Alt-MotoGP 2021: Test Ride, (Un)limited - Sign up!

The place for non-canon series, including all series that contain minimal or no references at all to the RWRS universe
novitopoli
Site Donor
Site Donor

Alt-MotoGP 2021: Test Ride, (Un)limited - Sign up!

Post by novitopoli »

So, I've been fiddling around with the idea of bringing MotoGP to the PMMF. But before tackling the canon side of things, let's do a test run for all the mechanics I'd like to implement, by remaking the 2021 MotoGP season. Let's go through the main details:

Calendar

The real life 2021 MotoGP calendar, namely:

1. Qatar GP - Losail International Circuit - Mar 28th, 2021
2. Doha GP - Losail International Circuit - Apr 12th, 2021
3. Portuguese GP - Algarve International Circuit - Apr 18th, 2021
4. Spanish GP - Circuito de Jerez - May 2nd, 2021
5. French GP - Automobile Club de l’Ouest Le Mans - May 16th, 2021
6. Italian GP - Mugello Circuit - May 30th, 2021
7. Catalan GP - Circuit de Barcelona – Catalunya - Jun 6th, 2021
8. German GP - Sachsenring - Jun 20th, 2021
9. Dutch GP - TT Circuit Assen - Jun 27th, 2021
10. Styrian GP - Red Bull Ring - Aug 8th, 2021
11. Austrian GP - Red Bull Ring - Aug 15th, 2021
12. British GP - Silverstone - Aug 29th, 2021
13. Aragon GP - Motorland Aragon - Sep 12th, 2021
14. San Marino GP - Misano World Circuit - Sep 19th, 2021
15. Americas GP - Circuit Of The Americas - Oct 3rd, 2021
16. Emilia Romagna GP - Misano World Circuit - Oct 24th, 2021
17. Algarve GP - Algarve International Circuit - Nov 7th, 2021
18. Valencia GP - Circuit Ricardo Tormo - Nov 14th, 2021

Teams

First-come, first-serve. There will be 6 factory teams and 6 customer teams, courtesy of Aprilia and Gresini splitting.

Repsol HRC Honda Team (Honda) - Klon
TBC Yamaha MotoGP (Yamaha) - Rob Dylan
TBC Suzuki MotoGP (Suzuki) - Dom_Wings
TBC Ducati Team (Ducati) - kinnikunivers
TBC KTM Factory Racing (KTM) - Hermann95
TBC Aprilia Racing (Aprilia) - TBC
TBC LCR Team (TBC) - Bleu
TBC SIC Racing Team (TBC) - shawn040217
Pramac Racing (TBC) - kevinbotz
TBC Esponsorama Racing (TBC) - Ataxia
TBC Tech3 Team (TBC) - This Could Be You
TBC Racing Team Gresini (TBC) - Frogfoot9013

Rules

Team Budgets, wages, sponsorships and more info can be found in this spreadsheet.

1. As a first step: Customers will have to look for bike deals. Prices in the spreadsheet refer to two bikes for orientation: you are free to come with whichever (realistic) agreement you might wish. To avoid situations like RL MotoGP 2022, every manufacturer may have a maximum of two customers.
The fees paid by the customer teams will go into the factory teams' bike upgrade budget (more on this further below).

2. After all customer teams will have a bike deal sorted, every team (with the exception of Repsol HRC and Pramac Racing, whose sponsorship money has already been factored into their budgets) will have to bid for sponsors from the list in the spreadsheet.
In general: the higher the sponsorship, the more likely the sponsor will be to try and go for bigger teams (RNGods will take care of it).
Some sponsors come with conditions: if those aren't fulfilled, only half of the sponsorship money will be paid out.

3. The third step will be signing two drivers per team. Some drivers are listed in the spreadsheet with potential asking wages: you are free to bid higher or lower, as long as you stick to a minimum wage offer of 1.000.000€ (Ezpeleta doesn't want any lousy pay drivers :pantano: ).
You are free to suggest other drivers as long as them racing in MotoGp in 2021 would be realistic. (No, Pedro Acosta wouldn't). Fictional drivers are also allowed and subject to agreements with the DEC owner: their performance will be RNGed based on their wage level.

4. The final pre-season step will be bidding for two crew chiefs, one for each driver. Every crew chief brings a certain bonus: the higher the asking wage, the more consistent the bonus will be. A further bonus will be given if the crew chief is able to work with a bike from his preferred manufacturer, or if driver and crew chief come from the same country.

