The place for non-canon series, including all series that contain minimal or no references at all to the RWRS universe
by Shawn040217 21 May 2021, 11:36
Welcome in, everyone, for yet another stab at a new (hopefully successful) series, this time tackling the 2019 Indycar Series, the second year of Indycar's new aerokit regs, where the championship will be looking to continue onwards and upwards and return to the lofty heights of the early 90s.

I'll keep things brief and direct ya straight to the spreadsheet below, which will help hugely to tell ya all you need to know:

(All relevant information can be found in this spreadsheet.)

Here's the list of teams waiting to be led to glory:

> A.J Foyt Enterprises (Wazzle)
> Andretti Autosport (CaptainGetz12)
> Andretti Herta Autosport (Reject_Dom)
> Belardi Auto Racing
> Clauson-Marshall Racing
> Schmidt Peterson Motorsports (kinnikuniverse)
> Meyer Shank Racing
> Carlin (Aislabie)
> Chip Ganassi Racing (Ataxia)
> Dale Coyne Racing (Bleu)
> Dragonspeed (pi314159)
> Dreyer & Reinhold Racing
> Ed Carpenter Racing (Butterfox)
> Harding Steinbrenner Racing
> Juncos Racing
> McLaren Racing (Rob Dylan)
> Rahal Letterman Lanigan Racing (This Could Be You)
> Team Penske (Hermann95)

As always, feel free to pick a team and of course, have fun - if there's additional information that you would like clarified regarding the series, feel free to let me know down below!
Last edited by Shawn040217 on 14 Jul 2021, 02:36, edited 10 times in total.
by Rob Dylan 21 May 2021, 11:42
McLaren McLaren McLaren!

Murray Walker at the 1997 Austrian Grand Prix wrote:The other [Stewart] driver, who nobody's been paying attention to, because he's disappointing, is Jan Magnussen.


Felipe Nasr - the least forgettable F1 driver!
Online
by Shawn040217 21 May 2021, 12:03
Welcome in, everyone - nice to see ya lads taking the plunge, it helps me out a great deal!

Now, we get to some of the gist:

General Info

- In this TL, there have been some slight changes, but not in terms of the calendar - the schedule remains unchanged as per IRL, but expect it to undergo major changes in the next couple years.

- There has been a major rejigging of the points format, which will now be the same for all races - there will now be one extra point awarded to the driver on pole position in quali, while from 33th position onwards, instead of 5 points from 33rd to 25th, points will instead increase by 1 from 33rd all the way to 11th at 23 points, followed by increments of 2 from 10th to 4th, increments of 3 from 4th to 3rd, increments of 5 from 3rd to 2nd and finally 10 points from 2nd to 1st.

- The new points structure, plus the 2019 calendar has been detailed as follows :

Image

Link in case image does not display properly.

Or, in text form, here it goes :
Points System (For Every Race)
1st: 55
2nd: 45
3rd: 40
4th: 37
5th: 35
6th: 33
7th: 31
8th: 29
9th: 27
10th: 25
11th: 23
12th: 22
13th: 21
14th: 20
15th: 19
16th: 18
17th: 17
18th: 16
19th: 15
20th: 14
21th: 13
22th: 12
23th: 11
24th: 10
25th: 9
26th: 8
27th: 7
28th: 6
29th: 5
30th: 4
31th: 3
32th: 2
33th: 1
Pole: 1
by Shawn040217 21 May 2021, 14:46
Welcome in, Wazzle!

Entry Process

Now, we get to the process of entries!

> Teams are limited to a maximum of 4 full-team entries as well as a maximum of 1 part-time entry.

> Part-Time Entries are limited to 10 races a season. When opening part-time entries, please specify the races in which you are planning to enter said PT car.

