2000 FedEx CART World Series -Homestead Race 1 up

The place for non-canon series, including all series that contain minimal or no references at all to the RWRS universe
Shawn040217

2000 FedEx CART World Series -Homestead Race 1 up

Post by Shawn040217 »

So originally I wanted this to happen after the first season of Alternate BTCC, but I guess a couple days of chilin helps a fair bit, anyway, it's time to bring the....

(Paul Page): Three more corners to go! Bourdais right up the rear of Moore as they speed down the backstretch! But the Ford motor's got nothing on the Penske Toyota down Seaside Way! It's gotta be do or die stuff for the Frenchman!
(Bob Varsha): Through the right-hander, Seabass gains some time on the Canadian but is it enough for a dive into Le Gasomet? Time to find out! Bourdais gets a great run, Moore covers the inside line to block! Into the hairpin they go, Bourdais can't do anything! It's been an entertaining race from start to finish, but in the end Greg Moore holds on to win the 2009 Toyota Grand Prix of Long Beach!

Yes, this ain't no dream.....
(Late 90s EPSN SpeedWorld theme plays in background)

Welcome lads, to the 2000 FedEx CART World Series! So we know IRL that the Indy Racing League triumphed over CART post-split due to a couple of boneheaded decisions from CART and the massive shitestorm that followed (we'll come to that soon), but what if the opposite occurred? What if the IRL were forced to their knees instead of CART? This is, of course,a question to be answered here. Yes, Gonzalo Rodriguez's tragic shunt at Laguna Seca certainly hurt us somewhat last year, and Greg Moore's serious crash at Fontana (which he was fortunate to survive) didn't help us either, but in terms of spectacle, racing, driver and team quality and other aspects we've got the high ground by a mile. We strive to be the USA's premier open-wheel racing series, with the best drivers and teams, beautiful and stunningly fast cars, competitive racing and of course with a big smorgasbord of the world's best road courses, street circuits and ovals, not the boneheaded oval-only idea that TG likes to lean on, and I'm sure that combined with droney crapmobiles for cars, crappy drivers who have a penchant for hitting walls and much else will be to his detriment. Yep, he may have got the Indy 500, but we can take pride in doing what we do best, which is provide an array of exciting races in a plethora of brilliant tracks, and we've got the stars: Penske, Montoya, Rahal, Ganassi, Vasser, Tracy, while what you've got are polished diamonds such as Menard,Buzz Calkins, Billy Boat and....Dr Jack Miller. We don't want to wish anything bad on him, of course, but when we rise, maybe old Tony will want to look back at 1996 and 25/8 and sigh a tad...

Meanwhile, away from my retarded diatribe and back to the subject...
- You may opt to supply a maximum of two teams, although it you do so you may only select one team per tier unless specified otherwise(the tiering system, based on the number of points accumulated from each team in '99, is only for the team selections; they will not have any other impacts)
-Each team will be given the same starting budget of $8 million, partially subsidised by CART themselves.
-Teams can go into debt. Once your go into debt to the tune of -$2,000,000 your team will be declared bankrupt and ditched from the series with immediate effect with you reassigned to the waiting list.
-Just like in Alternate BTCC, if you manage two or more teams, you can transfer money from one team to the other, but only when the team you want to transfer money to is in debt. Any team is free to ask for extra money from teams of other members, which must be stated publicly.
-You can select your own chassis and engines, which are detailed further down, and each will have different stats from each other, so choose carefully. In terms of chassis, they will have different performance levels according to the type of circuit they race on, so a chassis that doesn't work well on ovals may be king on road/street circuits, that sort of thing. Each engine or chassis make will too provide works support, which means teams with this incentive will receive engine and/or chassis upgrades at no cost.

Prize money for each race will be distributed as follows:
1st) $120,000
2nd)$90,000
3rd) $70,000
4th) $60,000
5th) $50,000
6th) $35,000
7th)$30,000
8th) $25,000
9th) $22,500
10th) $20,000
11th) $17,500
12th) $15,000
13th and rest of classified finishers: $12,000

Here are the available teams: (note the butterflies)
Chip Ganassi Racing(2 cars) (Tier 1) (Gertrand Bachot)
Team Penske (2 cars) (Tier 2) (Gonzalez)
Team Green(2 cars) (Tier 1) (kinnikuniverse)
Patrick Racing (2 cars) (Tier 1) (Bleu)
Forsythe Racing (2 cars) (Tier 1) (Reject_Dom)
Walker Racing (1 car) (Tier 1) (Shawn040217)
Team Hogan (return to a partnership with Penske) (1 car) (Tier 2) (Gonzalez)
PacWest Racing Enterprises (2 cars) (Tier 1) (RedEyes504)
Team Rahal (2 cars) (Tier 1) (Bandon23)
Newman Haas Racing (2 cars) (Tier 1) (FortiWinks)
Bettenhausen Racing(1 car) (Tier 2) (Klon)
Della Penna Motorsports (1 car) (Tier 2) (RedEyes504)
Payton/Coyne Racing(2 cars) (Tier 2) (Bandon23)
All-American Racers(2 cars) (Tier 2) (FortiWinks)
Mo Nunn Racing (2 cars) (Tier 2) (New Team) (kinnikuniverse)
PPI Motorsports (2 cars) (Tier 2) (New Team (technically)) (Bleu)
-Anyone who manages Team Penske would be obliged to manage Team Hogan as well:
-Hogan would share the same engine and chassis as Penske.

And the available chassis:
Before this, remember that:
-Chassis prices are non-negotiable.
-You are allowed a maximum of two chassis bid slots(try to fill up all of them)
-Should you fail to get your desired chassis, you will be given another attempt this time for other chassis or assigned to the chassis with unlimited supply (in this case Lola).

