1998 Alternate BTCC-Forging Legacies

The place for non-canon series, including all series that contain minimal or no references at all to the RWRS universe
Shawn040217

1998 Alternate BTCC-Forging Legacies

Post by Shawn040217 »

Welcome lads to the 1998 BTCC Season, where I will attempt to turn to turn the BTCC into the king of tin-top racing series around. Before I start off, please understand beforehand that this is my first time running such a series, and I may end up forgetting something or making some terrible errors, so feel free to offer some suggestions and I would most appreciate it if you would guide me through this epic journey; it's going to be a real joyride.

So why did I go for the 1998 season? Well, I reckon that year would be a great one for starting a series like the BTCC. We had nine car brands represented(excluding Alfa Romeo which never turned a wheel anyway, but I don't care), we had an awesome quality drivers, we had splendid racing all the way,and this was quite obviously the high watermark of the Super Touring era. Of course, costs got out of hand and the series went to utter shite in real life. But we won't let this go the same way. I if I can promise you one thing, it's that this series won't go down the same dead end(hopefully). We'll be having the best production car series around, with the best touring car drivers on the UK's best tracks(with some surprises). You'll be making many of the rounds, including the tracks we'll be going to, whether we'll have tyre wars etc.
Also, the scorinator which I'll be using (Racing Scorinator V2.3 by the way) supports up to 30 cars, so the privateers, which there were few IRL, will be better represented in this one. New manufacturers can come and join too, although only after the end of the 1998 season.
Anyway, onto the regs.....
- You can manage up to two teams if you wish, though if you do one has to be a Works Team and the other a Privateer Team.
-Each team will be running two cars.

- Growing costs was what drove BTCC Super Touring to its death knell, so we'll be addressing that somewhat. Works Teams will have a set starting budget of £2,600,000 while Privateer Teams will have a starting budget of £1,550,000. We want to keep the grids big and ensure everyone has a good shout of winning, so the privateers get a little bit more money than you'd normally expect, of course. After 1998, prize money will be given out based on total points accumulated from each team from the previous season.

- There will be three areas of development: Reliability, Aerodynamics and Technicality(let's assume this will be Engineering). All teams can develop their cars, at any point in the season. You can invest up to £525,000 on car development per season on any aspect (maybe £175,000 on Reliability, £175,000 on Aerodynamics and £175,000 on Technicality, but it's all down to you).

- Teams can go into debt. If your team is in debt to the tune of -£3,000,000 your team will be declared bankrupt and ditched from the championship with immediate effect. If you manage two teams, you can transfer money from one team to the other, but only when the team you want to transfer money to is in debt. Any team is free to ask for extra money from teams of other members.
- There will also be one pre-season test at Donington Park spread across three sessions.
- Points will be awarded as follows:
Pole Position:1
1st) 20
2nd) 15
3rd) 12
4th) 10
5th) 8
6th) 6
7th) 4
8th) 3
9th) 2
10th) 1
- Prize money will be given out in this format:
1st) £250,000
2nd)£180,000
3rd) £150,000
4th) £120,000
5th) £100,000
6th) £80,000
7th)£60,000
8th) £50,000
9th) £40,000
10th) £30,000
11th or anyone below who is classified) £10,000
- The Autosport Independents Trophy will be retained for privateer teams, with prize money given out every race instead of after the season. The prize money will be given out as follows:
1st position: £8,000
2nd position: £4,000
3rd position: £2,000
4th or rest of classified finishers: £1,000

