Jos Verstappen arrested

The place for speaking your mind on current goings-on in F1
Ferrim

Re: Jos Verstappen arrested

Post by Ferrim »

Johnny Herbert has good reasons to be worried, then.
Go home, Bernie Ecclestone!

"There will be no other victory this year, I can tell you, more welcomed than this one" Bob Varsha, 1995 Canadian GP

F1 Rejects Forums – going off-topic since 2009!
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

You're right Ferrim. Schumacher was DSQed from the 1997 championship for the Jerez incident, Briatore and Symonds were involved in crashgate, Walkinshaw was in charge of Arrows when they went bust, now Lehto and Verstappen have been arrested... :? :shock:
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
DanielPT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DanielPT »

dr-baker wrote:You're right Ferrim. Schumacher was DSQed from the 1997 championship for the Jerez incident, Briatore and Symonds were involved in crashgate, Walkinshaw was in charge of Arrows when they went bust, now Lehto and Verstappen have been arrested... :? :shock:

And there is still people who says F1 is only cars going around in circles and that it is boring... Go figure!
Colin Kolles on F111, 2011 HRT challenger: The car doesn't look too bad; it looks like a modern F1 car.
stupot94

Post by stupot94 »

Verstappen is a very silly man. He has been arrested so many times before for grievous bodily harm.
Say your prayers, here comes the Pastor
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

DanielPT wrote:
dr-baker wrote:You're right Ferrim. Schumacher was DSQed from the 1997 championship for the Jerez incident, Briatore and Symonds were involved in crashgate, Walkinshaw was in charge of Arrows when they went bust, now Lehto and Verstappen have been arrested... :? :shock:

And there is still people who says F1 is only cars going around in circles and that it is boring... Go figure!

Actually, Steve Machett of Speed TV fame (no, I'm not American, but I watch their podcasts), he was involved with the team that year, wasn't he?

Wonder what he knows about the illegality or otherwise of the Benetton B194?
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
RonDenisDeletraz

Post by RonDenisDeletraz »

Wow
aerond wrote:Yes RDD, but we always knew you never had any sort of taste either :P

tommykl wrote:I have a shite car and meme sponsors, but Corrado Fabi will carry me to the promised land with the power of Lionel Richie.
dinizintheoven

Post by dinizintheoven »

Ferrim wrote:Johnny Herbert has good reasons to be worried, then.

Just wait until his antics on The F1 Slate hit the newspapers...

Heeeeeeeerrrrrrre's Johnny!
James Allen, on his favourite F1 engine of all time:
"...the Life W12, I can't describe the noise to you, but imagine filling your dustbin with nuts and bolts, and then throwing it down the stairs, it was something akin to that!"
Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

If he manages his personal life just like he did with F1 cars, I'm surprised he hadn't been arrested earlier.
Butterfox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Butterfox »

and to imagine this guy actually lived in my city for a while, dangerous place to grow up :P
I don't know what i want and i want it now!
fjackdaw

Post by fjackdaw »

Wow, Jos sounds like a nasty piece of work. I'm glad I was never a fan.
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

Wouldn't you be pissed with life if you'd had to work with Schumacher and Briatore in '94? :lol:
I want my MTV...Simtek Ford

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
RonDenisDeletraz

Post by RonDenisDeletraz »

AndreaModa wrote:Wouldn't you be pissed with life if you'd had to work with Schumacher and Briatore in '94? :lol:

this
aerond wrote:Yes RDD, but we always knew you never had any sort of taste either :P

tommykl wrote:I have a shite car and meme sponsors, but Corrado Fabi will carry me to the promised land with the power of Lionel Richie.
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

AndreaModa wrote:Wouldn't you be pissed with life if you'd had to work with Schumacher and Briatore in '94? :lol:

But that still doesn't condone hitting your girlfriend with a car. :|
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
tristan1117
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by tristan1117 »

:shock:

Well, that's a shocker.

