Hello everyone! New members' check in desk

The place for discussion of all aspects of the gprejects.com website
CoopsII

Re: Hello everyone! New members' check in desk

Post by CoopsII »

Welcome EuroBrun sample and enjoy all the delights this forum has to offer!

I could have sworn we already had a EuroBrun but you can't have too much of a good thing.
Just For One Day...
Bobby Doorknobs

Post by Bobby Doorknobs »

CoopsII wrote:Welcome EuroBrun sample and enjoy all the delights this forum has to offer!

I could have sworn we already had a EuroBrun but you can't have too much of a good thing.

We did. Now he's decided to call himself RonDenisDeletraz for whatever reason.
#FreeGonzo
CoopsII

Post by CoopsII »

Letting some of the regulars change their names that time was a daft idea. I still wonder what happened to that nutter Kostas22.

You've always been Simtek, though, right?
Just For One Day...
EuroBrun

Post by EuroBrun »

CoopsII wrote:I could have sworn we already had a EuroBrun but you can't have too much of a good thing.

EuroBrun was so forgettable I could not imagine someone else had chosen this nick!

Simtek wrote:Although I would be careful about using that Hungarian fellow's name in the future; too sacred to be spoken by mortal mouths. Around here it's HWNSNBM ;)

oh... I was actually scared to write that name!
FullMetalJack
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by FullMetalJack »

CoopsII wrote:Letting some of the regulars change their names that time was a daft idea. I still wonder what happened to that nutter Kostas22.

You've always been Simtek, though, right?

Always thought that redbulljack14 was a bit of a c*nt to be honest. Where did he go?
I like the way Snrub thinks!
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

On the other hand, some people tell lies through their user names. I know for a fact that dr-baker is not a doctor at all, in neither the medical sense nor the academic PhD sense. He should be sent to jail for that, for not being a good Christian boy...
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
Rob Dylan

Post by Rob Dylan »

dr-baker wrote:On the other hand, some people tell lies through their user names. I know for a fact that dr-baker is not a doctor at all, in neither the medical sense nor the academic PhD sense. He should be sent to jail for that, for not being a good Christian boy...

I for one can't imagine someone being dishonest about who they are through their username :o
Murray Walker at the 1997 Austrian Grand Prix wrote:The other [Stewart] driver, who nobody's been paying attention to, because he's disappointing, is Jan Magnussen.
Felipe Nasr - the least forgettable F1 driver!
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Rob Dylan wrote:I for one can't imagine someone being dishonest about who they are through their username :o

Nor through their profile picture, I would imagine.
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

And beware of that Belgian guy. I hear he disguises himself with a British location...

Welcome to the boards, EuroBrun! We only really have one rule here: don't be a James Allen ;)
kevinbotz wrote:Cantonese is a completely nonsensical f*cking alien language masquerading as some grossly bastardised form of Chinese

Gonzo wrote:Wasn't there some sort of communisim in the East part of Germany?
CoopsII

Post by CoopsII »

tommykl wrote:And beware of that Belgian guy. I hear he disguises himself with a British location...

Beware of all Belgians.
Just For One Day...
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

tommykl wrote: We only really have one rule here: don't be a James Allen ;)

If you don't understand, what he means is, don't be a James Hunt!

CoopsII wrote:
tommykl wrote:And beware of that Belgian guy. I hear he disguises himself with a British location...

Beware of all Belgians.

Particularly ones bearing gifts of moules et frites avec mayo, followed by waffles.
MCard LOLA
EuroBrun

Post by EuroBrun »

CoopsII wrote:

Beware of all Belgians.

When I was in the Netherlands I've been told by the locals some jokes about the Belgians, so now I'm really cautious about them 8-)
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

Welcome EuroBrun!

CoopsII wrote:Letting some of the regulars change their names that time was a daft idea. I still wonder what happened to that nutter Kostas22.

...nope, I'm pretty sure it was for the best!
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
Butterfox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Butterfox »

CoopsII wrote:

Beware of all Belgians.

This

EuroBrun wrote:When I was in the Netherlands I've been told by the locals some jokes about the Belgians, so now I'm really cautious about them 8-)

My word of advice: you should be cautious about using any jokes taught to you by the dutch. Or anything taught by the dutch in general. :P

dr-baker wrote:On the other hand, some people tell lies through their user names. I know for a fact that dr-baker is not a doctor at all, in neither the medical sense nor the academic PhD sense. He should be sent to jail for that, for not being a good Christian boy...

