F1 Dreams

The place for speaking your mind on current goings-on in F1
SuperAguri
Site Donor
Site Donor

F1 Dreams

Post by SuperAguri »

Not the type a Karting driver might have, but the ones you have when you are asleep. I am sure every so often we have a dream featuring our favourite sport...

Last night I dreamt of the Bahrain GP qualifying, watching it on TV and noticing that I wasn't getting commentary from Martin Brundle so complaining about I didn't know who qualifed where except for a few highlights. The things that I remember clearly were....

Timo Glock qualified in last place with a 1m54 something.
Neither Fernando Alonso nor Felipe Massa got past Q1.
Lucas di Grassi also didn't make it out of Q1 but got a more respectable 1m51 but was still slow.
Trulli got in Q2.
Kobayashi was in Q3.
Campos Meta and USF1 had empty garages but had team names above the garages.
Stefan GP was at the track and were allowed to do a parade lap after practice but were not allowed to race.

Anyone have any other F1 related dreams?
<@Ataxia> these people are making a mess of their crepe suzettes
Waris

Re: F1 Dreams

Post by Waris »

There is already a thread about this subjects. A moderator might want to merge them.
MOTOR RACING IS DANGEROUS
fjackdaw

Post by fjackdaw »

SuperAguri wrote:Not the type a Karting driver might have, but the ones you have when you are asleep. I am sure every so often we have a dream featuring our favourite sport...

Last night I dreamt of the Bahrain GP qualifying, watching it on TV and noticing that I wasn't getting commentary from Martin Brundle so complaining about I didn't know who qualifed where except for a few highlights. The things that I remember clearly were....

Lucas di Grassi also didn't make it out of Q1 but got a more respectable 1m51 but was still slow.
Trulli got in Q2.
Kobayashi was in Q3.
Stefan GP was at the track and were allowed to do a parade lap after practice but were not allowed to race.

Wow, your dreams are specific and realistic! Especially considering mine have involved qualifying taking place as hang-gliding, and a Grand Prix and Grand National running on the same track, resulting in awful equine carnage.

The most recent one I have any memory is of the front of the grid being filled out with mainly newbie drivers whose names I didn't recognise - leading to excitement on my part that we'd have a brand new winner - but most of whom are eliminated at a first corner crash.
coops

Post by coops »

I once had a dream I was a driver for Williams and I met the Spice Girls. Then it went daft and I did'nt even get to sit in the car (which, as it was a dream, was orange).
"Aerodynamics is for those who cannot manufacture good engines."
-Enzo Ferrari
Popi_Larrauri

Post by Popi_Larrauri »

I HAD ONE LAST WEEK!!! The first in 22 years.

In it I was set to test an F3 in preseason (it was a Renault F1 designed F3 challenger). And it could be a serious jump to F1 in short term. Since I was about to be a paydriver, I had to promise 2.500 Arg pesos, less than 1.000 U$s, to reach a deal :shock: . But then, in an unbelievable showing of guts, I told them that if I got a contract for the entire year, I could bring as much as 4.000 u$s (heard it, Whole Spanish Press?) :shock: :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: .

As the dream went on, I was chatting with a friend, both worried by the fact that I was unprepared, somewhat overweighed to fit in the cockpit and that I was too old for that... The dream went then on on a different direction, but the feeling was amazing, since there was the general notion that I deserved it by own merits and that the team was somewhat related to USF1 (USF1-Renault 2011?) and I was set to drive along with Lopez.

Facts: On these days, I let my Renault Megane II for a reparation in the fuel pump that costed, roughly, 1.000 u$s and a f***ng headache. Damn you Brazilian carmakers and french designers.

PS: Conclusion: I deserved to have a broken fuel pump since I had the Idea to buy a fully computarized car. Why on earth computers fare excellent and cheaply in every field of life except for cars?
Winners have lots of friends, losers have good friends.
Alianora La Canta

Post by Alianora La Canta »

Popi_Larrauri - previous post wrote:PS: Conclusion: I deserved to have a broken fuel pump since I had the Idea to buy a fully computarized car. Why on earth computers fare excellent and cheaply in every field of life except for cars?

