F1 Rejects Got Talent

The place for speaking your mind on current goings-on in F1
dr-baker

F1 Rejects Got Talent

Post by dr-baker »

Furthering this debate in the Marussia/Virgin/Manor thread, who will be the next talented youngster to come from the junior ranks to become WDC? In that other thread, we had suggestions of Dillman, Felix da Costa, Quaife-Hobbs, Hawksworth, Vandoorne, Wickens, Frijns, et al.

My money's on Josh Hill, son of the 1994 champ, grandson of the 1962 and 1968 champ, and unrelated to the 1961 champ. The guy's got pedigree - nobody with that surname has failed to win the title...
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
Salamander

Re: F1 Rejects Got Talent

Post by Salamander »

Much as I would love to see Wickens prove Red Bull wrong, and get into F1 soon, I don't see it happening after the year he had in DTM. I'd say the smart money would be on either da Costa or Frijns.
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
FullMetalJack
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by FullMetalJack »

BlindCaveSalamander wrote:Much as I would love to see Wickens prove Red Bull wrong, and get into F1 soon, I don't see it happening after the year he had in DTM. I'd say the smart money would be on either da Costa or Frijns.

da Costa would be my bet if I were a betting man, which I am.
I like the way Snrub thinks!
girry

Post by girry »

da Costa wasn't all that superb in GP3 which made me doubt him a bit, but what he has shown in FR3.5 is something else really....same goes for Frijns. Remember he beat Bianchi (2 GP2 seasons) straight coming from FR2.0....but everybody knows them anyway :p

Therefore, my F1 Rejects Got Talent picks are:
Robert Visoiu
Mathéo Tuscher
and Louis Delétraz.

High hopes, they are on you.

edit - James Calado still no mentions? He's got the opportunity of his life (along with Ericsson) this season in GP2, and possibly Nasr & Abt too...
when you're dead people start listening
UncreativeUsername37

Post by UncreativeUsername37 »

Matthew Brabham (thanks to money)
Kevin Gilardoni (signs up with Zeta for FR3.5 this year, pwns everyone and finally gets di Resta out of F1 for 2014)
Rob Dylan wrote:Mercedes paying homage to the other W12 chassis by breaking down 30 minutes in
Warren Hughes

Post by Warren Hughes »

I'm rooting for Tio Ellinas. But I don't have a great track record with these things, I was a Clivio Piccione fan :oops:
Nico Rosberg wrote:Break me down mentally? Good luck with that one.

:roll:
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Wait, there's a Louis Delétraz? :o :shock: And what is Delétraz doing? (this year that is...)

And an honourable mention to Roy Nissany - couldn't do worse than his father, could he?

And whatever happened to the fan favourite, the Fire King, Plamen Kralev?
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

giraurd wrote:edit - James Calado still no mentions? He's got the opportunity of his life (along with Ericsson) this season in GP2, and possibly Nasr & Abt too...

I believe in James Calado :mrgreen:

Seriously, alongside Chilton, he was probably one of the best in GP2 last year, especially considering he was a rookie and all. Felipe Nasr's another that strikes out as someone who could do very well in F1, but we'll have to see at the end of this year's GP2 season whether he is Brazil's next great hope or not.
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
Benetton

Post by Benetton »

Mitch Evans (born in June 1994). Won GP3 last year and now competing in GP2 with Arden IIRC, he is an exciting talent!

On a more unserious note, Hugo Häkkinen, the son of Mika.

As a Finn I'm bit worried about our future. Okay we have Bottas debuting now and he should by all means have a decent career (at least 3-5 seasons). But after Valtteri I don't see anyone in the pipeline! Maybe Kujala has an outside shot since he is b. 1996 and already in GP3 but unfortunately I don't see him doing well there since his results before this season has been less than spectacular. Vainio is a year older than Evans and is starting his 3rd (IIRC) season in GP3... so no apparent progress there. And last IIRC, they aren't well funded anyway.

