Takagi's F1 1996 - Brazilian Grand Prix results up!

Archive for the three above subforums
takagi_for_the_win

Takagi's F1 1996 - Brazilian Grand Prix results up!

Post by takagi_for_the_win »

Welcome welcome, one and all. Yes, I'm back for good (kinda), and yes, I'm taking another stab at this whole running a game lark. Yes, I know I've had two previous goes and went awol with both, but this time will be different seeing as I'm now an adult with an actual sense of responsibility and shite. Plus I'm at the start of a 5 month summer holiday and I need to do something to preserve my sanity. Anyways, onto the game!

As the title suggests, this is an F1 game, based around the management of F1 teams, starting with the 1996 season and hopefully moving through to the modern day. For running this game I'm using spreadsheets, black magic, a maths degree and guesswork; similar to Tommykl's wonderful series based in the 50's, just a bit shitter.

As of now, just shout out what team you want, and you'll become their Flav/Ron Dennis/Jean Toad. I'll whack budgets up in this post, and hopefully by tomorrow have a nice spreadsheet up to convey everything in a nice format, seeing as I'm currently on my phone.

Ferrari - Normal32
1. Michael Schumacher
2. Damon Hill
TD: Luca Badoer

Benetton-Renault - RedEyes504
3. Jacques Villeneuve
4. Mika Salo
TD: Vincenzo Sospiri

Williams-Renault - Wizzie
5. Jean Alesi
6. Mika Hakkinen
TD: Gil de Ferran

McLaren-Mercedes - Gonzalez
7. Heinz-Harald Frentzen
8. Gerhard Berger
TD: Pedro Diniz

Ligier-Mugen - Salamander
9. Olivier Panis
10. Pedro Lamy
TD: Giovanni Lavaggi

Jordan-Yamaha - thor97
11. David Coulthard
12. Martin Brundle
TD: Allan McNish

Sauber-Peugeot - Reject_Dom
14. Rubens Barrichello
15. Ukyo Katayama
TD: Marc Goosens

Arrows-Yamaha - Pi314
16. Jan Magnussen
17. Andrea Montermini
TD: Jean-Denis Deletraz

Tyrrell-Ford - This Could Be You
18. Eddie Irvine
19. Giancarlo Fisichella
TD: Taki Inoue

Minardi-Hart - Collieafc
20. Jos Verstappen
21. Tarso Marques
TD: Norberto Fontana

Forti-Hart - Aislabie
22. Ricardo Rosset
23. Kenny Brack
TD: Patrick Lemarie

Once team sign ups are complete, or more realistically once I've got myself in order, I'll provide more details about engine and driver signing and whatnot. (Hint: expect RNG's.)

Waiting List
Biscione/DemocalypseNow
Bandon23
Last edited by takagi_for_the_win on 29 Nov 2017, 12:52, edited 33 times in total.
TORA! TORA! TORA!
This Could Be You

Re: 1996 Formula One Management Game

Post by This Could Be You »

I'll try not to kill off Tyrrell, please
Your Signature Here

Named after HRT, now on HRT
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

May I take Sauber, please?
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
takagi_for_the_win

This Could Be You wrote:I'll try not to kill off Tyrrell, please

Certainement.

Ataxia wrote:May I take Sauber, please?

Seeing as you asked so nicely, yes.
TORA! TORA! TORA!
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

I'll go with Ligier, why not.
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
Normal32

Post by Normal32 »

Ferrari for me.
Pasta_maldonado wrote:I think normal32 is an old English farmer re-incarnated
Aislabie

Post by Aislabie »

It's got to be Forti hasn't it? Although this team might be run a bit differently to the real life Forti in that it will be run.
thor97

Post by thor97 »

Jordan for me
Fernando Alonso wrote:The Engine Feels good
Much Slower than Before
Amazing
Gonzalez

Post by Gonzalez »

Mighty Ol'Mclaren pls, my friend.
RedEyes504

Post by RedEyes504 »

I'll take Benetton
Alexander Wurz is timeless and endless and eternal.
takagi_for_the_win

Salamander wrote:I'll go with Ligier, why not.

