F1 Dreams

The place for speaking your mind on current goings-on in F1
watka
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: F1 Dreams

Post by watka »

I'm skeptical about the level of details you guys dream in, I can only remember if I keep a dream journal.
Watka - you know, the swimming horses guy
Aerospeed

Post by Aerospeed »

watka wrote:I'm skeptical about the level of details you guys dream in, I can only remember if I keep a dream journal.

Dude, if I kept a dream journal my posts here would be 2 pages long :lol:
Mistakes in potatoes will ALWAYS happen :P
Trulli bad puns...
IN JAIL NO ONE CAN HEAR YOU SCREAM
takagi_for_the_win

Post by takagi_for_the_win »

watka wrote:I'm skeptical about the level of details you guys dream in, I can only remember if I keep a dream journal.

Trust me, it's hard to forget dreams involving 3 Paddy Lowe's and Niki Lauda with an inflatable head.
TORA! TORA! TORA!
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

The only F1 dream I ever had, I posted on here with hours. Either I would have forgotten immediately upon waking, or I can usually remember for several hours afterwards...
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
Butterfox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Butterfox »

takagi_for_the_win wrote:

Trust me, it's hard to forget dreams involving 3 Paddy Lowe's and Niki Lauda with an inflatable head.

Usually my dreams are more absurd than this, but i never remember enough. From the moment i wake up, i already forget the biggest parts.
In fact, i find all of these dreams very structured and relatively predictable compared to the stuff that i've seen :D What i do know is that it seldomly involves F1 or motorsport or sports at all, so i guess i just don't care enough.
I don't know what i want and i want it now!
Alextrax52

Post by Alextrax52 »

My dreams are fairly long in my view. They never seem to want to end
Rob Dylan

Post by Rob Dylan »

Had a weird one last night. Or in the case of F1 dreams, an ordinary one?

I was in the Spanish Grand Prix driving Mercedes planes around Catalunya against my team-mate Hamilton. Hamilton's car broke down and then I was winning. Coming up to the turn 10 area I got on the team radio that I was breaking down and I turned around and realised my engine was on fire. In fact the whole back end of the plane was on fire. So I drove all the way to the pit entrance area and jumped out of the plane and ran. The plane blew up in a massive explosion and so the race was red-flagged. Then I stubbed my toe on something on the track, realised it was the table at the end of my bed, and woke up.

Yeah I don't usually have F1 dreams, so this one was pretty memorable :D
Murray Walker at the 1997 Austrian Grand Prix wrote:The other [Stewart] driver, who nobody's been paying attention to, because he's disappointing, is Jan Magnussen.
Felipe Nasr - the least forgettable F1 driver!
watka
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by watka »

Guys, I've been at the brie tonight so let's see what happens.
good_Ralf

Post by good_Ralf »

If TFTW dreaming of Paddy Lowe clones popping Niki Lauda's head like a balloon is OK, then what about Damon Hill being in an Etemon costume, which is what appeared in a dream of mine a few days ago?

This is Etemon:

Check out the position of the sun on 2 August at 20:08 in my garden

Allard Kalff in 1994 wrote:OH!! Schumacher in the wall! Right in front of us, Michael Schumacher is in the wall! He's hit the pitwall, he c... Ah, it's Jos Verstappen.
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

I had a dream last night that I was driving for Caterham, I can't think of what track it was. For some reason all the cars were lined up pointing at the pit wall, with the drivers all inside their cars, listening to someone important make a speech whilst stood on the pit wall. This went on for some time, to the point where the drivers started shouting at the person to get on with the race. The track was wet and I'd started on wet tyres, but it was drying quickly, to the extent that by the end of lap 1, I needed to pit for slicks. However instead of having a pit crew to do the stop, I had to get out and change all the wheels myself...the wheel nuts were in two pieces as well which made it very difficult and I remember feeling distinctly unhappy at Kobayashi my teammate who had the luxury of a pit crew to change his tyres. By the time I was done I was multiple laps down and assuming my brain had lost all interest in the dream, it gave up and that was that!
I want my MTV...Simtek Ford

