#FoxesFansHooligans

#HaasShouldBeSoLucky
yannicksamlad
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: The Junior Series Thread

Post by yannicksamlad »

Ataxia wrote:
yannicksamlad wrote:Any clues Ataxia? Anything? - Ilott, Ticktum, maybe Alesi, Mazepin, Zhou, Teveter(!) , Palou?

With Ferrucci's contract situation presumably requiring some quick cash, a legal embroilment suggests Sergio is obvious, but lawsuits over racing all need direct income to pay the bills, which isn't something I've heard Canamasas is much good at.

Make of that what you will...

I'd agree that Sergio hasnt always been backed by as much cash as others ..so its a long shot. Although I think he still has some Trident overalls.
So we now have a seat spare for the season...although they might just take the first available person for Hungary, and then have someone else for the remainder. Who will it be ? ..Ilott seems a frontrunner to me, but he'd have to leave Prema to go to Trident (same for Zhou)..Maybe not.
So maybe Alesi, Ticktum ( who needs superlicence points per Red Bull and isnt getting them in F3), or from Trident GP3 - Piquet, Lorandi, Teveter?
I started supporting Emmo in 1976 (3 points )....missed 75, 74, 73, 72...
Rob Dylan

Post by Rob Dylan »

Mick Schumacher? :D
Murray Walker at the 1997 Austrian Grand Prix wrote:The other [Stewart] driver, who nobody's been paying attention to, because he's disappointing, is Jan Magnussen.
Felipe Nasr - the least forgettable F1 driver!
mario

Post by mario »

yannicksamlad wrote:
Ataxia wrote:
yannicksamlad wrote:Any clues Ataxia? Anything? - Ilott, Ticktum, maybe Alesi, Mazepin, Zhou, Teveter(!) , Palou?

With Ferrucci's contract situation presumably requiring some quick cash, a legal embroilment suggests Sergio is obvious, but lawsuits over racing all need direct income to pay the bills, which isn't something I've heard Canamasas is much good at.

I'd agree that Sergio hasnt always been backed by as much cash as others ..so its a long shot. Although I think he still has some Trident overalls.
So we now have a seat spare for the season...although they might just take the first available person for Hungary, and then have someone else for the remainder. Who will it be ? ..Ilott seems a frontrunner to me, but he'd have to leave Prema to go to Trident (same for Zhou)..Maybe not.
So maybe Alesi, Ticktum ( who needs superlicence points per Red Bull and isnt getting them in F3), or from Trident GP3 - Piquet, Lorandi, Teveter?

Somebody over at Wikipedia seems to think that they know something that the rest of us don't by listing Joel Eriksson as the replacement driver for Ferrucci for the rest of this season.

I would have thought that, with Red Bull having been expressing their discontent about Ticktum being denied a testing licence, they might have been sniffing around at Ferrucci's former seat. Mind you, I guess it depends on whether they think that they can get any more licence points from competing in that series instead - I guess the more likely situation is somebody else in Formula 3 taking a gamble on being able to jump ahead of their rivals and snatch a place in Formula 2 ahead of them.
Martin Brundle, on watching a replay of Grosjean spinning:
"The problem with Grosjean is that he want to take a look back at the corner he's just exited"
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

And here it is: http://www.fiaformula2.com/News-Room/Ne ... h-Trident/

Before anyone says "give it a rest Taxi, you had absolutely no idea"...I left you a clue last week:

Ataxia wrote:

;)
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
BigG80

Post by BigG80 »

Bravo Ataxia, bravo!
yannicksamlad
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by yannicksamlad »

Full respect to you there Ataxia! Far too clever for me. I thought it was a strange sentence, but as the author of several equally strange ones ( on purpose and by accident ) , I thought no more about it.
yannicksamlad
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by yannicksamlad »

Well , with the F1 crew blasting through Eau Rouge/Radillon securely flat out, it will interesting to see if the new F2 car is flat and comfortable through the same bits . I recall the old one was frequently something of a challenge ...
Hoping no-one comes unstuck in a big way.
Also hoping the F2/GP3 crew don't make the common mistake of approaching Les Combes, edging someone wide, and they have a scary one ( an old F3 favourite as I recall )
yannicksamlad
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by yannicksamlad »

Dorian Boccolacci replaces Merhi in F2 MP motorsport car, and Richard Verschoor replaces Dorian in GP3.
IIRC Dorian had some issues making the GP3 Pirellis last...which could get worse with the fragile F2 ones
yannicksamlad
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by yannicksamlad »

My thoughts on the F2/GP3 Spa and Monza rounds, compared to the F1 action; those F1 boys look a bit scruffy . At Spa , lap 1 effectively eliminated 5 ( one quarter) of the F1 starters, and at Monza there was plenty of lap 1 damage ( and one eliminated) . Meanwhile the 'support' provided a pretty high standard of close racing. DeFrancesco at Monza was the low point (when he moved over on the car alongside) , but overall - credit to them . GP3 race 2 Monza was exceptional .

