BTCC 2001 - _gg_, chassis plans please

The place for non-canon series, including all series that contain minimal or no references at all to the RWRS universe
takagi_for_the_win

BTCC 2001 - _gg_, chassis plans please

Post by takagi_for_the_win »

As 1999 became 2000, it became apparent that the BTCC needed a shot in the arm if it were to survive the new millennium. Having become a big business in the 1990's thanks to the simple joys of the two litre formula that became known as Super Touring, the very manufacturers who made the sport a big business were in the process of killing it as they recoiled in horror at the rising costs they themselves had instigated. As the 1990's progressed, the sport went from 10 manufacturers at its peak down to a mere 3 in 2000, with only 2 privateer entries able to bolster the ranks of the sport alongside the hideously outpaced Class B entrants. Having swept in to save the series from the firebreathing Group A cars and the multi-class system in the late 80's, the irony was that the Super Tourers themselves had become the firebreathing cars that necessitated a multi-class system which was strangling the sport.

A change in direction was drastically needed. Many suggestions were put forward - Andy Rouse put forward a silhouette series known as Superstars, an altered version of the mild Group N cars was put forward, but in this universe the formula settled on was a low cost formula that drew inspiration from the original Super Tourers themselves. The cars are limited to 2 litres and 280bhp, and in order to save costs for the first year engine production has been outsourced to Swindon Powertrains - once the financial health of the series has recovered, teams will be free to develop their own engines but for 2001 spec engines are the order of the day. A number of other spec parts have been specified in order to cut down on costs, while aerodynamics have been vastly simplified in hopes of returning to the close racing that made the series so popular in the previous decade.

Team Owners
West Surrey Racing - Dom
Triple Eight Racing - Peteroli34
Vic Lee Racing - _gg_
JS Motorsport - Bleu
ABG Motorsport - kinnikuniverse
Prodrive - Shawn040217
Team PSP - Rob Dylan
Pro Motorsport -
Team Dynamics - Herrmann95
Gary Ayles Motorsport - TCBY
Bintcliffe Sport Racing -
Barwell Motorsport - Aislabie
RJN Motorsport -
GR Motorsport - CarloSpace
Synchro Motorsport -
John Batchelor Racing - Frogfoot

Spreadsheet with all the deets for you lovely lot.

For this first season, teams are going to either build their own chassis, or sweet-talk another team into selling one to them. I'm simming other series' that have theoretically also adopted these rules in the background (I like to think pretty similar to how Football Manager deals with those leagues you can't be bothered loading but still trundle on in the background) so from next year you'll be able to buy second-hand cars, but this year everyone's on their own on that front.

Chassis tiers are given in the spreadsheet, so that aspect should be fairly self-explanatory. When constructing multiple chassis' in one go, economies of scale mean that each chassis is 5% cheaper than the last. For example, constructing one Tier A chassis would cost £180,000 whereas two Tier A chassis' would cost £351,000 (£180,000 + (£180,000*0.95)) and so on.. Upgrades are posted in a separate tab - as in the BTCC teams often run the same car over multiple seasons, I have intended to increase the amount of upgrades to reflect this, allowing teams to have a year old car (for example) yet still have reasonable scope for upgrades. As with a lot of things in this series, I may tinker depending on effectiveness, but whenever tinkering is taking place it will be communicated clearly in advance.

In the "Car List" sheet there is, funnily enough, a list of cars. These are the cars that I, your loving God, have seen fit to homologate. I've taken the odd liberty with model introduction dates for 2001 (looking at you, Proton Impian and MG ZS), but everything else is kosher. No more cars are to be added for the list for 2001. This sheet also contains the list of manufacturers that are committed to BTCC for 2001, how much financial benefit they provide, and what they look for in terms of driver signing (more on that later). There is also a list of manufacturers who could well be tempted to run a works BTCC outfit; the odds mightn't be great on tempting them in for 2001, but should a customer team build a, say, Alfa 147 and run competently, said manufacturer might look more favourably upon backing them in 2002 and beyond. Cars that have been assigned to manufacturer entries (Astra Coupe, 406 Coupe, Impian, and ZS) aren't available to be built by privateer teams. That is, ABG Motorsport can't build themselves a 406 Coupe for example.