Reynard 2KI-The car to have. Great anywhere, be it Michigan, Mid Ohio or Adelaide. Will offer works support for 2 teams.(Will supply a maximum of 5 teams) ($450,000)
Lola B2K/00- Worse than the Reynard, Lola, even the Eagle on superspeedways where low drag is key, but a very formidable weapon on road/street courses and short ovals such as Milwaukee or Gateway. Will offer works support for 2 teams.(Unlimited supply) ($425,000)
Swift 011.a- An underrated quality, especially with that price(look at it!).An all-round decent quality on ovals or road courses, if not quite the equal of the Reynards. Swift will offer works support for 2 teams. (Will supply a maximum of 3 teams) ($395,000)
Eagle 997-b -Cheap, but for good reason. Does perform well on ovals, but needs a lottttt of improvement everywhere else. Due of their lack of pace relative to other suppliers, Eagle will offer every team it supplies works support plus a $125,000 bonus starting payout per season, with an extra $20,000 given out after the season for every podium achieved during the season (for example if you get two, you get $40,000).
(Will supply a maximum of 2 teams) ($355,000)

As for engine suppliers:(As a response to Ford and Toyota wanting to cut costs, CART has reduced the minimum engine cost from $1.8 million to $680k, a big cut indeed.)
-Engine prices are non-negotiable.
-You are allowed a maximum of two engine bid slots(try to fill up all of them).
-Should you fail to get your desired engine, you will be given another attempt this time at other engines or assigned to the engine with unlimited supply(in this case Ford).

Mercedes (Type IC108E) An explosively powerful motor, the most potent one by a long shot, but very, very prone to blowing up. Expect to pay a premium for this one. Will provide works support for 1 team.(will supply a maximum of 3 teams) ($820k)
Ford (Type XF) The all-rounder motor. Decent bags of power and rock-solid reliability to back it up. Will provide works support for 2 teams.(Unlimited supply) ($760k)
Honda (Type HR-0) Not quite as powerful as the Merc, but much more reliable (if not totally immune to exploding) and at a much cheaper price. Will offer works support for 2 teams.(Will supply a maximum of 5 teams.) ($750k)
Toyota (Type RVA) Used to be the joke of the paddock, but slowly and surely proving its worth. Slightly punchier than the Ford if somewhat worse on reliability. Will provide works support for every team it supplies plus an extra $10,000 for every win achieved during the season.(Will supply a maximum of 4 teams.) ($735k)

And the provisional calender:(You may nominate a new track to replace any selected venues.)
Road Courses: 6
Airfield Circuits: 1
Street Courses: 3
Short/Intermediate Ovals: 5
Superspeedways: 5

1) Marlboro Grand Prix of Miami (Homestead Motor Speedway) (March 3-5)
2) Embratel Rio 200k (Jacarepagua) (March 17-19)
3) Honda Indy Australia 300(Adelaide) (April 7-April 9)
4) Toyota Grand Prix of Long Beach (Long Beach) (April 14-16)
5)Miller Lite 225 (Milwaukee Mile) (April 21-23)
6)Motorola 300(Gateway Motorsport Park) (April 28-30)
7)Marconi Grand Prix of Cleveland (Burke Lakefront) (May 12-14)
8) Molson Indy Toronto (Exhibition Place Street Circuit) (June 2-4)
9) Grand Prix of Mont Tremblant (Mont Tremblant) (June 9-11)
10) Miller Lite 200(Mid Ohio) (June 16-18)
11) United States 500(Michigan International Speedway) (July 7-9)
12) Motorola 220(Road America) (July 23-25)
13) Kentucky CART 300 (Kentucky Motor Speedway) (July 30-August 2)
14) Honda Grand Prix of Monterey (Laguna Seca) (August 25-27)
15) Pocono 500(Pocono Raceway) (September 8-10) (September 7-9)
16)Tecate Grand Prix of Mexico(Autodromo Hermanos Rodriguez) (September 22-24)
17)Honda Japan Indy 300(Motegi) (October 6-8)
18) Firestone Firehawk 600(Texas Motor Speedway) (October 20-22)
19)G.I Joe 200(Portland International Raceway) (November 10-12)
20) Marlboro 500(Fontana Speedway) (November 24-26)

Anyone who wishes to join me on this adventure please state your selected teams plus your chassis and engines below!!
And as always, hopefully you'll have a fun time, good luck and most of all stay safe!
Last edited by Shawn040217 on 29 Apr 2020, 12:39, edited 14 times in total.
Kinnikuniverse

Re: 2000 FedEx CART World Series - Team Signups open

Post by Kinnikuniverse »

woohoo! first, baybay!

alright, I like the overall schedule, but I have a few questions:

- how come the Australian round is in Adelaide instead of surfers paradise? I love both tracks, but CART did invest quite a bit on surfers.

- likewise for the Japan round not taking place at motegi. the reason why motegi was built was to welcome IndyCar racing to the land of the rising sun, so why aren't we racing there?

-road Atlanta is a great track, but it's not suited for the incredibly fast champ cars, especially with that bump up the hill before the last corner. can we go to somewhere safer and lengthier instead, like Watkins Glen?

- where the hell is homestead?

Aside from that, I'd like to take over team KOOL Green (go Dario!) and mo Nunn racing.

Team Green

Chassis: Reynard 2KI (applying for Works support)
Engines: Honda type HR-0 (applying for Works support)

Mo Nunn Racing

Chassis: Reynard 2KI
engine: Toyota type RVA (Applying for works support)

PS: are you still running the 1998 BTCC at the same time?
FortiWinks

Post by FortiWinks »

CART’s not my forte but what have I got to lose?

Give me Newman/Haas & AAR

Newman/Haas Racing
Chassis: Swift 011.a (applying for works support)
Engine: Ford-Cosworth Type XF (applying for works support)

All American Racers
Engine: Toyota RVA (applying for works support)
Knows two facts about ducks and both of them are wrong
Shawn040217

Post by Shawn040217 »

Kinnikuniverse wrote:woohoo! first, baybay!

alright, I like the overall schedule, but I have a few questions:

- how come the Australian round is in Adelaide instead of surfers paradise? I love both tracks, but CART did invest quite a bit on surfers.

- likewise for the Japan round not taking place at motegi. the reason why motegi was built was to welcome IndyCar racing to the land of the rising sun, so why aren't we racing there?

-road Atlanta is a great track, but it's not suited for the incredibly fast champ cars, especially with that bump up the hill before the last corner. can we go to somewhere safer and lengthier instead, like Watkins Glen?

