F1 Challenge '99-'02

The place for alternate championships that use real results as a base of forming alternative results, driver careers, and games in general
Sim77

Re: F1 Challenge '99-'02

Post by Sim77 »

Hi to all , i am new here ,

I would like to replace an old GP with a new one in original game f1 challenge 99-02 of course,

for example i want to replace imola with sochi (from f1 mania 2015) i have already downloaded the the Russian gp

i have tried to rename 2015_sochi file to 2002_imola but it doesn't work.

What i have to do ?

Also i am looking for good setups for f1c , for example i have made 1'13'6 in hungary gp but i want something better ,

the competition (m. shumacher) is much faster , 1'12'5 (120% strength)

I appreciate any kind of advice , THANKS
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

Sim77 wrote:Hi to all , i am new here ,

I would like to replace an old GP with a new one in original game f1 challenge 99-02 of course,

for example i want to replace imola with sochi (from f1 mania 2015) i have already downloaded the the Russian gp

What i have to do ?

Also i am looking for good setups for f1c , for example i have made 1'13'6 in hungary gp but i want something better ,

Open the GDB file of the Sochi track in Notepad. Add 2002 after "Filter Properties =". The track should now appear in the 2002 season. If you want to get rid of Imola then just open its GDB file and remove 2002 from Filter Properties.
Eurosport broadcast for the 1990 Mexican GP prequalifying:
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
FullMetalJack
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by FullMetalJack »

Nuppiz wrote:
Sim77 wrote:Hi to all , i am new here ,

What i have to do ?

Open the GDB file of the Sochi track in Notepad. Add 2002 after "Filter Properties =". The track should now appear in the 2002 season. If you want to get rid of Imola then just open its GDB file and remove 2002 from Filter Properties.

The simplicity of it is partly why I play this over GP4 these days. Not quite rFactor simple, but it sure as hell beats GP4 in this aspect.

If the competition is faster, just turn the strength down, you're doing damn well to be on 120%. I wouldn't be anywhere near that even if I was using a wheel.
I like the way Snrub thinks!
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

FullMetalJack wrote:If the competition is faster, just turn the strength down, you're doing damn well to be on 120%. I wouldn't be anywhere near that even if I was using a wheel.

Depends on mod and especially the track. I had to crank it all the way up to 120% on Paul Ricard 1990 and edit the AIW to make the AI even faster so that I would get a proper challenge with realistic laptimes. Meanwhile on some tracks in the very same mod 100% is already enough of a challenge.
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
FullMetalJack
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by FullMetalJack »

Nuppiz wrote:
FullMetalJack wrote:If the competition is faster, just turn the strength down, you're doing damn well to be on 120%. I wouldn't be anywhere near that even if I was using a wheel.

Depends on mod and especially the track. I had to crank it all the way up to 120% on Paul Ricard 1990 and edit the AIW to make the AI even faster so that I would get a proper challenge with realistic laptimes. Meanwhile on some tracks in the very same mod 100% is already enough of a challenge.

Yup. Silverstone is a walk in the park on those mods. Hungaroring on the other hand.................

With Silverstone, it'll be because it's more to do with driver bravery and commitment to taking those corners flat out, and the game can't accurately simulate the challenge of that. Still fun to drive on though, try it in a 2004 car, you'll get lap times of under a minute.
Sim77

Post by Sim77 »

Yes i have edit the file 2015_Sochi.Gdb and replaced the "2015" with "2002" , now i am able to choose russian gp but when loading crashes to desktop !
Last edited by Nuppiz on 13 Dec 2015, 16:57, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Double post
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

Sim77 wrote:Yes i have edit the file 2015_Sochi.Gdb and replaced the "2015" with "2002" , now i am able to choose russian gp but when loading crashes to desktop !

Most likely the SCN file is attempting to look for MAS files in the wrong place. Open it in Notepad and see that the SearchPaths are correct.
Sim77

Post by Sim77 »

If i want to add vehicles & drivers from another mod where is the driver's or the vehicle's filter to edit ?
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

Sim77 wrote:If i want to add vehicles & drivers from another mod where is the driver's or the vehicle's filter to edit ?