- Each race weekend will consist of normal qualifying and three 105 km races to ensure more action for the fans. As for the Bathurst Speedweek (which forms part of the Bathurst 1000- the Super Touring race in the late 1990s, not the V8 Supercars one-) there will instead be two 120 km heats.
- You are free to sign any driver you want(after all we're trying to create the best quality touring car series around) which will be decided via RNG, although I should stress the works teams are more likely to sign the best drivers, who may demand big salaries-think maybe £400,000 for Alain Menu, £350,000 for Tom Kristensen, £320,000 for Frank Biela for example. Each team can nominate up to three drivers for one seat and two drivers for the other. Exercise some restraint though- I highly doubt Mika Hakkinen or Paul Tracy would leave behind F1/CART(we'll get to ya later) for BTCC, but every now and then the RNG may go mental mode, so who knows. Teams can also sign pay drivers to bolster their finances. Oh, and real drivers by the way.
Here are the teams that are available to manage:
Works Teams:
Blend 37 Williams Renault(must sign one French driver) (Bleu)
TWR Volvo S40 Racing(must sign one Swedish driver) (CarloSpace)
Team Honda Sport (RedEyes504)
Vodafone Nissan Racing (FortiWinks)
Esso Ultron Team Peugeot (F1 Livery Histories)
Ford Mondeo Reynard Racing (peteroli34)
Alfa Corse(must sign at least one Italian driver) (kinnikuniverse)
Vauxhall Sport (Shawn040217)
Privateer Teams:
Team Dynamics (Nissan Primera) (FortiWinks)
Brookes Motorsport (Honda Accord) (kinnikuniverse)
Mardi Gras Motorsport (Honda Accord) (RedEyes504)
DC Cook Motorsport (Renault Laguna) (Shawn040217)

And the provisional calendar: (again, you may vote to drop or add any venues to the calendar, and each team has the same voting power.)
1) Thruxton : 13 April
2) Silverstone (National) : 26 April
3) Brands Hatch (Indy) :4 May
4) Silverstone (International) : 17 May
(2 token opportunities available)
5) Donington Park (National) : 25 May
6) Oulton Park: 14 June
7) Croft Circuit : 28 June
8) Silverstone (International) :10-12 July
9) Snetterton Circuit :26 July
10) Knockhill Circuit : 2 August
11) Brands Hatch (International) : 16 August
12) Cadwell Park : 31 August
13) Oulton Park: 6 September
14) Bathurst : 4 October

- There are 24 cars in the field at this stage, meaning there's a fair couple of spots remaining for the taking. I'll permit up to two privateer squads to enter the championship for this season. But they have to be real-life teams, connected in any form to the BTCC at the time ,manufacturers represented this year or British junior single-seaters i.e Arden International, Carlin or Super Nova. Anyone who enters a new team will have to submit the car brand they wish to compete under (i.e Renault Laguna, Vauxhall Vectra etc).

Anyway I reckon that's all for now, so I look forward to getting this series underway!
Last edited by Shawn040217 on 07 Apr 2020, 08:48, edited 11 times in total.
FortiWinks

Re: 1998 Alternate BTCC-Forging Legacies

Post by FortiWinks »

I’ll take both Nissan outfits (RML factory team and Dynamics) so the two teams have the same ownership.

With the calendar Nissan proposes to move the second Silverstone round back to the British GP weekend and look at running on the Macau GP support card to expand the category globally.
Knows two facts about ducks and both of them are wrong
Bleu

Post by Bleu »

I'll take Blend 37.
CarloSpace
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by CarloSpace »

Didn't read all the rules yet but I'll reserve the TWR Volvos, thanks :)
Kinnikuniverse

Post by Kinnikuniverse »

I'd like to take control of alfa corse please. and I already know what Italian drivers I'd like to have.
Peteroli34

Post by Peteroli34 »

Ill take the Ford Factory Team
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

I'll take on the Peugeots. Somebody's gotta get that sweet-ass Esso Ultron livery the success it deserves.
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
FortiWinks

Post by FortiWinks »

Autosport wrote:Dynamic plan for ‘98

Nissan squad Team Dynamics has today announced a new initiative as part of their lineup for the upcoming season inspired by the Holden Young Lions program in Australia’s Australian Touring Car Championship.

The plan involves the factory squad subcontracting an entry which will run a local young driver (25 or younger) to help springboard the drivers’ young careers into potentially being a factory Nissan driver by the turn of the century.

The plan was hatched after the recent rule change from TOCA requiring teams to run two cars which meant Dynamics having to scramble to work out a deal to expand to a second car, rather than resorting to a pay driver to provide backing to be able to expand the outfit were approached by RML with the plan after a trip by Ray Mallock to Australia where he observed a similar program by the works Holden Racing Team squad.

