17 years on, it starts up again...

The place for speaking your mind on current goings-on in F1
ibsey

Re: 17 years on, it starts up again...

Post by ibsey »

WeirdKerr wrote:
TomPryce wrote:I read the autobiography just this week.

All was mentioned was the "startling discrepancy" between Verstappen and Schumacher, especially in comparison to Schumacher and Lehto previously.

So... meh.

IMHO the true pace of the car without TC was revealed during the 2 races that Schumacher was banned for....

<Shameless Self Promotion Warning>

Just to let you guys know, I am writing a book on this subject having research everything surrounding it including all the period magazines like Autosport, F1 News etc (as dr baker can testify), various internet sources, FIA reports, books, and so much more. For the first time all the arguments about 1994 are painstakingly examined in the book. Fresh insights, exclusive interviews (from Frank Dernie, Williem Toet and others), and a plethora of existing evidence are brought together thus giving the clearest insight yet into the 1994 events.

I'll post here, when I know the book's release date (hopefully by 2019). What is uncovered in the book might just blow your mind. ;)

In the meantime have you seen this; https://www.motorsportmagazine.com/opin ... suspicions It was actually me who asked the question regarding the sound recording on the B194... and I know what happen to them afterwards, which will be covered in the book.
Coming January 2019 a new F1 book revisiting 1994.

Pre order it here; www.performancepublishing.co.uk/1994-th ... eason.html

The book's website; www.1994f1.com/
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

ibsey wrote:
Just to let you guys know, I am writing a book on this subject having research everything surrounding it including all the period magazines like Autosport, F1 News etc (as dr baker can testify),...

I can indeed. And the drafts of the book I have read so far (not the whole thing, nor final drafts) are looking good and interesting so far. And so far, nothing that I can disagree with (I want to believe there's no smoke without fire...)
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
ibsey

Post by ibsey »

dr-baker wrote:
ibsey wrote:
Just to let you guys know, I am writing a book on this subject having research everything surrounding it including all the period magazines like Autosport, F1 News etc (as dr baker can testify),...

I can indeed. And the drafts of the book I have read so far (not the whole thing, nor final drafts) are looking good and interesting so far. And so far, nothing that I can disagree with (I want to believe there's no smoke without fire...)

Thanks for the endorsement mate, I appreciate it. :)

Regarding the bold bit, and to give you some hope. I've been investigating the likes of Tad Czapski in my final chapter and I'll just say 1994 wasn't the only time his electronics were suspected to be illegal... ;)

Enforcer
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Enforcer »

For all the accusations, it still makes no logical sense to me that if the B194 used Traction Control:

a) No one seems to have come forward with anything other than third party allegations or crying because Schumacher was better at F1 than them (Jos, I'm looking at you). You'd think 24 years on, a Bennetton mechanic or something would have come out of the woodwork and said in as many words "yeah, we had TC". They can't all be still working in motorsport and wanting to be sure of future employment by keeping their mouths shut.

b) They only put the TC on Schumacher's car. Why? Surely it would've looked less suspicious for both cars to be quick rather than one to basically completely destroy the other? Unless it was some sort of cartoonish double-bluff whereby they said "Ho ho, if we only give it to Schumacher, and not to JJ & Jos, no one will ever believe we did it cos it would look so dodgy!"

Occam's Razor: Simplest explanation was they didn't use TC and after Senna died, Schumacher was just far above any other driver on the grid (possibly bar Hakkinen in a slow & combustible McLaren), as his subsequent record would suggest.
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Enforcer wrote:For all the accusations, it still makes no logical sense to me that if the B194 used Traction Control:

a) No one seems to have come forward with anything other than third party allegations or crying because Schumacher was better at F1 than them (Jos, I'm looking at you). You'd think 24 years on, a Bennetton mechanic or something would have come out of the woodwork and said in as many words "yeah, we had TC". They can't all be still working in motorsport and wanting to be sure of future employment by keeping their mouths shut.

b) They only put the TC on Schumacher's car. Why? Surely it would've looked less suspicious for both cars to be quick rather than one to basically completely destroy the other? Unless it was some sort of cartoonish double-bluff whereby they said "Ho ho, if we only give it to Schumacher, and not to JJ & Jos, no one will ever believe we did it cos it would look so dodgy!"