Finally, in the Drivers List sheet, we have a list of drivers. Who would've thought it? This isn't a conclusive list of drivers naturally, more a list of who competed irl in 2001, plus 2000 and the odd smattering of other drivers. If you can realistically think of any suitable drivers not on the list, by all means bid for them. Each driver has been assigned a tier as well - these are very rough, but we'll go with it. Platinum drivers are big names within the series, the kind who hold a lot of sway in the paddock and out of it. Manufacturers will do well to hire these big names, given the marketability that comes with them. Gold drivers are very competent drivers in their own right, and these drivers tend to be either drivers who have made their mark in other series and want to crack tin-tops, or drivers who are mainstays in touring cars without being glamourous. Both Gold and Platinum drivers fully expect to be salaried, and will probably laugh in your face if you ask them to pay their way. Silver drivers are competent drivers, who are unproven at this level. They can bring a bit of sponsorship, the exact amount to be determined by RNG once all bids are collated, but should you choose to offer them a salary (deducted from sponsorship) they'd look very favourably on your bids. Finally, we have the Bronze drivers. These are the gentlemen of the sport, looking to invest some of their own money into their fun little hobby. They expect no salary, and are happy to pay the big bucks for pretty much anything. Once again, the exact amount will be subject to RNG should it be given as a range in the sheet.

If anyone has any questions (I really feel like I'm forgetting many things here), feel free to give me a shout! Otherwise, feel free to start signing up for teams!
Last edited by takagi_for_the_win on 14 Apr 2021, 16:23, edited 12 times in total.
TORA! TORA! TORA!
takagi_for_the_win

Re: BTCC 2001 - The Revival

The first thing prospective team owners need to action first of all is the future of the series:

Proposal One - Remove Success Ballast
Last year, success ballast was introduced to try and handicap the faster entries. As we enter a new formula with closer matched cars, we hope to get rid of this. However, to maintain transparency, it shall be put up for the teams to vote on (1 vote per team, 3 votes for moi), with only a majority required. Teams can vote to remove success ballast or keep success ballast

Success ballast is good for small teams who mightn't be able to keep up with the faster teams on merit, and the TV audience who like to see closer racing
Success ballast is bad for the larger teams with faster cars, as it essentially punishes success.

Proposal Two - change the race format to three sprint races
The BTCC has had a two race per weekend format for several years now, with the Feature race being introduced in 1998 with mandatory pit-stops. To reduce costs, mandatory stops have been scrapped regardless of this vote. However, it is put before the teams to change the weekend format to have three shorter races of equal length, as opposed to two medium length races of equal length.

Good for smaller teams who might be able to hang on for better positions in shorter races, TV audiences who get to see more close action, and more races for attending fans
Bad for larger teams, who lose the opportunities to pull away that would be present in longer races

As the TV deal with the BBC expires at the end of 2001, the choices made here may impact the attractiveness of the series to any companies looking to purchase the TV rights. This could have the effect of either increasing the money on offer to teams, or reducing it, depending on the attractiveness of the series to potential broadcasters.
TORA! TORA! TORA!
Aislabie

Post by Aislabie »

Barwell Motorsports please

And we are AGAINST removing success ballast, but also AGAINST the three sprint races
Shawn040217

Post by Shawn040217 »

I would like to take Prodrive.

We would be in favour of success ballast, whilst being against three sprint events - two will suffice.
Peteroli34

Post by Peteroli34 »

I shall take 888

Proposal
1. Remove Ballast
2. Against 3 races
Dom_Wings

Post by Dom_Wings »

I will take West Surrey Racing.

We would like to remove success ballast, and also vote against the 3 sprint races.
Join the GPR Discord server! https://discord.com/invite/6YDQ3aV
_gg_

Post by _gg_ »

I would like to take Vic Lee Racing.

Also, I'm keep success ballast and against three sprint races.
Hermann95
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Hermann95 »

I would like to take control of Team Dynamics.

We want the ballast removed and vote against the 3 sprint races.
This Could Be You

Post by This Could Be You »

I'll take GA Motorsport, and will vote nay on both proposals
Your Signature Here

Named after HRT, now on HRT
Bleu

Post by Bleu »

I'll take JS Motorsport

Keep success ballast, against three races per weekend.