Drivers rumoured to be in the frame for the seat are ‘94 McLaren Autosport BRDC Award winner Jamie Davies, Formula 3 frontrunner Peter Dumbreck and 19-year old Formula Vauxhall driver Justin Wilson who was recommended for the drive by Jackie Stewart who saw lots of potential in the driver but thought he would be too tall to make it in the single- seater arena.

Nissan are yet to confirm their driver lineup either but paddock whispers continue to link Steve Soper to a sensational BTCC return with the Japanese manufacturer but the team continues to deny these rumours stating that “we are content with the job that Les and Ant have done for us in the past season and we don’t see any need to change our lineup at this current point in time”.
Shawn040217

Post by Shawn040217 »

Second Silverstone event moved to British GP weekend: Macau BTCC foray in the works?

2 January-Autosport can reveal that the second Silverstone round of the incoming 1998 BTCC Season, originally scheduled for 11-13 September, has been moved earlier to 10-12 July as a support round of the British Grand Prix. There have too been changes to the race format for this round as a result: the weekend will now consist of one single 115 km race, to allow for more track time for the main stars of the show, being the Formula 1 World Championship. It has been reported that the teams lobbying for more time to prepare for the Bathurst Speedweek scheduled for 4 October might have played a factor in this decision as well.

However, this move might pale in comparison to numerous reports that the BTCC might be heading to Macau this year, around the prestigious Guia street circuit. Autosport has learned that BTCC representatives actually met with the organizers of the Macau Grand Prix to discuss the possibility of a BTCC cameo appearance, which would count for championship points, in addition to the growing list of support races alongside the main F3 event.
BTCC head honcho Alan How told Autosport :" I've always been a big fan of Macau , it's a fantastic circuit and it would be excellent to see these cars and drivers tackle this track. We've had discussions about bringing the series there and so far everything is going smoothly. I reckon it would be great, you know. We'll have all lot of potential sponsors and talented racers from everywhere coming in, so it would be a great way to showcase the BTCC as a whole."

When asked about the possibility of the teams and personnel having difficulties in terms of a logistical standpoint, especially with the added strain of the Bathurst Speedweek, Gow commented:" Of course, that is a factor that we have to take into consideration. Bathurst marks the first time we've even ventured out of Europe, so it will certainly be a challenge, and if Macau goes ahead, we will have the same challenge doubled, as Macau is a much tighter track than Bathurst, and potentially less paddock space for the teams, and air freight or shipping charges will be really high, so we will have to look at both sides of the spectrum and make a decision from there."
Shawn040217

Post by Shawn040217 »

While we wait for the rest of the spots to be snapped up, I reckon it's now time to open up the driver signings then.Yay!!

Before I get into this, let me remind anyone who manages or is looking to manage the following teams:
-Blend 37 Williams Renault must sign one French driver.
-Volvo S40 Racing must sign one Swedish driver.
-Alfa Corse must sign at least one Italian driver.
With that out of the way, let's dive into the nitty-gritty stuff:
-The minimum wage for a paid driver is £150,000 a year.
-If a paid driver is sacked, be it before the start of the season, mid-season or before the end of the season, you must pay said driver one-fourth of his or her sign-on fee.
-Any offers made to a paid driver must be matching or close to his or her asking fee for said offer to be considered-remember that drivers may accept or reject your offers depending on the asking fee- don't try to pay Nigel Mansell £150,000, £500,000 would suffice for your offer to be accepted. Any failed previous negotiations are re-negotiable depending on whether your targeted driver has signed for another team or not.
-Each team can nominate up to two drivers for one seat and three drivers for the other one.
-If you wish to replace a driver at any point during the season, in case you want to employ a paid driver you must pay said driver a minimum wage of £15,000 per race weekend.

As for pay drivers:
-They also have the option to reject your offers, especially if they reckon you are asking for too much money.
-Pay drivers can bring up to £425,000 per season. If you want to hire a pay driver during the season you receive a fraction of the full-season amount (for example Mark Lemmer brings in £150,000 and you hire him for three race weekends- £150,000×3/14 rounds= £32,000 rounded to the nearest thousand.)
-Unlike paid driver offers pay driver offers are non-negotiable.
- If you fire a pay driver, he or she will not demand any payment-so relax. However, you will lose their money for races they will not compete in. E.g. You hire Driver Matsushita for 1m and they bring £200,000. If you then fire them after 4 races, you will lose £150,000 of their money.

