Future Scoring System

The place for speaking your mind on current goings-on in F1
Ross Prawn

Future Scoring System

Post by Ross Prawn »

Given that FOTA and the FIA can't agree on the future system for scoring points and deciding the championship, perhaps we ought to make some suggestions.

For instance why not put star shaped markers out on the track and award the drivers extra points for running them over? And maybe there could be some special marker that they could run over in order to activate the KERS system?

Why not let the teams score points for best legal submission at an FIA hearing?

Any more ideas?
"Other than the car behind and the driver who might get a bit startled with the sudden explosion in front, it really isn't a major safety issue from that point of view,"
Salamander

Re: Future Scoring System

Post by Salamander »

How about points awarded based on how colourful and creative the livery designs are?
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

Points for the biggest crash in each session :lol:
It'll give something Piquet to aim at
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
Lainey

Post by Lainey »

Maybe everybody could get the same points, like how in little league baseball everybody gets a trophy.
RejectSteve

Post by RejectSteve »

10 points for a win, 6 for second, 4 for third and so on down to 6th. 15 points for crashes bringing out a safety car, 100 for not qualifying, and automatic championship for any driver getting their superlicense revoked and teams getting expelled from the championship.
Nissanymania! Friday has never been the same since.

The car in front is a Stefan.
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

RejectSteve wrote:10 points for a win, 6 for second, 4 for third and so on down to 6th. 15 points for crashes bringing out a safety car, 100 for not qualifying, and automatic championship for any driver getting their superlicense revoked and teams getting expelled from the championship.

Don't forget -100 points for DSQs, 30 points for bringing out the red flag and -1 point for every spot you drop down the grid because of a penalty (eg Engine change penalty = 10 places = -10 points)
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
Ross Prawn

Post by Ross Prawn »

Apparently Max is thinking of dispensing with the race entirely as a cost cutting measure. Instead the lawyers of the top five guys on the grid will meet in Paris and argue about who would have won.
"Other than the car behind and the driver who might get a bit startled with the sudden explosion in front, it really isn't a major safety issue from that point of view,"
CarlosFerreira

Post by CarlosFerreira »

Connect 4: get the same result 4 races in a row, and you get 5 extra points! :P

Seriously, though, I still believe pole sitter should get 1 or 2 extra points. Maybe if the IRL/IndyCar stops doing it they can implement it in F1 without looking like it's a ripoff?
Stay home, Colin Kolles!
Ross Prawn

Post by Ross Prawn »

CarlosFerreira wrote:
Seriously, though, I still believe pole sitter should get 1 or 2 extra points.

Serious ideas should be submitted direct to the FIA, so that they can reject them. ;)

Anyway, giving points to the pole sitter won't work in these days of variable fuel loads in Q3.
CarlosFerreira

Post by CarlosFerreira »

Ross Prawn wrote:
CarlosFerreira wrote:
Seriously, though, I still believe pole sitter should get 1 or 2 extra points.

Serious ideas should be submitted direct to the FIA, so that they can reject them. ;)

Anyway, giving points to the pole sitter won't work in these days of variable fuel loads in Q3.

You've probably got a point there - on both accounts. 8-)
Stay home, Colin Kolles!
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klon »

Off course, this goes without saying that the "Reject Of The Race" should get points as well. So I'd say let's keep the point system itself and give two additional ways of scoring:

1. - Reject Of The Race worth 2 pts/race
2. - The Reject Of The Year gets additionally 35 points at the beginning of the season.

I think it's fair enough this way...
Ross Prawn

Post by Ross Prawn »

Klon wrote:
2. - The Reject Of The Year gets additionally 35 points at the beginning of the season.

Hmmm. Good idea. On this basis Honda would be leading the manufacturers championship in 2009 with 37 points. :shock:
RejectSteve

Post by RejectSteve »

Ross Prawn wrote:
Klon wrote:

Hmmm. Good idea. On this basis Honda would be leading the manufacturers championship in 2009 with 37 points. :shock:

With all the yen they wasted, it is about time Honda lead something.
Nissanymania! Friday has never been the same since.

The car in front is a Stefan.