...or in my most recent dream, which involved a race where the official computers all shut down before the race, the excuse being that some unnameable GP2 driver had gone so fast in the preceding sprint race that he'd managed to break every electronic item more complicated than a calculator that was switched on in a five-mile radius. The race eventually got going about two hours late when one of the F1 drivers produced his own laptop (which had been out of battery power at the time of the GP2 sprint and therefore unaffected), downloaded some obscure timing program off the internet and let the FIA use that to figure out what the cars were doing. (In an act of cosmic justice, the driver in question lapped the field and won).
Cynon

Post by Cynon »

F1 Dream: I was watching a race in which Erin Crocker won in a Sauber Dodge with Bowser (of Super Mario fame) in second, and Sebastien Bourdais's 2006 Champ Car in third.
Check out the TM Master Cup Series on Youtube...
...or check out my random retro IndyCar clips.

Dr. Helmut Marko wrote: Finally we have an Australian in the team who can start a race well and challenge Vettel.
LucaPacchiarini

Post by LucaPacchiarini »

I dreamt about F1 racing in my hometrack...Mugello...
and I was sitting in the lawn before the first corner, San Donato, also managing to see the following corners (the Luco - Pogiosecco esses, I don't know if it's possible, never been in that part of the track)

shame it won't ever happen :oops:
..I'm the member number 666 on this forum... I'm doomed to rejectdom
"Giovanni Lavaggi Draiver is a big, bigger than people think"
(Giancarlo Minardi, on his former driver Giovanni Lavaggi)
shinji
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by shinji »

I had a dream last night that I can barely remember, but in it I was watching an F1 race, thinking it was the first of the season, but then being told there had already been 3 races, and upon hearing this I was very upset.

Not very exciting.
Better than 'Tour in a suit case' Takagi.
madcat

Post by madcat »

SuperAguri wrote:Not the type a Karting driver might have, but the ones you have when you are asleep. I am sure every so often we have a dream featuring our favourite sport...

Trulli got in Q2.
Kobayashi was in Q3.

Now you really didn't dream that, did you? If you did you'd probably have the Chuckle Brothers driving a Campos, the track would change to ice cream half way, and some random cousin of yours would be doing the commentating.
As i looked at my naked body in the mirror, i thought to myself,
"I'm going to get thrown out of Ikea any minute.".
BigG80

Post by BigG80 »

I had a nightmare I was watching the European Grand Prix at Valencia...
Butterfox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Butterfox »

BigG80 wrote:I had a nightmare I was watching the European Grand Prix at Valencia...

sadly, that was reality :|

(off course i know you did not mean the race itself)
I don't know what i want and i want it now!
Waris

Post by Waris »

Sorry for bumping, but, believe it or not, last night I dreamed of Jacques Villeneuve qualifying on pole and finishing second in a gold (!) Stefan in the Bahrain GP...
MOTOR RACING IS DANGEROUS
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

LucaPacchiarini wrote:I dreamt about F1 racing in my hometrack...Mugello...
and I was sitting in the lawn before the first corner, San Donato, also managing to see the following corners (the Luco - Pogiosecco esses, I don't know if it's possible, never been in that part of the track)

shame it won't ever happen :oops:

nice! I'd love to see some F1 action at Mugello, the motoGP is great there!

as for the esses after the first turn (hairpin right?) i think you'd be able to see the start of them as the track goes slightly uphill but probably only the first turn as it drops away a little for the second turn. Lovely track though, some fantastic racing gone on there over the years!
I want my MTV...Simtek Ford

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
Yannick

Post by Yannick »

I had a weird F1 dream tonight. I was watching the Belgian GP at Spa and only 5 cars finished. Heikki Kovalainen in the Lotus was the last car to retire and ran in 2nd position when he did.

Olivier Panis in the Prost won the race. Jean-Eric Vergne in the Toro Rosso eventually inherited 2nd place. And a Dutch pay driver in a Minardi came 3rd. I don't remember who was 4th and 5th but the liveries of the cars were white with red and they were not teammates. Maybe it was a BAR and a SuperAguri, maybe something else entirely.

