Your F1 Dreams

The place for speaking your mind on current goings-on in F1
fjackdaw

Your F1 Dreams

Post by fjackdaw »

I have them all the time. This morning was a particularly potty one.

Trulli and Liuzzi had had some kind of disagreement which had led Trulli to punch Liuzzi. They were on TV being interviewed, trying to shake and make up, but both were still too angry to really let it lie. Trulli was an accurate Trulli, but Liuzzi was a pale man with an oval face. He had red marks up the left hand side of his face where Jarno had punched him.

I looked the original incident up on YouTube. There was a clip titled "Trulli: Death of a clown, or the last joke in F1?", but when played it was just footage of a Toyota driving around an empty track while someone played an acoustic cover of The Kinks' 'Death Of A Clown' over the top. As I woke up, this had morphed into The Rolling Stones' '2000 Man'.
fjackdaw

Re: Your F1 Dreams

Post by fjackdaw »

I occasionally dream I am a formula 1 driver, but never a front-runner, always a bona-fide reject. It always makes me feel good just to be competing somewhere on the grid and be part of history. One particularly evocative dream saw me heading across the grass at Silverstone through the crowds to take my seat in my car.

In another, I'd driven a particularly Badoer-like race, and had come last by a long way. I didn't really mind all the criticism because, as I kept telling myself, "I'm not even a formula 1 driver, I'm a screenwriter". We were at the drivers' debrief afterwards, which was held on plastic garden furniture like we were outside a pub or cafe. The mood was quite light and jokey, but when it came time for me to talk about my race, Hamilton started making a hissing noise through his teeth like a slowly deflating tyre, suggesting that I was boring. Everyone laughed at first, even me, trying hard to take the joke in good will - but he didn't stop, just just kept up this hissing noise. I became angrier and angrier, and my final thought before waking up was, "I'm going to chin this bastard in a minute".

On another occasion, I was a Stewart driver. Qualifying had been changed to hang-gliding.
shinji
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by shinji »

You one crazy-ass mo-fo.
Better than 'Tour in a suit case' Takagi.
Barbazza

Post by Barbazza »

In the year 2001 I had an extremely vivid dream where a blue car crashed violently at the start of the race but the driver walked away. So when Luciano Burti launched his Prost at Hockenheim a couple of weeks later I was more than a little shocked!
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

I once dreamed I was killed in a race by a red car, after I was deliberately nerfed of the road by a driver called Micky Shoemaker. Not the best F1 dream really.
On a more positive note, I came back from the dead as 'More Bonsai than Banzai' and spun him out at the next race. :D
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
WeirdKerr
Location: on the edge of nowhere with a ludicrous grid penalty.....

Post by WeirdKerr »

Some years ago i had a vivid dream about watcthing a Grand Prix on TV that got hit by an earth quake....
fjackdaw

Post by fjackdaw »

Years ago I had quite a horrifying one about a Grand Prix which somehow ended up on the same track as a Grand National, and the racing cars ploughing into the horses. I think Eddie Irvine was leading the race and was first into the carnage. I often have carnage-based nightmares, but that one was especially grotesque.
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

WeirdKerr wrote:Some years ago i had a vivid dream about watcthing a Grand Prix on TV that got hit by an earth quake....

Sorry, but didn't that actually happen at Suzuka one year, or was it just the hurricane a few years ago that i'm tinking of?
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
SuperAguri
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by SuperAguri »

I had a few F1 dreams, the best one for me was when I was a team boss of a team called Sunshine Motorsports, the cars were painted in shades of blue. We were at the Japanese Grand Prix and it was a lovely sunny morning, I remember being told we had to get the cars ready for prequalifying, we had two drivers a Japanese pay driver called Takahashi and a slightly more talented driver called Flint who I believe was Scottish. I remember watching the cars go out and seeing that Takahashi was 0.5 seconds off the pace off the Onyxs who were last in PQ, flint was much faster and was topping the time sheets. When Takahashi came in, I said 'Put your f*cking foot down' to him and told the team to make the car faster, he went out and manage to crash into one of the Onyxs. A reporter came up and said 'Will I be making any changes for Australia?' and I replied 'Yes I'll be hiring a monkey, it should go faster then Takahashi'. I put my head in my hands and saw Ron Dennis and Frank Williams, pointing at me and laughing.sadly I woke up and didn't get to see if Flint would qualify... :(

