Hello everyone! New members' check in desk

The place for discussion of all aspects of the gprejects.com website
Butterfox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: Hello everyone! New members' check in desk

Post by Butterfox »

darkness wrote:
This wrote:Ah cool, we have a Fleming (me) and a Walloon (TommyKl) , now we're complete!

No we still need a German-speaker. Ostbelgien...
Fair enough. That'll be a lot harder to find tho...
I don't know what i want and i want it now!
aggi

Post by aggi »

Hey guys, I'm new here.

I have one question though. How long should I wait until my wiki account is approved? I've requested an account.
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by pasta_maldonado »

aggi wrote:Hey guys, I'm new here.

I have one question though. How long should I wait until my wiki account is approved? I've requested an account.

There may have been an issue sending your activation email, as that's happened quite frequently. Either come and join us in the chat or PM Nuppiz to see if that's the case :)
Klon wrote:more liek Nick Ass-idy amirite?
Gertrand Bachot

Post by Gertrand Bachot »

If I remember correctly it took a few days for mine to be approved, so you shouldn't worry.
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

Gertrand Bachot wrote:

If I remember correctly it took a few days for mine to be approved, so you shouldn't worry.

Your account was approved on 27th January. Check your inbox and/or spam folder.
Eurosport broadcast for the 1990 Mexican GP prequalifying:
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
aggi

Post by aggi »

Nuppiz wrote:
Gertrand Bachot wrote:

Your account was approved on 27th January. Check your inbox and/or spam folder.

Ah it was in the spam folder all along. Sorry hehe.
Butterfox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Butterfox »

warm welcome hug
crimsonregency

Post by crimsonregency »

Hey, I was interested in the fictional series on here, but I can't make any sense out of it. Where is the history for the series, I also can't figure out which forums are connected and which are not. To someone new on here it looks really confusing.
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

crimsonregency wrote:Hey, I was interested in the fictional series on here, but I can't make any sense out of it. Where is the history for the series, I also can't figure out which forums are connected and which are not. To someone new on here it looks really confusing.

Hello there!

If it's the virtual racing side of things you're interested in, and want to learn more about it outside of the forum threads, its dedicated wiki is the place to visit.

To break down the forum structure;
HWNSNBM Forum -> Site operation discussion (gprejects.com content, real life meetups etc)
Paul Stoddart Forum -> Latest F1 news discussion
Jean-Denis Deletraz Forum -> Historic rejects discussion
Eric van de Poele Forum -> Other motorsport / non-racing
Perry McCarthy Forum -> Virtual racing

Within the Perry McCarthy Forum you have the following;
Andrea Sassetti Forum -> 'Canon' racing series. Imagine if it was Star Trek, it would be The Original Series, The Next Generation, Deep Space Nine, Voyager and Enterprise. Not the other/newer ones.
18 Metre Debut Forum -> Competitions that are run in the same vein as 'canon' racing series, using computer simulation with community gameplay, but not considered 'canon'. So 'Into Darkness' if using the previous metaphor.
Black Stig Forum -> Anything related to gaming, scripted 'careers' etc that don't have community involvement.
"Flat Out, Flat Broke" Forum -> Archived threads for series that have stopped running or old seasons of series which are currently running.

I hope this helps!
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
crimsonregency

Post by crimsonregency »

Thanks, I will check out that Wiki.
I produce my own historical fiction series on baseball when I have free time during law school. Just recently relocated to the following web address: (https://unba892079070.wordpress.com). I got started when I ran across Chris Creamers Sports Logos and their historical fiction section. It is great to find others who enjoy historical fiction all over the web and world. I will enjoy the change of pace as I dive into these forums.
Best regards.
AcesCalifornia

Post by AcesCalifornia »

Hello all, I've been lurking on and off for a good while now, and decided despite not really understanding fully what is happening to take the leap and actually do the sensible thing of asking what I want.

So, how does one get started? Can you just dive into any series from the get go and represent a driver or team? Could you do any driver, even making up fictional ones, on any series? It's mostly the whole idea of representing a driver that I don't quite understand ^^'.

