Rantbox

The place for speaking your mind on current goings-on in F1
shinji
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: Rantbox

Post by shinji »

I don't know why the word 'box' has a place in the title of this thread.

AHHHHH! I'M SO ANGRY!
Better than 'Tour in a suit case' Takagi.
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Klon wrote:
Warren Hughes wrote:"As an F1-related discussion grows longer, the probability of sniping about Jonathan Legard's commentary approaches 1."

Not acceptable as law, as it doesn't qualify for all discussions, as Legard is an UK-only "problem". Germans, for example, could discuss for nearly infinite without the name Legard even popping up. Hahaha, nitpicking for the win. If anything you would have to make it count for any kind of F1 commentary.

On-Topic: Ralf Schumacher still has more wins than Sebastian Vettel, DO NOT FORGET THAT!

Perhaps an amendment is in order, something along the lines of, "As an F1-related discussion grows longer, the probability of sniping about commentary approaches 1."
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
Valrys

Post by Valrys »

CarlosFerreira wrote:shinji, +1.

Ditto.

Sometimes I wonder why I bother devotedly paying attention to all that goes on, I could probably use more constructive use of my time
CarlosFerreira

Post by CarlosFerreira »

She's married.
Stay home, Colin Kolles!
lostpin

Post by lostpin »

For probably no apparent reason, I want the old Interlagos back! :) http://motorizado.files.wordpress.com/2009/03/interlagos.jpg
An animator that happens to love racing... :)
http://lostpin.net
Waris

Post by Waris »

CarlosFerreira wrote:If we mix Kovalainen and Glock, we might get one good pilot.

Heimo Kovalock is a pretty cool name.
MOTOR RACING IS DANGEROUS
fjackdaw

Post by fjackdaw »

Warren Hughes wrote:
fjackdaw wrote:
Warren Hughes wrote:I suggest we name this statement 'Hughes' Law'

How about 'Brundle's Law'? ;)

But that means I don't get the credit :(

Tch, all right, Hughes' Law it is then.
Waris

Post by Waris »

Waris wrote:
CarlosFerreira wrote:If we mix Kovalainen and Glock, we might get one good pilot.

Wait, now that I think of it, "Tikki Kovalock" is even better.
Sorry for quotiong my own post. :roll:
MOTOR RACING IS DANGEROUS
CarlosFerreira

Post by CarlosFerreira »

Waris wrote:
Waris wrote:

Wait, now that I think of it, "Tikki Kovalock" is even better.
Sorry for quotiong my own post. :roll:

:lol:
Stay home, Colin Kolles!
WeirdKerr
Location: on the edge of nowhere with a ludicrous grid penalty.....

Post by WeirdKerr »

Himo Glianenn....?

could we mix more drivers?
CarlosFerreira

Post by CarlosFerreira »

Renault? Run, Robert, run!
Stay home, Colin Kolles!
Ulfuls

Post by Ulfuls »

WeirdKerr wrote:Himo Glianenn....?

The race pace and smoothness of Party A with the quali speed of Party B: Jensastian Buttel -- now there's a multiple world champ. Driving his Brawwey (or should that be his Newn?) -- unstoppable.
DonTirri
Location: Herttoniemi, Helsinki, Finland, Europe, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way.

Post by DonTirri »

Ulfuls wrote:
WeirdKerr wrote:Himo Glianenn....?

The race pace and smoothness of Party A with the quali speed of Party B: Jensastian Buttel -- now there's a multiple world champ. Driving his Brawwey (or should that be his Newn?) -- unstoppable.

The proven reliability of Party A with the unquestioned raw pace of Part B: Kick Raikfield (or alternatively Nimi Heidonen) Driving a Ferber (or Saurari).
Now thats unstoppable
I got Pointed Opinions and I ain't afraid to use em!
F1rejects no.1Räikkönen and Vettel fan.
BTW, thats Räikkönen with two K's and two N's. Not Raikonnen (Raikkonen is fine if you have no umlauts though)
Captain Hammer

Post by Captain Hammer »

Waris wrote:Wait, now that I think of it, "Tikki Kovalock" is even better.