For vehicles the filter is found in the .veh file as

Code: Select all

Classes="FormulaOne, OpenWheel, <Filter>"
where <Filter> is replaced with the year/mod in question (for example 1999). If for example you want a 1999 car appear in 2000, you change the 1999 car's vehicle file to read

Classes="FormulaOne, OpenWheel, 2000"
The "FormulaOne, OpenWheel" portion doesn't need to be changed for other types of cars, the only part that matters is the filter. You can also add NotAI after the filter if you want that the AI doesn't use the car and it appears in the race only if you pick it. Like so:

Classes="FormulaOne, OpenWheel, 2001, NotAI"

For drivers you only need to change the line Driver line in the .veh file. For example:

Driver="Esteban Tuero"
The game then checks the SeasonData/Drivers folder for the matching .rcd talent file to determine his/her performance. The file name doesn't have to match, but rather the driver name at the very top of the .rcd document itself. If there is no matching performance file for the driver then he/she just receives a default set of skills (exact details unknown, but seemingly a pretty average one).
FullMetalJack
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by FullMetalJack »

Nuppiz, what was the line of code I had to add to just enter a race as a spectator like you mentioned in the chat earlier?

I thought i'd ask here so I could go back and look if I needed to?
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

FullMetalJack wrote:Nuppiz, what was the line of code I had to add to just enter a race as a spectator like you mentioned in the chat earlier?

I thought i'd ask here so I could go back and look if I needed to?

Add -noplayer after the file path in the game's shortcut. For example:

"C:\F1 Challenge 99-02\F1 Challenge 99-02.exe" -trace=1000 -noplayer
UncreativeUsername37

Post by UncreativeUsername37 »

Nuppiz wrote:If there is no matching performance file for the driver then he/she just receives a default set of skills (exact details unknown, but seemingly a pretty average one).

When I did a name with no match by accident once, I got a super-good driver, as if the stats just defaulted to 0.
Rob Dylan wrote:Mercedes paying homage to the other W12 chassis by breaking down 30 minutes in
Sim77

Post by Sim77 »

Thanks for the replies.

Maybe the best F1C Mod ever is from Valerio , (F1 Challenge VB/AS Multi language All-seasons Mod), I think he managed to convert / taken the tracks from Codemasters F1 , the graphics of the tracks is the best i have ever seen in this game. But he created a very BIG game (60 gb).

So i want to create a mod which includes only one or two seasons (maybe 1993 season, A.Prost against A.Senna). I have taken the interface from Superleague Formula 2009. I have managed to use some tracks but i cannot use the 1993 vehicles. I have edit *.SCN *.GDB and i was able to use the tracks but I cannot use the vehicles while i have edited *.VEH files.
SchumiTheBest21

Post by SchumiTheBest21 »

Hi everyone,

I'm new here.

I would like to know how to fix the wrong AIW files of Imola, Monaco and Canada circuits because AI cars crashing many times. In Imola and Canada AI cars crashing especially when they enter in pits. In Monaco only end the race 4-6 cars as much.

Finally, I would also like to know how improve the AI of F1 Challenge to make it more realistic: more aggressive to overtake, they can to make mistakes, more realistic rain driving, they don't ignore blue flags.

Thanks.
FullMetalJack
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by FullMetalJack »

Two questions for any experts.

Would anyone here be able to guide me as to how to edit the HDV file to make a team more competitive?

For example, I want to change the 1989 Tyrrell to make it the upper midfield car that it was rather than DNQing on a regular basis.

Second question, how would I change the default helmet designs? For example, I want to move Alboreto to Tyrrell and Dalmas to Lola.
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

FullMetalJack wrote:Two questions for any experts.

Would anyone here be able to guide me as to how to edit the HDV file to make a team more competitive?

For example, I want to change the 1989 Tyrrell to make it the upper midfield car that it was rather than DNQing on a regular basis.

Second question, how would I change the default helmet designs? For example, I want to move Alboreto to Tyrrell and Dalmas to Lola.

The easiest way to improve a F1 car in F1C is to give them a better diffuser. By default the 1989 Tyrrell HDV reads like this:

DiffuserBase=(-0.155, -0.7, 23.0) // base lift and 1st/2nd order with rear ride height

I'd suggest changing it to:

DiffuserBase=(-0.205, -0.7, 23.0) // base lift and 1st/2nd order with rear ride height

If this still isn't enough, either increase the diffuser DF further or reduce overall drag (BodyDragBase=(0.414) -> BodyDragBase=(0.404)).