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
HawkAussie

Post by HawkAussie »

AndreaModa wrote:I had a dream last night that I was driving for Caterham, I can't think of what track it was. For some reason all the cars were lined up pointing at the pit wall, with the drivers all inside their cars, listening to someone important make a speech whilst stood on the pit wall. This went on for some time, to the point where the drivers started shouting at the person to get on with the race. The track was wet and I'd started on wet tyres, but it was drying quickly, to the extent that by the end of lap 1, I needed to pit for slicks. However instead of having a pit crew to do the stop, I had to get out and change all the wheels myself...the wheel nuts were in two pieces as well which made it very difficult and I remember feeling distinctly unhappy at Kobayashi my teammate who had the luxury of a pit crew to change his tyres. By the time I was done I was multiple laps down and assuming my brain had lost all interest in the dream, it gave up and that was that!

Now that is just complete wrong for you. :lol:
Officially Retired
More_Blue_Flags

Post by More_Blue_Flags »

This is actually more of a brief F1-related interlude in a longer series of incoherent dreams I had last night than an F1 dream itself. I had been having a very confused dream that was mainly about my work when all of a sudden I was about to drive a McLaren MP4-29 in what I think was supposed to be the courtyard of McLaren's Woking headquarters - but all I know for sure is that it was a gleaming white courtyard in front of an imposing glass-fronted building.

As I was about to get in the car I was on the receiving end of a speech from Ron Dennis - who looked and sounded suspiciously like one of the senior managers at my work - telling me that I had to lift my game or I would be sacked just like Jenson was? I was about to give Ron/my senior manager a mouthful back when I saw my real boss from work giving me a 'shut it' signal - as Ron/senior manager stalked off my boss said "don't worry about him, he's a (bathplug) head, just drive the bloody thing and show him" (which is pretty much what she says in real life about this particular senior manager).

That, unfortunately, was the end of my dream McLaren career as things then went off in a completely different direction. I don't think I even ended up getting in the car...
CoopsII wrote:Wouldnt it be lovely if just for once someone said "I really want to emulate Boutsen and get a decent, if not spectacular, result with some solid points".
andrew2209

Post by andrew2209 »

Pretty boring, and not much to say, but for some reason I had a dream Grosjean was driving for Force India at Monza. Also, I think the OSD had Grosjean with a double-digit number.
Waris

Post by Waris »

You're all complete nutcases.

Well, in a dream I had a while ago, which now seems quite mundane by comparison to all this, I was watching a race in some strange landscape (it look like something out of F-Zero on SNES more than anything) with orange Ford cars (which were leading, I seem to remember) and white and black (but no yellow) Minardis, as well as a whole bunch of unidentified cars. I wanted to post about it right away but I couldn't find this thread, otherwise I might've remembered more details.

Edited to add: Oh, more recently I also had a dream in which I was driving a racing car with a manual transmission by way of a kind of hand grip, like on a motorcycle, instead of a paddle. I sucked at getting the gear changes right at first but as the dream went on I got better at timing them and it became easier. The track where I was driving was supposed to be Imola, but it was indoors! There was a kind of Ayrton Senna memorial on the wall.
MOTOR RACING IS DANGEROUS
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

Painkillers make you see the weirdest things...

A few nights back I saw a dream where apparently my family had bought or acquired a large amount of storage lockers - you know, Storage Wars style. As I was clearing one of the lockers I found some F1 toys. First I found two large, cheap plastic cars that looked like Marlboro McLarens. But then I found a much smaller toy car made out of metal. It immediatedly brought me to a video clip where Pierluigi Martini, driving what could best be described as a Minardi M197 with a 2008-spec aero kit crashed with Jarno Trulli driving a 2008 Renault. What happened next was that one of the wheels shot straight up into the air before landing straight on Martini's head (I could actually see his head compress down a bit). Upon viewing the replay I could also see Giancarlo Fisichella going past the scene in a late 90s/early 00s Jordan...
Eurosport broadcast for the 1990 Mexican GP prequalifying:
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
Waris

Post by Waris »

Well, this was certainly interesting, speak of F1 dreams...