5. After all of this, don't be in the red. Trust me, you don't want to be in the red. :vergne:

6. During the season, you will be allowed a certain number of upgrade slots.
Bike Upgrades comprise the following areas: Aerodynamics, Engine, Grip, Tyre Management, Wet Weather Performance. Bike upgrades can only be carried out by factory teams. Bike Upgrade budget (i.e., the price paid by the customers for their bikes) can only be used for bike upgrades, but the teams can also use some of their own money, if they wish to do so.
Team Upgrades comprise the following areas: Qualifying Setup, Race Setup. They can be carried out by both factory and customer teams.

So, feel free to sign up!
Last edited by novitopoli on 06 Jan 2022, 08:26, edited 4 times in total.
sw3ishida wrote:Jolyon Palmer brought us closer as a couple, for which I am grateful.

Ataxia wrote:
Londoner wrote:Something I've thought about - what happens to our canon should we have a worldwide recession or some other outside event?

We'll be fine. It's Canon, non Kodak.
This Could Be You

Re: Alt-MotoGP 2021: Test Ride, (Un)limited - Sign up!

Post by This Could Be You »

I will take Tech3, if you please
Your Signature Here

Named after HRT, now on HRT
Frogfoot9013

Post by Frogfoot9013 »

May I take Gresini?
James Hunt, commentating on the 1991 German Grand Prix wrote:The Benettons looking very smart together on the track, mostly because they're both going so slowly.
Dom_Wings

Post by Dom_Wings »

I'll take Suzuki and hopefully take them to a second Riders' Championship in a row.
Join the GPR Discord server! https://discord.com/invite/6YDQ3aV
kevinbotz

Post by kevinbotz »

I'll take Pramac, if it's alright.
Klon, on Alt-F1 wrote: I like to think it's more poker than gambling, though.
Shawn040217

Post by Shawn040217 »

I shall assume control of Petronas SIC Racing.
Hermann95
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Hermann95 »

I'd like to take the KTM factory team, because Austria.
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

I would like to take Esponsorama Racing, please.
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
Kinnikuniverse

Post by Kinnikuniverse »

I shall take Ducati to the title!
Bleu

Post by Bleu »

Interesting. I take LCR.
novitopoli
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by novitopoli »

While we wait for someone to take the Aprilia factory team, let's start with the first phase of pre-season preparation:

Customer bike deals

Customer team owners have to buy their bikes from factory teams. Prices given in the spreadsheet are for orientation purposes only: you are free to set them as you wish as long as you keep things realistic. Extra clauses (such as multi-year deals or obligations to sign certain drivers) are also allowed. Please bear in mind that the fees paid for customer bikes will have to be spent on bike development - so going cheap during negotiations could backfire as the season goes on.

To avoid the completely unrealistic scenario of having 8 Ducatis on the grid while other manufacturers can't find customers, manufacturers are limited to a maximum of two customer teams each.
sw3ishida wrote:Jolyon Palmer brought us closer as a couple, for which I am grateful.

Ataxia wrote:
Londoner wrote:Something I've thought about - what happens to our canon should we have a worldwide recession or some other outside event?

Bleu

Post by Bleu »

LCR offers base value for customer bikes for both Ducati (1st option) and Yamaha (2nd option).
Last edited by Bleu on 09 Jan 2022, 19:52, edited 1 time in total.
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

Esponsorama would like to offer €7M to Suzuki to become its satellite team, and then the same to Yamaha should Suzuki not be interested.
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klon »

Honda offers its bikes at either the MSRP of €6,000,000 or at a discounted €5.000.000 for signing either a Japanese rider, Stefan Bradl or a Moto3 rider that rode a Honda in 2020.
kevinbotz

Post by kevinbotz »

Klon wrote:Honda offers its bikes at either the MSRP of €6,000,000 or at a discounted €5.000.000 for signing either a Japanese rider, Stefan Bradl or a Moto3 rider that rode a Honda in 2020.

Pramac would be immensely interested in becoming a Honda satellite, and intends on fulfilling the rider conditions pursuant with those attached to the discounted rate.
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klon »

kevinbotz wrote:
Klon wrote:Honda offers its bikes at either the MSRP of €6,000,000 or at a discounted €5.000.000 for signing either a Japanese rider, Stefan Bradl or a Moto3 rider that rode a Honda in 2020.

Pramac would be immensely interested in becoming a Honda satellite, and intends on fulfilling the rider conditions pursuant with those attached to the discounted rate.