I also had one during the night after seeing Qualifying at the the 2008 Australian GP, where Sato slowed down, parked his car, took his helmet off, sighed and then walked like a man depressed away from me and the car. :(

I also had lots when I was a kid, most of them seemed to be F1 cars racing around on a warm sunny spring day around a city street circuit like Phoenix or Detriot.
<@Ataxia> these people are making a mess of their crepe suzettes
fjackdaw

Post by fjackdaw »

That reminds me - a very fleeting one showing an on-board of a driver in an Orange Arrows, with an orange and yellow helmet, driving around the A1 circuit in Austria. The graphic showed that his name was 'BUTTERFLY'.

Some time before that, I had a dream where I was in a back-of-the-grid team with pink and white cars. My team-mate was quite a pretty girl - we got along well and the two of us just had a cheerful time trudging around at the back with nothing really to prove. I still have an image from my POV looking out from the garage on a bleached-bright day, waving to her as she drove out in her car. Not a spectacular dream, but nice for the chilled-out feeling it gave me.
thehemogoblin

Post by thehemogoblin »

... are like races at Fuji... Wet.
fjackdaw

Post by fjackdaw »

thehemogoblin wrote:... are like races at Fuji... Wet.

Haha - not all my dreams with girls in are sexy dreams!
CarlosFerreira

Post by CarlosFerreira »

fjackdaw wrote:
thehemogoblin wrote:... are like races at Fuji... Wet.

Haha - not all my dreams with girls in are sexy dreams!

What's the point of dreaming, then?

Had a dream where I was on the F1 grid on an Audi Quattro S2. Think I won the race. Details are fuzzy, too much noise.
Stay home, Colin Kolles!
Popi_Larrauri

Post by Popi_Larrauri »

The only one I can remember was in 1989 or 1990, because it was before when I was hooked for the first time to F1 (Monaco 1990), and after Oscar Larrauri made into F1. I was driving a slow car and the race had endeed, and I was driving toward to the pits. I was on the bottom of the results sheet, the general feeling was that nothing was going right, wich was my usual belief about my self-esteem when I was that age (13-15 aprox). I was driving an Eurobrun (but it's colour scheme was perfectly one of a Leyton house) and an elementary college friend (college which I ended two years before, and a friend I've never seen again, until, six month ago, I found a picture of him in Facebook) driving a JSP Lotus put his car at the same speed and we started talking. He (or me) comemented that my car was too crapy to get a good finish, but it wasn't cinical or anything improper. I also remember that we where driving in some sort of highway, so it was a Detroit GP or something alike. Then I woke up.

There are some explanations I found with time: The Eurobun was light blue because there was a video game in fashion (not in computers, but next to pinball machines) that featured a GP race where there were 16 cars on the grid, and paint schemes where exactly of the F1 of 1988, and the slowest of them where Marches, and therefore, light blues (sometimes appeared Black and Yellow Tyrrells instead). Always the same circuit, that had two tunnels, one straight forwarded and the other a-la-Monaco; and a peraltada (I don't know the word in english: canted?) turn first corner to the right. Maybe some of the olders in this site might remember it. The JSP was the automatical reference to a fast car (since I wasn't watching F1 at all, my last memmories where the ones when I was six and watched F1 with Reutemann running for Willams or Lotus).

Well, that's all, quiet a bit of nostaglia... to much for me today.
Winners have lots of friends, losers have good friends.
Alianora La Canta

Post by Alianora La Canta »

Sorry, but didn't that actually happen at Suzuka one year, or was it just the hurricane a few years ago that i'm tinking of? {dr-baker - 7 comments ago}

I believe it was 2000, when there was a small earthquake in practise. So small that only the more sensitive organisms in the paddock, such as Flavio Briatore, noticed it had happened...

I have quite a few F1 dreams of varying levels of plausibility. The most plausible dream I've had was in mid-1993 (the night after I started being a F1 supporter) when I dreamed that Damon Hill was going to win the world championship in three years' time. Sure enough, three years later was 1996...

