The place for speaking your mind on current goings-on in F1
by yannicksamlad 05 May 2021, 10:38
CoopsII wrote:Well, I guess the numbers are down but the ones that still watch F1 are the important ones, the ones they want, demographics etc.

Plus there's probably other ways of watching that aren't measurable, online highlights clips etc.

For me I think F1 wants to chase new fans ( hence sprint races etc ) as well as keeping longer term fans who might be getting a little bored with Mercedes domination , but there is a huge risk that it attracts interest without attracting money. Fans who like to follow F1 on social media and just watch the free F1 videos and highlights, who dont buy a £40 team T shirt .. how much advertising income do they generate for F1?
Whereas those who pay for Sky , and will buy a race ticket for £400 are the ones keeping F1 in money.

I started supporting Emmo in 1976 (3 points )....missed 75, 74, 73, 72...
by CoopsII 05 May 2021, 17:28
It always seems strange to me to hear of “fans” getting bored of F1 being dominated by Mercedes / Red Bull / Ferrari / McLaren / Williams etc as it makes me think they’re missing the point of it.

Just For One Day...
by Francophone 23 May 2021, 11:38
CoopsII wrote:It always seems strange to me to hear of “fans” getting bored of F1 being dominated by Mercedes / Red Bull / Ferrari / McLaren / Williams etc as it makes me think they’re missing the point of it.

I couldn't agree more. What Mercedes is doing is pretty much unrivalled across all sport - to have dominance happening so long and to put together a team culture to sustain it is remarkable in itself and worth watching.

I know reliability was a thing in 1992 but I also wonder how current audiences would deal with a season like that where the FW14B in the hands of Mansell would just destroy everything , even Senna in his McLaren was nearly 3s off pole in P3 at Silverstone that year!
by MyHamsterRacedAnOnyx 27 Jun 2021, 23:29
With the current trend of having two races back to back at a single circuit, would the logistics work so that one of the races could be run anti-clockwise? Somewhere like Austria with few corners would be easy in turns of the run off areas,barriers,pit lane exit/entry surely? It'd give more of a sense of variety to the races.

Some people are looking for the meaning of life.Me,I'll be satisfied with a cute girl who can tell her Andrea Moda from her AGS...
by CaptainGetz12 28 Jun 2021, 02:03
MyHamsterRacedAnOnyx wrote:With the current trend of having two races back to back at a single circuit, would the logistics work so that one of the races could be run anti-clockwise? Somewhere like Austria with few corners would be easy in turns of the run off areas,barriers,pit lane exit/entry surely? It'd give more of a sense of variety to the races.

It probably would need to be graded separately by the FIA to be deemed safe. The only non-oval I know is graded for racing in both directions is Knockhill.

Klon wrote:What did poor André do to you for him to be insulted like that?