Last night I passed out while reading around 2am and I dreamed that today's Singapore Grand Prix had already started, except it wasn't in Singapore but on a new circuit in/near either Naples or Turin, which looked like a crossover between Montreal and Sakhir (it also took place during the day, not at night).
I dreamed that I was watching it on tv with my dad (who in reality passed away years ago) and we couldn't find the channel at first so we tuned in right after the first lap. There had been a few changes compared to real F1, of which I remember the following:

- Max Verstappen had been drafted in early at Toro Rosso in the place of Vergne, who had in turn gone on to Lotus, replacing either Grosjean or Maldonado
- there was a new team called COSWORTH (yes, really) that had Lewis Hamilton and Nico Rosberg driving for them, but their cars were these weird closed-cockpit cars that looked more like miniature 1990s Ford Fiestas than anything resembling F1, and also they had Ford logos on the front (not Cosworth). They were the same orangy-red that the Ford F1 cars were in the last dream I posted about, and I remember there being three of them in the race :?
- Hamilton and Rosberg's replacements at Mercedes were Petrov and someone else I don't remember
- Sauber had been bought by BMW again and were competing as BMW Sauber, with an all-white livery. Their drivers were HEIDFELD (although on his car it said "Sven", so I assume it was Sven Heidfeld, but with Nick's helmet design, the old one he had while driving for BMW Sauber) and De Silvestro (who in this dream somehow was fat with black curly hair), with pink decals on her car
- Bruno Senna was back at Williams, which were now a backmarker team again with a white and red livery
- Caterham had changed their livery to dark blue (going on purple) and silver, which later turned into the same dark blue with fluorescent yellow and Telefónica decals
- Marussia had gone and in their place where a green and white team named Superfund.

The most notable things I remember happening in the race was that Heidfeld had some kind of collision and was taken out of the race, while Senna and De Silvestro were disqualified during the race and stopped their cars on the side of the track. Petrov led from lap 1, but unfortunately I will never know if he actually won because a few laps from the end, I realized I was dreaming about F1 and woke myself up to make sure I wouldn't be late for the actual Grand Prix.

This entire dream was interspersed with bits from another dream full of my parents yelling at me for not cooking often enough (sadly, something similar is going on in real life) in which I got in a fistfight with my dad, among other things. Funnily this other dream also had F1 related bits. I remember a scene in which I went to the supermarket with my mum to buy food, and there I saw that "Toro Rosso" was now actually a drink you could buy (in large cartons) which was Red Bull mixed with various sorts of fruit juice. We had one with orange (or was it mango, I forgot) and it was actually quite good. Also there was Max Verstappen bread in the supermarket, which had been all sold out, apart from these weird soft balls of banana dough with chocolate chips in them, which I liked but my mum didn't.
More_Blue_Flags

Post by More_Blue_Flags »

Last night I had a dream about my work that didn't have a car, racetrack or driver in it, but still had a F1 connection. I work for a central agency of a State public service that reviews efficiency, sorts out inter-departmental squabbles, all that sort of thing. In last nights dream, our Chief Operating Officer had decided to hire Bernie Ecclestone as a consultant to review what individual departments were up to.

Apart from paying Bernie an absolutely insane amount for this service, I got the impression we weren't getting particularly useful advice from Bernie. My workmates and I were discussing how a particular Education program was split up between disadvantaged schools when my boss walked in and said "That Ecclestone bloke just spent 45 minutes ranting at Health about having ambulances lined up, and wouldn't even speak to Environment because the Assistant Director-General is gay. Also, do you know anything about this Ron Dennis he has told me to find a job for?"
CoopsII wrote:Wouldnt it be lovely if just for once someone said "I really want to emulate Boutsen and get a decent, if not spectacular, result with some solid points".
Miguel98

Post by Miguel98 »

During the course of this week, I had a weird dream. It was the 2015 Australian Grand Prix, and Martin Brundle was doing his grid walk.