- where the hell is homestead?

Aside from that, I'd like to take over team KOOL Green (go Dario!) and mo Nunn racing.

Team Green

Chassis: Reynard 2KI (applying for Works support)
Engines: Honda type HR-0 (applying for Works support)

Mo Nunn Racing

engine: Toyota type RVA (Applying for works support)

PS: are you still running the 1998 BTCC at the same time?

Welcome in Kinnik!
Regarding the schedule, I have to admit that I did a somewhat scrappy job on it, so here goes.....

1) Surfer's a beautiful location, but it's a seriously tight one, meaning colisions and wrecks were and are pretty common, especially in '98, and its bumpy surface means gearbox after gearbox gets one heck of a munching, and the teams weren't too pleased about it. On the other hand, Adelaide has a half-pernament layout so logistics are somewhat easier, and paddocks are already in place to make accommodation easier, plus since it has a bit more of a pernament-circuit feel (the last sector for instance) it is somewhat more forgiving. I also like the idea of an 'Adelaide SpeedFest', where CART and V8 Supercars both race on the same weekend; the idea would be to have the Supercars race first before going into the big kahuna which is CART. Who wouldn't pay to see big, burly V8s and shrieking, screaming turbocharged 2.65s in action on the same day?

2) That's a good uppie there, my mistake. Honda did build the circuit in a bid to increase CART's image in Japan. If I really wanted a road course race, then I probably should keep Twin Ring around, then maybe go to Autopolis or Fuji. Or hey, Motegi does also have a road course ready to go, so double-header anyone?

3) That's a decent point here. I've just done a bit of a look-through, and one of the reasons CART wouldn't race at Road Atlanta was because of that super-fast Turn 13. I would probably utilise the final corner of the RA Club layout (SouthPawRacer curses), which turns a little later than the original T13, and is a little less flowy and a tad tight, especially for pitlane access, which can be addressed with some widening. I initially thought of putting Watkins Glen in there, but it's NASCAR-teritory as it's owned by the ISC, so don't expect The Glen to be here for the foreseeable future.

4) Cock, I forgot about Homestead! Will update accordingly :facepalm:

And yes, 1998 BTCC will still run (it's still in its infancy anyway), and expect BTCC to take priority over this one as CART 2000's a much bigger series to run than BTCC (you'll discover later).
Bandon23

Post by Bandon23 »

Sure, I would bet on this one to join.

Team Rahal
Chassis: Swift 011.a (applying for works support)
Engine: Ford Type XF (applying for works support)

Payton-Coyne Racing
Engine: Honda type HR-0 (applying for works support)
Shawn040217

Post by Shawn040217 »

Welcome in, Winks 'n Bandon!
Bleu

Post by Bleu »

I'll apply for Patrick and PPI

Both will apply for Lola chassis and Ford engines, Patrick with works support for both.
Shawn040217

Post by Shawn040217 »

While we wait for the remaining teams to be taken, here comes..

Sponsors
-A two-car team can either have a primary sponsor covering two cars or two primary sponsors covering one car each. One car teams of course may only have one primary sponsor. As for secondary sponsors, all two-car teams will have their choices covering both their cars.
-Each team car has a maximum of three sponsor slots, one for primary sponsors and two for secondary sponsors.
-You are allowed to list up to 6 sponsors, be it primary or secondary in your signing attempt (you are recommended to fill up all of them) . Any extra listed sponsors will be ignored.
-You will only receive one extra attempt to sign your sponsors; after the initial set of sponsors has been posted. Whether you end up with a full sponsorship package, or no sponsors at all is down to the RNG- you've won't be given additional chances and you might likely have to turn to pay drivers to boost your fortunes.
With that out of the way, start bidding and choose carefully!
-Each secondary sponsor will only sponsor a maximum of 1 team unless specified otherwise.
-Also, if you are managing two-car teams, state whether you are bidding for two primary sponsors covering one car each or one primary sponsor covering both cars.
Please state your bids in this format:

Primary Sponsors A(Will only sponsor both cars of two-car teams)
Marlboro ($4 million) Nationality: American
KOOL ($ 3.8 million) Nationality: American
Players ($ 3.7 million) Nationality: Canadian (Must sign one Canadian driver) (Prefers sponsoring Forsythe)
Target ($ 3.75 million) Nationality: American (Prefers sponsoring Ganassi)
Texaco ($3.35 million) Nationality: American
K-Mart ($ 3.65 million) Nationality: American

Primary Sponsors B
Visteon ($ 2.5 million) Nationality: American
Shell ($2.85 million) Nationality: British/Dutch
Valvoline ($2.8 million) Nationality: American
Miller Lite ($2.9 million) Nationality: American
Herdez ($2.7 million) Nationality: Mexican
(Must sign one Mexican driver)
Tecate ($2.75 million) Nationality: Mexican
(Must sign Adrian Fernandez)
Budweiser ($2.65 million) Nationality: American
MCI WorldCom ($2.55 million) Nationality: American
Nextel ($2.85 million) Nationality: American
Motorola ($2.75 million) Nationality: American
Telefonica ($2.2 million) Nationality: Spanish
(Might pay more if team has Spanish driver)
McDonald's ($2.85 million) Nationality: American
Pioneer ($2.5 million) Nationality: Japanese
Alumax ($2.2 million) Nationality: American
Red Bull ($2.75 million) Nationality: Austrian
Molson Brewery ($2.8 million) Nationality: Canadian
Pennzoil ($2.6 million)
Nationality: American
Hollywood Cigarettes ($2.4 million) Nationality: Brazilian