He's not a baker either...
I don't know what i want and i want it now!
tBone

Post by tBone »

This wrote:
CoopsII wrote:My word of advice: you should be cautious about using any jokes taught to you by the dutch. Or anything taught by the dutch in general. :P

Let this Dutchie tell you that there is some truth in every joke... :pantano:

Although he is probably right
YOUR
LOGO

Here
EuroBrun

Post by EuroBrun »

tBone wrote:
This wrote:
CoopsII wrote:My word of advice: you should be cautious about using any jokes taught to you by the dutch. Or anything taught by the dutch in general. :P

Let this Dutchie tell you that there is some truth in every joke... :pantano:

Although he is probably right

So are you saying that there is really a bridge in the Sahara desert :chilton: ?
Last edited by EuroBrun on 03 Aug 2016, 11:45, edited 1 time in total.
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

This wrote:

He's not a baker either...

Not professionally, no. And he hasn't baked for pleasure for a while either. And he has certainly never put a bun in the oven! :o :facepalm:
MCard LOLA
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

My real name is Andrea.

:deletraz:
I want my MTV...Simtek Ford

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
AustralianStig

Post by AustralianStig »

I am the Stig, and am in fact Australian.
Join the GP Rejects league at Fantasy F1: https://fantasy.formula1.com/join/?=2a1f25

CoopsII wrote:
Biscione wrote:To the surprise of no-one, Daniil Kvyat wins ROTR for Sochi, by a record margin that may not be surpassed for some time.

I always knew Marko read this forum.
RonDenisDeletraz

Post by RonDenisDeletraz »

I used to be EuroBrun, as can be seen in the wide variety of old posts in which I made a twat out of myself
aerond wrote:Yes RDD, but we always knew you never had any sort of taste either :P

tommykl wrote:I have a shite car and meme sponsors, but Corrado Fabi will carry me to the promised land with the power of Lionel Richie.
CoopsII

Post by CoopsII »

RonDenisDeletraz wrote:I used to be EuroBrun, as can be seen in the wide variety of old posts in which I made a twat out of myself

Well, you can relax now as anybody viewing those posts will now think they've been done by our new EuroBrun. Quite handy in a way.

DanielPT will probably claim that's what's happened with some of his old posts and that he's a new DanielPT.

And if he doesn't maybe he should.....
Just For One Day...
Butterfox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Butterfox »

CoopsII wrote:
RonDenisDeletraz wrote:I used to be EuroBrun, as can be seen in the wide variety of old posts in which I made a twat out of myself

Well, you can relax now as anybody viewing those posts will now think they've been done by our new EuroBrun. Quite handy in a way.

DanielPT will probably claim that's what's happened with some of his old posts and that he's a new DanielPT.

And if he doesn't maybe he should.....

Fortunately, CoopsII has nothing to do with the original Coops.
CoopsII

Post by CoopsII »

^^ Yeah, sheesh, that guy was a total knobjockey.
Just For One Day...
EuroBrun

Post by EuroBrun »

CoopsII wrote:

Did I choose the wrong nickname? :o
Butterfox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Butterfox »

EuroBrun wrote:
CoopsII wrote:

Did I choose the wrong nickname? :o

If you're planning on having a low self-esteem about how other forum-members percieve you, you picked the right one :P
EuroBrun

Post by EuroBrun »

This wrote:
EuroBrun wrote:Did I choose the wrong nickname? :o

If you're planning on having a low self-esteem about how other forum-members percieve you, you picked the right one :P

Just wanted to pay homage to the town where I used to live, which is also the hometown of the team :D
Is there any other reject nick that makes me well-perceived by you guys?
Butterfox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Butterfox »

EuroBrun wrote:
This wrote:
EuroBrun wrote:Did I choose the wrong nickname? :o

Just wanted to pay homage to the town where I used to live, which is also the hometown of the team :D
Is there any other reject nick that makes me well-perceived by you guys?

Oh, that has nothing to do with the name, it's just that our beloved friend RonDenisDeletraz was known for his low and often unjustified self-esteem ;)
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

EuroBrun wrote:Is there any other reject nick that makes me well-perceived by you guys?

Try Alan Shoe Trader. Or Andrea Sassetti. Or BertrandGachotAugust1991. ;)
MCard LOLA
CarloSpace
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by CarloSpace »

Hello everyone!
I'm a long time lurker especially on the Black Stig Forum and decided to dip my toes into racing team managing.

