Naff F1 journalism

The place for speaking your mind on current goings-on in F1
MaxZero

Naff F1 journalism

Post by MaxZero »

Just like to highlight whats in the list of F1 stories at motorsport.com today, of all days when theres a lot going on and plenty to cover, they felt the need to write about Alonso's beard

http://www.motorsport.com/news/article. ... 8876&FS=F1

Apparently his mother doesn't like it

Nehoo there must be better examples of F1 non-stories, anyone got any favorites?
DanielPT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: Naff F1 journalism

Post by DanielPT »

I posted this a while back.

http://www.f1rejects.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3857

It is a good example of a F1 related non-story. But while my link is a generic news report, a news like that in motorsport is a whole new thing. Non related, it is a shame that Alonso is going to shave is moustache. I was looking forward to the return, at last, of the great moustachioed champion! Like the one in my avatar. Or this one:

Well, there goes my sole reason to root for Alonso. :lol:
Colin Kolles on F111, 2011 HRT challenger: The car doesn't look too bad; it looks like a modern F1 car.
Shadaza

Post by Shadaza »

Naff F1 journalism.
http://img199.imageshack.us/f/bbcf1fail.jpg/

Apparantly David Coulthard if of ex Ferrari fame. Having driven for, Williams, Ferrari and Redbull.

I don't expect too much from di Resta but I expect more from the BBC. I mean it's not like Coulthard is a major employee for the BBC F1 team or anyting :roll:

edit, they changed the bold text to say Mclaren but still have him as driving for Ferrari further down the page, I have a screen shot saved but don't know how to post it here.
Last edited by Shadaza on 03 Feb 2011, 23:50, edited 2 times in total.
Message me on Discord.
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

They seem to have changed the rest of the text as well, there's no mention of Ferrari anymore.

If you still want to show us the screenshot upload it on ImageShack or a similar site.
Eurosport broadcast for the 1990 Mexican GP prequalifying:
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
Ferrim

Post by Ferrim »

"And into the pitlane... OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUGH! My Goodness! David Coulthaaaard smashes his scarlet Ferrari into the pitlane...!"

This kind of "Naff F1 journalism" is seen every day in the Whole Spanish Press. Today, courtesy of Marca: "Massa blowns the F150's engine", the Spanish sentence implying that he is to blame for the blown-up.

And another one which is even worse. The headline reads: "Massa: "I'm sorry for the lost time". Once you read it, you find out that Massa has not uttered that sentence at any point, he says they've lost a lot of time because of the engine problem, but he doesn't say sorry (it would be stupid, and only makes sense from the "he's to blame" point of view, which is nonsensical).

This is fully on the "Alonso is the best, every other driver is bad and particularly so if they are teammates to Alonso" line of thought that they like to follow.

I actually should thank them for doing this kind of stuff. If they did proper journalism I would had never looked to non-Spanish F1-related websites, would have missed a lot of good things out there (this website and its forum are high on the list of these things) and my English would s*** a lot more than it does. :lol:
Go home, Bernie Ecclestone!

"There will be no other victory this year, I can tell you, more welcomed than this one" Bob Varsha, 1995 Canadian GP

F1 Rejects Forums – going off-topic since 2009!
Captain Hammer

Post by Captain Hammer »

Trouble Ahead for Force India

People wonder why I don't like Joe Saward, but then he puts out crap like this. He's basically suggesting that Force India is likely to collapse because they let Liuzzi go. That might be a somewhat reasonable argument under normal conditions, but Saward has been president of the Tonio Liuzzi fan club for a while now, and he often talks Liuzzi up or pushes blame for his mistakes. And reading the post, it's quite clear that he is upset Liuzzi may not be in Formula 1 anymore (though if Liuzzi gets the second Hispania seat, watch him talk them up). That, too, I can understand; we all get passionate about our favourite driver or a certain topic from time to time. However, Saward has crossed a line here, letting his personal preference for Liuzzi dictate his actions as a journalist. He's basically built and entire (flimsy) case around the idea that Liuzzi leaving the sport is a bad thing.
mario wrote:I'm wondering what the hell has been going on in this thread [...] it's turned into a bizarre detour into mythical flying horses and the sort of search engine results that CoopsII is going to have a very hard time explaining ...
thehemogoblin

Post by thehemogoblin »

