Diffuser-Gate Clarification....EVERYONE READ!

The place for speaking your mind on current goings-on in F1
Fitch

Diffuser-Gate Clarification....EVERYONE READ!

Post by Fitch »

Ok, I'm sick of hearing this.........Brawn, Williams, and Toyota are NOT going to be disqualified......Let me say it again, Brawn GP have WON the Australian and Malaysian Grands Prix.....

The nature of the protest is such, that the results will stand no matter what the ruiling, if they are deemed illegal then the loophole will be closed and that will be it...........
Rentragmuab Tlosz!!!!!
Captain Hammer

Re: Diffuser-Gate Clarification....EVERYONE READ!

Post by Captain Hammer »

Wrong. While it is UNLIKELY that the results will be altered, TECHNICALLY it is possible for the FIA to disqualify those three teams.
mario wrote:I'm wondering what the hell has been going on in this thread [...] it's turned into a bizarre detour into mythical flying horses and the sort of search engine results that CoopsII is going to have a very hard time explaining ...
CarlosFerreira

Post by CarlosFerreira »

Fitch wrote:Ok, I'm sick of hearing this.........Brawn, Williams, and Toyota are NOT going to be disqualified......Let me say it again, Brawn GP have WON the Australian and Malaysian Grands Prix.....

The nature of the protest is such, that the results will stand no matter what the ruiling, if they are deemed illegal then the loophole will be closed and that will be it...........

I think you're right - that's what the BBC and the Autosport people said as well. The cars were deemed legal, so ran the race legally. If they had been found illegal, they could have run under protest and, if found illegal by the WMSC, they would be stripped of points. What might happen if the WMSC finds them illegal is that they'll have to change their cars or face disqualification from then on.
Stay home, Colin Kolles!
Rodrigo

Post by Rodrigo »

Well, I'm sure the're safe. After all, it's Brawn, Williams and Toyota, not McLaren :mrgreen:
IVY440

Post by IVY440 »

How do we know the FIA? It's always the same, the teams run legally until the appeal. I predict the diffuser will be declared legal, but the rules will most likely change so they can't be used anymore.
In the past it's always been so, and now Ferrari and McLaren have many troubles keeping up, I guess it will be the same again.
StoneColdSpider

Post by StoneColdSpider »

i can see them saying they are banned from... NOW....
but all the results will stand from the past 2 GPs
Im a sarcastic perverted tourist robbing Australian convict

"I want to grab Nick Fry and beat 3 shades of *BEEP* out of him
and have him rotating slowly over a spit!"
Ross Prawn

Post by Ross Prawn »

I think its highly unlikely that the diffuser cars will be banned for the first two GP's. Leaving aside the legalities, this would be an admission by the FIA that its stewards and technical advisers have been asleep for the last three months. And as Jamie and Enoch have beautifully illustrated in the podcasts, it would make a complete bollocks of the world championship. And it would probably sink Brawn GP, which is F1's only good story at the moment.

Its as likely as Max putting on a giant chicken costume and wandering through the streets of Paris. (Although to be fair, given the events of the last year, this cannot be totally ruled out.)

I reckon they'll refer this to some technical working group, with a view to banning it by mid season.

They'll probably just fine McLaren. Not for any particular reason, but it will make Max happy.
"Other than the car behind and the driver who might get a bit startled with the sudden explosion in front, it really isn't a major safety issue from that point of view,"
LionZoo

Post by LionZoo »

I could just see the rules being changed at the end of the year. Banning them then makes it much simpler.

Of course they could also change the rules in the context of improving safety in the middle of the season. While that'll be a harder sell diffusers were chopped in the middle of the season in 1994. Not quite comparable situations, but they could apply a similar ruling.
CarlosFerreira

Post by CarlosFerreira »

LionZoo wrote:I could just see the rules being changed at the end of the year. Banning them then makes it much simpler.

Yeah, I agree that's probably the safest bet.
Stay home, Colin Kolles!
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

The FIA will probably ban them at the end of the year just for the sake of the viewers.

But should the FIA ban them now they would automatically win the ROTY awrad since they ignored the issue completely during the off season and to ban them now would probably leave a very sour taste in the mouth.
Anyone remember the Renault Diffuser issue from 06? Hockenhiem Race Stweards deemed it legel but the FIA didn't
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.