The place for speaking your mind on current goings-on in F1
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: The Junior Series Thread

Post by pasta_maldonado »

Ataxia wrote:guys, I did it

I wonder if Louis Deletraz gets the joke :deletraz:
Klon wrote:more liek Nick Ass-idy amirite?
yannicksamlad
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by yannicksamlad »

Ataxia - you genius!
I started supporting Emmo in 1976 (3 points )....missed 75, 74, 73, 72...
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

Here's the photos I collected over the week: https://imgur.com/gallery/kzqga

Clicking on each one makes them look less jpg-y...
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
Enforcer
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Enforcer »

dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Enforcer wrote:Arise, Zanardi the Second:

https://www.autosport.com/national/news ... -to-racing

If that had happened Sunday morning, I might have wondered if it was a sick April Fool. But it really happened! But I think he only had the budget for one weekend...
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
BigG80

Post by BigG80 »

Finally caught up with the F2 races from Bahrain last night.

Land Norris looked very impressive but the real star of the weekend was definitely Markelov. He's been one of the most exciting drivers in the series for the past couple of years.
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

George Russell is an F2 race winner this morning, making up for De Vries clattering into him in the feature race yesterday. Seriously good race, but the series needs to sort out the clutches on the new car. I'm amazed we didn't have another Germany 2001-type accident at the start with the amount of stalled cars littering the grid.

But regardless, the true ROTR today is none other than our man on the inside Shakey Jakey, thanks to this appalling pun. Sweepstakes on when he's banned from using the official twitter accounts anyone? :pantano:

Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
AdrianBelmonte_

Post by AdrianBelmonte_ »

I feel the obligation to talk about Juju Noda, the 11 year old daughter of a certain Hideki Noda

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6XieLRDaIc
#FoxesFansHooligans

#HaasShouldBeSoLucky
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

East Londoner wrote:George Russell is an F2 race winner this morning, making up for De Vries clattering into him in the feature race yesterday. Seriously good race, but the series needs to sort out the clutches on the new car. I'm amazed we didn't have another Germany 2001-type accident at the start with the amount of stalled cars littering the grid.

But regardless, the true ROTR today is none other than our man on the inside Shakey Jakey, thanks to this appalling pun. Sweepstakes on when he's banned from using the official twitter accounts anyone? :pantano:

Go to hell, that's an excellent tweet and you know it. :vergne:

I'm wiped out after this weekend. What a pair of races...
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
yannicksamlad
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by yannicksamlad »

More entertaining F2 and GP3 action in Spain , but it was noticeable that the GP3 crew did rely mostly on DRS to pass..Barcelona is such a tough track to pass on.
Fortunately F2 sorted out the clutch..it seems, so the debacle of multiple stalls was not repeated.

Santino Ferrucci's place in the Haas set up seems to be an act of extreme patriotic benevolence . He seems to have been promoted from GP3 to F2 on the basis that he wasnt going well in GP3 so why not have a go at F2, and apart from keeping his head in a couple of F2's crazier races, he hasnt really showed much..but Haas have him somewhere on the books. He's very young , so he's got plenty of time, but there must be some other drivers who look at him and think....
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

yannicksamlad wrote:More entertaining F2 and GP3 action in Spain , but it was noticeable that the GP3 crew did rely mostly on DRS to pass..Barcelona is such a tough track to pass on.
Fortunately F2 sorted out the clutch..it seems, so the debacle of multiple stalls was not repeated.

Santino Ferrucci's place in the Haas set up seems to be an act of extreme patriotic benevolence . He seems to have been promoted from GP3 to F2 on the basis that he wasnt going well in GP3 so why not have a go at F2, and apart from keeping his head in a couple of F2's crazier races, he hasnt really showed much..but Haas have him somewhere on the books. He's very young , so he's got plenty of time, but there must be some other drivers who look at him and think....

The second GP3 race was mad, I haven't a clue why Jenzer figured putting Beckmann and Calderon on slicks was a good idea...

What you don't know is that we'd organised a rap battle between Gelael and Ferrucci for our F2 content, before we get a call from Trident's PR that Santino had bottled it... :P
yannicksamlad
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by yannicksamlad »

Ataxia wrote:
The second GP3 race was mad, I haven't a clue why Jenzer figured putting Beckmann and Calderon on slicks was a good idea...

What you don't know is that we'd organised a rap battle between Gelael and Ferrucci for our F2 content, before we get a call from Trident's PR that Santino had bottled it... :P

I seem to have picked up ( probably from you), that Sean is multi talented, so I can see why Santino declined.
It's all very tight in F2 and GP3 so any slight weakness, a missed run etc can mean you're only 14th , so I don't want to be too harsh, but Albon, Deletraz, Boschung etc may look at Santino and think "I could do that Haas role".

As for Jenzer - seeing as Tatiana and David were finding passing to be difficult, I suppose it was worth a try. I think Palmer actually had a reasonably fast last lap as it finally dried out ( I may be mistaken ) .