To change helmet graphics the first thing you need is MAStudio so that you can open MAS files and extract files from them. In your first example you need to go to the 1989 Larrousse folder, open Team.mas with MAStudio, extract Alboreto's helmet files (29-1.bmp, 29-2.bmp and 29-3.bmp) from it, move them to the Tyrrell 1989 folder and rename them to match the names their helmets use. I presume you'd want to replace Alesi so the correct file names would be 04-1.bmp, 04-2.bmp and 04-3.bmp. The game now reads Alboreto's helmet files as "belonging" to Alesi's car. The original files stay unmodified so whenever you want to return to defaults you can just delete the renamed BMPs and the game returns to reading the files from the MAS.

This renaming of files generally only works within the same mod. Yannick Dalmas isn't included in David Marques' 1989 mod so you'd have to take Dalmas' helmet from the 1990 mod, however it uses a different helmet template so without modifications the texture won't work in 1989.
FullMetalJack
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by FullMetalJack »

I did consider editing drag originally.

I initially looked at March's hdv as I was planning to make the Tyrrell as quick as the March is in the mod, i.e. able to score semi regular points and a podium if they're lucky, but the files were virtually identical.

I'll try these later and see if they work.
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

FullMetalJack wrote:I did consider editing drag originally.

I initially looked at March's hdv as I was planning to make the Tyrrell as quick as the March is in the mod, i.e. able to score semi regular points and a podium if they're lucky, but the files were virtually identical.

The difference in performance is caused by different engines. The Judd EV used in the March has 622 hp @ 12000 rpm, while the Cosworth DFR used in the Tyrrell has 596 hp @ 11000 rpm.
FullMetalJack
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by FullMetalJack »

Nuppiz wrote:
FullMetalJack wrote:I did consider editing drag originally.

The difference in performance is caused by different engines. The Judd EV used in the March has 622 hp @ 12000 rpm, while the Cosworth DFR used in the Tyrrell has 596 hp @ 11000 rpm.

That'd go some way to explaining why the Brabham is so quick.

But then again, the Arrows would underperform too.
FullMetalJack
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by FullMetalJack »

Nuppiz wrote:
FullMetalJack wrote:Two questions for any experts.

The easiest way to improve a F1 car in F1C is to give them a better diffuser. By default the 1989 Tyrrell HDV reads like this:

DiffuserBase=(-0.155, -0.7, 23.0) // base lift and 1st/2nd order with rear ride height

I'd suggest changing it to:

DiffuserBase=(-0.205, -0.7, 23.0) // base lift and 1st/2nd order with rear ride height

If this still isn't enough, either increase the diffuser DF further or reduce overall drag (BodyDragBase=(0.414) -> BodyDragBase=(0.404)).

To change helmet graphics the first thing you need is MAStudio so that you can open MAS files and extract files from them. In your first example you need to go to the 1989 Larrousse folder, open Team.mas with MAStudio, extract Alboreto's helmet files (29-1.bmp, 29-2.bmp and 29-3.bmp) from it, move them to the Tyrrell 1989 folder and rename them to match the names their helmets use. I presume you'd want to replace Alesi so the correct file names would be 04-1.bmp, 04-2.bmp and 04-3.bmp. The game now reads Alboreto's helmet files as "belonging" to Alesi's car. The original files stay unmodified so whenever you want to return to defaults you can just delete the renamed BMPs and the game returns to reading the files from the MAS.

This renaming of files generally only works within the same mod. Yannick Dalmas isn't included in David Marques' 1989 mod so you'd have to take Dalmas' helmet from the 1990 mod, however it uses a different helmet template so without modifications the texture won't work in 1989.

I'm guessing this works similar to the fix for Pirro's head?
Ciaran

Post by Ciaran »

I just got this game, do you guys have any tips for getting the game to avoid CTDing?
Manager of Calsonic Team Impul in Formula E, K-Apex in PES & Eurasian F3 and Mitsuoka in Alt-F1 '76.
My career mode thread - 1988: AGS (19pts, 9th) // 1989: Arrows (25pts, 8th, 1 win!)
You'll never DNF if you always DNPQ. #RollSafe
noiceinmydrink

Post by noiceinmydrink »

Regenmeister94 wrote:I just got this game, do you guys have any tips for getting the game to avoid CTDing?

This fella here helped a bunch, after I followed this I've been almost entirely CTD-free. Check it out; http://www.nogripracing.com/forum/showp ... stcount=15

One thing I have to ask is, do mechanical failures even work in the game? I've done a few races with a range of seasons and with failures set to Normal and Time Scaled and I never get any retirements, which is a tad pants.
Ciaran

Post by Ciaran »

Mexicola wrote:
Regenmeister94 wrote:I just got this game, do you guys have any tips for getting the game to avoid CTDing?