At the less plausible end, I had a particularly vivid dream the night before this year's British Grand Prix. My dream started off with Button leading from the first corner after making a great start from 6th. Then Hamilton passed him a bit later on... ...but the winner turned out to be Fisichella. Which seemed strange enough given that he'd qualified 16th in a Force India, but then the post-race analysis panel (consisting of Ross Brawn, Martin Brundle and one of my more intelligent friends from the blogosphere) concluded that the reason for this was a mid-race rain of pink custard. Somehow, the panel was able to discuss this with completely straight faces as if this was a normal event in Grands Prix. The moaning being reserved for when Ross revealed that his weather-spotter was so preoccupied potting the custard to sell later that he forgot to inform the team of this turn of events!
Alianora La Canta

Incidentally, when I dream of myself in the F1 circus, it is as often as not as some sort of data engineer who for some reason also ends up being responsible for defending the team when the stewards complain about something, whether it's "No, I assure you that pit-stop release was safe" or "What do you mean, we're not allowed to take banjos into the team garages anymore?!?".
fjackdaw

Post by fjackdaw »

I once went to a British Grand Prix with Tom Baker and Lalla Ward in their full Doctor Who costumes. In fact, I seem to attend a lot of British Grands Prix, many more than there actually are, often with my parents, and they're often frustrating experiences - being unable to find a spot overlooking the track, getting lost somewhere in the unnaturally massive grounds, or the race itself being unrecognisable as Formula 1. I have quite a lot of dreams in which F1 is unrecognisable, often consisting of massive grids of rather motley cars, sometimes as small and dinky as minis or smart cars. There are often huge first-lap accidents which wipe out most of the field, though I don't remember any involving serious injury.
WeirdKerr
Location: on the edge of nowhere with a ludicrous grid penalty.....

Post by WeirdKerr »

Alianora La Canta wrote:At the less plausible end, I had a particularly vivid dream the night before this year's British Grand Prix. My dream started off with Button leading from the first corner after making a great start from 6th. Then Hamilton passed him a bit later on... ...but the winner turned out to be Fisichella. Which seemed strange enough given that he'd qualified 16th in a Force India, but then the post-race analysis panel (consisting of Ross Brawn, Martin Brundle and one of my more intelligent friends from the blogosphere) concluded that the reason for this was a mid-race rain of pink custard. Somehow, the panel was able to discuss this with completely straight faces as if this was a normal event in Grands Prix. The moaning being reserved for when Ross revealed that his weather-spotter was so preoccupied potting the custard to sell later that he forgot to inform the team of this turn of events!

What, with the way things have gone this year pink custard rain would not surprise me at all.....
tristan1117
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by tristan1117 »

I don't have many F1 dreams. I seem to remember I had a dream where F1 drivers were driving around a Le Mans style track, super long, that was only one lap. One car (presumably Riccardo Patrese) flew and hit the roof of a tunnel. He lived. I seem to remember being in the car the unknown driver launched off.
CoopsII wrote:On occasion I have ventured into the PMM forum but beat a hasty retreat soon after as it resembles some sort of bad acid trip in there
Bleu

Post by Bleu »

I had a dream somewhere in the 2004. In the dream Belgian GP was on and in closing laps. Montoya was leading by good margin but he had some problems with the car and he was losing a lot of time. Räikkönen and Michael Schumacher were chasing and then few laps from the finish, Cornelius Horan ran to the track yet again. This time he was not as lucky as he was ran over by Montoya after Eau Rouge, but somehow only breaking his leg. Montoya crashed to the wall following that. Race was stopped and Montoya won the race due to countback.

Well, this didn't happen but incidentally men's marathon in Athens olympics was on the same day.
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

fjackdaw wrote:That reminds me - a very fleeting one showing an on-board of a driver in an Orange Arrows, with an orange and yellow helmet, driving around the A1 circuit in Austria. The graphic showed that his name was 'BUTTERFLY'.

Some time before that, I had a dream where I was in a back-of-the-grid team with pink and white cars. My team-mate was quite a pretty girl - we got along well and the two of us just had a cheerful time trudging around at the back with nothing really to prove. I still have an image from my POV looking out from the garage on a bleached-bright day, waving to her as she drove out in her car. Not a spectacular dream, but nice for the chilled-out feeling it gave me.