Captain Hammer wrote:Trouble Ahead for Force India

People wonder why I don't like Joe Saward, but then he puts out crap like this. He's basically suggesting that Force India is likely to collapse because they let Liuzzi go. That might be a somewhat reasonable argument under normal conditions, but Saward has been president of the Tonio Liuzzi fan club for a while now, and he often talks Liuzzi up or pushes blame for his mistakes. And reading the post, it's quite clear that he is upset Liuzzi may not be in Formula 1 anymore (though if Liuzzi gets the second Hispania seat, watch him talk them up). That, too, I can understand; we all get passionate about our favourite driver or a certain topic from time to time. However, Saward has crossed a line here, letting his personal preference for Liuzzi dictate his actions as a journalist. He's basically built and entire (flimsy) case around the idea that Liuzzi leaving the sport is a bad thing.

I'm definitely in your boat on this one. I mean, holy crap. He's so far off base he could get picked off by Jamie Moyer.
Captain Hammer

Post by Captain Hammer »

Yeah, I don't know who that is. But if ever I needed a reason not to read Saward's blog ever again, this is it.
mario wrote:I'm wondering what the hell has been going on in this thread [...] it's turned into a bizarre detour into mythical flying horses and the sort of search engine results that CoopsII is going to have a very hard time explaining ...
watka
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by watka »

Captain Hammer wrote:Yeah, I don't know who that is. But if ever I needed a reason not to read Saward's blog ever again, this is it.

He's basically suggesting that Liuzzi should pull an Andy Soucek and get the cars banged up in Bahrain. Fortunately, I think Tonio is sensible enough to not think of such a thing.
Watka - you know, the swimming horses guy
Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

I think the article only says that Force India is acting very wrongly for replacing Liuzzi with di Resta, and that Liuzzi can take the judicial way to sue the team for breach of contract or something like that so they will pay him a hefty compensation. But at no point does it say that Force India will go down because of this. At any rate, if that wasn't an opinion article, calling the team stupid for their decision was horribly wrong. You can be a fan of a driver, but the evidence can be denied: no matter that he was loyal to the team or anything of that sort; if he got the drive, then his job was to perform well enough to retain his seat or score a drive with a better team. Where he was when Sutil was scoring in all races by mid-season and qualifying on the brink of or on Q3? It seems a bit like if he was blaming the team of perjudicating Liuzzi's performances.
Captain Hammer

Post by Captain Hammer »

watka wrote:He's basically suggesting that Liuzzi should pull an Andy Soucek and get the cars banged up in Bahrain. Fortunately, I think Tonio is sensible enough to not think of such a thing.

I know what he's suggesting. I just don't know who Jamie Moyer is/
Ferrim

Post by Ferrim »

That article is a true gem.

Firstly, he says about Liuzzi's season: "This is a very stupid move as it will, in effect, destroy the F1 career of Tonio Liuzzi. One can argue about Liuzzi’s ultimate talent, but there is no argument that he has done a decent job for the team."

This is what he had to say about Pedro de la Rosa: "There is little doubt that De la Rosa’s performances this year have been disappointing." http://joesaward.wordpress.com/2010/09/ ... for-pedro/

I can see how you can say that PDLR was disappointing. But how was Liuzzi's job "decent" then?

And a bit later he says: "None other than Fernando Alonso has said on the record that Liuzzi is “a major talent”". For Christ's sake. Everyone knows that Saward has, at the very least, a very strong dislike of Alonso. It makes me laugh that suddenly he becomes an authorised opinion, only because it's about Liuzzi. :mrgreen:
Go home, Bernie Ecclestone!

"There will be no other victory this year, I can tell you, more welcomed than this one" Bob Varsha, 1995 Canadian GP

F1 Rejects Forums – going off-topic since 2009!
Myrvold

Post by Myrvold »

Well, this is his personal blog. I mean, if I had written a personal blog, i guess most of you had puked about my Villeneuve-love as well. However, in discussions or "official" writing, I tend to keep fairly neutral, even regarding him.
thehemogoblin

Post by thehemogoblin »

Captain Hammer wrote:
watka wrote:He's basically suggesting that Liuzzi should pull an Andy Soucek and get the cars banged up in Bahrain. Fortunately, I think Tonio is sensible enough to not think of such a thing.