For the ballast I think this old DTM system was good.
All values are kg.
Win +15
2nd +12
3rd + 9
4th +6
5th +3
6th no change
7th -3
8th -6
9th -9
10th -12
11th or lower -15

No success ballast added or removed during the weekend. Maximum ballast 50 kg.
Kinnikuniverse

Post by Kinnikuniverse »

I'll take ABG motorsports.

No ballast, no three race weekends.
Frogfoot9013

Post by Frogfoot9013 »

May I take control of John Batchelor Racing?
James Hunt, commentating on the 1991 German Grand Prix wrote:The Benettons looking very smart together on the track, mostly because they're both going so slowly.
takagi_for_the_win

Frogfoot9013 wrote:May I take control of John Batchelor Racing?

You certainly may.

I'm going to start progressing this either this evening or (more likely) tomorrow but as per rl BTCC entries can be made pretty much whenever :P
TORA! TORA! TORA!
takagi_for_the_win

Righty ladies and gents, now that we've a decent amount of teams signed up for 2001 I think it's time to start progressing with the season. The first course of action is to tally the votes for the two motions put to teams in pre-season. As outlined in the pre-season, all teams have 1 vote of equal weighting each, with the governing body having one vote per motion with three times the weight of the teams' votes.

Motion 1 - Remove Success Ballast

For - TOCA, Triple 8, WSR, Team Dynamics, ABG Motorsport 7 votes
Against - Barwell, Prodrive, VLR, GA Motorsport, JS Motorsport 5 votes
Abstain - John Batchelor 1 vote

For the 2001 season, success ballast will be removed from the sporting regulations.

Motion 2 - Increase the amount of races per meeting to 3

For - TOCA 3 votes
Against - Barwell, Prodrive, Triple 8, WSR, Team Dynamics, GA Motorsport, JS Motorsport, ABG Motorsport 8 votes
Abstain - John Batchelor 1 vote

For the 2001 season going forward, race meetings will be kept to two races per weekend.

- - -

The next step in pre-season is two-fold. Manufacturers looking to enter the series need to be wooed by the teams and drivers need to be signed.

Vis a vis the first point, as per the spreadsheet, Vauxhall have renewed their partnership with Triple 8 ahead of this season and Peugeot have renewed theirs with Vic Lee Racing. Due to the delayed launch of the Impian, Proton have delayed their entry until 2002. This leaves Jaguar and MG as two manufacturers looking to enter the BTCC with a suitable partner, with a handful of other manufacturers listed on the "Car List" tab of the spreadsheet contemplating entering.

Teams without works connections already (everyone bar Triple 8 and Vic Lee Racing) can get in contact with one of these manufacturers to try and win the contract to run their cars in the BTCC. As Jaguar and MG have already committed, the financial aspect of their contribution is already known; for the manufacturers that are merely contemplating it, this will be subject to RNG. Also, as the manufacturers contemplating entry are merely contemplating it, it's entirely up to RNG as to whether or not they even commit to entering in the first place.

Any team wishing to apply for manufacturer backing must do so by 16:00 BST 31st March using the following format -
Team Name:
Manufacturer preference #1:
Manufacturer preference #2:

Regarding driver signings, this is an open free for all. Obviously Triple 8 and VLR have their budgets in place, so can proceed at full pace, but teams that are applying for works backing will have circumstances change, so I'll keep these open for change until Friday. In the "Drivers" tab in the spreadsheet, there's a sample of drivers from rl 2000 and 2001 BTCC, with ballpark salary demands and a "tier". Manufacturers may expect drivers of a certain tier, so if you're applying for works backing it might be worth holding fire til your plans are set in stone for the year ahead. Drivers not in the list can be bidded for naturally, but try and keep it realistic :P

Sneaky little edit here, I've added in a cover sheet in the spreadsheet containing all teams, the controlling user, and updated budgets etc. Should make life that bit easier!

TLDR; post which two manufacturers you wish to win the contract for, start thinking about driver bids

Once again, any questions either whack them in here or drop me a line on Discord.
TORA! TORA! TORA!
takagi_for_the_win

takagi_for_the_win wrote:Due to the delayed launch of the Impian, Proton have delayed their entry until 2002.

Just to spite me, Rob Dylan has taken the reins of Team PSP and is in charge of the works Proton team for the forseeable :P
TORA! TORA! TORA!
Kinnikuniverse

Re: BTCC 2001 - Stuff to do inside!