Pink cars? Female teammate? You were Giovanna Amati's teammate at Brabham in the early races of 1992, the legendary Eric van der Poele! :D
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
fjackdaw

Post by fjackdaw »

dr-baker wrote:
fjackdaw wrote:That reminds me - a very fleeting one showing an on-board of a driver in an Orange Arrows, with an orange and yellow helmet, driving around the A1 circuit in Austria. The graphic showed that his name was 'BUTTERFLY'.

Pink cars? Female teammate? You were Giovanna Amati's teammate at Brabham in the early races of 1992, the legendary Eric van der Poele! :D

Only one problem with that guess... my team-mate was easy-going and fun, which rather rules Giovanna out.
FullMetalJack
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by FullMetalJack »

Mine usually consist of driving the FW25, around Spa and also through the streets of where I live at night. One was also driving a 1989 Rial around the Birmingham Superprix circuit and colliding with someone on the main straight and ending up flying over the pit wall. Anything can happen in Formula 1, and it usually does. :mrgreen:
I like the way Snrub thinks!
CarlosFerreira

Post by CarlosFerreira »

Alianora La Canta wrote:At the less plausible end, I had a particularly vivid dream the night before this year's British Grand Prix. My dream started off with Button leading from the first corner after making a great start from 6th. Then Hamilton passed him a bit later on... ...but the winner turned out to be Fisichella. Which seemed strange enough given that he'd qualified 16th in a Force India, but then the post-race analysis panel (consisting of Ross Brawn, Martin Brundle and one of my more intelligent friends from the blogosphere) concluded that the reason for this was a mid-race rain of pink custard. Somehow, the panel was able to discuss this with completely straight faces as if this was a normal event in Grands Prix. The moaning being reserved for when Ross revealed that his weather-spotter was so preoccupied potting the custard to sell later that he forgot to inform the team of this turn of events!

Let's close this thread, shall we? You just won this one.
Stay home, Colin Kolles!
Alianora La Canta

Let's close this thread, shall we? You just won this one. {CarlosFerreira - previous post}

I didn't know it was a competition. Sometimes having an over-active imagination has its downsides...
CarlosFerreira

Post by CarlosFerreira »

Alianora La Canta wrote:Let's close this thread, shall we? You just won this one. {CarlosFerreira - previous post}

I didn't know it was a competition. Sometimes having an over-active imagination has its downsides...

Oh no, it's not a competition. It's just that whatever is said now will not make me laugh so hard. Actually woke my flatmate up. :lol:
Stay home, Colin Kolles!
Alianora La Canta

It's just that whatever is said now will not make me laugh so hard. Actually woke my flatmate up. {CarlosFerreria - previous post}

I see :lol:
Jack O Malley

Post by Jack O Malley »

I had one last night!

My girlfriend and I were on the bus and met Fernando Alonso. Then we went to his house: he lived with his parents and two younger brothers and it was a real mess. He said us that next year he will be annoyed that everyone will consider him the number one driver to Glock. Why Glock? asked I. So he told us that Ferrari will dump Massa and sign Glock for 2010. I asked if it was due to a slow recover from the crash and he said that Bernie and Max wanted Felipe out of F1, so they sent a heavyweight boxer that punched him two times in his face. :shock: :lol:
Sorry guys, I had a little outing.
Waris

Post by Waris »

I have daydreams about F1 all day, but I don't have dreams about them that often. I am very interested in dreams though, so I love this thread. =]

I've had dreams in which I was an F1 driver, but I never actually drove in my dreams, it was mostly just the stuff that happens between races during a season. Talking to people, etc.. I don't remember it very well. My F1 dreams are also connected to my fantasy seasons with lots of added teams that I have in waking life. (They're pretty much based on these dreams, therefore I call them "Memories of the Future" - I'm planning to use that name for other things too, not just F1-related fantasies.) One of the weirdest things I can remember now is that I remember a race in which Michael Schumacher, out of retirement, somewhere in the future, was driving for a team called Spezia (which is actually an Italian football team somewhere in Serie C or something). The car was white with bits of green and black. It didn't perform very well, though I don't remember any details. (I had this dream way before Massa had his crash and talks about Schumacher replacing him started. Oh, speaking of Massa, I've also had this dream in which he died. That was pretty scary, and flashes of that went through my head when the accident in Hungary happened. :o I think I've also dreamed of Michael Schumacher dying.) The first F1-related thing in a dream I can remember was when I saw a car crash into a tyre wall, it was painted in all colours of the rainbow but mostly dark blue, somewhat reminiscent of the '93 Jordan, the rear wing was black and it said "CONTINENTAL" as a sponsor logo (don't know if that's an actually existing company). It crashed really hard and weirdly, because the rear wheels, not the front ones, were lifted off the ground, and the car crashed into the tyre wall with the entire rear end raised, so vertically.