Baseball player. Notoriously slow thrower.
Captain Hammer

Post by Captain Hammer »

Ferrim wrote:"This is a very stupid move as it will, in effect, destroy the F1 career of Tonio Liuzzi. One can argue about Liuzzi’s ultimate talent, but there is no argument that he has done a decent job for the team."

What I want to know is why a "decent" job is good enough for Liuzzi when perfection is expected to everyone else.

I also like the way Saward suggests drivers will rally to Liuzzi to protect their contracts in future. They didn't do it to Jenson Button and they didn't do it to Kimi Raikkonen - both of whom were in similar situations; Button wanted to go to Williams, but BAR enforced their option on him, whilst Raikkonen was bought out by Ferrari - and yet Saward expects Liuzzi will become a rallying point for other drivers.

Myrvold wrote:Well, this is his personal blog. I mean, if I had written a personal blog, i guess most of you had puked about my Villeneuve-love as well. However, in discussions or "official" writing, I tend to keep fairly neutral, even regarding him.

I understand that, but Saward presents the article as being factual when it is completely based on his opinion. That's a big no-no for any journalist in any medium. He really ought to know better than that.

thehemogoblin wrote:Baseball player. Notoriously slow thrower.

That explains why I don't know who he is.
baddriving50

Post by baddriving50 »

thehemogoblin wrote:
Captain Hammer wrote:

And the reason why my username has the number 50 at the end of it. 8-)
DanielPT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DanielPT »

Well, it is his blog so he can do anything he wants with his posts. The thing is, from now on, I cannot read another Joe Saward article without judging if the guy is being biased or not. And I bet he doesn't care. Besides, isn't what journalists do these days? To manipulate news and events to their liking? Aside from writing crap most of the times? Also, since he has many readers, it is irrelevant for him to lose a few.

What is hilarious is that he looks like planning to bad mouth Force India in his blog every time he can just as a retaliation. Just like a little girl. I bet FI don't care either...
Colin Kolles on F111, 2011 HRT challenger: The car doesn't look too bad; it looks like a modern F1 car.
Mouthy316

Post by Mouthy316 »

Hey guys just remember,
"Joe Saward has been writing about Formula 1 races since 1988. He has not missed one since..."

That must make his word gospel, No? :lol:
fjackdaw

Post by fjackdaw »

There was an article in F1 Racing a few years back about Tora Takagi, criticising him as being the driver who kept his foot on the accelerator at Spa '98 and slammed into the back of the melee. It was actually Ricardo Rossett. Oops.
Bleu

Post by Bleu »

http://www.grandprix.com/ft/ft12590.html

Clip from that article (sorry, being straight copy/paste the name gets mentioned)

However, be assured that even the most wizened of hacks still make mistakes. The doyen of the British press corps, Alan Henry, courageously went down to Minardi to interview Zsolt Baumgartner. The driver was very helpful and very polite and it was not until the third question that he felt obliged to explain to the robust Member of Her Majesty's Press that, as an Italian, his knowledge of Hungarian politics was a little sketchy but that he, Gianmaria Bruni, would be happy to track down Zsolt so that AH would get everything he wanted.
DanielPT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DanielPT »

Bleu wrote:http://www.grandprix.com/ft/ft12590.html

Clip from that article (sorry, being straight copy/paste the name gets mentioned)

However, be assured that even the most wizened of hacks still make mistakes. The doyen of the British press corps, Alan Henry, courageously went down to Minardi to interview HWNSNBM. The driver was very helpful and very polite and it was not until the third question that he felt obliged to explain to the robust Member of Her Majesty's Press that, as an Italian, his knowledge of Hungarian politics was a little sketchy but that he, Gianmaria Bruni, would be happy to track down HWNSNBM so that AH would get everything he wanted.

Fixed.
thehemogoblin

Post by thehemogoblin »

baddriving50 wrote:
thehemogoblin wrote:
Captain Hammer wrote:I know what he's suggesting. I just don't know who Jamie Moyer is/

Dude, I didn't know you were a fan of Digger Phelps' son in law.
Captain Hammer

Post by Captain Hammer »

He's at it again. Joe Saward is now blowing the Liuzzi trumpet, hailing him as the perfect match for Renault in Kubica's absence.
DanielPT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DanielPT »

Captain Hammer wrote:He's at it again. Joe Saward is now blowing the Liuzzi trumpet, hailing him as the perfect match for Renault in Kubica's absence.

