Jos Verstappen arrested

The place for speaking your mind on current goings-on in F1
fjackdaw

Re: Jos Verstappen arrested

Post by fjackdaw »

Generally, though domestic violence is less fun. I could do without anyone being deliberately run over.
FullMetalJack
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by FullMetalJack »

fjackdaw wrote:Generally, though domestic violence is less fun.

I beg to differ.
I like the way Snrub thinks!
CoopsII

Post by CoopsII »

fjackdaw wrote:Generally, though domestic violence is less fun. I could do without anyone being deliberately run over.

:roll: Well, yeah, I reckon everyone on here would share that sentiment.

However, as the thread subject had deviated from JS and onto other things I was simply commenting on that.
Just For One Day...
Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

After reading those posts commenting on the fate of Benneton's main men in 1994, I thought about Renault's main men in 2009. So far only Fernando Alonso hasn't fallen on disgrace...
RonDenisDeletraz

Post by RonDenisDeletraz »

CoopsII wrote:On the subject of Wrong-Doings does anybody else think they're great when they happen? I loved Piquet-Gate, it was drama of the highest order. Equally I enjoyed boo-hissing at Benetton during '94, ostensibly because I was rooting from Hill but also because they made such a great job as portraying themselves as the bad guys. It wasnt Schumacher-bashing either, the knobheads who cheered when MSC was injured at Silverstone '99 should have received bans for life, in my opinion.

coughDonTirricough
aerond wrote:Yes RDD, but we always knew you never had any sort of taste either :P

tommykl wrote:I have a shite car and meme sponsors, but Corrado Fabi will carry me to the promised land with the power of Lionel Richie.
tc3j3r

Post by tc3j3r »

James1978 wrote:Trying to think of other "Briatore number 2s" - think Wurz escapes as David Richards was in charge of Benetton at the time?

No, Wurz drove under Briatore in 1997 and 2000. It's complicated, because Benetton went through three changes of principal in Wurz's four years there. Briatore in 1997, David Richards in 1998, Rocco Benetton in 1999 then Briatore again in 2000.
RonDenisDeletraz

Who was number two in 2001
aerond wrote:Yes RDD, but we always knew you never had any sort of taste either :P

tommykl wrote:I have a shite car and meme sponsors, but Corrado Fabi will carry me to the promised land with the power of Lionel Richie.
Butterfox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Butterfox »

eurobrun wrote:Who was number two in 2001

button :D
I don't know what i want and i want it now!
FMecha

Post by FMecha »

eurobrun wrote:
CoopsII wrote:On the subject of Wrong-Doings does anybody else think they're great when they happen? I loved Piquet-Gate, it was drama of the highest order. Equally I enjoyed boo-hissing at Benetton during '94, ostensibly because I was rooting from Hill but also because they made such a great job as portraying themselves as the bad guys. It wasnt Schumacher-bashing either, the knobheads who cheered when MSC was injured at Silverstone '99 should have received bans for life, in my opinion.

coughDonTirricough

Was it the remarks after the 2011 Singaporean GP? :?
PSN ID: FMecha_EXE | FMecha on GT Sport
ibsey

Post by ibsey »

tristan1117 wrote::shock:

Well, that's a shocker.

Having read Steve Matchett's excellent book A Mechanic's Tale, he didn't talk very much on the legality of the Benetton but defended them whenever questions came up. (He also wrote another book on the 1994 season called Life in the Fast Lane but I haven't read that) I'm pretty sure he and everyone else at Benetton have been sworn to secrecy in some sort of Mason-esque order. It should also be noted that Ross Brawn needs only one more speeding ticket to have his drivers' license suspended (according to Wikipedia).

To answer your question about whether Steve Matchett can shed anymore light on the legality of Benetton (& that of Dr Baker's which i'm unable to quote as well) you might be interested in a post I've just made in the '17 years on & it starts up again' thread, which I won't repeat here, since it is fairly length. Basically as far as I'm aware Steve insists that Benetton did not cheat & states that there were actually quite a bit of politics behind some of Benetton's disqualifications (i.e. the fuel rig one & the Sliverstone & Spa penalties).
Coming January 2019 a new F1 book revisiting 1994.

