Jacob Reid's career in top-class motorsport (2005-)

Archive for the three above subforums
Jacob Reid

Jacob Reid's career in top-class motorsport (2005-)

Post by Jacob Reid »

OOC: I know Atlantics aren't top-class but it's like a prologue. These were raced on either rFactor or GTR2. All races I did not race at were simulated using rFactor/GTR2's time acceleration as skipping is random.

I had been reserve driver for Williams from 2002-2004, and I finally had my chance to race a professional race. The 2005 Toyota Atlantic Series with PoleStar in the #21 car on a part-time schedule, running 5 of the 12 races. I came to Long Beach, and qualified 4th with, my Team-Mates, Antoine Bessette on pole, and Katherine Legge 3rd. I tried to make a move around the outside of Katherine, but got forced out and lost a place. It took me 5 laps to get to 3rd, making it a PoleStar 1-2-3 and started to close in on Katherine. On lap 29, I was on the back of Legge, when Antoine clipped the fountain and spun, handing me 2nd and giving me a chance for the win. Although, in my excitement I ran wide and all hopes for 1st were lost.
Results:
1. Katherine Legge – PoleStar
2. Jacob Reid – PoleStar
3. Charles Zwolman – Condor
4. Antoine Bessette – PoleStar
5. David Martinez – US RaceTronics

I came to Toronto, Round 7, for my 2nd race in the season. I got pole, from Zwolman and then from Katherine. It was a pretty uneventful race, with me leading the first 30 laps but, Katherine had caught up to me and dived up the inside into turn 1, however I cut back but could not overtake her. Katherine went on to win her fourth race of the season and I settled for 2nd.
Results:
2. Jacob Reid – PoleStar
3. David Martinez – US RaceTronics
4. Charles Zwolman – Condor
5. Tonis Kasemets – Team Tonis

My third race of the season was at Round 8, Edmonton. Katherine took pole, and I got 4th. Katherine led the whole race, and once again I fought up to 2nd and managed to close in but could not overtake her. She won her fifth race of the season and I got another 2nd
Results:
2. Jacob Reid – PoleStar
3. Tonis Kasements – Team Tonis
4. Antoine Bessette – PoleStar
5. Alfred Unser – Brooks Associates

Race 4 of my season came at San Jose, Round 9. I took pole, with my team-mates in 2nd and 3rd. I stormed away to take a dominate victory, from Katherine Legge and Antoine Bessette, making it a PoleStar 1-2-3.
Results:
1. Jacob Reid – PoleStar
2. Katherine Legge – PoleStar
3. Antoine Bessette – PoleStar
4. Charles Zwolsman – Condor
5. David Martinez – US RaceTronics

My final race of the season came at the last round at Montreal, a track I was familiar with from Formula One. I took pole, from Katherine, Antoine was in 5th. Katheine took me in Turn 2, and I managed to keep up for the next 23 laps, before making a move into the last chicane and taking my second win of the season, and Katherine won the title.
Results:
1. Jacob Reid – PoleStar
2. Katherine Legge – PoleStar
3. Charles Zwolsman – Condor
4. David Martinez – US RaceTronics
5. Andreas Wirth – Brooks Associates

Championship Standings:
1. Katherine Legge
2. Charles Zwolsman
3. Antoine Bessette
4. David Martinez
5. Tonis Kasemets
8. Jacob Reid

OOC: More soon from the 2006 ChampCar World Series (and maybe a bit of Grand Am)