantages compared to the other. But please do us all a favour and pick the gender that suits you the most. I’ve witnessed enough guys „playing“ supposedly female characters to know that this hardly ever works out...

I got kinda attached to Steffi Schmidt, who was the team manager I controlled in the Women's GT World Championship... Is it ok if I bring her back? I feel like I built a fairly believable personality around her.

Happy to create an entirely new character if you'd prefer though!

That's totally okay! Steffi Schmidt was a fine character - you may bring her back any time. :)
AustralianStig

Post by AustralianStig »

Steffi Schmidt, who disappeared from the world of motorsports following Audi's overnight withdrawal from the Women's Touring Car Championship several years ago, has burst back onto the scene following several unhappy years working finance. While her alliance with Audi is over, she is believed to feel relatively ambivalent towards the manufacturer, quoted as saying "I will take the best offer on the table. If that is with Audi, so be it. I will weigh up all options,"
Her years of working finance have given her quite the penchant for drawing up contracts and negotiation. However, her perfectionism, renowned even during her Audi days, has skyrocketed after overlooking a key contract clause while working for Deutsche Bank that eventually led to allegations of criminal cartel offences being levelled against the financial institution. Steffi refuses to talk about this, but it is thought she was fired as a result. Whatever the reason Schmidt is determined never to make another mistake in her life, and she relentlessly researches and questions every decision to ensure maximum return. That isn't to say she isn't willing to take a risk, however.

So just to summarise:

Fictional character name: Steffi Schmidt
Nationality: German
Former Profession: Team Manager
Skill(s): Contract Negotiations (D20)
Bad Habit(s): Restless Perfectionist (D6)
Last edited by AustralianStig on 07 Jun 2018, 06:15, edited 1 time in total.

CoopsII wrote:

Dexter249

Post by Dexter249 »

Dexter Black has always been an oddball on the scene of Motorsports, trying to find the most obscure vehicle to run on the scene, the Canadian is known for taking the most obscure vehicle in it's class, just to name a few, he used a Mitsubishi 3000GT in a rally championship, a Lada 2105 VFTS in a regional GT series, and you'd expect the Lancia Stratos HF Group 5 Turbo to be on the list, but it caught fire several years ago in the paddock of a Women's GT World Championship event. He is one excessive perfectionist, when his obscure car doesn't work he always hunts for a new one.
Being a former driver who was known to do well on tires, his main skill is keeping tire degradation to a minimum.

Fictional Character Name : Dexter Black
Nationality : Canadian
Profession : Ex-Racing Driver
Skill : Tyre whisperer
Bad Habits : Restless Perfectionist.
FIAT Group, finding loopholes in the FIA rulebook since it's inception.
Bleu

Post by Bleu »

This woman from Lausanne was known as a very motivational student in her youth. The eldest of five children, she became interested in engineering since her father was owner of the one of the best-known sports car dealerships in the area. Thérese was especially interested in fuel engineering and has worked in several sports car teams which use Total fuels.

Fictional character name: Thérese Roufosse
Nationality: Swiss
Former Profession: Engineer
Skill(s): Setup specialist
Bad Habit(s): Faulty Perception
Gertrand Bachot

Silvio Bachot as a driver could be characterized by being an exceptional qualifier, but would not infrequently throw away good results in races threw stupid, and often spectacular, accidents, as well as being an overtly aggressive defender, being criticized for 'trying to kill his competitors'. Nevertheless, after retiring from racing as a driver over 15 years ago, he has decided to occupy himself in team management, and thus he finds himself here today.

Fictional character name: Silvio Bachot
Nationality: French
Former Profession: Former Racing Driver
Skill(s): Personal Reputation (D20)
Bad Habit(s): Temper Tantrum (D6)
V8fan12

Post by V8fan12 »

Kuba Niemczyk always had an eye for business, having studied management and mathematics at his hometown university in Warsaw. The former manager of a Polish rallying team, Niemcyzk is well-known in his native country for being a tough negotiator who strives for nothing but perfection. This has sometimes put him off-side with sponsors, drivers and staff alike but that won't stop Kuba from making the necessary steps to achieve success.

Fictional character name: Kuba Niemczyk
Nationality: Polish
Former Profession: Former Team Manager
Skill(s): Contract Negotiations (D20)
Bad Habit(s): Restless Perfectionist (D6)
Owner of the Peak Motorsport Group.

Biscione wrote:I mean, Renaldo Jimenez, could you ask for a more world class pay driver? Who even is Alexey Buyvolov, amirite?