> You are highly recommended to retain the numbers used in the 2018 Indycar season

> Before you can get an entry, you need to buy a car, which you will retain permanently until you decide to sell off your entry[ies) - no need to worry about repairs and stuff.
Dallara DW12 : $250,000 per entry (applies to FT and PT entries)

> Then, you can purchase Racing Licenses, which come in two specs, Full-Time and Part-Time.
- Full-Time (maximum 4 per team) : $100,000 per entry
- Part-Time (maximum 1 per team) : $50,000 per entry

> There may be times where you may be struggling for competitiveness with a lack of money, which you can alleviate by downsizing your team. Should you choose to downsize your team at any time, you will receive :
• A $100,000 cashback per closed FT entry ($50,000 for PT) + increase in Team Rating by 4 for FT (2 for PT) + $250,000 cashback for sold car

> Should you choose to expand your team at any time, you will have to pay :
• $100,000 per new FT entry ($50,000 for PT) + decrease in Team Rating by 4 for FT (2 for PT) + $250,000 for new car

Submit your entries in this format :

Team Name :
Number Of Cars :

Car 1 Number :
Entry Type :

Car 2 Number :
Entry Type :

Car 3 Number :
Entry Type :

Car 4 Number :
Entry Type :

Car 5 Number :
Entry Type :
Part-Time Races :

For this instance, I'm using Harding Steinbrenner Racing as an example:

Team Name : Harding Steinbrenner Racing
Number Of Cars : 2

Car 1 Number : 88
Entry Type : Full Time

Car 2 Number : 89
Entry Type : Part Time
Part-Time Races : Austin, Long Beach, Indy RC, Indy 500, Detroit, Texas, Road America, Mid-Ohio, Pocono
Last edited by Shawn040217 on 22 May 2021, 14:55, edited 1 time in total.
by Aislabie 23 May 2021, 23:00
Team Name: Carlin Motorsport
Number Of Cars: 5

Car 1 Number: 23
Entry Type: Full Time

Car 2 Number: 24
Entry Type: Full Time

Car 3 Number: 31
Entry Type: Full Time

Car 4 Number: 59
Entry Type: Full Time

Car 5 Number: 11
Entry Type: Part Time
Part-Time Races: TBC (depends on who I can get in the car)
by Hermann95 24 May 2021, 10:49
Team Name: Team Penske
Number Of Cars: 5

Car 1 Number: 2
Entry Type: Full Time

Car 2 Number: 3
Entry Type: Full Time

Car 3 Number: 12
Entry Type: Full Time

Car 4 Number: 22
Entry Type: Full Time

Car 5 Number: 95
Entry Type: Part Time
Part-Time Races: TBC (depends on who I can get in the car)
by Ataxia 24 May 2021, 13:35
Could I take Chip Ganassi Racing please?

Team Name : Chip Ganassi Racing
Number Of Cars : 3

Car 1 Number : 9
Entry Type : Full time

Car 2 Number : 10
Entry Type : Full time

Car 3 Number : 8
Entry Type : Part time (Rounds 1-2, 5-6, 10-11, 16-17)

Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
by Shawn040217 24 May 2021, 14:15
Ataxia wrote:Could I take Chip Ganassi Racing please?

Team Name : Chip Ganassi Racing
Number Of Cars : 3

Car 1 Number : 9
Entry Type : Full time

Car 2 Number : 10
Entry Type : Full time

Car 3 Number : 8
Entry Type : Part time (Rounds 1-2, 5-6, 10-11, 16-17)


Sure, welcome in - CGR's all yours! :)
by Rob Dylan 25 May 2021, 08:41
McLaren Racing will take two cars with one full-time and one part-time driver.

Driver: Fernando Alonso
Contract: Full-time
Number #66

Driver: Juan Pablo Montoya
Contract: Part-time
Number: #6
Montoya would drive both Indy rounds (5 and 6) and then every remaining oval (9, 12, 14 and 15).

Murray Walker at the 1997 Austrian Grand Prix wrote:The other [Stewart] driver, who nobody's been paying attention to, because he's disappointing, is Jan Magnussen.