Post by Kinnikuniverse »

Team Name: ABG Motorsports
Manufacturer preference #1: Honda
Manufacturer preference #2: Alfa Romeo
Last edited by Kinnikuniverse on 29 Mar 2021, 15:57, edited 1 time in total.
Shawn040217

Post by Shawn040217 »

Team : Prodrive
Manufacturer Preference 1: BMW 3-Series

Manufacturer Preference 2: Honda Accord
Rob Dylan

Post by Rob Dylan »

takagi_for_the_win wrote:
takagi_for_the_win wrote:Due to the delayed launch of the Impian, Proton have delayed their entry until 2002.

Just to spite me, Rob Dylan has taken the reins of Team PSP and is in charge of the works Proton team for the forseeable :P
Image"and his name is ROB DYLAN!"

All right all right all right, I don't know anything about Touring Cars, never watched it, but my number 1 priority driver will be Damon Hill OBE please. Second, Nigel Mansell. Thank you for your time.
Murray Walker at the 1997 Austrian Grand Prix wrote:The other [Stewart] driver, who nobody's been paying attention to, because he's disappointing, is Jan Magnussen.
Felipe Nasr - the least forgettable F1 driver!
Hermann95
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Hermann95 »

Team Name: Team Dynamics
Manufacturer preference #1: Jaguar
Manufacturer preference #2: Volkswagen
takagi_for_the_win

This is my comeuppance for trying to juggle this with work :P

Re the works bids, only the manufacturer name is needed. Should you obtain their backing, you'll be at their behest with regards to what car you'll be running.

I've also had a few questions about drivers on the chat, so thought I'd try and clarify everything here.

Platinum and Gold drivers are after salaried drives; the figures given in the spreadsheet are a ballpark. If, like a certain Malaysian manufacturer, you've decided to wing it and go for two former F1 Champions who aren't on the list, you're going to have to determine a decent salary using the sheet as a guideline. For example, if you wanted a former Italian touring car champion, anything around 100k would probably be a solid offer. If you wanted to try and inexplicably poach an F1 driver, chances are you'd need to significantly up that offer. The long and short of this is that Rob, you're going to have to come up with a salary for Nigel and Damon to consider :P

Silver drivers bring a small amount of sponsorship. Due to the nature of these lads rustling around last minute to try and put deals together, the true amount of their backing won't be revealed until the RNG's begin. You can offer them a salary, which is deducted directly from the sponsorship backing, if you want to swing the odds in your favour a bit, but it isn't necessary.

Bronze drivers are essentially club level racers who have decided that instead of spending a little bit of money to run at the back in the lower series, they may as well spend a bit more to run at the back in the BTCC. These people don't care for salaried drives - you can certainly offer them, but it won't affect your chances of signing them. The amount in the spreadsheet is the bare minimum they'll bring - you can request them to bring more, but it may affect your chances of signing them ever so slightly.

Also, for this season (because I have a small ball of sawdust where my brain once resided and I can't juggle lots of things at once), all driver contracts are one year in length unless you're putting together a race by race deal. Multi-year contracts will be introduced hopefully for 2002, but all contracts are just for 2001 for the time being.
TORA! TORA! TORA!
_gg_

Post by _gg_ »

VLR offers two seats for Alain Menu and Jason Plato. If they reject, we will offer Rickard Rydell or Yvan Muller.

Yes, we will run above average cars.
Aislabie

Post by Aislabie »

Team Name: Barwell Motorports
Manufacturer preference #1: Alfa Romeo
Manufacturer preference #2: Honda

If we get works Alfa status, assuming they pay us 300k, our bids are as follows:
Image Fabrizio Giovinardi (100k)
Image Gabriele Tarquini (100k)
Chassis tier: A

If we get works Honda status, assuming they pay us 150k, our bids are as follows:
Image Toshio Suzuki (60k)
Image Mark Hynes (30k)
Chassis tier: C

If we get neither, then we'll go with MG customer cars and sign the following:
Image Mark Hynes (30k)
Image Colin White (the stock car guy) (please bring 50k)
Chassis tier: E

If we're not allowed to go into debt I guess I'll need to edit these again
Last edited by Aislabie on 31 Mar 2021, 13:56, edited 4 times in total.
Dom_Wings

Post by Dom_Wings »

Team Name: West Surrey Racing
Manufacturer preference #1: Jaguar
Manufacturer preference #2: BMW

Driver bids to come after we know what cars they will drive in the first place.
CarloSpace
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by CarloSpace »

I'm interested in taking over GR Motorsport

Team Name: GR Motorsport
Manufacturer preference #1: Seat
Manufacturer preference #2: Alfa Romeo
takagi_for_the_win

Happy days, we'll have more actual touring cars than RL 2001 BTCC had at this rate!