Secondary Sponsors:
Panasonic ($700k) Nationality: Japanese (Will sponsor a maximum of 2 teams)
Indeck ($720k) Nationality: Canadian
Coca-Cola ($665k) Nationality: American (Will sponsor a maximum of 2 teams)
Fujifilm ($620k) Nationality: Japanese
Gillette ($550k) Nationality: American
VISA ($690k) Nationality: American
Mobil 1 ($530k) Nationality: American (Will sponsor a maximum of 3 teams)
Hewlett-Packard ($620k) Nationality: American
ABB ($630k) Nationality: Swiss
Denso ($620k) Nationality: Japanese (will only sponsor 2 teams who have a Toyota engine)
Castrol ($560k) Nationality: British (will sponsor a maximum of 2 teams)
DuPont ($510k) Nationality: American
Petrobras ($535k) Nationality: Brazilian (might pay more if team has Brazilian driver)
DIRECTV ($600k) Nationality: American
PlayStation ($690k) Nationality: Japanese (will sponsor a maximum of 2 teams)
Alpine ($520k) Nationality: Japanese
Corona Beer ($515k) Nationality: Mexican (no, I didn't put it there just for the lelz)
Telmex ($615k) Nationality: Mexican (will only sponsor 1 team who has a Mexican driver)
Calsonic ($480k) Nationality: Japanese
Sasol ($620k) Nationality: South African
Energizer ($545k) Nationality: American
ASUS Technology ($610k) Nationality: Taiwanese
Klein Tools ($600k) Nationality: American
Qantas ($625k) Nationality: Australian
Konica Minolta ($545k) Nationality: Japanese
Hugo Boss ($570k) Nationality: German
Coors Light ($540k) Nationality: American (Will sponsor a maximum of 2 teams)
Powerware ($500k) Nationality: American
Forgeline Wheels ($510k) Nationality: American
Johns Manville ($480k) Nationality: American
Dr. Pepper ($530k) Nationality: American
Samsung ($630k) Nationality: Korean
7-Eleven ($540k) Nationality: Japanese/American
Degree ($510k) Nationality: American
Cummins ($570k) Nationality: American
Avex Group($550k) Nationality:Japanese
Last edited by Shawn040217 on 09 Apr 2020, 02:10, edited 5 times in total.
FortiWinks

Post by FortiWinks »

Sponsor bids
Newman/Haas Racing
K-Mart
Texaco
VISA
Coca-Cola
Playstation
Hewlett-Packard

All-American Racers
Miller Lite
Motorola
7-Eleven
Denso
Dupont
Petrobras
Kinnikuniverse

Post by Kinnikuniverse »

Sponsor Bids

Team KOOL Green

KOOL cigarettes
Klein Tools
Calsonic
7-eleven
gillette
Mobil 1

Mo Nunn Racing
McDonald's (Main sponsor for car 1)
PlayStation
energizer
VISA
Denso
Pennzoil (Main sponsor for car 2)

EDIT: edited bids

EDIT 2: Edited bids again
Last edited by Kinnikuniverse on 27 Mar 2020, 11:10, edited 5 times in total.
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klon »

i shall be in control of Bettenhausen Racing.

Chassis: Eagle 997-B
Engine: Mercedes (Type IC108E) (application for works support)

Bettenhausen Racing requests that the series returns to its American roots and replaces one more road race with an oval, with the soon-to-be-opened Kentucky Speedway being an ideal venue for that event.

Primary Sponsors:
Alumax
Telefónica
Motorola

Secondary Sponsors:
Coca-Cola
Samsung
PlayStation

Edith asks whether we are allowed six applications for primary and secondary each or six for both combined?
Last edited by Klon on 21 Mar 2020, 13:05, edited 1 time in total.
Shawn040217

Post by Shawn040217 »

Hello there Bleu n' Klon! Will update accordingly!
As for Kentucky Speedway, CART will review the suggestion and potentially make a decision in due course, with one venue going, very likely a road course.
Shawn040217

Post by Shawn040217 »

Klon wrote:i shall be in control of Bettenhausen Racing.

Chassis: Eagle 997-B
Engine: Mercedes (Type IC108E) (application for works support)

Bettenhausen Racing requests that the series returns to its American roots and replaces one more road race with an oval, with the soon-to-be-opened Kentucky Speedway being an ideal venue for that event.

Primary Sponsors:
Alumax
Telefónica
Motorola
McDonald's
Red Bull
Herdez

Secondary Sponsors:
Coca-Cola
Samsung
PlayStation
Petrobras
Mobil 1
Qantas

Edith asks whether we are allowed six applications for primary and secondary each or six for both combined?

Six for both combined it is.
Kinnikuniverse

Post by Kinnikuniverse »

Klon wrote:)

I support the idea and suggest road atlanta to be replaced. both for the scheduled date, which I believe is ideal for Kentucky speedway to have a lot of prep time, and also because of the safety concerns that I previously mentioned.
Bleu

Post by Bleu »

Patrick Racing:
Texaco
K-Mart
Shell
Tecate
Hewlett-Packard
Dupont

PPI:
Visteon
Pioneer
Valvoline
Nextel
Gillette
ABB
Shawn040217

Post by Shawn040217 »

FortiWinks wrote:Sponsor bids
Newman/Haas Racing
K-Mart
Texaco
VISA
Coca-Cola
Playstation
Hewlett-Packard

All-American Racers
Miller Lite
Motorola
7-Eleven
Denso
Dupont
Petrobras

Bleu wrote:Patrick Racing:
Texaco
K-Mart
Shell
Tecate
Hewlett-Packard
Dupont

PPI:
Visteon
Pioneer
Valvoline
Nextel
Gillette
ABB

Sorry to bump in a tad, but for primary sponsors are you bidding for one primary sponsor per car or one primary sponsor for two cars for both teams? Thanks!
Shawn040217

Post by Shawn040217 »

Road Atlanta to be replaced by Kentucky due to safety concerns

Monday, 17 January- Racer.com understands that the Road Atlanta CART Challenge, originally slated to be the 13th round of the 2000 FedEx CART World Series, will be replaced by the Kentucky CART 300 at the newly-constructed Kentucky Motor Speedway, which is scheduled to open sometime in June this year.

The main reasons for Road Atlanta being dropped from the schedule stems from concerns over safety, primarily the steep crest coming after the T10-T11 chicane, leading straight into the super-quick T12 used regularly by sportscars. A couple of solutions were proposed, ranging from flattening the crest somewhat to inserting a temporary chicane after T11 to using the final, sharper corner of the Club Circuit with some widening works, but eventually none of this came to pass after Don Panoz, owner of the circuit and his cooperation failed to reach a final solution before CART's final track inspection.