Felipe Nasr - the least forgettable F1 driver!
Online
by Butterfox 01 Jun 2021, 00:00
Might give it a shot:


Team Name : Ed Carpenter Racing
Number Of Cars : 3

Car 1 Number : 21
Entry Type : full time

Car 2 Number : 20
Entry Type : full time
All oval races driven by Ed Carpenter himself, others tba.

Car 3 Number: 63
Entry Type: part time
Part-Time Races: Indy 500 only.

I don't know what i want and i want it now!
by Alexandra 01 Jun 2021, 13:58
I'd like to enter this series as well. It's been quite a while since I did one of these. It's also been quite a while since I had any idea what went on in IndyCar, so please forgive me in advance if I should screw things up from time to time. ;)

Team Name: Andretti Autosport
Number Of Cars: 4

Car 1 Number: 25
Entry Type : full time

Car 2 Number: 26
Entry Type : full time

Car 3 Number: 27
Entry Type: full time

Car 4 Number: 28
Entry Type: full time
by Professor Leyton House 01 Jun 2021, 17:51
May I enter, too? I would like to take Juncos Racing with two fulltime cars. Is that allowed, because they only had one part time entry in 2018? Also, how much money do I have?

In case I'm allowed:

Team Name : Juncos Racing
Number Of Cars : 2

Car 1 Number : 32
Entry Type : full time

Car 2 Number : 33
Entry Type : full time
by Shawn040217 01 Jun 2021, 23:33
Professor Leyton House wrote:May I enter, too? I would like to take Juncos Racing with two fulltime cars. Is that allowed, because they only had one part time entry in 2018? Also, how much money do I have?

In case I'm allowed:

Team Name : Juncos Racing
Number Of Cars : 2

Car 1 Number : 32
Entry Type : full time

Car 2 Number : 33
Entry Type : full time


Yeah, sure! You may enter two FT cars, but you have to be mindful about your allotted budget. You can also find out how much money you have from the linked spreadsheet on the first post - in this instance you have $2,000,000 at your disposal.
by Professor Leyton House 02 Jun 2021, 15:25
Shawn040217 wrote:
Professor Leyton House wrote:May I enter, too? I would like to take Juncos Racing with two fulltime cars. Is that allowed, because they only had one part time entry in 2018? Also, how much money do I have?

In case I'm allowed:

Team Name : Juncos Racing
Number Of Cars : 2

Car 1 Number : 32
Entry Type : full time

Car 2 Number : 33
Entry Type : full time


Yeah, sure! You may enter two FT cars, but you have to be mindful about your allotted budget. You can also find out how much money you have from the linked spreadsheet on the first post - in this instance you have $2,000,000 at your disposal.

Thanks, man, I'm an idiot sometimes. No worries, I'll try to be mindful, but first I need to increase my chance of finishing races. And the only way I see is go fulltime with two decent and reliable cars, even if I will have to hire pay drivers until 2020. A good car should one day attract a decent driver, I hope. Hopefully I'm lucky with some decent sponsorship.
by Alexandra 02 Jun 2021, 15:54
Could I trouble you for stats and salaries for these three drivers, please, as none of them currently appears on your list. I'd like to give at least two of them a cockpit, if the stats you give them seem acceptable to me (while retaining both Hunter-Reay and Rossi in the other two cars, of course):

Danica Patrick
Simona de Silvestro
Tatiana Calderón

And is it possible to take on Pippa Mann full time?

Thank you in advance! :)
by Shawn040217 08 Jun 2021, 13:58
Just a lil' voiceout here, thanks to everyone who has signed up so far - I appreciate it a lot!

I'm going to give it another 24 hours for anyone who hasn't snapped up a team before we get onto engine signing, followed by driver and sponsor bids.

Any teams who are unclaimed will be run on autopilot for the time being, in which they will be run in the most mundane method possible, mostly following real life, to provide a clean slate for those wishing to claim a team down the line. For those who have already gotten a team, and are interested in taking another, I've decided to limit it to one team per user only to streamline matters, at least for 2019 - from 2020 onwards you will be able to pick a second team of your liking.