And Boccolaci got points - kept his tyres through race 2 Monza - my concerns were misplaced
Ciaran

Post by Ciaran »

The best thing about that F2 feature race was being able to say, "What is Deletraz doing?" :deletraz:
Manager of Calsonic Team Impul in Formula E, K-Apex in PES & Eurasian F3 and Mitsuoka in Alt-F1 '76.
My career mode thread - 1988: AGS (19pts, 9th) // 1989: Arrows (25pts, 8th, 1 win!)
You'll never DNF if you always DNPQ. #RollSafe
Rob Dylan

Post by Rob Dylan »

https://www.autosport.com/f3/news/138919/ticktum-queries-interesting-schumacher-f3-surge

So Dan Ticktum is not saying that there is foul play in Mick Schumacher's rise in pace since his first win. Was probably blown out of proportion by media and social media - what a shock :facepalm: - but hmmm. Is it sour grapes or might he have a point?
Murray Walker at the 1997 Austrian Grand Prix wrote:The other [Stewart] driver, who nobody's been paying attention to, because he's disappointing, is Jan Magnussen.
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

Rob Dylan wrote:https://www.autosport.com/f3/news/138919/ticktum-queries-interesting-schumacher-f3-surge

So Dan Ticktum is not saying that there is foul play in Mick Schumacher's rise in pace since his first win. Was probably blown out of proportion by media and social media - what a shock :facepalm: - but hmmm. Is it sour grapes or might he have a point?

He wrote various phrases such as "I've been robbed of the title, whether it's my fault or not" and that he's disadvantaged "because my name isn't Schumacher". This kid has an enormous chip on his shoulder because he's had a dip in form and his rival has managed to find a groove. I thought he'd matured a lot since his boneheaded days, but evidently he's not quite there yet.
kevinbotz wrote:Cantonese is a completely nonsensical f*cking alien language masquerading as some grossly bastardised form of Chinese

Gonzo wrote:Wasn't there some sort of communisim in the East part of Germany?
Turbogirl

Post by Turbogirl »

tommykl wrote:
Rob Dylan wrote:https://www.autosport.com/f3/news/138919/ticktum-queries-interesting-schumacher-f3-surge

He wrote various phrases such as "I've been robbed of the title, whether it's my fault or not" and that he's disadvantaged "because my name isn't Schumacher". This kid has an enormous chip on his shoulder because he's had a dip in form and his rival has managed to find a groove. I thought he'd matured a lot since his boneheaded days, but evidently he's not quite there yet.

Well, perfect Formula 1 material then. He already whines like a future champion. :P
Rob Dylan

Post by Rob Dylan »

Ok I missed those comments clearly then. I hadn't read anything further so I didn't want to stir the pot any further than it might already have been stirred by the media etc.

But yeah, while Ticktum is good, Mick Schumacher is just so much better than everyone else right now. It's really nice to see, as I was a little terrified all the praise would get to him as he was lingering in 12th place for every race. But the kid's come good. And good luck to him.
mario

Post by mario »

Rob Dylan wrote:Ok I missed those comments clearly then. I hadn't read anything further so I didn't want to stir the pot any further than it might already have been stirred by the media etc.

But yeah, while Ticktum is good, Mick Schumacher is just so much better than everyone else right now. It's really nice to see, as I was a little terrified all the praise would get to him as he was lingering in 12th place for every race. But the kid's come good. And good luck to him.

That would probably be because Ticktum has thought better of some of the comments he'd been making and has now deleted them, although much of the damage has already been done by now.

As others have noted, it is not just Mick whose performance has shown a sharp upswing though, as Robert Shwarzman has also been quite a bit more competitive as well. It has lead to some questioning whether there is something going on with the car, although it seems to be only them (Marcus Armstrong is still performing much as he was before the most recent rounds).
"The problem with Grosjean is that he want to take a look back at the corner he's just exited"
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

Much like Lando Norris, I'm moving "up" from F2...albeit this time, after this weekend at Sochi. In other words, this is my last weekend.

More on this as we have it...
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
Bobby Doorknobs

Post by Bobby Doorknobs »

Ataxia wrote:Much like Lando Norris, I'm moving "up" from F2...albeit this time, after this weekend at Sochi. In other words, this is my last weekend.

You're finally running for the FIA presidency?
#FreeGonzo
CarloSpace
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by CarloSpace »

Lando Norris with a strong claim for a RotR of the F2 race. First of all he got a terrible start, losing a couple of positions. Then he churned through his tyres losing more positions before his pit stop on lap 6, during which he does a Hamilton-esque drive through another team's pit box. No problem, he finds his pit box but to cap it all off he leaves the pit box before the team gives him the green light to do so. Because of this the right front tyre isn't properly fitted so he only makes it a few meters before stopping and retiring from the race. Nice one, Lando.
yannicksamlad
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by yannicksamlad »

Ataxia wrote:Much like Lando Norris, I'm moving "up" from F2...albeit this time, after this weekend at Sochi. In other words, this is my last weekend.