Edit) Other. Nico Müller (Swiss b. 1992) (WSR) - Sergey Sirotkin (Russian b. 1995) (WSR) - Stoffel Vandoorne (Belgian b. 1992) (WSR)

I feel that basically if your born 1989 or older the ship has sailed a bit already now that Bottas and Bianchi finally got seats.
Onxy Wrecked

Post by Onxy Wrecked »

dr-baker wrote:Wait, there's a Louis Delétraz? :o :shock: And what is Delétraz doing? (this year that is...)

And an honourable mention to Roy Nissany - couldn't do worse than his father, could he?

And whatever happened to the fan favourite, the Fire King, Plamen Kralev?

Plamen was extinguished out of racing in 2010.
More Moneytron, more problems for Onyx!
A flock of Kroghs appear on the NASCAR Track and cause caw-tions!
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

Thought I'd show my allegiance with a nice new avatar.

Why am I a Dillmann fan? Firstly, I think that he's a top talent; he has natural speed tempered with mature driving and the way he held off Razia to win a race last season despite his tyres having worn out a few laps before meant that I had gained a lot of respect for him. He proved that, despite a less than ideal 2011 in GP3, he could easily handle more powerful machinery. The fact that he was replaced by De Jong mid-season was due to nothing but money, and I think the only person that complained about that switch more than me was Will Buxton.

He deserves a shot in a top seat; I'm hoping Russian Time will deliver the goods to ensure that he has at least a chance of getting a few wins this season.
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
WaffleCat

Post by WaffleCat »

I have a feeling that Vandoorne will make it big in F1 for some reason. Coming from a Robert Kubica fan when he was in British F3, I've got a good feeling about this. I'm also a Vandoorne supporter in simracing series like TouringProSeries,which makes me an even bigger fan of his.
My friend's USB drive spoiled, spilled tea on her laptop and had a bird poo in her hand.

What did she do in her past life to deserve this?

Signup for the Random Racing League, Season TWO!!!
Butterfox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Butterfox »

WaffleCat wrote:I have a feeling that Vandoorne will make it big in F1 for some reason. Coming from a Robert Kubica fan when he was in British F3, I've got a good feeling about this. I'm also a Vandoorne supporter in simracing series like TouringProSeries,which makes me an even bigger fan of his.

Well, his Total sponsorship would be enough to get him as far as a top GP2 drive next year (Total and RACB seem to be working together often, resulting thus far in Baguette having done some indycar and Neuville in WRC), his results will do the rest.

And altough i rate Frijns very high, i doubt he'll ever get into F1, as he doesn't have any sponsorship at all, meaning he'll be unable to secure a decent GP2 drive, and will probably be overlooked. Maybe if he's lucky one of the Sauber-drivers gets injured or Hulkenberg gets promoted to a better team. But his chances aren't very high. Why do companies always sponsor the wrong dutchmen? :roll:
I don't know what i want and i want it now!
Shadaza

Post by Shadaza »

There are some strong drivers in Euro F3 this season most notably:
Raffaele Marciello, Alex Lynn and Felix Serralles.

Not to mention the sons of former F1/racing personalities:
Josh Hill, Eddie Cheever III, Roy Nissany and Tom Blomqvist.
Message me on Discord.
Butterfox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Butterfox »

Shadaza wrote:There are some strong drivers in Euro F3 this season most notably:
Raffaele Marciello, Alex Lynn and Felix Serralles.

Not to mention the sons of former F1/racing personalities:

And Max Verstappen. I don't know how good he is as a racing driver, but if his personality is anything like his fathers...
Myrvold

Post by Myrvold »

WaffleCat wrote:I have a feeling that Vandoorne will make it big in F1 for some reason. Coming from a Robert Kubica fan when he was in British F3, I've got a good feeling about this. I'm also a Vandoorne supporter in simracing series like TouringProSeries,which makes me an even bigger fan of his.

Oh my, while I was an admin at RaceDepartment I saw some of the deleted/"secret" stuff Stoffel did. Enough for me to not like him. And now I've written the same thing in two different threads! A fast guy, but I don't like him as a person.

My guys will have to be Norwegian.