Shame there arent more GP3 weekends . And a big shame we'll probably lose this GP3 machine when it all becomes F3 and they'll get less powerful machinery.
Turbogirl

Post by Turbogirl »

AdrianBelmonte_ wrote:I feel the obligation to talk about Juju Noda, the 11 year old daughter of a certain Hideki Noda

I've read an article about her recently. It seems she's quite talented. Honestly, I would've never imagined that the next big female F1 hope came from Japan. (Simply because you don't hear from many female japanese racing drivers in general - just sayin' in case someone might misinterpret my statement! ;) )

Juju-san might be going places, but it's a long way ahead of her until she reaches F1. I wish her the best, and I do hope that F1 is finally ready for a female driver when she's both old enough and experienced enough. But we've seen the likes of Alice Powell, Beitske Visser, Simona de Silvestro, and Sophia Flörsch trying to reach F1 (in Sophia's case still trying) and not making it. It's not even their own fault, mind you, I'm just pointing out that the road to F1 is rockier than a mountainside.
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

I'm sorry to say this but F2 has turned into an utter crapshoot this year. There hasn't been a single race this year where someone hasn't stalled on the grid, I'm amazed we haven't had a huge startline crash yet.

Markelov, Russell and Albon are having their title challenges ruined through no fault of their own, and even Lando Norris is starting to be affected by this awful car. It's a real shame because the on-track product has been great as ever.
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
yannicksamlad
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by yannicksamlad »

East Londoner wrote:I'm sorry to say this but F2 has turned into an utter crapshoot this year. There hasn't been a single race this year where someone hasn't stalled on the grid, I'm amazed we haven't had a huge startline crash yet.

Markelov, Russell and Albon are having their title challenges ruined through no fault of their own, and even Lando Norris is starting to be affected by this awful car. It's a real shame because the on-track product has been great as ever.

Agreed - and particularly the bit about the risks from stallers - see F3 Dan Ticktum . Its dangerous
good_Ralf

Post by good_Ralf »

And at the other end of the F2 grid, Arjun Maini might just be the unhappiest of the lot. [strong language incoming]
Check out the position of the sun on 2 August at 20:08 in my garden

Allard Kalff in 1994 wrote:OH!! Schumacher in the wall! Right in front of us, Michael Schumacher is in the wall! He's hit the pitwall, he c... Ah, it's Jos Verstappen.
Bobby Doorknobs

Post by Bobby Doorknobs »

good_Ralf wrote:And at the other end of the F2 grid, Arjun Maini might just be the unhappiest of the lot. [strong language incoming]

Why... why do I continue to scroll down to the comment section on YouTube? :facepalm:
#FreeGonzo
Rob Dylan

Post by Rob Dylan »

Simtek wrote:
good_Ralf wrote:And at the other end of the F2 grid, Arjun Maini might just be the unhappiest of the lot. [strong language incoming]

Why... why do I continue to scroll down to the comment section on YouTube? :facepalm:
...All I have to say to that... is +1.
Murray Walker at the 1997 Austrian Grand Prix wrote:The other [Stewart] driver, who nobody's been paying attention to, because he's disappointing, is Jan Magnussen.
Felipe Nasr - the least forgettable F1 driver!
mario

Post by mario »

yannicksamlad wrote:
East Londoner wrote:I'm sorry to say this but F2 has turned into an utter crapshoot this year. There hasn't been a single race this year where someone hasn't stalled on the grid, I'm amazed we haven't had a huge startline crash yet.

Agreed - and particularly the bit about the risks from stallers - see F3 Dan Ticktum . Its dangerous

They were supposed to have fixed this issue back in Monaco precisely because they were so concerned about the risk of a major start line accident if somebody hit a stalled car, but something seems to be going badly wrong. We've perhaps been somewhat fortunate that, so far, it's mainly been frustrating rather than dangerous, but it increasingly feels like only a matter of time before there is an accident.

Rob Dylan wrote:
Simtek wrote:

...All I have to say to that... is +1.

If Joseph Conrad were to write "Heart of Darkness" today, he'd probably base it around the sorts of comments you get on YouTube videos these days...
Martin Brundle, on watching a replay of Grosjean spinning:
"The problem with Grosjean is that he want to take a look back at the corner he's just exited"
good_Ralf

Post by good_Ralf »

The F2 races will be starting behind the safety car, as a result of the excessive number of grid stalls. Standing starts will resume in Hungary.

http://www.fiaformula2.com/News-Room/News/2018/06_June/F2-starts-to-be-given-under-Safety-car/

Allard Kalff in 1994 wrote:OH!! Schumacher in the wall! Right in front of us, Michael Schumacher is in the wall! He's hit the pitwall, he c... Ah, it's Jos Verstappen.
yannicksamlad
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by yannicksamlad »

Well, the start went ok. But Nissany, Boschung, Aitken and Deletraz will testify that problems remain.
Disappointing..
But great racing action in a Pirelli tyre lottery!
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

With his performance in the F2 sprint race today, I think George Russell has surely overtaken Lando Norris - not just on the racetrack, not just in the championship, but also as the Next Big Thing for Britain in F1. A supreme overtaking drive, charging through from 7th to 2nd in a matter of a dozen laps at most.
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
good_Ralf

Post by good_Ralf »

I somewhat agree with you. Norris is still very quick and deserves an F1 seat in the future, but when he's not leading from pole, he doesn't seem to have that little bit extra form that Russell possesses.