Interesting. ....keep us informed. The F2 and GP3 action was pretty good again this weekend . A strange outbreak of musical chairs with Nissany and Boschung ending their F2 seasons, Merhi in at Campos and Kari moving up from GP3 meant that GP3 had only 19 on the grid, which was a shame. Hopefully as F3 next season it'll be a full grid ( remember those swarms of GP3 cars a few years ago..)

And in the F2 sprint race - I was sure staying on slicks would work out at the end, but .....wrong!
Anyway Ataxia, I trust you've enjoyed it - tell us some stories (!) - and let us know what you're doing next
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

yannicksamlad wrote:

Interesting. ....keep us informed. The F2 and GP3 action was pretty good again this weekend . A strange outbreak of musical chairs with Nissany and Boschung ending their F2 seasons, Merhi in at Campos and Kari moving up from GP3 meant that GP3 had only 19 on the grid, which was a shame. Hopefully as F3 next season it'll be a full grid ( remember those swarms of GP3 cars a few years ago..)

And in the F2 sprint race - I was sure staying on slicks would work out at the end, but .....wrong!
Anyway Ataxia, I trust you've enjoyed it - tell us some stories (!) - and let us know what you're doing next

Yeah, there's been at least fifteen applicant teams for F3 next season, so a full grid should be on the cards!

It's been an experience, I've enjoyed some things and really hated others - but I suppose that's the same for any job! I'm not sure how much I can go into at the present, although let's just say that I may have had a hand in catching Ferrucci in the act of Trident treason...maybe I'll shove in a book for nobody to read in the future!
yannicksamlad
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by yannicksamlad »

Ataxia wrote:Yeah, there's been at least fifteen applicant teams for F3 next season, so a full grid should be on the cards!

It's been an experience, I've enjoyed some things and really hated others - but I suppose that's the same for any job! I'm not sure how much I can go into at the present, although let's just say that I may have had a hand in catching Ferrucci in the act of Trident treason...maybe I'll shove in a book for nobody to read in the future!

Good news about F3 - and Ataxia ;I'll buy the book . ( at a reasonable price)
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

And here's the list.

There were also entries from Eurocup teams Tech 1 and R-ace GP, but were also given the thumbs-down.
Pacific Edge

Post by Pacific Edge »

Congrats to Mick Schumacher on winning the Euro F3, but I wish people would stop hyping/favouring him because of his surname. Just let him be his own person and driver, getting on the hype train is dangerous enough, but to base the bulk of it on his surname is even worse.
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Pacific 777 wrote:Congrats to Mick Schumacher on winning the Euro F3, but I wish people would stop hyping/favouring him because of his surname. Just let him be his own person and driver, getting on the hype train is dangerous enough, but to base the bulk of it on his surname is even worse.

I don't think anyone here is doing that?

Looking forward to seeing Mick in F2 next year though (at least, that's where I'm assuming he's headed), here's hoping his upward trajectory continues! :D
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
Butterfox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Butterfox »

Pacific 777 wrote:Congrats to Mick Schumacher on winning the Euro F3, but I wish people would stop hyping/favouring him because of his surname. Just let him be his own person and driver, getting on the hype train is dangerous enough, but to base the bulk of it on his surname is even worse.

Let's hype him up as 'the nephew of Ralf Schumacher' then! :glasses:
I don't know what i want and i want it now!
lance_rambert

Post by lance_rambert »

On the F3 title... I genuinely didn't expect Mick's second half turnaround at all. He looked as mediocre as his rookie self in the first half, but then he apparently figured out qualifying and pulls out all of his 8 wins, including 5 in a row while cleaning out the Nurburgring. Gotta give serious props for that.

Assuming Mick goes to F2 next year (he probably should do GP3 next year if it will still exist...), I don't expect him to immediately get up to speed in his rookie season. In both German F4 and Euro F3, Mick's form starts off as a not-so-great rookie followed by a substantially more successful year. Pulling that off in F2 in the same time frame looks like a big ask. Unless a driver has similar immediate adaptability to a newer feeder formula like Leclerc/Norris/Vandoorne have shown, Mick is not going to look good next year right off the bat... but here's to hoping I'm proven wrong. :P
yannicksamlad
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by yannicksamlad »

This wrote:Let's hype him up as 'the nephew of Ralf Schumacher' then! :glasses:

I like that; Ralf's nephew - surely F2 next year ( no more F3, even with a more powerful engine) . With Prema, he'd be well placed in F2. Or swap to ART; that would be good for him . But easy to struggle in F2 with Pirelli's random rubber if you dont have a good team and the right tyre skills
Bobby Doorknobs

Post by Bobby Doorknobs »

This wrote:

Let's hype him up as 'the nephew of Ralf Schumacher' then! :glasses:

Hmmm, that might still be too much. How about the "step-nephew of Sebastian Stahl"?
#FreeGonzo
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

And that's a confirmed list for next year's F3, with the car to be launched in Abu Dhabi.