Don commented,' Of course it is with great disappointment we will not be hosting the 2000 Road Atlanta CART Challenge, an event we were really looking forward to, the main reason being that we were unable to reach a final solution to improving the safety of the circuit within the specified timeframe. However, an appearance is not out of the question for the not too distant future and we look forward to working with CART sometime soon.'

Regarding Kentucky, a new type of runoff will be trialled for this year's race, replacing the traditional grass runoff used at normal speedways. This comes after Richie Hearn's and Greg Moore's serious crashes at Fontana last season, the latter critically injuring the Canadian for three weeks and giving him a damaged vertebrae, major head bruising and broken legs as a result. The new runoff consists of a special abrasive paint, similar to what is currently used at Paul Ricard, which includes a rubber compound in its makeup which acts as a high-friction surface rather stronger than tarmac, theoretically allowing painted runoff areas to be more effective at slowing cars down compared to dirt. Whether this new innovative proves to be a success remains to be seen come August 2.
FortiWinks

Post by FortiWinks »

Shawn040217 wrote:
FortiWinks wrote:Sponsor bids
Newman/Haas Racing
K-Mart
Texaco
VISA
Coca-Cola
Playstation
Hewlett-Packard

All-American Racers
Miller Lite
Motorola
7-Eleven
Denso
Dupont
Petrobras

Bleu wrote:Patrick Racing:
Texaco
K-Mart
Shell
Tecate
Hewlett-Packard
Dupont

PPI:
Visteon
Pioneer
Valvoline
Nextel
Gillette
ABB

Sorry to bump in a tad, but for primary sponsors are you bidding for one primary sponsor per car or one primary sponsor for two cars for both teams? Thanks!

If sponsor is available for two cars (K-Mart/Texaco) I’m bidding for both but if not (Miller Lite/Motorola) they are single car bids.
Bandon23

Post by Bandon23 »

Team Rahal
Sponsors:
Budweiser (Primary)
Red Bull (Primary)
Miller Lite (Primary)
Castrol (Secondary)
Hugo Boss (Secondary)
DIRECTV (Secondary)

Payton/Coyne Racing
Sponsors:
Pioneer (Primary)
Visteon (Primary)
MCI World Com (Primary)
Coors Light (Secondary)
ASUS Technology (Secondary)
Dr. Pepper (Secondary)
Bleu

Post by Bleu »

Shawn040217 wrote:

Primary sponsors A are for both cars. Primary sponsors B are for one car each.
RedEyes504

Post by RedEyes504 »

I'll take pacwest and Della Pena if they're both still free
Alexander Wurz is timeless and endless and eternal.
Gertrand Bachot

Post by Gertrand Bachot »

I'll have a swipe at Chip Ganassi Racing.
Shawn040217

Post by Shawn040217 »

Hop on board 'en, RedEyes n' Gertrand! Don't forget to submit your bids for engines and chassis, as well as sponsors!

Edit: With that, I guess I'll take the reins of Walker Racing.
Shawn040217

Post by Shawn040217 »

Walker Racing

Engines: 1) Mercedes Type IC108-F (works support)
2) Toyota Type RVA
Chassis: 1) Reynard 2KI (works support)
2) Eagle 997.b (works support)

Targeted Sponsors
Primary
1) Valvoline
2) Molson Brewery
Secondary
1) Sasol
2) ASUS Technology
3) Mobil 1
4) 7-Eleven
Gertrand Bachot

Chip Ganassi Racing
Engine (1): Mercedes IC108E (works)
Engine (2): Toyota RVA
Chassis (1): Reynard 2KI (works)
Chassis (2): Swift 011.a (works)

Sponsors
Primary sponsor: Target
Primary sponsor 2: Marlboro
Secondary sponsors: Coca-Cola, Panasonic, Fujifilm, Mobil 1

Hope all is kosher.
Dom_Wings

Post by Dom_Wings »

I'd like to take Forsythe, bids in due course
Join the GPR Discord server! https://discord.com/invite/6YDQ3aV
Dom_Wings

Post by Dom_Wings »

Forsythe Racing

Chassis:
Reynard 2KI (works)
Swift 011.a (works)

Engines:
Mercedes IC108E (works)
Ford XF (works)

Primary Sponsors A: Players
Primary Sponsors B: Red Bull, Molson
Secondary Sponsors: Indeck, PlayStation, VISA

Re Denso, they are partially owned by Toyota so if I were you I would probably only limit it to teams with Toyota engines :)
Shawn040217

Post by Shawn040217 »

Reject_Dom wrote:Forsythe Racing

Chassis:
Reynard 2KI (works)
Swift 011.a (works)

Engines:
Mercedes IC108E (works)
Ford XF (works)

Primary Sponsors A: Players
Primary Sponsors B: Red Bull, Molson
Secondary Sponsors: Indeck, PlayStation, VISA

Re Denso, they are partially owned by Toyota so if I were you I would probably only limit it to teams with Toyota engines :)

Hello there _Dom! Regarding Denso, I will change that.
So that leaves Penske and Hogan then.
Shawn040217

Post by Shawn040217 »

As we wait for the rest of the teams to be claimed and the engine/chassis/sponsor bids to be placed, here comes the most exciting part.....

[b]The Drivers[/b]
-All listed wages are for per year and are negotiable.
-The minimum wage for a paid driver is $700,000 a year.
-If a paid driver is sacked, be it before the start of the season, mid-season or before the end of the season, you must pay said driver one-fifth of his or her sign-on fee as compensation.
-Any offers made to a paid driver must be matching or close to his or her asking fee for said offer to be considered-remember that drivers may accept or reject your offers depending on the asking fee- don't be a cheapie and attempt to give Juan Pablo Montoya $769,000, $2.5 million would suffice for your offer to be accepted. Increasing the base salary improves your chances.
-Any failed previous negotiations are re-negotiable depending on whether your targeted driver has signed for another team or not.
-Each team can nominate up to three drivers for all or both seats.
-If you wish to replace a driver at any point during the season, in case you want to employ a paid driver you must pay said driver a minimum wage of $36,000 per race weekend.