Having read Steve Matchett's excellent book A Mechanic's Tale, he didn't talk very much on the legality of the Benetton but defended them whenever questions came up. (He also wrote another book on the 1994 season called Life in the Fast Lane but I haven't read that) I'm pretty sure he and everyone else at Benetton have been sworn to secrecy in some sort of Mason-esque order. It should also be noted that Ross Brawn needs only one more speeding ticket to have his drivers' license suspended (according to Wikipedia).
CoopsII wrote:On occasion I have ventured into the PMM forum but beat a hasty retreat soon after as it resembles some sort of bad acid trip in there
golic_2004

Post by golic_2004 »

The future McLaren http://imgur.com/sNFFMYF
Cynon

Post by Cynon »

Hey Joke Verstappen, how about you stop trying to kill people and get the bathplug behind bars?

Phoenix wrote:If he manages his personal life just like he did with F1 cars, I'm surprised he hadn't been arrested earlier.

:lol:
Check out the TM Master Cup Series on Youtube...
...or check out my random retro IndyCar clips.

Dr. Helmut Marko wrote: Finally we have an Australian in the team who can start a race well and challenge Vettel.
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

Wizzie wrote:

Oh, absolutely, and I'm not for a second suggesting anything otherwise. Just putting a bit of humour into things! :)
I want my MTV...Simtek Ford

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
CoopsII

Post by CoopsII »

It is ironic that two Benetton 94 drivers are in the arms of The Law at the same time. Particulary while Flavio 'Teflon Don' Briatore and Michael 'Sonny' Schumacher are still walking around as free men ;)
Just For One Day...
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

AndreaModa wrote:
Wizzie wrote:

Oh, absolutely, and I'm not for a second suggesting anything otherwise. Just putting a bit of humour into things! :)

I know, I'ld be pretty pissed off too if I had to work for Benetton in 94.
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
DanielPT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DanielPT »

CoopsII wrote:It is ironic that two Benetton 94 drivers are in the arms of The Law at the same time. Particulary while Flavio 'Teflon Don' Briatore and Michael 'Sonny' Schumacher are still walking around as free men ;)

Nothing to do with it. It just proves that if you play second fiddle in Briatore's team you will most likely become a violent madman. Nelson Piquet jr and Trulli also fit in the rule. (Although Trulli only became mildly violent I think his obsession with power steering is not healthy...)
Colin Kolles on F111, 2011 HRT challenger: The car doesn't look too bad; it looks like a modern F1 car.
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

DanielPT wrote:
CoopsII wrote:It is ironic that two Benetton 94 drivers are in the arms of The Law at the same time. Particulary while Flavio 'Teflon Don' Briatore and Michael 'Sonny' Schumacher are still walking around as free men ;)

Nothing to do with it. It just proves that if you play second fiddle in Briatore's team you will most likely become a violent madman. Nelson Piquet jr and Trulli also fit in the rule. (Although Trulli only became mildly violent I think his obsession with power steering is not healthy...)

Giancarlo Fisichella seems to have gotten away relatively unscathed however.
DanielPT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DanielPT »

Wizzie wrote:
DanielPT wrote:

Giancarlo Fisichella seems to have gotten away relatively unscathed however.

That is what you think. His decision to switch from Force India main guy and spearing the midfield prompting a surprise or two to trundling at the back in a geriatric Ferrari is as mad as it can be. And it was very violent on his driving career.
James1978

Post by James1978 »

It took me till nearly the end of the thread to twig why Herbert was being referenced.

Trying to think of other "Briatore number 2s" - think Wurz escapes as David Richards was in charge of Benetton at the time?

Pretty sure Flav was back by 2001 so Button should be worried.........
"Poor old Warwick takes it from behind all throughout this season". :) (Tony Jardine, 1988)
CoopsII

Post by CoopsII »

I really think it was the dark days of 94 that made these two drivers become homicidal maniacs. The drivers before and after that period are no threat to society. Look at the pillar of the community Jenson Button has become.
Just For One Day...
DanielPT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DanielPT »

CoopsII wrote:I really think it was the dark days of 94 that made these two drivers become homicidal maniacs. The drivers before and after that period are no threat to society. Look at the pillar of the community Jenson Button has become.