-Drivers may threaten to leave on their own accord for whatever reason (poor car performance, intra-team arguments etc.).You ca try to convince them to stay by giving them a wage bonus/install a car upgrade/etc, or simply let them go and pay the compensation fee.
-Drivers can be injured. Injury Severities are decided via RNG and range from 10%(will not miss any races) to a maximum of 80%(badly injured and will miss a maximum of 10 rounds)
-And remember, keep your driver offers bold but not outworldly(Tony Stewart or Michael Schumacher won't be setting foot in a BTCC car!)

And I guess that is it for now, so make your offers and watch the RNG work its magic!
You have until 2 March to place your offers. As for those interested in signing up for the series, you have until 22 February to do so.

(This is going to turn out so well)
Last edited by Shawn040217 on 10 Feb 2020, 23:22, edited 1 time in total.
Bleu

Post by Bleu »

Seat 1:
400.000 for Frank Biela
400.000 for Bernd Schneider
350.000 for Jason Plato

Seat 2:
300.000 for Yvan Muller
300.000 for Éric Hélary

By the way one question. If French driver in my team is injured, do I have to replace him/her with another French driver?

Same applies to Alfa Romeo and Volvo with another nationalities.
Kinnikuniverse

Post by Kinnikuniverse »

EDIT: modified my bids

Alfa Corse

Seat 1
430.000$ Tom Kristensen
400.000$ Gabriele Tarquini
350.000$ Nicola Larini

Seat 2
300.000$ Fabrizio Giovanardi
300.000$ Emanuele Naspetti
250.000$ Andrea Montermini
Last edited by Kinnikuniverse on 17 Feb 2020, 00:51, edited 2 times in total.
Shawn040217

Post by Shawn040217 »

Bleu wrote:Seat 1:
400.000 for Frank Biela
400.000 for Bernd Schneider
350.000 for Jason Plato

Seat 2:
300.000 for Yvan Muller
300.000 for Éric Hélary

By the way one question. If French driver in my team is injured, do I have to replace him/her with another French driver?

Same applies to Alfa Romeo and Volvo with another nationalities.

No, in this instance you may replace him/her with a non-French driver.
FortiWinks

Post by FortiWinks »

Vodafone Nissan Racing
Car #8
David Leslie - £350,000
Steve Soper - £350,000
Martin Brundle - £300,000 (Needell to sub for British GP round)

Car #23 (#1 if Menu)
Alain Menu - £400,000
Anthony Reid - £300,000

Team Dynamics Max Power
Car #24
Jamie Davies - £150,000
Peter Dumbreck - £150,000
Justin Wilson - £150,000

Car #77
Matt Neal - £0

EDIT: updated bids #1
EDIT 2: rearranged driver bids - Menu swaps with Soper
Last edited by FortiWinks on 12 Feb 2020, 23:23, edited 1 time in total.
RedEyes504

Post by RedEyes504 »

I'll take Team Honda and Mardi Gras Motorsport
Alexander Wurz is timeless and endless and eternal.
Shawn040217

Post by Shawn040217 »

Welcome to the series, RedEyes!
Kinnikuniverse

Post by Kinnikuniverse »

can I take over Brookes motorsports? if so, here are my following bids:

Brookes motorsports

Seat 1:
- lee Brookes 0$ (team owner)

Seat 2:
- ralph firman 200.000$
- Kelvin Burt 150.000$
- Richard Kaye 150.000$
Shawn040217

Post by Shawn040217 »

Kinnikuniverse wrote:can I take over Brookes motorsports? if so, here are my following bids:

Brookes motorsports

Seat 1:
- lee Brookes 0$ (team owner)

Seat 2:
- ralph firman 200.000$
- Kelvin Burt 150.000$
- Richard Kaye 150.000$

Yes, you may do so.
RedEyes504

Post by RedEyes504 »