As for pay drivers:
-They also have the option to reject your offers, especially if they reckon you are asking for too much money.
-Pay drivers can bring up to $ 1,500,000 per season. If you want to hire a pay driver during the season you receive a fraction of the full-season amount (for example Shigeaki Hattori brings in $350,000 a season and you hire him for three race weekends- $350,000×3/19 rounds= $55,000 rounded to the nearest thousand.)
-Unlike paid driver offers pay driver offers are non-negotiable unless specified otherwise.
- If you fire a pay driver, he or she will not demand any payment-so relax. However, you will lose their money for races they will not compete in. E.g. You hire Driver Matsushita for 1 year and they bring $200,000. If you then fire them after 4 races, you will lose $150,000 of their money.

-Remember, price isn't 100% representative of true ability. The descriptions for each driver may help somewhat.
-Drivers may threaten to leave on their own accord for whatever reason (poor car performance, intra-team arguments etc.).You can try to convince them to stay by giving them a wage bonus/install a car upgrade/etc, or simply let them go and pay the compensation fee.
-Drivers can be injured. Injury Severities are decided via RNG and range from 1%(nah, it'll buff out) to a maximum of 80%(badly injured and will miss a maximum of 10 rounds)
Warning: there's also the minute possibility of it reaching 90%, meaning either season-ending or even career-ending, so watch out.
-And of course, you can also approach drivers outside the list, but try to keep things sensible.
-You are required to post driver numbers for your bids (the numbers you select will be in place for the first five seasons). Any number between 2-99 is acceptable (any driver who becomes champion in one year can choose to use #1 for the following season or keep his/her existing number), and is on a first come first serve basis.

With that out of the way, start bidding and let the raffle begin!!

Juan Pablo Montoya (The wonderkid from '99, great speed and ability combined with unbelievable car control. Expect him to make a couple of mistakes here and there, but who cares when you've got CART's biggest hotshot on board?)($2.9 million)
Dario Franchitti (Lost out to JPM in a tiebreaker in '99, but still one of the biggest talents in the field. Superb on road/street courses.)($2.2 million)
Michael Andretti (One of the most experienced drivers in the field, demands a hefty salary. Wants to win one more title before hanging up the lid, but time's fast running out.)($2.8 million)
Paul Tracy($2.5 million) (Love or loathe him, the Thrill From West Hill is definitely a brilliant, exciting driver, if a hot-headed one. You decide.)
Max Papis ($1.4 million) (Rahal's hand-picked signing surpassed many's expectations last season, can he carry that into this year?)
Adrian Fernandez (pays $850k extra from Tecate) (Whaddaya mean? A pay driver that isn't shite, consistent and can contend for a title? Sounds too good to be true!! Well it's true.)
Christian Fittipaldi ($2.05 million) (The son of Emmo, Christian has a good turn of pace and is willing to push himself to the limit, even over it. Expect podiums, maybe wins, but probably not championships.)
Gil de Ferran ($1.7 million) (One of the most underrated drivers in the field, this guy is fast, consistent and can contend for championships with the right equipment. A potential steal.)
Jimmy Vasser ($2.3 million) (The '96 CART champ, Jimmy's got consistency, experience and speed in every avenue, but lacks that extra sparkle that Juan and Alex had through '97-99. Still a strong driver.)
Greg Moore ($ 1.8 million) (One of CART's biggest talents nearly lost his life at Fontana last year. Injuries will set him back, but he's ready to prove his talent once more after he's fully recuperated. Will miss the first five races.)
(Anyone wishing to hire Greg must hire a replacement driver(s) for the first five races.)
Tony Kanaan (£1.75 million) (One of the younger racers in the field, Tony wants a strong ride to really prove he is among the best out there. )
Bryan Herta (£1.8 million) (Used to be a great driver, and still is especially on road courses, but largely mediocre everywhere else.)
Patrick Carpentier ($1.3 million) (One of the kindest figures on the grid, Patrique is still searching for that first win, but nevertheless a talented quality for not a lot of cash.)
Roberto Moreno ($1.25 million) ( The epitome of an underdog, "Supersub" gained attention through his performances at Coyne, as well as at PacWest and Newman Haas last season, and wants a stable ride to really show his worth. An ideal fit for a smaller team wanting to a make a big impression.)
Helio Castroneves ($1.45 million) (Extracted the maximum out of the turdy Hogan-Lola combination in '99. Fast, well-regarded by many and a young prospect for the future.)
Mauricio Gugelmin (pays $700k from Hollywood sticks) (Still manages superb quali performances, but getting relatively long in the tooth. )
Cristiano da Matta ($1.1m) (Dismiss "Shorty" at your peril, this small bloke has big ambitious and the talent to realize them. Did very well with the excreble Arciero-Toyota pairing in '99, so things bode well for him.)
Al Unser Jr. ($1.75 million) (Personal problems as well as an addiction for the bottle have set Little Al back in recent times. Looking to move on to IRL, but perhaps a new environment might help him to rejuvenate his career.)
Richie Hearn (pays $740k extra from Budweiser) (Not going to set the world alight, just relatively average but not exactly terrible. Does better in races.)
Mark Blundell ($1.55 million) (Used to be a very capable proposition, but slowly slipping down. Time to look elsewhere?)
Jan Magnussen ($1.05 million) (1994 British F3 champion who did well subbing at Patrick in '99. Has the potential to be pretty good, but perhaps not as motivated to do so.)
Michel Jourdain Jr. (Pays $875k extra from Herdez) (Keeps improving year on year. Not exactly amazing, but not terribly pathetic. Can trouble the big dogs on occasion.)
Alex Barron ($950k) (Did alright in his appearances for AAR ,later maybe less so for Penske in '99, especially on the ovals. Could be a decent choice)(Prefers racing only on ovals.)
Memo Gidley ($975k) (Mechanic-turned racer did a decent job and mostly kept out of trouble in his camoes for Walker and Coyne in '99. Expected to finish races and do well in the process. CART's next big Amer/xican star?)
Dennis Vitolo (pays $650k) (Famous (or infamous) for turfing out Nigel Mansell under caution at Indy in 1994. Well, he does bring cash, but bring actual competence he does not.)
Tarso Marques (pays $450k) (F1 reject who was part of Penske's second car merry-go-round in '99. Doesn't pay a lot and below average so not really a sound choice.)
Robby Gordon ($1.15 million) (Five years ago, you were considered one of Indycar's biggest rising stars. Now you're little more than a recluse, what happened to you man?)
Luiz Garcia Jr (pays $500k) (Expect him to trundle around at the back, nothing much to say about him.)
Andrea Montermini(F1 reject whose CART tenure I could only remember through him sending Scott Pruett sideways in wet weather at Vancouver. Will bring cash, not totally incompetent.) (Pays $400k)