Oui oui.

Normal32 wrote:Ferrari for me.

Bellisimo.

Aislabie wrote:It's got to be Forti hasn't it? Although this team might be run a bit differently to the real life Forti in that it will be run.

Good luck, you're going to need it.

thor97 wrote:Jordan for me

Gonzalez wrote:Mighty Ol'Mclaren pls, my friend.

RedEyes504 wrote:I'll take Benetton

All duly noted.
TORA! TORA! TORA!
pi314159

Re: 1996 Formula One Management Game - Team Sign-ups

Post by pi314159 »

I'll take Arrows
pasta_maldonado wrote:The stewards have recommended that Alan Jones learns to drive.
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

I'll take Williams
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
andrew

Post by andrew »

That went quickly. Minardi for me it seems.
Collieafc

Post by Collieafc »

Drat! Just missed out!

Can I go on the waiting list please?
DanielPT wrote:Life usually expires after 400 meters and always before reaching 2 laps or so. In essence, Life is short.
takagi_for_the_win

Right then, all the teams have been allotted, and so we move on to the next step of the process: engine and driver signing.

Engines

As the name suggests, this is the part where you sign engines. From the list below, pick three engines, and place your bids in the order of preference below. The base value is a minimum bid; companies won't listen to bids below that amount. Obviously, the more you bid, the more likely you are to get the engine of your choice, but the RNG is a weird beast so who knows. Obviously Ferrari will only run with Ferrari engines, so the cost of that engine has already been deducted from the Ferrari team budget, and as you can see a few engine suppliers have preferred teams.

So tl;dr send me a PM listing your 3 preferred engine suppliers and how much you're bidding for each (if you don't specify your amount I'll assume you're bidding the base value), and keep some money spare for drivers.

As I'm a lazy so and so, I haven't actually done the spreadsheet for drivers yet, but that'll be up by this evening. If you pm your engine bids asap, then later pm driver choices too that'd be ace.

BOTH ENGINE AND DRIVER BIDS TO BE SENT THROUGH PM
TORA! TORA! TORA!
takagi_for_the_win

Re: 1996 Formula One Management Game - PM Engine bids

Drivers

Same drill as with the engines; PM your preferred drivers in the following format:

Driver 1
Choice #1
Choice #2
Choice #3

Driver 2
Choice #1
Choice #2
Choice #3

Test Driver
Choice #1
Choice #2
Choice #3

Again, for the first round of offers the base value is the minimum the driver will accept. Obviously, the more you offer the more likely it is that the driver will accept your offer, but again, it's in the lap of the gods. This list is far from definitive; if there's a driver that you think would realistically have competed in F1 in 1996 that isn't on this list than feel free to ask for what his salary demands may be, and if there's a pay driver that you'd like to see that isn't on the list just ask.

Aislabie, This Could Be You and Salamander: seeing as you PM'ed me your engine bids before you even knew the state of affairs with drivers, I'll allow you to resend your engine bids if you so wish.

As per, PM me your bids for engines and drivers.
TORA! TORA! TORA!
takagi_for_the_win

Re: 1996 Formula One Management Game - PM Engine & Driver bi

Apologies for the triple post, but I forgot to mention one thing in relation to pay drivers. If you offer a pay driver a role of test driver, their sponsors only pay you half of what they would bring to a race seat. (Diniz would only bring 1m for a testing role etc)

Also, while I'm here, I'll talk about chassis.

This game starts in the 1996 season, and you'll be using your teams real-life chassis as a base point. In a bid to cut back on costs, the FIA have banned private testing and instead will offer a series of FIA sanctioned free tests over the course of the season; the first one being after the flyaway races, at Circuit de Catalunya. At these tests, teams can attempt to upgrade either speed, grip, or reliability. Upgrades can either be smalll, normal or large. Small cost £250,000, medium £500,000 and large £1,000,000. The closer you are to the theoretical maximum in each field, the chances of the upgrade being successful diminish ever so slightly.