Dennis Olsen, born in 1996. Doing FR 2.0 this year and signed with Red Bull late last autumn, is also managed by former World Sportscar Series driver Harald Huysman (most likely most known as Jenson Buttons manager around 2000, and the guy who saw Kimi Raikkonen in a gokartrace in Norway in 1998, and put a lot of effort to get him out of karting and into cars). And Øystein Helgheim born somewhere between 95 and 97. Helgheim beat Dennis Olsen to a talent prize in norway in 2011, but had a pretty unlucky season in karting last year. I still think he's a bigger talent though. But he doesn't look to have the same backing or contacts.
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

I've got my eye on James Calado and Mitch Evans this year.

Anyone know what Alice Powell is up to this season?
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
Backmarker

Post by Backmarker »

This wrote:
Shadaza wrote:Not to mention the sons of former F1/racing personalities:

And Max Verstappen. I don't know how good he is as a racing driver, but if his personality is anything like his fathers...

And Aurelien Panis, Kevin Magnussen, Johnny Cecotto, Jr., Matt Brabham, Sam Brabham...
The Iceman Waiteth
What if Kimi Räikkönen hadn't got his chance in 2001?
solarcold

Post by solarcold »

Louis Deletraz.
"Here's your car. Go nuts."
Dallara, 2010
AdrianSutil

Post by AdrianSutil »

Backmarker wrote:
This wrote:
Shadaza wrote:Not to mention the sons of former F1/racing personalities:

And Aurelien Panis, Kevin Magnussen, Johnny Cecotto, Jr., Matt Brabham, Sam Brabham...

Alex Brundle is another one.
RIP NAN - 26/12/2014
RIP DAD - 9/2/2015

Currently building a Subaru Impreza to compete in the 2016 MSV Trophy.
PremierInn spokesperson for Great Ormond Street Hospital
girry

Post by girry »

Benetton wrote:Vainio is a year older than Evans and is starting his 3rd (IIRC) season in GP3... so no apparent progress there. And last IIRC, they aren't well funded anyway.

don't forget that had Vainio not been given that 20 sec penalty in Monza feature race for being a tenth too quick in yellow flag zone, he likely would have taken that title...the ranges were very close. He's no slouch (but admittedly must now really impress as he's 'one step off' the optimal ladder for not being able to capitalize last season...)
F1 Adam

Post by F1 Adam »

I was very impressed with Daniel Abt in the GP3 races at Spa and Monza last year. He pulled off some stunning overtakes, and got a couple of wins. That said these were the only GP3 races I saw in 2012 and looking at his other results it was much more of a mixed bag. But hey ho, I judge from what I see :)

He was 2nd in the championship as well, only two points behind Mitch Evans. He's teamed with James Calado in GP2 this year I believe, will be interesting to see how he gets on there.
Copersucar

Post by Copersucar »

Kevin Magnussen has always impressed me.
"What else do you need to do? You have been world champion three times, you are obviously the quickest driver. Give it up and let's go fishing."
Prof. Sid Watkins 1928-2012
Ayrton Senna 1960-1994
ibsey

Post by ibsey »

Wizzie wrote:Felipe Nasr's another that strikes out as someone who could do very well in F1, but we'll have to see at the end of this year's GP2 season whether he is Brazil's next great hope or not.

Me too. I've been singing his praises, ever since watching him in British F3 in 2011, where IMO he looked a potential future F1 star. Hope so too, since Brazil needs a decent young F1 driver for the future.
Coming January 2019 a new F1 book revisiting 1994.

Pre order it here; www.performancepublishing.co.uk/1994-th ... eason.html

The book's website; www.1994f1.com/
ibsey

Post by ibsey »

Copersucar wrote:Kevin Magnussen has always impressed me.

No disrespect intended towards you Copersucar. But I'm kinda hoping he does make it to F1 but then gains F1 reject status. Only because then we would have a father & son of F1 rejects. :P
Coming January 2019 a new F1 book revisiting 1994.

Pre order it here; www.performancepublishing.co.uk/1994-th ... eason.html

The book's website; www.1994f1.com/
RonDenisDeletraz

Post by RonDenisDeletraz »

Myrvold wrote:Dennis Olsen, born in 1996. Doing FR 2.0 this year and signed with Red Bull late last autumn, is also managed by former World Sportscar Series driver Harald Huysman (most likely most known as Jenson Buttons manager around 2000, and the guy who saw Kimi Raikkonen in a gokartrace in Norway in 1998, and put a lot of effort to get him out of karting and into cars).