I've added in a wee sheet into the spreadsheet (learning on the job here :P ) outlining who's put themselves forward for which manufacturers, which should allow ye to see which manufacturers are in demand, and which might be an easy contract.

I want to run the RNGs for the manufacturers this evening, so if you could have your plans finalised by 4pm BST today please.
TORA! TORA! TORA!
This Could Be You

Re: BTCC 2001 - Manufacturer bid deadline 16:00 BST 31/3

Team Name: GA Motorsport
Manufacturer pref. #1: Lexus
Manufacturer pref; #2: MG
Your Signature Here

Named after HRT, now on HRT
takagi_for_the_win

Re: BTCC 2001 - Manufacturer bid deadline 16:00 BST 31/3

Just to keep things going at a decent pace, here we are with the manufacturers RNGs!

First up out the blocks is BMW. The Bavarian outfit were iffy about rejoining the series they left in 1996, but with two of the bigger names in the sport in Prodrive and West Surrey Racing trying to woo them, they've become slightly more amenable to returing.

1-100 - Decline the advances of Dave Richards and Dick Bennetts and stay in Bavaria.
51-80 - Take one look at how Prodrive swept the floor with everyone last year, and give them the keys to the 3-Series.
81-100 - There's just something about a WSR BMW, no one in 2001 can quite work it out but everyone agrees that it would be a good fit. BMW are also reasonably impressed with WSR's work with Honda at the tail end of the 90's.

90! BMW give the matter a lot of serious consideration before deciding to go with Dick Bennett's band of merry men. Now for how much moolah they're willing to throw at the operation.

1-25 - Money doesn't grow on trees, you're only getting 150k.
26-75 - 300k should cover a decent chunk of expenses, no?
76-100 - If we're throwing millions upon millions at F1, surely we can stretch ourselves to 400k for our crack team?

86! Not only have WSR landed themselves a factory BMW contract, they've also come into the money big time!

Next up is Jaguar. They're entering their new X-Type, and surprisingly have only one team tendering the contract for them - Team Dynamics. The family run outfit, having established themselves as a very competent outfit with their privateer Nissans, celebrate their first works contract.

Next in the crosshairs is Seat. Volkswagen were allegedly in the crosshairs of Team Dynamics, but their Jaguar contract meant that the BTCC Bora fell through, allowing the possibility of Seat entering the championship for the first time. The only team tendering a contract for them is GR Motorsport. The Shropshire based outfit have established themselves as a decent NSCC outfit, but giving them the reigns of a works outfit would be a gamble.

1-85 - Seat stay in Spain
86-100 - Seat saunter to Shropshire

31! There's a bit of consideration from the powers that be, but they decide that putting their attempts to push the brand in a more sporty direction in the hands of an outfit that have never competed at this level before isn't the best idea.

Next up we have Lexus. Once again, they've only got the one team trying to woo them, and that's GA Motorsport. Lexus would look to be associated with figures more exciting than Alan Partridge, but is Gary Ayles' small outfit the right fit?

1-85 - Sorry Gary
86-100 - Hello Gary

42! There is a modicum of discussion there, but similar to Seat the powers that be decide that putting their brand name in the hands of such a small team represents a gamble they're unwilling to take.

This moves us swiftly onto GA Motorsport's second bid, MG. The famous brand had made bold proclamations about returning to the sport with their new ZS, but with the only team to show any interest being a small outfit with no experience at the top level, and one who preferred another brand to boot, there's a lot of reticence about competing in 2001 now.

1-90 - In a disappointing about turn, MG push back their entry to 2002.
91-100 - MG, say hi to GA.

83! Once again, there's a lot of discussion, and GA very nearly land a plum deal. Ultimately though it falls through, and MG decide to delay their entry for another year.

Honda are up next, and they've many suitors at this point. Prodrive, ABG Motorsport, and Barwell have all thrown their hats into the ring, but it's not even a given that Honda will continue to throw money at a series that has rewarded them very little.