So much for F1 Reject dreams.
"I don't think we should be used to finance (the manufacturers') R&D because they will produce that engine anyway" said Monisha Kaltenborn.
"You will never see a Mercedes using a Ferrari engine or the other way round."
14 Hundred Hours

Post by 14 Hundred Hours »

I'm glad I'm not the only one having these kind of dreams! Although mine tend to be a bit weirder- I dreamt the BBC re-enacted the Japanese Grand Prix using lego, and another one where d'Ambrosio turned up on Top Gear showing footage of the 2008 Hungarian GP which he claimed he'd won. And a nightmare involving getting locked in the windtunnel at Williams by Jenson Button, who for some reason was a pirate.
Timo Glock für Bürgermeister.
Also I'm a girl. Maybe I shoulda made this clear waaay back to avoid confusion!
DanielPT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DanielPT »

1 - That was an epic bump.

2 - Are we in F1 deprivation mode? Again?

3 - I have never dreamt with F1 until now. I usually dream with girls. And I will say no more...
Colin Kolles on F111, 2011 HRT challenger: The car doesn't look too bad; it looks like a modern F1 car.
QuickYoda41

Post by QuickYoda41 »

DanielPT wrote:2 - Are we in F1 deprivation mode? Again?

Again, what do you mean? We never stopped being in it.

Anyway to the topic: I only had F1 related dreams several years ago, so I can't remember much of them, but most of the time it was about a race start, which very likely involved crash. I can also remember that I once dreamt about Tora Takagi finishing on podium, several years after he actually left F1.
DanielPT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DanielPT »

QuickYoda41 wrote:
DanielPT wrote:2 - Are we in F1 deprivation mode? Again?

Again, what do you mean? We never stopped being in it.

I thought things had cooled off in the last 24 hours given that one or two news pieces about Bahrain had been released... Oh well, forget I mentioned anything! :)
Colin Kolles on F111, 2011 HRT challenger: The car doesn't look too bad; it looks like a modern F1 car.
Pointrox

Post by Pointrox »

I had a dream like that a month ago.
I was visiting HRT at Indianapolis (...wait, what?). I was just wandering freely in the garage. I've noticed that one of the cars was in the garage so I wanted to get in, when somebody shouted:
- Number 23 must be on track in a few minutes! Where is he?
I jumped out and quickly ran out, bumping into... Jos Verstappen! He was in HRT overalls. He said "sorry mate" in Mark Webber's voice (wtf) and walked in to the garage I left.
Then I woke up.
Last edited by Pointrox on 10 Jan 2012, 23:05, edited 1 time in total.
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

I had a weird dream. I was replacing an injured Heikki Kovalainen in the 2010 British Grand Prix for Lotus. It started raining on the formation lap, I pitted for wets and started from pit lane. I should point out that despite the year the race was being held on the 2009 track configuration.

By the end of lap 1 I had caught up to the back of the pack and quickly passed Luca Badoer driving his 1999 Minardi, Mazzacane's 2000 Minardi, Alesi's 2001 Prost and Senna's 1989 McLaren. The track dried up and I timed all my tyre stops to perfection, so I leapt up to 7th without overtaking anyone else. I lapped my team-mate Trulli for the second time just before pitting for a final time with six laps remaining, taking wets on a bone dry track. And, what a coincidece, it starts pouring of rain the moment I leave the pits! Hakkinen spins out on dry tires, Schumacher (both driving their 1999 cars) replicates his 1999 accident but due to aquaplaning on inters this time, I fly past a woefully slow Nick Heidfeld driving his BMW Sauber F1.09 for 3rd, barge my way past Mark Webber driving a Renault R25, and finally, spend the last three laps catching Fernando Alonso (driving his 2010 Ferrari) at 10 seconds per lap, eventually nailing him on the final lap around the outside of him at Stowe.

And I went on to win the race by 3 seconds from Webber, after Alonso had a wheel fall off at Abbey and he droppped to 4th. When I finished the slowing down lap and walked up to the podium, instead of Flower of Scotland or Scotland the Brave being played over the PA it was Pavarotti's Nessun Dorma :shock:

And then my dream took a very sudden detour to the San Siro...but that's not relevant to this part of the story :lol:
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

I had a dream once, after watching the 1999 European GP on YouTube. Can't remember most of it, except for Murray Walker listing out the order... which comprimised entirely of Luca Badoer. 13 Luca Badoers.
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
dinizintheoven

Post by dinizintheoven »

I had a strange dream that Yannick couldn't resist the lure of a new F1 season and came back to join us after vowing never to pay the slightest bit of attention to any form of motorsport ever again.