Occam's Razor: Simplest explanation was they didn't use TC and after Senna died, Schumacher was just far above any other driver on the grid (possibly bar Hakkinen in a slow & combustible McLaren), as his subsequent record would suggest.

That seems reasonable. Counterargument by a guy using a tablet on the internet: there was traction control on both cars, but the one on the car that wasn't Schumacher's controlled the traction so much that it meant there was a clear number 1/number 2 driver in the team. No evidence clearly, just pure idle speculation.
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
ibsey

Post by ibsey »

Hi All, partly inspired by this thread I've decided to write a book on the 1994 Benetton / Schumacher cheating allegations & politics. The book's website is now live and the address is; www.1994f1.com please share this. :)

There will be blogs (on 1994...I might even do one on the reject teams which I'll let you lot know about), photos and book updates so please keep checking the website. Also the book teaser video has been updated with the website address; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CwqcL2LTV2U

Cheers

Ibs

dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

ibsey wrote:Hi All, partly inspired by this thread I've decided to write a book on the 1994 Benetton / Schumacher cheating allegations & politics. The book's website is now live and the address is; http://www.1994f1.com please share this. :)

There will be blogs (on 1994...I might even do one on the reject teams which I'll let you lot know about), photos and book updates so please keep checking the website. Also the book teaser video has been updated with the website address; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CwqcL2LTV2U

Cheers

Ibs

Hurrah! Will look through it all over my Easter break.
MCard LOLA
ibsey

Post by ibsey »

Hi All, just wanted you lot to be the first to know that my upcoming book on the 1994 F1 season can be pre-ordered here; https://www.performancepublishing.co.uk ... eason.html

You'll see the book has had some very positive feedback from those F1 contributors who have read the current draft like Frank Dernie, Willem Toet, and Simon Morley who was the "Junior Mechanic" blamed for the 1994 Hockenhiem fire. For the first time since 1994 Morley explains in detail what really happened & has contributed some exclusive photos of the fire aftermath. Hope you enjoy :)

Butterfox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Butterfox »

Ordered one. I seldomly buy books so that does mean something.
I don't know what i want and i want it now!
ibsey

Post by ibsey »

This wrote:Ordered one. I seldomly buy books so that does mean something.

Thanks mate, really put my heart & soul into this book (even quitting my full-time job, purely to work on it) so I'm sure you and other readers will be pleasantly surprised with it.

I've even insisted that the publishers make a free sample available (which they didn't do on their last book about Stephen South) because I'm that proud of it. The free sample should be available here; http://www.1994f1.com/ upon the book's release in Jan 2019. I'm also working on getting the book reviewed by several reputable websites / magazines. So potential readers can be assured of it's quality, before parting with their hard earnt cash.

Forum members Dr-baker & Mario have also helped out with this book, so they both deserve massive credit for that too.

dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

ibsey wrote:

Thanks mate, really put my heart & soul into this book (even quitting my full-time job, purely to work on it) so I'm sure you and other readers will be pleasantly surprised with it.

I've even insisted that the publishers make a free sample available (which they didn't do on their last book about Stephen South) because I'm that proud of it. The free sample should be available here; http://www.1994f1.com/ upon the book's release in Jan 2019. I'm also working on getting the book reviewed by several reputable websites / magazines. So potential readers can be assured of it's quality, before parting with their hard earnt cash.

Forum members Dr-baker & Mario have also helped out with this book, so they both deserve massive credit for that too.