Top 6 drivers from Toyota Atlantics Championship 1999:

Anthony Lazarro ($1.15 million)
Lee Bentham ($ 1.25 million)
Andrew Bordin ($890k)
Kenny Wilden ($1.05 million)
Alex Tagliani ($1.45 million)
Buddy Rice ($890k)
Top 5 drivers from Indy Lights 1999:

Oriol Servia (pays $880k)
Casey Mears ($995k)
Philipp Peter ($760k)
Jonny Kane ($780k)
Scott Dixon ($850k)

Here's the list of 1999 below 1st -5th/6th in CART-ladder series or F3000/F1/Formula Nippon/IRL drivers interested in seeking a spot on the grid for 2000:
-You can offer these drivers any wage within the minimum limit.

Tom Kristensen (Danish sportscar ace notable for turning average machinery into race winners in F3000, and was four tenths faster than eventual signed driver Patrick Carpentier at Bettenhausen's driver shootout at Sebring in '96. Could he possibly take CART by storm?)
Tony Renna (IRL driver constantly dogged by bad luck, PacWest has shown interest in his services, and has the capacity and work ethic to improve over time.)
Tony Stewart (IRL champ, has a strong NASCAR ride in his pocket, but will consider any offers if they prove to be appealing enough.)
Kenny Brack ('99 IRL champion, now seeking a good ride to prove his talent. Oval pro.)
Nick Heidfeld (Narrowly won F3000 the previous season, and is tied to Mercedes. Has his eyes set on F1, so it's a long shot for him if he's to go Stateside.) (Would only drive on road courses.)
Jason Watt (2nd in F3000, injured in road accident which broke his legs, will struggle somewhat starting off but is still a talented prospect.) (Would miss the first two races)
Stephane Sarrazin (3rd in F3000, has ability to impress in different types of machinery. Only drives on road courses.) (Will pay.)
Bruno Juncqueira (Young, fast Brazilian in contention for a Williams 2000 seat. CART is a tempting proposition for him though.)
Max Wilson (Another Brazilian who was originally signed for Minardi in '99 but could not come up with the cash. 6th in F3000, would be quick, but is way too much of a crash magnet.) (Will pay)
Buddy Lazier ('96 Indy 500 winner, remains committed to Ron Hemelgarn, but maybe a good salary may be enough to change his mind. Oval pro)
Jorg Muller (BMW sportscar ace and F1 tester for their engines. Still remains committed to the F1 dream, but tested alongside Kristensen at Bettenhausen at '96, so not entirely implausible.)
Felipe Giaffone (Tutored by none other than three-time F1 champ Nelson Piquet Sr. Would be pretty quick, if somewhat unreliable.)
Jason Bright ( Coming off the back of a decent first two seasons in V8 Supercars, Bright is looking to further his career in America. Would prefer starting off in Lights, but does not rule out stepping straight into the big time)
Sarah Fisher (A hard-working n' charging woman racer would be brilliant publicity for CART. Contracted to Walker for IRL, could Walker have different options for her though?)
Jenson Button (Karting and Formula Ford sensation is locked in contention for a Williams 2000 seat, but like Juncqueira does not rule out CART as a backup option.)
Jacques Villeneuve (Yes, the BAR '99 machine was reject material, but Jacques is still hugely confident in what's definitely a multi-year plan for success. Perhaps a good enough offer might tempt him back to the place where he first burst onto the scene?)
Alex Zanardi (Williams 1999 was one to truly forget for Alex. Perhaps a return to his former stomping ground would help him to rekindle his speed once more.)
Tora Takagi (A dismal '99 season with Arrows has left him shopping for a ride. Decently fast, but 'consistent' and 'reliable' aren't words in his vocabulary.) (Will pay)
Tom Coronel (Clinched the Formula Nippon title, currently looking for an F1 testing role. Has good links with Honda, could CART serve as a backup?) (Will only drive on road courses) (Will pay)
Satoshi Motoyama(2nd in Formula Nippon 1999, could he be Japan's next big thing?)
Nicolas Minassian (had a breakout year in F3000 in '99, with a victory at Silverstone, could be a pretty decent prospect.)
Alex Yoong (government-sponsored Malaysian who's done little in British F3 and the less said about F3000 the better. Expect him to prop up the rear.) (Will pay (a lot))
Sam Hornish Jr (having finished 7th in Atlantics, Hornish is looking to advance to IRL, but maybe a solid pay might sway him. Great on ovals, less so everywhere else.)
Tomas Enge (had an up-and-down year with WRT in F3000 and tested for Jordan, not too exciting.) (Only drives on road courses)(Will pay)
Last edited by Shawn040217 on 03 Apr 2020, 14:30, edited 1 time in total.
FortiWinks

Post by FortiWinks »

Newman/Haas Racing
Car #6
Michael Andretti - $2.8 million
Gil de Ferran - $1.8 million
Hélio Castronevers - $1.5 million

Car #11
Olivier Panis - $2.5 million
Christian Fittpaldi - $2.05 million
Alex Zanardi - $1.5 million

All American Racers
Car #36
Casey Mears - $1 million
Max Wilson - PD
Scott Dixon - $850k

Car #98
Bryan Herta - $1.8 million
Robby Gordon - $1.15 million
Sarah Fisher - $800k
Shawn040217

Post by Shawn040217 »

