[Cockpit Manager] Proud Green

The place for alternate championships that use real results as a base of forming alternative results, driver careers, and games in general
John Rafael

[Cockpit Manager] Proud Green

Post by John Rafael »

2000. Stewart F1 is bought by Ford and turns into Jaguar Racing. With Cosworth engines, the green team of Milton Keynes starts its journey in Formula One with veterans Eddie Irvine and Johnny Herbert. We all know what happened, but this time, I'll try to do things different. This is "Proud Green", a career running in Cockpit Manager.

What is Cockpit Manager?
Cockpit Manager is a racing management game, similar to old Elifoot or Championship Manager. It was made in Brazil, in 2014, and there has been a strong community in Fantasy Racing using Cockpit Manager, especially in Facebook Groups.

So, is this difficult?
In Cockpit Manager, is quite difficult, because Cosworth engine for the 2000 Season is 10% worst than the better Engine. And for obvious reasons, I can't choose other engines.

So I'll need to balance it with investment. This is my first screen, the money the team already invests.

I should select up to three sponsors during the season, but nothing before starting the races.

The Drivers
First - Eddie Irvine: 1999 vice-champion, comes from Ferrari in a swap from Barrichello.
Second - Johnny Herbert: Kept from Stewart
Test - Luciano Burti

I don't have too much hope for this season. I need to save money and hope for a better season in 2001. I'll invest slowly, depending on what sponsors appear to me. And search for new drivers, since both of them, are too old and expensive for my taste.

In the next post, the season of 2000.
    Unfortunately I have too many hobbies, so I only show up here once every 14 months. Still, do not remove me, I like to see the topics.
Aislabie

Re: [Cockpit Manager] Proud Green

Post by Aislabie »

Thank you for pointing me towards this game - I just finished the 2015 season in 7th with Sauber, and Nasr 10th in the drivers'. This is both fun and frustrating, as management games should be.
John Rafael

Post by John Rafael »

Race 1 - Australia

I just hate how I could lose this podium in the last moment. Eddie Irvine was third the entire race. Johnny Herbert reached the 42nd lap, but electric problems made him leave the race. I already know where to invest first.

In other news, I chose my drivers for the next season, or at least two of them.

Mark Webber will be the second driver. I got him from Arrows in a good contract. Unfortunately, the Cockpit Manager doesn't have a pay-driver option.

For testing, I picked Sebastien Bourdais, since he accepted a lower salary. Also, I was curious about his stats. In Cockpit Manager, one can't see the stats of non-contracted drivers.

Now, I need to choose a first driver, with better stats and a decent contract. My focus is currently evolving the car.
    Unfortunately I have too many hobbies, so I only show up here once every 14 months. Still, do not remove me, I like to see the topics.
Dom_Wings

Post by Dom_Wings »

That's a really good game! Unfortunately it has its flaws (especially the fact unregistered users cannot even make driver signings mid-season), but I like it ;)

Let's see how Jaguar does!
Join the GPR Discord server! https://discord.com/invite/6YDQ3aV