1-40 - Decide to take a hiatus from the series.
41-50 - Take a punt of GT racing convertees, ABG
51-95 - Return to Prodrive, who have learnt a lot and become title winners since their divorce in the late 90s/
96-100 - Go utterly left-field, and go with Mark Lemmer's men.

70! It seemed so obvious, Honda and Prodrive reunite. Now for how much funding they'll get.

1-60 - They've thrown good money after bad at this series with little success, just 150k for you.
61-100 - Yes, but Prodrive have proven that they're winners given the right backing. 300k.

11! Prodrive have earned themselves the Honda works deal, but it's no money spinner.

Finally, we have Alfa Romeo. The famous Italian marque was much coveted and had intentions of a works team but new partners GM politely reminded them that GM themselves had a horse in the race. Alfa's enthusiasm was further cooled when the only teams offering to run the cars were Barwell, ABG, and GA

1-88 - Stay in GM's good books.
89-92 - Anyone have Mark Lemmer's number?
93-96 - ABG, here we come!
97-100 - Who needs GM when we have GA?

74! There is a modicum of interest, but prudential behaviour wins through. Alfa elect not to enter a works team in the BTCC for 2001.

Budgets have now been updated in the spreadsheet. We can now move onto the next stage - driver bids!

Teams can run as many cars as they want, from 1 to as many as the budget will stretch to, so knock yourselves out. Please use the following template when posting bids, and use the driver list in the spreadsheet as a guide (in order of preference obviously :P )

Chassis 1
Driver name
Salary

Driver name
Salary

Driver name
Salary

Driver name
Salary

Chassis 2 (if applicable)
Driver name
Salary

Driver name
Salary

Driver name
Salary

Driver name
Salary

Driver name
Salary

Chassis 3 (if applicable)
Driver name
Salary

Driver name
Salary

Driver name
Salary

Driver name
Salary

Driver name
Salary

Driver name
Salary

...and so on.

Once again, any questions just pop them in here or DM me on the Discord :P
TORA! TORA! TORA!
_gg_

Re: BTCC 2001 - works teams announced, driver bids pls pls

Post by _gg_ »

VLR

Chassis 1

- Alain Menu (first option)

- Rickard Rydell (second option)

Chassis 2

- Jason Plato (first option)

- Yvan Muller (second option)
Peteroli34

Post by Peteroli34 »

Triple 8 Bids

Chassis: V2001-001
1. Laurent Aiello - 110K
2. Vincent Radermacker - 60K

Chassis: V2001-002
1. Jason Plato: 100K
2, James Thompson: 100K

Chassis: V2001-003
1. Alain Menu: 120K
2. Yvan Muller 100K

Chassis: V2001-004
1. Toni Ruokonen (30K)
2. Tommy Erdos (30K)
Last edited by Peteroli34 on 02 Apr 2021, 16:45, edited 1 time in total.
Kinnikuniverse

Post by Kinnikuniverse »

What does it mean when a manufacturer refuses you? Do i have to bid for another manufacturer?
Bleu

Post by Bleu »

JS Motorsport plans to build one C tier car.

Driver bidding:

Kelvin Burt
45 000
Colin Turkington
35 000
Phil Bennett
30 000
takagi_for_the_win

Kinnikuniverse wrote:What does it mean when a manufacturer refuses you? Do i have to bid for another manufacturer?

Quite simply, if you're not a works team then you have carte blanche when it comes to picking what car you want to use, but you don't get the megabucks cash injection that comes with being a works team.
TORA! TORA! TORA!
Shawn040217

Post by Shawn040217 »

Team: Prodrive

Driver Bids
Car 1
#5 - Alain Menu - £115,000
- Yvan Muller - £110,000

Car 2
#55 - Darren Turner - £90,000
- Matt Neal - £70,000
Rob Dylan

Post by Rob Dylan »

TeamPSP
The car will be called the PSPC1

Chassis 1: A-Tier, using the number #2.
Image Anthony Reid

Image Simon Harrison
50k, we'll offer a little more than is advertised.