Thanks in advance, and I look forward to getting to know you all! :)
Gertrand Bachot

AcesCalifornia wrote:Hello all, I've been lurking on and off for a good while now, and decided despite not really understanding fully what is happening to take the leap and actually do the sensible thing of asking what I want.

So, how does one get started? Can you just dive into any series from the get go and represent a driver or team? Could you do any driver, even making up fictional ones, on any series? It's mostly the whole idea of representing a driver that I don't quite understand ^^'.

Thanks in advance, and I look forward to getting to know you all! :)

Hello, and welcome to the forum!

If you want to join a series as a team manager, if there is a vacant team that you can take, then it is as simple as stating your interest in running that team, and just like that, you are a manager. (I have a few vacancies in my own series ;) ) If a series has no vacant teams, then you can go onto the waiting list. (Just ask on the thread)

If you want to create a fictional driver, then you can only do this in canon series, which are all in the Andrea Sassetti Memorial Forum, a subforum of the Perry McCarthy Memorial Forum. The way ownership works is that you advertise the driver's services in the series you want them to participate in, and if a team wants to sign that driver, then you must give them permission to do this.

It is usually formatted like this:
AcesCalifornia wrote:
non-descript team owner wrote:Driver: X
Wage: Y
DEC: AcesCalifornia
Contract length: 1 year

You have my permission.

Hopefully this answers your questions, and you may ask further questions if you wish. And I hope you enjoy your stay on the forums!
AcesCalifornia

Post by AcesCalifornia »

Thanks for replying Gertrand, and it was all very helpful, I think I understand, so being a team manager is different to representing drivers as a team manager can only request a driver, and have it accepted by the driver's representative (or I notice in some cases, the organiser of the event). And if you are representing drivers, you "advertise" their interest in the series in the thread for the event, and see if a team manager picks up your driver? Have I got that all right?

The vacant teams, do you need to make your own? You can't manage a team that somebody created in a previous league and hasn't manage to represent this time round?

I might take you up on that hint for joining your series just to grit my teeth on ;)
Gertrand Bachot

AcesCalifornia wrote:Thanks for replying Gertrand, and it was all very helpful, I think I understand, so being a team manager is different to representing drivers as a team manager can only request a driver, and have it accepted by the driver's representative (or I notice in some cases, the organiser of the event). And if you are representing drivers, you "advertise" their interest in the series in the thread for the event, and see if a team manager picks up your driver? Have I got that all right?

The vacant teams, do you need to make your own? You can't manage a team that somebody created in a previous league and hasn't manage to represent this time round?

I might take you up on that hint for joining your series just to grit my teeth on ;)

A team manager and a driver owner (DEC is the proper word) are 2 different roles, although you can do them both at the same time. To advertise a driver's services, simply put a post during the driver signing phase like this:
[quote"AcesCalifornia"]Driver X (DOB for a new driver) is available to hire.[/quote]
You are right in that if another team requests one of your drivers, then you simply need to confirm this. Though just a small hint for creating drivers: if they are present-day drivers, then you will want to enter them into one of the F4 series (Anglo-Irish, Asian, Italian, North American and South American, although these have closed their driver signing period).
You are very welcome to join one of my series, and I'm looking forward to seeing you participate!
You-Gee-Eee-Day

Post by You-Gee-Eee-Day »

Just spent the last three hours watching Man With The Golden Gun, The Candanian Grand Prix, then been introduced to Ricardo Rosset, and then this website, thanks to Rob Dylan. :badoer: :badoer: :badoer: :chilton:
:deletraz:

F1 2019 in a nutshell:
Roses are Red
Violets are Blue
"Ferrari is faster"
Mercedes 1-2
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

You-Gee-Eee-Day wrote:Just spent the last three hours watching Man With The Golden Gun, The Candanian Grand Prix, then been introduced to Ricardo Rosset, and then this website, thanks to Rob Dylan. :badoer: :badoer: :badoer: :chilton:

With a handle like that, you're going to fit right in. :pantano:

Image Image
takagi_for_the_win

Post by takagi_for_the_win »

You-Gee-Eee-Day wrote:Just spent the last three hours watching Man With The Golden Gun, The Candanian Grand Prix, then been introduced to Ricardo Rosset, and then this website, thanks to Rob Dylan. :badoer: :badoer: :badoer: :chilton:

You introduced him to the wrong 1998 Tyrrell driver, Rob.
TORA! TORA! TORA!
Bobby Doorknobs

Post by Bobby Doorknobs »

takagi_for_the_win wrote:

Not to mention the wrong MasterCard Lola driver as well.
#FreeGonzo
Butterfox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Butterfox »

Simtek wrote:
takagi_for_the_win wrote:

Not to mention the wrong MasterCard Lola driver as well.

But to be fair, the right 1996 Arrows driver.
Woppoz

Post by Woppoz »

Hello guys, I managed to find my way to the check-in desk. That's good for me I guess.

I am new here. No idea how I ended up here, I was trying to find some details on the Bikernieki track when I stumbled across the Wiki. The wiki got my attention, loved every bit of it I have seen so far and that's why I made my way here :deletraz:

I'm still a bit confused on the driver "creation" part, I would love to take part as a driver somewhere, but do not really know how to get started.
Pacific Edge

Post by Pacific Edge »

Hi everyone, was a member here previously with the username "Pacific's only fan" anyway, good to be back :)
CaptainGetz12
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by CaptainGetz12 »

Good to see you both, welcome (or welcome back for Pacific).

If you want to see our fantasy series, go check out the Perry McCarthy Memorial Forum. Look around each series and ask if any positions are open!
Klon wrote:What did poor André do to you for him to be insulted like that?
pimmy

Post by pimmy »

Hi, I've just joined. I've been aware of the place for quite a while and wanted to get involved. Love the humour!
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

pimmy wrote:Hi, I've just joined. I've been aware of the place for quite a while and wanted to get involved. Love the humour!

Welcome!
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
Luke Rosella

Post by Luke Rosella »

Hi Guys Im completely new to this forum (obviously)

I've been looking at the F1 Reject Universe and I am interested to get involved. Does the system work out that you start in F4 and work your way up to F1? If so, I would be interested in Joining the Australian F5000 series
CaptainGetz12
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by CaptainGetz12 »

Luke Rosella wrote:Hi Guys Im completely new to this forum (obviously)

I've been looking at the F1 Reject Universe and I am interested to get involved. Does the system work out that you start in F4 and work your way up to F1? If so, I would be interested in Joining the Australian F5000 series

Welcome to the forum! For any series you are interested in joining, post in its thread that you are interested. Most have already started, but you'll be put on a wait list for the next season in most cases.
FortiWinks

Post by FortiWinks »

Hello everyone! Long time stalker first time poster so I know this place quite well.

Australian who has been an F1 fan since 2010, can’t wait to get started here :D
Knows two facts about ducks and both of them are wrong
Rob Dylan

Post by Rob Dylan »

Genius name, I salute you! Welcome :D
Murray Walker at the 1997 Austrian Grand Prix wrote:The other [Stewart] driver, who nobody's been paying attention to, because he's disappointing, is Jan Magnussen.
Felipe Nasr - the least forgettable F1 driver!
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

FortiWinks wrote:Hello everyone! Long time stalker first time poster so I know this place quite well.

Australian who has been an F1 fan since 2010, can’t wait to get started here :D

> Checks username

Welcome.

Image Image
MatthewFirth

Post by MatthewFirth »

Hello, my name is Matthew and I signed up to this forum after seeing the wiki and some of the series you have done. I am very impressed.

My first job will be to request a wiki account, some of the races have not been done on there and I wish to solve that. Then I'll be willing to join in for future series of the alternate grand prix series...
CaptainGetz12
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by CaptainGetz12 »

MatthewFirth wrote:Hello, my name is Matthew and I signed up to this forum after seeing the wiki and some of the series you have done. I am very impressed.