This fella here helped a bunch, after I followed this I've been almost entirely CTD-free. Check it out; http://www.nogripracing.com/forum/showp ... stcount=15

One thing I have to ask is, do mechanical failures even work in the game? I've done a few races with a range of seasons and with failures set to Normal and Time Scaled and I never get any retirements, which is a tad pants.

I tried that solution last night and it worked a charm.

As for mechanical failures, are you talking about engine failures? Check out the engine files (which are in .ini format, you can use Notepad or rFactor Physics Editor to edit them) in each car's folder, and edit the LifetimeAvg & LivfetimeVar variables in them, and bring them down to c.7-8,000 for LifetimeAvg and c.3-4,000 for LifetimeVar.
Manager of Calsonic Team Impul in Formula E, K-Apex in PES & Eurasian F3 and Mitsuoka in Alt-F1 '76.
My career mode thread - 1988: AGS (19pts, 9th) // 1989: Arrows (25pts, 8th, 1 win!)
UncreativeUsername37

Post by UncreativeUsername37 »

Mexicola wrote:One thing I have to ask is, do mechanical failures even work in the game? I've done a few races with a range of seasons and with failures set to Normal and Time Scaled and I never get any retirements, which is a tad pants.

With either setting (without modifying any of the relevant numbers, obviously), I get around one mechanical retirement per race, so they do work at all, though not well.
Rob Dylan wrote:Mercedes paying homage to the other W12 chassis by breaking down 30 minutes in
Ciaran

Post by Ciaran »

There's also LifetimeEngineRpm and LifetimeOilTemp, you can read more about them here.
Ciaran

Post by Ciaran »

I've hit a huge problem. I downloaded a mod pack for the turbo era, and since installing it I've had CTDs whenever I try to load a track.

I think the problem might be that I've overwritten some texture file somewhere, and now I'm going through the painstaking process of deleting everything in the "SeasonData\Circuits" folder and re-installing the tracks by extracting them to some folder outside of F1 Challenge and then moving them into their appropriate place.

EDIT: I've found LogoMap.MAS, but now this is my trace file:
NetComm.cpp 6949: NetComm checking command line: "trace=1000"
game.cpp 360: Entered Game::Enter()
osman.cpp 420: Entered OSMan::Enter()
vidman.cpp 928: Entered VidMan::Enter()
specialfx.cp 2798: Entered SpecialFX::Enter()
dynman.cpp 507: Entered DynMan::Enter()
plrfile.cpp 2463: Entered PlayerFile::Enter()
sound.cpp 661: Entered Sound::Enter()
hwinput.cpp 5205: Entered HWInput::Enter()
onscreen.cpp 2604: Entered OnScreen::Enter()
game.cpp 430: Entered Game::Setup()
hwinput.cpp 5225: Entered HWInput::Setup()
options.cpp 1169: Entered Options::Setup()
tire_manager 1080: Non-existent tire brand ""
tire_manager 1080: Non-existent tire brand ""
specialfx.cp 2804: Entered SpecialFX::Setup()
steward.cpp 2330: Entered Steward::Setup()
dynman.cpp 519: Entered DynMan::Setup()
sound.cpp 683: Entered Sound::Setup()
onscreen.cpp 2610: Entered OnScreen::Setup()
vidman.cpp 1012: Entered VidMan::Setup()
plrfile.cpp 2473: Entered PlayerFile::Setup()
plrfile.cpp 1766: Attempting to save to SAVE\Ciaran O'Driscoll\Ciaran O'Driscoll.TMP
plrfile.cpp 1789: Retcode: 0 for renaming to SAVE\Ciaran O'Driscoll\Ciaran O'Driscoll.PLR
game.cpp 467: Entered Game::Init()
vidman.cpp 1019: Entered VidMan::Init()
util.cpp 265: Unable to adjust texture for material: PBOX12, tex0=LogoMarc1989.bmp, tex1=LogoMarc.bmp, tex2=PBOX12.bmp
util.cpp 265: Unable to adjust texture for material: PBOX13, tex0=LogoOsel1989.bmp, tex1=LogoOsel.bmp, tex2=PBOX13.bmp
util.cpp 265: Unable to adjust texture for material: PBOX14, tex0=LogoOnyx1989.bmp, tex1=LogoOnyx.bmp, tex2=PBOX14.bmp
util.cpp 265: Unable to adjust texture for material: PBOX15, tex0=LogoEuro1989.bmp, tex1=LogoEuro.bmp, tex2=PBOX15.bmp