Olsen was crap in TRS. Can't see him ever making it anywhere near F1.

And Felipe Nasr's biggest problem is his name, I have a feeling that it might make getting sponsorship a bit harder for him
aerond wrote:Yes RDD, but we always knew you never had any sort of taste either :P

tommykl wrote:I have a shite car and meme sponsors, but Corrado Fabi will carry me to the promised land with the power of Lionel Richie.
Backmarker

Post by Backmarker »

eurobrun wrote:And Felipe Nasr's biggest problem is his name, I have a feeling that it might make getting sponsorship a bit harder for him

What's wrong with Nasr, the fact that it's originally an Arabic name? Nasr's currently doing quite well for sponsorship at the moment, he's got backing from Banco do Brasil, OGX (a Brazilian oil and gas company), Sky, and Noma (a producer of trailers). And an Arabic surname might not be an awful thing when it comes to getting sponsors, if you look in the right part of the world.
The Iceman Waiteth
RonDenisDeletraz

The problem is how similar it is to a certain Ferrari driver
aerond wrote:Yes RDD, but we always knew you never had any sort of taste either :P

tommykl wrote:I have a shite car and meme sponsors, but Corrado Fabi will carry me to the promised land with the power of Lionel Richie.
Backmarker

Post by Backmarker »

eurobrun wrote:The problem is how similar it is to a certain Ferrari driver

Eh. I don't think it's going to be a problem really.
The Iceman Waiteth
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

Backmarker wrote:
eurobrun wrote:The problem is how similar it is to a certain Ferrari driver

Eh. I don't think it's going to be a problem really.

Not as bad as Brundle and Blundell, at least for the Japanese! :lol:
I want my MTV...Simtek Ford

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
Myrvold

Post by Myrvold »

eurobrun wrote:Olsen was crap in TRS. Can't see him ever making it anywhere near F1.

Like I said, I don't think he's the biggest talent in Norway, but he's the one with the right contacts. And with that, the best shot of any Norwegians atm.
UncreativeUsername37

Post by UncreativeUsername37 »

Coming to F1 in 2015: Auto GP driver Andrea Roda.
Rob Dylan wrote:Mercedes paying homage to the other W12 chassis by breaking down 30 minutes in
girry

Post by girry »

Let's review the submissions on this thread!