Walker Racing would like to offer seats to the following drivers:
Car #5
1) Hello Castroneves (BRA) ($2.05 million)
2) Jenson Button (GB) ($1.75 million) (I know, but it's worth a shot)
3) Memo Gidley (MEX)/(USA) ($1.55 million plus some tortillas and chalupas)

For those interested in signing up for the series (and there are two decent teams still remaining) you have until March 30, 12:00 GMT to do so. If the teams are still unclaimed once the time limit expires, I shall babysit them until someone wants to take over them. As for chassis/engine/sponsors you have until April 5 to place your bids. There's no time limit for drivers, so take your time in that department.
And with that, I wholeheartedly thank you guys for your interest in the series!! :)
Last edited by Shawn040217 on 27 Mar 2020, 15:16, edited 2 times in total.
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klon »

Just so people don't think I have gone AWOL, because of the nature of my sponsorship bids, I will not be able to make driver offers before the fate of sponsorship has been determined. Thank you for your understanding. :)
Shawn040217

Post by Shawn040217 »

Klon wrote:Just so people don't think I have gone AWOL, because of the nature of my sponsorship bids, I will not be able to make driver offers before the fate of sponsorship has been determined. Thank you for your understanding. :)

All good mate. Perhaps I'm just rushing it wayyy too much hehe, I just can't wait to get this started :D
Kinnikuniverse

Post by Kinnikuniverse »

Team Green:

DRIVER 1
-Dario Franchitti 2.80 million $
- Jacques Villeneuve 4 million $
- Greg Moore 2.40 Million $

DRIVER 2
- Tony Stewart 2.70 million $
- Paul Tracy 2.65 million $
- Tony kanaan 2.65 million $

Mo Nunn Racing

DRIVER 1
- Tony kanaan 2.50 million $
- Alex Zanardi 2 million $
- Bryan Herta 1.8 million $

DRIVER 2
- Bruno Junqueira 1.5 million $
- Sarah Fisher 1 million $
- Sam Hornish Jr. 1 million $
RedEyes504

Post by RedEyes504 »

Pacwest

Chassis
Reynard 2KI
Swift 011.a
Lola B2K/00

Engines
Honda
Mercedes

Sponsors
Marlboro
Miller Lite
McDonald's
Red Bull
Playstation
Samsung

Driver 1
Cristiano da Matta $1,100,000
Jan Magnussen $1,050,000
Roberto Moreno $1,250,000

Driver 2
Kenny Brack $1,100,000
Scott Dixon $850,000
Max Wilson Pay

Della Pena
Chassis
Reynard 2KI
Swift 011.a
Eagle 997-b

Engines
Honda
Toyota

Sponsors
Miller Lite
Valvoline
Pioneer
Molson Brewery
VISA
Corona Beer

Driver
Mauricio Gugelmin Pay
Max Wilson Pay
Alex Yoong Pay
Alexander Wurz is timeless and endless and eternal.
Dom_Wings

Post by Dom_Wings »

Forsythe Racing

In order of preference

Car #32 / #99 (if Moore is signed) / #33 (if Tracy is signed)
Greg Moore - $2.2m
Paul Tracy - $2.5m
Cristiano da Matta - $1.5m

Car #33 (#32 if Tracy signs in the other car)
Kenny Brack - $1.6m
Patrick Carpentier - $1.5m
Alex Tagliani - $1.4m

Also, if Moore is signed, here are the replacement drivers - they would run car #32 until Moore returns:
Tom Kristensen - $60k per race
Alex Tagliani (applies only if Brack or Carpentier sign) - $50k per race
Felipe Giaffone - $45k per race
Last edited by Dom_Wings on 27 Mar 2020, 15:51, edited 2 times in total.
Bandon23

Post by Bandon23 »

Team Rahal
Car #7
Jimmy Vasser - 2.4 mil
Gil de Ferran - 2 mil
Robby Gordon - 1.75 mil

Car #8
Gil de Ferran - 2 mil
Max Papis - 1.7 mil
Tom Kristensen - 1.5 mil

Payton/Coyne Racing
Car #19
Alex Zanardi - 1.8 mil
Oriol Servia - Pay
Lee Bentham - 1.4 mil

Car #34
Roberto Moreno - 1.6 mil
Lee Bentham - 1.4 mil
Memo Gidley - 1 mil
Gertrand Bachot

Ganassi driver bids

Car #4/#1 if Montoya is signed
Juan Pablo Montoya - $2.9 million
Paul Tracy - $2.5 million
Alex Zanardi - $2.5 million

Car #12
Gil de Ferran - $1.7 million
Tony Kanaan - $1.75 million
Patrick Carpentier - $1.3 million
Gonzalez

Post by Gonzalez »

Since they're the only team available and having managed CART at a previous non canon Cart season i'll intend to take over Penske and it's Hogan

Penske driver bids

Car #2
Paul Tracy - $3.2 million
Gil De Ferran - 3.0 Million

Car #3
Greg Moore - 2.8 Million
Helio Castroneves - 2.8 Million
Gil De Ferran - 2.8 Million

Hogan Driver Bid:

Christian Fittipaldi - 2.0 Million
Raul Boesel - 2.0 Million

Both Teams would intend to supply both Chassis Reynard 2KI however failing that, both will be Lola's instead.
Penske's Engine will be a Honda (Type HR-0) whilst Hogan's will be a Toyota (Type RVA)

Penske Sponsors: Marlboro and Mcdonald's
Hogan Sponsors: Marlboro and Denso

One question is that if Penske dosen't supply their own chassis at this time, it wouldn't be possible for Hogan Racing to return to partner with Penske?
Last edited by Gonzalez on 02 Apr 2020, 18:09, edited 3 times in total.
Bleu

Post by Bleu »

Patrick Racing
Gil de Ferran 2.2M
Tony Kanaan 2M
Max Papis 1.6M
Patrick Carpentier 1.5M
Robby Gordon 1.2M
Memo Gidley 1M

PPI Motorsport
Roberto Moreno 1.4M
Patrick Carpentier 1.5M
Oriol Servia 900k
Kenny Bräck 1M
Alex Barron 600k for ovals only + Nick Heidfeld 600k for road courses only

If the second offer for #97 is somewhat wrong, I will change it.