He has a point on this one. An available driver, who drove in F1 recently, that is better and more experienced than Liuzzi, at this stage, only Nick Heidfeld.
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

DanielPT wrote:
Captain Hammer wrote:He's at it again. Joe Saward is now blowing the Liuzzi trumpet, hailing him as the perfect match for Renault in Kubica's absence.

He has a point on this one. An available driver, who drove in F1 recently, that is better and more experienced than Liuzzi, at this stage, only Nick Heidfeld.

But why would anyone pick Liuzzi, who has shown some flashes of potential but underperformed 90% of the time, over the definition of consistency that is Nick Heidfeld?
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
DanielPT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DanielPT »

BlindCaveSalamander wrote:
DanielPT wrote:

But why would anyone pick Liuzzi, who has shown some flashes of potential but underperformed 90% of the time, over the definition of consistency that is Nick Heidfeld?

I think that Liuzzi could bring in some cash while Heidfeld can't. Besides, if that definition of consistency was reasonably rated in F1, Heidfeld would probably have a drive by now...
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

DanielPT wrote:
BlindCaveSalamander wrote:
DanielPT wrote:He has a point on this one. An available driver, who drove in F1 recently, that is better and more experienced than Liuzzi, at this stage, only Nick Heidfeld.

I think that Liuzzi could bring in some cash while Heidfeld can't. Besides, if that definition of consistency was reasonably rated in F1, Heidfeld would probably have a drive by now...

This has been a quiet silly season, though, most drivers that have been dumped by teams have already had a replacement lined up, such as Di Resta replacing Liuzzi, Perez replacing Heidfeld, and Maldonado replacing Hulkenberg. Plus, it doesn't matter if Liuzzi can bring any money, they already have Petrov, and what Renault needs is a solid, dependable driver to provide some good feedback. Liuzzi is anything but solid and dependable.

Not that that matters though, since the seat is clearly Ho-Pin Tung's.
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
DanielPT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DanielPT »

BlindCaveSalamander wrote:Not that that matters though, since the seat is clearly Ho-Pin Tung's.

Agreed!
Captain Hammer

Post by Captain Hammer »

DanielPT wrote:He has a point on this one. An available driver, who drove in F1 recently, that is better and more experienced than Liuzzi, at this stage, only Nick Heidfeld.

Except that Liuzzi has hardly done enough to justify an upgrade to a Renault.

Anyway, Eric Boullier has said it's a chocie between Senna, Heidfeld and Liuzzi. I hope Liuzzi doesn't get it, if only to shut Saward up.
Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

If I was Eric Bouiller, I'd go with Nick Heidfeld. He'll be very useful to help develop the car further without Kubica, and his pace is still good enough.
Cynon

Post by Cynon »

fjackdaw wrote:There was an article in F1 Racing a few years back about Tora Takagi, criticising him as being the driver who kept his foot on the accelerator at Spa '98 and slammed into the back of the melee. It was actually Ricardo Rossett. Oops.

Was that written before or after the 2001 Toronto Champ Car race??
Last edited by Cynon on 09 Feb 2011, 17:30, edited 1 time in total.
Check out the TM Master Cup Series on Youtube...
...or check out my random retro IndyCar clips.

Dr. Helmut Marko wrote: Finally we have an Australian in the team who can start a race well and challenge Vettel.
Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

Cynon wrote:
fjackdaw wrote:There was an article in F1 Racing a few years back about Tora Takagi, criticising him as being the driver who kept his foot on the accelerator at Spa '98 and slammed into the back of the melee. It was actually Ricardo Rossett. Oops.

Was that written before or after the 2001 Toronto Champ Car race.

:lol:
baddriving50

Post by baddriving50 »

thehemogoblin wrote:
baddriving50 wrote:
thehemogoblin wrote:Baseball player. Notoriously slow thrower.

Dude, I didn't know you were a fan of Digger Phelps' son in law.

How that came about is a long and unbelievably nonsensical story, but somehow I have enough pics and whatnot to back it up.
Paul Hayes

Post by Paul Hayes »

This needs preserving for posterity before someone fixes it. Who the hell let this go online?

