F1R Community meet-up at British GP?

The place for speaking your mind on current goings-on in F1
TimmyB

F1R Community meet-up at British GP?

Post by TimmyB »

Hello Forumers! Its been a while since I was here.

Are there any of you that will be partaking in a visit to the British Grand Prix this year? Despite my Australian origins, I will be in the area that weekend and have tickets for the Becketts stand on Sunday.

I am considering trying to hold a forumers meet-up in the mid-morning before the Grand Prix. Let me know and if we get good numbers I will think up a time and place.

I may even bring a recording device and some poignant questions if there is suffucient time and interest on the day. ;)

So... we've got a few days to get this sorted... lets hear from you.
AndreaModa

Re: F1R Community meet-up at British GP?

Post by AndreaModa »

Gone the past two years, but sadly not this time. The chief fundraising officer hasn't done his job properly! ;)
I want my MTV...Simtek Ford

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

No chance, tickets for Silverstone are a fecking rip-off. I've seen weekend tickets at Spa sell for £60 and the cheapest here is over three times that. Disgraceful. Might as well go to Belgium and watch the Flanders vs Walloon fight between tommykl and This unfold :lol:
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
Shadaza

Post by Shadaza »

Having been on General Admission tickets, arriving at the circuit at 7.30Am I was surprised to find it nearly full already and could only perch awkwardly on some banking, in the 2008 spec rain. So the reason tickets are so expensive is because it really does fill up and also why a mid morning meet up is suicidal on General admission. Anyone going should really fork out the extra for grandstand seats. :)
Message me on Discord.
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Shadaza wrote:Having been on General Admission tickets, arriving at the circuit at 7.30Am I was surprised to find it nearly full already and could only perch awkwardly on some banking, in the 2008 spec rain. So the reason tickets are so expensive is because it really does fill up and also why a mid morning meet up is suicidal on General admission. Anyone going should really fork out the extra for grandstand seats. :)

I just looked something else up. General Admission to Monza is £75. SEVENTY FIVE FREAKING QUID. What is the point of going to Silverstone when tickets + flights to Monza cost less & less likely to get drenched? And even Grandstand tickets are cheaper, "Alta Velocita A" (end of pit straight next to first chicane) costs £160, has good view of the best overtaking spot on the track and has a big screen opposite to follow the rest of the race. Actually, I'm seriously considering buying some tix for that. Anyone else from F1R going? :lol:

Image Image
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

kostas22 wrote:No chance, tickets for Silverstone are a fecking rip-off. I've seen weekend tickets at Spa sell for £60 and the cheapest here is over three times that. Disgraceful. Might as well go to Belgium and watch the Flanders vs Walloon fight between tommykl and This unfold :lol:

Wait, £60 for tickets at Spa? Why don't we just go there?
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
shinji
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by shinji »

kostas22 wrote:Actually, I'm seriously considering buying some tix for that. Anyone else from F1R going? :lol:

Funnily enough, I'm going with my brother.
Better than 'Tour in a suit case' Takagi.
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

BlindCaveSalamander wrote:
kostas22 wrote:No chance, tickets for Silverstone are a fecking rip-off. I've seen weekend tickets at Spa sell for £60 and the cheapest here is over three times that. Disgraceful. Might as well go to Belgium and watch the Flanders vs Walloon fight between tommykl and This unfold :lol:

Wait, £60 for tickets at Spa? Why don't we just go there?

I may be going, but I'll have to convince my parents to fork out 260 euros for 2 tickets for a grass bank. I have a feeling that won't go down very well.
kevinbotz wrote:Cantonese is a completely nonsensical f*cking alien language masquerading as some grossly bastardised form of Chinese

Gonzo wrote:Wasn't there some sort of communisim in the East part of Germany?
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

shinji wrote:
kostas22 wrote:Actually, I'm seriously considering buying some tix for that. Anyone else from F1R going? :lol:

So, Monza then?
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

BlindCaveSalamander wrote:
shinji wrote:

So, Monza then?

I was at Monza last year in that grandstand at the first chicane - well worth it, particularly seeing an HRT in its highest race position to date!
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

As it turns out, I can't go to Monza this year, the race clashes with my move from my current home to Edinburgh. Oh well, maybe next year? If it's late enough in the year hopefully I can combine it with an early season Inter match midweek/following weekend :D

Image Image
Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

Whenever I make enough of a dough, I promise myself I'll go to a decent GP. But I've already met one member of this forum in person :P
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by pasta_maldonado »

Phoenix wrote:Whenever I make enough of a dough, I promise myself I'll go to a decent GP. But I've already met one member of this forum in person :P

And who would that be?
Klon wrote:more liek Nick Ass-idy amirite?
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

pasta_maldonado wrote:
Phoenix wrote:Whenever I make enough of a dough, I promise myself I'll go to a decent GP. But I've already met one member of this forum in person :P

And who would that be?

Aerond. They basically live over the road from each other, hint hint ;)

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by pasta_maldonado »

AndreaModa wrote:
pasta_maldonado wrote:

And who would that be?

Aerond. They basically live over the road from each other, hint hint ;)

Actually didn't know that. Well, you learn something new every day :)
Klon wrote:more liek Nick Ass-idy amirite?
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

Haha not for real they don't, at least I don't think so! They both live in Madrid, but I was just mucking about saying they lived close to each other! :lol:

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klon »

pasta_maldonado wrote:Actually didn't know that. Well, you learn something new every day :)

One might argue though that this knowledge ranks in its importance somewhere between the fact that an issue of Yotsuba&! costs 20 cents more in Austria than in Germany and knowing how to do Ness' smash attack in Melee. :lol:
Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

AndreaModa wrote:Haha not for real they don't, at least I don't think so! They both live in Madrid, but I was just mucking about saying they lived close to each other! :lol:

Actually, I live in Majorca but now that I'm at uni I live in Madrid for most of the year. I return to Majorca for holidays, and right now I'm there rather than in Madrid :P
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

Phoenix wrote:
AndreaModa wrote:Haha not for real they don't, at least I don't think so! They both live in Madrid, but I was just mucking about saying they lived close to each other! :lol:

Actually, I live in Majorca but now that I'm at uni I live in Madrid for most of the year. I return to Majorca for holidays, and right now I'm there rather than in Madrid :P

So really, your name is Frank, you're a 64 year old originally from Dudley, and now you own a timeshare on a hill overlooking Palma? :lol:

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

AndreaModa wrote:
Phoenix wrote:

So really, your name is Frank, you're a 64 year old originally from Dudley, and now you own a timeshare on a hill overlooking Palma? :lol:

No, that ain't the case... :lol:
TimmyB

Post by TimmyB »

Ha! Well that wasnt quite the response i was expecting but at least i don't need to go looking for anyone. ;)

Here's hoping it will be a Grand Prix worth seeing in person.
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

TimmyB wrote:Ha! Well that wasnt quite the response i was expecting but at least i don't need to go looking for anyone. ;)

Here's hoping it will be a Grand Prix worth seeing in person.

I'd definitely pack the umbrella mate, it was mostly dry here today (I'm about 15 minutes from the track) but I'd expect unsettled weather over the weekend because it's been like that for a good week or two now.

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
F1 Adam

Post by F1 Adam »

I went today, traffic was queued up for miles because of flooding. Paths were drenched, my clothes are ruined, and the only action for most of the practice sessions was a mexican wave.

Still good fun though. Shame I'm not going for the rest of it, but meh. My car was already threatening to die sat in the traffic jams, it might not have handled another two days of that!