Again, in light of all this new info, if anyone wants to revise their bids, knock yourselves out. :P
TORA! TORA! TORA!
Aislabie

Post by Aislabie »

Oooh, pay drivers! Don't mind if I do
takagi_for_the_win

This process has gone a lot quicker than I thought it would, but I'm still waiting for bids from McLaren, Benetton, Minardi, and driver bids from Ligier. After those have been received, we can start the sheer delight that is known as RNG's.
TORA! TORA! TORA!
takagi_for_the_win

Still awaiting bids from McLaren, Benetton and a test driver from Minardi. Thus, if Gonzalez (who I know is having computer trouble atm admittedly), RedEyes504 and andrew could get onto that, then we can start the RNG's.
TORA! TORA! TORA!
takagi_for_the_win

Re: 1996 Formula One Management Game - RedEyes pls

If RedEyes504 could please submit his bids by 16:00 GMT, Saturday 8th April please. I've emailed you as well, just in case he/she isn't on the forum to see this. If there are no bids received before then I'll run the RNG without Benetton and they'll have to make do with the leftovers.
TORA! TORA! TORA!
Collieafc

Post by Collieafc »

takagi_for_the_win wrote:If RedEyes504 could please submit his bids by 16:00 GMT, Saturday 8th April please. I've emailed you as well, just in case he/she isn't on the forum to see this. If there are no bids received before then I'll run the RNG without Benetton and they'll have to make do with the leftovers.

Dont worry, the vultures are circulating...
DanielPT wrote:Life usually expires after 400 meters and always before reaching 2 laps or so. In essence, Life is short.
Aislabie

Post by Aislabie »

takagi_for_the_win wrote:If RedEyes504 could please submit his bids by 16:00 GMT, Saturday 8th April please. I've emailed you as well, just in case he/she isn't on the forum to see this. If there are no bids received before then I'll run the RNG without Benetton and they'll have to make do with the leftovers.

I'd actually be really interested to see how this would turn out for them given how eccentric series on this forum can be. For instance, when I ran started a 2005 season on here, then a team in Benetton's position could still have picked up Barrichello, Button, Montoya and a Honda engine.
takagi_for_the_win

Aislabie wrote:

I'd actually be really interested to see how this would turn out for them given how eccentric series on this forum can be. For instance, when I ran started a 2005 season on here, then a team in Benetton's position could still have picked up Barrichello, Button, Montoya and a Honda engine.

They'd be screwed with regards to engines, but chances are they'll be able to pick up a few well-known drivers.
TORA! TORA! TORA!
RedEyes504

Post by RedEyes504 »

takagi_for_the_win wrote:
Aislabie wrote:

They'd be screwed with regards to engines, but chances are they'll be able to pick up a few well-known drivers.

Benetton
I'll bid for 1. Renault - 2. Peugeot - 3. Yamaha engines then and for the hell of it lets see what drivers are left after the RNG
takagi_for_the_win

RedEyes504 wrote:Benetton
I'll bid for 1. Renault - 2. Peugeot - 3. Yamaha engines then and for the hell of it lets see what drivers are left after the RNG

Thank you. I'll make a start on the RNG's today.
TORA! TORA! TORA!
takagi_for_the_win

Re: 1996 Formula One Management Game - Engine RNG's up!

Engine RNG time!!

First things first, Ferrari get the Ferrari engine, as already outlined. Also, as Minardi's priority choice was the unlimited Hart engines, they get those as well.

For the RNGs, first up is Renault. Two slots here and three bids; Williams and Benetton wish to renew their partnerships, but Arrows have lodged a surprise bid for the French engines.

Williams 0-50
Benetton 51-95
Arrows 96-100

45! Williams continue with the Renault powerplants for the 8th season in a row.

Benetton 1-90
Arrows 91-100

38! Benetton renew their partnership with the engine supplier that helped them to their first WDC and WCC double last season.