As always, feel free to ask any questions!
by Shawn040217 08 Jun 2021, 14:24
Alexandra wrote:Could I trouble you for stats and salaries for these three drivers, please, as none of them currently appears on your list. I'd like to give at least two of them a cockpit, if the stats you give them seem acceptable to me (while retaining both Hunter-Reay and Rossi in the other two cars, of course):

Danica Patrick
Simona de Silvestro
Tatiana Calderón

And is it possible to take on Pippa Mann full time?

Thank you in advance! :)


Apologies for the late reply, but here goes :

Ever since retiring from racing after the 2018 Indy 500, Danica Patrick has kept himself plenty busy with her ventures into entrepreneurship, and is planning on starting a weekly podcast somewhere around this year. She has heard rumblings of a potential comeback, and she would like to address them.

1-85 Nah-uh
86-100 Yeah sure, why not?

The RNG-meter reads.....73. Danica opts to stay in retirement.


Tatiana Calderon
The Colombian's F1 aspirations seem to be slowly slipping away, with fairly below-average results in F3 and GP3, but she does have the marketing card to play, and plus, it's not as if she's the second iteration of Carmen Jorda when if comes to talent (or lack thereof), right? Having originally competed in Indy Lights before moving to the F1 ladder due to a fear of ovals, she's kinda coy on moving back, but hey, if this fails, there's always sportscars waiting in the pipeline for her.

1-45 Considers moving back Stateside
46-100 Decides to hang on to the F1 dream

The RNG-meter reads......88. Tatiana stays in Europe, but she does not rule out a change of heart in the future.

Simona de Silvestro
One of the best female racers to be found right now, the former FE/IndyCar racer and Sauber tester has found V8 Supercars to be a whole different kettle of fish, although in fairness the Nissans aren't exactly the sharpest tools on the block. Despite this, she's been enjoying it down in Australia, and she is looking to stay on, but she does still hold a heart for the series that enabled her to rise to prominence.

1-40 Stays in Supercars
41-80 Dovetails her Supercars seat with PT appearances
81-100 Returns to IndyCar on a FT basis

The RNG-meter reads.....46. Sinoma gets to remain as pilot of the #78 Kelly Nissan whilst competing in Indy, at least part-time.

1-80 Wants to be paid
81-100 Will happily stump up moolah

The RNG-meter reads....21.

1-35 $20,000 per race
36-70 $40,000 per race
71-100 $60,000 per race

The RNG-meter reads......39. Sinoma expects to be paid minimum $40,000 per race.
by TomWazzleshaw 09 Jun 2021, 07:04
Team Name : AJ Foyt Enterprises
Number Of Cars : 3

Car 1 Number : 14
Entry Type : full time

Car 2 Number : 41
Entry Type : full time

Car 3 Number: 11
Entry Type: part time
Part-Time Races: All oval races

Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
by Alexandra 09 Jun 2021, 12:50
Shawn040217 wrote:Apologies for the late reply, but here goes :

Ever since retiring from racing after the 2018 Indy 500, Danica Patrick has kept himself plenty busy with her ventures into entrepreneurship, and is planning on starting a weekly podcast somewhere around this year. She has heard rumblings of a potential comeback, and she would like to address them.

1-85 Nah-uh
86-100 Yeah sure, why not?

The RNG-meter reads.....73. Danica opts to stay in retirement.


Tatiana Calderon
The Colombian's F1 aspirations seem to be slowly slipping away, with fairly below-average results in F3 and GP3, but she does have the marketing card to play, and plus, it's not as if she's the second iteration of Carmen Jorda when if comes to talent (or lack thereof), right? Having originally competed in Indy Lights before moving to the F1 ladder due to a fear of ovals, she's kinda coy on moving back, but hey, if this fails, there's always sportscars waiting in the pipeline for her.