Then we have a deal.
Hermann95
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Hermann95 »

KTM would like to offer a discount to a potential customer team if they sign Jorge Martin.
The discounted price for the bikes would be 5 000 000 €, instead of 6 000 000 €.
Kinnikuniverse

Post by Kinnikuniverse »

Bleu wrote:LCR offers base value for customer bikes for both Ducati (1st option) and Yamaha (2nd option).

Ducati Accepts the offer.
Shawn040217

Post by Shawn040217 »

SIC Racing Team shall be bidding for Customer Yamahas.
Rob Dylan

Post by Rob Dylan »

Shawn040217 wrote:SIC Racing Team shall be bidding for Customer Yamahas.

If nobody else bids for them by the end of this weekend, we're happy to give them to you for the going rate.
Murray Walker at the 1997 Austrian Grand Prix wrote:The other [Stewart] driver, who nobody's been paying attention to, because he's disappointing, is Jan Magnussen.
Felipe Nasr - the least forgettable F1 driver!
novitopoli
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by novitopoli »

So, all customer teams have a bike deal! We can now move to phase 2:

Sponsorship Deals

With the exception of HRC and Pramac, who already have title sponsors, teams will have to bid for sponsors from the list in the spreadsheet.
Teams may bid for up to five sponsors.
In general: the higher the sponsorship, the more likely the sponsor will be to try and go for bigger teams.
Some sponsors come with conditions: if those aren't fulfilled, only half of the sponsorship money will be paid out.

As for Aprilia Racing, the team will be run on autopilot until a potential team owner is found.

Ataxia wrote:

Rob Dylan

Post by Rob Dylan »

Yamaha will have the following priority list for sponsors:

1. Mission Winnow
2. Movistar
3. Petronas.
4. uh, we'll worry about that if we come to it
Murray Walker at the 1997 Austrian Grand Prix wrote:The other [Stewart] driver, who nobody's been paying attention to, because he's disappointing, is Jan Magnussen.
Felipe Nasr - the least forgettable F1 driver!
Hermann95
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Hermann95 »

KTM will go for the following sponsors, in order of preference:

1. Red Bull
2. Lenovo
3. Monster Energy
4. Estrella Galicia 0.0
5. Huski Chocolate
Kinnikuniverse

Post by Kinnikuniverse »

Ducati Sponsors priority

1. Petronas
2. Mission Winnow
3. Monster Energy
4. Lenovo
Bleu

Post by Bleu »

LCR priorities:
1. WithU
2. Estrella Galicia 0.0
3. Flexbox
4. Huski Chocolate
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

Esponsorama's Sponsor-rama

1. Lenovo
2. Monster Energy
3. Enel
4. Estrella Galicia
5. Flex-Box
DigitDan7

Post by DigitDan7 »

I'll be representing Aprilia Racing. With that, all teams will be taken.
Sponsor bids:
1) Lenovo
2) Monster Energy
3) Enel
4) WithU
5) Huski Chocolate
Shawn040217

Post by Shawn040217 »

SIC Racing will bid for the following sponsors :

1) Petronas
2) Liqui Moly
3) Leopard
4) Rich Energy
This Could Be You

Tech 3 Sponsor Bids:
1. Lenovo
2. Mission Winnow
3. Elf
4. Enel
5. Visit Australia
Your Signature Here

Dom_Wings

Post by Dom_Wings »

Suzuki sponsor bids:

Monster Energy
Aramco
Lenovo
Estrella Galicia 0,0
WithU
Join the GPR Discord server! https://discord.com/invite/6YDQ3aV
Frogfoot9013

Post by Frogfoot9013 »

Gresini's bids are as follows:
1. Lenovo
2. Monster Energy
3. Enel
4. WithU
5. Estrella Galicia
James Hunt, commentating on the 1991 German Grand Prix wrote:The Benettons looking very smart together on the track, mostly because they're both going so slowly.
novitopoli
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by novitopoli »

Sponsorship Deals

Let's start with Red Bull. KTM are their only offer - they don't even have to think about it and sign on the dotted line.

Next up is Petronas. Two first-choice offers in Ducati and SRT. Ducati is the more attractive choice thanks to their works status, but the Malaysian pedigree of SIC sure does play a role, as does their willingness to accomodate the Petronas color scheme.

1-55: Ducati
56-100: SRT

60 - It is Petronas SRT!

Next up is Mission Winnow. They have offers from Yamaha and Ducati lined up, with a second-choice offer from Tech3 not interesting enough for them. Ducati is PMI's preferred choice, due to their previous relationship and the fact that the sponsor would like older drivers - which clashes with Yamaha's intended commitment to youngster Fabio Quartararo.