Honda
Car 5
James Thompson 250k
Tim Harvey 250k
Paul Radisich 250k

Car 50
Osamu Nakako 200k
Emanuele Naspetti 200k

Mardi Gras
Car 16
Roger Moen 150k
Jan Nilsson 150k
Mattias Ekström 150k

Car 17
Tommy Rustad 150k
Jan Nilsson 150k
Mattias Ekström 150k
Alexander Wurz is timeless and endless and eternal.
Kinnikuniverse

Post by Kinnikuniverse »

RedEyes504 wrote:Honda
Car 5
James Thompson 250k
Tim Harvey 250k
Paul Radisich 250k

Car 50
Osamu Nakako 200k
Emanuele Naspetti 200k

Mardi Gras
Car 16
Roger Moen 150k
Jan Nilsson 150k
Mattias Ekström 150k

Car 17
Tommy Rustad 150k
Jan Nilsson 150k
Mattias Ekström 150k

OOC: wait, Matthias ekstrom? as in the rally cross driver?
Shawn040217

Post by Shawn040217 »

Kinnikuniverse wrote:
Car 5
James Thompson 250k
Tim Harvey 250k
Paul Radisich 250k

Car 50
Osamu Nakako 200k
Emanuele Naspetti 200k

Mardi Gras
Car 16
Roger Moen 150k
Jan Nilsson 150k
Mattias Ekström 150k

Car 17
Tommy Rustad 150k
Jan Nilsson 150k
Mattias Ekström 150k

Yep, multiple DTM champion as well IRL, so pretty decent right there, and hopefully the same case in this TL, maybe in future seasons
FortiWinks

Post by FortiWinks »

Kinnikuniverse wrote:
Car 5
James Thompson 250k
Tim Harvey 250k
Paul Radisich 250k

Car 50
Osamu Nakako 200k
Emanuele Naspetti 200k

Mardi Gras
Car 16
Roger Moen 150k
Jan Nilsson 150k
Mattias Ekström 150k

Car 17
Tommy Rustad 150k
Jan Nilsson 150k
Mattias Ekström 150k

Actually more known as a touring car driver than rallycross for the reasons Shawn mentioned before, at this point he was just off the back of finishing runner-up in the Swedish Touring Car Championship at just 19 years of age in a privateer Volvo.

I was personally considering him for the Dynamics seat but decided on Wilson instead to go with the local driver theme.
Shawn040217

Post by Shawn040217 »

As the driver offers continue I would like to thank you guys for your interest in the series, as it means a lot to me!

My main point here is that I've looked at the prize money for every race and realised that it would constitute a large chunk of money ( 1st place would give out £250,000 which is pretty much a driver wage for one season; (facepalm), and remember that's for one race when there's three races in nearly all the rounds), so I've decided to make some changes.

Therefore, the prize money for each race will now be distributed as follows:
1st: £40,000
2nd: £30,000
3rd: £20,000
4th:£15,000
5th:£12,000
6th: £10,000
7th: £8,000
8th: £6,000
9th:£5,000
10th:£4,000
11th down to remaining classified finishers: £2,000

If you reckon that's a little too low or high, feel free to make some suggestions down below!
FortiWinks

Post by FortiWinks »

Funnily enough It hadn’t even occurred to me how high the figures were until you mentioned it Shawn! But looking at the updated version it looks more realistic with touring car racing at the time.

If we calculate a car that finishes third in all three races from a round that would mean £60k earnt from the event which sounds about right.

Looking forward to this series mate! Any ideas what will happen if Audi is not claimed by someone in time? Will the team be withdrawn (which could make sense in character after the ban on AWD cars IRL) or run autonomously by you?
Shawn040217

Post by Shawn040217 »

FortiWinks wrote:Funnily enough It hadn’t even occurred to me how high the figures were until you mentioned it Shawn! But looking at the updated version it looks more realistic with touring car racing at the time.

If we calculate a car that finishes third in all three races from a round that would mean £60k earnt from the event which sounds about right.

Looking forward to this series mate! Any ideas what will happen if Audi is not claimed by someone in time? Will the team be withdrawn (which could make sense in character after the ban on AWD cars IRL) or run autonomously by you?