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/89525

A decision on whether the pre-season Bahrain test goes ahead could well be made on Friday, with sources revealing to AUTOSPORT that teams are due to meet in Barcelona for a scheduled get-together of FOTA's Sporting Working Regulation Group.

AUTOSPORT understands the Bahrain test stuff will be discussed in the Friday meeting.
P_Friesacher

Post by P_Friesacher »

Jean Todt wrote:There has been some movement in Bahrain. I understand things are improving and we have to wait.
(on http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/89525)

Granted - that is a way of looking at it...
thehemogoblin

Post by thehemogoblin »

Paul Hayes wrote:This needs preserving for posterity before someone fixes it. Who the hell let this go online?

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/89525

A decision on whether the pre-season Bahrain test goes ahead could well be made on Friday, with sources revealing to AUTOSPORT that teams are due to meet in Barcelona for a scheduled get-together of FOTA's Sporting Working Regulation Group.

AUTOSPORT understands the Bahrain test stuff will be discussed in the Friday meeting.

That must have broken so quickly that no editor had time to look at it. It happens sometimes, especially when the publication at fault is trying to break major news ahead of other websites.
Captain Hammer

Post by Captain Hammer »

The entire season preview at Formula1.com is pretty poor. It appears to have been written by Joe Saward (there is no byline), because it seriously plays up the chances of Tonio Liuzzi. It contains the following gems:

On Renault replacing Kubica with Heidfeld:
That said, the German is a safe pair of hands, but one can’t help wonder whether the team would have been better off with Vitantonio Liuzzi, whom Kubica recommended.

Heidfeld has the credentials to develop a car. Liuzzi doesn't. A lot of Renault's winter progress will be down to Heidfeld's input, which Liuzzi would not have been able to offer, and thus the car would likely lack the speed it has now.

On Force India's 2011 driver roster:
Adrian Sutil stays for another year, after plans to have him replace Felipe Massa at Ferrari fell apart in the aftermath of last year’s team orders argument.

I've searched the entire internet (yes, I can do that), and the only mention of a Sutil-Ferrari deal is a Twitter update from Jonathan Legard that is overtly sceptical of it. But if Massa had replaced de la Rosa at Sauber to make way for Sutil going to Ferrari ... you guessed it, Liuzzi's seat at Force India would have been safe!

On Toro Rosso's chances this year:
Meanwhile, Buemi and Alguersuari will be looking over their shoulders in the first half of the season as World Series by Renault racer Daniel Ricciardo is waiting for the chance to step into one of their seats at the midpoint.

Toro Rosso have repeatedly denied that Ricciardo has been guaranteed a race seat at some point in 2011. But the important thing to note here is that the direct implication of this sentence is that Alguersuari and Buemi will be too concerned about Ricciardo's presence to be able to produce consistent results, thus keeping them at the tail of the grid.

On Fernandes-Lotus' 2011 campaign:
Reliability issues in testing, however, will be an early concern.

This is about the only thing the author has written that is actually relevant to their chances. Most of the stuff is about the court case against Group Lotus and the Renault engine deal. Otherwise, he goes out of his way to mention reliability issues.

On the subject of Virgin:
the early signs are that the latest car from Nick Wirth is some way off the pace. Glock, the tough German racer who is recovering from a recent appendectomy, admits that they are some way off realising their early season targets.

In just about everything they have said this year, Virgin have highlighted their focus on reliability. It doesn't get mentioned once here; instead, the author downplays their position. Secondly, he also implies that Glock will not be 100% because of his surgery, but he is expected to be fully recovered in time for Melbourne.

And here's the kicker - the detail about Hispania:
However, the new car comes from respected F1 designer Geoff Willis of BAR and Red Bull fame

Except that the F111 is clearly based on the F110. The author makes a big deal about Willis' presence in the team espite the fact that not much has changed. In fact, the insinuation of this statement is that Hispania's failure to test and their speed defecit will be completely negated by Willis.

opting for Force India refugee Tonio Liuzzi is clear indication that Kolles values speed, experience and technical ability over other ‘renta-drivers’ potential budgets.

The most overtly pro-Liuzzi statement in the whole thing. Liuzzi was consistently beaten by Sutil, has less than 18 months' recent experience behind the wheel and has not shown any outstanding technical proficiency like, say, Rubens Barrichello or Michael Schumacher.