1-65 Ducati
66-100 Yamaha

80 - In an upset, we will have Mission Winnow Yamaha Racing! What will this mean for Quartararo?

Next up is Lenovo, which has been heavily sought-after by many smaller teams. Aprilia has somehow higher chances due to their works status, while Esponsorama, Tech3 and Gresini are outside bets at the list. Also, Ducati and Suzuki might still call...

1-20 Aprilia
21-30 Esponsorama
31-40 Tech3
41-50 Gresini
51-100 Waits from a call by either Ducati or Suzuki

7 - Rivola talks Lenovo into a huge cash injection into the Aprilia team!

Monster Energy up next! Two huge names in Ducati and Suzuki are vying for Monster Energy sponsorship, while Esponsorama and Gresini also stated their interest. Of course, Monster really wants a works team.

1-45 Ducati
46-90 Suzuki
91-95 Esponsorama
96-100 Gresini

92 - The talks of Valentino Rossi buying out Esponsorama, or at least their entry in MotoGP, have led to Monster Energy being really interested in the Spanish outfit! This might give a hint of whether Rossi is actually going through with his plans for 2022.

Suzuki has a backup plan, and Aramco (or at least, someone claiming to represent Aramco) steps up with a great deal of Saudi backing.

Next up is WithU. The Italian energy provider has two Italian teams interested in a sponsorship deals, with LCR having them as their first option and Gresini having them as a backup plan. Some higher-ups at Gresini would be keen on waiting for an outfit they already have some working relationship with.

1-80 LCR
81-100 Waits for Gresini

7 - The WithU board has no hesitation and goes with LCR.

Finally, with Red Bull only committing to the works KTM team for 2021, Elf will step up to the role of title sponsor for Tech3. Might the French focus have them rekindle their relationship with Zarco? Hard to say.

And Gresini is not left without sponsorship either, as Enel continue their relationship with the Italian outfit in their first year back as Honda customers.

Left without any further option, Ducati have to scratch their backs until Gigi Dall'Igna gets a call from an unknown Swedish number. And that's how we end up with Huski Chocolate Ducati Team.

And now for the next phase...

Driver and Crew Chief Bids

Teams now have to bid for two riders and two crew chiefs. A list of riders and crew chiefs with their asking wages can be found in the spreadsheet. You can also suggest drivers which are not listed, as long as it would be somehow realistic to see them racing MotoGP bikes in 2021. (i.e. no Pedro Acosta, no Marco Melandri :pantano: ). For each seat/crew chief position, up to five bids are allowed.

You can offer more, or less, than the asking wage - but this will influence the probability of your offer being accepted accordingly.

As for the riders, bear in mind that teams have to fulfill the following obligations:

Customer Bike Obligations
Pramac Racing - Honda: Sign either a Japanese rider, Stefan Bradl or a 2020 Moto3 Honda rider
Enel Gresini Racing - Honda: Sign either a Japanese rider, Stefan Bradl or a 2020 Moto3 Honda rider

Sponsorship Obligations
Mission Winnow Yamaha Racing: Sign two riders over the age of 25
Aramco Ecstar Suzuki: Sign either Valentino Rossi or Luca Marini
Petronas SIC Racing Team - Yamaha: Sign a former MotoGP World Champion
Elf Tech 3 Racing - KTM: Sign a French rider
Enel Gresini Racing - Honda: Sign an Italian rider
WithU LCR - Ducati: Sign an Italian rider

As for the crew chiefs, remind that there will be a bonus if rider and crew chief are native speakers of the same language.

Ataxia wrote:

Bleu

Post by Bleu »

Crew Chief 1 in order of preference:(all offers 2 million, 2 years)
Alberto Giribuola
Matteo Flamigni
Christian Gabbarini
Luca Ferracioli
Donatello Giovanotti

Crew Chief 2 in order of preference:(all offers 1 million, 2 years)
Christian Pupulin
Daniele Romagnoli
Jarno Polastri
Marco Rigamonti
Paolo Zavalloni

Rider 1:
Enea Bastianini (4.5 million, 2 years)
Johann Zarco (4.25 million, 2 years)
Miguel Oliveira (4.25 million, 2 years)
Luca Marini (3.25 million, 2 years)

Rider 2:
Takaaki Nakagami (2 million, 1 year)*
Fabio di Gianantonio (2 million,1 year)
Marco Bezzecchi (2 million, 1 year)
Scott Redding (2 million, 1 year)*