Yannick wrote:I had a weird F1 dream tonight. I was watching the Belgian GP at Spa and only 5 cars finished. Heikki Kovalainen in the Lotus was the last car to retire and ran in 2nd position when he did.
Olivier Panis in the Prost won the race. Jean-Eric Vergne in the Toro Rosso eventually inherited 2nd place. And a Dutch pay driver in a Minardi came 3rd. I don't remember who was 4th and 5th but the liveries of the cars were white with red and they were not teammates. Maybe it was a BAR and a SuperAguri, maybe something else entirely.

I really have to stop drinking that marijuana gin.
James Allen, on his favourite F1 engine of all time:
"...the Life W12, I can't describe the noise to you, but imagine filling your dustbin with nuts and bolts, and then throwing it down the stairs, it was something akin to that!"
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

dinizintheoven wrote:I had a strange dream that Yannick couldn't resist the lure of a new F1 season and came back to join us after vowing never to pay the slightest bit of attention to any form of motorsport ever again.

Yannick wrote:I had a weird F1 dream tonight. I was watching the Belgian GP at Spa and only 5 cars finished. Heikki Kovalainen in the Lotus was the last car to retire and ran in 2nd position when he did.

I really have to stop drinking that marijuana gin.

It's brave of him to return in the middle of the worst outbreak of F1 Deprivation on record...
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
RonDenisDeletraz

Post by RonDenisDeletraz »

I had a boring one where Alonso started on pole (at a track that was a wierd cross between Zandvoort and new Hockenheim) but blew his engine before the first corner.
aerond wrote:Yes RDD, but we always knew you never had any sort of taste either :P

tommykl wrote:I have a shite car and meme sponsors, but Corrado Fabi will carry me to the promised land with the power of Lionel Richie.
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

eurobrun wrote:I had a boring one where Alonso started on pole (at a track that was a wierd cross between Zandvoort and new Hockenheim) but blew his engine before the first corner.

Bearing in mind Martin Brundle's start to the 1994 British GP, how is this at all boring?
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
Sunshine_Baby_[IT]

Post by Sunshine_Baby_[IT] »

SuperAguri wrote:Anyone have any other F1 related dreams?

I love this kind of topics! :-)
And it's a comforting thing that I'm not the only one who have dreams related to Formula 1. ;-)

I remember that when I was 12, during a night I dreamt of a race which ended with the two Minardi in 1st position and in 2nd. Drivers were Gené and Mazzacane, I don't remember who won, probably Gené.

But I have the most amazing dream during the night before Massa's crash in Hungary 2009. In my dream Massa had a horrible crash and was injuried... Anyway the crash was really different from the real one and also the consequences of the crash, and many other things were different.
I'm Perry McCarthy and Taki Inoue's fan number 1 and I always will be.

My twitter: @Miluuu_Sunshine
stupot94

Post by stupot94 »

I had a dream that Luca Badoer signed for Red Bull. Won every race and won the title. However they found out his helmet was 0.00001th of an inch too thin. And was banned from motorsport for life.

I dont sleep. I daydream
Say your prayers, here comes the Pastor
David AGS

Post by David AGS »

Saw Damon Hill driving a McLaren.

Definetly Hill, as saw his dark blue helmet with white lines. The McLaren was in red and white, backed by Marlboro, must of been from mid 90's. I dont know why but it was pretty clear. Was driving around, not sure if it was a race or testing.
Miserable Thierry (Boutsen) staggers round mostly on ten cylinders (out of 12) with no clutch, low oil pressure, bad brakes and no grip to finish tenth, 3 laps down...

(Murray Walkers review of Boutsen's Brazil 1991 race).

Thats a point these days!
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

David AGS wrote:Saw Damon Hill driving a McLaren.

Definetly Hill, as saw his dark blue helmet with white lines. The McLaren was in red and white, backed by Marlboro, must of been from mid 90's. I dont know why but it was pretty clear. Was driving around, not sure if it was a race or testing.