As a by-product of this, McLaren get the Mercedes-Benz contract as Williams were the only other team to bid, and the Woking outfit had Mercedes as their main priority.

Next up, Mugen-Honda. The Japanese outfit were immensely popular, with bids from Ligier, Arrows, Sauber, Tyrrell and Forti. Williams also bid for the sole contract, but Mugen weren't their first choice.

Ligier 0-30
Arrows 31-50
Sauber 51-80
Tyrrell 81-95
Forti 96-100

17! Ligier renew their partnership with Mugen from 1995. As a result of this, Forti have to make do with their second choice, Hart.

Up next are Peugeot. Midfielders Arrows, Jordan and Sauber all bid for the single contract, with Jordan bidding slightly more than the other two.

Arrows 1-30
Jordan 31-70
Sauber 71-100

92! Sauber gazump Jordan, who lose Peugeot power after just one season.

Next up are the V10 Fords. Two bids, Jordan and Tyrell, for one spot.

Jordan 1-65
Tyrrell 66-100

91! Tyrrell pull off a major coup, beating Jordan for the V10 engines. As a result, Jordan have to settle for their third choice, Yamaha.

That leaves Arrows without an engine. Pi, you have a choice of Hart, Ford V8, or Yamaha; all have contracts ready, so all you need to do is bid the base value for the engine of your choice. I'll try and start the driver RNG's this afternoon.
TORA! TORA! TORA!
pi314159

Post by pi314159 »

Well, that gamble didn't work out. Ok, Yamaha it is because they're the least awful out of these F3 engines.
pasta_maldonado wrote:The stewards have recommended that Alan Jones learns to drive.
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

pi314159 wrote:Well, that gamble didn't work out. Ok, Yamaha it is because they're the least awful out of these F3 engines.

Fernando, is that you? :P
Everything's great.
takagi_for_the_win

And now, the main attraction, the stars of the show, the drivers!

First of all, two times runner up Damon Hill received only one offer; from Ferrari to be their second driver for £12m. Hill gratefully accepts.

Jean Alesi is next up. He has a guaranteed offer, and a payrise, from Williams, or he can stay with his beloved Ferrari, and see if the two drivers ahead of him in the pecking order turn down Ferrari. Normally Ferrari wouldn't stand a chance, but this is Alesi.

Ferrari 0-40
Williams 41-100

82! Jean Alesi becomes the new team leader at Williams-Renault.

Michael Schumacher received two offers: Ferrari and McLaren. Both offers are identical, but what could swing it is that Ferrari have won in each of the last two seasons, and shown signs of progress, whereas McLaren have been sliding back down the field.

Ferrari 0-62
McLaren 63-100

39! Michael Schumacher takes the #1 to Ferrari, where he'll join up with arch-rival Hill.

Olivier Panis was hot property, attracting bids from Williams, Ferrari, Ligier, Sauber, Arrows and Tyrrell. The Ferrari bid was rescinded, as Hill got in ahead of him, and the Ligier seat was the only guaranteed one.

0-47 Ligier
48-95 Williams
96 Arrows
97-99 Sauber
100 Tyrrell

55! Panis might go to Williams, it just depends on the whereabouts of their first choice for the second seat.

That man is Mika Hakkinen, who also had a guaranteed offer from McLaren, as well as a potential drive with Jordan. Naturally he's more inclined to Williams than McLaren, with Jordan a mere afterthought.

0-40 McLaren
41-97 Williams
98-100 Jordan

55! Hakkinen partners Alesi at Williams. That also leaves Panis in the lurch.

Back to Panis. Now with only Ligier, Sauber and Tyrrell to choose from (Arrows withdrew from bidding), with the Ligier seat being both guaranteed and having a higher salary, the choice shouldn't be too hard.

1-94 Ligier
95-98 Sauber
99-100 Tyrrell

62! Panis stays with Ligier.
TORA! TORA! TORA!
takagi_for_the_win

Re: Takagi's F1 1996 - Engines and Driver RNG's part 1 up!