Josh Hill (dr-baker, Shadaza) - Fail. Retired from racing in 2013.
Robert Wickens (Salamander) - Fail. Still in DTM (as Salamander predicted on his submission already)
Antonio Felix da Costa (Salamander) - Fail. Got Helmut Marko'd off the F1 track, straight onto the DTM/Formula E slope.
Robin Frijns (Salamander & FullMetalJack) - Fail. Didn't want to get Helmut Marko'd off the F1 track so his finances took him onto the GT/Formula E slope.
Robert Visoiu (giraurd) - Fail. Didn't really make his break in GP3, got a chance in GP2, didn't quite make sparks there either.
Matheo Tuscher (giraurd) - Fail. Didn't really make sparks in GP3 either, went to WEC instead.
Louis Deletraz (giraurd, solarcold) - To be determined. 2nd in WSBR this year, likely stepping into GP2 next year.
James Calado (giraurd, Wizzie, East Londoner) - Fail. Having your money run out before winning your GP2 title makes a great pedigree for you to become a Ferrari GT driver.
Matthew Brabham (UgncreativeUsername, Backmarker) - Fail. Desperately knocking every possible door at the IndyCar paddock.
Kevin Gilardoni (UgncreativeUsername) - Fail. Eh...who?
Tio Ellinas (Warren Hughes) - Fail. Being rather average everywhere on the F1 ladder makes you a prospect for a Carrera Cup GB seat in 2017.
Roy Nissany (dr-baker, Shadaza) - To be determined. 4th in WSBR last year so his single seater career is likely to continue on the F1 ladder, even if the the field wasn't anywhere near as strong as it used to be - needless to say we all hope he gets to match his dad's achievements in the wheel of an F1 car during an F1 weekend.
Felipe Nasr (Wizzie, ibsey) - Score!...well, uh, at least he made it to F1. And scored some points. Didn't he even unrejectify himself? However, his yellow-and-blue life vest might blow up any moment..
Mitch Evans (Benetton, East Londoner) - Fail. Despite his obvious potential, never really became a consistent front runner in GP2 and is thus heading towards what seems like every single Kiwi's favorite pastime, sports car racing.
Hugo Hakkinen (Benetton) - Fail. Declared that his aspiration is to become a professional footballer. I, for one, welcome our new footballing overlord.
Nico Muller (Benetton) - Fail. I had to google him as I had literally zero idea what he was doing since his WSBR days, when he was rather good. DTM'ed for 3 years. Ehhhh.
Sergey Sirotkin (Benetton) - To be determined. Back a couple of years, the teenage Sergey didn't get his Sauber chance despite his contract (...shock, eh?), but he'll be one of the favorites for the GP2 title next year and might very well get another chance in 2018.
Stoffel Vandoorne (Benetton, WaffleCat, This) - SCORE! The young Belgian has been so good in junior categories that McLaren finally became too embarrassed not to give him a chance in 2017 and therefore had to sack Jenson Button.
Tom Dillmann (Ataxia) - Fail. Yes, I said it. The 2016 WSBR champion is a fail. Why? One has to admire his perseverance to stay on the F1 ladder for well over ten years despite dropping off it numerous times - but at some point Tom will have to finally admit he won't make it to F1 without money and go to sportscars instead. Right?
Alex Lynn (Shadaza) - Fail. Hopped off the Red Bull programme, didn't quite make it in the Williams one in GP2, heading out of the single seater ladder to sports car racing next year.
Raffaele Marciello (Shadaza) - Fail. His career trajectory looks similar to Lynn: failed to break into the very top of GP2 consistently kicked out of the Ferrari academy, and is now left considering his options - which almost certainly will not involve Formula One.
Eddie Cheever III (Shadaza) - Fail. Racing in NASCAR Europe. Boogity boogity.
Tom Blomqvist (Shadaza) - Fail. His career track headed off the F1 rails in 2014, to DTM and GT racing.
Max Verstappen (This) - WINNER! Probably won't have to say anything.
Dennis Olsen (Myrvold) - Fail. Became a Porsche Carrera driver.
Oystein Helgheim (Myrvold) - Fail. No records of making it out of karting at all, as Myrvold feared, too.
Alice Powell (East Londoner) - Fail. Her career seems to have stagnated below F3, as well.
Aurelien Panis (Backmarker) - Eh...to be determined. 5th in WSBR this year. It looks like we predicted all 2016 WSBR drivers correctly. Remains to be seen whether he will get another shot on the F1 ladder.
Kevin Magnussen (Backmarker, Copersucar) - SCORE! Albeit he didn't get a proper chance at McLaren, Kevin seems to have estabilished his F1 status somewhat - his soon-to-be-record with driving all four engines currently in F1.
Johnny Cecotto jr (Backmarker) - Fail. OK, he made a miraclous GP2 return as a sane version of himself at Abu Dhabi. But I can't see where his F1 money would come from, in the current economic climate at Venezuela - and don't suggest the possibility any F1 team might hire him without...they wouldn't, right?
Sam Brabham (Backmarker) - Fail. Doesn't seem to be racing anymore.
Alex Brundle (AdrianSutil) - Fail. Became a WEC driver.
Daniel Abt (F1 Adam) - Fail. Can't claim a lack of opportunities in GP2, LMP1 and Formula E, despite having not shown any impressive speed anywhere quicker than a GP3 car.
Andrea Roda (UgncreativeUsername) - Fail. Uh...who?

--

Oh, how different the future of F1 looked less than four years ago. Nobody believed in Marcus Ericsson or Jolyon Palmer, nobody had really noticed Pascal Wehrlein, Daniil Kvyat or Carlos Sainz jr, nobody had even heard of Esteban Ocon and Lance Stroll...