* offers will be dropped if first rider is not Italian (Zarco or Oliveira)
Last edited by Bleu on 30 Jan 2022, 07:59, edited 1 time in total.
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klon »

Seat 1, Offers:
- Alex Marquez, €21,000,000, 2 years
- Joan Mir, €16,000,000, 3 years
- Jonathan Rea, €5,000,000, 2 years
- Takaaki Nakagami, €1,000,000, 1 year

Seat 2, Offers:
- Valentino Rossi, €10,000,000, 2 years
- Joan Mir, €16,000,000, 3 years
- Jordi Torres, €2,000,000, 1 year
- Cal Crutchlow, €2,000,000, 1 year

Crew Chief 1, Offers:
- Santi Hernandez, €3,000,000, 2 years
- Giacomo Guidotti, €1,000,000, 2 years
- Antonio Jimenez, €1,000,000, 2 years

Crew Chief 2, Offers:
- Christophe Bourguignon, €3,000,000, 2 years
- Ramon Aurin, €3,000,000, 2 years
- Silvano Galbusera, €2,000,000, 2 years
This Could Be You

Rider 1 Bids:
1. Johann Zarco (€5.5M)
2. Toprak Razgatlioglu (€5M)
3. Enea Bastiannini (€5M)
4. Jorge Lorenzo (€4M)

Rider 2 Bids:
if Zarco signed:
1. Marco Bezzecchi (€2M)
2. Iker Lecuona (€1.5M)
3. Sam Lowes (€1M)
if otherwise:
1. Loris Baz (€2M)
2. Jules Cluzel (€1M)
3. Sylvain Guintoli (€2M)

Crew Chief Bids:

Seat 1:
1. Guy Coulon (€4M)
2. Frankie Carchedi (€3.5M)
3. Nicolas Goyon (€2.5M)

Seat 2:
1. Alex Merhand (€1M)
2. Paul Trevathan (€1M)
3. Patrick Primmer (€1M)
Your Signature Here

Kinnikuniverse

Post by Kinnikuniverse »

Team: Huski Chocolate Ducati Corse

Rider 1
Fabio Quartararo ($25 million)
Maverick Vinales ($9 million)
Francesco Bagnaia (base price)
Franco Morbidelli (base price)

Rider 2
Francesco Bagnaia (base price)
Johan Zarco ($7 million)
Jack Miller (base price)
Alex Rins (base price

Crew Chief 1
Christophe Bourguignon
Matteo Flamigni
Ramon Aurin

Crew Chief 2
Luca Ferraccioli
Christian Gabbarrini
Frankie Carchedi
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

TEAM: Monster Energy Esponsorama Racing

Rider 1:
Pol Espargaro - €6M
Enea Bastianini - €4M
Miguel Oliveira - €4M

Rider 2:
Remy Gardner - €3M
Fabio di Giannantonio- €2M
Joe Roberts - €2M

Crew chief 1:
Esteban Garcia - €2M
Diego Gubellini - €2M

Crew chief 2:
Ramon Forcada - €2.5M
Noe Herrera - €2M
kevinbotz

Post by kevinbotz »

Team: Pramac Racing

Rider 1:

Maverick Vinales - €7,000,000
Jorge Martin - €7,000,000
Alex Rins - €7,000,000
Aleix Espargaro - €7,000,000

Crew Chief 1:

Ramon Aurin - €4,000,000
Santi Hernandez - €2,000,000

Rider 2:

Takaaki Nakagami - €2,000,000
Ai Ogura - €1,000,000
Tony Arbolino - €1,000,000
Sergio Garcia - €1,000,000

Crew Chief 2:

Giacomo Guidotti - €2,000,000
Paolo Zavalloni - €1,000,000
Shawn040217

Post by Shawn040217 »

Team : Petronas SIC Yamaha

Rider 1 -
1) Valentino Rossi - €10,750,000 plus VR46 branding on your bike
2) Jorge Lorenzo - €3,200,000

Rider 2 -
1) Toprak Razgatlioglu - €5,500,000
2) Enea Bastianini - €4,250,000
3) Johann Zarco - €4,500,000
4) Iker Lecuona - €1,500,000
5) Adam Norrodin - pays €2,000,000

Crew Chiefs :
1) Estaban Garcia - €2,000,000
2) Noe Herrera - €2,000,000
3) Ramon Foccada - €2,000,000
Last edited by Shawn040217 on 08 Feb 2022, 13:33, edited 1 time in total.