ai_db.cpp 2022: Entered AIDatabase::Init()
steward.cpp 2345: Entered Steward::Init()
hwinput.cpp 5258: Entered HWInput::Init()
specialfx.cp 2908: Entered SpecialFX::Init()
specialfx.cp 2928: Could not open SEASONDATA\CIRCUITS\terrain.ini
dynman.cpp 525: Entered DynMan::Init()
pitcrew.cpp 180: CUBE error loading pitcrew mesh PITGUYC.MTS: Could not locate mesh file PITGUYC.MTS

This is driving me INSANE right now. I had it working almost perfectly before I decided to bathplug things up!
Ciaran

Post by Ciaran »

I've sorted out the PBOX12/13/14 etc. problem, but now the newest cause of a CTD is this:

[spoiler]plrfile.cpp 2473: Entered PlayerFile::Setup()
plrfile.cpp 1766: Attempting to save to SAVE\Ciaran O'Driscoll\Ciaran O'Driscoll.TMP
plrfile.cpp 1789: Retcode: 0 for renaming to SAVE\Ciaran O'Driscoll\Ciaran O'Driscoll.PLR
vidman.cpp 1114: CUBE error loading scene file SEASONDATA\CIRCUITS\San_Marino\1989_Imola\1989_Imola.SCN: Could not locate mesh file GRU.MTS
game.cpp 678: Entered Game::Exit()
sound.cpp 768: Entered Sound::Exit()
specialfx.cp 3408: Entered SpecialFX::Exit()
hwinput.cpp 5321: Entered HWInput::Exit()
dynman.cpp 953: Entered DynMan::Exit()
onscreen.cpp 2705: Entered OnScreen::Exit()
vidman.cpp 1457: Entered VidMan::Exit()
osman.cpp 433: Entered OSMan::Exit()

plrfile.cpp 2473: Entered PlayerFile::Setup()
ai_db.cpp 2022: Entered AIDatabase::Init()
steward.cpp 2345: Entered Steward::Init()
hwinput.cpp 5258: Entered HWInput::Init()
specialfx.cp 2908: Entered SpecialFX::Init()
htree.cpp 290: Gaussian elimination for HAT poly failed once
htree.cpp 290: Gaussian elimination for HAT poly failed once
dynman.cpp 525: Entered DynMan::Init()
vehgfx.cpp 1697: Unable to read LOG\vehgen.scn: Could not locate mesh file FE28VA.MTS
vehgfx.cpp 1724: Could not find instance "SLOT003"[/spoiler]

EDIT: Now the game crashes WHEN I TRY TO SELECT A TRACK. It makes me want to bathplug scream!

EDIT 2: I had to do a full re-install, and now it works OK when I'm using the 1989 mod, but the 1990 mod gives me this error:

vehgfx.cpp 1708: Unable to setup after reading LOG\vehgen.scn: Could not locate bitmap file FONDB8SPKRIM01.BMP
Ciaran

Post by Ciaran »

Does anyone know how to edit the AI's driving line in this game? At Jacarepagua there's about a 50% chance that an AI car will just go full speed ahead when entering the pits, and end up smashing into the wall at the pit entry. I found a program called "AIWeditor", but it just shows a dotted line following the track with no indication of where the AI are braking.
Waris

Post by Waris »

Hello everyone,

I'm playing the 1950 mod for this game but unfortunately I noticed that the times, both of the AI cars and of my own car, are unrealistic.
For example, in real life Farina's pole time at Silverstone was 1'50"8, but I myself manage a lap of around 1'40" (in a Ferrari) whereas AI drivers even do 1'35" laps!!

What settings in which performance files do I have to edit in order to make this more realistic?

Many thanks in advance!
MOTOR RACING IS DANGEROUS
Ciaran

Post by Ciaran »

Waris wrote:Hello everyone,

I'm playing the 1950 mod for this game but unfortunately I noticed that the times, both of the AI cars and of my own car, are unrealistic.
For example, in real life Farina's pole time at Silverstone was 1'50"8, but I myself manage a lap of around 1'40" (in a Ferrari) whereas AI drivers even do 1'35" laps!!