Both Mercedes we're on the first row, and their cars we're 2013 Mercedes. Then we had a Williams and Ferrari 2nd and 3rd row, and now comes the weird part. On the 2nd row we had driving the Williams.... Philippe Coutinho. Yep, the footbal player. Besides him was Vettel, with Bottas and what it seemed Raikkonen in the other Ferrari behind him. Then the grid walk skipped to the 5th row, with both McLaren's on it. Alonso was driving for them together with Button, and the Honda engine was the slowest on a straight line according to Brundle. The livery was weird though: it was very similar to a 1999 BAR. And the car was the same as the Melbourne 2014-spec car. Now, we skip to the back. Forza Rossa had putted Mehri in the car, and Mehri qualified 18th out of 22. Lotus we're the slowest car and started 20th and 21st, with in last place, well, the best way to put is: Kolles chose someone from the audience of the Grand Prix to drive in the GP, and the chosen one was a Pole named Kuba Gramcziek. He was a whoping 15 seconds off the pace and was allowed to start, and according to Brundle, he should be sued for how slow he was around the circuit. :lol:

Then my mother woke me up and it was time to go to school.
Mario on Gutierrez after the Italian Grand Prix wrote:He's no longer just a bit of a tool, he's the entire tool set.

18-07-2015: Forever in our hearts Jules.
25-08-2015: Forever in our hearts Justin.
AxelP800

Post by AxelP800 »

Miguel98 wrote: with in last place, well, the best way to put is: Kolles chose someone from the audience of the Grand Prix to drive in the GP, and the chosen one was a Pole named Kuba Gramcziek. He was a whoping 15 seconds off the pace and was allowed to start, and according to Brundle, he should be sued for how slow he was around the circuit. :lol:

Polish of Kuba Giermaziak?
Rio Haryanto for the win!
He upon seeing me accidentaly paint Belgian flag rotated 90 deg to right
tommykl returns from the bathroom
tommykl reads the chat logs
tommykl has a stroke
Frogfoot9013

Post by Frogfoot9013 »

A few days ago when the forum was in trouble I had a dream that it had been fixed, and Enoch was using a different account to eytl, which had not been unbanned like what really happened. I can't remember anything more about it though. A pretty strange dream I guess....
James Hunt, commentating on the 1991 German Grand Prix wrote:The Benettons looking very smart together on the track, mostly because they're both going so slowly.
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

I had a dream, and if comes true all will be well.

The dream before was that I was ridiculously hammered, drank a whole bottle of the ol' Captain and somehow was able to replay this night over and over. It was cool. Anyway, after that I dreamed I was watching the 2015 F1 AUSTRALIAN GRAND PRIX™, and a MARUSSIA F1™ TEAM car pulled out of the garage. Driving this car was a certain Mr J. Bianchi. I recall nothing else of this dream, but that was a defining moment. The weather was quite favourable too, which is always a bonus.

So, let's make this happen...someone wanna lend me £16 for a bottle of rum?
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
JQW

Post by JQW »

I've only ever had one, and it was some time this year. It involved Eddie Jordan having a flight in a two-seat jet training aircraft (Hawk, L-59 or similar) in the build up to one race, and the aircraft having a nasty accident causing it to plough into the start-finish straight. The aircraft lost both wings, but I can't recall finding out as to what happened to Eddie.
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by pasta_maldonado »

Yesterday I dreamt that Johnny Herbert won the F1 BRITISH GRAND PRIX™. I can't quite remember much, but it was definitely the 1995 F1 BRITISH GRAND PRIX™, as Hill and Schumacher took each other out of the race. A Herbert win would have been an even better triumph than real-life victor Mansell's, I reckon.
Klon wrote:more liek Nick Ass-idy amirite?
Waris