Driver RNG 2 - Electric Boogaloo

Next up is Rubens Barrichello. The Brazilian has two offers; a guaranteed drive with Sauber, or a potential renewal with Jordan. The Jordan deal is worth slightly more, but the Sauber seat is guaranteed.

1-30 Jordan
31-100 Sauber

40! Barrichello leaves for Sauber after 3 seasons with Jordan.

As a result of this move, Jos Verstappen sees his offer for the lead Sauber seat gone, and now only has an offer from Minardi. Jos the boss accepts, and boogies over to Faenza.

Eddie Irvine, as a result of Hill signing for Ferrari, only has one offer- Tyrrell. It's a guaranteed offer to lead the team, so Irvine accepts.

Next up is young Italian Giancarlo Fisichella. Fisi has identical offers from Tyrrell and Arrows.

1-50 Tyrrell
51-100 Arrows

9! Fisichella joins Irvine at Tyrrell to form an exciting driver line-up.
TORA! TORA! TORA!
thor97

Post by thor97 »

I JUST LOVE RNG :facepalm:
Fernando Alonso wrote:The Engine Feels good
Much Slower than Before
Amazing
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

thor97 wrote:I JUST LOVE RNG :facepalm:

Put in better bids then. If you really wanted Barrichello or Hakkinen you should've made them top choices.
Everything's great.
takagi_for_the_win

Driver RNG's, Part the Third

Heinz-Harald Frentzen received three offers; one from Ligier to be team leader (which is obviously now gone), and two from McLaren. As a result of Schumacher turning down McLaren, Frentzen can be team leader, and as a result of Hakkinen turning down McLaren, he can be the second driver. McLaren are normally a team that maintain equal status, and both seats have equal pay, so I'd say it's 50-50.

1-50 Becomes McLaren's nominal A driver
51-100 Becomes McLaren's nominal B driver

17! Frentzen rekindles his relationship with Mercedes engines at McLaren.

Next up is David Coulthard. The young Scot has two offers; one from McLaren, and one from Jordan. He feels McLaren will be more competitive, especially with their McLaren power, but the Jordan seat has a few more readies going for it.

1-65 McLaren
66-100 Jordan

81! Coulthard turns down Ron Dennis, and pootles off to lead Jordan's charge in 1996.

Next is Pedro Lamy. The Portuguese brings a large wad of cash, which several teams have found attractive. He received offers to race from Ligier, Forti, Jordan and Sauber, and testing offers from Tyrrell and Arrows. Naturally he rejected the testing offers, and focussed on the driving ones. Accepting the Ligier or Forti offers would guarantee him a seat, whereas the other two are conditional on other drivers rejecting them.

1-45 Ligier
46-60 Forti
61-80 Sauber
81-100 Jordan

43! Lamy gives Forti a surprising amount of consideration but in the end plumps for the Ligier seat alongside Panis.

Next is fellow paydriver Ukyo Katayama, the greatest Grand Prix driver that Grand Prix racing has ever produced. He has a testing offer from Forti, and two guaranteed seats at Sauber and Arrows. Katayama dismisses the testing seat, and focusses on securing a midfield seat.

1-60 Sauber
61-100 Arrows

18! Katayama takes his Japanese Tobacco monies to Sauber.

Up next we have Jan Magnussen. The young Dane has two guaranteed race seats; one with Arrows and one with Jordan. Both offer identical salaries, so naturally it comes to down which of the two is more likely to offer a competitive package.

1-35 Arrows
36-100 Jordan

15! Magnussen decides that the low pressure environment at Arrows will be best for his development.

Marc Goosens only has one offer; a testing role at Sauber. He gratefully accepts.
TORA! TORA! TORA!
takagi_for_the_win

Driver RNG's Part the Fourth - Takagi Reverts Back To Alcoholism

Next is Pedro Diniz. The diminutive Brazilian has several offers; he can stick with the Forti team that gave him his debut, he can test for McLaren, or he can move up the grid to either Jordan or Arrows. He prefers the Jordan and Arrows offers, seeing as they're the most competitive, but he isn't amiss to testing for a team like McLaren either. Forti sadly appear to be a mere afterthough.