Bobby Doorknobs

Continuing from the ROTR thread...

I'm curious... what did Ferrucci senior do?
#FreeGonzo
Fred Mayo

Post by Fred Mayo »

Reportedly Ferrucci Jr and/or Sr made racist remarks and mocked Arjun Maini’s Indian accent.

And seeing as they wanted to run Trump’s MAGA message on their car I’m not really surprised, to be honest.
Butterfox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Butterfox »

Sigh, some americans might be surprised to hear this but not everyone has an american accent... And yeah sure Maini isn't exactly a mentally strong driver, but just ignore it if it annoys you. Ferruci isn't exactly the next big thing either...
I don't know what i want and i want it now!
Rob Dylan

Post by Rob Dylan »

I haven't been able to follow F2 this year, though I really would like to, but from seeing Russell and Norris last year, I made the very same remark that Norris wasn't as complete as Russell. Admittedly he's younger, but yeah, if I were a team boss I know Russell would be the safer pair of hands at the very least.
Murray Walker at the 1997 Austrian Grand Prix wrote:The other [Stewart] driver, who nobody's been paying attention to, because he's disappointing, is Jan Magnussen.
Felipe Nasr - the least forgettable F1 driver!
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

This wrote:And yeah sure Maini isn't exactly a mentally strong driver, but just ignore it if it annoys you. Ferruci isn't exactly the next big thing either...

I think, once you put the pieces together, you start to understand Arjun's outburst on the radio. There's a lot more involved in the situation that hasn't seen the light of day, but it's essentially a continuation of Ferrucci's antagonism.
good_Ralf

Post by good_Ralf »

Any clues as to who Santino's replacement is going to be (in the rounds he is suspended for at least)? HWNSNBM was at Silverstone this weekend!

yannicksamlad
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by yannicksamlad »

Latifi might want to try a change of car ....
I have a fondness for Sergio Canamasas (yes..really) so I'd like to see him back.. more realistically will someone pay for Ilott, or Zhou, or Mazepin to step in?
Bobby Doorknobs

yannicksamlad wrote:Latifi might want to try a change of car ....
I have a fondness for Sergio Canamasas (yes..really) so I'd like to see him back.. more realistically will someone pay for Ilott, or Zhou, or Mazepin to step in?

Has to be Cecotto Jr. It'll be his tenth (partial or full) season!
#FreeGonzo
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

Simtek wrote:

I know who it is... ;)
Bobby Doorknobs

Ataxia wrote:
Simtek wrote:

I know who it is... ;)

It's not on Autosport or anything, so where are you getting this? You'd have to be in the F2 paddock to know something like that...
#FreeGonzo
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

Simtek wrote:It's not on Autosport or anything, so where are you getting this? You'd have to be in the F2 paddock to know something like that...

I AM the paddock.
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

Ataxia wrote:
Simtek wrote:It's not on Autosport or anything, so where are you getting this? You'd have to be in the F2 paddock to know something like that...

I AM the paddock.

Pics or it didn't happen :P
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Wizzie wrote:
Ataxia wrote:

I AM the paddock.

What's Charles Pic and co. got to do with it?
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
yannicksamlad
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by yannicksamlad »

dr-baker wrote:
Wizzie wrote:..
Simtek wrote:It's not on Autosport or anything, so where are you getting this? You'd have to be in the F2 paddock to know something like that..

What's Charles Pic and co. got to do with it?

:D . Loving this thread
But driving me mad; Ataxia knows, and I don't... C'mon! ( And it would be good if it was Johnny. Better if it was Sergio)
Butterfox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Butterfox »

It's defenitely going to be Kvyat, right? :D
I don't know what i want and i want it now!
yannicksamlad
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by yannicksamlad »

Any clues Ataxia? Anything? - Ilott, Ticktum, maybe Alesi, Mazepin, Zhou, Teveter(!) , Palou?
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

yannicksamlad wrote:Any clues Ataxia? Anything? - Ilott, Ticktum, maybe Alesi, Mazepin, Zhou, Teveter(!) , Palou?

With Ferrucci's contract situation presumably requiring some quick cash, a legal embroilment suggests Sergio is obvious, but lawsuits over racing all need direct income to pay the bills, which isn't something I've heard Canamasas is much good at.

Make of that what you will...