Rantbox

The place for speaking your mind on current goings-on in F1
Jordan

Re: Rantbox

Post by Jordan »

What happens if the entire field gets a grid drop? Do they just start in the same order?
"Grosjean has a great desire to turn around and look at the corner he's just gone through, too many times per lap or per session, he's always spinning that Renault"
shinji
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by shinji »

Jordan wrote:What happens if the entire field gets a grid drop? Do they just start in the same order?

The world explodes.
Better than 'Tour in a suit case' Takagi.
Jordan

Post by Jordan »

Ok, what about this

http://formula-one.speedtv.com/article/ ... panese-gp/

Why not let Kamui race? He practiced Friday, didn't he? Friday practice, Saturday Practice, who cares?

I wanna see another reject in the making NOW!
"Grosjean has a great desire to turn around and look at the corner he's just gone through, too many times per lap or per session, he's always spinning that Renault"
thehemogoblin

Post by thehemogoblin »

Jordan wrote:Ok, what about this

http://formula-one.speedtv.com/article/ ... panese-gp/

Why not let Kamui race? He practiced Friday, didn't he? Friday practice, Saturday Practice, who cares?

I wanna see another reject in the making NOW!

That's pretty bad. I hope they fix that. The driver should just have to drive at some point during the weekend.
Jordan

Post by Jordan »

Why even have reserve drivers
Ross Prawn

Post by Ross Prawn »

The spare car ban robbed us of seeing Webber in the race. It just penalises the spectators.

Webber collects all Vettels bad luck. Like the Portrait of Dorian Grey.
"Other than the car behind and the driver who might get a bit startled with the sudden explosion in front, it really isn't a major safety issue from that point of view,"
tristan1117
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by tristan1117 »

STR has managed to finally manage to perfect the crashing technique of Nelson Piquet Jr. Just the sort of thing Nelson would do, crashing 4 times in a weekend is just Piquesque.
CoopsII wrote:On occasion I have ventured into the PMM forum but beat a hasty retreat soon after as it resembles some sort of bad acid trip in there
fjackdaw

Post by fjackdaw »

Ross Prawn wrote:Like the Portrait of Dorian Grey.

I thought about doing something pedantic. Then decided against it...
shinji
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by shinji »

It shows what a state racing is in when routine pit stops are deemed more important for TV coverage than anything happening on-track.
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

Sepang on Grand Prix 4 is alot harder to drive competitivly on than I thought... But then again that's nothing compared to the disaster at the next round at Interlagos... 16th on the grid in a f***ing Jordan... Trulli was like 6th or something
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
CarlosFerreira

Post by CarlosFerreira »

Kimi to Luca: Ha ha ha!
Stay home, Colin Kolles!
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

CarlosFerreira wrote:Kimi to Luca: Ha ha ha!

More like - Kimi to Luca: "Hey you...yeah you...f**k you! AHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!"
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
lostpin

Post by lostpin »

NASCAR quivers in fear: the Nelson Piquet Jr. Age is upon them... :twisted:
An animator that happens to love racing... :)
http://lostpin.net
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

lostpin wrote:NASCAR quivers in fear: the Nelson Piquet Jr. Age is upon them... :twisted:

NASCAR quivers in fear: Mika Salo is racing there next year. :D

Image Image
CarlosFerreira

Post by CarlosFerreira »

Loose headrest? Twice!? "We prepare both our cars to the same standard" makes no sense in the same sentence as "Red Bull".
Stay home, Colin Kolles!
watka
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by watka »

CarlosFerreira wrote:Loose headrest? Twice!? "We prepare both our cars to the same standard" makes no sense in the same sentence as "Red Bull".

Must be a Renault thing.
Watka - you know, the swimming horses guy
lostpin

Post by lostpin »

Barrichello hasn't done any bla-bla-bla outbursts recently. Is he finally coming to terms that he will always be... second best?
thalion

Post by thalion »

What's the point of having a designated third driver for a team if he can't be used (even in the remarkable case that he has already driven the car that weekend)????
Ulfuls

Post by Ulfuls »

CarlosFerreira wrote:Loose headrest? Twice!? "We prepare both our cars to the same standard" makes no sense in the same sentence as "Red Bull".

Sure it does, but you're missing some words. "We prepare both our cars to the same fast but incredibly fragile standard, using papier mache instead of carbon fibre" would be about right.
lostpin

Post by lostpin »

I think that Nakajima, considering his current point tally, is preparing himself to become Nelson Piquet's Jr. team-mate next year...
CarlosFerreira

Post by CarlosFerreira »

Wake up, Heikki!
Stay home, Colin Kolles!
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/79283
Nelson just shut the f*** already. You were the idiot that decided to bin it in the first place
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
Steve

Post by Steve »

Assuming Nakajima and Grosjean both fail to score in the remaining two races (which is very likely), Alonso and Rosberg will have single-handedly won all of their teams' Constructor's Championship points - is that a record?

It also means that if Piquet and Nakajima ever end up in a team together they're going to need a third driver to actually bring in some points on race day.
Warren Hughes

Post by Warren Hughes »

I hate the phrase 'Trulli train' (which happens to be one of Jonathan Legard's favourites). It shows great disrespect to a man who has been consistently competitive at the top level for 12 years.
Nico Rosberg wrote:Break me down mentally? Good luck with that one.

:roll:
fjackdaw

Post by fjackdaw »

Warren Hughes wrote:I hate the phrase 'Trulli train' (which happens to be one of Jonathan Legard's favourites). It shows great disrespect to a man who has been consistently competitive at the top level for 12 years.