1-15 McLaren
16-65 Jordan
66-95 Arrows
96-100 Forti

4! Diniz decides to take his moolah to a testing role with McLaren.

Our next Brazilian pay driver is Tarso Marques. Young Tarso has four offers remaining; he can choose to test for either Tyrrell or Jordan, or he can choose to race for either Forti or Minardi. Like any young aspiring paydriver he'd prefer to race, but getting a testing gig at a midtable team is weirdly enticing.

1-45 Minardi
46-48 Tyrrell
49-93 Forti
94-100 Jordan

17! Lamy will debut for Minardi this year.

Up next on the paydriver wheel of fortune is Andrea Montermini. The Italian has a testing offer from Jordan, as well as offers of a race seat from both Arrows and Forti. Montermini would prefer to drive, but again, testing for an established midtable team isn't a bad offer.

1-40 Forti
41-50 Jordan
51-100 Arrows

85! Montermini completes the racing line-up at Arrows.

Another RNG, another Brazilian pay-driver. This time it's the turn of Ricardo Rosset, who has the unenviable choice of either racing for Forti, or testing for one of Ligier, Jordan or Arrows. Again, he fancies making the step-up from F3000 to a raceseat, but testing for a midtable team is a viable alternative.

1-20 Ligier
21-70 Forti
71-80 Arrows
81-100 Jordan

56! Forti have their first driver, and Rosset has his F1 debut in the bag.

We're at that stage in the off-season where most seats have been taken, but one driver remains popular for his moolah. I'm talking about Giovanni Lavaggi, who has the offer of a race seat with Forti, or the offer of testing with one of Minardi, Tyrrell or Ligier. As always, the race seat takes precedence, followed by testing in order for bigger teams.

1-5 Minardi
6-25 Ligier
26-30 Tyrrell
31-100 Forti

23! Montermini takes up the testing berth at Ligier.

Luca Badoer only has one offer, that of a testing seat at Ferrari. He duly accepts.

Likewise, Gil de Ferran snaps up his sole offer; a testing contract with Williams.

Because of the way that the cards have fallen, Patrick Lemarie has been offered an entry into the world of open wheeled racing with a testing offer from Forti. He accepts. Finally, this frees up Norberto Fontana to accept a testing contract from Minardi.
TORA! TORA! TORA!
takagi_for_the_win

Again, sorry for the double post, but budgets are now updated. Teams with vacancies left, POST YOUR BIDS IN THE THREAD. You're not allowed secret bids any more. :P As always in these games, there are some solid IRL drivers that haven't been picked, or if you're skint (looking at you Tyrrell), the 90's was a hotbed for paydriver talent. Basically scour the field, and your Who's Who of racing drivers in the mid 90's, and bid for whoever hasn't already been signed. Remember, there will be potential to upgrade your cars over the season, so leave some moolah for that if you can.
TORA! TORA! TORA!
Aislabie

Re: Takagi's F1 1996 - All RNG's up!

Post by Aislabie »

Kenny Brack please; we'll bid a million for his services.

Failing that, Stephen Watson as a pay driver would also work.

Also, if my driver choices now seem a little bit odd, it's largely coloured by the fact that Watson, Lemarie and Laurent Redon were all absolute beasts in the old F1 Manager games.
This Could Be You

Post by This Could Be You »

Could we get enough money out of Domenico Schiatterella (think that's how it's spelt) as test driver? Failing that, what about Taki Inoue? (we're desperate, really)
Your Signature Here

Named after HRT, now on HRT
RedEyes504

Post by RedEyes504 »

Benetton

Driver #1
Jacques Villeneuve 10 million
Johnny Herbert 6 million

Driver #2
Mika Salo 5 million
Ralf Schumacher 2 million

Test Driver
Vincenzo Sospiri 500k
Jarno Trulli 500k