You're actually closer to the truth than you think you are :lol:
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
Dj_bereta

Post by Dj_bereta »

I had a strange dream about 2012 season, with Trulli ending the season in front of both HRT, Virgins, Toro Rossos, Saubers and GRRSSJJJNN. :o
Waiting for Lotus hiring Johnny Cecotto jr.
David AGS

Post by David AGS »

Wizzie wrote:
David AGS wrote:Saw Damon Hill driving a McLaren.

You're actually closer to the truth than you think you are :lol:

The only problem was that this was last night. Mabe it was him at Goodwood or something!
Miserable Thierry (Boutsen) staggers round mostly on ten cylinders (out of 12) with no clutch, low oil pressure, bad brakes and no grip to finish tenth, 3 laps down...

(Murray Walkers review of Boutsen's Brazil 1991 race).

Thats a point these days!
WeirdKerr
Location: on the edge of nowhere with a ludicrous grid penalty.....

Post by WeirdKerr »

IVe had several over the years including 1 about a grand prix hit by an earthquake in the middle wich i was annoyed at as Coulthard was leading (in a '99 Mclaren) and other where the cars all started drifting japanese style.... and the black stig from top gear won in a coloni
FMecha

Post by FMecha »

WeirdKerr wrote:IVe had several over the years including 1 about a grand prix hit by an earthquake in the middle wich i was annoyed at as Coulthard was leading (in a '99 Mclaren) and other where the cars all started drifting japanese style.... and the black stig from top gear won in a coloni

:shock: You sure it's... McCarthy? (FYI McCarthy's team is Andrea Moda)
PSN ID: FMecha_EXE | FMecha on GT Sport
Aerospeed

Post by Aerospeed »

I've had a bizarre one last night. For some odd reason, Lewis Hamilton and Felipe Massa were teammates, and they were showing off their "new car" (they didn't say what year). They were wearing their usual overalls (Mclaren for Hamilton and Ferrari for Massa), but the car was purple. Solid purple, with a whack of sponsors, of course. I couldn't tell you anything past that point.
Mistakes in potatoes will ALWAYS happen :P
Trulli bad puns...
IN JAIL NO ONE CAN HEAR YOU SCREAM
WeirdKerr

Post by WeirdKerr »

FMecha wrote:
WeirdKerr wrote:IVe had several over the years including 1 about a grand prix hit by an earthquake in the middle wich i was annoyed at as Coulthard was leading (in a '99 Mclaren) and other where the cars all started drifting japanese style.... and the black stig from top gear won in a coloni

:shock: You sure it's... McCarthy? (FYI McCarthy's team is Andrea Moda)

I know the black stig was McCarthy but the car in my dream was the yellow Coloni from '87
WeirdKerr

Post by WeirdKerr »

How odd last night i dreamt that i was watching the 3rd race of the season and the mercedes won but there was a mix up with the commentary feeds or something so we had some strange commentary team......
Sunshine_Baby_[IT]

Post by Sunshine_Baby_[IT] »

WeirdKerr wrote:How odd last night i dreamt that i was watching the 3rd race of the season and the mercedes won but there was a mix up with the commentary feeds or something so we had some strange commentary team......

Which one of Mercedes drivers won the race?

I've just remembered a dream that I had an year ago!
Before Barhain grand prix cancellation, in january, I dreamt of Schumacher winning that grand prix. In my dream I was not at home and I was afraid to arrive home too late to watch the race, then I went in a bar and watched the race there.
I'm Perry McCarthy and Taki Inoue's fan number 1 and I always will be.

My twitter: @Miluuu_Sunshine
Shadaza

Post by Shadaza »

Talk about strange, I had a dream where for some reason Kamui Kobayashi was in my kitchen, apologised for the mess and then vanishing in a poof of smoke, I think I accredit this to too much manga....
Message me on Discord.
Butterfox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Butterfox »

Shadaza wrote:Talk about strange, I had a dream where for some reason Kamui Kobayashi was in my kitchen, apologised for the mess and then vanishing in a poof of smoke, I think I accredit this to too much manga....

at least he apologised!
I don't know what i want and i want it now!