Chassis 2: A-Tier, using the number #10
Image Roger Moen
30k (20k-50k sponsorship)

Image Dan Eaves
30k (80k sponsorship)

From my own maths calculations, even if we get all the most expensive options we are still up 9k
Murray Walker at the 1997 Austrian Grand Prix wrote:The other [Stewart] driver, who nobody's been paying attention to, because he's disappointing, is Jan Magnussen.
Felipe Nasr - the least forgettable F1 driver!
Kinnikuniverse

Post by Kinnikuniverse »

takagi_for_the_win wrote:
Kinnikuniverse wrote:What does it mean when a manufacturer refuses you? Do i have to bid for another manufacturer?

Quite simply, if you're not a works team then you have carte blanche when it comes to picking what car you want to use, but you don't get the megabucks cash injection that comes with being a works team.

Ah ok thank you.

Team: ABG Motorsports
Car: Alfa Romeo 156

Chassis Tier: D

Driver #1:
-Justin Wilson 50k$
-Warren Hughes 50k$
- Simon Harrison 40k$

Driver #2:
-Dan Wheldon 30K$
-Darren Manning 30k$
-Rob Collard 30k$
Hermann95
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Hermann95 »

Jaguar Team Dynamics

Chassis 1 "The british car"
Johnny Herbert

Jason Plato

James Thompson

Chassis 2 "The International Flair car"
Gabriele Tarquini

Tom Kristensen

Bernd Schneider

Steve Soper

Chassis 3 "Official Jaguar Youth Development Car"*
*scrapped due to the new rule clarifications

Chassis 3,4,5... "The Gentlemen Program cars"**
**all driver are offered no salary and asked to bring 150k sponsorship. Every driver that is able to bring the money gets a chassis and the exlusive opportunity to drive the ultimate gentlemens car, the all new Jaguar X-Type, in the 2001 BTCC.

Andy Neate
David Pinkney
Nick Beaumont
Annie Templeton
Marc Nordon
Alan Blencowe
Hyla Breese

car names are just for marketing purposes and to sell our plans to Jaguar, they don't need to know how horrible the plans are.
Last edited by Hermann95 on 04 Apr 2021, 08:22, edited 2 times in total.
CarloSpace
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by CarloSpace »

GR Motorsport

Chassis 1 & 2 (We'd like to sign the first two names we can and give them equal status on the team)
Simon Harrison
£40k

Matt Neal (Skip if Harrison is signed)
£60k

Alan Morrison
£35k

Gareth Howell
£30k

Mat Jackson
£30k

Rob Collard
£30k

Mike Jordan
£25k
takagi_for_the_win

Howdy fellas, I think I initially said today was the deadline for driver bids, but because I've unexpectedly been snowed under with work I'm going to extend that to Tuesday 6th April, 16:00 BST. Looking at it, I think most of ye have bids in anyway, but on the off chance anyone wants to revise plans or whatever.

Following a few good questions put to me by people adopting a very Wazzle-like attitude, I'll just make a few clarifications that may affect driver plans:
Mid-season debt is allowed - each team has an "overdraft" that they can dip into. This overdraft is half of the original budget, and I'll amend the spreadsheet to reflect this. Should you dip into this overdraft, there will be financial penalties from the Bank of Takagi (nothing major, just a bit of interest :P )

All cars constructed by the same team have to be the same tier Boring I know, but it stops the more unscrupulous of you from building two shit-tier cars for really rich peeps and putting the money towards a god-tier car for one good driver. :P

Once agian, any questiosn either hit me up here or Discord!
TORA! TORA! TORA!
Dom_Wings

Post by Dom_Wings »

Team: BMW Team WSR
Chassis Tier: A

Chassis 1
Jörg Müller - 100k
Dirk Müller - 100k

Chassis 2
Yvan Muller - 120k
Alain Menu - 120k
Tim Harvey - 80k
Andy Priaulx - 50k

Chassis 3
Gordon Shedden - 40k
Paul O'Neill - 35k
Mat Jackson - 30k
This Could Be You

Team Name: GA Motorsport
User: TCBY
Car: Skoda Octavia (Tier C)

Chassis 1 (GA01/1)
Driver name: Dan Eaves
Salary: £30k (gib £80k sponsor monies pls)

Driver name: Paul O'Neill
Salary: £30k (gib £20k sponsor monies)

Driver name: Colin Turkington

Driver name: Phil Bennett

Chassis 2 (GA01/2)
Driver name: Dave Pinkney
Salary: gib £120k pls

Driver name: Alan Blencowe
Salary: gib £100k pls

Driver name: Annie Templeton