"You must specify a subject when posting a new topic"

Found a problem with the website or forum? Submit a new ticket here. Also, track progress of existing issues currently being fixed.
Bobby Doorknobs

"You must specify a subject when posting a new topic"

Post by Bobby Doorknobs »

So, I'm trying to split the last three posts from this thread into a new 2019 silly season topic. Here were the steps I took:

1. In the above thread I went into Quick-mod tools>Split topic
2. Selected the "Split topic" option between "Display options" and "Move posts"
3. Entered "2019 Silly Season Thread" into the "New topic title" box
4. Checked the boxes in the top-right-hand corners of the last three posts
5. Selected "Split selected posts" from the dropdown menu
6. Hit "Submit"

The page refreshes and I get a message saying "You must specify a subject when posting a new topic", which I'm pretty sure I did. I've also tried the "Split topic from selected post onwards" option (only checking the box in Diniz's post in doing so), but it makes no difference. Have I done something wrong or is the forum acting up again?
#FreeGonzo
DemocalypseNow

Re: "You must specify a subject when posting a new topic"

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Simtek wrote:So, I'm trying to split the last three posts from this thread into a new 2019 silly season topic. Here were the steps I took:

1. In the above thread I went into Quick-mod tools>Split topic
2. Selected the "Split topic" option between "Display options" and "Move posts"
3. Entered "2019 Silly Season Thread" into the "New topic title" box
4. Checked the boxes in the top-right-hand corners of the last three posts
5. Selected "Split selected posts" from the dropdown menu
6. Hit "Submit"

The page refreshes and I get a message saying "You must specify a subject when posting a new topic", which I'm pretty sure I did. I've also tried the "Split topic from selected post onwards" option (only checking the box in Diniz's post in doing so), but it makes no difference. Have I done something wrong or is the forum acting up again?

phpBB's core appears to be acting up again. I dare not touch it. This sounds like something that would involve a full re-update of the board software, which might require a period of extended downtime due to the custom layout we have, which is embedded into the core. I'm not sure I fancy risking it to fix this bug.
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image