Thanks mate! 750,000 from one race weekend would be utterly egregious, that's why I changed them. As for teams that have not seen snapped up, initially I thought about running all said teams, but I'm only going to run only one team just like other members. For teams that are unclaimed, they will be withdrawn from the 1998 championship, but will be available for the following season should there be sufficient interest. Once we get to that extent, I will then relinquish my management of said team to any potential members.

I will get into stuff like car upgrades and driver development soon, but not after all seats have been filled, so watch this space.
Kinnikuniverse

Post by Kinnikuniverse »

...didn't you said you wanted the grids to be big? I mean, I get that you don't want to run all the remaining teams due to it being tedious to manage and to avoid any suspicions, but still...
Shawn040217

Post by Shawn040217 »

Kinnikuniverse wrote:...didn't you said you wanted the grids to be big? I mean, I get that you don't want to run all the remaining teams due to it being tedious to manage and to avoid any suspicions, but still...

I originally decided to auto-manage any potential unselected teams, but eventually recently I've opted to keep things nice and fair and go for one single team-I may have stretched myself a tad too wide on my initial statement, sorry Kinnik! :oops:
Kinnikuniverse

Post by Kinnikuniverse »

well, you can do what everybody else is doing and run one factory and one privateer team. like that, we will have 24 cars, which would be a healthy grid.
Shawn040217

Post by Shawn040217 »

Kinnikuniverse wrote:well, you can do what everybody else is doing and run one factory and one privateer team. like that, we will have 24 cars, which would be a healthy grid.

Well then, I'll run one factory and one privateer squad, sorry for the little mix-up there!! (bangs head against wall).

Anyway, I'll be taking charge of Vauxhall Sport to turn their fortunes around and DC Cook Motorsport in the search for additional rejectness, something I've been no stranger to in the making in this series! :twisted:
Kinnikuniverse

Post by Kinnikuniverse »

also, FYI, I support the idea of going to Macao.
Peteroli34

Post by Peteroli34 »

Ford Driver Bids

Driver 1
Alain Menu - 400,000
Paul Radisich - 300,000
Will Hoy- 300,000

Driver 2
Nigel Mansell - 500,000
Anthony Ried- 250,000
Tommy Rustad - 150,000
Shawn040217

Post by Shawn040217 »

Here are my biddies for the following teams(bankruptcy awaits):

Vauxhall Sport

Seat 1( Homegrown Hero Seat) #8
Nigel Mansell - £520,000 (Red #5 will be his if he gets the seat)
John Cleland - £350,000 (Let's (hope to) get him goin' for first once more!)

Driver 2 (International Barnstormers Seat)
Tom Kristensen - £395,000 (he tested alongside Tim Sudgen and Steven Richards (son of 1992 Bathurst winner Jim) IRL in 1997 so he should be used to the bathpluggy Vectra he'd have to deal with)
Craig Lowndes -£325,000 (yes, he may have had a dismal 1997 F3000 season, but what's stopping us from snapping up one of the most exciting tin-top prospects Down Under?)
Yvan Muller-£350,000

DC Cook Motorsport

Seat 1: #21
1] Paula Cook- £0
2) Vicky Butler-Henderson -£200,000

Seat:#22
1] Jason Plato -£310,000 (If this is the only way to stop him crashing into anyone else then I'm all up for it).
2] James Kaye -£235,000
3] Darren Turner- £200,000

Edit: adjusted Kristensen's offered wage
Shawn040217

Post by Shawn040217 »

Just to point out, there is still one team available, so anyone looking to join the series must do so before February 22, 10:00.

While we wait for the driver offers to continue (Peugeot and Volvo are still yet to place their offers, so remember to do so before March 2) , I guess I shall explain one of the (soon to be) key aspects of the game, which is car development.

Car Development

For the first season at least I will be doing car development through something called RATing available on the scorinator. So how does it work?
R/A/Ting describes your team’s car’s characteristics and consists of three separate numbers, ranging from 1(super shite) to 10(super OP) representing the car’s Reliability, its ability to complete a race without falling apart; Acceleration, representing the sum of the car’s power and aerodynamics enabling it to achieve high speeds quickly; and Technicality, representing the car’s braking, suspension and chassis’ combined ability to get through corners while losing a minimum of momentum. Cars with better Acceleration will fare well on circuits with long straights and sweeping corners such as Thruxton or Silverstone, and better-Technical cars will do well on tighter, twisty tracks like Cadwell Park or Knockhill, whereas more Reliable cars won’t have as much raw pace on either but are less likely to render their successes obsolete by blowing up halfway through the race.