If I don't say it, someone else will:

Hivil Tikklecock.
mario wrote:I'm wondering what the hell has been going on in this thread [...] it's turned into a bizarre detour into mythical flying horses and the sort of search engine results that CoopsII is going to have a very hard time explaining ...
Cynon

Post by Cynon »

CarlosFerreira wrote:Renault? Run, Robert, run!

Renault or Lotus? Take your pick.
Check out the TM Master Cup Series on Youtube...
...or check out my random retro IndyCar clips.

Dr. Helmut Marko wrote: Finally we have an Australian in the team who can start a race well and challenge Vettel.
Winterspring

Post by Winterspring »

Mirko Wesberg sounds decent enough. I want Ralf Schumacher to be back in F1 or Klien.
MinardiFan95

Post by MinardiFan95 »

The Australian commentators are worse than Legard & Allen. Just before the ad breaks, they will mention what position Australia's Mark Webber is in. Surely if we could be bothered to stay up late enough to watch all of the races, we would know that Mark Webber comes from Australia.
Also, I wonder if Bernie knows that there is a perfectly good permanent circuit at Valencia. A race there would be much better than the snoozefest that is the Valencia Street Circuit.
This is a cool spot.
CarlosFerreira

Post by CarlosFerreira »

MinardiFan95 wrote:The Australian commentators are worse than Legard & Allen. Just before the ad breaks, they will mention what position Australia's Mark Webber is in. Surely if we could be bothered to stay up late enough to watch the all races, we would know that Mark Webber comes from Australia.
Also, I wonder if Bernie knows that there is a perfectly good permanent circuit at Valencia. A race there would be much better than the snoozefest that is the Valencia Street Circuit.

Hughes' Law! :mrgreen:
Stay home, Colin Kolles!
CarlosFerreira

Post by CarlosFerreira »

Captain Hammer wrote:
Waris wrote:Wait, now that I think of it, "Tikki Kovalock" is even better.

If I don't say it, someone else will:

Hivil Tikklecock.

:lol: Epic win!
Stay home, Colin Kolles!
Winterspring

Post by Winterspring »

I've gotten used to the Aussie commentators, so it doesn't faze me or annoy me. Heck even James Allen didn't annoy me.
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

No Robert! Anywhere but Renault!

Hmm... maybe this post should have come with a Kubica fan alert
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klon »

Rubens is still in the title battle. GOD DAMN YOU, RTL, GOD BATHPLUGING DAMN YOU!
lostpin

Post by lostpin »

The rantbox seems to be in a coma... ok, here it goes: Button, you lucky bastard! :mrgreen:
CarlosFerreira

Post by CarlosFerreira »

Mark Webber wins a race, everything people talk about is Button. That's unfair in my book.
Stay home, Colin Kolles!
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

CarlosFerreira wrote:Mark Webber wins a race, everything people talk about is Button. That's unfair in my book.

That's just Webber's luck. Drives a stonking race, but then somebody else has to go and win a world championship to overshadow him.
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
thehemogoblin

Post by thehemogoblin »

CarlosFerreira wrote:Mark Webber wins a race, everything people talk about is Button. That's unfair in my book.

Jamie and Enoch will be sure to rectify this.
WeirdKerr
Location: on the edge of nowhere with a ludicrous grid penalty.....

Post by WeirdKerr »

When will the FIA modify podium protocol to allow for situations that arose today (i.e. someone wins WDC but finishes lower than 3rd) and this is not the first time that its happenned......
CarlosFerreira

Post by CarlosFerreira »

Raikkonen is more hardcore than Chuck Norris: half the pilots on the grid, if driving a KERS car (wires, electricity!) and confronted with a flash fire, would have wept and given up then and there.
Stay home, Colin Kolles!
Warren Hughes

Post by Warren Hughes »

Button deserves this title, because he has more points than anybody else.
Nico Rosberg wrote:Break me down mentally? Good luck with that one.