Pre order it here; www.performancepublishing.co.uk/1994-th ... eason.html

The book's website; www.1994f1.com/
Henrique

Post by Henrique »

fjackdaw

Post by fjackdaw »

It says something positive about Formula 1 that this is unusual or newsworthy. If this was a footballer, people would be saying, "And?"
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

fjackdaw wrote:It says something positive about Formula 1 that this is unusual or newsworthy. If this was a footballer, people would be saying, "And?"

And that is one of many reasons why I've stopped following football in the last few years.
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
DanielPT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DanielPT »

East Londoner wrote:
fjackdaw wrote:It says something positive about Formula 1 that this is unusual or newsworthy. If this was a footballer, people would be saying, "And?"

And that is one of many reasons why I've stopped following football in the last few years.

Today, the Football game in itself is just the advertisement between the many soap operas that evolve around it. Much like F1 races, in the last Mosley years, were only the breaks between the political shenanigans and cases which flourished in the F1 brand.
Colin Kolles on F111, 2011 HRT challenger: The car doesn't look too bad; it looks like a modern F1 car.
RonDenisDeletraz

In Australia it is 10 times worse

Jocke1

Post by Jocke1 »

I like it that none of these news reports from various websites have a fresh photo of him, a-la Nick Nolte or such.
They all show us some random ten-year-old picture from an F1 pit somewhere.
How about actually getting your reporters off their asses and 'shoot' him as he looks now. Get with the program.
-*:-
Myrvold

Post by Myrvold »

The pic is from 08 :)
Jocke1

Post by Jocke1 »

Myrvold wrote:The pic is from 08 :)

Well, then the program needing getting, is mine.
-*:-
golic_2004

Post by golic_2004 »

Could be worse. The pic could be in 1994.
The future McLaren http://imgur.com/sNFFMYF
Sunshine_Baby_[IT]

Post by Sunshine_Baby_[IT] »

It seem that Jos will appear to court again, this time for a charge of vandalism:
http://totalf1.com/details/view/425395/ ... in_August/
I'm Perry McCarthy and Taki Inoue's fan number 1 and I always will be.

My twitter: @Miluuu_Sunshine
Alianora La Canta

Post by Alianora La Canta »

What is it with Jos and the law?!?
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Alianora La Canta wrote:What is it with Jos and the law?!?

He's a fan of The Clash?
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
Yannick

Post by Yannick »

Reporters surely don't mean assault and vandalism when they talk about drivers being aggressive. Here's hoping Jos calms down his temper considerably.
"I don't think we should be used to finance (the manufacturers') R&D because they will produce that engine anyway" said Monisha Kaltenborn.
"You will never see a Mercedes using a Ferrari engine or the other way round."
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by pasta_maldonado »

Looks like Jos likes to think he's the boss around the home, too.
Klon wrote:more liek Nick Ass-idy amirite?
tzerof1

Post by tzerof1 »

Is Jos the Boss having some sort of midlife crisis that's rather destructive?
"If you don't like it, overtake or f**k off!"- Niki Lauda responding to complaints of his Brabham BT46 'fan car" throwing debris in drivers' faces.
WeirdKerr
Location: on the edge of nowhere with a ludicrous grid penalty.....

Post by WeirdKerr »

Odd how 2 out of 3 of Schumacher's '94 team mates have been arrested/charged with crimes, even more so when you consider how Schumacher ended up in F1 anyway..... Johnny Herbert must be a bit worried lol
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

WeirdKerr wrote:Odd how 2 out of 3 of Schumacher's '94 team mates have been arrested/charged with crimes, even more so when you consider how Schumacher ended up in F1 anyway..... Johnny Herbert must be a bit worried lol

Assault for Jos then Negligent Homicide for JJ. Does this mean Johnny Herbert is going to go and murder someone?! :shock: :?
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
razta

Post by razta »

WeirdKerr wrote:Odd how 2 out of 3 of Schumacher's '94 team mates have been arrested/charged with crimes, even more so when you consider how Schumacher ended up in F1 anyway..... Johnny Herbert must be a bit worried lol

:lol: :lol:
Barbazza

Post by Barbazza »

kostas22 wrote:Assault for Jos then Negligent Homicide for JJ. Does this mean Johnny Herbert is going to go and murder someone?! :shock: :?