I lent him some Autosport and F1 News magazines that I had lying around. The same ones that I originally used for this thread: https://www.gprejects.com/forum/viewtop ... f=9&t=6849 . So merely recycling and getting extra value. That's all.
MCard LOLA
ibsey

Post by ibsey »

dr-baker wrote:
ibsey wrote:

I lent him some Autosport and F1 News magazines that I had lying around. The same ones that I originally used for this thread: https://www.gprejects.com/forum/viewtop ... f=9&t=6849 . So merely recycling and getting extra value. That's all.

Your too modest :)

You insisted I borrowed the F1 News mags, which proved invaluable in giving the book a little bit of GP rejects style humor. You also didn't give me a timelimit to give those magazines back (which I hope to do in Dec when hopefully all the books are being printed). Had you imposed a time limit, I think the book would have been rushed and worse off as a result. Indeed the book is missing out on the xmas market because it's quality comes first, NOT easy Xmas sales. You've also given great feedback on the drafts.

So dr-baker I will always be indebted to the ridiculous generosity that you've shown me. Your kindness is truly touching. :)

mario

Post by mario »

ibsey wrote:

Like dr-baker, I must say that, whilst I did indeed offer help with editing some of the chapters, the book stands as a testament to your enthusiasm and interest in wanting to offer a new perspective on the events of that year - especially with your efforts to interview and correspond with many of those who were involved in the sport at the time to seek out new information.

I am glad that you have prioritised the quality of the work, and indeed have noticed that, as time went on, you have definitely become more confident with your particular writing style - it was a situation where I was happy that, over time, I felt that my role was less necessary because you had "found your voice", as it were, and had developed considerably as an author. Your interest and enthusiasm in the sport and in trying to get a better picture of what went on that season certainly came across, and I do hope that your book is well received when it finally hits the shelves - it deserves to be.
Martin Brundle, on watching a replay of Grosjean spinning:
"The problem with Grosjean is that he want to take a look back at the corner he's just exited"
ibsey

Post by ibsey »

Thanks Mario, and I only "found my voice" thanks to you. :)

I distinctly remember reading over your edits in chapter 3 & the book's theory on what Senna heard at Aida 1994 and realising I needed to explain things more clearly to the reader. But at the same time, avoid throwing too much information at them in one go to keep readers engaged & entertained. That did mean the word count shot up, which was another challenge bringing it back down to the required level. But certainly the book flows much better as a result. That is something I would never have achieved without your help.

On a separate note, Karun Chandhok was asking about the book on twitter today; https://twitter.com/karunchandhok/statu ... 4892788736

So better work on it that little bit harder given he's going to read it.

Butterfox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Butterfox »

Don't worry about it too much, you've got all reasons to be proud about this book :)
And don't worry about selling copies either, be assured this will be used as a reference piece by important people :) writing a book that matters is a true achievement.
I don't know what i want and i want it now!
ibsey

Post by ibsey »

An Xmas present to everyone, a free sample of the upcoming book; https://www.performancepublishing.co.uk ... 7dLpL2DzYI

In case your not aware, the book will be launched on the 12/1/2019 at the Autosport show (Performance Publishing's stand). I will be present on both the Saturday and Sunday to chat about the book, and generally show it off. Also pleased to confirm one of the book's key contributors, Antony John Dennis, who worked a company contracted to Ford Electronics and Benetton in 1994 will also be present on Sunday 13th Jan (from 11am - 6pm).

dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Big news ibsey! Damon Hill to drive one of Schumacher's cars! Hope it'll be the B194...

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/14235 ... t-goodwood
MCard LOLA
ibsey

Post by ibsey »

Its the B195...

https://formulaspy.com/formula-1/goodwo ... i5DHSysfp0

Long-time former rival, and the man who Michael beat to that 1994 title, Damon Hill will drive the Benetton B195 up the hillclimb course."

Still will be interesting to see how Hill finds the car & whether he makes simliar comments as to its "neverousness" as Herbert / Berger/ Alesi all did back in the day.

dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

An interesting video on the German race of the 1994 season: https://youtu.be/Lj9AmkezHxA?si=t0Yus9em6S2ffIYl
MCard LOLA