I also daydreamed the other day when I was taking a shower and daydreamed I was married to Fernando Alonso. XD I chuckled, because I was surprised with how silly it was.
MOTOR RACING IS DANGEROUS
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Waris wrote:the rear wing was black and it said "CONTINENTAL" as a sponsor logo (don't know if that's an actually existing company).

Continental is a German tyre manufacturer, whose colours are Orange with a Black background. Coincidence?
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
Waris

Post by Waris »

kostas22 wrote:
Waris wrote:the rear wing was black and it said "CONTINENTAL" as a sponsor logo (don't know if that's an actually existing company).

Continental is a German tyre manufacturer, whose colours are Orange with a Black background. Coincidence?

Ah, it makes sense now. Do you know if they used white letters in a different font before? Because the letters I'm talking about was white and in ALL CAPS.
shinji
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by shinji »

TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

I was about to say Continental Airlines (only one of the biggest airlines in the United States :lol: ) but their logo is Blue on a White background.

Anyways onto my Formula 1 dream... well more like a series of dreams connected together in some way.

Ok... they started around the time of the German Grand Prix. I was drafted in to replace Kazuki Nakajima just before the Monaco Grand Prix and put the FW-31 7th on the grid and managed to haul it up to 4th in the race and Harass Kimi Raikkonen near the end. Next race at Istanbul and I start from the rear because of problems I have no idea about. There I pulled off a massive burn from the stern making clinical pass after clinical pass on a 1 stop stratagy (I mean seriously I passed like 6 guys around the OUTSIDE of turn 8) including Jenson Button on the final lap but he managed to get a good slipstream and get by at the braking zone for turn 12 but I had proven my point by finishing 2nd in only my 2nd Grand Prix. Onwards to Silverstone after not knowing where the hell I qualified I ended up a pretty comfortable third behind the 2 Red Bulls in what was a pretty quiet race.

And now... the German Grand Prix: I think I started 5th on the grid but what's really important is what happened at the start. I got a good start and immediatly accounted for Button and Vettel. I aimed for the gap between Webber and the inside wall but as I saw Barrichello and Webber were getting way too close for comfort I darted to the outside. At this point I should mention that both McLarens were on the KERS and to the outside of me. By the time I reached the outside and avoided contact with Webber I had managed to collect both Hamilton with my front wing and Kovalainen with my left rear wheel sending Hamilton spearing into Barrichello and Webber and Kovalainen spinning into Vettel and Button with the Ferraris of Riakkonen and Massa ploughing into the wreck. I made it through with only front wing damage and a left rear puncture and Sutil was in the lead under the resulting Saftey Car. However after another burn from the stern I managed to take my first Grand Prix with ahead of Sutil and Rosberg.

The Hungarian Grand Prix I knew nothing about except that I finished third and was touted as a dark horse for the championship. That was before the next 4 Grand Prix... At the European Grand Prix I remember qualifying 4th and on the softer tyre I was behind Barrichello and pitting on the same lap but this was where masterstroke kicked in... I asked the team to convert me to a 1 stop stratagy with the harder tyres and I managed to lap at a similar pace to Barrichello which meant my 2nd win was signed, sealed and delivered. The next race at Spa my inherent pace came to the fore again and with a one stop stratagy after qualifying around 10th I passed Raikkonen at the chicane with about 2 laps to go and took Fisichella with me to record back to back wins.

Being at the top of my game right now I qualified 2nd at Monza with a similar fuel load to Hamilton and as the race panned out I ended up sandwiched between the 2 Brawns and on the final lap I overtook Barrichello down the inside at the second chicane to steal my 3rd win on the trot. Next was Singapore and I remember qualifying on pole for the first time and on a slightly heavier fuel load than Hamilton. However he got the jump at the start and was infront of me until with 9 laps to go where going into turn 7 I got alongside him but he didn't budge. When I put the power down on the exit of 7 I had a massive oversteer moment and while correcting it Hamilton tried to avoid me and inadverdently drove himself into the wall and out of the race thereby securing my 4th race in a row.