Post by Waris »

I dreamed Max Chilton was driving for Marussia, but somehow Peter Sauber was his team principal/advisor/coach. It was the last race of the year, which would be held around the Arena AufSchalke (a football stadium in Germany) and Marussia would need to score a point to be able to compete in F1 next year. Sauber was talking to Chilton about how Jules Bianchi had scored points before and that he would surely also be able to do it. To motivate him, he took out the steering wheel from his car and replaced it with one from a 1993 Sauber(!). With this steering wheel, Chilton drove an unspectacular but solid race, and actually scored a point! 'twas quite a heroic feat. Also the car was all black.
I forti sopravivono

Post by I forti sopravivono »

Nowadays I rarely have dreams about F1.

But in the past when I had more of them I wrote some of them down.

One dream was about the Monaco GP.
Mika Häkkinen driving very Bad, while Michael Jackson was doing well and also won the thrilling race.

Another dream was about searching for some interesting books at the library.
In that library a polish F1-car was driving around, but nobody seemed to notice that.

There also was a dream about the German Grand Prix of 2007.
This was on the old Hockenheimring, fights on the straights between Alonso, Hamilton and Räikkönen while Gerhard Berger was on the lead, driving a Williams.

The last dream was me, driving a light blue car in a season somewhere in the early 70's.
The car looked like the Tyrrell 003 but than lighter blue and less stylish/rounded at the front.
My car wasn't a fast one, but I managed to do it rather well by finishing races and trying to reach top-6 when one of the races had high attrition.
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

I forti sopravivono wrote:One dream was about the Monaco GP.
Mika Häkkinen driving very Bad, while Michael Jackson was doing well and also won the thrilling race.

Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
Butterfox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Butterfox »

I actually dreamed something about F1 (and that doesn't happen too often) altough it was short. My dad asked me 'do you still follow f1?' and he asked me about that driver that got killed, named 'Chilton'. Then i was confused, and i woke up :shock: (he was driving for Caterham)
I don't know what i want and i want it now!
WeirdKerr
Location: on the edge of nowhere with a ludicrous grid penalty.....

Post by WeirdKerr »

pasta_maldonado wrote:Yesterday I dreamt that Johnny Herbert won the F1 BRITISH GRAND PRIX™. I can't quite remember much, but it was definitely the 1995 F1 BRITISH GRAND PRIX™, as Hill and Schumacher took each other out of the race. A Herbert win would have been an even better triumph than real-life victor Mansell's, I reckon.

Pure fantasy... would never happe.... oh wait.....
Waris

Post by Waris »

Tonight I dreamed Red Bull had a Swiss-American female junior driver in GP3, who was winning a lot and being hailed as the next big thing, but then died unexpectedly. There was also a 40 year old British female driver who died. Neither of them had accidents, they just died suddenly and mysteriously :?
Press_Play2002

Post by Press_Play2002 »

A while back I had a dream where I was watching a grand prix with no sound. What I saw on the screen was a faulty McLaren driven in the night by Lewis Hamilton grinding to a halt. The strange part was that I dreamed this up a year and a bit before the actual retirement at Singapore 2012 and the lack of sound was actually my resulting banshee (since you cannot scream in a dream) that rattled my house.
tumblr: http://www.tumblr.com/blog/n0tab0x1871 TARTZ: http://truefalse1989.deviantart.com/
"I think Press_Play2002 is on a downward spiral and has lost it completely"
~Mark WebberNot a real quote by the way
AdrianBelmonte_

Post by AdrianBelmonte_ »

I have a dream...