For the first season of Alternate BTCC, keeping a lid on things is the watchword here, so rather than the £525,000 maximum that I stated you could spend on development per season in the opening post, instead I've opted to go for a simpler token system for the time being. There will be a maximum of two tokens available every three rounds (that makes a maximum of six tokens available per season), each costing £55,000. You can opt to invest these tokens either on the afromentioned three development areas on this year's car, opt to do the same for next year's car, so simply forgo using them in order to save up a bit of cash. Each token gives out a pernament performance boost of 0.65 points, and the total success of said upgrade is not guaranteed: RNG will decide on how successful or rejectful your investment proves to be, ranging from 0(total failure) to 65(suppose that's fine).
Kinnikuniverse

Post by Kinnikuniverse »

okay, so if I understand, each teams have a set base of stats? so it's possible to, like, upgrade our cars to become perfect?
CarloSpace
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by CarloSpace »

VOLVO DRIVER BIDS

Seat 1:
Rickard Rydell £375 000
Stefan Johansson £350 000
Jan Nilsson £180 000
Mattias Ekström £175 000

Seat 2:
James Thompson £300 000
David Leslie £300 000
David Plato £ 250 000
Stefan Johansson £300 000
Jan Nilsson £180 000
FortiWinks

Post by FortiWinks »

Autosport wrote:Audi to take sabbatical from BTCC

In a press conference today Audi have confirmed that the German manufacturer will take a year out from BTCC competition after a late rule change banning the use of all wheel drive cars for the upcoming season.

A statement said “We have taken the decision to withdraw from the 1998 Auto Trader RAC British Touring Car Championship, it was a tough decision to make but we wanted to continue to run a front running car in the championship here but with the late rule change from TOCA it was going to prove hard for us to convert the A4 while remaining competitive.

We appreciate the work that Audi Sport UK has done for the past two seasons and we will never forget our 1996 double championship on debut in the category and hope that we can work with the team on our upcoming Le Mans project.”

It is unknown how this affects the teams’ ‘97 driver lineup of Frank Biela and John Bintcliffe but talks around the paddock are linking the former to one of the Williams Renault drives or a potential move back to the STW to reunite with Audi.
Shawn040217

Post by Shawn040217 »

Right, so deadline day has arrived. Salamander, I have yet to receive a response from you concerning drivers, so I shall extend the deadline by an extra day to March 3, 22:00 GMT, with a failure to do so resulting in me choosing them myself. Thanks!
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Sorry to mess around like this, but I'm not really in a place to give this series any real amount of effort, so if anyone else wants to take on Peugeot, you're more than welcome to.
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
F1 Livery Histories

Post by F1 Livery Histories »

Hey guys, I've never participated in one of these, but I'd be willing to give it a go if there is still a slot free.

Perhaps a late entry from Audi, Toyota or BMW?
Shawn040217

Post by Shawn040217 »

F1 Livery Histories wrote:Hey guys, I've never participated in one of these, but I'd be willing to give it a go if there is still a slot free.

Perhaps a late entry from Audi, Toyota or BMW?

Firstly, thank you for your involvement in the series, Salamander!

And since there's now one vacant team slot, it's yours then F1 Livery Histories! Since you are new to this, I'll extend the deadline for driver offers til March 5th, 22:00 GMT, and I would suggest taking a peek at the regs in the opening post to get acclimatised, hopefully it'll help out and I hope you'll have a great time here!

Edit: Concerning BMW, Audi and Toyota, Audi has pulled their entry at least for 1998, and there is a possibility they could come back soon. Andy Rouse's team Rousesport is currently working on a souped-up version of the Corolla Liftback for BTCC competition (look it up, it's....rather challenging to look at) and BMW is currently focusing on their Le Mans project and in the Super Tourewagen Cup with the 320i, so don't expect an entry from them for now.