:roll:
Winterspring

Post by Winterspring »

Nakajima was looking good for at least 7th or 8th until Kamui chopped him. I don't see why people think he is a bad driver, with Kazuki I mean there are worse like Romain, Nelson and Bourdais, he is a different Japanese driver but maybe he needed a more aggressive strategy a bit like Nico's.
lostpin

Post by lostpin »

Raikkonen gave Webber a KERS push from the back, and that's why Webber won the race. :lol:
CarlosFerreira

Post by CarlosFerreira »

WW3: coming next March to a well known, red-clad team.
Stay home, Colin Kolles!
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

Hmm... maybe Jarno could vent his fustration here... it'll give us something to laugh at afterwards
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
Captain Hammer

Post by Captain Hammer »

You know what's irritating me now?

People who seem to think JB just coasted to the title when he clearly had an inferior car halfway through the season.

And you know what would also irritate me?

If Button had won every race and sealed the title at the earliest possible opportunity, people would be writing it off as a bad season.
mario wrote:I'm wondering what the hell has been going on in this thread [...] it's turned into a bizarre detour into mythical flying horses and the sort of search engine results that CoopsII is going to have a very hard time explaining ...
CarlosFerreira

Post by CarlosFerreira »

Ferrari has adopted a new anthem since announcing Alonso will be racing for them: Chris de Burgh's "Lady in Red".
Stay home, Colin Kolles!
fjackdaw

Post by fjackdaw »

Captain Hammer wrote:You know what's irritating me now?

People who seem to think JB just coasted to the title when he clearly had an inferior car halfway through the season.

If Button had won every race and sealed the title at the earliest possible opportunity, people would be writing it off as a bad season.

I think people have been programmed to grumble about everything these days. There seems to be a in-built cynicism in people now that perhaps wasn't so dried-in a few years ago. Last year people grumbled that the world champion hadn't won the most races, this year they grumble even though he won the most races by far. It seems that many people are only happy if things follow their own personal pre-determined ideas exactly, eg, "The fastest driver must win driving the fastest car, but he has to win by narrowly taking the most victories on the last lap of the last race, so that there's no 'wasted' racing at the end of the season, and this driver must be the one who is the most gracious and fair and with the most personality without being cocky, otherwise the result is unworthy and disappointing".
lostpin

Post by lostpin »

Barrichello won't retire until he's 60!
Ferrim

Post by Ferrim »

Ferrim wrote:I wish Nico Rosberg stops messing up every time he can get into the podium.

I wish the car stops messing up the few times Nico Rosberg can get into the podium without messing up.
Go home, Bernie Ecclestone!

"There will be no other victory this year, I can tell you, more welcomed than this one" Bob Varsha, 1995 Canadian GP

F1 Rejects Forums – going off-topic since 2009!
Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

fjackdaw wrote:
Captain Hammer wrote:You know what's irritating me now?

I think people have been programmed to grumble about everything these days. There seems to be a in-built cynicism in people now that perhaps wasn't so dried-in a few years ago. Last year people grumbled that the world champion hadn't won the most races, this year they grumble even though he won the most races by far. It seems that many people are only happy if things follow their own personal pre-determined ideas exactly, eg, "The fastest driver must win driving the fastest car, but he has to win by narrowly taking the most victories on the last lap of the last race, so that there's no 'wasted' racing at the end of the season, and this driver must be the one who is the most gracious and fair and with the most personality without being cocky, otherwise the result is unworthy and disappointing".

What I think is that Jenson Button is not WDC-stuff; neither him, Barrichello, or Vettel (yet). They had the best machinery, and Raikkonen, Alonso and Hamilton had to struggle with mediocre cars until mid-season; I think they could have done more with what they had. Would it be boring? Perhaps, but at least we would have had a clearly dominant champion; Button simply seemed to have lost the north after mid-season (okay, the car was not as dominant as like it was at the beginning but still it was very competitive), and Barrichello and Vettel could have made more profit of Button misfortunes. I think it would be nicer to see more complete drivers fighting for the title; it was more a recognition to Brawn and Newey's talents than that of the drivers.
Conclusion: my idea of a worthy champion is that of a driver that can clearly extend over his car's abilities (or the lack of them), just like Alonso, Massa, Hamilton, or even Sutil at times.
CarlosFerreira

Post by CarlosFerreira »

When will Kazuki's son start driving for Williams?
Stay home, Colin Kolles!