Japan was next and I don't remember where I qualified or how the hell I was running so far down in 13th while the SC was on track. But when the Saftey Car came in with a few laps to go I just went ballistic and made clinical pass after clinical pass until on the final lap I decided to dive down the inside of Vettel going into 130R. We touched at the apex but it was enough to unsettle both cars and send us careering into the barrier thereby gifting Toyota their first ever win infront of their home crowd. By this point I was leading the championship (I'm guessing I took the lead after Singapore but I'm not 100% sure) and at Brazil I promptly scored pole and held a convincing lead of about 10 seconds infront of Mark Webber heading into the final lap... but on the exit of turn 3 of the final tour the gearbox had other ideas. So heading into Abu Dhabi in my own virtual world I probably have a 3 point lead on Button (not 100% sure though) and firm favourite to take the title.

I knew I had reason to believe I was insane but not THAT insane
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
midgrid

Post by midgrid »

I had a dream a couple of years ago where F1 cars were racing at Monaco, only the track consisted of Mirabeau and the Grand Hotel hairpin over and over again, somewhat like Lombard Street in San Francisco looping back on itself. The only drivers I remember properly were Michael Schumacher and Rubens Barrichello, who were driving Ferrari F2002s with a livery from the Jordan 195. Anyway, Schumacher crashed really badly and broke his car in half, and Barrichello won the race. I also seem to remember Ukyo Katayama and Andrea de Cesaris finishing in the points. :?
"One day Bruno told me that he had heard the engine momentarily making a strange sound; his suspicion was that all the cylinders had been operating."
--Nigel Roebuck
shinji
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by shinji »

You guys have really vivid dreams. I don't remember any of mine.
Winterspring

Post by Winterspring »

My most recent dream was that There is a major shift in Williams in 2006, when Ralf is traded to Williams for Nico and It is Ralf and Mark who challenge for wins with Fernando and Michael with Ralf winning it by 1 point over his brother. I was the Williams PR which was odd but I did look good in their colours.

The oddest thing was that Mark was dating Kylie Minogue.
CarlosFerreira

Post by CarlosFerreira »

Winterspring wrote:My most recent dream was that There is a major shift in Williams in 2006, when Ralf is traded to Williams for Nico and It is Ralf and Mark who challenge for wins with Fernando and Michael with Ralf winning it by 1 point over his brother. I was the Williams PR which was odd but I did look good in their colours.

The oddest thing was that Mark was dating Kylie Minogue.

Ralf gets the Championship, Mark gets Kylie. Really, none of them is objecting right now.
Stay home, Colin Kolles!
Waris

Post by Waris »

fjackdaw wrote:I have them all the time. This morning was a particularly potty one.

Trulli and Liuzzi had had some kind of disagreement which had led Trulli to punch Liuzzi. They were on TV being interviewed, trying to shake and make up, but both were still too angry to really let it lie. Trulli was an accurate Trulli, but Liuzzi was a pale man with an oval face. He had red marks up the left hand side of his face where Jarno had punched him.

I looked the original incident up on YouTube. There was a clip titled "Trulli: Death of a clown, or the last joke in F1?", but when played it was just footage of a Toyota driving around an empty track while someone played an acoustic cover of The Kinks' 'Death Of A Clown' over the top. As I woke up, this had morphed into The Rolling Stones' '2000 Man'.

Reading this again, this sounds eerily like the incident Trulli and Sutil had in... was it Brazil? I think it was.
midgrid

Post by midgrid »

I had another F1-related dream recently, about the start of the 2010 season. As the field accelerated away from the grid at Melbourne (oops), Rubens Barrichello, driving a Brawn (oops again), was launched into a barrel roll at the first corner. The race was restarted, but on this occasion Jenson Button stalled on the grid. No-one hit him, but for some reason the car turned upside-down by itself. Could be a premonition, but unlikely.
"One day Bruno told me that he had heard the engine momentarily making a strange sound; his suspicion was that all the cylinders had been operating."
--Nigel Roebuck
Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

Indeed, I thought a lot on my helmet design. It would be inspired in that of Nelson Piquet Sr. with some tweaks. As for a team, I'd like to drive a year with a newcomer to gain experience, and then try to carve my way into a top team.