Yes, but that is because he started at Williams. Most of their drivers are pillars of the community except Villeneuve.
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klon »

"Heh heh heh. Oh, Jos Verstappen. You wife-beating drunk. Heh heh heh."
dinizintheoven

Post by dinizintheoven »

What about Carlos Reutemann? If Argentinian politicians are anything like ours, "pillar of society" isn't the first term that springs to mind...
James Allen, on his favourite F1 engine of all time:
"...the Life W12, I can't describe the noise to you, but imagine filling your dustbin with nuts and bolts, and then throwing it down the stairs, it was something akin to that!"
DanielPT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DanielPT »

dinizintheoven wrote:What about Carlos Reutemann? If Argentinian politicians are anything like ours, "pillar of society" isn't the first term that springs to mind...

Yes, but Reutemann started at Brabham. Guess who was Team Principal during the time he stayed there?
Last edited by DanielPT on 06 Jan 2012, 13:01, edited 1 time in total.
CoopsII

Post by CoopsII »

Klon wrote:Image
"Heh heh heh. Oh, Jos Verstappen. You wife-beating drunk. Heh heh heh."

Damn my time on Facebook! I see a post like this and I desperately want to "Like" it!
Just For One Day...
Pointrox

Post by Pointrox »

Jos is the Vinnie Jones of Formula One.
But unlike Jones, I thought he actually got his lesson.

And driving a car into her? Bloody hell, he must be either mental or just really bathplugging stupid.
I respect him as a driver, but as a man he seems to be an enourmous bell-end.
Last edited by Pointrox on 06 Jan 2012, 13:31, edited 3 times in total.
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

DanielPT wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJ_XGdYqS_A
kevinbotz wrote:Cantonese is a completely nonsensical f*cking alien language masquerading as some grossly bastardised form of Chinese

Gonzo wrote:Wasn't there some sort of communisim in the East part of Germany?
eagleash

Post by eagleash »

CoopsII wrote:I really think it was the dark days of 94 that made these two drivers become homicidal maniacs. The drivers before and after that period are no threat to society. Look at the pillar of the community Jenson Button has become.

The period before had plenty of characters but perhaps not borderline criminally "a bit bonkers". F1 drivers recently have tended to be "slightly boring". :)
DemocalypseNow wrote: when eagleash of all people says you've gone too far about something you just know that's when to apply the brakes and do a U-turn.
DanielPT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DanielPT »

eagleash wrote:

The period before had plenty of characters but perhaps not borderline criminally "a bit bonkers". F1 drivers recently have tended to be "slightly boring". :)

That is one way to see it. The other is those reports claiming they glass other teams staff...
eagleash

Post by eagleash »

DanielPT wrote:
eagleash wrote:

That is one way to see it. The other is those reports claiming they glass other teams staff...

Generally he's the most boring driver on the grid to me. & that was just a high impact job application.
DemocalypseNow wrote: when eagleash of all people says you've gone too far about something you just know that's when to apply the brakes and do a U-turn.
S951

Post by S951 »

looks like jos the boss forgot the traction control and engaged launch control
Luca Badoer we miss you appreciation group

https://www.facebook.com/groups/187177268036270/
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

That photo of him on the article makes him look like a thug. And I thought he only scored one podium in his career? :?
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klon »

East Londoner wrote:That photo of him on the article makes him look like a thug. And I thought he only scored one podium in his career? :?

He scored consecutive third places for Benetton, in one of them taking the podium spot from the disqualified Michael Schumacher.
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Verstappen verstapt zich :lol:
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
CoopsII

Post by CoopsII »

On the subject of Wrong-Doings does anybody else think they're great when they happen? I loved Piquet-Gate, it was drama of the highest order. Equally I enjoyed boo-hissing at Benetton during '94, ostensibly because I was rooting from Hill but also because they made such a great job as portraying themselves as the bad guys. It wasnt Schumacher-bashing either, the knobheads who cheered when MSC was injured at Silverstone '99 should have received bans for life, in my opinion.

It makes for great stories (the seventies were probably the worst/best for it) just like aggressive driving and surly driver punch ups.
Just For One Day...