Jesus, Joe. Maybe you should have shut your blog down when you had the chance.
Shadaza

Post by Shadaza »

Captain Hammer wrote:The entire season preview at Formula1.com is pretty poor. It appears to have been written by Joe Saward (there is no byline), because it seriously plays up the chances of Tonio Liuzzi. It contains the following gems:

That said, the German is a safe pair of hands, but one can’t help wonder whether the team would have been better off with Vitantonio Liuzzi, whom Kubica recommended.

WTF, The same Heidfeld who beat Kubica in 2009 worse then a Liuzzi who was curb stomped by Sutil? what are they on?!?!

You would of thought the official website would be neutral and free of bias, standards there are really going down hill. (even if I think the problems you raised about Toro Rosso, Fondmetal Team Malaysia and Virgin were nitpicking!)
Message me on Discord.
DanielPT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DanielPT »

Captain Hammer wrote:The entire season preview at Formula1.com is pretty poor. It appears to have been written by Joe Saward (there is no byline), because it seriously plays up the chances of Tonio Liuzzi. It contains the following gems:

Heidfeld has the credentials to develop a car. Liuzzi doesn't. A lot of Renault's winter progress will be down to Heidfeld's input, which Liuzzi would not have been able to offer, and thus the car would likely lack the speed it has now.

On Force India's 2011 driver roster:
Adrian Sutil stays for another year, after plans to have him replace Felipe Massa at Ferrari fell apart in the aftermath of last year’s team orders argument.

I've searched the entire internet (yes, I can do that), and the only mention of a Sutil-Ferrari deal is a Twitter update from Jonathan Legard that is overtly sceptical of it. But if Massa had replaced de la Rosa at Sauber to make way for Sutil going to Ferrari ... you guessed it, Liuzzi's seat at Force India would have been safe!

On Toro Rosso's chances this year:
Meanwhile, Buemi and Alguersuari will be looking over their shoulders in the first half of the season as World Series by Renault racer Daniel Ricciardo is waiting for the chance to step into one of their seats at the midpoint.

Toro Rosso have repeatedly denied that Ricciardo has been guaranteed a race seat at some point in 2011. But the important thing to note here is that the direct implication of this sentence is that Alguersuari and Buemi will be too concerned about Ricciardo's presence to be able to produce consistent results, thus keeping them at the tail of the grid.

On Fernandes-Lotus' 2011 campaign:
Reliability issues in testing, however, will be an early concern.

This is about the only thing the author has written that is actually relevant to their chances. Most of the stuff is about the court case against Group Lotus and the Renault engine deal. Otherwise, he goes out of his way to mention reliability issues.

On the subject of Virgin:
the early signs are that the latest car from Nick Wirth is some way off the pace. Glock, the tough German racer who is recovering from a recent appendectomy, admits that they are some way off realising their early season targets.

In just about everything they have said this year, Virgin have highlighted their focus on reliability. It doesn't get mentioned once here; instead, the author downplays their position. Secondly, he also implies that Glock will not be 100% because of his surgery, but he is expected to be fully recovered in time for Melbourne.

And here's the kicker - the detail about Hispania:
However, the new car comes from respected F1 designer Geoff Willis of BAR and Red Bull fame

Except that the F111 is clearly based on the F110. The author makes a big deal about Willis' presence in the team espite the fact that not much has changed. In fact, the insinuation of this statement is that Hispania's failure to test and their speed defecit will be completely negated by Willis.

opting for Force India refugee Tonio Liuzzi is clear indication that Kolles values speed, experience and technical ability over other ‘renta-drivers’ potential budgets.

The most overtly pro-Liuzzi statement in the whole thing. Liuzzi was consistently beaten by Sutil, has less than 18 months' recent experience behind the wheel and has not shown any outstanding technical proficiency like, say, Rubens Barrichello or Michael Schumacher.

Jesus, Joe. Maybe you should have shut your blog down when you had the chance.

It is a bit of a theory saying Saward wrote the preview. It just shows that Liuzzi is kind of loved in the world of Formula 1. About the preview, and the whole site, for a long time they've been poor with heavily biased news and lack of content. Only the ticket sale part is useful. Internet and Formula 1 is a cold relationship, at best.
shinji
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by shinji »

Getting a bit paranoid there Cap'n, methinks.
Better than 'Tour in a suit case' Takagi.