1-45 Considers moving back Stateside
46-100 Decides to hang on to the F1 dream

The RNG-meter reads......88. Tatiana stays in Europe, but she does not rule out a change of heart in the future.

Simona de Silvestro
One of the best female racers to be found right now, the former FE/IndyCar racer and Sauber tester has found V8 Supercars to be a whole different kettle of fish, although in fairness the Nissans aren't exactly the sharpest tools on the block. Despite this, she's been enjoying it down in Australia, and she is looking to stay on, but she does still hold a heart for the series that enabled her to rise to prominence.

1-40 Stays in Supercars
41-80 Dovetails her Supercars seat with PT appearances
81-100 Returns to IndyCar on a FT basis

The RNG-meter reads.....46. Sinoma gets to remain as pilot of the #78 Kelly Nissan whilst competing in Indy, at least part-time.

1-80 Wants to be paid
81-100 Will happily stump up moolah

The RNG-meter reads....21.

1-35 $20,000 per race
36-70 $40,000 per race
71-100 $60,000 per race

The RNG-meter reads......39. Sinoma expects to be paid minimum $40,000 per race.

Thank you for your efforts, but this was not what I asked for. Seeing as I now know just as much as I did before, how about this:

Could you give me a list of suitable female drivers actually willing to take up on my offer? With stats, please? I see no reason to start grasping at straws here, when the probability of losing to podcasts or gutless Nissans is this high.

Thank you! :)
by Shawn040217 10 Jun 2021, 02:39
Alexandra wrote:
Shawn040217 wrote:Apologies for the late reply, but here goes :

Ever since retiring from racing after the 2018 Indy 500, Danica Patrick has kept himself plenty busy with her ventures into entrepreneurship, and is planning on starting a weekly podcast somewhere around this year. She has heard rumblings of a potential comeback, and she would like to address them.

1-85 Nah-uh
86-100 Yeah sure, why not?

The RNG-meter reads.....73. Danica opts to stay in retirement.


Tatiana Calderon
The Colombian's F1 aspirations seem to be slowly slipping away, with fairly below-average results in F3 and GP3, but she does have the marketing card to play, and plus, it's not as if she's the second iteration of Carmen Jorda when if comes to talent (or lack thereof), right? Having originally competed in Indy Lights before moving to the F1 ladder due to a fear of ovals, she's kinda coy on moving back, but hey, if this fails, there's always sportscars waiting in the pipeline for her.

1-45 Considers moving back Stateside
46-100 Decides to hang on to the F1 dream

The RNG-meter reads......88. Tatiana stays in Europe, but she does not rule out a change of heart in the future.

Simona de Silvestro
One of the best female racers to be found right now, the former FE/IndyCar racer and Sauber tester has found V8 Supercars to be a whole different kettle of fish, although in fairness the Nissans aren't exactly the sharpest tools on the block. Despite this, she's been enjoying it down in Australia, and she is looking to stay on, but she does still hold a heart for the series that enabled her to rise to prominence.

1-40 Stays in Supercars
41-80 Dovetails her Supercars seat with PT appearances
81-100 Returns to IndyCar on a FT basis

The RNG-meter reads.....46. Sinoma gets to remain as pilot of the #78 Kelly Nissan whilst competing in Indy, at least part-time.

1-80 Wants to be paid
81-100 Will happily stump up moolah

The RNG-meter reads....21.

1-35 $20,000 per race
36-70 $40,000 per race
71-100 $60,000 per race

The RNG-meter reads......39. Sinoma expects to be paid minimum $40,000 per race.

Thank you for your efforts, but this was not what I asked for. Seeing as I now know just as much as I did before, how about this:

Could you give me a list of suitable female drivers actually willing to take up on my offer? With stats, please? I see no reason to start grasping at straws here, when the probability of losing to podcasts or gutless Nissans is this high.