Well, he does stand next to Damon Hill for long periods of time. I know I'd have to exercise considerable restraint not to at least slap him one.
CoopsII

Post by CoopsII »

dinizintheoven wrote:
Ferrim wrote:Johnny Herbert has good reasons to be worried, then.

Just wait until his antics on The F1 Slate hit the newspapers...

Heeeeeeeerrrrrrre's Johnny!

After using the 'Search' box it appears you were the first member to introduce the forum to the F1 Slate Mr Dinizintheoven...

And you mentioned in the Raikkonen thread you believed it was started by a member of the forum...

J'accuse!!!
Just For One Day...
dinizintheoven

Post by dinizintheoven »

That probably means I was the first to mention it by name. I found out about it when it was mentioned here - probably involving a link which contains "f1slate.com" rather than "The F1 Slate".

I dindu nuffin, at least not where that site is concerned.

ALSO: there we all were thinking Jos was in trouble again. Is there anyone who wasn't?
James Allen, on his favourite F1 engine of all time:
"...the Life W12, I can't describe the noise to you, but imagine filling your dustbin with nuts and bolts, and then throwing it down the stairs, it was something akin to that!"
Rob Dylan

Post by Rob Dylan »

dinizintheoven wrote:That probably means I was the first to mention it by name. I found out about it when it was mentioned here - probably involving a link which contains "f1slate.com" rather than "The F1 Slate".

I dindu nuffin, at least not where that site is concerned.

ALSO: there we all were thinking Jos was in trouble again. Is there anyone who wasn't?
I came here for the juicy gossip but was tricked!
Murray Walker at the 1997 Austrian Grand Prix wrote:The other [Stewart] driver, who nobody's been paying attention to, because he's disappointing, is Jan Magnussen.
Felipe Nasr - the least forgettable F1 driver!
Butterfox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Butterfox »

Yeah maybe this isn't the most comfortable thread to bump...
dinizintheoven

Post by dinizintheoven »

Rob Dylan wrote:I came here for the juicy gossip but was tricked!

CoopskiDva wrote:XAXAXAXA I TRICK YUO

Polandball Reddit Moderators wrote:DEPORTED TO SIBERIA!
James Allen, on his favourite F1 engine of all time:
"...the Life W12, I can't describe the noise to you, but imagine filling your dustbin with nuts and bolts, and then throwing it down the stairs, it was something akin to that!"
UncreativeUsername37

Post by UncreativeUsername37 »

dinizintheoven wrote:ALSO: there we all were thinking Jos was in trouble again. Is there anyone who wasn't?

We need a poll.
Rob Dylan wrote:Mercedes paying homage to the other W12 chassis by breaking down 30 minutes in
CoopsII

Post by CoopsII »

Butterfox wrote:Yeah maybe this isn't the most comfortable thread to bump...

I mean, it's a lighthearted nod to something dinzintheoven and I were talking about in the Raikkonen thread but I'm interested in your use of the word 'comfortable'? Jos Verstappen has a recorded history of violence, often towards women, he's scum plain and simple. As pleased as I am for Max and as unrelated as it is to his life I don't think we should gloss over what a nasty piece of work his old man is.
Just For One Day...
Butterfox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Butterfox »

CoopsII wrote:
Butterfox wrote:Yeah maybe this isn't the most comfortable thread to bump...

I mean, it's a lighthearted nod to something dinzintheoven and I were talking about in the Raikkonen thread but I'm interested in your use of the word 'comfortable'? Jos Verstappen has a recorded history of violence, often towards women, he's scum plain and simple. As pleased as I am for Max and as unrelated as it is to his life I don't think we should gloss over what a nasty piece of work his old man is.

I mean it in a sense that being reminded of Jos terrible behaviour can be quite triggering to some who might have to deal with similar people in their private life.