I just hate Jonathan Legard full stop.
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

fjackdaw wrote:
Warren Hughes wrote:I hate the phrase 'Trulli train' (which happens to be one of Jonathan Legard's favourites). It shows great disrespect to a man who has been consistently competitive at the top level for 12 years.

I just hate Jonathan Legard full stop.

Jonathan Legard is a Bathplug.*
*That was deliberate.

Image Image
Jordan192

Post by Jordan192 »

I'd rather have Johnathan Legard than James Allen. However, I'd also rather have Cholera than Rabies.

I don't like the fact Legard voluntarily left F1 in favour of Football while he was at Five Live, and yet got the nod for the TV role over the far more capable (or at least, more likeable) David Croft.
I coined the term "Lewisteria". The irony is that I actually quite like Lewis Hamilton.
Warren Hughes

Post by Warren Hughes »

That wasn't a Legard rant, it was a 'Trulli train' rant. The Legard comment was just an aside, as it's not only him that says it.

However, while we're on the subject of Legard, his attempts to blame Sutil for the collision with Kovalainen demonstrated yet again his almost total lack of knowledge about motorsport. And that, my friends, is a rant.

shinji
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by shinji »

'Trulli Train' seemed to have died as a term, I think Legard resurrected it. He's even used it in relation to drivers other than Trulli, eg "Here's Kovalainen, a Trulli Train seems to be building behind him", to which Brundle replies "SHUT THE FUNK UP YOU FUNKING IDIOT!"
fjackdaw

Post by fjackdaw »

My main Legard gripe - apart from his lack of knowledge - is his total inability to convey excitement, everything is just a statement, or a sneery remark. On the rare occasion he does try to up the energy level, it just sounds forced. Give me James Allen over him any day.
Warren Hughes

Post by Warren Hughes »

Given the turn that this thread has now taken, started inadvertently by me (I'm so sorry!), I propose a slight amendment to Godwin's Law for the situation of an F1-related forum.

"As an F1-related discussion grows longer, the probability of sniping about Jonathan Legard's commentary approaches 1."

I suggest we name this statement 'Hughes' Law'

Ulfuls

Post by Ulfuls »

A well-that's-alright-then rather than a rant: At least Legard has stopped saying "Brawn from Red Bull from Brawn from Red Bull from Williams from Ferrari from Satan's left nostril". The angry mob of peasants burning him in effigy outside of Broadcasting House must have had an effect.
CarlosFerreira

Post by CarlosFerreira »

Warren Hughes wrote:Given the turn that this thread has now taken, started inadvertently by me (I'm so sorry!), I propose a slight amendment to Godwin's Law for the situation of an F1-related forum.

"As an F1-related discussion grows longer, the probability of sniping about Jonathan Legard's commentary approaches 1."

I suggest we name this statement 'Hughes' Law'

Accepted, and subsequently entered into the Ground Rules.
Stay home, Colin Kolles!
CarlosFerreira

Post by CarlosFerreira »

Grosjean can't even crash properly. He probably wishes he was Alguersuari right now.
Stay home, Colin Kolles!
fjackdaw

Post by fjackdaw »

Warren Hughes wrote:I suggest we name this statement 'Hughes' Law'

How about 'Brundle's Law'? ;)

Ulfuls wrote:A well-that's-alright-then rather than a rant: At least Legard has stopped saying "Brawn from Red Bull from Brawn from Red Bull from Williams from Ferrari from Satan's left nostril". The angry mob of peasants burning him in effigy outside of Broadcasting House must have had an effect.

My favourite this race was his pit-stop commentary of the tyre choices: "Hard off, hard on". Second occasion, he realised his own mistake just in time, thus calling all the more attention to it: "Hard off, hard... tyres on".
shinji
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by shinji »

Why do we feckin' like this sport? I mean really, it's filled with lying businessmen and overpaid 'sportspeople' who drive around in situ for an hour and a half every two weeks while millions is spent to make it more likely that they'll be at the front of the parade. We the spectators then come on to internet forums and complain, it's only once in a blue moon that a race is satisfying to the point that one can have no complaints, so it frustrates too. And it's always been like that - people go on about the late '80s, but that's just because that's when a lot of people got in to F1 because it came more in to public consciousness. I'd go on about the early 2000s, since I remember them (is 'early 2000s singular or plural? them doesn't sound right) as being exciting, mostly due to the fact I was 8 and found anything exciting. However, I'd be shot down with "Schumi-enduced boredom" comments, so I don't mention how my earliest memory of F1 is the 2001 Hungarian GP and being enthralled by it. People don't hark back to the F1 of the 1950s, because they don't remember it. So that's why I'm going to go and follow camogie instead.

Anyway, just had to get that off my chest. That's what this thread is here for, isn't it?
Warren Hughes

Post by Warren Hughes »

fjackdaw wrote:
Warren Hughes wrote:I suggest we name this statement 'Hughes' Law'

How about 'Brundle's Law'? ;)

But that means I don't get the credit :(

CarlosFerreira

Post by CarlosFerreira »

shinji, +1.
Stay home, Colin Kolles!
WeirdKerr
Location: on the edge of nowhere with a ludicrous grid penalty.....

Post by WeirdKerr »

I have nothing to rant about, and that makes me angry......
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klon »

Warren Hughes wrote:"As an F1-related discussion grows longer, the probability of sniping about Jonathan Legard's commentary approaches 1."

Not acceptable as law, as it doesn't qualify for all discussions, as Legard is an UK-only "problem". Germans, for example, could discuss for nearly infinite without the name Legard even popping up. Hahaha, nitpicking for the win. If anything you would have to make it count for any kind of F1 commentary.

On-Topic: Ralf Schumacher still has more wins than Sebastian Vettel, DO NOT FORGET THAT!