Thank you! :)



Here goes - here's a list of potential drivers that would be interested in making the step :

Katherine Legge (GB) (Road Course Rating : C- , Oval Rating : D+)
Simona de Silvestro (SWI) (Road Course Rating : C, Oval Rating : C)
Ana Beatriz (BRA) (Road Course Rating : D, Oval Rating : D+)
Sophia Floersch (GER) (Road Course Rating : D, Oval Rating : D)
Jamie Chadwick (BRI) (Road Course : D+, Oval Rating : D+)
Beitske Visser (HOL) (Road Course Rating : D+, Oval Rating : D+)


Of course, the reason as to why their ratings may be rather lowly is due to their lack of experience of racing this level of machinery/racing on ovals, or being out of IndyCar competition for quite a while, but fret not - especially for drivers like Visser, Chadwick and Floersch with their age, they definitely have the potential to improve over time.
Last edited by Shawn040217 on 10 Jun 2021, 03:18, edited 1 time in total.
by Shawn040217 10 Jun 2021, 03:04
Team Name : Harding Steinbrenner Racing
Number Of Cars : 1

Car 1 Number : 88
Entry Type : Full-Time

Team Name : Belardi Auto Racing
Number Of Cars : 1

Car 1 Number : 45
Entry Type : Part-Time

Team Name : Clauson-Marshall Racing
Number Of Cars : 1

Car 1 Number : 39
Entry Type : Part-Time

Team Name : Dreyer & Reinbold Racing
Number of Cars : 1

Car 1 Number : 24
Entry Type : Part-Time

Team Name : Meyer Shank Racing
Number Of Cars : 1

Car 1 Number : 60
Entry Type : Full-Time
by Shawn040217 10 Jun 2021, 05:02
Now, we head on to stage No. 2,

Engines

This one should be a fairly simple affair, as there are just 2 manufacturers to pick from : Honda and Chevrolet.

However, there are a couple treats up for grabs - with the inclusion of works and customer status

Here's the rundown :
Works Status :
- Additional subsidies
- Initial boost in engine ratings
- Ability to upgrade your engines throughout the season

Customer Status :
- Pay at original price
- Original engine ratings
- Ability to upgrade your engines throughout the season

Here's the prices and stats for said engines :

Chevrolet
Chevrolet IndyCar V6
Works Status : $165,000 (3 slots available)
Customer Status : $195,000 (unlimited slots)

Honda
Honda HI21R Indy V6
Works Status: $150,000 (4 slots available)
Customer Status : (unlimited slots)

- If you are in some way connected to a parent team (i.e Andretti and Andretti Herta, for instance), you are recommended to use the same engines as the parent team

- Engine upgrades will not be carried over to following seasons

- Base engine ratings can fluctuate between seasons

- You can sign with an engine manufacturer up to a maximum of three-year contracts.

Post your engine bids in this format :
Engine 1 :
Status Type :
Duration :

Engine 2 :
Status Type :
Duration :
by Butterfox 10 Jun 2021, 05:43
Ed Carpenter Racing is gonna put its money on loyalty,we've always ran Chevy's, and see no reason to change that, we secretly hope to be rewarded with a works deal some day.

Post your engine bids in this format :
Engine 1 : Chevrolet
Status Type : Works
Duration : 2 years

Engine 2 : Chevrolet
Status Type :Customer
Duration : 2 years

I don't know what i want and i want it now!
by Rob Dylan 10 Jun 2021, 11:59
As Fernando has personally observed the Chevrolet engine and its awesomeness, he has given the ceremonial nod that indicates McLaren will use those engines this season.

Engine 1 : Chevrolet
Status Type : Works
Duration : 3 years

Engine 2 : Chevrolet
Status Type : Customer
Duration : 2 years

If we don't get works status, we will reapply for it in 2021.

Murray Walker at the 1997 Austrian Grand Prix wrote:The other [Stewart] driver, who nobody's been paying attention to, because he's disappointing, is Jan Magnussen.


Felipe Nasr - the least forgettable F1 driver!
Online

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests