James Allen

The place for speaking your mind on current goings-on in F1
razta

James Allen

Post by razta »

Since being dropped from his position as commentator for ITV has anyone else seen what he's been up to?

well, this is from his blog.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWOTDQLSgdM

Looks like his love affair with Lewis has ended and a new one with Brawn and Button has started.. Brawn-mania???
Kuwashima
F1 Rejects Founder

Re: James Allen

Post by Kuwashima »

Please, please tell me that was some kind of spoof.

That was one of the most unintentionally funny things I have seen in a while.

"Hand gestures speak volumes ... inquisitiveness laced with hostility" WTF????
razta

Post by razta »

No, that wasn't a spoof.. he's got his own blog site - http://www.jamesallenonf1.com
eytl
F1 Rejects Founder

Post by eytl »

Oh dear ...

Enough said.
StoneColdSpider

Post by StoneColdSpider »

im so glad he is not commintating on the BCC.....
he jumps on every british bandwagen that drives by.....
i use to mute the races half the time of cause him...
Im a sarcastic perverted tourist robbing Australian convict

"I want to grab Nick Fry and beat 3 shades of *BEEP* out of him
and have him rotating slowly over a spit!"
Debaser

Post by Debaser »

His blog is actually quite good (seriously). But that clip there was hilarious, he must sleep at night with a British flag above his head with a picture of Button on it. He weeps when he hears the national anthem. If Button and Hamilton finish 1-2 at the British GP security guards will be needed to prevent him going naked, kissing Button and Hamilton on the podium and launching into a 38 minute speech about Britain's "Glorious" past.
CarlosFerreira

Post by CarlosFerreira »

"The big fellow on the pit wall": that'll make Ross Brawn happy! I've seen some rubbish in the past, but this establishes a whole new meaning to the expression "too much bandwidth". :|
Stay home, Colin Kolles!
noshpit

Post by noshpit »

this is absolute reject worthy material. He is much better writing stuff than he is talking. go to www.sniffpetrol.com and look up stop the cock for more
Enforcer
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Enforcer »

That's the worst thing I've ever seen.
Chilled Phill

Post by Chilled Phill »

Debaser wrote:His blog is actually quite good (seriously). But that clip there was hilarious, he must sleep at night with a British flag above his head with a picture of Button on it. He weeps when he hears the national anthem. If Button and Hamilton finish 1-2 at the British GP security guards will be needed to prevent him going naked, kissing Button and Hamilton on the podium and launching into a 38 minute speech about Britain's "Glorious" past.

Somehow, the words "that will never happen" don't appear to come to mind after reading that. :D

Certainly, it is nice to hear some acoustic/ambient music against some lovely pictures, although the "vocalist" sort of ruins the atmosphere of the experience... :(

Although looking at Jamie and Enoch's posts on the matter, we just might have a talking point (or perhaps a parody?) for the Chinese Podcast. :lol:
Stewart

Post by Stewart »

I hated James Allen as a commentator; it was always going to be difficult to fill Murray Walker's position, but I think he was terrible. His blind fanaticism when talking about anyone English (as a Scot, I must make the distinction) and his irritating comments about 'body langauge' and how you could 'really sense' x, y and z in a team drove me to despair.

His blog, however, is excellent. I was quite surprised by this as I was expecting more of the same rubbish from his commentary, but it really is good. Apart, that is, from the video above. I've long been an admirer of Darren Heath's photography, but Allen's comments brought back painful memories of his commentary. If he ever repeats this (which I hope he won't), I shall be watching the photos with the sound OFF.
tastyhouse

Post by tastyhouse »

I live in America so I get the Speed broadcast of F1 and I have to say I'm thoroughly pleased with the commentating team. Bob Varsha, Steve Matchett and David Hobbs are fantastic, I think this moreso after having to sit through an ITV Qualifying Analysis of Canada 2008. Their "analysis" of Hamilton's pole lap was so brutal. There was something to the effect of "...and here he is coming out of the hairpin excitedly flipping through the gears as if he knows he's got pole in his grasp..." I wish there was a vomit smiley... I would place one right about here.
Test and reserve driver for MasterCard Lola.
thehemogoblin

Post by thehemogoblin »

tastyhouse wrote:I live in America so I get the Speed broadcast of F1 and I have to say I'm thoroughly pleased with the commentating team. Bob Varsha, Steve Matchett and David Hobbs are fantastic.

Oh yeah! They're great.