...and we all would have to feel utterly and thoroughly embarrassed for not recognizing Max Verstappen on this thread at all, only if not for the HWNSNBM-tier Potential Formula One Talent Spotting Abilities that user This obviously has. Please, Oracle Almighty, will you tell us mortals again who the next real talents are to be :mrgreen:

HM's to Copersucar, ibsey and WaffleCat - the rest of us were truly rejectful and should be ashamed of ourselves :oops:
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

Alright, I feel like it's time to have another crack at this. Here's a few names I'm watching out for in the next few years:

- Lando Norris: This kid turned 17 two weeks ago, and he's already won two FR2.0 titles, the Toyota Racing Series, put in a great recovery drive in Macau (despite having never seen the track and only driven a proper F3 car once before), and made Mick freaking Schumacher his b**** in ADAC F4. McLaren, please pick this kid up already.
- Richard Verschoor: The next big hope of the Red Bull young driver program, since Gasly's been put on ice and Camara's a huge bust. While WINNINGLOL in SMP and Spanish F4 isn't exactly anything to write home about, his competitiveness in his ADAC F4 cameos shows there's promise in the him yet
- Joey Mawson: The other kid to make Mick Schumacher his b****, "Token Aussie" is looking to move up to Euro F3 next year. Winning the ADAC F4 title as comfortably as he did in such an ultra-competitive field is enough to catch anyone's attention
- David Beckmann: Dave's a bit of a sleeper, but the kid's only 16 and has shown flashes of brilliance in Euro F3 this year. Coupled with his competitive showings in ADAC and Italian F4 in 2015 and the German's got a big future ahead of him
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
Butterfox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Butterfox »

-I'm seconding Richard Verschoor. If he doesnt pull a Frijns, he's will eventually get there. Interest in formula one in the Netherlands is currently rising with Max and Heineken involved.
-I'm also giving Mick Schumacher a chance. He's been doing good at F4 and if he's the real deal, his name will do the rest.
-Lando Norris, his name is awesome, so i want him to make it. Lando Calrissian, Texas Ranger

And oh, i was just lucky to get right, i only picked 'local' drivers. There doesnt seem to be any noteworthy belgian on the radar for the moment though.
CarloSpace
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by CarloSpace »

What about Niko Kari? He was even more dominating than Verschoor in 2015 SMP F4 and did ok in Euro Formula 3 this season. It's make or break next season in the Red Bull organisation.
Aislabie

Post by Aislabie »

Alrighty then, if we're going to play this game:

• Sophia Florsch
  • Lando Norris
  • Mick Schumacher
  • Robert Verschoor
  • Guanyu Zhou

Drivers chosen for a range of talent, marketability and financial clout.
golic_2004

Post by golic_2004 »

Richard Verschoor should definitely be in F1 in the next decade with his talents and backing of Red Bull.
Sophia Flörsch is most likely the next female to race in F1 if her results in the lower categories improve. One of the youngest in the F4 field, she scored more points in ADAC than those who raced in the series for two years.
Joey Mawson beat Mick Schumacher to the ADAC F4 title
Arjun Maini might be a bit of a long shot, but his GP3 results prove he has the pace and his post-season testing shows he's got the ability.
The future McLaren http://imgur.com/sNFFMYF
RonDenisDeletraz

I am calling it now, Joey Mawson is a serious talent

mario

Post by mario »

giraurd wrote:...and we all would have to feel utterly and thoroughly embarrassed for not recognizing Max Verstappen on this thread at all, only if not for the HWNSNBM-tier Potential Formula One Talent Spotting Abilities that user This obviously has. Please, Oracle Almighty, will you tell us mortals again who the next real talents are to be :mrgreen:

To be fair, at the time that those predictions were made - in the first quarter of 2013 - Max Verstappen was still a kart driver (his first test, which was in a Formula Renault 2.0 car, wasn't until the latter half of the year).
Martin Brundle, on watching a replay of Grosjean spinning:
"The problem with Grosjean is that he want to take a look back at the corner he's just exited"