The GP Rejects Livery Design Competition - Round 1

The place for alternate championships that use real results as a base of forming alternative results, driver careers, and games in general
takagi_for_the_win

The GP Rejects Livery Design Competition - Round 1

Post by takagi_for_the_win »

To all 4 forum members who frequent the BSMF on a regular basis, good evening. Take a seat, fold your arms, and let us go on a trip back in time...

It's December 2010. Following an incredible debut season in F1, during which they sometimes finished not last (by dint of not finishing at all), Hispania Racing Team have stumbled upon a slight problem as they plan for their assault on the 2011 F1 season: no one wants to sponsor them. Literally no one. Team members are unsure as to the exact reasoning for this, but they have narrowed it down to two possible reasons: a) that no one wants to spend their hard earned cash in the middle of a recession to be associated with a rather dysfunctional outfit, or b) that the washed out black car at the back is so boring to look at that no TV camera is ever going to go near it, so it's not worth paying to put stickers on it.

Safe in the knowledge that the Dallara boys are preparing to give you the exact same car that you used to great effect last year, surely race wins are just around the corner. This should prevent possibility a from ever happening again. However, the team want a funky, jazzy, eye-catching livery to catch the eyes of the broadcasters and fans alike, guaranteeing loads of TV time to show to investors that the team is worth the money.

So your goal, should you choose to accept it or not, is to design a nice new livery for the team. They want it to be eye-catching obviously, but not too garish that it'd become the figure of ridicule. As part of your brief, you should include either of the numbers 22 or 23 as part of the design, and also if you so wish a Tata logo, because reasons. The template below is your canvas for this challenge, lovingly provided by ThisCouldBeYou in his thread.

Go nuts, boys and girls! Spread your wings, fly to MSPaint/Gimp/Photoshop/your easel and paintbrush, and produce some masterpieces.

Hard to tell if there'll be any entries at all, but I'll tentatively give a closing date for entries of 12:00 pm BST, 25th July 2018. Depends on whether or not we'll have any entries obviously, so in that case I might change that date. Then again, I might not. I'm crazy me.
TORA! TORA! TORA!
John Rafael

Re: The GP Rejects Livery Design Competition - Round 1

Post by John Rafael »

My first try. May I submit more than one?
    Unfortunately I have too many hobbies, so I only show up here once every 14 months. Still, do not remove me, I like to see the topics.
takagi_for_the_win

Post by takagi_for_the_win »

Nice opening effort there! Yeah, submit as many as you want.
TORA! TORA! TORA!
This Could Be You

Post by This Could Be You »

Here's my effort, which while not anywhere near as flashy as John Rafael's, hopefully makes up for this through blind patriotism and crowd-pleasing retro touches (see the black and yellow wings and West Mclaren style driver names on the sidepods):
Your Signature Here

Named after HRT, now on HRT
BKGlover

Post by BKGlover »

Well, this is likely the worst that will be submitted, but I wanted to try. I went to history a bit and referred back to the oldinternational racing colors, abandoned by the FIA back in the late 60's/early 70's. Some of them aren't too bad though, Spain's is a red body with a yellow bonnet, so I took that and spread the yellow to the back of the car. It also calls for black numbers on yellow or white ones on red, and I extended this to the decals short of the actual team logo on the sidepod. Not seen in this view, the HRT logo on the rear wing, Tata on both front elements, Pirelli somewhere on the nose, and finally the Spanish Coat of Arms wherever it would fit.

AdrianBelmonte_

Post by AdrianBelmonte_ »

#FoxesFansHooligans

#HaasShouldBeSoLucky
John Rafael

Post by John Rafael »

Shouldn't we have a result?
    Unfortunately I have too many hobbies, so I only show up here once every 14 months. Still, do not remove me, I like to see the topics.