Don't be surprised if it looks similar to the old one, it's got a lot of common parts - although F3 regs dictate the use of shocks rather than torsion bars, so the bulkhead will be, well, bulkier.
yannicksamlad
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by yannicksamlad »

F3, new look, seems very promising - nice big grid just like the old GP3 days and I think it's going to have the GP3 engine, so it'll have some power. Hopefully this also means it'll have the GP3 characteristic of providing some good racing/passing opportunities
AdrianBelmonte_

Post by AdrianBelmonte_ »

#FoxesFansHooligans

#HaasShouldBeSoLucky
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
AdrianBelmonte_

Post by AdrianBelmonte_ »

Salamander wrote:
AdrianBelmonte_ wrote:Why nobody noticed THIS???

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/dele ... t/3206859/

Because we did in another thread...?

ah yeah...

i messed it up AGAIN :facepalm:
#FoxesFansHooligans

#HaasShouldBeSoLucky
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

AdrianBelmonte_ wrote:
Salamander wrote:
AdrianBelmonte_ wrote:Why nobody noticed THIS???

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/dele ... t/3206859/

Because we did in another thread...?

ah yeah...

i messed it up AGAIN :facepalm:

"And what is AdrianBelmonte_ doing?" ;)
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
Enforcer
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Enforcer »

Big smash here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDTqCjTOjeA

Amazingly, she's not dead. Just as well the car went in rear first.
mario

Post by mario »

Enforcer wrote:Big smash here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDTqCjTOjeA

Amazingly, she's not dead. Just as well the car went in rear first.

It sounds as if that was fortunate - she is reported as having fractured a vertebrae and will need to undergo surgical intervention, but it sounds as if she might be lucky to have gotten away with just that.

It sounds like it has also been a very lucky escape for a marshal and two photographers who were standing there at the time - the marshal is reported as having been struck by a pole from the catch fencing and suffered a broken jaw and lacerations to his face, but fortunately it seems his injuries are not critical. Similarly, one photographer appears to have been concussed and is currently under observation at hospital, whilst the other appears to have suffered from lacerations but is also in a stable condition.

It's also being reported that Tsuboi - Floersch's car caught the back of his car - has also been admitted to hospital after complaining of pain in his lower back. https://www.motorsport.com/f3/news/floe ... t/3216291/

There does seem to be some confusion over what exactly went wrong - there are a few reports suggesting that there was a gantry which was mistakenly showing a yellow warning light on in, and one of the drivers in front of Floersch might have started braking prematurely because they saw the warning light and thought that they were being instructed to slow down.
Butterfox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Butterfox »

According to Zhou, who was driving behind the incident, there were sudden yellow lights, causing Deruvala to brake hard and Florsh simply didn't have time to react. There seems to be no knowledge as to why these yellows were flashing.

I accidentally was on time to watch a live-stream, and i was annoyed to hell how the commentators kept apologising for Vips saying the F-word and then later kind a forcing an interviewer to make him apologise in an awkward manner. Seriously, don't make a big fuzz of a guy who just was messing around with his collegues. They obviously haven't heared Paul Stoddart on a Dutch TV lol :D
I don't know what i want and i want it now!
yannicksamlad
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by yannicksamlad »

Seems that Floersch's surgery has gone 'well' with reports saying that paralysis is not feared . Which is a relief. Very scary shunt- apparently no real deceleration before skimming across the kerb, over the other car and into debris fencing rather than the actual barrier. Not sure what would have made it less of an impact - you'd need a lot of run off before the car slowed down on its own. Very scary. Hoping everyone makes a full recovery
yannicksamlad
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by yannicksamlad »

New F3 car has had a shakedown ( incidentally seems Macau think it'd be too big and fast for their 'F3' Grand Prix), and really hope there's no issues there ( shouldnt be , surely, but then look what happened with F2 last year)

And now F2 are pre-season testing and already- what a grid ! Alesi , Schumacher , Deletraz, Sette Camara...etc . Tyres will remain Pirelli-random, so your results will depend hugely upon your (team's) understanding and luck with these , but there'll be great racing . Shame Fortec still haven't turned up to add to the grid ( which is already impressively 'full' of confirmed drivers) but there's plenty of interest; how will the big names ( as mentioned) get on
and what about Tatiana Calderon, Hubert, Ilott, Aitken and Matsushita ? .
I'm getting excited ....