My first job will be to request a wiki account, some of the races have not been done on there and I wish to solve that. Then I'll be willing to join in for future series of the alternate grand prix series...

Welcome to the forum! Either request here or as Nuppiz to get access to the wiki.
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

MatthewFirth wrote:Hello, my name is Matthew and I signed up to this forum after seeing the wiki and some of the series you have done. I am very impressed.

Register here: https://formularejects.com/wiki/Special:CreateAccount

Then post here so I know to approve your account.
Eurosport broadcast for the 1990 Mexican GP prequalifying:
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
ShaneEyoho

Re: Hello everyone!

Post by ShaneEyoho »

Hey everyone, I've been lurking around the forums and the wiki for a while now and I think now is the best time to introduce myself. My name is Shane and I live in the UK, im a big racing fan and also a big racing games fan, my favourite series of racing include: F1, IndyCar, NASCAR and Formula E and even MotoGP at times. My favourite F1 team is Red Bull and my favourite driver is Max Verstappen.

I have always liked the idea of my own driver participating in this universe as theres alot of potential in the GPrejects community, I also like the idea of making a team however because im new to how this all works i think i will wait a bit and see how other people go about doing this. I have also always wanted to make my own racing series and with that being said its what i usually do on all the racing games I own. So maybe if theres interest out there i could setup a non canon racing series but that would probably happen in the future as im still very new to this.

Also a question: What do people (series makers) use when it comes to the qualifying/race part of the weekend?
CaptainGetz12
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: Hello everyone!

Post by CaptainGetz12 »

ShaneEyoho wrote:Hey everyone, I've been lurking around the forums and the wiki for a while now and I think now is the best time to introduce myself. My name is Shane and I live in the UK, im a big racing fan and also a big racing games fan, my favourite series of racing include: F1, IndyCar, NASCAR and Formula E and even MotoGP at times. My favourite F1 team is Red Bull and my favourite driver is Max Verstappen.

I have always liked the idea of my own driver participating in this universe as theres alot of potential in the GPrejects community, I also like the idea of making a team however because im new to how this all works i think i will wait a bit and see how other people go about doing this. I have also always wanted to make my own racing series and with that being said its what i usually do on all the racing games I own. So maybe if theres interest out there i could setup a non canon racing series but that would probably happen in the future as im still very new to this.

Also a question: What do people (series makers) use when it comes to the qualifying/race part of the weekend?

Welcome to the forum! For series being used it varies. RFactor 2 is probably the best option right now. Grand Prix 2 and GTR2 are also used frequently. Don't be afraid to ask questions!
seandsmyth

Post by seandsmyth »

Hello gang! Was around here on another account ages ago on an old computer and completely forgot about this place and stumbled back across here via twitter so I guess this is welcome back!
CaptainGetz12
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by CaptainGetz12 »

seandsmyth wrote:Hello gang! Was around here on another account ages ago on an old computer and completely forgot about this place and stumbled back across here via twitter so I guess this is welcome back!

Welcome back then!
LadyMarussia295

Post by LadyMarussia295 »

Hello, I used to have an account on this forum many years ago, I was called Sunshine something.

I'm 31, I write from Italy, I watch a lot of motorsport (F1, Indycar, Formula E, sometimes junior series) and my favourite reject teams are Super Aguri and Marussia.
Life runs fast, unless you're driving it.
CaptainGetz12
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by CaptainGetz12 »

LadyMarussia295 wrote:Hello, I used to have an account on this forum many years ago, I was called Sunshine something.

I'm 31, I write from Italy, I watch a lot of motorsport (F1, Indycar, Formula E, sometimes junior series) and my favourite reject teams are Super Aguri and Marussia.

Well welcome back then!
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

LadyMarussia295 wrote:Hello, I used to have an account on this forum many years ago, I was called Sunshine something.

Welcome back, Sunshine_Baby_[IT] !
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
LadyMarussia295

Post by LadyMarussia295 »

Thanks! It's nice to be remembered!
Life runs fast, unless you're driving it.