I'm not sure which series I can join and I also assume many series are waiting for the 2019 season to start?
Butterfox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Butterfox »

CarloSpace wrote:Hello everyone!
I'm a long time lurker especially on the Black Stig Forum and decided to dip my toes into racing team managing.

I'm not sure which series I can join and I also assume many series are waiting for the 2019 season to start?

Take your time figuring it out, there's regularly starting up new series, so don't worry about them. You can also ask to have yourself being put on the waiting list for series. :) Also i see what you did in your name.
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

CarloSpace wrote:Hello everyone!

Times are changing. People weren't so clever with their usernames back in 2009 as they are today!

Series are currently in their prep phase for 2019 for the most part. Some which haven't had their 2019 series threads opened yet will probably do so shortly, and may well have vacancies. I can tell you for sure, once the 2019 Italian F4 thread gets going, you can get an entry there without waiting! So stay tuned.

Also, if you want to get stuck into something right this very second, I know that TCBY's Alt-BTCC series currently has a vacancy. You can take over AFM Racing as they are currently without a team principal.
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
CarloSpace
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by CarloSpace »

Thanks for your replies. Luckily for me, Samster started a new F1 1974 thread so I get to take part in the series right from the start! The driver/engine/sponsor bidding process is after all the most interesting one! :D
CarloSpace
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by CarloSpace »

A few questions before I plunge into the ASMF canon universe...

This post was helpful and should be IMO made clearer in PMMF introduction thread to help newbies like me :)

And the questions I have:
1. About creating drivers, can I just make up a name, nationality and DoB and that's it?
2. What is DEC?
3. How is a driver's ability/level measured? Who decides which driver will be good and which will be bad?
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

CarloSpace wrote:A few questions before I plunge into the ASMF canon universe...

This post was helpful and should be IMO made clearer in PMMF introduction thread to help newbies like me :)

And the questions I have:
1. About creating drivers, can I just make up a name, nationality and DoB and that's it?
2. What is DEC?
3. How is a driver's ability/level measured? Who decides which driver will be good and which will be bad?

1) Yeah, pretty much. You'll have the best luck in finding them seats in the bottom level series, some of which have age restrictions, but will have the opportunity to climb the ladder.
2) Driver Entitlement Contract. Essentially, it states who owns that driver and therefore they have autonomy over what that driver does.
3) At the lower levels, drivers usually have their stats randomly generated. As they move through the ranks, performance over past seasons has much more of a bearing on how well they do.

Welcome, by the way!
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
John Rafael

Post by John Rafael »

Thinking about an introduction.

Hello, my name is John, and I live somewhere in Brazil. I'm a designer and I'm currently interested in liveries and other visual aspects of auto racing, like branding and visual graphics.

I've posted some work in livery topic, but it appears to be blocked.
    Unfortunately I have too many hobbies, so I only show up here once every 14 months. Still, do not remove me, I like to see the topics.
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

John Rafael wrote:Thinking about an introduction.

Hello, my name is John, and I live somewhere in Brazil. I'm a designer and I'm currently interested in liveries and other visual aspects of auto racing, like branding and visual graphics.

Welcome! I've just seen your liveries and they look awesome, so hats off to you.

We had problems with spam in the past, so new users have to have their first three posts approved by us. It's just for that extra layer of security.
RonDenisDeletraz

Post by RonDenisDeletraz »

Ataxia wrote:
John Rafael wrote:Thinking about an introduction.

Welcome! I've just seen your liveries and they look awesome, so hats off to you.

We had problems with spam in the past, so new users have to have their first three posts approved by us. It's just for that extra layer of security.

I miss the random spam attacks. Come back Alan Shoe Trader, all is forgiven.

Anyway, welcome to the forum John Rafael
aerond wrote:Yes RDD, but we always knew you never had any sort of taste either :P

tommykl wrote:I have a shite car and meme sponsors, but Corrado Fabi will carry me to the promised land with the power of Lionel Richie.
BoostPressure

Post by BoostPressure »

Hi everyone! Longtime (20 years) F1 fan from the UK here and I remember the site from when it started back around 2000-ish. Has it really been that long....? Love how the new site is going :)
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

BoostPressure wrote:Hi everyone! Longtime (20 years) F1 fan from the UK here and I remember the site from when it started back around 2000-ish. Has it really been that long....? Love how the new site is going :)

Welcome!
MCard LOLA
Pilot

Post by Pilot »

Hello! I am new here. I was wondering if someone could give me a explanation? Thanks! :D
Biscione wrote:Can you stop being such a snowflake for five minutes?