What settings in which performance files do I have to edit in order to make this more realistic?

Many thanks in advance!

There's three files which will impact performance:
  1. HDV file - this largely decides the handling of your car. The [FRONTWING] and [REARWING] sections won't be much use to you, because your car probably has negligible downforce. Instead, look at [BODYAERO] and increase the BodyDrag number. Seeing as you're racing against cars which are up to 15% a lap faster around Silverstone than real life, increase the BodyDrag by at least that much.
  2. INI file - this decides the engine performance. You can download rFactor Physics Editor for this, because rFactor's engine files are also in a .ini format. You can also open the file in Notepad and just put the line "GeneralPowerMult *= 0.9" if you want to reduce power to 90%.
  3. TBC file - this is the tyre physics file. The lines starting with "AIGripMult" give the AI a slight boost in grip, but this is to compensate for their inherent oversteering. If you want to peg back the AI, just decrease the difficulty level in the Options menu instead.
Waris

Post by Waris »

Regenmeister94 wrote:There's three files which will impact performance:
  1. HDV file - this largely decides the handling of your car. The [FRONTWING] and [REARWING] sections won't be much use to you, because your car probably has negligible downforce. Instead, look at [BODYAERO] and increase the BodyDrag number. Seeing as you're racing against cars which are up to 15% a lap faster around Silverstone than real life, increase the BodyDrag by at least that much.

I see three lines that start with BodyDrag:

BodyDragBase=(0.2900)           // base drag
BodyDragHeightAvg=(0.402)       // drag increase with average ride height
BodyDragHeightDiff=(0.910)      // drag increase with front/rear ride height difference

Is BodyDragBase the number you are talking about? Or should I increase them all?
MOTOR RACING IS DANGEROUS
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

BodyDragBase should be enough. Keep increasing that until your laptimes slow down by the desired amount, then decrease AI difficulty until the top drivers are around their real-life performance.
Elioeliomata

Post by Elioeliomata »

I have downloaded f1c vmt 2015 mod and when i race with the AI,appart me all the AI have the same wheel (the classic one) . Is possible that also them can have their wheel of 2015?
5zal

Post by 5zal »

Hi!

Currently i'm playing the VMT 2015 mode. I'm just wondering, in 'Race mode' my AI qualifying time much quicker than during the Championship season. For example, my AI recorded 1.46.xxx for 'Race mode'. But during the Championship race, the gap was too much different, which is 1.50.xxx . With same Al strength & agression for both 'Race' & 'Championship' mode, is that a normal? It was very easy for me to score the podium finisher in championship season, but i was struggling to match the pace with Al when in the 'Race'. :facepalm: :facepalm:
FMecha

Post by FMecha »

What are good F1C GT/endurance mods? And how I retire from a race without quitting the race so I can spectate the AI? :)
PSN ID: FMecha_EXE | FMecha on GT Sport
FullMetalJack
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by FullMetalJack »

FMecha wrote:And how I retire from a race without quitting the race so I can spectate the AI?

You can't i'm afraid, you can get yourself disqualified though, then your car will stay in the race and won't go to the end screen.
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

FMecha wrote:What are good F1C GT/endurance mods? And how I retire from a race without quitting the race so I can spectate the AI? :)

1. WGTS (get it here: ftp://87.229.14.12/hsw/f1challenge/Mod/)
2. Deactivate pitlane assistance, drive to the pitlane (so you won't cause yellow flags) and park in a safe place (so you won't block any AI cars).
FMecha

Post by FMecha »

So I installed Prototype C mod today, but when I run the game from the Virtua LM launcher, I did not get any of the Prototype C cars/tracks, only default stuff. What to do? :?
Ciaran

Post by Ciaran »

FMecha wrote:So I installed Prototype C mod today, but when I run the game from the Virtua LM launcher, I did not get any of the Prototype C cars/tracks, only default stuff. What to do? :?

I think you need to go into the "Driver" menu from the main menu to switch to the Prototype C series.
FMecha

Post by FMecha »

Regenmeister94 wrote:
FMecha wrote:So I installed Prototype C mod today, but when I run the game from the Virtua LM launcher, I did not get any of the Prototype C cars/tracks, only default stuff. What to do? :?

I think you need to go into the "Driver" menu from the main menu to switch to the Prototype C series.

In-game I presume? After starting it and checking there, none of the Prototype C stuff appears. :(