British GP 2015, a really boring race, no overtakes, no crashes, no nothing, suddenly signal focuses on a celebrity that was in the Manor (sic) box without ear protection, then, media around the world talks about this and the V6 sound, and them do not speak too well of it precisely...
#FoxesFansHooligans

#HaasShouldBeSoLucky
Waris

Post by Waris »

Recently I dreamed Rubens Barrichello, with grey hair and a grey beard, won a Formula One Grand Prix. He was in the 2009 Brawn car, but I know it wasn't the 2009 season because Jenson Button, who finished 3rd, was next to him on the podium in McLaren overalls. If I remember correctly, it was the last race of the season, and I was very emotional because apparently there had been some backstory about Barrichello making an unlikely return to Formula One after a few years away, that made me think this would surely be his last victory.
Bobby Doorknobs

Post by Bobby Doorknobs »

Last night I dreamt that Manor announced a lineup of Ma Qing Hua and Max Chilton, who would also be driving for the team in GP2. I was very disappointed when I woke up. :(
#FreeGonzo
good_Ralf

Post by good_Ralf »

Dreamt a few nights ago of a race with 2014-spec cars in what I think was Abu Dhabi. Then I saw that one of the Red Bulls had a puncture and since it was car no.2 I thought it was Mark Webber!
Then the track turned into what appeared to be the inside of a warehouse and Webber missed the pits completely and crashed into a barrier! :lol:
Check out the position of the sun on 2 August at 20:08 in my garden

Allard Kalff in 1994 wrote:OH!! Schumacher in the wall! Right in front of us, Michael Schumacher is in the wall! He's hit the pitwall, he c... Ah, it's Jos Verstappen.
AdrianBelmonte_

Post by AdrianBelmonte_ »

2015 USA Grand Prix, last lap, Will Stevens starts his final lap at the time that Taylor Swift "does a Pelé" and waves the checkered flag for Stevens, not only that, later, after Hamilton crossed the line, Taylor accidentally dropped the flag to the track
Last edited by AdrianBelmonte_ on 12 Apr 2015, 09:55, edited 1 time in total.
#FoxesFansHooligans

#HaasShouldBeSoLucky
Aguaman

Post by Aguaman »

I was a baseball player (I don't even follow baseball) and my model wife used to be dating Marcus Ericsson. They are still friends. He drove for Ferrari at that time.

That was really it in terms of something to do with F1.
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Every time I post something in this thread, people ask me who my "dealer" is. Stop it. I'm not addicted to hallucinogens, I swear to you! I don't know where you can get LSD!

I haven't dreamed about F1 in some time, actually. Which is maybe even slightly worrying, as it popped up somewhat regularly in years gone by.
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
RonDenisDeletraz

Post by RonDenisDeletraz »

Had a dream that Manor signed Michela Cerruti for an F1 drive. It was interesting.
aerond wrote:Yes RDD, but we always knew you never had any sort of taste either :P

tommykl wrote:I have a shite car and meme sponsors, but Corrado Fabi will carry me to the promised land with the power of Lionel Richie.
watka
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by watka »

Biscione wrote:Every time I post something in this thread, people ask me who my "dealer" is. Stop it. I'm not addicted to hallucinogens, I swear to you! I don't know where you can get LSD!

You're Scottish, so that's got to be a lie. :P
Waris

Post by Waris »

A few nights ago I dreamed that it was New Year's Eve and me and my mother were at some kind of camping site, where there was a big screen on which they were showing a football match that was being held between CATERHAM, in a green kit of course, and some team from a small Italian village, I think near Palermo, in a red, yellow and orange/purple kit. The Italian team was making a lot of substitutions the whole time, and had some very weird players on their squad, including a striker with the last name Vagina (prounced va-GEE-na, naturally) and what was apparently the mayor of the village, who wore jersey number 1 despite being an outfield player.
Kobayashi (obviously in the number 10 jersey) missed a big chance for Caterham in the first half, but in the second half one of their players, a Nigerian player whose name I forgot wearing the number 7, scored a goal, the only goal I remember from that game. It's a shame I can't remember who else was playing for Caterham, I assume Ericsson must've been there, but I didn't see him...